[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3894893747923.jpg (39 KB, 534x342)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>Read the sticky: >>76759434

>GNU/Linux questions >>>/g/fglt

>Windows questions >>>/g/fwt

>Apple questions >>>/g/fag

>PC building? >>>/g/pcbg

>Programming questions >>>/g/dpt

>Good, cheap, laptops >>>/g/tpg

>Cheap electronics >>>/g/csg

>Server questions >>>/g/hsg

>Buying headphones >>>/g/hpg

>How to find/activate any version of Windows?
https://rentry.org/installwindows

Previous thread: >>80998358
>>
I'm deciding between the beats flex and the jaybird tarahs. I haven't had good experiences with TWS earbuds so I'd like to avoid them, especially since I'd have to shell out a lot of money for a decent one it seems.

These two are on sale right now with the Tarah's being ~$35 and the flex ~$45. I know the Tarah's have a much higher MSRP but they're also older. I'm planning on using the buds for working out (weightlifting) and casual listening when travelling/out and about.

The Flex's have the advantage of pairing well with my iphone and having a much longer battery life. The tarah's are water resistant and (are of better quality [?]). I tried them on/tested them out in stores but I'm still having a tough time deciding.
>>
>>81018257
Nah, it's on the internal storage.
That's where my phone stores its photos.

The thumbdata*-file is several GB. Deleting or overwriting it doesn't free up any space. Googling reveals there appear to be many people with that problem. No actual solutions, though.
I'm thinking it's probably an automatically created symlink to a storage location I have no access to. That would explain this behavior.
>>
I keep raping the capacity of my batteries. I am using Debian 10 on a thinkpad T430. Is this an issue with TLP not being configured properly or what?
>>
File: 20210405_212206.jpg (63 KB, 800x600)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Where is a safe place to get pro versions of android apps free? Or is there a way to spoof an in app purchase for apps?
>>
File: IMG_20210406_185729.jpg (53 KB, 358x1111)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
For some reason I can't use dual apps or however it's called. I used to, but one update a while ago removed it. I'm on MIUI 12.0.3
>>
Anyone know a duplicate finder that can work with network drives and most file types? Preferably if it can find similar ones that are of different quality/name.

Vistanita use to be really good but seems to fail on W10. Linux is an option as well.
>>
File: Nicotine+nSoulseek.png (42 KB, 727x463)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
So does Nicotine+ share the same userbase as Soulseek or just the code? And which one is souperior (i.e which one do you use).
>>
>>81022487
Write a script to md5 hash and compare matches
>>
do u guys use any productivity manager im too retarded to remember anything past 5 seconds
>>
Hey.

What kind of HDMI cable do I need to connect to a TV from my GPU outlet? Can I even do that to watch stuff from PC on TV?
Ive no idea what these male-female things mean.
>>
>>81022791
Note: my GPU also has DisplayPorts and DVI
>>
>>81022864
either a displayport to HDMI cable or DVI to HDMI cable
they both will work
>>
File: photoshop-history.jpg (25 KB, 870x580)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I have a lagging issue in Photoshop. When you search "lag in photoshop", most results are about large brush strokes being slow etc. so none of the solutions fix my problem.
What's actually lagging is performing sequential tasks - i.e. when I switch layers, open menus, do multiple brush strokes in quick succession (the first is fine, then the rest take a while to appear).
Is this somecthing I can fix in settings, or are my aging specs the problem?
Current specs:
>i7-4790k
>gtx 970
>32gb DDR3 1866Mhz
>>
>>81023506
are you using CC or some jank pirated portable version
>>
Is BitGamer completely dead or did the site URL change?
>>
>>81023532
>>>/g/ptg
>>
>>81023527
I've tried CS6 (pirated but a proper install) and CC 2018-2020. They all do it, some more than others.
>>
File: 1616800290818.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>81021672
Am I ngmi if I'm struggling with linked lists? Does everyone know how to reverse a doubly linked list except me? I just feel discouraged because this is supposed to be the easy part of this class and we haven't even gone into trees, queues, hash tables etc. I think I understand pointers but I feel like I'm just gonna have to stare at code all day to get up to par. I can easily get my way through these classes but I want to understand. Do I just "grind harder"?
>>
File: 1613986513218.png (735 KB, 1000x837)
735 KB
735 KB PNG
Why isn't Twitter included in FAGMAN? For how big it is I assume it would be included. It could probably fit in between G and M.
>>
File: 65992.jpg (43 KB, 390x293)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>81021672
Should I donate to Wikipedia?
Should I donate to RebeccaBlackTech?

>>81022791
I feel like I'm misunderstanding your question, but if I'm not, you'll usually need a male-to-male HDMI cable. Male means it has a plug, female means it has a hole. lol.
>>
>>81022548
I don't think this would really work with things that aren't exact. I'm trying to prune out things like say same song but different format/quality or multiple older versions of software. Its also a decade of data from multiple users.
>>
>>81021672
Do different SATA revisions use different cables or is it just a protocol difference?
>>
>>81024656
>Should I donate to Wikipedia?
no, google wikipedia donations. it all goes into the pockets of wikipedia employees, has little to do with keeping servers running.
>>
>>81024929
cables are the same
>>
What's the best way to learn excel? Like, working with functions, conditional formatting and stuff. Is there a good source someone who isn't really into pc stuff can use to get a good grasp of? It's not for myself but for someone who might get a desk job and it's the first time for him working with excel. I don't know much myself but maybe there are good courses you can download or pirate?
>>
Is there a way to sign a document on your phone or laptop that would be easy enough for an old person to understand?

My boss does this and it slows down the workload when we have to take those papers from the office to his house so he can sign stuff.
>>
>>81025297
Don't know much about tablets but last time I checked ipad pro has a supposdely good pen or something? Might have supported apps for the task
>>
I'm iterating through a datagrid in c# and saving each row to a list whenever i leave a cell, nothing new just a for loop.

Problem is, my code executes before the program registers the last cell value; so it always registers the previous cell value instead of the new one. threading.thread.sleep doesn't seem to help; is there a way to wait until the values update before my cell Leave event triggers? Google isn't turning up any answers
>>
Android tv box, are they worth it? I just need something cheap to stream services from News portals to my parents tv from the web? Would like something that just plugs into tv and connects on wifi or ethernet cable. Example like Nvidia shield tv but cheaper, resolution can be 1080p max. Since its and old tv with hd quality. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>81025508
Chromecast with Google TV. You can sideload shit on it like ad free youtube or pirating apps if you want. There are cheaper options but I wouldn't consider them worth the quality loss.
>>
File: screen.png (26 KB, 355x172)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
What's the difference between sorting by "Bump order" and "Last reply" on 4chan?
>>
>>81025833
"Last reply" ignores 下げ(=sage).
>>
>>81023635
>Am I ngmi if I'm struggling with linked lists?
If you're a CS major you should absolutely bail now.
>>
>>81025653
Thanks anon.
>>
How do you bypass age verification on YouTube? I'm logged into my shitposting account, it is not verified, and I certainly don't intend to provide any of my personal information to Google.
>>
How do i use tiktok on an emulator without it detecting it.
>>
how to get vlan information of an interface on linux
>>
hello why is mpv (android) on acid? :DDD?
>>
>>81026711
Fuck off
>>
>>81026743
what the fuck!
I just want to know why it is like this
it plays okay in vlc but i do not want to use vlc
>>
>>81026711
Because your hardware decoder sucks.
Install MXPlayer.
>>
>>81027169
xiaomi is best in the world
also work fine in vlc
>>
>>81027230
vlc uses a software decoder, not hardware.
>>
I can't get this nginx rule which redirects from http to https to work
    server {
server_name domain.com www.domain.com;
access_log /var/log/nginx/http_to_https.txt access;

