[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rty.png (458 KB, 499x667)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
>Read the sticky: >>76759434

>GNU/Linux questions >>>/g/fglt

>Windows questions >>>/g/fwt

>PC building? >>>/g/pcbg

>Programming questions >>>/g/dpt

>Good, cheap, laptops >>>/g/tpg

>Cheap electronics >>>/g/csg

>Server questions >>>/g/hsg

>Buying headphones >>>/g/hpg

How to find/activate any version of Windows?
https://rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread >>80298513
>>
how do i get a /g/irlfriend(male)?
>>
So I went to google like any other day but I got a "Unusual traffic from your computer network" message and had to solve a recaptcha, should I be worried about something? I don't even know how to use a computer so no VPNs or anything fancy but the adblocker, so any reason why that message show up? I also doubt is anyone from my house since they know even less about computers.
>>
Wtf is with Miller Rabin algo?
>>
File: 1609098361407.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>Is it possible for me to use the router as a switch and just repeat the signal going in port 1 to going out port 2? How?

>It already is a switch. Everything connected to the ports (except WAN port) are on the same switch and it works without the "brains" knowing about it.

Does that mean that if I'm sending an hdmi signal over a wired connection to a kvm extender it'll just werk if I plug both cables into my router?
>>
>>80326383
https://github.com/422658476/MPV-EASY-Player/blob/master/mpv-easy-data/osc-style/osc-default-blue-box-bar-or-knob-45.lua
How do I get this osc.lua to work. I put it in the scripts folder, but it doesn't work. Already tried both osc=yes and osc=no in MPV.conf.
>>
>>80326552
open up the yellow pages and look for "gay bar" and "gay club." Or install Grindr. That's how to get fucked in the ass by men like you want, you disgusting, worthless faggot.

>>80326572
Not even google knows exactly what the fuck their AIs are doing anymore, and as long as it doesn't lose them significant money, they literally cannot afford to care.
It means nothing.
>>
>>80326572
FUCK google, just use duckduckgo, they don't care if you're a bot or not
>>
how do you choose between nginx and apache? does it even matter since i'm an amateur?
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (7 KB, 271x186)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
I'm building a 5.1 sound system from scratch because my legendary Z-5500 system is almost dead. This should also sound MUCH better (I hope) and I gain support for DTS MA and TrueHD.

I found a receiver whose impedance is 6~16Ω, I found some Polk speakers and the centers 'normal impedance' is 6ohms, but the front and back are 8ohms.

Will this cause any issues ?

Pic only relevant in that it shows speakers, brand is irelevant,
>>
>>80326761
A switch is a networking device. It would only pass along a video signal if it was using network tech, meaning the much more expensive HDMI Over IP.
>>
File: 1568670319127.jpg (68 KB, 699x485)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Why is the xubuntu iso 1 gig smaller than the normal Ubuntu iso?
Is gnome really that big?
>>
>>80326940

Actually I checked and the manufacturer states it extends signal over TCP/IP so all should be good, right?
>>
>>80327059
Link the product.
>>
>>80327059
If it specifically states it uses TCP/IP it should work.
>>
>>80326921
No, as long as the speakers are within the impedance range of the amp you shouldn't have any issues. The only thing you might have an issue with is the center channel may be a different volume than the other channels at the same volume setting and may need adjusting.
>>
>>80327066

This thing here, bought on bezos' flea market
http://www.pwaytek.com/en/product/product-33-874.html
>>
>>80327565
>Applications: KVM one to one, AV one to more over TCP/IP
You're fine for plain video signal, but it sounds like it might not pass the usb shit over a network.
>>
Is it bad if I run my gpu (3070) with a very low constant fan speed during gaming (34%) ?
I don't like fan noise or the noise of fans ramping up and down.
It tops out at 86C (pretty sure thats the top end, havent seen 87C in a week of gaming) which's below the highest configurable temp limit of 90C, plus it still stays above the boost clock which gives adequate performance.
I'm asking if it will shorten the lifespan of the gpu in a meaningful way. I'll keep it for 3-4 years at most. I'm assuming not since gpus today have a lot of failsafes and whatnot that would prevent that and would reduce the clocks before any damage happens.
>>
can someone tell me how to download a 70gb folder from mega or google drive? trying to do it from drive doesn't work and I don't know how to bypass mega's download limit automatically
someone recommended megabasterd to me, does that actually work? how does it bypass the limit?
>>
are you people actually autistic or just in the meme way?
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (26 KB, 500x500)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>80326383
I own this Keyboard, and can't find any tutorials online for programming the keys.

It was advertised on Amazon as being "programmable" but i'm beginning to realize that may only be partially true.

