[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (48 KB, 254x253)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
Hello my fellow "workers", what are you up to today? have you "attended" any meetings yet?
Today I personally don't feel in the mood to work, so I will be relaxing to some games and probably learn a new riff on my guitar. After all, my deadline is still couple of weeks away.
>>
It'll be back to the cage for you soon, wagie.
>>
>>80342521
>>80342531
Im using Brave browser on my home computer to type this. Lmao at office wagies.
>>
>>80342521
Woke up and did morning routine with wife & kids.
Got on computer, answered some emails while watching a couple Youtube vids.
2 hours of unproductive work, thinking about programming issues, distracted by kids
Hour of cleaning up
Lunch & a TV show
Wife & kids went out for a 3-4 hours
Got some really solid, productive work in, more than I would have done in an office
Finished whenever I feel like because my hours aren't tracked, only my results

Pretty good day overall
>>
>>80342521
Why doe they call it "work from home"? You're actually HOME from WORK. Work is a place.
>>
File: 1593762730394.jpg (60 KB, 720x815)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>work
productivity down the drain
So many distraction at home
>>
>>80342681
Productivity is a spook.
>>
File: 1612786988121.jpg (40 KB, 828x808)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>80342681
how so, fren? my productivity went skyhigh since i started working from home. no colleagues to interrupt me, no noise, just me finishing large tasks in couple of hours and simply enjoying the rest of the day.
>>
Started off yesterday very focused and got a lot done. Then I went to the office in the afternoon. Noticed I couldn't focus on much and was just kinda staring at the screen and clicking around windows I had up or pacing in our office.

At least at home I don't have to wear pants when I pace. I think I've gotten a lot more productive/proficient since working from home even though it doesn't always feel like it. Wearing dress clothes and taking lunch in the break room makes me more productive than wearing nothing and taking naps for lunch.
>>
File: file.png (16 KB, 426x364)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>80342521
Attended the morning standup, practiced some piano, went to buy lunch, now I have to work, but I will finish with that sooner and spend the rest of my working hours practicing Japanese. My productivity is still higher than it was in the office, I just do useful things instead of pretending to work while waiting for the time to pass.
>>
>>80343895
This.
>>
>>80342521
my boss gave me a "research" project with no set deadline or deliverables. combined with working from home, how does he honestly expect me to get anything done and not shitpost on 4chan?
>>
>>80342543
I had my dick chopped off three days ago, idk if it matters
>>
>>80342521
I'm singlehandedly ending the nofap movement while I get paid, if you catch my drift
>>
>>80345779
How do these noble endeavors depend on your monetary compensation?
>>
>>80343895
>I just do useful things instead of pretending to work while waiting for the time to pass.
absolutely this
>>
>>80345335
Your boss is paying you to pad your resume with new certs or a new language -- why are you squandering the opportunity? Learn something so you can get a promotion or a better job somewhere else.
>>
>>80342521
fellow WFHomies, check your WFH policy, the company I work for just fueled a wave of firings based on recordings from an internal mic that can't be muted without root access. In particular, if there were frequent mouse click sounds that couldn't be traced to an event on the company PC, you were investigated for breaking security policy.
>>
>>80346470
i don't work for slavers, and my company cares about results, not hours.
>>
>>80346470
That sounds retarded and probably didn't happen
>>
>>80346470
how. Can it tell the difference between my gaming clicks and my work clicks?

IT looked for timeouts on the VPN due to inactivity.
>>
>>80342521
I haven't gotten out of bed yet waiting for my lunch to get here before I do. Pandemic is the greatest thing to ever happen to office workers.
>>
>>80342521
Woke up early for a meeting so OBVIOUSLY I'm going to take a nap later today. After the nap I'll probably try to get some shit done.

Morning meetings are my downfall.
>>
>>80346470
wtf that's dumb
>>
>wake up at 10am
>morning standup
>1-2 hours of work
>cook lunch
>play game
>Go to the gym at 2pm while it's empty
>Answer messages from phone so coworkers think I'm working
every day I love covid so much
>>
>>80342521
Got a stand up in 5 mins. Already finished this sprints assignments, working on backlog a little bit each day. Probably will spend day working towards master my work pays for most of day. Feels good bros.
>>
>>80346470
I prefer to get fired if that's something that my company does.
>>
I'm running a macro. It takes about an hour to complete.
Anyway, I want to go to the countryside and raise chickens or something like that.
>>
>>80342681
I can't focus at work
I can't focus at home

I work in manic sprints and then stop
>>
>>80346538
Checks for click events raised by the OS (or an officially sanctioned spy application) and compares them against clicks listened to on the mic. If there's a whole of them not matching then they assume you're shitposting.

>>80342681
Same here. I need to turn off my home PC, it's fucking up my real work.
>>
>>80347120
possible, but improbable. Implementation would be an absolute bitch. Sorting out ML for other random clicks or loud mouse wheels would take forever. Capturing all apps position and acceptable click rate would also stink.
>>
>>80347605
It could also be pajeets looking at screencaps and listening to the audio from the computer's mic. Cheap to implement.
>>
>get up at 8am on the nose
>sit at my desk in my underwear and boot up my laptop
>respond to a few e-mails if any
>lay back in bed for another hour or two
>get up and get breakfast
>sit in my recliner and watch TV until noon
>Respond to a few e-mails
>finally get dressed
>sit at my home PC and play skyrim/shitpost
>respond to a few more e-mails
>close work laptop at 5pm
>time to relax
>collect fat paycheck every two weeks

Quarantine is based
>>
>>80342521
I've been working remotely in a fully remote organization for two years now. Honestly, not having to commute is great. However; I still do miss being an office chad and working out in the office gym. Tradeoffs.

Also I work way more. Amount of work is delimited by your team, not wfh status.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.