[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1847276437.jpg (27 KB, 554x554)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Part I:
>Read and do the exercises of SICP
>Read Think Python and learn Python
>Install Debian and learn the basics of Linux
Part II:
>Read the C Programming Language book and learn C
>Learn more about how Linux works
>Learn hacking
>Learn assembly
Part III:
>Learn Haskell
>Install Gentoo
>Master Linux
>Master hacking
>Hack a big companion, earn millions and live a comfy life without worries

What do you think? I accept book suggestions on the points where I haven't cited any. Also, am I missing something that I should definitely learn as well?
>>
0/10 replace C with Rust
>>
Part II and III are retarded.
Just do Part I and then look into things that actually are of interest to you. Additionally, go to university.
And please don't start another shitty discussion about which programming language is the best to learn first, pretty much any significant imperative language is fine.
>>
are you 12
why are you falling for faggot memes
go do something productive
___ in all fields
>>
>>81450519
why? what do you want to do? what are your goals? get employed? None of what you listed will make you employable, desu.

If you don't have a clear goal you won't do half of this shit. People like you come and go with these long lists asking for recommendations and it goes nowhere.
>>
>>81450562
Why are they retarded? I feel like right now the only way for me to have money in this life is by using the hacking skills I'll learn eventually.
>>
>>81450575
My goal is right there dude
>Hack a big company, earn millions and live a comfy life without worries
>>
>>81450592
>>81450584
>>
>>81450642
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>81450519
Learn C before Python. Doing it the other way around will make you a worse C programmer and a worse Python programmer.
>>
>>81450584
>I feel like right now the only way for me to have money in this life is by using the hacking skills I'll learn eventually
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about and without any knowledge you cannot plan properly ahead. You have absolutely no grasp how "hacking" works and how people in the field earn money.
Learn your basics. This here is equivalent to some dude who doesn't even know how an atom is structured having a "plan" to settle mars because "it's the only way to survive in the future". You're one of many uneducated baboons who are so absolutely ignorant and unaware of their lack of knowledge and understanding that throw around buzzwords and make grandiose plans that are completely detached from reality.

You asked what we think. It should be pretty clear by now. Your goal is a pipedream, your plan is shit and you have no proper motivation as well as no basic knowledge in this field. Your chances of success in this field are slim, and if you aren't willing to listen to other people then there's probably no hope for you.
>>
>>81450721
This

It seems that u would want to learn C and Unix programming
>>
>>81450519
this post sucks why did you think this was funny
>>
>>81450730
It's you who has no clue about me dude. I am 30, again, I'M FUCKING 30 YEARS OLD and I'm still living with my mom, I do nothing all day, I have no academic degree, fucking nothing, if I go out hunting for jobs all I'll get is wageslaving in some shitty office doing absolutely retarded work all day. I have nothing anymore, the only thing left for me is to dive deep into computer science and hacking and try my luck at hacking a big company.
>>
>>81450783
you probably have better luck robbing a bank
>>
>>81450783
>I have nothing anymore, the only thing left for me is to dive deep into computer science and hacking and try my luck at hacking a big company.
Playing the lottery would be more worthwhile in your case.
Or >>81450813
>>
>>81450813
>>81450816
Definitely not, robbing a bank could put my life at risk. Hacking only requires knowledge and practice.
>>
>>81450783
If this is true, then I say go for it. I have a coworker who got a late start in CS and he's doing fine
>>
>>81450849
I will, not because I love it, but because I see this as my only path right now. I can't wageslave otherwise I'd kill myself and I can't go to college because I'm already 30. It's all or nothing on this computer thing now. I'll start studying it tomorrow.
>>
>>81450846
>Hacking only requires knowledge and practice.
Sure thing kiddo. Don't forget to add the power of friendship to increase your hacking skills. And always loudly exclaim "I'm in" once you've gained access.
Surely no one ever went to prison or had their life ruined by hacking something...

>>81450849
Don't encourage the poor lad, you'll only make it worse.
>>
>>81450927
Retard.
>>
>>81450981
Oh my. Such a bad word.
>>
>>81451003
You don't even hack.
>>
File: 1616566498949.jpg (14 KB, 196x167)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
in the time you made this thread and spent replying to people calling you a retard

