[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey /dpt/, what do you think about this?

>Recently graduated EE (with math double minor), looking for jobs related to signal processing.
>Most if not all ask for matlab and/or C/C++ knowledge
>Already a complete freak at matlab
>Have actual work experience with C++
>Learned to program in C but haven't touched it in years, never did anything "advanced" with it
>Im now reading the C book (k&r) every day after work, goal is to adquire decent mastery of the language
>Plan is to eventually start working on writing a library (or most likely a set of libraries) that implements a bunch of numerical methods I'm interested in and that I've previously studied at uni (gauss-seidel, newton rhapson, various interpolation methods, runge kuta, etc)
>If that goes well I'll also write a signal processing library for the computation of some important things such as convolution, correlation, autocorrelation, fft, Fourier spectrae, etc.

What do you think? Should I add anything else?
What I like about C is that even if I don't end up getting a signal processing related job like I'd like I could still use it for embedded devices programming, a field I already have experience in.
>>
you sound gay
>>
>>81458032
i am gay, howd you know
>>
>>81457971
most if not all of that already exists in pretty much every language, but it's definitely a fun enterprise.
>>
>>81458032
thats mean bro :(
>>
>>81458103
yes exactly, im not trying to do something new for anyone and in fact most likely my implementations are going to be quite shitty.
Im just trying to learn so I figured it would be a fun project.
>>
>>81458175
hmm i'm kinda hesitant to ask, but do you wanna do this in a startup setting? I have a (admittedly currently mothballed) side-hustle involving pretty much all of that, plus some custom armax-like stuff
>>
File: picture.jpg (18 KB, 474x239)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>81458175
also looks great on a resume, you are going to make it, anon
>>
>>81458254
Actually that would be quite interesting, how do I contact you?
>>
>>81458392
do you have a linkedin?
>>
File: 1522682182539.jpg (36 KB, 655x527)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>81458320
Thanks anon!
>>
>>81458399
Yeah but I don't want to dox myself bro, discord?
>>
>>81458432
Like I can send you my linkedin or whatever thru discord or whatever, I'm just weary about posting it here.
>>
>>81458432
>>81458517
sure thing, let's do 3 layers lol

https://notepad.pw/share/cjltab26v
>>
>>81458527
>https://notepad.pw/share/cjltab26v
it says that youre not accepting friends, give me a second to post mine
>>
>>81458527
https://notepad.pw/42b2ff9q
>>
>>81458567
sorry i just changed it, you could try again
>>
>>81457971
>(gauss-seidel, newton rhapson, various interpolation methods, runge kuta, etc)
alglib already implements all of this in a programming language agnostic way
>>
>>81458972
I know, the point is not to do something original, not in the slightest
>>
>>81457971
Saturated as fuck. Try writing it in Rust
>>
>>81457971
jeez EE bro im jelly
>>
>>81458972
>>81459276
Think about it this way, when you first learned to program and you were tasked with writing a fizz buzz or whatever, did you write it because it was going to be an original, previously un-existing program?
>>
>>81459290
wtf is rust?

>>81459290
why?
>>
>>81459299
if you're programming for the sake of programming, maybe choose a project that doesnt involve reading and implementing hundreds of niche algorithms.
this kind of hobby project is for the hobby mathematician, not a hobby software developer.
>>
>>81460528
>this kind of hobby project is for the hobby mathematician, not a hobby software developer.
>>Recently graduated EE (with math double minor), looking for jobs related to signal processing.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.