listen 80;
listen [::]:80;

return 301 https://domain.com$request_uri;
}

However if I access http://domain.com/ it doesn't redirect, it's like the website is dead, whats up with that?
>>
>>81027241
any downside to software decoder?
>>
>>81027502
Software decoder is CPU heavy and bloatier but plays any video just fine, Hardware decoder plays everything using the minimal amount of resources but your Chipset/GPU decoder has to support the format you want to play.
>>
I need to test a printer and cant think of anything around 15 pages to print out. what should I print? this is at work btw
>>
>>81027611
Bee movie script.
>>
>>81025508
No, they suck since they use the cheapests parts possible, often come with malware (chink boxes), are anemic as fuck (Cheap chinkshit rockcom and 905 chipset clones) and not enough RAM (1-2GB).
And they all die thanks to lack of cooling after a month or two.
>>
Clover version 3.0.2 when browsing on data, usually works fine and was working this morning. Please help
>>
>>81027757
Your carrier is blocking the 4chan API maybe.
>>
>>81021672
How do I make websites use the US version of sites instead of the version for whatever country I'm in? I use Firefox btw.
t. American in Germany
>>
With LPDDR4x at 4266mhz with CL36 being a thing, how come there isn't some kind of equivalent cheap DDR4 DIMM version of that with high frequency and loose timings to use on APUs. Just something to eliminate the bandwidth bottleneck for the iGPU. I mean for fucks sake, vega 8 and vega 11 are so bandwidth starved at 3200mhz, that they perform 99% the same. Can't we have something with like 4400CL38?
>>
>>81027871
sometimes changing the domain from .de to .com will do the trick, but a lot of websites use your IP to set the language, for that you'd either have to use a VPN or get used to google translating whatever you need.

Alternatively, learn German. Think of it like a programming language except for humans
>>
Will my hard drive of my old computer work with my new built computer if i swap them out?
>>
>>81027936
Yes
>>
>>81024302
GNATFAM
>>
>>81027977
Thank you.
>>
>>81027936
>W10 1607 and later
Yes.
>Older
Might not work, specially if you are going from Intel to AMD.
>>
>>81021672

Looking for the cheapest newsgroup service and i think i found it.
v1per_news_c00m
I have a very slow but to my knowledge unlimited internet service, So I'm looking for something to casually download PDFs or anything I can find on torrent sites
in the background and the above seems to be as cheap as you can get. does anybody have any experience with that provider.
i used a newsgroups casually in the past probably 5 years ago so im not sure if its anymore complicated than it was in the past.
>>
>>81021992
Anyone?
>>
My microwave is bugging out like there's metal in it but there's none in there. Is it fucked?
>>
>>81028507
might be fucked; might also need a clean. Rust or a build up of stains, limescale or just general substances might be causing it. If you've already tried cleaning it with oven cleaner then it's probably easier to buy a new one than it is to repair your existing one
>>
Why does it take 5 minutes to move 50GB of Data but 2 hours for 400 GB?
>>
What's a good antivirus? Malwarebytes? Does Glasswire work? Do I even need one?
>>
>>81021672
Good program for writers and universe creators? I remember a few years ago a program that looked neat but was paid, that was shilled to death on youtube. It was kinda like Joplin but very well tailored for this specific task.

>>81028800
Probably because of the amount of files.
10 5gb files will move faster than 10000 5mb files.
>>
>>81029019
It's movies around 5 GB per file though
>>
>>81029032
There are 80 5gb files in 400gb. It works the same way, the more files to move, the more it will take.
>>
>>81028925
You don't need anything other than windows defender.
>>
Is there any way to make an anonymous jewtube account anymore?
>>
I have a 700+ song playlist on my android phone, is there anyway to transfer that to my pc? I don't want to have to remake it.
>>
>>81021672
My external HDD transfer speeds are absolute trash and I’ve got 3tb+ worth of torrents and such that I’m now forced to sort because I’ve run out of space to lazily pile them away. I’m on an old gaming toaster running win7 with two internal SSDs for OS needs & one internal HDD for vidya I don’t uninstall. The other six odd external HDDs are connected by either docks, USB hubs or directly into the USB port at any given moment.
I recognize that I’ve been mismanaging my throughput for all of this time but even when I unplug everything and only use two HDDs plugged directly into the back ports I still only get 30mb/s speeds. Is there any way I’ll be able to optimize my USB 3.0 to get at least 100-200mb/s transfer speeds for large files?
>>
>>81029058
Still it's 100MB+ for the first 40GB then it goes down to 30MB
>>
Do I need the entire boost library just to use one part? The hpp file I need depends on other boost files but surely I don't need the entire thing.
>>
Can anyone help? I just updated my windows 10 20H2 version to the most recent microsoft patch and now my bios is bricked I think.

z170A motherboard showing a 00 error code now after installing the latest windows update.
>>
Alright here we go
I've heard the issue with creating faster CPUs is that they need to make the [whatevers] smaller, so they can fit more [whatevers] on the chip. There's also an issue where they've made them so small, that the electrons apparently pass over or through some kind of "gate" or some shit.
Anyways, if they're trying so hard to fit as many [whatevers] as they can on the chip, why not just...make the CPU bigger? Is there any reason CPUs have to be the size they currently are?
>>
>>81029132
Using Poweramp shows me this, can export playlists to individual folders then transfer it across
>>
>>81029957
Forgot image
>>
>>81024771
You could potentially use locality sensitive hashing in a python script, but I don't know of anyone trying to do that for diverse filetypes. Normally you'd use something like chromaprint for audio comparison. LSH for text (and it might work on PDF etc to some extent). Reduce pictures to colour histograms and simple block hashes for comparison. I've done this for audio and pictures, never tried to adapt it for "all other files". I think it would take a lot of tweaking per file type to get good results.
>>
File: 1594910773016.jpg (47 KB, 773x935)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>81021672
There is no Android General so I'll ask here.

What is a good Manga reader? I used to have the "premium" version of Manga Rock years ago but they bailed and I don't have the nerve to download and test every single reader out there. Something similar to MR would be nice.
>>
>>81030331
tachiyomi is the main one people use on android
>>
>>81030409
Let me guess, not on the Play Store?
>>
Is there a decent free VPN for firefox that won't trip up facebook when I try to make a throwaway account?
>>
Any electrical engineers in? What's it actually like working as one? How practical is the job?
I loathe the idea of being stuck at a desk all day
>>
I've never OC'd before, but I'm trying to OC a Ryzen 3700x. Both ClockTuner and Ryzen Master show the system stable at 4350Mhz and 1.35V, and Cinebench shows a 6% increase over stock. (4860 stock vs 5146 OC).