But, i'm hoping that I'm wrong and I am able to program hotkeys and such with different combinations.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>80328552
It's not good for the long term lifespan of components to be hotter than they need to be.
Who knows how long that is though.
>>
What GPU is the PS4 equivalent to again?
>>
>>80329384
Something in the neighborhood of a 1030
>>
>>80329294
Don't just believe Amazon descriptions. Find reviews online. Have you checked the manufacturer website yet?
>>
>>80329404
No manufacturer website I could find, but the only thing close to one is a Facebook page.
>>
>>80329510
Best luck is to find 3rd party keyboard software. I don't have recommendations, sorry. You're gonna have to figure this one out yourself. Good luck.
>>
>>80329559
>3rd party keyboard software
Any recommendations?
The KB has BT drivers atleast
>>
>>80326383
I have a forest of servers on my domain that use the domain\administrator account for several things. A user was provided our credentials to this account that should not have access. Can I just change this administrator password this evening? I just want to make sure nothing is tied to this account that I am not aware about and then be locked out of something (program, service, server) that people can't use because of it.
Is there a program that can assist me in this task?
(The previous IT MSP leaked these credentials to a few users and I'm just now finding out about this.)
>>
>>80326383
I'm putting together a Raspberry Pi 4. For my storage, I've decided not to use a microSD card because USB 3 is much faster. Is there much of a difference between SATA III over USB 3 compared to NVMe over USB 3? I know NVMe is way faster when it's hooked up to the PCIe like it should but there isn't that option with the Raspberry Pi 4.
>>
Can GIMP do logic with pixels? For example, if both pixels are white, then the resulting pixel is white.
>>
What could be the cause of a spark/flash on mobo when PSU switch is flipped on? Everything seems to work fine but I'm worried.
Found a video that shows this problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0bAOaqWnc8
>>
File: file.png (94 KB, 456x355)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>80326383
What are the best RAID/NAS enclosures for performance and reliability?
And why do most of them only have 2 slots? Isn't it optimal to have at least 3??
>>
>>80331265
Bad ground connection either between the PSU's power inlet and its case or the wall socket's ground wire isn't 0v relative to line. It's not good for the motherboard to keep doing that.
>>
Is there much of a privacy/security advantage to installing LineageOS? My phone is about the only thing that's not FOSS yet, but Android is already sorta open. Not really sure if it's worth buying a new phone just to avoid whatever botnet Samsung may have in the S9.
>>
>>80331497
assuming I've never had problems with other electronics and I'm not planning to flip the PSU switch basically ever, should I be concerned about it?
>>
>>80331358
>RAID/NAS enclosures
OK but which is it? Do you want a network appliance or something to hook up a bunch of drives a PC via SATA/SAS or USB?
>And why do most of them only have 2 slots? Isn't it optimal to have at least 3??
Probably because 2 is cheaper and most people only want RAID1 or RAID10 these days.
>>
>>80331704
Bad grounding is a safety hazard, so yes. Check the wall outlet with a multimeter or ground tester and return the power supply if mains ground appears to be good. If you have bad grounding and your shitty land lord isn't going to fix it or whatever, just disconnect the ground wire. No ground is safer than live ground.
>>
File: 1517591726889.png (2 KB, 174x167)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>80326383
Can I assign threads to a VM like cores or should I only assign physical cores? Basically if I have a 4c/8t CPU can I assign 6 "cores" to it or will this leave too few resources for the hypervisor?
>>
>>80331781
thanks m8
>>
>>80331803
Read the manual dumbass.
>>
>>80331883
just answer the question nigger
>>
>>80326383
Retard here
Can I plug my old shit into a new mobo, cpu and gpu and just boot it up?
>>
I'm looking for a portable flash drive that I can stick on my key chain and use everyday for encryption keys, any good brands that can take a beating and are portable enough?
>>
So, I installed Slackware. I used rpm2tgz to convert Dosbox's rpm package, and then I installed it with
upgradepkg --install-new file-name-here
. But I have no idea how to run the program now. I also tried installing Python 3.9 through the same command and it said it was installed but it's still on 2.7.
>>
hi all. when i plug my headphones to my computer it detects them normally and they work as they should, but when i remove them all my audio is muted, even though in my settings it is still on. debian xfce
>>
>>80332165
Python is installed, I just need to use python3.9 instead. Still can't find dosbox, there's nothing on usr/bin.
>>
Why do wallpapers in Windows have color banding and is there any way to prevent it or at least make make them look better.
>>
>>80332361
Use wallpapers that don't have color banding?
>>
>>80332577
nice 1 m8
>>
>>80332361
if you can find the source material i guess you can dither it
>>
>>80331781
I've tested most outlets in my house - some have no grounding, some show reading when I connect ground and one of the holes, some show reading when connecting ground and either hole. I've plugged the PC to all of them, and the spark happens every time. Is everything fucked?
>>
I got my images in multiple folders and I want to view the latest images in all folders.
So if I view 1 image and scroll to the next one it could potentially be from a whole different folder as long as they're sorted by saved date.

Is there some image viewer that does this? Basically adds a bunch of folders to its queue not just one folder like it is usually and then you can view the latest saved images in order from different folders.
>>
>>80332932
Your board might be shorting out on the case. Test the case to see if it's electrified.
>>
>>80332935
irfanview might he able to do that
>>
File: Untitled-12.png (741 KB, 1447x1400)
741 KB
741 KB PNG
is there an obvios reason as to why this isnt working? im checking the settings right now but i just wanted to ask whats going on because the usual things i do dont make the mic show up in fl studio, im thinking this mic and the way im connecting it doesnt work lol thanks
>>
>>80330295
>use the domain\administrator account
you should not be doing this.
change the pass anyway before you have an issue on your hands from this guy telling people/being disgruntled in the future.
>>
>>80333362
What's wrong with using the domain admin account?
Should I be using the local admin on each server?
Also, any steps I need to be aware of before changing the domain admin password?
>>
>>80333259
It doesn't shock me or anything when I touch it. Should I test it in some other way?
>>
File: 1548587115866.jpg (109 KB, 1024x1007)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
I'm having trouble starting my pc. Many different issues so I find a lot of possible causes when using google and I don't know anything about computers.
>screen flickering then freezing
>blue screen with different error code every time
>computer powering off
>computer turning on and off every couple seconds
Surprisingly problems occur in the first 15 minutes. If nothing happens then the pc can stay on all day without any problem.
I've cleaned the inside, deleted a lot of stuff, scanned for viruses, defragmented, tried safe mode with internet (still have problems), updated what could be updated (a couple of updates failed)
Can all these problems be linked to one component/software/virus?
>>
First smartphone (oneplus)
Android
Stock apps

How the fuck do I make a birthday notification in the (google?)calendar, without adding someone to Contacts first? I just want to remember my dead grandpas birthday, I don't want an entry for him whenever I open Contacts.

inb4
>not /sqt/ material
Yes it is, because I refuse to believe it's impossible to do this, so it must be me who's retarded and retarded people ask questions that belong here.

Have a Papa Doc as a token of my appreciation.
>>
>>80331729
>something to hook up a bunch of drives a PC via SATA/SAS or USB?
this one. And most likely USB so I can swap PCs
>>
File: monroe.jpg (118 KB, 1024x683)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
I cleared a chat in whatsapp instead of deleting it.
I tried to restore whatsapp from the drive backup in order to delete the chat, but in the most recent backup the chat is also cleared.
I also have another phone with whatsapp that is not connected to the internet that has that chat.

How can I connect that other phone to the internet and delete the chat without stupid google backup wiping out the chat?
>>
File: Screenshot (14).png (2.38 MB, 1920x1080)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB PNG
What the heck is this?
>>
>>80333582
>>80334014
Have you guys tried coffee? Maybe that will fix the issue.
>>
>>80334155
I don't get it
>>
>>80334155
>First smartphone
I'm sure as shit not going to fiddle with whatever that is. The only reason I got it is because my 9 year old 3110 classic is beginning to crumble. And a smartphone is fucking mandatory if I want to do any kind of banking stuff these days so I had to jump on the bandwagon.
>>
Why do Cisco make their product pages such a pain to read and navigate? It's like they don't want to sell anything.
>>
File: 1613213667774.jpg (115 KB, 500x701)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
Best desktop web browser for privacy? Is it Tor?
>>
>>80333490

Test with a different OS to eliminate it as the culprit, then reseat your ram and cpu.

If any of the above fails to find the problem, fuck if I know what it could be.
>>
>>80334136

Malware, uninstall it
>>
>undervolt gtx1070 with on my old build with an 8 year old cheap-ass 600w LC-Power PSU without even 80+ certification
>manage 1950mhz@900mV stable in benchmarks and hours of gameplay, lower it to 1933mhz@900mV for some margin of error
>upgrade to a seasonic core GC 500w 80+ gold unit with supposedly way better voltage regulation
>starts artifacting during gaming
>try to adjust clocks
>barely manage 1898mhz@900mV without artifacting in superposition
What the hell is this shit?
>>
>>80334442
Thanks
>>
On my laptop when I try to write, the space character gets spammed as if I was just holding the spacebar. Thought the keyboard was broken but I disconnected the cable from the motherboard and the problem's still there. Is this a software problem or do you think some other part aside from the keyboard could be fucked? Is my laptop cursed?
>>
>>80335169
have you tried cleaning under the spacebar key?
>>
>>80333449
Maybe hook the multimeter to the case and then turn it on, see if it registers the brief shock
I had an electrified case once, you could certainly feel it if you touched the bare metal but it wasn't very strong
>>
>>80335528
I sprayed under the keys with compressed air but I haven't cleaned the keyboard deeply. However starting the computer on safe mode makes the problem go away so I think it's software related.
>>
>>80335629
update yo drivers nigga
>>
Assuming one has an AMD 5600x and an RTX 3070

1) Is it bad to run old games like Doom (with modern sourceports) at unlimited FPS? Or capped at something like 400FPS? I've heard it's bad for your CPU/GPU, true?

