[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: 2345746351658.png (128 KB, 500x335)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
Learn the facts - defend papa Smurf

>Stallman Defended Epstein
No. That lie was repeated by dozens of headlines and in social media. It was plain defamation. In fact, the opposite is true. Stallman wished for a longer sentence for Epstein, called the non prosecution agreement illegal. And again, true to his fixation with language, he criticized the law that called Epstein a “sex offender” as too weak to describe the magnitude of his crimes, proposing “serial rapist” as a more accurate term.
>Richard Stallman defended sexual assault
No. He argued that “sexual assault” was the wrong term. Interestingly, feminist lawyer Nadine Strossen agrees.
>Stallman said that Epstein's victims were “entirely willing”
No. Again, this lie was spread all over the Internet by headlines and social media. Stallman never said that. On the contrary, he said that Epstein's victims were being coerced.

You can find evidence, sources and much more here ~> https://stallmansupport.org/
If you have written letters expressing support for Richard Stallman and would like us to publish them, we'll be glad to do so. Contact: https://stallmansupport.org/about.html#contact

sign the letter ~> https://rms-support-letter.github.io/
>>
So the brave shills now are Pedo Shills?
>>
>>81048927
Stallman wrote:
>Labor Secretary Acosta's plea deal for Jeffrey Epstein was not only extremely lenient, it was so lenient that it was illegal. I wonder whether this makes it possible to resentence him (Epstein) to a longer prison term. By contrast, calling him a “sex offender” tends to minimize his crimes, [...] I think the right term for a person such as Epstein is “serial rapist”.
RMS calls for a longer sentence for Epstein and calls him a "serial rapist". Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20190508133150/https://stallman.org/archives/2019-jan-apr.html#25_April_2019_(Plea_deal_for_Epstein)
Show me your evidence or btfo.
>>
>>81048927
>t. I can't read
>>
>>81048916
Epstein did nothing wrong.
>>
Is there something significant he has done in the last 5 to 10 years?
>>
>>81049667
>Richard Stallman hasn't done anything significant in 10 years
>let's remove RMS and the entire board of FSF
What the fuck are you even saying?
Now, let me answer your question, even though it's completely irrelevant. RMS has created countless tools that are used to this day. When developers get older (like RMS or Torvalds) they stop actively coding. They tend to audit code and guide their communities. RMS is almost 70-years-old and he is very active. He's constantly advocating, writing articles, guiding the FOSS community, exposing idiots and auditing code. That's more than most people his age do. Does that answer your irrelevant question?
>>
>>81048916
i... am... kekistan...
GET THE FUCK OUT. NO ONE CARES ABOUT RMS NOW.
>>
>>81048916
>RMS Open Letter (anti-RMS)
3,012 signatures
>RMS Support Letter (pro-RMS)
6,033 signatures

The RMS Support Letter has over TWICE as many signatures as the anti-RMS letter.
>>
>>81049715
are you autistic? when did I say "let's remove RMS and the entire board of FSF"? I asked a normal question.
>>
>>81049759
>The RMS Support Letter has over TWICE as many signatures as the anti-RMS letter.
many of them look like bots, just look at the russian names.
>>
>>81048916
I honestly don't get the media. All of this shit is easy as fuck to verify, so why keep lying? All this does is help me to identify "journalists" who I can ignore. There's plenty of stuff to use if you want to cancel Stallman, so why keep lying about what he said about Epstein?
>>
>>81049760
You imply that you're against RMS. Have you been living under a rock? There's a mob calling for the removal of RMS and the FSF board (all of it). Asking that question implies that you support the adversaries. If you don't support the anti-RMS crowd, that's fine. I still answered your questioned though. I apologize for assuming bad intent.
>>
>>81049770
>russia = bots
the absolute state
>>
File: 1613649224060.gif (403 KB, 500x372)
403 KB
403 KB GIF
>>81049770
nice cope. all are bots, okay
>>
>>81049796
>why are they lying
clicks = money
>journalists
Nope, journalism is over and doesn't pay anymore. They are reporters and commentators. A child can do what they do and often they are.
>who are they?
Good question. No one really asks who those accusers are. Nameless people shooting from the dark and shitposting from safety of their home without consequence.
>>
>>81049770
Ктo, я бoт? A мoжeт быть ты бoт, MMMM? Aлё, нe cлышy.
>>
>>81048916
All I know is he's a Jew so...
>>
>>81048927
You'll take social media witch hunt claims at face value no problem though eh you fucking mind prostitute.
>>
>>81049770
I am a Russian who grew up in America. I signed with my real name and can assure you I am not a bot.
>>
>>81049839
Кaк Poccия, Cepгeй?
>>
>>81049770
Nationalistic corpo-tranny? Intersting folks you intersectionalists
>>
>>81048916
>the guy who killed FOS for his stupid ego
Kinda sad but not surprising.
>>81049759
Quality not quantity. Nobody gives a shit about random fucks who don't contribute.
>>81049796
Outside of a stupid headline nobody does suggest he defended Epstein. He did defend his rapist buddy Minsky though; but even that is just a drop in a history of harassment and bullshit that is suboptimal in his position.

Do niggas really not realize that it's a bad look when THE face of free software needs ages to see that "yeah, maybe kids can't consent to getting fucked after all"?
>>
>>81050128
>Quality not quantity.
The only notable signatures on the open letter are virtue signalling corporations
>>
>>81050128
>Quality not quantity. Nobody gives a shit about random fucks who don't contribute.
Exactly, that's why nobody gives a shit about the literal whos who write no code who started the anti-RMS letter.
>>
>>81050166
Who are the ones that keep the shit somewhat relevant in the first place. But hey, you'll see yourself in a year when FSF disappears because people wanted to meme around.

If RMS was a bit less autistic, one could've suspect it being a false flag to kill free software.
>>
>>81050128
>Quality not quantity
Lmao, SEETHING SJW can't stand the fact that his pathetic anti-RMS letter has been completely DEMOLISHED by the pro-RMS letter
>>
>>81050206
>Who are the ones that keep the shit somewhat relevant in the first place.
Redhat? Gnome? Mozilla? The vast majority of those corporations do exactly two things:
1. Political posturing
2. Developing some shitty piece of software that nobody actually needs, and pushing it with various degrees of success
I think there might be at most one or two actually useful organisations in those signatures - if even that, I'm too lazy to check.