you could've learned c
>>
>>81450519
>Read and do the exercises of SICP
>Master hacking
it's like that "how to draw an eye" meme all over again
>>
>>81450519
Installing Gentoo should be part 1.
Part 0 is getting the IBM Thinkpad to do it on.
>>
>>81450519
>big companion
uuuu
>>
>>81450519
Fuck off we're full
>>
>>81451265
>IBM
>The company behind helping governaments spy on its people
Yikes no thanks.
>>
File: 1619630735118.jpg (202 KB, 1200x1223)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>81450783
Just keep watching anime, retard
>>
>>81450519
0/10
1. install Kubuntu 21.04
2. use it to do things you find useful, especially do some bash scripting
3. learn c/c++ or python
also forget about hacking, it's a meme for imbeciles
>>
>>81450546
-10/10
Rust will be replaced with another 'best language ever' in a few years and imbeciles will switch to advocate it
meanwhile C is well and alive for 50 years now
>>
>>81450564
fppp, or something
>>
>>81450519
Install Debian first
Don't bother with gentoo or Haskell
Both kinds of hacking will come to you as you learn
Also you missed: OOP, SQL (relational algebra data modeling etc.), network programming
>>
>>81450519
Don't bother reading multiple beginner programming books
Its a waste of time
>>
>>81450721
Retard.
>>
>>81450783
kys faggot, your post sucks and you are not funny.
>>
>>81450519
This is all fine and good except for the "install Gentoo" part.

It's just a /g/ meme, you're not supposed to take it seriously. It's a massive waste of time for no real gain.
Literally everything you can learn with it, you can do just as well with a simpler distribution such as Debian.
>>
File: i_agree1.png (713 KB, 1277x721)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
>>
this post is so sad
>>
>>81450519
Part 1:
>write some programs
>fix the bugs
That's literally it
>>
>>81452735
Shut up
>>
i want to believe gpt-3 was fed soley /g/ posts and this was the outcome of that
>>
>>81450519
If your main goal is to learn programming, I suggest this. It should be way more efficient. In this order:

>Install Debian, learn Linux basics
>Briefly skim Learn Python the Hard Way, do 2 or 3 exercises
>Research possible programming projects
>Come up with an idea for a project
>Complete that project, and during the process of it, learn what you need as you go in a "just-in-time" way

You'll advance 5 - 10x faster that way. Come back to SICP once you have at least 2 projects under your belt. Trust me.
>>
>>81454226
He's right, you know
>>
>>81455164
That sounds like a decent plan. Too bad OPs delusions probably won't allow for anything reasonable and down to earth.
>>
ok, but... why?
I doubt you actually like "technology" (whatever your understanding of it is), because if you did, you wouldn't actually need a plan. You would naturally pursue what interests you.
I think you got memed that's it's a way for a safe and easy life. It's not in both cases. It's not safe because you are willing to bet more on a one card than even an addict gambler would, and it's not easy because engineering isn't for someone who wants to get over with just his 40h work week and have no responsibilities. Also, its for problem solvers, which means you will be facing problems you don't know how to solve ALL the time, and a vast majority of people imo doesn't enjoy that. It's very tasking position for you mental health and in some cases it's completely unacceptable for you.
It CAN be good money but it doesn't have to be a good investment.
Job market is unpredictable and it always has been. Now it's super hot to be in graphic design, which was an absurd career 10 years ago. You don't know if all of your effort will be in vain in 5 years or so. If you're looking for a career, then don't bother with the job marker, just look for something that you enjoy doing the most and what makes you happy. If you don't have something like that, then explore and try new things. If that still doesn't give you what you are looking for, then get into something that's fairly easy to get into, doesn't require a major life investment on your part does not require you to slave away your life. Money doesn't have to be a priority.
>>
File: 1619311440966.png (104 KB, 269x283)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>hacking
yeah just learn hacking bro!
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: computerscience7easysteps.png (178 KB, 1068x1142)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
Shitty and stupid people that have already walked the path have already written about this. You will have a bunch of gaps in your knowledge. There are already guides on /sci/ wiki. Look up Teach Yourself Computer Science, when you get to Operating Systems read the Loginataka.
>>
>>81455604
>7iv
this kills the /g/tard
>>
>>81450519
just write software. simple.
>>
>>81455164
What about hacking?
>>
File: 1620040762870.jpg (216 KB, 1184x1313)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>81450519
unless you're the accountant type of person, scrap all that. Think of a simple project you want to make, might be even a game and learn this way. I've ""learned"" whole languages from books and courses, only to have to learn them from scratch on the job / during a project.
>>
>>81451196
hackers never start from the software aspect of things, if you weren't breaking into random places and stealing shit for the thrill as a kid you probably don't have the mindset to be a hacker.

