[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 0*oTfm1pTXLxitHHFy.jpg (815 KB, 2560x1600)
815 KB
815 KB JPG
Old thread: >>79673811

What are you working on, /g/?
>>
rust
>>
File: smaller psychoboss.gif (3.09 MB, 418x230)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB GIF
>>79684116
this thing, got the arena built, fixed some bugs with appending the arms.
>>
>>79684150
Why is the player character a yellow ballsack?
>>
>>79684150

Why is the main character male genitalia?
>>
>>79684017
>why you need DBus? Use unix domain sockets.
I'm interacting with an external service that uses DBus, so I kind of have to.
I'm not really a huge fan of DBus in general, mainly because how many people, especially Gnome, misuse it.
>>
File: rcpomaolpl.png (975 KB, 1024x1024)
975 KB
975 KB PNG
>>79684172
>>79684157
now that you mention it... Anyway, he's an abstract animaloid or something.
>>
friendly reminder that anyone who unironically uses getters and setters for the sole purpose of future proofing against future changes to class members is a degenerate brainlet and should be shot before they spread the software engineering snake oil salesman cargo cult disease to any more new developers
>>
do people that use c/c++ write makefiles themselves or use some kind of generator? where do i learn how to write makefiles or what are good makefile generators?
>>
x.cpp
#include<iostream>
#include"x.h"

int main() {
int cmd, a, b; //cmd for choosing 4 options 1 addition 2 subtraction 3 multiplication 4 division and two variables to ues to do the calculations

std::cin >> cmd; //user chooses what type of arithmetic operation he wants to perform

switch(cmd) //switch testing user input
{
case 1:
input(a, b); //function from x.h takes two intergers and asks user to assign values with std::cin
std::cout << a + b << std::endl; //prints results of calculation to console
break;
case 2:
input(a, b);
std::cout << a - b << std::endl;
break;
case 3:
input(a, b);
std::cout << a * b << std::endl;
break;
case 4:
input(a, b);
std::cout << a / b << std::endl;
break;
default: //incase the user types a number bigger than 4
std::cout << "something went wrong\n";
break;
}
return 0;
}
//problems:
//it gives weird results if you take substraction and type "50 - 25" it outputs -1773511261
//and also for some reason the std::endl at the end of the cout’s doesnt do anything

x.h
#pragma once

int input(int x, int y) {
std::cin >> y;
std::cin >> x;
}
>>
>>79684228
No, people usually just use visual studios and just let everything magically work.
Then people use cmake because they want their code to work on both windows and linux, but it isn't all that simple.
There is also codeblocks / codelite, which works in a simple and dumb way.
>>
>>79684262
input is int and doesnt return anything
input's paremeters aren't references so it wont do anything to a or b
why not move input(a, b) out of the switch block
>>
>>79684195
I hope you downscaled it and that's not the actual in game texture
>>
>>79684339
>input doesnt return anything
holy shit how didnt i see that
>why not move input(a, b) out of the switch block
im autistic move it to where?
>>
>>79684368
for memory or because it looks bad?
>>
>>79684228
I wrote one template makefile and just copy paste it into every project I create, filling in the variables and maybe a few modifications if required.
>>
Trying to translate some stuff from MATLAB to Numpy. I can't make anything work. Either the guy who wrote the MATLAB code is retarded, or I am.
>>
File: 1556458812117.png (817 KB, 1193x810)
817 KB
817 KB PNG
>>79684228
I use Meson for all of my C projects now.

A few lines of build definition, and you get something that just werks and has all of the features you need from a built system.
>>
>>79684374
right above the switch. that'll make it ask for input even on the default case though, maybe you don't want that
also you might want to cast a and/or b to a float/double when doing division
>>
>>79684116
I don't program but that za looks delicious
>>
>>79684377
both.
you are wasting a lot of memory.
you are incurring the cost of subsampling a large texture every single frame.
and it gets downscaled by the shitty bilinear hardware scaler so it looks garbage.
you are also increasing load times.
>>
>>79684262
When you input,

due to the way the input is ordered, you are making the minuend 25 and the subtracthend 50, in effect doing 25 - 50 instead of 50 - 25. The weird numbers might occur from when you loop back around to the negatives. Your subtraction instruction might operate as unsigned while your print assumes a signed int. At least that's what I assume it is.
Try changing your input function to:
}

