[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: python logo.jpg (51 KB, 900x520)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Is paying for an online python course for the certificate worth it? Do employers care about the certificate or can I just tech myself python and put that I know python on my resume?
>>
>>81046610
Read this, it's a beginner's guide on programming from /g/'s beginner's programming threads. Gives you just about everything you need to start learning. Best advice I can give is to just read some books and actually code to enhance your skill. It talks about courses to take as well and some book recommendations.

https://f.ls/aosw3
>>
>>81046610
Just do some ML projects and post them to your clithub. Cert for python just shows you're at least pajeet tier.
>>
The only "certificate" that matters is a CS diploma. Other than that, your resume should be your github account. If you have projects that use Python, then you know Python.
>>
Programming certificates only shows you are an idiot. A portafolio of projects is what employers are looking for.
Certificates are only useful if you are SysAdmin, DevOps, Network Architect, etc.
>>
>>81046610
buy and work through AtBSwP
>>
>>81046610
I'm working for a fortune 50 and haven't paid a cent to further my knowledge on software. You want to have a wide but impressive tree of skills relevant to job you're applying, have several cvs is the way to do it. Like if you're applying for a tester job write about nunit or some testing framework. Or frontend and some js library.

>>81048170
>>81048200
Maybe in the states but been interviewed and offered a dozen or so jobs over the last year or two without any of that shit. You just want a good cv. Dated a recruiter they just use bots to filter irrelevant cvs that don't contain buzzwords.
>>
>>81049818
>>81048200
is a bachelors in IT and CCNA enough to compete for a technical job in 2021?
how long do you think it would take to get a job with just these two?
>>
>>81046610
Why would you care what employers thing?
>>
>>81048200
>Certificates are only useful if you are SysAdmin, DevOps
Certs don't mean shit for SysAdmin and "DevOps" is just a memeword for SysAdmins who don't want to be associated with the IT guy who helps the boss when he can't remember how to open his email.
>>
Certs only carry you for vendor related skills (like Cisco). You're skills as a developer will show how good you actually are. Don't chase worthless certs just to make your resume longer.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.