[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How often do you regret studying Computer Science and working something related to it right now?
>>
>>81049447
Why would you regret something that's probably the most sought after in terms of job security these days
>>
>>81049456
Cuz you are staring at a screen and sitting on a chair for 8 hours + a day.
>>
File: 1617872575163.jpg (82 KB, 720x540)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>Worked hard throughout degree
>Worked hard to get a well paying job
>Currently have well paying job but I'm expected to work stupid long hours
What was it all for bros, now I just want an easy as fuck job that I don't need to think about after 8 hours.
>>
>>81049464
first world problems man, what the hell do you want to do then? what are your favorite careers that don't involve sitting somewhere and doing some productive?
>>
>>81049487
Vegan influencer
>>
>>81049447
I fell for the STEM meme, quit, went back to college and studied philosophy then got a job in a small library. Only white people and kids come here. I love my job.
>>
>>81049482
Funny thing is you count by the hour you probably make equal money to those under you.
>>
File: 8.jpg (101 KB, 720x720)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
never
I do one(1) hour of actual work everyday, play videogames for the other 7 and make more money than anyone I know
>>
I wish I never touched computers.
>>
>>81050533
Really?
>>
>>81049447
never
I wanted to work in CS since I was around 5yo and it never changed, I literally can't imagine doing anything else
>>
Every day.

>bachelors in CS
>Masters in cybersec

Wish I became a plumber, economy tard, or something else.
>>
>>81050533
me too, IT will destroy us before this century ends
>>
>>81049464
Anything involving designing and prototyping electromechanical systems, being involved in Software, Electronics, and Hardware Development in a small tight knit team.
Anything Corporate saps the soul out of you.
>>
>>81049447
Felt like this while I was working for evilcorp. Once I realized I was trapped cause of the huge salary it got even worse and I felt like my career wasn't progressing at all (writing java if statements all day). Quit and took paycut for more interesting job in zoomer tech. Don't have any real attachment to it now and feel like I can quit at any moment to find another job
>>
>>81049447
jokes on you. never studied CS
>>
>>81049447
When i was younger, everything i learned got me hyped on the possibilities and speed and stuff i can do.
Now everything i learn makes me happy on how it makes my code shorter and easier to write.
>>
>being a computer slave
>teaching machines to do stuff by spending +100 hours every week so that they make your life "easier"
It's a dead end job but nerd basedboys with no friends like me would enjoy it. Literally one of the most boring jobs while wallstreet douches snort cokes and fuck whores in clubs

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.