and see if that works.
>>
File: pomao.png (4 KB, 128x128)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>79684452
Hmm, thank you. It's a recent change from this, I just forgot all that stuff you mentioned.
>>
>>79684150
Looks fun.
>>
>>79684477
Forgot to change it. fml.
}
>>
File: 1610585612300.jpg (1.09 MB, 1030x1458)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>79684228
just write build.sh
build systems are bad because they all involve some shitty dsl that are useless otherwise, the only exception i've seen is waf
>>
>>79684492
I may have misunderstood your post a bit. when I said it looks bad, I meant it looks pixelated and low quality after it goes through the shitty hardware scaler. The actual art is good.
Pre-downscale the image using a high quality scaling algorithm like lanczos and load and render that instead. It'll look better and run faster.
>>
>>79684406
>>79684228
dont use make. I always used to recommend cmake but meson is great too.

>>79684540
based brainlet. my build.sh just calls meson and ninja
>>
>>79684581
Cmake is a trashfire in its own way.
>>
>>79684262
Don't move it out of the switch block, just reference and dereference it properly.
#include<iostream>
int input(int *x, int *y) {// declare local with * to make them address pointers
std::cin >> *x;//dereferences by using * to load new values into those addresses
std::cin >> *y;
return 0;
}
int main() {
int cmd, a, b;
std::cin >> cmd;

switch(cmd)
{
case 1:
input(&a, &b); // & here tosend the address instead of the value
std::cout << a + b << std::endl;
break;
case 2:
input(&a, &b);
std::cout << a - b << std::endl;
break;
case 3:
input(&a, &b);
std::cout << a * b << std::endl;
break;
case 4:
input(&a, &b);
std::cout << a / b << std::endl;
break;
default:
std::cout << "something went wrong\n";
break;
}
return 0;
}
>>
>>79684600
I've never used it, what's so bad about it?
>>
File: 1606770506954.webm (875 KB, 720x1280)
875 KB
875 KB WEBM
what are some good entry-mid level programming questions?

not the type that's literally programming, but the type you'd see on a test.
e.g. what type of sorting algorithm is this? why would this loop error out? what data structure would you use to do X? given that you're using Dijkstra's algorithm, calculate how long it would take to find the shortest path from point A to point C.
type stuff.
>>
File: comparison.gif (615 KB, 210x175)
615 KB
615 KB GIF
>>79684559
>lanczos
Thanks, I tried it out. Left-facing is 1024x1024, right is compressed to near-scale. It loses the weird lines from the canvas texture compression, it's probably better that way but I kinda liked them.
>>
>>79684612
using input(int &x, int &y) would mean you don't have to modify the calls in main and looks better imo
>>
>>79684581
imagine needing to install TWO packages just to build your program
at least waf doesn't require anything other than python
>>
>>79684630
Ugly syntax.
Special snowflake dependency system, yet you realistically still need to use pkg-config defeating the whole point.
Horrible mix of "old" and "new" dependency handling, where you realistically can't get away from the old style.
Old style is fragile and requires you to manually pass a bunch of arguments around, and it's very easy to mess up.
Subproject support is extremely shit, requiring you to run build-time commands at the configure step.
>>
>>79684644
cute snek
>>
>>79684639

A good one is how would you implement a basic virtual machine. What are the data structures involved. Provide a basic high-level design document of a complete machine. It is like a weekend to a week long homework project to fully implement one for a middle-level programming class.
>>
>>79684612
thx dude
>>
>>79684654
>It looks better
He needs to know how pointers work at some point and moving them out of the statement means he still needs to change every case in the statement and needs to change his input exception handling to be at the stort. Anyway, let him write code how he wants. You can't learn very well if you are constanly swayed by the subjective tastes of another.
>>
>>79684725
I mean more something that you can give someone at say a job interview and expect them to finish in a semi-reasonable time.

Not making one for a job interview or anything. Just curious if hypothetically someone was making one what would they put on there.
>>
>>79684736
Absolutely no problem. Glad to help.
>>
I will never make a compiler. I refuse to.
>>
>>79684540
This. But not write -- generate it from your VS solution/project(s).
>>
>>79684116
Playing Ultima Online
>>
>>79684116
A (primitive) preprocessor for TypeScript sources.
>>
>>79684749

Then you're probably on the right track depending on job type just ask about common algorithms and how they would solve problems. Anything specific literally depends on the domain you're hiring for. A theoretical Ai programmer needs completely different skills than a real-time flight navigation programmer.