The real way to make money from hacking is from being a security consultant after you get out of prison.
>>
honestly, op, you should rather seek therapy
>>
>>81450783
hacking a big company isn't all that nice as it sounds and even if you'll succeed eventually the glowies will track you down and then you'll enjoy the rest of your days in prison. at least wageslave part time to have some money to invest in yourself.
>>
>>81457033
My doctor told me the same unnironically, but I don't want it. I started taking some pills called L-Theanine though, google it, looks like it's really good for anxiety and concentration.
>>
File: lixo.jpg (15 KB, 552x310)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>81450519
>learn hacking
>master hacking

my sides
>>
File: hacker.jpg (27 KB, 398x297)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>81456529
>WhAt AbOuT hAcKiNg
>>
>>81457198
>L-Theanine
That shit is literally just an ingredient of tea. It's decent to counteract the side effects of caffeine but that's about it. It can't replace therapy...
>>
>>81457218
Vai tomar no seu cu.
>>
>>81457355
I don't wanna leave my house every week to meet a doctor (probably a female) and talk to them about my problems. Besides, the L-Theanine in tea is only 1% of the recommended dosages
>>
>>81457423
Just do it, it's probably better for your own good. Along with that, you need to stop being delusional and do more research before you make plans by slapping together a bunch of /g/ buzzwords.
>>
>>81450519
>IM GONNA BE A SUPA HACKA MOM WOW
you have to be at least 18 to post.
also, you really don't know what hacking is, do you? it's more about finding flaws in people than software, which isn't really hacking, it's just tricking idiots that should've known better.
all the famous old-school hackers didn't really have a hard time because security really wasn't as big of a concern as it is today, but some kept with the times and learned penetration testing, which they do to help companies be even more resistant to glorified script kiddies.
>>
>>81457423
>I don't wanna leave my house every week to meet a doctor
Guess what things often aren't easy yet they are necessary if you want a better life. Also if leaving your house once a week seems like a problem to you you should seriously consider therapy. Trust me on this one.
>probably a female
That sounds like you have a serious problem with women. One reason more for you to go to therapy.
>Besides, the L-Theanine in tea is only 1% of the recommended dosages
Stop clinging to some miracle tea ingredient, even the third reichs "Wunderwaffen" were more down to earth than your delusions.
>>
>>81457406
Você é o OP?
>>81450519
You could get money with ""hacking"" more specifically making cheats for popular games, lots of kiddies and even adults waste their money on it, but it will take like 4 years minimum for you to start putting out decent stuff, and also it's probably going to die out since anti-cheats are getting more invasive and there's also the danger of cloud gaming or VM games, not to mention that you will have to keep updating it constantly to bypass the new patches and to not lose trust from your clientele.

It's basically just as much work as working for a company as a developer only difference is that you will earn based on how popular your stuff is, for example, iirc GTA 5 cheats go for like 50$, if you get only a thousand mfs to buy it you will get 50k already.

Now hacking as in movie hacking with lot's different screens, dark room, loud keyboard and taking money from a company I'd say to just forget it, if even with game cheats you could get caught and go to prison depending where you live do you actually think you could hack a fucking company's money or valuable information and not get caught? That will simply not happen.
>>
>>81450519
You are spending too much time on this forum, you can just do CS50, check for the open job positions in your area, and focus in the subjects they require to employ you, it makes no sense learning that much and still not being able to find a job
>>
>>81450519
>>Install Debian and learn the basics of Linux
you already fucked up if that wasn't the first step
>>Learn hacking
?????
>>Learn Haskell
>>Install Gentoo
Allright YNGMI.
You think some frameworks and tools other people made are worth shit? You are consumer retard
>>
>>81450642
this is what OP looks like
>>
>>81450519
Part 0: read up gtd
>>
>>81458298
Cybersecurity in our country is a joke bro, if people here can get away with murderer, just imagine with hacking...
>>
>>81458820
What's gtd?
>>
>>81450783
Go back to being exited about the new Star Wars, that's the most productive thing you'll ever accomplish
>>
>>81458950
Porra OP to dando o conselho na moralzinha e tu não quer escutar, larga de mão de querer ser h4x0r.

Even if that is actually true you are not going to just hack a company and get away with it easily, and you are not going to make bank out it, and lastly you would need to be good enough to actually pull it off which at your 30s without any background will be hard to catch up, the few people that get away with hacking have been messing around with computers and programming since they were 10-16 and also they spent like 10 hours a day doing it for years being NEETs.

E tu fica assistindo vídeo desses maluquin no yt tipo o tal do Gabriel Pato né? O cara começou desde os 10 anos e fez coisa pra caralho e mesmo assim hoje em dia ele tem que ficar fazendo vídeo de como hackear porra de BBB e Fazenda pra ganhar traquejo.