Yes, they're big corporations, and they get all the corporate cock too (as in the virtue signalling donations from microsoft and intel and shit), that doesn't mean they're in any way relevant to the actual quality of the linux ecosystem for the everyday user.
>>
File: 12345786537.png (349 KB, 1920x1080)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>81050128
>quality
literally people who hate free and open software
>>
>>81050128
>Do niggas really not realize that it's a bad look when THE face of free software needs ages to see that "yeah, maybe kids can't consent to getting fucked after all"?
You're obviously trolling, or you are extremely brainwashed. Provide sources and proof and context or btfo.
>>
>>81050312
If you don't know his views of pedophilia and how they changed only recently, why are you even participating in the conversation? Do you even know who RMS is besides the funny meme on 4chains?
>>
>>81050326
bla bla bla. Sources, evidence or btfo.
Why are we even having this conversation though?
>rms bad
>he makes SWJ hate the FSF so we must remove him
You are the kind of person that rants on twitter and thinks their making a positive change. Yes, I disagree with RMS. Yes, I support him fully. No, I don't support an angry mob that lies and destroys. It's possible.
>>
>>81049770
Kys
>>
reminder that this was launched recently https://youtu.be/cQ72ybnK3CI
it's a cool little animated movie by the FSF
>>
>>81050128
Kys the ppl speaking out against stallman are anti FOSS
>>
>>81050392
>FSF
literally the only big name that fights for right-to-repair. the rest are busy fighting for gender-neutral git repos
>>
File: 1590449941129s.jpg (3 KB, 125x118)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>81048916
>Learn the facts
um sweaty, we are in the post-facts era
>>
File: 1614939525649.png (13 KB, 418x359)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>81050468
>>
>>81050355
It's not my job to do your research about something basically anyone knows about RMS when you have the need to jump into a discussion beyond your knowledge. Seeing you can't argue in good faith and sperg out about muh twitter, your excuses for his bullshit are transparent too.
>b-but he meant voluntary pedophilia!
>b-but he changed his mind!
>b-but what's wrong with fucking kids anyway?
Pick all three, keep sucking his dick but don't be surprised if idiots like him and you are the reason for FSF disappearing soon.
>>
File: 1617398662866.jpg (560 KB, 1280x1280)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>81050515
not the last anon:
I don't think RMS's opinions will make the FSF disappear unless people stop donating which I don't see happening either.
>>
>>81050589
It's not like his views are in a vacuum. Seeing the backlash from the big donors, that exactly looks like what's going to happen.

Shit, even if we assume a miracle happens and it won't kill them; what the fuck was the point to risk his life's work for this ego trip after the first resignation? Where is the positive effect of him going back to the board? Not being directly associated with FSF anymore was better for everyone involved.
>>
File: 1612500401116.jpg (75 KB, 533x751)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>81050515
your "quotations" are things that I've never said or implied. I never said that RMS changed his mind, because I don't care. I literally said that I disagree with RMS.
>Seeing you can't argue in good faith
You post three "quotes" that are irrelevant to everything I said, and then you blame me for arguing in bad faith..? I said that I disagree with RMS's ideas, and I also said that I support him fully. It's possible to support someone and disagree with some of his ideas at the same time. You should try it.
Whatever dude, you obviously have an agenda that you don't want to share. That's okay. But don't pretend you want to remove RMS and the entire FSF board just because RMS made some edgy comments. While we're arguing for muh political correctness, we completely ignore the right-to-repair campaign, the politicaliazation of our communities, the decline of our FOSS products, the transformation of GNU/Linux into an amorphous blob, etc. I'm sure you supported the intrusion of Amazon into Ubuntu, and the selling of your data to Jeff Bezos. Good job.
>>
RMS was right about voluntary pedophilia

He only changed his story under pressure

You have a right to a cute loli wife
>>
>>81048927
YWNBAW
>>
>we
Stallman is autistic and has to go. Stop complaining
>>
>>81050747
If you throw away autism, you'll be left with no great devs. Nice ableism btw. Maybe you should cancel yourself.
>>
>>81050670
>I literally said that I disagree with RMS.
So why pretending that you don't know his views and needed me to post them for you?
>It's possible to support someone and disagree with some of his ideas at the same time.
And it's also possible to see when you should draw the line. Like when the support hurts a cause bigger than RMS. Is the idea of people in prominent position having responsibilities due the impact on the rest of the organization really that complex for you?
>you obviously have an agenda that you don't want to share.
Jesus fuck. Obviously, everyone not fitting into your own bubble is a shill or a glownigger working for big dick bill.
>But don't pretend you want to remove RMS and the entire FSF board just because RMS made some edgy comments
Right, there is nothing wrong with the FSF representative having cancerious views or the board being dumb enough to bring him back after one of his smartest decisions. There was zero chance this could've distract from actually important things … wait, shit, this is exactly what happened. For no conceivable reason too when the matter was dead and buried before he had to force himself back into the spotlight with the obvious ramifications.
>>
File: 1614086808666.jpg (59 KB, 655x527)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>81050515
>>81050589
At the end of the day the only thing I find all that problematic is his thoughts on child consent. I personally can understand where he's coming from with him being a person with many liberal views like FOSS and as well his opinions on necrophilia where the body should at least have some use made out of it as long as there's an agreement on it.

as for child consent: yes...there are defiantly kids that can certainly handle themselves better than even most adults in many ways but the law giving giving exceptions can be tricky as I see it.

Point is even that can be taken and handled civilly. His opinions are his own and don't make him any worse at his job and certainly don't make him a bad person. It is worth a discussion with him but you don't need a battering ram to do that.
>>
File: 148875465684.png (61 KB, 300x305)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>81050784
>So why pretending that you don't know his views and needed me to post them for you?
Because context matters, and because you've probably never read the original text by RMS. For example, take the accusation that RMS thinks people with Down syndrome are animals. In context, that's not the case.
RMS wrote this:
>If you'd like to love and care for a pet that doesn't have normal human mental capacity, don't create a handicapped human being to be your pet. Get a dog or a parrot. It will appreciate your love, and it will never feel bad for being less capable than normal humans.
He never said people with Down syndrome are animals. He compared their mental capabilities to that of a pet, which is technically correct. It's like saying that human 3-year-olds have the mental capacity of dolphins. Does that mean that 3-year-olds are animals? No. That's just a small example of the lies of the anti-RMS crowd.
source: https://web.archive.org/web/20161107050933/https://stallman.org/archives/2016-jul-oct.html#31_October_2016_(Down's_syndrome)
>Like when the support hurts a cause bigger than RMS
The only people hurting FOSS are the mobsters. They demand the destruction of the FSF board, and the replacement of it with a new board that agrees politically with them. It has nothing to do with technical abilities, only politics. The people who call for the canceling of all FSF activities are the ones who hurt the FOSS community. Destroying FSF because of your Ego is the real issue here.
>>
>>81050792
His opinions on consent are not completely baseless, either.

We live in a society where sexuality is shoved down everyone's throat whether we like it or not. Sexy women and handsome men selling their products from billboards on every street.
Now you have an adolescent whose hormones are going haywire living in a world where everything is sexualized, but at the same time we tell them to wait a few years with the whole sex thing. To empower this decision legally, we take away their right to show interest in it and introduce questionable concepts like statutory rape.

Sure, it's better if adolescents explored sexuality with their peers than some old geezer, but I believe we could reduce cases of hebephilia and ephebophilia by simply legalizing them. Forbidden fruit effect is too strong to resist for many.
And, in case it's not clear, actual pedophilia should remain illegal. It's a fetish at best and a mental sickness at worst.
>>
>>81050792
Tbqh, his views about these two aren't even too bad. Just not reasoned well enough. The constant harassment with shit like pleasure cards is much worse.
But practically either is a no-go for someone in his position. You want a guy who attracts positive attention, not discussing his views on when it is okay to fuck children or not. After he resigned, he was in the perfect position to talk about all the subjects he cares about without bringing any heat to the organization.
>>81050857
And how does context change the fact that the guy who is supposed to put FSF in the best possible light and attract more contributors, discusses whether it's cool to abort kids with downs or not? Imagine Tim Apple or Bill would started talking about their views on bestiality.
>They demand the destruction of the FSF board
Or you know, replacing them by people with SOME competence not to create shitstorms with idiotic decisions.
>>
>>81050670
>>81050784
>>81050857

this >>81050792 anon again. I agree with you both that yes, stallman being brought back had risks and yes, that the mob is at most to blame for this ruckus. I think all we can do now is see how strongly donators will hold.

