[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

hello /v/, I have a very autistic son just like many of you and I have difficulty connecting with him. He really likes computers so I bought him a raspberry pi to mess around with and we sometimes play games like mario kart together but I was hoping you could lead me to some practical things he can learn? He's not necessarily a "whiz" with computers like he is with piano, but I think he has good potential. How can I give him some meaningful "chores" to do on the computer? More satisfaction than simple vidya? He's a smart kid.
>>
>>81042816
/g/ sorry. I know this is the techie board.
>>
>>81042816
>He's not necessarily a "whiz" with computers like he is with piano
Maybe focus more on the Piano instead.
>>
>>81042823
Don't worry /g/ doesn't know any more than /v/
>>
>>81042816
turn him into a femboy and breed him

Dilate and realize that you've failed as a guardian, given that you are asking /g/ tards for parenting advice.
>>
>>81042865
don't you think he could be more impactful as a programmer? he has a creative brilliance
>>81042913
it's not about parenting advice, it's about having empathy with a heavily autistic kid whos shoes you were once in.
>>
>>81042816
teach him C
>>
>>81043079
then python, if you know C+ Python you can learn any language
>>
Make him install gentoo
>>
Nvidia Jetson Nano
You can run training on it to visually recognise objects. Cats, mugs, wheels, etc.
That + little robot might be an interesting way to go. (Computers interacting with the real world.)
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/community/jetson-projects
>>
it's important you keep him engaged so getting him a mentor would probably be a good idea
i remember a book from the 80s or sth with simple games in them you had to type out before you could play, always thought that was a cool idea, maybe you can find something similar
maybe play an open source game and make up things to add together
>>
>>81043094
then ruby
this is the c->python->ruby feminization pipeline
it's natural op
soon she'll have her own programming socks
>>
>>81042816
Diatomaceous earth or zeolite will cure it. Might you happen to possess any German ancestry?
>>
>>81043476
yes i'm 50% german, 50% anglo.
>>
I don't think most of us have sons, let alone autistic sons
>>
>>81042816
gamemaker could be fun for a kid to mess around in, especially if he has a prior interest in vidya. if you're looking to teach him actual skills that could (hopefully) be useful in the future, java or python are good starting languages
>>
>>81043483
Look into the MTHFR defect. It's most prevalent in Germanic bloodlines. From now on, no more vaccines. Otherwise he'll become autistic once again. Here's my detox agent guide.

https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/27951336/#q27951734
>Detox aids such as bentonite clay
>>
How old is he? Game dev if he's young, audio/graphic dev if not
>>
>>81043714
he's 24
>>
>>81042938
programming isn't an art, its not about creativity. it's engineering.
he might like what you can do with computers, but unless he really wants to, don't make him feel inclined to program by loading him up with books and information.

piano sounds like a great thing for him, if that's what he seems to enjoy and be good at, save up for a good one, and never let him know /g/ exists, it sucks time and soul straight from your body.
>>
>>81043744
>not about creativity. it's engineering
nice oxymoron
>>
>>81043357
oh shit I took this exact route. am I gonna become a tranny?
>>
>>81043357
This man speak truth. As soon as I mastered ruby I removed my penis and started calling myself a code witch. There's no better language than ruby and rust.
>>
By the time he's old this field is gonna be as over bloated as the medical one probably worth waiting to see where the job market goes
>>
If he's a 24 year old autistic piano player there's no perticularly strong reason for me to assume he would be very successful at IT/development which are, while autism friendly, also relatively social jobs. Lots of taking with teammates and stakeholders. They're also not very easy jobs and take the work ethic to not just get into the field but to continuously reskill (possibly by job hopping) once inside it due to the pace of tech. At the same time if you can get him into some union government job its benefits, job stability, low stress, good environment for an autistic guy.

All I'll say is I wouldn't get fixated on him getting into IT but honestly I think build a server and do something with it is a fun project. How about get some smart home stuff and homeassistant and script some routines together? Something like that. If he's into Piano you could maybe play around with audio editing or mixing or something, that won't get you an IT job but you will learn IT skills along the way.

P.S. Autism is hereditary and you use 4chan :^)
>>
>>81043744
He didn't say it was an art. Programming is a craft and crafts have some room for creativity.
>>
You will definitely turn him into a tranny autists are like 8x more likely to become trans or something. So I'd buy him a nice dress ahead of time and get it over with and that should enhance both his skills and his autistic creativity.
>>
>>81042816
Start making a simple game with him. It'll be hard but you'll both have fun working together and making something cool.
>>
>>81042816
Whatever you do, keep him away from the transexuals.
Autistic kids are exceptionally prone to peer pressure and grooming, which is what transexuals do.