The thing is, though, looking at Ryzen Master and BIOS, it looks like AMD's default voltage is apparently 1.43125V, which according to everything I've seen online, is outrageously high. In fact, CTR won't even let me set it to 1.375V; I get an error saying it's an "unsafe voltage."

So my question is, who do I believe? CTR and keep it at 1.35V, or AMD and see how far I can push it with the same stock voltage of 1.43125V?
>>
File: 1616789991689 Dudeface.png (700 KB, 1920x1080)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
>>81030409
>>81030520
Nvm, found it on Github. Thanks a lot fren!
>>
Where can I get a copy of the facebook data breach?
>>
i know this is weird but I dont want an answer, just a clue:

Recently installed a driver for my usb nic on Debian based Linux distro. Someone thought itd be neato to connect the integrated nic to a 2.4ghz and the adapter nic to the 5ghz on the same WAP.
Since then, my linux distro has dropped the integrated nic (not recognized in ifconfig) although the usb nic is detected fine.
integrated nic is fully operational on Windows and I feel retarded for not knowing immediately how to remediate it in my linux distro.

Can someone call me a retard constructively enough to push me in the right direction?
>>
>>81029818
They do, but to answer your question on a technical level: multiple reasons

1. Larger chips mean less chips because the wafer stays the same size, no matter what you put on it.
2. You waste more of the wafer because you cannot block out more of the wafer (circle) with larger dies (squares).
3. You get lower yields because a single imperfection on the wafer compromises a larger die (=area)
4. Larger dies don't clock as high as smaller dies because the electrons have to move through ever longer connections in larger dies and it might happen that the CPU sends the next clock before the last one fully completed (=can cause instabilities).

The first 3 make large dies more expensive btw. AMD tried to mitigate all of this with chiplets while Intel sat on their fat asses and laughed about AMDs "glued together chips". Meanwhile they had to cut down their i9 from 10 to 8 cores because they couldn't fit more onto a single die. The Rocket Lake Flaggship is Intel's biggest Mainstream Chip ever with a surface area of fucking 270mm^2. The only reasons they could produce such fuckhueg dies are that 14nm is mature as fuck with ungodly good yield rates AND that Intel is pulling a Broadwell like limited production run with Rocket Lake.
>>
>>81026224
Want to comment? Take it laying down.
Want to watch stuff? Vanced or put the link into VLC/Media Player of your choice or YT-DL.
>>
>>81029818
How far does light travel in 1/(5*10^9) seconds?
>>
>>81021672
>torrent shows 900+ seeders on sukebei
>start downloading
>has like 12
Why does this happen?
>>
>>81030671
Wait the hacker just leaked the info on the Internet for no reason?
>>
Where should I ask for recommendations for a prostate vibrator and other sexual paraphernalia?
>>
I'm doing SEED Labs abt RSA Public-Key encryption and I got the last task successfully; mod_exp matches hashed. But Idk how to explain and show. Can anyone help?
>>
What could cause laptop to be slow as fuck? Even entered in bios, there is delay when you push a button and reaction. Coretemp shows 38 degrees.
>>
Anons, if i get 3600mhz x2 ram memory and my amd motherboard only accepts 3200mhz max, will the motherboard limit the frequency to 3200mhz without problem?
they are some DT60 ram btw
>>
>>81032202
Yeah, no problem at limiting it to 3200Mhz. Yet you could run it at 3600 with factory settings.
>>
Looking to learn to code as a hobby to learn to build my own software and automation. I've decided to learn three languages. Python, Javascript, and Kotlin. Any recommendations on books or tutorials? Just got my copy of Learn Python the Hard Way so that's my starting point.
>>
>>81031725
/d/ has an anal general. Also try /ona/ on /jp/ or the occasional 'Fantasy toy general' on /trash/ if you're feeling real adventurous.
>>
I dropped my phone onto my laptop from less than a foot, and a blue screen popped up saying 'we're sorry, there has been an error, collecting data, then restarting'. Then it restarted. That laptop doesn't move much, but it's at least 6 years old. Seems to be working fine after restart, but haven't tried to bump it again. Is this a 'don't panic, probably easily fixable', or a 'dip into savings to buy a new one asap'
>>
>>81032607
Cheerio
>>
I genuinely don't understand why my router, that has both 5ghz and 2.4ghz channel, keeps dropping voice connection on the 5ghz. In any conversation program (teamspeak, discord, teams, zoom etc.) both my voice and the others would drop for 5 seconds at a fixed interval, usually 30 seconds, the same thing doesn't happen on 2.4ghz and doesn't happen when connected with the ethernet.
>>
>>81032644
Use a bluescreen viewer and see the latest log, most likely the shock caused a fan to stop working or your HDD.
>>
What's the best program to open a .swf file with now that Flash is dead?
>>
>>81032925
Wifi is a clusterfuck. It could be about your PC's wireless adapter.
>>
File: 1612124656458.jpg (136 KB, 1024x1002)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
any reason why my r5 3600 keeps jumping from 2-3.something GHz all the time?
is it just HWmonitoring being shit or is that normal for ryzen CPUs?