A decent starting point might be just grabbing things from this list https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/top-algorithms-and-data-structures-for-competitive-programming/
>>
>>79684896
A daily reminder that competitive "programmers" are useless trash outside of "programming" competitions.
>>
>>79684921
>takes 2 days of googling to find out a solution
>implements it wrong anyways
>I-i'm just as good as they are!
>>
>>79684921

Care to explain what exactly you're talking about?
>>
>>79684982
At competition you are tasked to solve completely defined task with strictly defined, always valid input in a ~hour. This results in a throw away code that is highly specialized.
At a job you have completely different situation, starting with vague wants instead of mathematically precise task description and ending with a code that will be maintained and modified in all foreseeable future.
As you can see, it is completely different skillsets and problem solving approaches.
>>
#pragma once

#ifndef FAGGOT_H
#def FAGGOT_H
#endif

Which one do you use and -- more importantly -- why?
>>
>>79685157
pragma because it is supported in all big 3 compilers and is easier to type.
>>
Why is shell sort so neat bros?
>>
>>79685069

Day to day programming is usually just gluing shit together to hit a deadline. How about the overlap where the specific problem isn't so vaguely defined and a generic solution has already been made? There are large sections of common tasks that the same algorithms from a competition become applicable for. So it isn't necessarily useless to have the skills from coding competitions. Just have it tempered with good coding practices. Where you ensure that data is valid and has proper error handling/testing procedures.
>>
File: 1610584166772.jpg (90 KB, 960x572)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>79685254
Have all the sorting algorithms been found?
>>
>>79685256
It's completely different of how you expected to operate in competition.
Nothing wrong with participating in programming competitions as a hobby, occasionally, for fun. But professional "competitive programmers"? Miss with that shit, bro. Stick to your competition, I don't want to be near your code.
>>
>>79684228
In CMake this is just:
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.15)

project(
anons_c_project
DESCRIPTION "I am going to make programs holy shit"
HOMEPAGE_URL "https://example.com/"
VERSION 1.0.0
LANGUAGES C
)

# Globbing is gay and not portable, just list everything manually
set(
sources
source/main.c
include/main.h
)

add_executable(holy_shit_a_program ${sources})
target_include_directories(
holy_shit_a_program
PRIVATE # this means build requirement, but there is also usage requirement
"${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/include"
)
target_compile_features(holy_shit_a_program PRIVATE c_std_99)

# I'm using dependencies oh shit of fuck
find_package(ZLIB REQUIRED)
target_link_libraries(holy_shit_a_program PRIVATE ZLIB::ZLIB)

# Nice default locations since CMake 3.14
install(TARGETS holy_shit_a_program)

# Instant packaging support holy crap this is so easy
include(CPack)

Of course for library code this is wholly incomplete, but for programs it okay. This will give you a relocatable installation, but not a relocatable CMake package.
>>
>>79685312
Please cease posting shock and gore content.
Thank you.
>>
>>79685340
I didn't post ugly, nonportable, unmaintainable, write-only makefile garbage tho.
>>
>>79685374
That is commendable.
>>
>>79685274
No, Shell sort was invented in 1962 so there hasn't been thousands of years yet.
>>
I'm making a desktop application with react and electron. Is there a setting in chrome devtools that will let me see the state and props of react components while my application runs? I'm running it outside the browser with electron so I don't have access to any plugins.
>>
>>79685456
GOD WHY WOULD YOU USE ELECTRON PLEASE LET THAT SHIT DIE
>>
>>79685157
ifndef, because it is standard, and pragma once is not.
>>
>>79685312

