[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
>>81456025
I come to /g/ to hang out. I am a mattial artist and a calisthenics expert.
>that tummy
>those legs
>those forearms
Why would you only work out one muscle area, mad props on getting as far as he did with biceps and upper torso strength but he should really do some core and some legs at the very least.
Maybe it is genetic , I hope I am not being a dick.
>>
>>81456025
Miserable, wish I learned a trade.
>>
File: 1610404184479.jpg (64 KB, 750x562)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Yeah,
My back wont need surgery because it gave out at 40 like my brothers who works as a car mechanic.
I wont have to use a special spoon to eat because a lathe chewed up my fingers like my dad.
I make more money then both of them put together in their prime, in a warm safe office environment. And if something on on my body does gives out I can get a low effort system administrator or teaching job and retire.
>>
>>81456118
>My back wont need surgery because it gave out at 40 like my brothers who works as a car mechanic.
This. My brother also wants to leave the trades because of this.
>>
>>81456025
I was doing bodybuilding until I realized it was a manlet cope and since I was over 6', I didn't need to compensate
>>
>>81456094
i think that's the aesthetic he's going for. to look like a fucking saints row character.

and either way infintely better than the redditor on the right.
>>
File: 1613956452475.jpg (231 KB, 932x524)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>81456025
Meh, it let me work from home and make good money. Sure I would like a more active job, but good luck making the same amount of money for such low effort as in tech.
>>
File: 1615310947824.png (538 KB, 692x677)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
>>81456025
nope lmao.
>>
>>81456118
Maybe I should look into teaching as well.
Don't want to wind up as a school shooting viticm though.
>>
>>81456155
arnold is a manlet?
>>
>>81456264
Pack heat. Who's going to stop you from shooting some autist with a gun?
>>
>>81456118
>And if something on on my body does gives
Mostly likely your brain as you age and become worthless for coding so you end up doing either managing or as a sysadmin.
>>
>>81456025
Yes, I like helping people
>>
>>81456305
Arnold became big through movies, not through bodybuilding.
If you are not somebody who monetizes his image (actor, rapper, youtuber, etc.) bodybuilding is a waste of time.
>>
>have decent part-time job doing IT at Uni.
>Small office structure, not a lot of red tape. Free to solve problems how I want.
>Laid off because covid
>Find braindead remote support work basically just resetting passwords, and telling people "it's a big, it'll be patched soon"
>Quit after a few months
>Find another job for "desktop support"
>Basically just swapping out computers when people complain they're slow. Network is super locked down, can't fix anything, there's 900 other departments and people just constantly pass tickets around from one to the other never actually fixing anything.
>Management has no idea how technology actually works and is just middle managers with no actual skills.
>All tech jobs in my area are basically the same thing

I just want to fix computers Bros. What do?
>>
>>81456149
I'm in the trades and thinking about tech too but I'm not sure if I want to be a code monkey. Sure would pay better though.
>>
>>81456388
*Bug. Fuck mobile posting
>>
>>81456025
I don't even have a job lmao
>>
I like the money and comfort it offers, but id much rather go back to a job that has me able to be outside and on my feet more.

If someone will pay me 6 figure to walk around outside, and only on days when the weather is nice, I'll take it.
>>
>>81456158
I could see that
> infintely better than the redditor on the right
without a doubt
>>
>WFH, with Pc, chair, monitors..
>I do pretty much nothing
>Just got an 80% raise
>Still want to blow my brains out
No
>>
>>81457086
Wfh. 90k us (111k CAD). I am low skilled and I do almost nothing all day. Many days I do absolutely nothing. Can't beat tech.

Most people on this board make more but I have no credentials and no worthwhile experience under my belt at all. If I got fired, I would be virtually unemployable.
>>
>>81457200
What do you do?
>>
>>81456025
No. Having to stay inside while it's nice and sunny is killing me.
>>
>>81456025
Wtf why does he have giant arms but the abdomen of a little girl
>>
File: 1599088749393.jpg (44 KB, 720x622)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>81457690
nigga are you for real, look closely
>>
>>81456158
Yeah I’m sure your average /g/ enthusiast would mog your average redditor
>>
>>81456025
Nope hate it. I've done several jobs and used to work contracts so I've hoped around probably like 20 different offices. The people are mostly obnoxious shit heads and there wasn't a single office where I wanted my contract extended. The worst part about it is I don't enjoy computers any more. Because I stare at a screen all day at work.

Best gig was learning networking (right out of school) because you got away from the office.
>>
Any work I do for a paycheck is going to suck, at least this sucks from the comfort of my own home for a decent salary
>>
>>81457753
u seem mad
>>
>>81456025
No
I work 12 to 15 hours a day and earn minimum wage.
God I hate my fucking country
>>
File: me irl.jpg (21 KB, 680x383)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>81456025
yeah, I am
>>
>>81457200
Are you me? I make less than you (70k CAD yearly), but I feel the same that I'm unskilled an unemployable after I get fired or laid off.