2) I don't understand G-Sync. If my monitor's refresh rate is 165hz, shouldn't the game also then be capped at a framerate of 165fps? Yet when I look at framerate often the game's FPS is much greater than 165 (and yes G-Sync is on).

Thanks.
>>
>>80334313
its in marketing speak, only management fully understand it (who coincidentally have all the money)
>>
Best alternatives to gmail? Need to make a burner for private trackers
>>
>>80326383
Is there a speed difference between file systems in Linux? If so, what's the fastest?
>>
Alternative to firefox?
>>
>>80335892
cock.li
>>
>>80335939
this shit safe lmfao?
>>
File: ublock-test.png (432 KB, 700x1243)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
>have to use facebook
>for family and some friends
>live abroad, have lived in 4 countries
>lately ads start playing when I watch videos
>there is no volume control
>invasive, annoying and stressful
>uBlock stopped blocking them
>tried a few things with the filters
>didn't work
Any anons that have better knowledge of filters and how I could block that trash?
>>
File: file.png (64 KB, 221x228)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
can someone redpill me on android boxes?
is there one model or brand that is superior and easier to mod than the others or are they all about the same?
>>
>>80335952
absolutely
>>
I cant figure out how to make ffmpeg to trim a piece off of some videos and place a new section at the start. I've look around and found a bunch of different ones people suggest but it always gets an error.

ffmpeg -ss 0 -i episode.mkv -t 60 -c copy test.mkv

Gives me this error
>>
File: tenor~2.png (205 KB, 360x360)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>80335169
I'm incredibly retarded /g/. All this time it was just a bluetooth keyboard that I had on my backpack, that kept connecting automatically to my laptop and that had the space bar pressed by something.
>>
>>80335919
LibreWolf and IceCat are both forks of Firefox.
>>80335939
Vince is a faggot.
>>
File: QRcode.gif (1 KB, 132x132)
1 KB
1 KB GIF
A while back a /g/entleman made a little program that encoded files into a series of QR codes, and put the QR codes into a video. The result was a video that looked like static on an old TV, but could be decoded with the software back into the original files. Anyone remember what this software was called?
>>
File: 1605711452916.jpg (120 KB, 534x659)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
give it to me straight, is it possible to repair corrupted files?
>>
>>80335952
about as safe as crossing the road, and we do that all the time!
>>
>>80336369
Largely no if it's the unique data that's corrupted. If it's something in a header that's preventing the file from being read correctly then it's possible, but if the content has turned to junk, no.
>>
>>80336525
how do I know if its that type of corruption or the other? also how do I fix it in that case?
>>
File: clueless.png (93 KB, 1572x1796)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
why are people so obsessed with thinkpads? I get that they're cheap but I got a newer dell laptop a couple days ago for 500 bucks brand new and I can run linux on it just fine. Is it upgradability? I can't imagine there aren't other laptops that let you swap out the parts, my inspiron already has good enough parts and even then I can always swap out anything on a whim, save for the cpu and its integrated graphics. Is it a nostalgia thing? brand loyalty? autism? I don't get it.
>>
Can I use my gaymen laptop on a plane? I'm reading that planes can deliver 100w of power -- if my power brick is over that, am I out of luck?
If not, is there a way to limit my power usage under the 100w charge limit?
Or should I just run on the integrated GPU and hope for the best?
>>
How are people okay with putting self. before everything in Python classes? Your time is literally being taxed for using Python.
>>
>>80336804
>people
>>
>>80326921
>Pic only relevant in that it shows speakers, brand is irelevant,
those are Klipsch speakers and based as fuck
>>
>>80333346
is the mic XLR or phantom powered by any chance?

also have you managed to get any other device inputting through that usb dongle?
>>
any good alternatives to irfanview that supports unicode for japanese filenames?
>>
How do I run this program on Ubuntu? I needed something like Windirstat but I dont know how to launch it. Why can't there just be an executable file?
https://github.com/shundhammer/qdirstat
>>
>>80336716
neckbeard snowflake autism pretty much
>>
>>80336942
>https://github.com/shundhammer/qdirstat
apt-get install qdirstat

that should work because it is included in the ubuntu package repository
>>
I use Debian at home and Windows at work, I want to switch to Debian at work too but I have to teach a class on intro informatics (folders, paths, excel,...) for beginners in a non CS field twice a year. Can I install office in a VM? I need to use the full version of excel because macros and statistics and solver and stuff
>>
>>80326383
Can someone shill me a built gaming laptop? Havent had a computer for about 10 yrs and basically only want it to play Total War 2
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 482x1280)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
why do 1s compliment and 2s compliment not have symmetric bit representations for negative vs. positive digits?

like, ok just have the leftmost bit be the sign flag, and then keep the remaining bits consistent regardless of if it's negative or positive. why the inconsistency?
>>
one of these is off by like 1 pixel and now that i know that it's pissing me off. this retarded screen doesn't let you snap them back to normal, and doesn't tell you how much each are offset from normal. i'm pretty fucking sure windows 7 knew.

does anywhere know where this shit is stored in the registry?
>>
File: foto_no_exif.jpg (1.39 MB, 4032x3024)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
what sensor is this ?
>>
>>80338433
Looks like a C0MP4N10NCVB3 sensor.
>>
How do I set the time on openrc?
>>
File: foto_no_exif.jpg (1.72 MB, 2016x1512)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
Does such a device exist?
>>
>>80328780
stop ignoring my fucking post
>>
>>80339012
You mean a KVM switch?
>>
File: tenor.gif (344 KB, 220x220)
344 KB
344 KB GIF
>>80339024
That almost looks like what I'm looking for. I just have to find one without any video IO
>>
>>80339024
>>80339050
>>80339012
so a usb switch?
>>
Here's a stupid question for you guys.
>>
>>80339101
First one
>>
>>80339111
wouldn't that be during a DDoS attack though, not a DoS attack?
>>
>>80339012
>>80339050
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Selector-Computers-Peripheral-One-Button/dp/B01MXXQKGM
>>
>>80339120
What? A ddos attack is a sub type of dos attack.
>>
>>80339101
Yeah, depending on the type a firewall can stop a DoS.
>>
>>80332165
I can't help you in regards to dosbox as the RPM link on their website is dead. Either way, it's better if you use builds made for your own distribution rather than trying to convert packages from other distros, either self-build or see if there's a third party build available.
For python, just run 'python3', or change the syslink to execute the right version.
>>
When I download programming books from libgen the text is usually left aligned. Is this because whoever uploaded to libgen converted the text to pdf or do publishers actually think this kind of thing is acceptable?
>>
>>80339497
Post a picture?
>>
10tb
No power adapter needed
200$ or less