and yeah the temperature also goes from 20C to 40C every other second with an arctic cooler.
>>
>>81033350
thats just how modern cpu's work, no point in running at full frequency with no load, also temperature jumps are normal, my 3600 jumps 10c in a second on a 250W tdp air cooler
>>
>>81033376
>also temperature jumps are normal
how the fuck is that normal?
something being shit sure as hell shouldn't be considered normal.
>>
>>81033407
thats just how zen2 works, all new amd cpu's do that
>>
>>81033407
also this happens because chiplets are so dense that its impossible to dissipate heat from them fast enough (soldered ihs is the heat barrier)
>>
>>81033350
>>81033407
Is this the first time you are monitoring CPU temperatures?
>>
File: idle.png (19 KB, 520x371)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>81033440
he is kinda right tho, old cpu's didnt do that (at least not this much), also muh 60c idle
>>
File: ssd2.jpg (60 KB, 911x547)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Is this bitch dying
>>
>>81033566
maybe you have a few years left or maybe it will die tomorrow, make a backup. also enable ahci faggot
>>
>>81033602
>enable ahci faggot
I thought it's enabled
>>
>>81033615
your screenshot says its ATA
>>
>>81033440
no
>>
how do I choose which wifi starts up and logs in on boot
I'm on FreeBSD
I have a panda wifi dongle and integrated wifi, now it starts with integrated connected at boot
>>
>>81033628
it's set to AHCI in the bios
>>
>>81023635
Unless you are part of a discriminated-against minority: Give up.
If you are struggling with something as basic as that, CS isn't for you.
>>
What's a good router to buy? Something that'll last a while. I was looking at the TP-Link AX6000, how is it?
>>
>>81030833
check if iw can see your device and if there's anything in dmesg complaining about wireless. it is possible for kernel drivers to conflict with each other or for a driver to grab a device it doesn't handle before the proper thing can. If the kernel sees both interfaces then it's a higher-level problem
>>
is there a way to delete all comments (lines that start with an #) at once in VIM?
>>
>>81034093
mikrotik if you want to fuck around with your router, tp link should just werk
>>
File: 102474174_DL200.jpg (12 KB, 500x287)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
I still got this piece of DVD home cinema - Samsung ht-dl200 - which last time I've tested is still working.
Question is just how fucking obsolete is this these days?
I just fucking wish it could have S/PDIF input, so I could use this audio output for 5.1. However I am limited to RCA audio input.
Does western civilization still watches DVD stuff. I still got some crt tvs for old consoles.
>>
I just updated the nix package manager to nix-2.3.10-x86_64-unknown-linux-musl, from nix-2.3.10.
I'm trying to do nix-channel --update but I get the message warning: don't know how to open https://nixos.org/channels/nixpkgs-unstable.
Is that normal? Do I have to use another unstable channel?
>>
How exhentai checks the cookies from other domain to allow access to it?
I don't know much of web programming, but the little I know is that you can't use cookies from other domains and exhentai does that. You have to login in other site to use it. How that work?
>>
So how is internet with a PLC, instead of cable directly to the modem? Specially on a PC with Linux? Its at least better than a WIFI conection?
>>
File: TorLogo.png (74 KB, 1200x725)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
Is it safe to use tor on clear web? I dont wanna use it for going on the deep web or anything I genuinely just want an added layer of protection on my browsing, but I've heard that going on onion links can run some scripts that might be malicious, just wanna make sure that sort of thing doesnt happen on the clear web.
>>
I have 2 faulty psu's, both different brand with their own kind of clips on each of the cables. My current new psu has enough stuff in the box so I don't need anything.

Would people be interested in those left over cables? As in are they useful to some people if I put an advert online that they can pick them up for free? Or should I just throw it all int he garbage can?
>>
>>81036032
It's not safe to run untrusted JavaScript ever. Tor is only safe to use for https or onion links. Exit node operators can change unencrypted traffic however they like.
>>
>>81036165
so is it safe to use on the clear web? Like just searching things up on duckduck go? checking out forums and shit like that?
>>
>>81036165
What counts as untrusted javascript?
>>
File: Crucial-P2-1TB.jpg (574 KB, 1500x1000)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
Is it safe to put my backup stuff before a format on a M.2 SSD assuming I won't format or install the OS on that drive?
Should I treat it like any other HDD?
How long do these chips last? Do they have any safety features from getting erased by power or hardware failure?
>>
Do I need a special display port cable for 280hz @ 1080p? All the ones I'm finding say 240hz.
>>
is my ISP fucking with me?

starting about 5 days ago, i stopped being able to connect to very specific things on the internet. thunderbird doesnt work at all, soulseek downloads get aborted after seconds (im certain its not a problem within soulseek) and i can not connect to any multiplayer game servers, while everything else is completely fine. im getting the feeling that my ISP is blocking certain things. ive tried downloading 3 different VPNs to verify this, but all of them werent compatible with my version of windows for some reason.
is there any way to verify this? and if theyre doing it, what can i do?
>>
>>81035852
>you can't use cookies from other domains
Unless you have enabled some sort of same-origin-policy, you can.
How did you think tracking cookies work?
>>
How do I stop being autistic about storage? I have a few SSDs and a HDD and I don't let them get over 50% capacity, even though that's the sole purpose they're built for. Also is it still a general rule of thumb not to go over 90% capacity or have things changed, reading results on Google for SSDs specifically mention 20% is the sweetspot
>>
>>81036032
If it's purely for an extra layer/tracking purposes it's fine. Maybe a bit overkill, you can change the level of protection (JavaScript) in the settings.

>>81036043
You might find some people need a specific cable, you aren't really supposed to mix and match cables from PSUs so unless you're buying more models that are the same I'd probably bin them

>>81036787
Start with the basics assuming you've not changed anything. Reset windows network settings, reset router, try a different device, even a smartphone. The game servers is a strange one, check NAT and port forwarding. As for the VPNs not being compatible with Windows that is truly bizarre, what were they and what is your windows version?
>>
>>81037413
>is it still a general rule of thumb not to go over 90% capacity
Underprovisioning was a thing with ancient SSDs, idk why exactly. For HDDs its meaningless, were you trying to avoid fragmentation or what?

>reading results on Google for SSDs specifically mention 20% is the sweetspot
Sweetspot for what?
>>
>>81036787
you ISP still has to send you an email before they start messing with your service. check your inbox before you reset everything
>>
>>81033182
anybody? please?
>>
>>81037603
Mostly for fragmentation/performance/temporary files. I read that SSDs slow down the less space they have, even with the allocated space not available to the user
>>
>>81037704
https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

Download one of these and run the swf file through it.
>>
File: bootableUSB.jpg (70 KB, 1680x840)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
New to the whole bootable USB thing, but how does it work? Lets say I install tails OS on a USB of mine, and I have a windows 10 laptop, I can run tails OS off the laptop when I plug in the USB, and when I'm done with it and shut it off and unplug the usb I can still access windows 10 on my laptop?
>>
>>81037756
Yes that's exactly how it works with Live usbs, anything you do Tails will be lost on shutdown unless you specifically save it to the persistent storage. You will need to tell your laptop to boot from the USB too.
>>
>>81037266
Thanks for the reply. Since I'm learning webdev, I went there and took a look with the browser inspector.
exhentai and e-hentai use cookies with the same name/value (member_id and pass_hass), but with different domain.
I guess it's something server side, even after loging out from e-hentai forum, exhentai works fine as long you keep the cookies (or it expires).
So it looks like its unrelated to same-origin-policy. I was thinking it was some JS fuckery or something.
>>
>>81037791
Is tails safe to browse TOR with? I've always wanted to, but have been too much of a pussy to do so, is there a way I can run my VPN on tails or no need to?
>>
>>81037874
I never looked into how exhentai does it in detail, but wouldn't it be easily possible to have the browser load a file from exhentai on login to e-hentai, and then set the ex-cookie alongside?
>>
>>81037956
Tails is a recommended OS to browse Tor. Much safer than Windows, however it depends heavily on Tors settings and what exactly you're doing/looking for, IIRC staff at the Tor project recommend not using a VPN along with the browser. Unless you have something specific in mind Tor is just a huge database of slow, dead links.
>>
>>81037723
Unless it's a qlc drive or crazy old, you would never notice a speed difference by filling your SSD most of the way up. I try not to leave them over 80%, but it's not a hard rule. Also that only a write speed issue. Most of what you'd care about is read speed. And fragmentation is a non issue on SSDs.
>>
>>81038007
If tails is recommended to browse with TOR what about my IP? Obviously tor encrypts it, but will my ISP know? I'm not in it to do anything illegal I just want to see what's out there, it has always fascinated me that the clear web isnt all the internet has to offer.
>>
>>81038144
Yes they will know.