Add about 6 more dependencies, separate your sources into around 20 or 30 c files with headers, and add in a more complex building + linking process. OH and at least 10 of those separate c + header files should be built into a dll that the main program uses.
>>
>>79685474
Fags like you are why they won't make it standard, same with two's complement for years.
>>
File: 1583743229634.png (553 KB, 760x839)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
>>79685456
>I'm making a desktop application with react and electron
>>
I want to get out of web dev. What's a good alternative career path? Should I just take the C++ pill already?
>>
>>79684116
I'm poking around timezones. So far I got to:
>https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3159023/how-do-i-get-the-date-of-the-start-and-end-of-daylight-savings
>The rules for daylight saving time are complex and set by man so there isn't an algorithm you can use.
My use case is a world clock, so I don't need to calculate past dates or anything fancy and I can set up the cities beforehand. This should make it easier than some complex solutions I'm finding (usually requiring login/API keys or doing big math), but I'm still struggling to know how can I know if they're in daylight saving or not.
>>
>>79686026
Start with the Enterprise Java Monkey path.
>>
>>79686028
You'll have to find the rollforward/rollback times for each state in each country. It is usually the same time and date each year that it happens.
>>
>>79686028
maybe https://www.iana.org/time-zones would be helpful? depending on the language theres libraries that make dealing with timezones a lot easier too, for example howard hinnant's date library for C++ which got standardized in C++20 makes what youre doing pretty simple
>>
>>79685157
when will C++ make pragma once standard?
>>
>>79686094
>It is usually the same time and date each year that it happens.
In huehue it used to be decided on a year by year basis, considering astronomical summer end date would be close to Carnaval, and no-one wanted confused gringoes missing their flights. Lula set a precise date that changed if it coincided with Carnaval (like 2nd weekend, unless Carnaval, then 3rd). But now Bolsonaro ended DST.

I'm pretty sure other countries have similar circuses, no?

>>79686152
Will check, thanks. I'm pretty language agnostic, but currently leaning towards JS.
>>
>>79686205
Never, because according to standard, a TU might not be a file.
>>
>>79686231
Australia is first Sunday in October, first Sunday in April, but not all states use DST.
>>
>>79686026

C# is probably a better option. Java enterprise if you don't mind Pajeet coding horror hell. Both of them are pretty bad but coming from web dev it shouldn't be much of an adjustment.

Don't try for C or C++ unless you're ready to get really comfortable with the dirty details behind memory management you don't really see often in web dev.

Worst case you could get into cellphone app development it shares a lot of similarities with modern web shit.
>>
>>79686028
>but I'm still struggling to know how can I know if they're in daylight saving or not.
You don't. Policy changes happen enough that you'll be out of date if you hardcode it.
>>
File: climbingleaderboard.png (48 KB, 864x530)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>Abort called - double free or corruption (out)
what am I doing wrong here?? commenting out the swap function call removes the error(but gives the wrong answer, obviously)
Basically, i'm adding the player score to the (already sorted) array of scores and doing a bubble sort from the end while simultaneously decrementing the rank.

int findDenseRank(vector<int> ranks);
void swap(int *a, int *b);

vector<int> climbingLeaderboard(vector<int> ranked, vector<int> player) {

vector<int> finalscores;
for(int i=0; i<player.size();i++)
{
ranked.push_back(player[i]); // add player score to ranks
finalscores.push_back(findDenseRank(ranked)); //get dense rank and add to finalscores
}
return finalscores;
}

int findDenseRank(vector<int> ranks){ //given that rank array is currently sorted except for the new element at the end!

int dRank = ranks.size();

int swappedNumber = ranks[ranks.size()-1];//last element

for(int i = ranks.size()-1; i >=0 ; i--)
{
if(ranks[i]>ranks[i-1] ) //if player score is greater than the one before it
{
if(ranks[i-1]!=swappedNumber)
dRank--;

swappedNumber = ranks[i-1];
swap(ranks[i],ranks[i-1]);

}
else break; // break if no swap
}
return dRank;
}

void swap(int *a, int *b){
int t = *a;
*a = *b;
*b = t;
return;
}

>>
>>79686563
looks like you are passing the value of some element in ranks to swap instead of a pointer. if you give swap the address to the element with &ranks[x] or modify swap to take a reference it shouldn't give you that error
>>
>>79686324
>can't hardcode
That got me thinking calling an API or get an up to date library from a CDN, hence leaning towards JS. Also considering scrapping timeanddate.com or some thing.

But this isn't a serious project or anything. Just an idea for fun, because I thought it would be easier. I just had another fun idea rn and I'm thinking about pursuing before this one.