Does any drive like this exist?
>>
>>80337512
1's complement avoids having +/-0. 2's complement avoids +/-0 and you can apply unsigned arithmetic operations to fixed width 2's complement numbers and they work.
>>
>>80339497
I have a fair number of programming books from libgen, and I've never encountered this. Are you converting PDFs to epub or something?
>>
File: skytechcomputer.png (568 KB, 1392x855)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
Am I going to be disappointed if I buy this? Hard to build my own when parts are impossible to buy.

https://www.amazon.com/Skytech-Chronos-Gaming-Desktop-Motherboard/dp/B08BLBGF7L/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=Skytech%2BGaming&qid=1613880846&sr=8-19&th=1
>>
Can i boot/install linux from an external hard drive? everyone says i need a flash drive and i don't have one at the moment.
>>
>>80326552
Find someone who has a handle over this daddy issues and doesn't ware rainbow.

Wearing rainbow is like a sign this person is too obsessed with the gay, and thusly to be avoided.
>>
>>80340033
>in stock march 30
Sounds like they're not having any more luck than you.
>low tier asrock
>gamdias kratos
Garbage.
>>
>>80330856
that sounds pretty racist, anon.
>>
>>80340379
Sure. Just run rufus on it like you would a flash drive.
>>
File: 1600719660591.jpg (678 KB, 1520x1335)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
my dad got tricked into clicking what looked like a youtube link from a message on facebook. his account got hacked and his account then sent out that link to all his friends. me being an absolute dumbass, I thought it was a video as well since it was from my dad and I clicked the link which prompted a facebook login. it was too late and I realized it was a fuckin stupid thing. I immediately changed my facebook pass and deactivated my account, but now I'm getting random facetime requests with like 15 other numbers

dunno what the fuck to do with my phone. I don't have any payments or anything linked other than Venmo. but I have all my mail, my other social media besides facebook... how do I know if this shit is infected? or am I shit out of luck
>>
Can anyone recommend a TV? I dont know if there are any places to shop that are better than bestbuy or walmart
>>
>>80340775
>using facebook
>>
Are robot vacuums (like roomba etc) worth it? Like do they actually clean effectively or are they kind of shitty and mostly a novelty thing?

I've been tempted to get one sometimes but I always imagine it getting stuck on stuff or unable to get around the various obstacles in my house and unable to clean very effectively for that reason. Or getting clogged up when it happens to pick up something it shouldn't...
>>
>>80336804
you are correct, however
>classes
>>
Is the Netgear R6400 a good router? I currently have a WNDR4500 and my laptop only gets 180Mbps. Will upgrading to an AC router get me to at least 300Mbps?
>>
what are sigterms and how do programs get their own unique 1. how do you tell them apart. serious question. I don't understand SIGTERMS. EODs in Null headersm whatever the fuck any of this means. /dev/null vs /dev/zero. explain it please and I'll spare some
>>
>>80340935
amazon if nothing else to see a large selection
>>
>>80326806
You sound very angry.
>>
>>80326383
If I move my entire system from a WD hard drive to a Seagate one (via third party software like Acronis) do I have to worry about my OS or drivers or anything bugging out?
>>
>>80341018
>having no friends or family
>>
>>80341709
>having """friends"""
>caring about your """family"""
why are you here
>>
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Metal-MILITARY-Stun-Gun-350-Million-Volt-Rechargeable-LED-Flashlight-NEW/271527715817?hash=item3f385023e9:g:RfAAAOSwiVRfrtyM

How the fuck are these things able to output 350 million volts? That would arc over 380 feet.
>>
>>80341994
Holy shit

>https://www.ebay.com/itm/VIPERTEK-VTS-989-600-Billion-Volt-Rechargeable-LED-Stun-Gun-w-Holster-Case/152929584457?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20201210111314%26meid%3Daecff40a8383436f9b4a6447992d24d1%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dpf%26sd%3D271527715817%26itm%3D152929584457%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv9PairwiseUnbiasedWeb%26brand%3DVipertek&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851

600 fucking gigavolts, that's an arc over 666,666 feet
>>
>>80341916
Because I can discuss a wide variety of topics and information without need of an account or sign up.
>>
If I have one of these how hard would it be to use it as a camera for a rpi? Is there some kind of standard output?
How do I read the visual data this produces?
>>
Which intel XTU version still works to undervolt locked chips? I have a 10400f and I tried out the 7.0 version intel offers on their website and a 6.5 version I got from a german tech website. Neither of them allowed me to adjust voltage or wattage. Where can I get a workable version?
>>
Does CloneZilla work fine with M.2 drives?
>>
>>80339019
Use Jdownloader2 Beta and leave it running until it's done. Or set it up to switch IP whenever it hits the limit.
>>
>>80333443
I want to scream at you for having your job. That’s just a bit of a massive security risk. Service should run with the least amount of privileges required for them to work.
>>
I have a pair of edifier a hooked up to my TV and was wanting to upgrade. I was looking into floor standers plus amp and realised that anything half decent easily goes beyond £500. Should I just buy a sub to fill out the edifier a a bit more?
>>
>>80342421
>>80331990
There’s not enough info here for anyone to make a decision on this. But the answer is who the fuck knows be prepared to do a full reinstalling
>>
>>80341336
SIGTERM is the name for the number signal you send to a program to terminate it. It’s the same for every program bc it’s determined by OS. Every program already has a unique process I’d.

/dev/null is nothing. Literal gateway to nowhere. /dev/zero is a gateway to the land of zeroes. Will always give you a zero back if you try to pull from it.
>>
>>80342275
Nevermind, intel seems to have clamped down all the values in the 10400f, can't even adjust anything with 3rd party tools like throttlestop.
>>
>>80341691
Yes, yes you do. Be prepared for a full reinstall.
>>
>>80342187
Wouldn’t be hard for me but harness that ant standard anon. Ex. My dick is harder than rocks right now.
>>
File: 1608627313121.png (626 KB, 1280x720)
626 KB
626 KB PNG
>>80326383
>Supposed to send "editable" docs and ppts
How do I include the fancy fonts I used in the file, or somehow make files not glitch on computer without these fonts?