Fuck being a software developer at a bank...
>>
>>81457845
>The worst part about it is I don't enjoy computers any more. Because I stare at a screen all day at work.
Same. My desktop is collecting dust. 2k spent and probably equivalent to 100$ per minute of use...
>>
>>81457200
Kek similar
>>
>>81458077
That is a good thing though because we all waste a shit ton of our lives and internet addiction is a big problem
>>
>>81458060
>but I feel the same that I'm unskilled an unemployable after I get fired or laid off.
>Fuck being a software developer at a bank...

>experience: 5 years fortran, cobol, pl/1 or similar in the finance industry.

wym
>>
>>81458163
Nah, I mainly dealt with python, bash, sql, scala, and java. I never had to touch the ancient systems using cobol/sas/whatever the fuck that nobody really knows how they work.
>>
>>81456094
>I am a martial artist and calisthenics expert
That sounds like a weird type to be on /g/ but alright.
I'm a machinist, so while I do work with technology, it's not so much computers, like I do everything except CNC. I'd say about half of my work is doing math and that would be more so if I decided to do CNC work as well. Trig, geometry, fractions to/from decimals, rarely some calc, etc. and making sure the machines and everything are looking good and ready to be actually used since safety and proper maintenance are really important.

there's security cam footage that gets posted on /b/ a lot of a guy getting turned to juice by some kind of machine, didn't get a good look at it, but that's what can happen if you think machining is an easy job so you show up drunk and ignore every single safety protocol. best case, you lose a finger or your hand. worst case, you become juice and damage a very expensive machine, which I will pay for with your life insurance as penance.
>>
>>81456388
all the IT jobs in my area are for working at military bases. they either demand you have 5-10+ years in IT + 3 years of experience with some other random shit, and you likely wont get called back if you havent already been in the military.
i just wanted a nice, easy networking job, but i didnt realize how little of those jobs are available in my area until i got near time to graduate. completely my fault in hindsight, but oh well. guess ill find some 20-30k a year job locally
>>
>>81456363
fatty cope
>>
>>81456025
yes
>>
>>81458137
I know but I still browse 4channel for hours on my laptop or phone kek
>>
>>81456025
Yes
I get assigned work for 2 weeks but finish in the first 3 days of the sprint and then spend my time smoking weed and working on my text-based rpg.

Sometimes it feels like cheating because I get paid a lot in my country, and since covid I've got two salary raise, I'm even building a second floor in my house.
>>
>>81456396
How did you get into the trades? I just had a company straight up tell me that they wouldn't accept me because I was too young and would jack their insurance up.
>>
>>81456025
Left's arms look weird as fuck. I'm calling photoshop and/or synthol. His lips also look inflated but it's hard to tell from this angle.
>>
File: 1599770098994.jpg (40 KB, 500x500)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
While in work: no but the salary lets me and my partner have a decent life.
>>

Network engineer for a fortune 50 company

Feels good on some days. Some days are hell. Getting burnt out at times. Maybe i might call it quits and just do the van life or travel for a year internationally.
>>
Work in finance, want to kill myself.
>>
No. I quit as soon as I had enough to retire.
>>
>>81456094
Are you actually retarded or blind? It’s a shoop
>>
>>81456363
What a bunch of bullshit. I’m 6’8 and lifting change my life. Granted, I can’t leave ottermode without roids but that’s ok. Strength and mental health benefits are what makes it worth it
>>
>>81457200
Same my friend.
>>
>>81463534
>6’8
You have the potential to leave humanity behind. Don't throw it away. Please consider roids. If you do your research and do it properly they can be very safe.
>>
My heart is already going crazy I don’t think I should put any more stress on it. But it is tempting indeed
>>
>>81463858
Meant for
>>81463599
>>
>>81463858
In that case it's indeed wise to be careful. Best of luck.
>>
>>81456025
I think of suicide on a daily basis
>>
>>81456094
>I am a mattial artist and a calisthenics expert.
I just got into muay thai, and implemented my own calisthenics routine.
I used to look through /g/, but nowadays they don't have much to offer. Only found this thread on popular.
Ironically I'm not a really a tech savvy person, tho i am interested on getting good in BSD.
I'm still debating wether taking the bottom up approach to programming is worth it
>>
>>81456025
Pros
>work from home
>pay is great
>normies think you're smart
Cons
>things go from mind numbing boredom to crazy busy pretty quick
>need to deal with boomer clients

Yes

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.