[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Punching_Pepe_Banner.jpg (44 KB, 800x450)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>3000 series card have been out for about 5 months now
>Xboxs and PS5 have been out for 4
>all still remain entirely unavailable to normal people, and only available by mere chance to those 'in the know' due to bots
>not a single online store, not a ONE, has even pretended to do a thing about the rampant botting problem
How is this allowed?
Shame on the botters and scalpers for officially being "those guys", but doubly shame on retailers for showing their blatant disregard.
>>
people have extra money to spend from da gubment checks. Give it another year it will return to normal again when the normies realize they can't build a PC correctly.
>>
>>79684419
>lol just wait
You realize that the mindset of a cuck
>”go ahead and fuck my wife, the whole gang even, run train! I can wait :)”
>>
>>79684447
the fuck are you even talking about? You sound underage
>>
>>79684419
op is a faggot but this is obviously not natural and NVIDIA and AMD, along with every retailer enabled this fake demand to exceed supply so they could justify raising prices
>extra gubment money
retarded cope
>>
>>79684367
the steam survey still counts ZERO 3070s.
i met one guy that claimed to have a 3070.
>>
I cant comment on the GPUs, but unless you make a living using consoles for Twitch/YouTube or a tech review site, its stupid as shit to buy them at launch. I made that mistake with 360 and PS3. I’ll wait until the PS5 Slim/Pro/Uber upgrade which will probably come later this year for when they’ve worked out all the kinks.
>>
>give every retard thousands of dollars for existing while a bad flu season happens
>wtf why inflation and no luxury goods?????
welcome to the new normal
all the bugs you want to eat, no GPUs
>>
File: 1608069982014.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1080)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>79684685

I've seen two 3070s, one 3080, and one 3090 in real life and can confirm they exist
>>
>>79684760
it's like people don't understand basic economics anymore

and you get idiots like this
>>79684447
>>79684493
>>
>>79684913

Why not increase production then?
>>
>supply chain is in the shit globally
>Anon is concerned about videogames
I know farmers that can't source parts. It's going to get worse so long as the overreaction to the virus continues.
>>
>>79685042
>young people give up their future to stop a virus that primarily kills old people

>grandma, can you please not take a round the world trip? Its hurting the environment and is gonna give us a worse world to live in
>lol, fuck you kid
>>
File: 1568832513201.jpg (133 KB, 748x642)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>79685090

Zoomers deserve nothing.
>>
>>79684685
i own a 3070 anon.
>>
>>79685042

>overreaction
>killed over 4,000 in the USA alone the other day
>>
>>79684367
Would things be this way without the pandamic?
>>
>>79684493
Nvidia hasn't raised their prices at all. They still charge their original rate for any RTX 30 card when it hits their stores. It's the resellers and scalpers charging the 30% premium.
If Nvidia was the only supplier of the 3070/3080 and were doing what EVGA is doing, there'd easily be enough GPUs for everyone but there's a massive issue of shortages because they have faggots ordering 30 3080s at once for their mining rigs or to resell. AMD did the same and now we have 6800 selling for nearly 50% more while the XT is now more expensive than the 6900XT.
>>
>>79685213
4000 deaths when the criteria to be recorded as a Covid death, like the UK, is simply presence of the virus in their systems at time of death.
Meanwhile, the factory where I work just had 20 people sent home after a mobile test centre reported that they all had Covid and not a single one had symptoms.
>>
>>79685213
No excess mortality, no care.
>>
>>79684367
Income equality seems like a desirable outcome, sure. In reality though, the fact that 80% of the money ends up with the 1% is the only thing stopping rampant inflation.
>>
>>79684367

For what its wortth Best Buy has an effective anti-bot setup. They only release new in demand shit once a week though usually on Tuesdays. Typically you go, click the button that you want to buy/add to cart, and then it goes unclickable for awhile with a little message saying "We're releasing more throughout the day, so eventually this will turn yellow, let you add it to cart. Do so ASAP as everyone else is doing the same goddamn thing". Not a horrid system really.

Ultimately, though its a number of things .Yes, bots are part of it. You can combat this with notification communities and/or even running your own bot. However, there's also just a fuckload of people who want to buy this stuff. Combined with shortages of manufacturing. Hell, there are CARS that are not being manufactured now because the chips they need fabricated are not available currently. Samsung, TMSC etc.. .are basically pre-sold (some of this being to miners and shit which is frustrating), but there are a lot of people who need the same chip fab demands and it isn't something you can just scale up immediately when needed and then bring back down without loads of money.