If not: then they probably will be forced to remove him to potentially save their asses. I would hate it to my very core but what's necessary is necessary.

but if they do hold strong then they don't need to worry about shit.
>>
>>81051044
I mean, if he wasn't brought back, the mob wouldn't have any cause for ruckus but overall a fair enough position.

I wonder why there was any need for the risk in the first place though. It's not like the reaction is surprising, so why gamble at all? In what scenario would bringing him back actually have benefits, when he could do his work as a free actor either way.
>>
>>81050992
All the things RMS has said are his personal opinions, posted in his personal blog or in private mailing lists. Do you want me to quote shit Bully de Blanc (or other anti-FSF individuals) has said over the years? I'm not interested in witch-hunting. You do it.
>replacing them by people with SOME competence
The FSF board is perfectly competent. Their only "problem" is their political and personal opinions. They don't share the same worldview as Bully de Blanc and the rest of the mob, so they have to go.

>attract more contributors
The fewer contributions from big proprietary companies we get, the better. We shouldn't be trying to turn our FOSS communities into the next Mozilla (sponsored entirely by Google, I wonder why...) or Canonical (sponsored heavily by Jeff Bezos, I wonder why...). Maybe we should look for "contributions" from Microsoft... Would that make you happy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish
>>
>>81049848
every time
>>
FSF without Stallman would be disastrous. I don't mean in the sense that if he were absent or dead that the movement would fail, but if he is denounced and his "spirit" removed it'll crumble. Stallman is stubborn, ideologically extremist and autistic but that's what makes him so great. Because of these weak willed troons, that we know are heavily influenced by big tech globohomo, the FSF will die and with it any hope of fighting back against them. Just like Occupy Wallstreet where the term "racism" in the media increased by god knows how much and the progressive stack was introduced to divide the movement, is also happening with FOSS but instead of bankers it's big tech
>>
>>81051117
>All the things RMS has said are his personal opinions, posted in his personal blog or in private mailing lists
Which will be still associated with him and in turn with the organization he represents. It's why people in these position try to be easier to swallow for the public unless their business model is outrage. Whether it's fair or not is another discussion of course.
>Bully de Blanc
Literally had to look up who that is. If her profile was bigger and the stuff she said would've create a similar reaction, kicking her of from a public function would make sense too.
> They don't share the same worldview as Bully de Blanc and the rest of the mob
Which happens to be quite big and consisting of huge contributors. Pissing these off for the keks doesn't suggest any competence.
>The fewer contributions from big proprietary companies we get, the better.
Well, if THAT is the goal ... mission accomplished.
>>
>>81051212
>RMS
>states his autistic opinions without realizing the impact he makes as a leader
>bad

>de Blanc
>actively uses her leader position to persecute another person
>tolerable
I refuse to believe you can double standard this hard.
>>
>>81050291
Jeez anyone gets 100k sub's now huh
>>
>>81051103
>I wonder why there was any need for the risk in the first place though.
Could have been a number of factors to it. like the internet not really being known for it's attention span. Who knows how safe it looked at the time.

I think they could've avoided or at least nullified the trouble by being more transparent about it like "hey we're planning on bringing him back. any thoughts"? In that time maybe the nut cases could've deflated a bit or at least they could prepare for the heat wave.
>>
File: 1588459322137.jpg (76 KB, 472x570)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>rms basically states that to call sex with a 17 year old "assault" and generally morally reprehensible is problematic since different countries have different views on the subject
>he does not mean the particular case, but in general
>gets shouted down
I hate mutts so much. They basically say that every other western country legalized rape and openly threaten everyone going against that with cancellation since they basically hold the net hostage.
>>
File: 1581925032948.jpg (38 KB, 512x512)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>81051212
Nobody cares about RMS's personal opinion, except SJWs. An RMS virtual-talk was recently canceled. That's because of the anti-RMS crowed. You are literally canceling beneficial talks that would otherwise promote FOSS... Good job, hypocrites.
>Well, if THAT is the goal ... mission accomplished.
You ignore 90% of my message? Thanks. You just gave me an excuse to end this idiotic, hypocritical conversation. Bye.

RMS is not sexist, not transphobic, not a bigot. Seethe.
>>
>>81051212
>Which will be still associated with him and in turn with the organization he represents. It's why people in these position try to be easier to swallow for the public unless their business model is outrage.
RMS's business model has been crippling autism for 40 years now. He proceeded to found the FSF and GNU, using this same business model.
Even the big corporations donating to the FSF didn't just suddenly jump on board last year when Stallman left. Stallman was part of it for its entire history, with his parrot-fucking, pedo-consent-defending, and everything else. This has been the face of the FSF.

There's no reason the FSF would suddenly be unable to survive the exact same way it had survived for decades before this - except maybe unless a targeted mob manages to kill it. But that's entirely the mob's fault, not Stallman's, not the FSF's.
>>
>>81051293
But it's not simply the internet but a subset of it, and the twitter crowd is almost as autistic as RMS himself. There was zero chance, there wouldn't be a backlash. Before we even add the boring ass news cycle in rona times.

Something as simple as "hey we're planning on bringing him back. any thoughts" would indeed soften the reaction too, and give the board an easy way out if things turned too hot. It's just so bizarre to go all balls in without lube.
>>81051357
Oh boy.
>>
Why did he even comment on Epstein?
>>
>>81048927
>implying they weren't before
>>
>>81051503
He comments on lots of things.
>>
>>81051503
Because he's a pedophile. The same way gun nuts jump on mass-shootings, anti-white racists jump on crime statistics, etc. - it's just an attempt to make themselves more acceptable.
>>
more than 6000 people signed the support letter
they closed the remove letter before it reached 3000 i think
>>
>>81051503
He comments on absolutely everything: https://www.stallman.org/archives/2021-jan-apr.html
And he has no filter because autism, so he doesn't consider what's "socially acceptable" to say. This lack of filter allowed him to uncompromisingly champion free software against all opposition, but this lack of filter is also what leads him to publish stories about how a parrot had sex with him and "it was pleasurable so he'd do it again if given the opportunity", or Epstein.
For that matter his comments about Epstein were fully common sense, and very very far from the most outrageous thing he's said. He was literally slandered with false information.
>>
This whole thing is just a prelude to GPLv4 which will make it easier for companies like Amazon and RedHat to use GPL code In proprietary or server code. I can't believe any intelligent person would read that character assassination letter and come to those conclusions.
>>
>>81051551
>>>/t/witter
>>
>>81051375
And most of that was when it was a small corner of the internet, so he managed to fly under the radar as a meme and militant autist. After his stupid Minsky defence got all the media attention, the rest came up too. Shitty timing but it was probably inevitable given his stances and the way he presents these.

With things as they are now, the contributors risk their own reputation by supporting him, so the situation isn't the same as in the past and can't go back to the past.