Also how do I save these files so they don't look like a mess at least when moved between google docs and ms office?
>>
hi /g/, no idea whats wrong with my dads PC but he can't find any modem/routers at all since just a couple of days ago and after he took it to the local computer shop they said nothing was wrong with it and they found networks fine but once again after bringing it home it cant find a single network. all the other devices in the house are working fine so it just appears to be his computer.
>>
>>80342812
is the wireless card coming loose? Is the router discoverable? Test if it can find your mobile hotspot.
>>80342434
going to assume you have a pair of r1700t. Theyd pair well with a cheaper sub, but youll never get a full sound from them. Im a fan of 2.0 set ups in most cases since a sub is usually overkill for smaller rooms. Powered speakers (in built amp) might be cheaper for you, look on gumtree.
>>80341994
>>80342013
obviously this is bs marketing
>>80341691
should be fine
>>80341305
netgear has the worst interface. only if your line and devices support 300Mbps
>>80341127
higher end ones map your house out, cheaper ones move randomly. consider that you could spend the 1000 (600) you drop on them on something good instead.
>>80340775
stop using facebook
>>80338238
could it actually be caused by taskbars not existing on the second screen?
>>80337379
clevo make decent gaming laptops. they oem for metabox
>>80336742
do you mean 100wh? that refers to battery size
>>80336716
they make some decent laptops and ride of old ibm legendary status. seriously ibm thinkpads were god like. modern thinkpads are nowhere near as good but still ok
>>
>>80326383
Why do people by Intel CPU's when AMD's ones are better in every way? Is it because the overclock is higher or something?
>>
what's a good windows music player with android remote control? musicbee android app kinda sucks
>>
File: 1516895479537.jpg (40 KB, 387x437)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
I spilled onions sauce on my mx keyboard. I put isopropyl into the switches that got sauced and i currently have it drying upside down. If it isnt working after 2 days of drying, what do? Just order new switches or is it possible the entire board could be dead?
>>
>>80343054
I didnt unplug it immediately either because i didnt notice the spill. I only noticed it when it started spamming f even though i wasnt hitting it. Im guessing that switch may be dead now
>>
>>80327056
>Is gnome really that big?
Yes
also you have amazon botnet in normal u**ntu
>>
Where do you download old versions of Adobe?
>>
>>80342967
Not every way. Intel was way ahead in single core performance until very recently, and there's a global silicon shortage so that hasn't had a chance to affect the market at all. There's way more demand than supply, so whoever pumps out more processors at all "wins", and right now that's intel.

They've also had other advantages like better laptop integration for lighter, more efficient laptops. And some of their encoding shit is considered the industry default. Basically they've abused their position in the lead for years to get a leg up, much like nvidia but less extreme. Eventually we'll exit this wackyland world where everything is overpriced and out of stock, and intel will have their work cut out for them competing in the home pc market. Their decisions haven't been great the last few years, and it takes a long time to correct course in that field even if you get someone brilliant.
>>
>>80341691
>move to seagate
>willingly
But why.
>>
I was getting "CPU Fan error" when trying to boot my new computer. i was shown that i should just set CPU fan monitoring to "ignore" in the bios. will that lead to any issues later on?
>>
File: Depop2.png (414 KB, 507x900)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
How do I process photos of shit I wanna sell on Depop with Raw Therapee?

I used my DSLR camera and I guess I just need to do colour correction and remove meta data? Unless i'm missing something?

I don't use Raw Therapee often so I don't have a workflow where I can just open up the cr2 files and go at it
>>
whats some good software i can burn video files on dvds? preferably open source and lightweight. I want it so i can burn a video file onto a dvd and make it play in a dvd player. I've already made the video files dvd compliant, mpeg2 etc.
>>
File: 641 (4).jpg (127 KB, 641x791)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
I tried finding the source for this video via the F12 console command to download it. So far I haven't had any luck. https://www.bilibili.com/video/av842381762/

Thanks for your help
>>
Which 2.5" 2tb ssd is best for non-gaming use? I don't want it to lag when I'm downloading 30mb/s.
>>
>>80326383
Yo /g/, Jamal here. I stole a 2015 MacBook Pro and it has a firmware password on it. How can I remove it and reinstall the firmware?
I know the sudo password, but not the firmware password that's asked during a cmd+r boot.
>>
My play/pause media key intermittently stops working on Ubuntu 20.04 on a Dell Inspiron. I can't seem to find any sort of pattern to it: it either works perfectly, or doesn't work, independently of whether I have Audacious focused, whether I'm in a text input, etc.
>>
>>80343981
Nothing is going to lag from downloading, especially not a 2TB one.
>>
I have an old laptop that I use often but the wifi is very intermittent. I tried updating the drivers (Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter), I also got a new router few days ago (upgraded my internet plan) but it hasn't improved. It works without problem if I use an ethernet cable so I guess the network card doesn't work anymore.
My question is, could a QCA9377 replace it? I just want to know if it's the same, I have never replaced a Network card in a laptop before.
>>
>>80344244
so it doesn't even matter if it has DRAM for torrenting?
>>
>>80344313
Basically all SSDs are overkill for torrenting. If you're booting off of it I would go with the dram.
>>
Any way to filter threads if certain words appear in them at all, not just the OP? On 4chan X and Dashchan
>>
>>80344426
ok thanks.
idk tho hdd would over overwrite cache and freeze up when torrenting. i tried different configs for hdd (disk allocation, cache size) etc. but didn't really help. do u recommend anything? maybe my hdd was shitty so but i might consider one over an SSD
>>
>>80331674
You still have to use proprietary blobs for the baseband.
>>
>>80344480
I mean I've never had any issue torrenting off HDDs, and I know a lot of seedboxes run off them. Could have been a dying drive.
>>
>>80343194
It's not 2014 anymore, grandpa.
>>
>>80334545
You were worried about voltage regulation so you got a PSU that is capable of 100 watts LESS than what you were using?

That 80+ gold rating is for efficiency, not stability.

If you're going to over clock you need headroom for transient power spikes.
>>
>>80335756
Did you turn V-sync on?
>>
>>80344517
appreciate the help, thx
>>
>>80336072
Just use Handbrake. It'll give you a nice GUI frontend for ffmpeg. Really hard to fuck up.
>>
>>80337267
Yes, office will run in a VM.
>>
I have a new b450 max motherboard and a 5600x and I have no bent pins and everything looks alright and when I start the pc fans turn on but the cpu light turns red immediately and nothing else happens. Am I being retarded? I'm sick and can't think straight
>>
>>80343561
Did you leave the fan header labeled "CPU" empty? Plug a fan into it. If nothing is plugged into that header/you used a fan without the RPM sense wire it won't detect a fan.

Everything should be fine... unless you forgot to plug the CPU cooler into a fan header... any fan header. Preferable the one labeled CPU. That one is designed to ramp the fan up and down based on CPU temp.
>>
>>80335756
More fps will always make your game look smoother due to frametimes. You should only limit your fps if the cpu/gpu is overheating or there's some other problem like coil whine.
If you don't wanna be bothered just slap on a 300 fps limit and call it a day. You can set a limit globally from nvidia control panel.
2) G-sync/freesync only work up to the native refresh rate (165 hz in your case). It will be disabled if you surpass 165 fps. I don't think you'll see tearing at that high of a frame rate but if you still see it set a fps limit of 165.
>>
>>80344287
QCA9377 comes in a few different form factors. If you get the wrong one it wont fit.
>>
>>80344642
b450 mobos need a bios update in order to handle the newest gen
>>
It's seems like I fucked up my graphics card when I was cleaning my computer with an air compressor. But my motherboard has a VGA port so I assume it has a built-in graphics card, how do I turn that card in so to speak?
>>
>>80344616
T hanks
>>
Anyway to stop Firefox from opening webms here in a new window?