The original idea, in case anyone was curious, was that I was watching the news, I thought about how hard it would be to make a world clock in the corner like those news sites for OBS. Now I had an idea about trying to get an RSS into a crawler.
>>
>>79686686
> if you give swap the address to the element with &ranks[x] or modify swap to take a reference
I tried these, it's still broken
I should have mentioned, I'd tried the usual swapping method before but that didn't work either.
t=ranks[i];
ranks[i]=ranks[i-1];
ranks[i-1]=t;

I thought relegating it to a separate function and using pointers would magically fix it somehow.
>>
File: 1582788878430.png (440 KB, 475x571)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>79684116
AAAAAAHHHH GAINS GOBLIN NO PLEASE! NOT MY GAINS! SAVE ME ZYZZ DON'T LET THEM TAKE MY GAINS FUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>79686964
dude, just do basic debugging here. eg: in your swap function, put:

int t;
printf("a = %d\n", *a);
t = *a;
printf("b = %d\n", *b);
*a = *b;
printf("t = %d\n", t);
*b = t;
return;

then, run it and see what the last thing was before the crash. that'll point you in the right direction
>>
>Google question
>someone has the same question on stack overflow
>first answer
>omg don't tell me you're one of THOSE losers with a super specific situation and use case. Instead of solving that just use [unrelated software that in no way solves the use case]
>second answer is a link to an irrelevant previous question
>third is a link to a dead page
Fucking hate this meme site.
>>
>>79687183
Ask the question here
>>
Soon I'm gonna learn some shit
>>
>>79684157
lol, this t b h
>>
>>79687183
PMed you the solution :)
>>
>>79687197
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
>>
>>79687183
Nevermind I just figured it out
>>
>>79684262
it could be that it's doing some weird parsing with you math (eg: the minus sign gets interpreted different from how you're expecting it). maybe try computing the result first and then just coating that. eg: in case 2, do:

int r = a-b;
std::cout << r << std:endl;
>>
>>79684262
Use fmt for printing.
>>
File: stux.jpg (79 KB, 500x335)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
it's high time you started contributing to floss.
>but I can't do anything
You can spread the word, tell people about floss. Plus there are areas for non-programmers where they are of considerable help, from doing artistic and multimedia work to supporting maintainer teams to creating translations to documentation.
>>
>>79686985
l u l
u
l
>>
>>79687406
I tell people about bitcoin all the time
>>
>>79684125
based
>>
Which one of you jerks posted this? https://eddieabbondanz.io/post/c-sharp/abusing-for-loops-for-job-security/
>>
const readline = require("readline");
const rl = readline.createInterface({
input: process.stdin,
output: process.stdout
});

rl.question("What is your name ? ", function(name) {
rl.question("Where do you live ? ", function(country) {
console.log(`${name}, is a citizen of ${country}`);
rl.close();
});
});

So THIS is the power of javascript.
>>
>>79687619
You did
>>
File: thonk.png (7 KB, 112x112)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>79687907
>>
>>79687619
Now this is /g/ funposting: https://www.famicol.in/sigbovik/
>>
>>79687889
I KNEEL
>>
File: 1523386156678.jpg (17 KB, 250x245)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>79687942
>To be fair to Perl, when perl is run with the -w flag to enable warnings, it does helpfully inform the user that at some point in the future, the Perl developers will most likely pick gggijgziifiiffif as a new reserved word
>>
>>79685312
i know this is a joke and all but i want you to know i fucking hate you. you, personally, for using cmake. fuck you. after being forced to learn ROS as my first ever real exposure to programming, if i ever have to look at a CMakeLists.txt again i'm going to tear off my own nuts
>>
Hold up... the HKTs that I keep hearing functional brogrammers raving about are just like C++ higher order template parameters? lmao
>>
File: 1594414020038.png (521 KB, 705x645)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
>>79687942
> 93% of Paint Splatters are Valid Perl Programs
Published April 1, 2019

TLDR: read the paper and view the gallery of pretty Perl programs.

In this paper, we aim to answer a long-standing open problem in the programming languages community: is it possible to smear paint on the wall without creating valid Perl?

> We answer this question in the affirmative: it is possible to smear paint on the wall without creating a valid Perl program.