> it has always fascinated me that the clear web isnt all the internet has to offer

The dark net is pretty tiny. Only made up of a few thousand machines at a time. The deep web is absolutely ginormous, and dwarfs anywhere you could go with google. It's just harder to get to, which is the point.
>>
>>81038216
Shouldnt I use a VPN on TailsOS then so my ISP doesnt know? Sorry if these are obvious things trying to understand these sorts of things better.
>>
File: 1498002731839.png (382 KB, 565x508)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>crtl+f /fag/ 0 results
Whats the best site to download cracked shit on macos?
I'm specifically looking for full version of Capo 4.1.1 to run it on VM with Sierra 10.12 but I don't know where to start.
I've heared theres magnet containing it but I could't find it in the archives.
Only version I found that's "cracked" is Capo_3.8.1_TNT but its trial version and is missing a few key features.
Keep in mind I have no experience with macOS at all.
>>
>>81038288
There's an explainer in the official docs about what a VPN will do. Which shirt you wear on the outside matters. For the config you're talking about you would need the VPN to be on another device, or tails to be in a VM, which is not recommended. Most people just accept that their internet provider knows.
>>
Someone is offering to swap his 6800xt for my 3070, both reference. Should I go for it lads? this seems like a good deal.
>>
>>81038351
I see, so its not really a good idea to actually install a VPN on tails OS and if possible I could just install my VPN on my router or something and then my ISP wouldnt know that sort of thing? should I be worried about them knowing that I use tor or not really? I dont wanna get in trouble just for browsing stuff, and experiencing the web to the fullest potential.
>>
File: interject.png (220 KB, 1000x1500)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>>81038172
>>
>>81038144
>>81038216

ISP will be able to see you're connecting to a Tor entry node, but nothing else. They can't see specific sites or content, a VPN is unnecessary but if it makes you feel safer go ahead.
>>
File: Tyson.jpg (40 KB, 517x366)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>81038491
So with tails I dont need a VPN, and I'll be alright? A VPN is just a hat on a hat at that point?
>>
>>81038391
>so its not really a good idea to actually install a VPN on tails
It achieves a different objective. It does not affect what your ISP sees.

>should I be worried about them knowing
That's your call. It's not illegal. Presumably you're not doing anything illegal.

>experiencing the web to the fullest potential
You're just visiting a small club of computers where there's some anonymity and people get away with more illegal or frowned upon shit. Otherwise you're not missing much, unless you're on the insane mission to be a completion on the internet.
>>
>>81038491
Just to add to this, your ISP will not care if you use Tor, especially if they are a major one. There's not an alarm that goes off in the building if you connect to a node and they do not actively monitor connections.

The only way any kind of negative action will be taken against you is if you do something illegal and walk into a trap set by the authorities, in which case they will request logs from your ISP, which will only show you connecting to an entry node and nothing else, your ISP is not "out to get you", they want your money.

Those horror stories you read of people being arrested are top tier brainlets who interact on the network, order things and spill real information about themselves. If you're a tourist looking around and not posting anything you'll be safe.
>>
>>81038554
>It achieves a different objective. It does not affect what your ISP sees.
It'd just encrypt my data right? so they'd still see something but just not what it is, but at the same time isnt that what tor does?
>>
>>81038633
Either your ISP will know you're using a VPN and websites you visit will know you're using TOR, or the other way around. The encryption is about keeping the paths in between secure from snooping and interference.
>>
>>81021672
does anyone know what a good printer to get would be, preferably one that could be easily repaired/long lasting, with reusable carts that i could fill with ink or the next best thing.
I imagine it would be on the older side of things.
cheers
>>
Whats the best way I can download all the webms from one thread into a zip? I found an extension called 4channel downloader but it hasnt been updated in 2-3 years so it doesnt work anymore.
>>
I'm trying to get myself away from document databases and into a nice relational system. Can anyone point to an article that deals with SQL conceptually? I don't want to read about SQL syntax or how to use the tools, I want to understand how abstractions work.

It's very easy to visualize and map out my data in a big nested object, as per document database. But I don't know how to visualize it in tables. I feel like there's a few key concepts that would clear it all up.
>>
Why hasn't 4chan used VP9 encoding?
>>
Is there something like vimperator or pentadactyl for android browsers? I use samsung DEX and I hate using a mouse. I can create shortcuts for general DE usage, but nothing spectacular either, so I guess my second question would be is there some sort of tilingWM that can be applied to android and used as a desktop enviornment whenever I want.
>>
>>81039069
why should it?
>>
>>81039188
It has better video quality and reduces the bitrate required
>>
>>81039286
It also decreases compatibility and requires more resources to encode/decode.
>>
>>81039329
I don't wanna fuck it up in ffmpeg everytime
>>
daz loader isnt downloading for me from the pastebin and the other tool isnt working
help
>>
>>81039329
this, also we can't just jump ship to google's latest kikery. Why not AV1? Why not HEVC? Standard jumping contributes nothing of use. If you can't download 3mb WEBMs get a better internet connection
>>
>>81039409
r*ddit/r/Piracy/wiki/guides/win10upgrade_activation
>>
I am trying to read introduction to algorithms but I still feel like I can't understand half of this shit, is there anything I should've read prior to this book or should I simply read it more carefully?
>>
Will a M.2 drive work if its the only hard drive i use?
>>
>>81040211
It'll work even if it isn't.
>>
>>81040222
Okay. I mean I can install my OS on it as my only drive?
>>
>>81040250
If there's nothing on it.
>>
>>81040250
Yes
>>
Best way to format all drives for a clean installation? Format all storage drives in windows then reboot and format my OS drive in the windows setup?
>>
/fglt/ crosspost

I deleted a libinput folder in my home folder and after reboot I can't use my touchpad or trackpad anymore.
how can I call up a terminal and then how can I fix this?
I'm on debian btw.
>>
Is there any unofficial app to make tiktok better on Android? It doesn't even let me sort videos by views or download them.
>>
>>81040310
>>81040311
Thanks yous.
>>
>>81029290
How to transfer files faster on external HDDs plz. Also wondering how to enable longer file paths on win7, will probably opt for a solution through python.
>>
>>81040328
You don't need to format anything except the host drive. Just make sure the other drives are physically detached while you're doing it.
>>
A 9900k couldn't possibly bottleneck a 3080, right?
>>
>>81040211
>>81040250
Windows 7 and older operating systems may lack the ability boot from NVMe. Presumed your M.2 drive is NVMe and not SATA.
>>
>>81040458
Its the one the size of a stick of gum.
>>
can i upgrade the cpu of my t420s like i would be able to with a normal t420?
what can i use?
>>
so i was following these instructions to unbrick my phone and i realized that its 'locked'

how do i unfuck my shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqVhugWJidQ&t=3s

.t ape
>>
I'm working on a video project that has 5.1 surround. What format is best for 5.1 audio, MP4 or MKV?
>>
What is the worst laptop I can get that shares Zoom videos smoothly?
>>
hey /g/
I'm doing research and I'm looking through different types of anonymous web browsing and I can't remember 1 and it's bugging me.