The mob wouldn't have a case if Stallman wasn't Stallman. And specially the point that him being the way he is turning off other contributors from the get go; is given. In the end, he was more lucky to get away with his shit for so long than unlucky that it finally caught up.
>>
>>81051552
it reached 3k, but i think it's closed
https://rms-open-letter.github.io/
>>
>>81050291
what a pathetic onions gargling loser the Linux Experiment guy is
>>
>>81051609
>The mob wouldn't have a case if Stallman wasn't Stallman.
And the FSF wouldn't exist if Stallman wasn't Stallman. Wanting to "cancel" Stallman is paramount to "cancelling" free software. To do otherwise is to say "yeah, thanks for slaving over this all your life; we tolerated your autism to do the hard work of laying the groundwork for this movement, now you're not needed anymore so take your autism and leave". (Which is exactly what the open letter etc. are all saying.)
>>
>>81048916
>Stallman visited Epstein's island multiple times
False. Stallman only went there once, and that was so he could avoid it in the future
>>
>>81051669
tell me about it. this guy signed the anti-FSF letter, as if his opinion matters. he uses elementaryOS because it looks like MacOS, doesn't code or contribute in any way, and he would rather use Windows than BSD. yap, he is a proper champion of FOSS.
>>
>>81051701
>And the FSF wouldn't exist if Stallman wasn't Stallman.
In the early days. He's been a negative factor for a good while now even outside of his behavior.
>Wanting to "cancel" Stallman is paramount to "cancelling" free software.
This is bullshit and trying to tie down an organization to a person is pure cancer. Personality cults are recipe for disasters.
>Which is exactly what the open letter etc. are all saying.
Which is harsh but true. Organizations tend to grown out of the scope of a leader, that's why a smart one would know when it's time. The alternative tends to be stagnation and then a downwards spiral; shit this even happens in football clubs and political parties.
>>
>>81051733
so he's using the word Linux® in his brand name which is a registered trademark of The Linux Foundation to make money. shouldn't he be sued for that?
>>
>>81051787
Not him, but the ends do not justify the means, anon. Even if an FSF without rms must manage, this is NOT the way to move in that direction.
>>
>>81050291
so this guy has made it his day job to lie, spread misinformation and push a political agenda?
>>
>>81051907
I think that's what you call an influencer these days. Heard it's stupidly lucrative.
>>
>>81051951
being the court jester always is, until the king gets tired of your schtick
>>
>>81051787
>This is bullshit and trying to tie down an organization to a person is pure cancer.
I'm not tying it down to a person, I'm tying it down to autism. Stallman's autism "prevented" him from using the proprietary lisp machines in the MIT lab (or however the early story goes - I don't remember all the details), his autism compelled him to go on a moral crusade to promote his ideas of freedom and build it up. His autism in completely rejecting proprietary software, only browsing the web with wget, etc. doubtlessly inspired many. His autism ensured free software remained pure while it was still getting established - so things like minified javascript are canonically considered non-free because his stance didn't permit wavering on things like that. And let's not forget his autism in creating emacs from scratch, and creating early versions of the GNU OS components, which allowed him to be relevant at all before the free software movement built up, and allowed the movement to take off: dedicated software development also requires autism.

So you want him to be an autist but not an autist. You can't get that. In a world where Stallman is a normal neurotypical person, he happily switches over to the proprietary lab machines, if he's bothered he maybe complains to administration but then doesn't do anything else, and the world moves on using purely proprietary software. Right now, the mob is angry that they don't live in that kind of world. I, for one, am not.
>>
File: 1617884845855.jpg (29 KB, 293x263)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>81050857
that's a jewish communist abortion lobby talking point
just like his jewish communist pro-pedo talking points
his problem is that he never married and instead surrounded himself with communists
his communism made ESR sound reasonable leading to the free software open source split
now everyone knows RMS was right, but everyone has totally locked down devices that run open source software
>>
>>81051357
> foss
it's free software. stallman stands for free software. open source led to open source locked down devices
>>
>>81052047
all free software is open source so foss is open source
>>
>>81051898
It is suboptimal indeed but they restarted the whole mess after he joined again. Him resigning for the first time by himself was an elegant way to do it. He'd keep his legendary status and could've still champion free software without any downsides for the organization.

Going back at it with a I'M BACK, BITCHES helps no one.
>>81051990
All true but why does he need to come back to the position after his resignation? He could've keep to his true autistic self without adding any heat to the organisazion if he simply stayed true to his word instead of forcing a comeback. And sure, the comeback was likely motivated by the very same autism too but at that point the rest of the board should be able to act in the interest of FSF instead of appeasing him.
>>
>>81052047
>open source led to open source locked down devices
explain, example
>>
File: 1616987250121.jpg (63 KB, 960x960)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>81052105
android and ios use open source software to build a prison where users are spied on by the people who own the signing keys
that is what ESR accomplished and RMS tried to prevent
ESR shuld be getting canceled, not RMS
>>
>>81052102
he had to come back to prevent AssHat and Jewgle from weakening the GPL
>>
>>81050291
The Linux Experiment who is just a random guy that runs Elementary OS, doesn't contribute any code, doesn't code at all, doesn't work in any open source projects (read: a luser) thinks he can go around and tell us what to do (he signed the remove RMS letter as if his opinion matters, and also made videos about it). he has 100k subs and if you read the comments most of them seem to be bought and paid for bots, but the rest are even more vapid than his videos. he talks about the subject matter with the depth of knowledge of someone who's skimmed the wikipedia article once, and yet he still has that quintessential modern SJW attitude which allows him to shamelessly present his opinion as fact
>>
>>81052173
okay, but FOSS prevents this. it's not open source, it's free and open source. ultimately, i think we're saying the same thing.
>>
>>81052102
>Him resigning for the first time by himself was an elegant way to do it.
certainly, and I probably would have instead tried a more subversive way than what he did to still influence the FSF meaningfully, but fact of the matter is that these lynch mobs have proven to have the world in a vice grip. And that is extremely concerning, to the point that I would start considering it poltical interference.
>>
>>81052173
>android
>trusting google
>>
>>81052102
>All true but why does he need to come back to the position after his resignation?
The resignation was a sham and should never have happened. You're correct that he doesn't NEED to come back, strictly speaking. It's simply the ethically and morally right course of action: it's just and good that he remain on the board (and, if removed as he was, gets reinstated). It's ethical absolutism at the cost of straightforward pragmatism or practicality.

Which, incidentally, is also the nature of the entirety of free software. "Why do I need to make it available to all, when I could obfuscate the source, charge money for it, AND collect nefarious data from users without their knowledge?"
>>
>>81052240
no glownigger
free software is end user freedom
open source is expressly not free software
>>
>>81052385
>make it available to all
this is the dumb commie bullshit part. it's about the end user having full control over what the suff you sell him does
>>
>>81052385
under copyright law nothing gives you the right to give someone a copy of this software. IF you choose to give someone a copy THEN you must also give them the source code
>>
>>81050128
>Quality not quantity. Nobody gives a shit about random fucks who don't contribute.
yeah because trannys and women are known for their useful contributions
retard
>>
>RMS Open Letter (anti-RMS)
3,012 signatures
>RMS Support Letter (pro-RMS)
6,045 signatures

How will SJWs EVER recover?
>>
Stallman thinks consensual sex between a minor and an adult is a possibility, need i say more?
>>
>>81052447
>>81052473
You get the idea. "Why should I let all my users obtain the full source code, and give them the freedom to redistribute the software (potentially to all), when I could take steps to retain full control and reap the benefits?"
There are clear benefits as to why, but if you forego morals and ethics, the practical course of action would be the exact opposite: restrict the sources, maintain control of distribution, reap the profits. Stallman fought for decades, putting his principles above immediate practical benefit, and the tech world is much better for it.