Finally, a solution to all my problems
>>
I need to get 9 and 4 from this, why I am getting 3 and 4?
using System;

namespace ConsoleApp1
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
NextBiggerThan(534976);
}

public static int? NextBiggerThan(int number)
{
string str = Convert.ToString(number);
int i;
int j;
int minNum = 0;
int maxNum = 0;
int[] numArr = new int[str.Length];
for (i = 0; i <= str.Length - 1; i++)
{
numArr[i] = Convert.ToInt32(str[i]) - '0';
}
for (i = numArr.Length - 1; i >= 0; i--)
{
for (j = i - 1; j > 0; j--)
{
if (numArr[i] > numArr[j])
{
maxNum = numArr[i];
minNum = numArr[j];
break;
//i is 4
//j is 9
}
}
}
Console.WriteLine(minNum);
Console.WriteLine(maxNum);

return 1;
}
}
}

>>
>>79688145
maybe because the break only breaks out of the inner loop
>>
>>79688051
Templates are just textual substitution. Passing a macro into a macro isn't exactly rocket science. Actually integrating them into the type system is something else entirely. C++ only gained that ability in the last few years with concepts, whereas Haskell has been doing it since 1993.
>>
Found the Programming Pedos hangout spot.

Psychos...all of you involved.
>>
>>79688257
I tried to break from all loops as well but its either nothing in return or 3 and 4 again
>>
>>79687406
fuck off communist
>>
>>79684125
BASED
>>
>>79688018
ROS and catkin are omega fucking shit. CMake 3.12+ as an actual cross-platform build system for C and C++ is fine.
>>
How the fuck do I into cross compiling?
Documentation is so terrible.
>>
>>79688332
you need to decrement i and j together in one loop, not in two nested loops
>>
>>79688408
Thanks
>>
So is functional programming just having a shit ton of functions that you pass states around in? Seems way less comfy than OOP.
>>
>>79688405
Depends what you are doing. In my experience the easiest way is to simply have a machine of every configuration that you want to distribute on and compile natively.
>>
>>79684116
learning clojure
>>
>>79688405
Use Rust.
>>
>>79688700
I'm trying to compile a Qt project on Windows and I have no idea what I'm doing
>>
>>79688749
I knew that is what you were doing because I ran into that same problem like a month ago. After hours of searching the only real answer is "install qtcreator on a windows machine and compile there". You will find some people doing black magic with mingw but these solutions are scuffed and most people just do what I say.
>>
>>79688732
I'm using it alright.
I tried writing a linear algebra library with it, but holy shit that was so much harder than in Python.
>>
>>79688405
Use a virtual machine for each target.
>>
numbers = [1,2,3,4]
What I need is:
combinations =
This isn't even an assignment, I need it for a task at work.
It's not permutations.
>>
File: 1462970641659.png (754 KB, 736x715)
754 KB
754 KB PNG
I'm writing a library that does a whole bunch of async shit. I'm writing an init function that does several back and forth trips to a server, setting up a session and whatnot.
I wonder if I should make my API async too, or if that would be too much of a pain in the ass for users. It would mean adding a bunch of callbacks, but the API is going to have a bunch of those anyway.
>>
>>79689924
That's called a power set.
>>
>>79689924
... it's combinations then
>>
>>79689944
Thank fucking god.
>>
should i learn scala
>>
File: wtf.png (92 KB, 889x662)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
holy shit bros, I'm stumped on a question from my first assignment from UNI. Needs to be written in C#... HOW THE FUCK is this possible? I SUCK AT LOOPS
>>
File: 1369446960901.png (20 KB, 256x310)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>79690010
Shit man, I don't think it can be done. They're assigned you an impossible question.
You should complain to the head of department about this.
>>
>>79690029
I have low IQ man.. It's from spending 80% of my waking hours watching porn/rubbing my balls and playing nothing but mmos and ninty vidya.. It's not my fault bro, now please help a fellow anon out.. I forgot how to do loops, I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>79690010
Post an attempt, this is trivial stuff and you a probably overthinking it.
>>
>>79684116
how do I make the ideal pizza crust like that?
>>
In C, it is not possible to write the type of a function that returns a pointer to itself. I wonder how hasklets solve that.
>>
>>79690010
Use a pencil and paper, write down pseudocode on what you think should happen, then program it. That should help with this assignment
>>
>>79690010
sum += i
>>
>>79690074
>>79690082
>>79690051
You guys are fucking awesome, I'm shedding tears rn because I have no frens to talk about this stuff, but at least I have you guys. This assignment isn't due until February 10, so I'm gonna do some more C# review and try and tackle this later. Thanks for the advice bros.. I'll be in these threads a lot from now until summer, I need to pass this class.
>>
>>79690068
(define (lisp)
(displayln "Lisp wins again")
lisp-wins-again)