Tor
i2p
zeronet

There's another one and I can't think of it. It works off of IP address I think. I think a rabbit is the logo. I can't remember what it is. If you're wondering why, I'm just learning how they work and seeing what all they can do. I know what can be on them don't worry about that. I have no interest in the bad side.
>>
File: Freenet.png (20 KB, 450x253)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>81041954
Freenet. But you don't browse the internets thru it as the are no "exit nodes".
Too bad it's not used as a composite network with Tor for example, would be great if Tor services did the dynamic service part of things and Freenet was for the static content.
>>
Retard here

I want to make a Java program to read 2 .txt files
that the user will locate from cmd and then make a txt file for the combination of them alphabetically and without repetitions
Here's what I've done so far
public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
if (args.length != 4) {
System.out.println(
"Usage: java MergeFiles file1 file2 mergedFile");
System.exit(1);

}
File file1 = new File(args[0]);
if (!file1.exists()) {
System.out.println("file1 " + args[0] + " does not exist!");
System.exit(1);
}
File file2 = new File(args[1]);
if (!file2.exists()) {
System.out.println("file2 " + args[1] + "does not exist!");
System.exit(2);
}
// Check if target file exists
File targetFile = new File(args[2]);
if (targetFile.exists()) {
System.out.println("Target file " + args[1] + " already exists");
System.exit(3);
}
String outputt = "";

// Create input and output files
Scanner input1 = new Scanner(file1);
Scanner input2 = new Scanner(file2);
PrintWriter output = new PrintWriter(targetFile);
while (input1.hasNext() || input2.hasNext()) {
outputt += input1.next() + " " + input2.next();
outputt += "\n";
>>
>>81042036
isn't args[0] usually the name of the program? Or does java do something different here?
>>
>>81042031
Yeah, free net, I found it googling as well.
Ever found anything worthwhile on the network?
>>
I've never used dashchan before, how do I use it? Can't go to any board
>>
>>81042071
No it supposed to be the directory of the file file1.txt I guess
>>
>>81042148
in most languages args[0] is the name of the program itself. But you can try printing it out to make sure. After all, you're making sure that args has 4 items, but you're only using items 0 through 2, so something looks off there.
>>
>>81042136
How can I add boards?
>>
how do i rip flacs out of a bin+cue archive
>>
Are all mediocre--decent VPS bought as a service, or is there sth for poorfags too?
>>
>>81041007
guys pls or else i buy a pocophone
>>
File: IMG_8742.jpg (98 KB, 1276x988)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>81021672
me want to buy new laptop. me currently have lenovo ideapad.
>NO i will not learn to use linux
>NO i will not build me own computer
>NO i will not buy some 10 year old refurbished model from some ebay scammer
>NO i will not stop frogposting
I don't need to play vidya or do anything too crazy. I'm willing to spend up to 1000 for something that will last for years, but would rather spend closer to 4-500.
any suggestions bros?
>>
What are the "essential filter lists" for ublock? I have these 3:

>Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking
>I don't care about cookies
>Web Annoyances Ultralist
>>
OBS question

i want to record video/audio from a certain website, but while I'm recording it, I don't want to hear it in my headset. I've tried using voicemeeter banana but it doesn't seem to work. I want to be able to just mute OBS but if I do that, then all sound ceases to be recorded...
>>
>>81042502
If you're planning on doing normie shit like web browsing or calendar/notes get one with an ARM cpu, otherwise get an x86 CPU.
>>
>>81042908
what kind of laptop doe?
>>
File: 1604632750342.png (169 KB, 535x843)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
I'm trying to download a BBC News video and for the fucking life of me I can't figure it out. Over the years I've gotten pretty decent at picking apart pages to find video URLs despite being a retard but this has me stumped. When I open the inspection window there's no .mp4 or .webm or something similarly easy. Okay, fine. I move to the network tab and re-load the page, still no paydirt. I open the embed url and do the same thing - nothing. I let the video play and a gorillion fucking JS calls start scrolling down the screen in the network tab and I still can't find a .m38u or anything that I could stick into a program successfully. I found a blob link in page info but couldn't get anything to parse it. I tried a couple of extensions for firefox and chrome which managed to successfully parse the link and get me a list of files, but they returned dozens of tiny .mp4 files, just like what showed when I had the network tab open. When downloaded, these fail to render in any player. I've tried to find how other people download blob videos but they all seem to be some variation on "just find the .m3u8 lmao" or "use this browser extension".

Does anyone have advice for this? Link is here.
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/av-embeds/tori-52833098
>>
File: 1558573117166.gif (967 KB, 245x250)
967 KB
967 KB GIF
What's the power difference between a 3070 and a 3080?
>>
What is the best browser extension for managing cookies with high granularity like whitelisting specific cookie? I currently have Firefox setup to purge all cookies on exit but this is a bit annoying.
>>
Where would I go about learning how to program? And if I were to pick a language to study would I be able to easily pick up others?
>>
What are the best CLI torrent clients for windows?
>>
computer will no longer turn on. I hit the power button and the fans cut on for a second and I hear a small electrical whir and then they cut off again. as long as I have my power supply switched on it will continue trying to do this every few seconds but never succeeds in cutting on completely. ive tried to use 3 different outlets and they all do the same

is my power supply fucked?
>>
File: college wifi kill me now.png (660 KB, 2259x1569)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
I live on campus for uni
this started becoming a problem about two months ago

some fuckin faggot who also lives on campus continues to spam "Biden won" and blacked porn on various boards

please recommend a VPN or something so I can sidestep this faggotry
>>
I have a Dell Optiplex 3020 that has 2 ram ports, came with 4gb ram, a couple of months ago I bought an 8 gb ram stick for it. Can I just take out one of the 2gb sticks and put in the 8 for a a total of 10 and will it work? Or if I have to can I take out both of the 2 gb sticks and just use the 8gb one? Or do both ports have to have ram plugged in?
>>
Does a way to download Youtube videos exist?

Googling it just takes me to fishy websites.

I swear I used to have a Chrome addon that let me do this but can't find it anymore.
>>
>>81043949
all addons for YT downloads got nuked a while back
shady websites are whats available as far as I can tell

there might be a tool (like one you fuckin buy) that some professional content thief fags use but if there is I havent heard of it
>>
>>81043949
>>81043995
The correct answer is youtube-dl.
>>
>>81043775
Use your own phone data to shitpost.
Why the fuck would you wanna post on this site with an academic connection?
And stop using that post formatting it's retarded.
>>
Whats a VPN I can use on TailsOS?
>>
>>81043896
pls help
>>
>>81044153
you dont have to use a vpn with tor
but mullvad is a good one
>>
>>81044153
>on TailsOS
I get the impression you didn't understand anything we said before.
>>
>Found one of my old laptops from a decade ago
>HDD fits perfectly well on my new laptop
>Try to assign a letter but Win10 won't let me
>Want to take a trip down memory lane
what do?