Primeiro ve se tu realmente gosta de programar, vai la fazer o CS50 ou similar, se gostar então continua aprendendo e vira um desenvolvedor normal, você já sabe inglês e ainda fica andando pelo chan, então tu pode pegar conselho dos anões e de outras pessoas e virar um desenvolvedor decente e pode trabalhar remoto ou se mudar pra fora e ganhar em dólar ou euro, com isso tu já vai ganhar o bastante pra ficar de boa e ainda não vai ser preso e não vai perder tempo além de ser um plano realmente alcançável.
>>
>>81458963
Global tescriptor dable.
>>
>>81450519
OP I'm not going to lie every part of this plan is retarded
>>
>>81450783
you're not going to hack shit lmao, you need a team. and that team needs to have years of experience. and even then the damage they manage to do nowadays is utterly minimal
>>
>>81450783
>>81459465
and also if you manage to make (in the one in a millionth chance) even 1 dollar from hacking, the feds will be on your ass. you could be a security consultant after you get out of prison but you'll realize that no company wants to hire a 44 year old white neet with no degree anyway
>>
>>81459465
>the damage they manage to do nowadays is utterly minimal
Not true, one single guy hacked into NASA once. Snowden hacked through all of the NSA alone. That Signal dev recently hacked a police app as well. Daru hacked the fucking SERN.
>>81459305
What is CS50? Ok, sendo honesto eu não quero hackear uma empresa ou algo grande, eu só queria hackear o servidor da minha faculdade e mudar minhas notas lá, quão difícil você acha que é fazer isso?
>>
>>81459617
>lists a bunch of names of people who have been learning about computers and cybersecurity since they were young
they have a lot more experience than what it is possible for you to get in a short period of time
>CS50
CS50 is a simple beginners programming course that teaches the basics of C and some python too
>whatever tthis last part is
im pretty confused, what about the earlier stuff about being some 30 year old neet or whatever? finding vulnerabilities in your school is going to be simple if you know the basics of hacking. depending on how the school system is structured, you may or may not be able to change your grades and if you do, someone probably would notice. you're still being a cringy "master hacker" type of person and it is pretty unreasonable if you have zero pentesting or social engineering experience.
>>
>>81459801
>someone probably would notice.
How would they notice? There are thousands of students...
>>
>>81459898
i have no idea why i wrote that i was just spitting out whatever came to mind. if you increase a large number of student's grades at the same time it probably would trigger something
>>
>>81459617
Se mata, macaco.
>>
>>81459617
>eu só queria hackear o servidor da minha faculdade e mudar minhas notas lá
>quão difícil você acha que é fazer isso?
Não faço ideia, sempre tem a piada de hackear as notas escolares ou da faculdade mas até agora nunca conheci alguém que realmente hackeou a escola/facul.

Mas tenho uma questão importante, o que você estuda? Se for em IT então pra que hackear as suas notas? O certo era você querer realmente estudar o assunto, e além disso hackear notas só vai te dar mais dor de cabeça, vamos lá que tu é contratado com altas expectativas por causa das notas mas você é um analfabeto funcional no emprego por não ter de fato aprendido a matéria, e ai, vai fazer o que agora? Vai hackear a mente do seu chefe?

OP simplesmente estude algo que você goste do processo de estudar, o processo de receber informação, colocar em prática, falhar, revisar, arrumar e melhorar pq é isso que tu vai fazer por 8-16 horas por dia com qualquer tipo de habilidade que tu queira, por isso recomendo ir logo e procurar o CS50 no google e fazer. O mais importante é você fazer algo que gosta do processo de estudar e não o quanto vai ganhar, se você fazer algo que não gosta 8 horas por dia em 5 anos tu vai querer se matar de vez ou vai se arrepender profundamente pro resto da sua vida.
>>
>>81450519
>Weebfaggot
You will never be literate at anything and you will be a miserable failure at anything you attempt.
>>
>>81459898
>How would they notice?
your fucking teacher that gives you the grades would notice
this happened twice through my education, when teachers still had papar records, one time in elementary school and one time in high school. Someone added grades for the whole class and the teacher noticed instantly.
teachers aren't as mindless as you think they are, they know what they give grades for and know each of their students. So if extra grades appeared, or a student started doing better than he/she did it would easily come out. Even if you altered your grades just slightly, the teacher might notice something is sus as he wouldn't remember giving those exact grades. He then could compare them with the actual exams and you're busted.
>>
>>81450783
Just go for it, dude. I'm in the same boat but I'm 24. My plans aren't quite as grandiose as yours but there's literally nothing stopping you from learning at least enough to be self employed eventually. If you seriously want to do some illegal shit then make sure you know what you're doing first. Check out CS50 for an intro.
>>
>>81450783
>posting this online for everyone to see
You fucked up before you even started.
>>
>>81461150
How about you rise the grades of the first or second student in your class in order to have a better ranking ?
>>
Fuck getting a job with programming, i just love computers and machines. I like SICP even if its difficult because is relly fun. if yo dont enjoy it dont do anything of your path.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.