I'm not saying keeping Stallman in the FSF will bring about a new age of freedom or something, only that it follows the exact same principles. Forcing a resignation compromises those principles.
>>
>>81052568
yes
>>
>>81052590
it is not immoral to maintain control over something you created instead of giving it away for free
>>
>libertarian/neoliberal
>no it's hebephilia not pedo, you don't understand
like pottery
>>
File: PepeFancy.jpg (959 KB, 1329x1429)
959 KB
959 KB JPG
>>81052568
yes, to stallman in a civil manner at a dinner table with ginger tea.
>>
>>81052635
And when i'll convince him otherwise he shall be allowed into the foundation, deal?
>>
>>81049770
Democrats haven't won an election without cheating since the 50s.
>>
>>81048916
Daily reminder, most of the people who signed that petition are Red Hat, Google, and Microsoft employees.

52 Red Hat
9 @microsoft
8 Red Hat, Inc.
8 @mozilla
7 Mozilla
6 vmware
6 @SUSE
6 Microsoft
6 @google
5 SUSE


This data relies on self-reporting of employer on their GitHub profile.

32 germany
28 Seattle, Wa
28 Berlin
25 san francisco, ca
25 Berlin, Germany
21 London, UK
20 Portland, OR
17 France
16 United Kingdom
14 UK
>>
>>81052568
>minor
>17
>literally "SHE'S 17.999999999999999 YEARS OLD YOU SICK FUCK"
go out more.
>>
File: PepeLinuxPenguin.png (105 KB, 883x1024)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>81052656
nope. that conversation is between you two and you two alone. It is nor my nor the FSF's concern.
>>
>>81052751
>Berlin
>Germany
We should build a wall around it. Again.
>>
>>81052809
Yeah... he was talking about actual 10 year old children and correcting with "ackshually a possibility might be that the child and adult were having consensual sex as small as it might be" and it still means he thought a 10 year old could in theory consent, which is wrong.

>>81052820
nope. A pedo shouldn't run the free software foundation.
>>
>>81052848
>Yeah... he was talking about actual 10 year old children
the mail in particular that blew up:
>> Giuffre was 17 at the time; this makes it __rape__ in the Virgin Islands.
>Does it really? I think it is morally absurd to define "rape" in a way that depends on minor details such as which country it was in or whether the victim was 18 years old or 17.
straight from the horses mouth.
>>
>>81048916
>the Main Stream Media version
>eat shit
>50 million trillion flies cannot be wrong

The truth
>>81048916
>>
>>81052903
Nothing wrong with making fun of Burgerstan age consent laws. Implying that Minsky couldn't possible assume that a young girl presented to you by a known pedo actually wanted to bang is where Stallmann dropped the ball.
>>
>>81052903
>the mail in particular that blew up:
haha nice backpedalling

>Dubya has nominated another caveman for a federal appeals court. Refreshingly, the Democratic Party is organizing opposition.
>The nominee is quoted as saying that if the choice of a sexual partner were protected by the Constitution, "prostitution, adultery, necrophilia, bestiality, possession of child pornography, and even incest and pedophilia" also would be. He is probably mistaken, legally — but that is unfortunate. All of these acts should be legal as long as no one is coerced. They are illegal only because of prejudice and narrowmindedness.
Some rules might be called for when these acts directly affect other people's interests. For incest, contraception could be mandatory to avoid risk of inbreeding. For prostitution, a license should be required to ensure prostitutes get regular medical check-ups, and they should have training and support in insisting on use of condoms. This will be an advance in public health, compared with the situation today.
>For necrophilia, it might be necessary to ask the next of kin for permission if the decedent's will did not authorize it. Necrophilia would be my second choice for what should be done with my corpse, the first being scientific or medical use. Once my dead body is no longer of any use to me, it may as well be of some use to someone. Besides, I often enjoy rhinophytonecrophilia (nasal sex with dead plants).

>Dutch pedophiles have formed a political party to campaign for legalization.
>I am skeptical of the claim that voluntarily pedophilia harms children. The arguments that it causes harm seem to be based on cases which aren't voluntary, which are then stretched by parents who are horrified by the idea that their little baby is maturing.
>>
>>81052826
or maybe bomb berlin. again.
>>
>>81052974
>it might be necessary to ask the next of kin for permission if the decedent's will did not authorize it
What the fuck. If the person doesn't make it previously clear that it's cool to fuck their corpse, it's a no. Why would the opinion of the family matter?
>>
>>81052974
>Besides, I often enjoy rhinophytonecrophilia (nasal sex with dead plants).
Holy fuck, this beats parrot sex
>>
>>81052959
I don't think that's the implication at all, although his approach may be considered tasteless.

Also, source for people reading along: https://embed.documentcloud.org/documents/6405929-09132019142056-0001/?embed=1
>>
File: h2itler.jpg (16 KB, 207x277)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>81048916
>The more they push, the more we push back
Agreed, and although 4chan is often ridiculed as a load of Skiddies and logo designers
there are some here who know how to push back and what it takes not to get caught

Me, I'm a researcher I will spend months obsessively digging up the dirt on someone.
I will research individuals, companies, employees, links between businesses, links between government and business - that's what I do I research but ummmmm... well ha ... lets put it this way. What I do with that information is pass it to people who know what to do with it.
Me, I fight the trannyverse I fight the pedo's and the decadent. I fight the idea that twitter is the home to the police, the judge and the jury. I will fight for justice, freedom and getting the perverts put back in their place
>>
>>81053053
>Me, I fight the trannyverse I fight the pedo's and the decadent
then why do you defend the pedos? Truth is, the right libertarians are the real pedos and degenerates
>>
>>81052974
>>the mail in particular that blew up:
>haha nice backpedalling
"backpedalling"? Me providing evidence of what was and wasn't said is backpedalling?
>>All of these acts should be legal as long as no one is coerced. They are illegal only because of prejudice and narrowmindedness.
I will not argue in favor of this.
> The arguments that it causes harm seem to be based on cases which aren't voluntary,
well that is, modulo autism, a redundant statement to make.
>>
>>81053074
No, you're backpedalling, because you first said about Stallman not being a pedo because 17.9999 doesn't matter and then when i tell you he wasn't advocating for pedophilia only in the mail you backpedal and say "Well but in that mail he addressed a *spergspergsperg*"
>>
>>81053074
>well that is, modulo autism, a redundant statement to make.
The implications of it are that he thinks voluntary pedophilia is possible, and regardless of how small he thinks the possibility is, he still thinks it is possible and that is wrong.
>>
>>81053043
"that does not say whether Minsky knew whether she was coerced"
Sounds pretty much like he's implying that Minsky is a clueless idiot with the IQ of a plant who couldn't put 1 and 1 together.
>>
>>81053120
I strongly disagree with Stallman about pedophilia, but there are kids who finished university at age 10 or whatever, surely it's not a stretch to imagine some kid maturing enough to be able to intelligently consent way before most people do?
I would obviously not base ANY laws or social conventions over the possibility of one-in-a-billion cases, but you're being overly reductionist
>>
>>81053072
No the decadent and the pedo's all, for some reason unknown to me, all seem to vote with whatever is seen as a left wing party in their country
research Graham linehan
if you want to see a real tour de force of anti trannyism here's your man
I also support Liam Fox
and Piers Morgan
and J.K Rowling
and anyone else who finds the trannyverse and the decadent perverts of the left to be an abomination, a farce, and a joke that should be stopped.
https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/
>>
>>81053157
And here the apologists appear