It seems I can't mount it. How do I work around this without booting on a usb ubuntu?
>>
>>81044692
Tried using diskpart on cmd for said hdd and it says "there are no volumes" ???
>>
Why is my university so shitty anons?
They still teach flash (cs6) and action-script even after it's been deprecated.
>>
File: 1602503065926.jpg (43 KB, 686x603)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Any benefits for using LineageOS over stock rom on a phone that's already on android 10?
>>
The tinder app on my phone has lost the ability to actually 'open' anyone's profile and the ability to search through my matches no longer exists. The match 'counter' has gone too.

Are these all new features, or is my app fucked? I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but it still happens.
>>
is there a good deezer crack that allows FLAC streaming? i have found decent ones for spotify but never for deezer.
>>
>>81021672
my professor was trying to explain "scrum" to us and it sounds fucking retarded, is this shit really used in the industry?
>>
File: glitchy.png (1.5 MB, 1882x850)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
Having this weird thing happen on my laptop where sometimes a window will distrort and look like this, but it will only be for that window (and if it's on browser it will only be for one tab) and the effect will go away if you resize the window or refresh it. Anyone have a clue what could be going on, it's not a big issue I"m just worried about it getting worse
>>
Tools for fixing stuff around the house? Screwdriver set mainly but other ideas welcome. My current chinkshit is deformed.
>>
File: 1596741895346.jpg (54 KB, 600x593)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
beside DDoS protection, what's a reason to use CloudFlare?
>>
out of the lenovo 2-in-1 computers, which one should i buy? and is there a cheaper option that's still about as good, and has a touchscreen?
link: https://www.lenovo (.) com/us/en/laptops/c/LAPTOPS#type=TYPE_ATTR1
>>
>>81021672
https://stillnessinthestorm.com/

https://www.bitchute.com/video/V1YbsIjWNkLn/

https://www.brighteon.com/db5b19b4-d49b-428f-ad28-1e699f370b7f

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sVLCYMezi0

https://www.outofshadows.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDliTIUq_uw

http://finalwakeupcall.info/en/2021/04/07/total-extinction-of-mankind-is-close/
>>
>>81045374
woops meant for /csg/.
>>
Why does Filmora take my whole scree? Everything is fine except this retarded shit. I didn't mess with resolution or scaling or whatsoever btw
>>
File: bobogaga.png (232 KB, 1920x1080)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>81045719
For reference, this what the whole screen looks like
>>
>>81045392
load times improved by 0.1% by their caching and other features
ability to use their fake https if you're too dumb to set it up on your server
idk. sign up and see if any of the features look interesting to you
>>
>>81045798
so nothing?
because Nvidia and Xilinx both make network cards that do onboard DDoS protection.
>>
>>81021672
How do I use a VPN

I'm not joking
>>
>>81046221
OS?
>>
>>81046229
Windows 10 home
>>
Random programs have been crashing ever since i replaced my hard drive that had a page file on it. Games, web browser tabs crash, windows randomly have their contents disappear and replaced with a black screen and become frozen until i end task them
I tried making a new page file but it didnt do anything. Some programs seem to be entirely unaffected though and work fine for hours. What do?
>>
>>81046238
Start menu > VPN Settings.
Or download OpenVPN for Windows: https://openvpn.net/client-connect-vpn-for-windows/
>>
File: 61UhAcgFzRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (64 KB, 1212x1308)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Want to turn my PC into a wifi hotspot for the upstairs portion of my house. My PC has a wifi card already but it doesnt have enough range.
Will something like this help my issue ?
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-1200Mbps-TECHKEY-Wireless-Network-300Mbps/dp/B07J65G9DD
>>
>>81046271
Okay I will try, thank you so much
>>
>>81022705
use (calendar, todo apps, note apps) on your phone?
>>
>>81046266
>>/fwt/
>>
>>81046280
That is a bad solution. Get a second router.
>>
Can I put a tiddy mouse pad in the washing machine?
>>
>>81046280
do >>81046337 or look into wifi repeaters/extenders like https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Extender-RE315-1200Mbps-External/dp/B08RHD97QY
>>
The keyboard on my windows 10 pc is messed up. It's registering random inputs (or not registering any inputs at all). Thought it was my USB hub so I moved to another, same problem so I just plugged it directly into my computer. Still had the problem. I figured it might be my keyboard but I plugged it into my laptop (also win10) and I'm not having the problem there. Any ideas?
>>
>want to post snes gif on twitter
>it's like 2kb
>post it
>twitters compression butchers it
Best way around that?
Converting to mp4 didn't seem to make it clearer either.
Increasing the resolution of the gif by a lot, so the change is less noticeable? I don't like that, but I guess it works to just show it.
Uploading it elsewhere and linking? Ideally I'd want it to be seen on twitter without opening the link, so not sure which site is best there.
>>
>>81021672
What's the difference between a surgical imaging monitor and a regular monitor?
Was looking at a monitor and was reading the manual, seems like any other monitor
>>
how are the system76 laptops? considering buying one
>>
>>81046513
certifications, more inputs (usually BNC), warranty
>>
anyone still have /g/ good website list ?
>>
haven't checked the thread

has the new windows update caused an issue for anyone else? images load at half the speed
>>
>>81047107
I had my NIC go apeshit but that was about it.
Also, my GUI looks more like an enterprise box.
>>
any reason why my wireless doesn't work on my
router after internet went down Tuesday?
>>
File: image0-4.png (1.02 MB, 982x982)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
what is the next best site after mangadex on tachiyomi
>>
>>81023635
Dont listen to these jerks. I struggled with lls at the start too but it was ez by the time i revised for finals and im graduating CS now 2yrs later. Just stick with it and it'll click eventually. You can do anything you set your mind to. Faggot.
>>
How do I make 4chanX automatically watch threads instead of showing them at the top of the catalog?
>>
What's the easiest way to transfer a bunch of files between 2 computers?
>>
>>81044153
>>81044412
>>81044644
Literally any VPN, but as the other anon said are you the same person from earlier? Using a VPN on tor will make no difference other than you have now included a third party into the list of people who know you're using encryption that may or may not be logging you.
>>
>>81047763
Via LAN is same location. P2P/torrent if remote
>>
How do you get physical intimacy when you're single? Aside from dakimakura/pets/hos.
>>
>>81047763
Zip the files into a single zip and serve it via HTTP.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/simple-http-server/9nt5t97khpqg
For GNU/Linux there are many simple af HTTP servers available.
>>
when an installer has two .exes, like
>installer.exe
and
>installerx64.exe
i usually install the 64 one because that's the 64 bit version and 64 bit is better, but am i wrong?
>>
If I wanted to fuck around a BBS of my own, where would I find the software? I'm googling it and I don't really know what I'm looking for.
>>
How do I add threads to thread watcher with 4chan x
>>
>>81043896
>>81044288
anyone...?
>>
Is it possible to run a headless Windows 10?
>>
I'm looking for a sturdy table to put alongside my my chair so that I can have my mouse just in front of my armrest. Needs to be height-adjustable and maybe 30x30 surface space minimum. Any suggestions/recommendations? I looked into overbed (hospital) tables but they look like they wobble with use, or are otherwise $100+.
>>
>>81021672
is a bachelors in IT and CCNA enough to compete for a technical job in 2021?
how long do you think it would take to get a job with just these two?
>>
>>81045220
which sport?
>>
How do I disabled the flashing light next to the power button on my pc's case? I'm guessing somewhere in the bios right? Is there a way to do it through windows at all?
>>
>>81049782
There's no way afaik, I just put bits of electrical tape over them.