They also play in the current thread's tab but there's no option to close them anymore, so you're stuck with the webm playing in the thread AND you gotta close the extra tab it opened. I don't even remember Firefox being updated today. Works fine in Edge so it's gotta be Firefox.
>>
Can anyone tell me how to disable Firefox's click and drag tab shit, or at least make me hold a MOD key like shift for it to work?
I'm on a laptop and I keep opening new windows when I just want to navigate tabs
Also general tab reccomendations
>>
>>80326572
>from your computer network
>network
Could be another customer from the same ISP who happens to be in the same block of IP addresses. Can't say for sure since I dont know what Google means by network in this context.
>>
>>80326837
If you are hosting static content there are better alternatives like lighttpd.
>>
>>80344732
All of them say they are " PCI-E", most of the cards I can find are chinese and I can't really find details about the specs.
>>
>>80335917
The good old EXT4 is among the fastest while btrfs is the slowest due to the "copy on write" or whatever feature.
>>
>>80340379
>everyone says i need a flash drive
They do? There is no difference between USB-connected pendrive and hard drive as the computer sees it.
>>
File: ieee-ac_img1.jpg (23 KB, 482x271)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>80344287
>b/g/n
Try setting the access point to N-only-mode.
>>
>>80326383
Would putting crumpled aluminum foil below macbooks acts as a heat sink ?
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 252x200)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>80345456
>>
>>80344793
How do I know what "generation" a specific Ryzen processor is?
>>
Is there a way to have a dual monitor setup, with only the second monitor's wallpaper set to slideshow, without using 3rd party software?
>>
>>80345469
Wikipedia. Yours is the latest.
>>
>>80345469
Model name. Ryzen 5 5600X is a 4th generation (latest) Zen processor.
Motherboards with B450 chipset only support gen 1, 2 and 3 out of the box. You need to update the bios on your mobo for it to run, or send it back and buy a b550/x570 one
>>
why is it ok to leave notebook plugged in even if it's fully charged but it's not ok to do the same with smartphone?
>>
>>80345599
>ok to leave notebook plugged in even if it's fully charged
It's not unless it has a feature to charge only to 80%.
>>
HEY GUYS. My laptop disconects from wifi when I put my hands on it or I move it. It's obviously a faulty HW connection. It fixed itself for a bit when i tightened the screws but now it's doing it again.... can u help plz?? Thanks
>>
I'm planning on buying logitech g305 mouse but I'm afraid of doubleclick, are there any other good wireless mouses out there? I don't want to spend more than 50$
>>
How to i get started with using my home windows pc as a VPN? I plan to use it in school since the wifi there blocks a ton of sites and p2p stuff.
>>
>>80344793
B550 too, so either get a mobo that supports bios flash without a cpu or get an upgrade kit (athlon 3000g) then return it.
>>
Anything to look out for when shopping for second hand hard drives? ive heard and experienced that Seagate are some of the least reliable so im gonna avoid those. But say, whats the difference between an IBM and a Hitachi hard drive that are both 24€ and 1TB ?
>>
>>80345583
B550 mobos dont support zen 3 OOB. They need a bios update as well.
>>
>>80345987
>p2p stuff
Bittorrent? Could just run a torrent client with remote control feature. For web browsing a simple web proxy would do.
IMO routing everything thru a VPN is a crude solution. I personally use a VPN tunnel to my VPS but only to encrypt unencrypted services.
>>
recommend me a comfy not too small wireless mouse for work
>>
>>80346075
Oh shit, you're right. My bad
>>
In the terminal I can type
 nvim project.c 
to create and edit a new file name project.c,
Is there a way to do this directly in neovim?
>>
How's chink SSDs? Are they total shit or okay by western standards?
>>
>>80346273
Shit. I have picrel, can't remember the exact numbers but its slow as hell by SSD standards. SSDs are not that expensive anyway so why not buy a proper one.
>>
>>80346302
eh, i just wanted a small hard disk for an old computer id like to use as home server, but since hard disks have such little capacity/prize at under 20€ compared to 1TB and above, might aswell get an SSD even if its a slow-ish one
I just want it to be reliable
>>
>>80345987
https://www.henrychang.ca/how-to-setup-wireguard-vpn-server-on-windows/

You'll also need to find a good free DDNS, as most people don't get static IPs from their ISP. I'd go with something besides NOIP, since they make you manually renew every few weeks.

You might also set up a VNC server so you can control your home computer through the VPN.

>>80346273
Avoid like the plague. It's real easy to fuck up flash based storage, and by god they do. Would not consider anything below ADATA to be worth the savings.
>>
>>80342349
why that over megabasterd?
>>
>>80346424
Because it works on 99.9% of all sites you want to download anything from. Never used the other, but I'm assuming its specifically for mega.
And as far as I know, there is no way around the bandwidth limit, other than resetting IP/vpn. Just leave JD2 running when it hit the limit. It will try to resume periodically and eventually it'll be done.

Optionally, make an account, import everything to that and download from there. Then you should be able to do browser downloads without hitting a limit. I'm not 100% sure if that'll work as intended though.

Remember to get the BETA for jd2, not the abandoned "finished" version.
>>
>>80346319
Chink SSDs are good when you wanna refresh a PC, but only if you aren't expecting a lot of wear. If you want a reliable SSD you need to get a model that has a decent controller and DRAM cache.
>>
This may sound retarded but it's a genuine question: Which is more secure from attackers? linux or windows? I'm being told that Windows 10 is much, much more secure than any linux OS and that's the opposite of what I've ever heard, ever.
>>
Should I do a 1 year master's program in cybersecurity? Bureau of Labor Statistics calls it one of the fastest growing jobs and its nearly six figure wage. Currently I'm a business information systems major
>>
>>80346575
new accounts can only have 15 gb of stuff on them so that isn't possible, and you're still subject to a limit even downloading from your own account anyway
the person who said megabasterd said it bypasses the limit but didn't specify how do I didn't want to try it without knowing
how long would it take to download 70gb then, what exacy is the limit for mega? why is it that when I try downloading the same folder from drive it doesn't even work?
>>
And facebook block me the entry at her social network from my cellphone and my pc.
>>
>>80346650
>new accounts
You can exceed the limit when you import. But if importing takes you over the limit, you can't add more files before you make room for them.
Note: This is how it was before the ToS update. No idea if that changed anything.

>bypasses
There used to be scriptable ways around the limit, but those were patched out years ago so either the basterd devs found a new exploit or it's just IP switching.

>how long
Depends on the filesizes and your connection. Small files usually don't contribute much towards the limit. I'm on a 500 mbps connection and usually get ~6.5-7 GB before hitting the wall. Then it's a 6 hour wait. JD2 does try to resume every ~15 minutes or so and once in a while it manages to resume some of the files despite still being in limit mode.