>>81053159
fuck off nutjob i'm not reading your bullshit far right propaganda and I AM COMING FOR YOUR CHILDREN, THEY WILL BE GAY AND THEY WILL BE BLACK
>>
>>81053099
>when i tell you he wasn't advocating for pedophilia only in the mail
To me it seemed like you just made was a retarded sourceless claim and I just stated that this is not what was said in the mail. You then provided a quote at least. Which also doesn't make any statements about numbers (muh 10 yo child), btw. Age of consent laws range from anything from 14 to 18 even in western countries. This is a brute fact and trying to pin down any one number has quite spicy implications regarding what you say about other countries as a consequence.
>>
>>81053157
But isn't his comment specifically about the laws side of it?
>>
>>81052959
>Implying that Minsky couldn't possible assume that a young girl presented to you by a known pedo actually wanted to bang is where Stallmann dropped the ball.
Not that anon, but AFAIK Minsky, *rejected* the girl for almost exactly that reason (young girl offering massages to some guy in his 70s at some billionaire's private island is a little bit odd). He didn't refuse her based on Epstein being a pedo though, because at that time nobody knew that. Stallman's entire argument is hypothetical and not even based on Minsky's actual actions. Probably because Stallman was responding to some internal MIT mailing list that argued, again, *hypothetically*, that Minsky went with the girl. In other words: if Stallman would've called these people out on their baseless accusations he wouldn't have been in this clusterfuck. But Stallman being Stallman he went full autistic on some word being used in a fictional argument. It's amazing how many people (especially "journalists") lack basic reading comprehension and just accept any hearsay.
>>
>>81053185
There has been some dispiriting news from Scotland recently, with the Hate Crimes legislation affording more protection to men in drag than actual women and the Gender Representation on Public Boards Act redefining the word ‘woman’ to mean anyone who changes their name on the gas bill.
>>
>>81053199
Low age of consent in civilized countries is generally about protecting kids who fuck each other; when it comes to adults joining the fun there are generally exceptions that make it criminal.
>>
>>81053218
>There has been some dispiriting news from Scotland recently
Nice source
>>
File: afgh.jpg (57 KB, 624x351)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>81048967
>RMS calls for a longer sentence for Epstein and calls him a "serial rapist". Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20190508133150/https://stallman.org/archives/2019-jan-apr.html#25_April_2019_(Plea_deal_for_Epstein)

So you're saying RMS deserves what he's getting then? Epstine didn't do anything wrong: he wanted young women and got them

You white fucks are angry because you just fight amongst yourselves and kill and jail eachother to prevent anyone from marrying cute little girls.

Anyway: RMS should be defended because he was pro-loli before he was against it. NOT because he betrayed us all by "changing his mind".

>"The nominee is quoted as saying that if the choice of a sexual partner were protected by the Constitution, "prostitution, adultery, necrophilia, bestiality, possession of child pornography, and even incest and pedophilia" also would be. He is probably mistaken, legally--but that is unfortunate. All of these acts should be legal as long as no one is coerced. They are illegal only because of prejudice and narrowmindedness."
>
>RMS on June 28th, 2003 https://stallman.org/archives/2003-mar-jun.html
>
>--------------------------
>
>"I am skeptical of the claim that voluntarily pedophilia harms children. The arguments that it causes harm seem to be based on cases which aren't voluntary, which are then stretched by parents who are horrified by the idea that their little baby is maturing. "
>
>RMS on June 5th, 2006)
>
>--------------------------
>
>" There is little evidence to justify the widespread assumption that willing participation in pedophilia hurts children.
>
>Granted, children may not dare say no to an older relative, or may not realize they could say no; in that case, even if they do not overtly object, the relationship may still feel imposed to them. That's not willing participation, it's imposed participation, a different issue. "
>
>RMS on Jan 4th, 2013)
>>
>>81053226
>Low age of consent in civilized countries is generally about protecting kids who fuck each other
yes and no; yes if we count 17 year olds as kids (in which case I would argue we might as well count anything up to at least 21, maybe even 23). Most protections drop at 16 proper legally however (with few strings attached since adults can hold power over a minor).
>>
File: animequestionmark.png (121 KB, 500x590)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>81053208
Hey, white faggot, Stallman not defending the right of men to have cute young girls, let alone adult teenagers, is not a credit to him.

We are NOT defending him because "DURR HES NOT THAT MUCH OF A PEDO!!!11"

We are defending him because he DID say pro-pedo things in the past. Stupid fucking idiot.

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>81053199
Age of consent laws, particularly in the countries that have always been social democrats, such as Sweden, Holland, Norway, etc (Northern Europe, but not the UK) have always acknowledged that Children above the age of 13 and below the age of 17 shoukl be allowed to consent with each other. You will find a man will be convicted of a crime if he is over 18 and engages in activity with a child under 18.

People wrongly cite the UK as having an age of consent at 16 years old. That is not true. If a person is in a position of trust such as a police officer, teacher, politician, anyone basically with a public life, social worker, doctor, nurse, they cannot lawfully have sexual relations with anyone under 18
>>
>>81053208
>because at that time nobody knew that
I double checked and at least wiki says
>Minsky organized two academic symposia on Epstein's private island Little Saint James, one in 2002 and another in 2011, after Epstein was a registered sex offender.
And
>On June 30, 2008, after Epstein pleaded guilty to a state charge (one of two) of procuring for prostitution a girl below age 18,[115] he was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
So at least during the second one it was obvious for anyone with half a brain how Epstein rolled.

Though yeah, after double checking, it seems she was only instructed to fuck Minsky but there is nothing about accusations, so it does seem like he isn't guilty for that.

Which makes Stallman butting in into this shit even dumber. I thought he was trying to defend his rapist friend first but he was just an autistic shitposter arguing about semantics for the sake of it.

Though the hypothetical scenario is still laughable. If anything actually happened, Minsky would've need to be deep in dementia to think the shit is kosher.
>>
>>81053280
Well, yeah and IMO it's given that 17 year olds are kids, and by the same logic 21 year olds too.