Programming is full of them by the way. Social events, conventions, conferences, make sure you're around to keep him away from these predators.
>>
>>81044552
Also
>>81043680
>Just feed your autistic son dirt and risk exposing him to COVID lmao

I hate antivaccers because of the harms they want to inflict on autistd and general society to because they hate autists being Autistic so much. I don't know what is with antivaccers and their loathing of Autism but they treat autistics like Nazis treat Jews.
>>
Daily reminder autism is linked to gut biome and has been significantly mitigated by fecal transplants

https://www.economist.com/science-and-technology/2019/05/30/more-evidence-that-autism-is-linked-to-gut-bacteria
>>
>>81042816
i remember this exact thread being posted word for word a year or two ago. so I'm calling bullshit
>>
Stay away from antivaccers and trans activists. They want your child to ingest weird shit to make him into his true self.
>>
>>81042816
Teach him maths, like Algebra II and stuff. Then teach him Python and let him Play with "rama unan machine" (Look it up on the Internet). Good luck!
>>
File: 1617842311487.jpg (64 KB, 400x579)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
The choice of autists everywhere
>>
>>81042913
Just because you got molested doesn't mean other people want to.
OP teach him music it's a great outlet and can lead places.
>>
How about synthesizers?
>>
>>81042816
Gl OP
>>
What an awful fucking thread
>>
>>81042816
molest the shota and then get anally raped by a 300 pound nigger monkey in prison
>>
>>81043680
>Detox aids such as bentonite clay
remember to drink some bleach too, you fucking absolute twat
>>
>>81043785
engineering is hardly creativity, and even then it doesn't take much. 99% of the time it's following something like a schematic or making one using professional, strict rules to make it understandable to those who read it, and you use an engineering method to take big problems and break them down into smaller problems to tackle one at a time, that doesn't take creativity.

>>81044617
I guess you could call it a craft in some circumstances? but that's not really what it is, and either way, he said his son enjoys playing the piano which is a very creative outlet, whereas programming is more like designing a car for example, you have rules and guidelines to follow so it actually works like one and can be driven on the roads and terrain you designed it for with features that people require.

it seems like music is a much bigger interest to his son, so he should focus on that.
>>
>>81043680
>links to >>>/x/
kek
>>
>>81042816
>>81042938
>good at piano
Synthesizers
>>
>>81044825
>remembering word by word.
Son, I told you not to browse that mongolian bagpipes forum. Especially not the threads I created about you!
>>
>>81042816
Just let him enjoy life and be a good father.
If he likes it then do it.
if not just let him do what we wants.
It's really easy to make autistic people miserable, especially if they are very aware but are unable to express it.
>>
>>81042816
>like he is with piano, but I think he has good potential
Musical aptitude is important for learning Morse code, so as an alternative to computing you could get your son to learn electronics and telegraphy. I have seen a fair bit of autistic aspects among my fellow Morse code operators back in the day.
>>
>>81042816
Give him a chore of getting a gf.
>>
>>81043680
>Reptilian entity attachment guide
I found my new favorite board.
>>
>>81043741
There is this program called Orca that is sort of visual programming for music creation. It's also minimilistically coded so it might be a good way to learn coding by messing with a program that you actually use.
>>
>>81042816
Starting with some of NO STARCH PRESS books is a good start. They are very intuitive
>>
File: tired.jpg (11 KB, 224x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>81043744
biggest load of bullshit ever, programming is one of _the_ most creative outlets ever.
just because all you ever do is follow pajeet tutorials and glue frameworks together doesn't mean everyone else is just as braindead.
>>
>>81043680
>MTHFR
kek
>>
>>81042816
I'd say this again
teach your son Common Sense 2021 instead: install adblock, don't randomly share personal info online, don't randomly click an email, etc
>>
>>81043357
>c->python->ruby->rust
this is the trans pipeline
>>
>>81043744
You are fucking idiot.
>>
>>81045159
great idea

>>81045439
grow up, it's a great thread

And personally, I think you should consider what his interests are and just sort of guide him not only more into those but also towards interests that might be similar

As a parent, you have to be his guidance system, but do it subtle
>>
>>81043744
You would probably enjoy it more if you considered it an art.

Every legendary programmer knows it's secretly an art form, as it's all about achieving aesthetics
>>
>>81051065
Agreed. Many dev jobs are adapted for pajeets intellectual capacities and the day you pull something really creative everybody realises the potential.
>>
>>81048416
this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.