There are many, many issues leading to it - huge mining thanks to BTC and ETH value, high demand for all sorts of silicon, and of course lets not forget one final fuck you from Trump on tariffs on GPUs, Mobos and all that shit if it was partially built in China - this is why on Jan 1 or latest Jan 11th prices for GPUs jumped by about 25% for many cards! No, this is not scalpers - this is the fucking MSRP. Its really quite frustrating ; I'm not sure if consoles also were affected by the tariffs or not, but they damn well should be.
>>
>>79685242
It still would have been bad, we would probably only be a few months away from stock normalizing, Instead of 2022.
>>
>>79685490
No, the scalpers bots have already figured out best buys system.
>>
>>79685533

Some have, but its better than pretty much anyone else's system which fucking doesn't even try or in many cases makes the problem worse (ie Newegg is a total shitshow). I bought 2 highly desirable 3090 models (EVGA FTW3 Ultra, Asus ROG STRIX OC) via Amazon and Best Buy respectively, without even using bots - just notification communities and manual clicking . RUnning my own bot I did buy one or two things for friends' builds, one from Amazon and Newegg. Also Microcenter iis basically unbottable as desirable shit is not sold online at all, only in person.
>>
>>79684367
>>not a single online store, not a ONE, has even pretended to do a thing about the rampant botting problem
...why would they? they still get a sale, they still make money, what's it matter to them if it's a bot that buys it?
>>
>>79684913
It's because of the tariffs you pretentious moron.
>>
I got a 3070 today
>>
>>79684367
Welcome to communism and the breadlines.
>>
>>79684367
>not a single store...
why the fuck the store should care? they dont give a damn who will buy the items, whether a scalper or normal user
>>
>>79685315
It's funny that they're not testing grocery store workers in mass. They don't give a shit and expect people to self police themselves because if mr. shekelstein can't make profit then he's the real victim. They didn't close a single large retail store down, but the small businesses were the real spreaders. Oh and can't forget about Amazon, they're really fucking essential too.
>>
>>79685490
>huge demand thanks to people abusing cryptocurrencies, peoples need for the latest thing, awful optimizations for modern software, etc.
>also fuck drumpf for raising prices!

Maybe we should have stopped so dependent on china after all?!?! Sorry that you think that 25% means jack shit when people gladly pay 200-300% over msrp because they must consoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom. Sure it sucks but if people don't wanna pay for it then they wont. They made their bed they can lie in it.
>>
You can literally write a bot to buy them in a few hours, I bought a few for myself and some of my friends. Bitching that someone beat you is a losers mindset.
>>
>>79684990
There's literally a thousand issues happening right now.
>micron factory blackout so g6 short supply
>substrate supply issues
>nvidia selling half its packages directly to mining firms
>tsmc booked to the limit
>AMD having to juggle its wafer allocation between consoles, gpus, ryzen and epyc
>ramp time in general
>christmas-spike tier demand since march
>shipping containers booked out, so even in cases where there is product ready it piles up in chinese warehouses
>air freight bidding war against apple and co.
>almost no passenger planes starting where they'd normally stash a pallet or two in the cargo aswell
>>
Psst, come to eastern europe, we have plenty of unsold Xboxes at MSRP.
>>
lel
>>
>>79685442
>mortality
what about all the excess cripples?
>>
>>79684990
They are increasing production. Problem was switching from arf immersion to euv. Can't use your old tools for EUV, production chain needs to be COMPLETELY rebuilt for anything under 10nm. What's worse, there's only one company producing wholesale EUV tools and they're charging $120mil per pop. What's even worse, is that EUV machines have 1/6th of the throughput. Apparently that has been improved but it still costs waaay more in EUV production
>>
File: 1517951557579.gif (51 KB, 413x243)
51 KB
51 KB GIF
>>79684447
>OMG I GOTTA BUY THE NVIDEORINO AND CONSOLORINO AT LAUNCH TO PLAY VIDEO-GAMERINO

Bad news for ya, you're the cuck here getting shit consoles with no games and possibly undiscovered problems for a higher price.

Don't be this kind of person, it's bad for ya, nobody dies because they waited a bit to buy vidya
>>
>>79691058
best post all day
>>
It's not even just bots, a lot of people are becoming opportunistic scalpers. I was also really looking forward to buying a card and I had the chance to buy a 3090, but after it arrived I saw I could make like $400 by reselling it so I just did that instead

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.