>drive
No idea. I think drive allocates a certain amount of traffic/[timeunit] for shared files and locks them when the data is spent. Might work again in a few days.
>>
>>80346879
it's 70gb of data I want but it's a whole lot of smaller files so I don't know how that would work exactly, I just know it'll make downloading it fully in chunks a major pain
I have a static ip so if basterd trys to do that I doubt it'll work
I just remember when I tried to download the same folder from drive it never even got started with the download and spent forever either trying to zip or compress the files or something
>>
>>80344596
Does that not reencode? I'm editing a whole series. Is there a way to batch trim them and add the intro without losing and of the audio tracks or subtitles?
>>
>>80346936
JD2 can do 20 simultaneous downloads, provided you have the ram/cpu for it. If it's a bunch of sub ~40 mb files, 10GB before hitting the wall isn't implausible. Assuming you have fiber speed.

Unless the basterd devs found an exploit, you're not going to finish this download in less than 2 days unless you're paying for an account.
>>
My computer keeps periodically blasting its fans very loud and it's annoying the shit out of me. It's basically the sound when I first start up the computer, but now at random times while it's running. My first idea was to check temperatures, so I check on speedfan and I'm only seeing temps for my hard drive and GPU there which seem fine (43-47C). Anyone know other ways to see temps for things like my cpu? Any ideas I should try to make that fucking sound stop?

Thanks
>>
>>80344793
I seem to have updated it but still no change. The light is still on and I'm positive there's no bent pins or anything
>>
What is responsible for showing (OP), (You) and the quoted by post numbers? Also post previews (when you hover over a post number), and enlarging images (they load in a separate tab instead).

All of that has stopped working on my phone.
>>
>>80347573
>when you hover over a post number
>All of that has stopped working on my phone.
>phone.
?????
>>
>>80347573
Check 4chan site settings (i think new tab setting lives there) and try a different browser
>>
>>80346598
halp
>>
>>80347711
The settings menu doesn't open at all. Safari and Chrome 63 produce the same behaviour. I'm using iOS 9 which I'm aware is quite old. I'm just wondering what has changed to break it. Also on iOS 6 the catalogue page loads but it's empty.
>>
>>80346598
What exactly did you hear?
>>
>>80326383
Anyone know of a repo with uBlock rules (for medium mode)? I'd like to set up a custom sync service across all my devices but I recently lost my massive rule list. Don't feel like going through all my frequently visited sites and configuring them all over again.
>>
>>80347469
afaik it has to be a specific beta update, not a regular one. Once you apply it, the mobo won't take non-gen4 processors. You have to make sure that your mobo even has that option available
>>
File: download.png (112 KB, 894x894)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
Where can I get a trustworthy cracked copy of Photoshop? While I like to stick to Open License programs, I need a copy of Photoshop for a course I'm doing, and preferably one that doesn't cost a full year's salary. Problem is, I don't know of any good downloads web. Can someone recommend one? Thanks!
>>
>>80348118
>>>/t/catalog
>>
What’s the difference between a subnet and a vlan?
>>
>>80348137
Thanks, I was not aware of that board.
>>
>>80348210
Subnet is layer 3, vlan is layer 2.
>>
>>80347865
That contrary to popular belief, Windows 10 is much more secure than linux or mac OS. That me running Linux on my work PC is a security risk (to outside attackers installing a worm on my PC or intercepting my web traffic) and I should work on Windows
>>
>>80348299
Isn't subnet an IP thing and VLAN an Ethernet segment?
>>
My laptop disconects from wifi when I put my hands on it or I move it. It's obviously a faulty HW connection. It fixed itself for a bit when i tightened the screws but now it's doing it again.... can u help plz?? Thanks
>>
>>80348313
Kinda bullshit, but a lot is wrapped up in which Linux distro. Fedora and RHEL are peer+ to Windows 10, and MacOS isn't that different either. They all basically use the same tools.
>>
>>80348437
That's what I just said.
>>
how can I learn more about the hardware and/or low level programming, i just don't know where do people learn this shit
>>
Anyone use DVORAK? How hard was it to switch from QWERTY? Is gaming the same, just with equivalent keys?
>>
Is there a way to speed up Kaltura videos? My professor talks slow as fuck
>>
>>80348779
Cocaine.
>>
What is the goto if I need to make some rudimentary forms to setup on some server and people can fill them online?

preferably on c++/c#, preferably something that I can use from visual studio because that's the only thing I have in this pc
>>
>>80348299
Any straight forward way to determine if an IP belongs to a subnet, but not a vlan?

Or is really as simple as
>vlans are layer 2 groupings of devices with macs/ip
>subnets are ip layer with ip/netmask/gw