Euro-laws generally hit a decent balance when kids exchanging nudes don't get accused of distributing CP but adults still can't bang 15 year olds.
>>
>>81053157
Guise I think we found the guy who will be going to university next year and couldnt wait to try out the word "reductionist"

Dude, let me tell you, the term "reductionist is simply a way to attack those who dont have the time or inclination to write a 10,000 word thesis for your benefit
>>
>>81053406
>Guise I think we found the guy who will be going to university next year and couldnt wait to try out the word "reductionist"
Did I use a big word you're having trouble understanding? Or what's your problem?
>the term "reductionist is simply a way to attack those who dont have the time or inclination to write a 10,000 word thesis for your benefit
Or attack namefags.
>>
>>81053406
>verbally rape a child in a thread about pedophilia
Not cool, anon.
>>
>>81053333
>You will find a man will be convicted of a crime if he is over 18 and engages in activity with a child under 18.
Not in general, no. German law for example allows for adults to have sex with teens age 16-18, just not unconditionally.
>>
>>81053302
This.
Pedophilia and FOSS go hand-in-hand.
>>
>>81053475
Isn't there some sort of age range, like the adult can be in early 20s max to do a 16-17 year old?
>>
cult of personality
>>
>>81053475
Germany is not a Northern European country
It is considered central European

South European - strongly Catholic
Central European - strongly protestant
Northern European - strongly socialist
>>
>>81052751
Did you visit the GitHub profiles of EVERY signatory in order to compile that data?
>>
>>81053582
social democrat*
>>
>>81052848
Not him, and I don't even know what RMS said, and I also don't really like RMS, nor do I care about free software, BUT I want RMS to stay on at the FSF because it makes SJWs seethe.
>>
>>81053337
>he was just an autistic shitposter arguing about semantics for the sake of it.
In other words: Stallman being Stallman.
>If anything actually happened, Minsky would've need to be deep in dementia to think the shit is kosher.
That depends. If you were invited to some billionaire's home, and some girl offered you a massage, would you assume she was forced or she was just a prostitute doing her job? Again, this is *before* Epstein being a known pedo (because, yeah, that should set off some alarms).
>>
>>81053612
I mean, even before it was confirmed by courts, he was relatively well know as the guy who likes them young. It should be enough to raise some red flags and pay extra attention to how willing the girls are. Specially for someone obviously intelligent like Minsky.
>>
File: 1545345663551.jpg (814 KB, 997x781)
814 KB
814 KB JPG
>>81050710
hopefully we can get them in the next life
>>
>>81053610
>nor do I care about free software, BUT I want RMS to stay on at the FSF because it makes SJWs seethe.
Finally some honesty from the pro RMS crowd.
>>
>>81050670
>the politicaliazation of our communities

free software has always been political, you'd know that if you weren't just larping as a dev
>>
>>81053738
>unironically responding to a guy pretending free software isn't inherently political
Leol.
>>
>>81053731
>>81053610
Samefag
>>
>>81053582
Germany has a strange cultural role. Yes it's central European, but basically the "northernmost, easternmost one". That puts it in a peculiar niche.
>>81053506
Again, yes and no. Essentially:
>Sexual acts with adolescents between the ages of 16 and 17 are punished according to Section 174 of the Criminal Code if the offender is entrusted with the upbringing [...] or is subordinate to them in the context of a service or employment relationship and the related relationship of dependency has been abused.
That is to say, it's an offense if you are a teacher, guardian, or caretaker.
>>
>fighting this hard for a man nobody likes
optically worse than leftists shiggy diggy
4chan couldn't hold political office for more than 5 seconds
>>
>>81051552
bots aren't people
>>
>>81053710
Agreed, but Minsky never went with the girl. I think it was in 2002 and there was at least one eyewitness confirming Minsky was approached but was offended or something and didn't go with her. The media just ran a bunch of clickbait around the words "MIT professor" and "Epstein", which resulted in MIT launching a mailing list for people's feelings, on which Stallman started to argue about semantics in reply to some hypothetical argument, which the media then used for another round of clickbait. Stallman should just sue for defamation of character and Red Hat devs should learn how to read.
>>
>>81053251
>as long as no one is coerced
>cases which aren't voluntary
>willing participation
>a different issue
I just highlighted words you should really look into to realize what RMS is actually talking about.
fucking retarded pedo with an IQ of cancel culture faggots
>>
>>81053893
That's what you fags get for muh adblock. Quality journalism doesn't pay the bills like clickbait.
>>
>>81053862
>fighting this hard for a man nobody likes
Ok that's not even an opinion that's just incorrect.
>>
>>81053925
"Hey, that baby smiled when I gave it my dick to lick, seems voluntary enough!"
>>
>>81053925
>>81053945
that's not how evidence works
>>
>>81053333
>People wrongly cite the UK as having an age of consent at 16 years old. That is not true. If a person is in a position of trust such as a police officer, teacher, politician, anyone basically with a public life, social worker, doctor, nurse, they cannot lawfully have sexual relations with anyone under 18
And if they're not in a position of power or trust, then IIRC it's actually 14 and not 16.
>>
>>81053302
die in a fire glowniggerfaggot pedo
>>
>>81053159
reminder that Dumbledore was a pederast from the beginning and JK Rowling sold those books about the molested kid who joins the wizard FBI to children
>>
File: 1603661981753.jpg (68 KB, 736x537)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>81048916
RMS is a hero.
>>
>>81054025
stallman has always seemed so adorably harmless. he's more of a words guy.
>>
>>81053597
Learn how to use grep.
>>
>>81054025
RMS is a hero for our computer freedoms, whilst I'm not a fanboy of the guy, and don't mind criticism, I notice 99% of criticism comes from either glowies, corporate shills, or those twitter trannies who claim write open source software with a weird tranny licenses and work for google and shit.
>>
>>81053597
no way you just asked that. there's something called web scraping, look it up.
>>
>>81054165
You don't have to agree with literally everything someone does or says to recognize his merits.
>>
>>81053925
>>81053945
brainlet!
>>
>>81048927
So the npcs are pedo enablers by misinformation?
>>
>>81054179
no, but twitter trannies think you do. bear it in mind these are the same people who wont buy from a brand unless they have the same political views as them
>>
>>81054307
Sorta like /g/tards who won't use some software because one of its hundreds of contributors posted something in favor of homosexual people once on Twitter?
>>
>>81054333
you mean r/t_d spill? Yes. Exactly like them.
>>
>>81048916
Yes. Stallman is my god.
>>
>>81054333
that happened?
>>
>>81054333
yeah, exactly like them. except instead of just seething like retards, twittertards then go and try to get them fired. also most those people also tend to be poltards
>>
File: cirno__2.jpg (78 KB, 850x605)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>81054001
>>>81053302
>die in a fire glowniggerfaggot pedo

Make me.

Stallman was right when he said pro-pedo things.
It is a man's right to have cute young girls as brides. A right given by YHWH aswell as a natural right.

A right you white fucks deny and war against the world over.

>DURRRR liking girls is GAY!!!!
>t. white man.

Get the FUCK off of 4chan white retard. This is a pro-loli anime website. GET THE _FUCK_ out of here.

We defend RMS _BECAUSE_ he _WAS_ pro-pedo.
>>
File: cirno___8.jpg (180 KB, 1400x1500)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>81050710
>He only changed his story under pressure
>You have a right to a cute loli wife

Correct on both points. White retard tech-fags who "support stallman" here deny both.