>>81049589 (Me)
Lectern desk is another term I just came across, if any anons get any leads then plz respond
>>
>>81049782
>flashing light next to the power button
if you mean the power light flashing in standby, you probably can't
i put a piece of paper behind mine to diffuse and dim this light so it doesn't light up my room (but i can still observe it if i want to)
you can unplug it entirely as well
>>
Do you store porn on Google drive? Has it ever been banned for it?
>>
File: big.png (21 KB, 528x386)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
Is this charge level normal? I don't normally use laptops.
>>
>>81049782
Disconnect the LED front panel connectors from your motherboard, there's usually one for power and another for HDD activity
>>
>>81050495
100%? Yes?
>>
>>81050586
No, the max of 569%.
>>
>>81049545
In a way, using an HDMI dummy plug.
>>
>>81050600
Could simply mean the sensor reading spiked, HWmonitor just converts numbers nothing more. Another one are temperature readings staying at 127 or 128 which is a round binary number.
>>
where can I upload a short video without making an account
>>
>>81050664
Damn. I'm troubleshooting my main PC and thought I narrowed the problem down to a shorting HDMI cord. Thanks.
>>
>snag a torrent via a magnet link
>internet connection shuts down
>no way to fix it except restarting
>restarting indeed fixes it
>reopen qBittorrent v3.3.7
>internet connection halts in mere minutes
>every other device is fine

No fucking way this is a coincidence. Are certain torrents/magnets bugged?! This never happened before! If it helps any, my OS is Windows 7 and the network adapter is a TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Adapter.
>>
frens, desparately need your help. How the fuck do I paralell finding the sum of the geometric progression?
>>
I'm having an issue with RAM speed. I'm on an MSI B450 board with a 3700x CPU. My RAM is 3200Mhz, but both BIOS and CPU-Z only read it as 2133Mhz, even with XMP on; it defaults to 2133Mhz. Manually trying to set it to 3200Mhz in BIOS results in an immediate crash, and I have to set it back to Auto, which obviously goes back to 2133. When I built the PC back in July, I remembered reading that there was an issue with either Zen2 processors or Ryzen mobos in general (can't remember which) that was causing RAM issues, so I largely forgot about it until now that I'm trying to OC my CPU. I've already updated my BIOS and updated my chipset drivers both to the latest stable release, but I'm still having the same issue.
>>
>>81050453
I've downloaded porn from Drive and it eventually was taken down by Google, but I never stored anything on Drive.
>>
Who balances load on load balancers?
>>
File: 1596090910046.jpg (2.42 MB, 1240x1754)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
Every time I go to ask a question in 1 of these threads it's about to die but

I want to buy a used laptop with touchscreen from Ebay and from what I gather the model number I'm looking at, some of them are built with multitouch displays and some of them aren't but like, what the fuck..

There's a specific one I'm looking for "Dell Latitude E6420" but I'm unsure if all of those ones were built with touch screen displays or not..I'm not trying to purchase this for myself but for my mother who cant operate a mouse, she only knows how to "poke at the screen"
>>
How do I get the touchpad gesture scroll on Sumatra pdf to be slower? Rn its way too sensitive.
>>
Got a web dev interview next week and they've asked to copies of my previous work. Thing is my previous work uses has a lot of back-end and won't be viewable without a server, how do I showcase that without having access to a server?
>>
>>81051288
Round robin DNS.
>>
>>81051735
That's a clever solution, thanks.
>>
I actually have a stupid question, where to download (especially learning) books for free as pdf.
I am starting to learn a new language and don't want to pay 70 bucks for each book, that I have to read and work with once just because my course uses it.
>>
Where do you guys find decent reviews for networking gear? I'm looking to potentially expand our home network to accomodate a future shift from coax to IP based CCTV. Along with that, I'd also add some network additions.
Mikrotik is a brand I'm interested in, but I'd like to make a proper educated purchase once the time is right.

>>81051820
irc.irchighway.net
#ebooks

That's my go-to
Otherwise look at the /lit/ sticky, few useful websites there as well.
What are you reading anyways? I'm looking for networking related recommendations.
>>
>>81051820
if you have the titles of the books, just googling the title with .pdf on the end will often return what you need. irc.irchighway.net and #ebooks may also have what you need, like the other anon said
>>
>>81051820
libgen
>>
>>81051253
Seems to be they just care about people distributing it.
>>
>>81051900
>>81051915
>>81052028
Thanks, but I haven't found these books anywhere, it never got released online, just in written form, so that could be the reason and it is a book for Germans to learn Chinese, not very common at all. Bad Luck, but thanks for the effort.

For tech related topics I normaly just get them at my Uni library and most of them even as a download now (cause of Covid, actually a upside of it)
>>
>>81043049
>pip3 install --user youtube_dl
>youtube-dl https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/av-embeds/tori-52833098
Does this work?
>>
>>81043173
Exactly 10^1.
>>
File: Image 8.png (47 KB, 1899x411)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>81053094
Nope. I tried that too. I guess I'll just have to play the video in fullscreen and use a capture device.
>>
is this the stupid questions thread?
>>
Looking for a cheap workstation to run Solidworks on for 3D printing. Using an X230 with GTX 670 eGPU currently and could use an upgrade.
Would a Lenovo S30 with Sandy Bridge Xeon E5-1620 v1 and 8GB RAM for $150 be a worthy upgrade? It has an Nvidia Quadro 2000D, but I can always install the GTX 670.
I don't play PC games, so basic Solidworks performance and overall value are my priorities.
>>
>>81050932
>Windows 7
Anyway. Yes, some ISP's do make a vague effort to flag torrents, but to my knowledge all they can do is send you a love letter. It's highly unlikely that the file had a virus, as it'd make zero sense for a virus to shut down your internet. It's more likely throttling. If you chew through a bunch of data really quick through your connection, it can get capped.
>>
>>81051300
>Mother who can't operate a mouse
Wut
But, check this out
>pcmag.com/how-to/23-google-search-tips-youll-want-to-learn
All I did was search
>"Dell Latitude E6420" "touchscreen"
It gave me this
>amazon.com/GW5Y3-Latitude-Touchscreen-WXGAHD-Widescreen/dp/B00UX316U2
As one of the first results. Yes. It has a touchscreen.
>>
>>81053719
Wrong link for how2google, my bad.
>achievevirtual.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/bmr-infographic-useful-google-search-tips1-682x1024.png
>>
>>81053751
Goddamn I'm retarded. Why would I post a link to an image, instead of just posting the image. Triple post since thread is dying anyway.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.