I heard them used interchangeably, but I don’t really understand why.
>>
>got an idea for website
>dont really know how/what to start
should i try building from scratch to learn lots or use some pre-built stuff like wordpress?
tldr: is it best to start building your own stuff from scratch when you are a noob at this stuff?
>>
>>80349060
Avoid frameworks like wordpress. You can do everything with html/css and js, plus your db lang of choice. Wordpress in particular is so trash, that you can easily hack websites with known plugin exploits because half the time they don't ever get patched and the other half the owners don't update jack shit.
>>
File: 1609609977854.jpg (170 KB, 1068x1920)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>80335961
Any ideas for this uBlock issue?
>>
>>80348779
yes video speed controller for firefox
>>
I want to change a variable in bash so that any instance of "(" gets replaced with "%28" but it isn't working. Any ways to do this?
>>
>>80349403
aliases maybe?
>>
Is it normal that my IPhone doesn't display window contents in some apps when you "alt-tab" between opened apps?
Like Safari's thumbnail is blank for example, is it a simple memory saving or privacy-related feature or should I factory reset my device?
>>
>>80349532
factory reset your device
>>
>>80349222
Mi juli
>>
Is there a way to use the cameras from old phones as cameras on a computer? Say I want to take 6 camera sensors from old phones and stream them to a pc. Can someone point me in the right direction to get information about how to do this?
How do I read in data from the sensor? Can I just splice a ribbon cable onto the sensor output pins and read the output?
>>
>>80349860
search for the controlling chips' documentation
>>
If I want to make a free open source game, what license should I go with?
>>
>>80349886
I have no idea where to get the documentation. The sensor I have is the ISOCELL S5K2L1 but hell if I know how to read their output
>>
>>80348753
The physical keyboard is still the same. Just rebind the controls or switch to your dvorak when typing
>>
Are there any good ereaders that I can use with only/mostly open source firmware and software?
>>
>>80350168
then try to get as many sensor of the same make, and do some reverse engineering, probably frying a few in the process.
>>
>>80349583
Porn star?
>>
File: file.png (36 KB, 731x286)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
How do I get my torrent seeding speed up? My Internet can handle a lot more than this (I'd be worried if it couldn't) and I have a consistent ethernet connection, but not only do my speeds never raise above about 200 kilobytes per second but it's also super inconsistent. I don't have any settings to throttle my seed speed
>>
How do I decrypt TLS data sent to an application on my own computer? I saw stuff about setting a key log file up with an environment variable and feeding that into Wireshark, but afaik that requires the program to play nicely and be designed to write to that file if it/the env variable exists (usually browsers from what I've read). Would it work with an arbitrary program?
>>
>>80351359
Can't get high seed speeds if you don't have any peers who can leech at those rates.
>>
>>80351385
Maybe that's it, the torrents I keep up usually don't have more than a handful of peers total. I just always feel bad leaving my torrents at such a low ratio, though I guess if it's on the leecher's end there's nothing I can do but leave my client open longer.
>>
any good programs like leechblock or blocksite but for the whole computer. like blocking it at certain times?
>>
I want a windows application that gives me a little notification that goes away automatically after a few seconds every hour, anyone know of something like this?
>>
i cant post on /pol/ normally today, i keep getting connection error, hasn't happened before
does anybody know what the problem might be?
>>
Red cpu light is still on my motherboard after updating the bios to the newest beta and nothing changed fans still starting and no screen I have no fuckin clue what to do now
>>
>>80351645
Rangebanned for shitposting. You filthy phoneshitter.
>>
File: pepe.png (27 KB, 615x446)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
i have 12 hours of free time to spend on my computer at work everyday. what language should I start learning to potentially build a career out of this? i figure I should learn something rather than just shitpost and play games at work all day
>>
>>80351844
>phoneshitter
i'm not. i do have dynamic ip though. maybe that?
it's annoying me to no end
>>
>>80351875
if you want to make money on the side learn how to make shitty iphone/android games and put them on the app store for $0.99. people still buy them.
>>
none of my windows apps are opening anymore.
anytime i open something like photos, calculator, mail etc. a window appears and immediately closes.
what the fuck is wrong?
>>
File: ab6.png (14 KB, 1280x960)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Open source offline moodboard? I just want an app where i can just drag and drop my .png and animated .gif files, while adding text and doodles, that is not web based and part of the botnet.
>>
Alright I know HTML variables are a meme, but are HTML macros a thing? It's a bit of a pain writing documents in HTML and then having to change all the hrefs if I decide to change the file's name.
>>
>>80352429
Can't you just use a js variable and change the href based on some defined const or something? That at least minimizes the work to being just a single const var change when you update.
>>
>>80352466
I'll take manually changing all the hrefs over using JavaScript
>>
>>80327056
If I'm not mistaken the iso contains the minimal install(xfce4 and firefox and pulls the bloated install (office suite, and other programs) portions from the internet.

I could be wrong tho it's been awhile.

Most buntus are 1.7 to 2.4 gigs.
>>
>>80352494
I mean if you're going to do it manually anyways, doesn't a find and replace all do what you want?
>>
>>80352673
It will, I was just trying to be extra lazy with pure HTML
>>
File: 85735971_p0.jpg (487 KB, 1062x1500)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
What do I major in to get a job in robotics?
>>
>>80353049
CS, EE
I work in robotics, and got my masters in CS.
Specialized in computer vision.
Mostly jobs in medical and automobile indies.
>>
File: preamp.png (13 KB, 1381x59)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Is a pre-amp likely to help me pick up this station? I've been able to get a few frames here and there in the past, I've got a "long range" directional antenna that picks up the stations between me and this one.
>>
What exactly is a SIM card and how does it work? If I get one and replace the one in my phone can I just use it normally after or will I have to jump through hoops to make it work?
>>
>>80353104
Thanks, how have you liked the robotics scene so far?
>>
Any recommendations for video editing software? Need a 4 minute video of my screen + voice which I plan to do in OBS, but it will need to be cut and possibly have a few transitions. Do I really need to use Premiere Pro for something so simple?
>>
>>80353238
Sony Vegas
>>
>>80353188
mostly people very invested into their passion, but depending on the industry also lots of churn, reinventing the wheel and retarded standardization. In one company we had to write everything in c++ but basically just C but compiled with gcc4.3 which was 10 years old at the time already.
a bit specific... but other than that, shits and giggles all the way.
>>
So I'm planning on buying a new laptop and am a bit of a tech iliterate. I'm a second year chemical engineering student and I think I don't need any software more demanding than matlab and/or simulink. I might use it for some games, but nothing too demanding. I was considering an Acer Aspire, in particular, one with the following characteristics:
-Model: A315-56-594W
-RAM: 8gb DDR4
-256gb SSD
-Intel Core i5/processor speed 1.1GHz
-GPU: Intel Iris plus Graphics G4

How good/bad is this? I'm from a third world country and prices here are a bit steep. I can get the one from above for around 900$. This is the cheapest laptop with these specs am I able to get, everything else is $1k+. I read good things about the Aspire, but I'd figure I ask here to see if anybody knows. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>80353369
only recommendation i can give, is to get a laptop that allows RAM and harddisk upgrades. So no soldered shit. Even better if you can remove the fan without killing the thing.
>>
>install old NFS game for PC
>install widescreen and HD mods
>record with OBS
>it only records what would be the upper quarter of my screen
Do I have to change settings?
>>
is there a 4chanX equivalent for 420chan
>>
File: file.png (33 KB, 275x190)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
How in the world do i print custom photo sizes in windows 10? Can't find anything in google, just brings me to pages telling me how to print one of the couple pre defined sizes.
>>
System refuses to POST after I set the RAM voltage from 1.35v to 1.2v. I thought it'd be as easy as resetting CMOS, but it wasn't. First I tried unplugging the PSU and all non-essential peripherals and taking out the battery. No POST. Then I tried jumping the clear CMOS pins, after it didn't work I tried the same thing but also with removing the battery. Still nothing. Then I tried taking out a stick so it's only one stick in the system. All the while doing the other actions I named before. Also tried out a stick from a complately different RAM kit, which is still the same make and model though. Still didn't work. I've now again unplugged the PSU, removed the battery and placed the jumper on the CMOS pins and I intend to keep it like that over night. I suspect leftover power in the PSUs capacitors still supplied power to CMOS or something like that. I don't know, I'm getting desperate. Any suggestions on something else I should try?
>>
>anki is written in python
>usage doesn't require installing python interpreter
how does this work?
>>
>>80353921
Typically for clearing CMOS I unplug or turn off the PSU, pull the CMOS battery and then push the power button a few times or hold it down for a few seconds to clear any residual charge.
>>
>>80353932
maybe compiled with cython?
>>
>>80353959
Thanks, I'll try it.
>>
How do I type special characters if I don't have a numpad (I have a laptop)?
>>
>>80353921
I had the same problem, removing the CMOS battery did the trick. Do NOT alter anything with your RAM until you know you can boot
>>
what is the best chinese wifi usb stick?
>>
File: fugg.png (109 KB, 2102x591)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
Want to learn python.
Which one am I meant to use?
The guide I'm using doesn't say, just says download anaconda and then starts...
>>
>>80354917
Download PyCharm

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.