We support stallman for what he said and did. (We do NOT like that he recanted.)
>>
>>81054001
More of a FOSS dev than you, white retard.
https://www.moddb.com/games/chaosesqueanthology

Stallman said nothing wrong.
And he's right: his life has been incredibly sad.
Because he never got a cute young girl for a bride. Something you white scum denied him and deny all men on this planet.
>>
>>81054382
>>81054422
Yes it does happen, stop playing dumb.
>>
File: cirno_5.jpg (296 KB, 1598x2048)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>81050710
>He only changed his story under pressure
>You have a right to a cute loli wife

Correct on both points. White retard tech-fags who "support stallman" here deny both. They'll eventually turn on stallman for "yeah I can't keep supporting this pedo bla bla bla, that's why I now call for"

We support stallman for what he said and did. (We do NOT like that he recanted)
>>
>>81054658
this anon here>>81054422.
oh I'm not denying it I was just wondering if you could elaborate on it a bit or if you may have a link to a rabbit hole I could visit later.
>>
>>81054611
>>81054635
>>81054680
I'm pretty sure that's not what Stallman meant but hey I'm up for original thought.
>>
>>81054792
assuming this is serious of course
>>
>>81054658
>Yes it does happen, stop playing dumb.
learn to read, I am aware of t_d spill.
>>
>>81054611
this post is a piece of art, thank you for posting anon. one of my personal favorite stallman quotes is
>"I like little girls"
it really resonated with me and most other free software enthusiasts.
>>
>>81054854
t_d?
>>
>>81055030
r/the_donald. The reason discourse on /g/ magically had a discontinuous dip in quality past the election.
>>
>>81055071
/g/ has always been shit, stop blaming it on some boogeyman.
>>
>>81055071
hmm, never crossed my mind, desu /g/ has just gotten really bad over time anyway, plebbitfag tourists definitely don't help
>>
>>81055141
/g/ has always been bad but the ways in which it has been bad changed over time. Blaming everything on partisan boogeyman was NOT the default pre election. Look at the stats for god's sake.
>>
>>81053731
Seethe, SJW.

>>81053773
Nope.
>>
>>81048916

This makes me sooo sooo mad. Stallman helps the world. What he get back for all his work? Shit.

RMS he is weird he is not perfect, who fucking cares. What he has done outweights it all by 10000000000 times. or even more.
>>
>>81055071
this is delusional, theres just pushback due to the incessant trannyposting
if they would fuck off to /lgbt/ where they belong instead of shitting up everywhere else with their attention seeking then most of the pointless arguments would stop
>>
>>81049759
Nice to see! Keep up the good work anons!
>>
File: oh no no no.png (30 KB, 640x480)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
People have the right to personal opinions.
RMS didn't hurt anyone.
RMS didn't call for violence.

Most people are still sane. Blue checkmarks were BTFO back into their bubble.
>>
File: g over time.png (60 KB, 962x665)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>81055307
"muh gommie" namecalling had a massive jump, while trannyposting (ironically enough) came into being rather organically.
>>
>>81055395
that picture just proves my point
>>
>>81055431
>meme 1: comes naturally into existence and blows up
>meme 2: dwindles, then suddenly jumps
>nothing to see here! :^)
>>
>>81055395
I've basically replaced gommie with tranny a while back, I'm sure I'm not the only one.
>>
>>81055431
no it doesn't
>>
I honestly respect stallman for being the fossfather and i don't care what a bunch of angry dilators think/want. but he is a relic, living of fumes from former glories.

as far as i know, he has contributed nothing but memes in recent years. he is nothing but a stale hippie who makes some valid points about free software. the rest of stallman is pitiful & saddening. to think that such a visionary choose to become a lonely manchild loser, with no real job, home or family.

he needs to leave foss a couple of years, get his shit in order and then come back at full force to weed out all the crazy people.

but before that can happen, he has to hit rock bottom (which he amazingly has avoided). that's why i'm sitting this one out: we need stallman, but not this current incarnation of him.
>yes i know how incredibly gay this text is
>>
>>81054025
rms is an hero
ftfy
>>
did epstein really off himself in prison?
>>
>>81056249
He needs to shower and learn to pick his words carefully.
>>
>>81056512
It's pretty clear showering is optional, see Steve "toilet foot" Jobs.
>>
>>81056512
definitely. he also need to cut/trim that beard/hair and put on normal clothes. no one will take you seriously if you look like a homeless schizo that huffs paint down the skidrow.
>>
>>81048916
They’re afraid of his autistic candour. His piercing observations of the truth. That’s why they want him out. Because he’s principled and says it like it is.
>>
>>81056249
this
>>
>>81056607
changing his clothes would take from his character a bit. plus this is stallman we're talking about. he's never gunna be any less weird.
>>
>>81056873
if he doesn't want to loose everything, he has to evolve and adapt to the new circumstances. he literally needs a rocky-style montage set to eye of the tiger, and get i shape, get back and kick those dilators in the manhole
>>
>>81053597
No? I used the GitHub API you dumb fucking hobo. The program I wrote is less than 200 lines and writes everything to an sqlite database. It scrapes stars, SSH keys, GPG keys, pull requests, and user information.
>>
>>81057025
Seethe, dumb fucking hobo.
>>
>>81053597
>tech illiterate twitterfag
>>
File: gee.jpg (338 KB, 722x408)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>81052848
>>
>>81057386
Seethe, dumb fucking hobo.
>>
>>81053876
i'm not a bot, i'm an actual and not insignificant contributor to an open source project you have heard of
>>
>>81058367
you must be 18 to post here.
>>
>>81058836
Seethe.
>>
>>81059004
>doesn't know what a webcrawler is
why would I seethe? I've already won the argument by default.
>>
File: 72767911.jpg (390 KB, 1163x1500)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
Support letter author here, AMA
>>
>>81050128
>Quality
1 woman = 0.25 men
>>
>>81052751
To no one's surprise, a significantly larger percentage of those who signed the rms-open-letter have twitter accounts advertised on their GitHub profile.

# sqlite3 stats.db "select twitter_username from users where login in (select user_login from pull_requests where base_repo_name = 'rms-open-letter.github.io') and length(twitter_username)>0"| wc -l

693

# sqlite3 stats.db "select twitter_username from users where login in (select user_login from pull_requests where base_repo_name = 'rms-support-letter.github.io') and length(twitter_username)>0"| wc -l

379


Pull Requests    Users with Twitter Accounts   Percentage  
--------------- ----------------------------- ------------
2220 693 31.22%
5317 379 7.03%


I think there's an opportunity here to scrape their data from Twitter although I'm not sure what I should do with it.
>>
Updated version of https://ghostbin.com/paste/RsfiT when?
>>
>>81059477
What the fuck. That's a lot of information about every person who signed rms-open-letter. It looks like that dump was compiled from past leaks.
>>
>>81055509
>>81056148
>commie posting: went up then steadily dropping again
>tranny posting: already far above the rest and still increasing
yes it does prove my point
>>
>>81060215
>t_d tards are leaving
>trannyposters (unrelated) remain
>>
>>81060274
ie trannies are the ones shitting up the place
>>
>>81060309
not necessarily. But the meme goes strong. people talking about them does not mean an increase of their presence, only an increase in awareness/people willing to talk about them.
>>
>>81060333
meh probably not worth getting into it, theres leftypol/tranny bait or attention seeking all over the site though
the same kind of people who sign the anti rms letter
>>
With huge players in the market like Apple Macintosh and Microsoft Windows taking over the operating systems space, a programmer by the name of Richard Stallman started developing a free Unix-like operating system. Unix was an operating system developed by Ken Thompson and Dennis Ritchie, but it wasn't cheap and wasn't available to everyone. Stallman created an OS that he called GNU. It was meant to be free to use with similar functionality to Unix. Unlike Windows or Macintosh, GNU wasn't owned by a single company, its code was open source which meant that anyone could modify and share it. GNU didn't evolve into a full operating system, but it set a foundation for the formation of one of the largest open source operating system, Linux, which was created by Linus Torvalds.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.