(((((((((lisp)))))))))

STATIC TYPING BTFO
>>
>>79690010
Don't worry bud, I'll help you out:
import java.util.stream.*;

public class prog {
private static IntStream.Builder populate(IntStream.Builder b, int n) {
return n == 0 ? b : populate(b, n - 1).add(n);
}

public static void main(String[] args) {
populate(IntStream.builder(), 10).build().reduce(0, (acc, n) -> {
acc += n;
System.out.printf("%-3d %d\n", n, acc);
return acc;
});
}
}
>>
>>79690227
>import java
>tfw too dump to identify if this is a troll post or not
>>
File: 1610398710889.jpg (316 KB, 1200x1828)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
Why does seeing java in /dpt/ make me laugh every damn time?
>>
>>79690249
Microsoft Java (i.e. C#) and Java are basically the same thing.

>>79690252
I'm not primarily a Java developer, but I know enough of it to be able to shitpost with it.
>>
println(((1 to 10 toArray) scanLeft(0))(_+_) mkString "\n")

is scala the lisp of OOP?
>>
File: versions.png (5 KB, 520x58)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
This error is driving me mad lads, I've gone through every csproj file and there is not a single reference to v4.2.0.0 of System.Net.Http, could another reference be referencing it? What should I do about it?
>>
>>79690010
C++ full solution:
#include <fmt/core.h>

enum class Keyword{
FOR,
WHILE,
DOWHILE
};

template <Keyword key>
void printSum(int ceil);

template <>
void printSum<Keyword::WHILE>(int ceil){
int count = 0;
int sum = 0;
while(count < ceil){
count++;
sum += count;
fmt::print("{:<2} {:<2}\n", count, sum);
}
};

template <>
void printSum<Keyword::FOR>(int ceil){
for(int count = 1, sum = count; count <= ceil; count++, sum+=count){
}
};

template <>
void printSum<Keyword::DOWHILE>(int ceil){
if(ceil <= 0){ return; }
int count = 0;
int sum = 0;
do{
count++;
sum += count;
}while(count < ceil);
};
>>
>>79690342
So sepples now has 3 ways in the standard library to print something?
Wow, what a clusterfuck.
>>
>>79690271
java is a relatively small language, right?
Like, interfaces, methods, classes and simple data types is all that makes it, no?
>>
>>79690367
>java is a relatively small language, right?
No. In fact, it's one of the most bloaty languages there is.

>Like, interfaces, methods, classes and simple data types is all that makes it, no?
You can boil down most languages like that, and even if you strip them of their standard library, Java would not be considered small.
>>
>>79690354
Not in the standard until C++23, but it is clearly superior to both printf and the iostreams. There are also other ways to print things, for example putchar.
>>
>>79690379
What exactly makes it big? I think C# is bigger than java. Like value types, operator overloading, {set; get;}, etc.
What are some less discussed java features that i might not know about? I'm preparing for internship interview :3
>>
>>79690392
nobody in /dpt/ actually knows java, we just shitpost about it
>>
>>79690386
>putchar
That falls into the same category as C standard I/O functions.
>superior to [...] iostreams
Literally anything would be superior to that garbage.

My point is that this insanely bloated language is getting more and more bloated.
>>
>>79690399
bitch i don't think i know either
but maybe there are people here that do.
so i'm asking
also, what the fuck is spring and how do you eat it?
>>
>>79690403
Your right, we should never add new features, that's bloat.
>>
>>79690342
Based fmt Chad, can't wait for gcc to add it to the standard library, also it's apparently a c++20 feature, gcc11 with modules is gonna destroy clang and msvc
>>
>>79690414
I know languages need to be backwards compatible and all, but do they even deprecate the old shit?
>>
>>79690412
spring is a web framework
>>
>>79690440
A lot of stream stuff is being deprecated, but it is more just alternatives. I doubt they'll ever deprecate outputting iostreams as taking inputs using them is still useful.
>>
>>79685301
the people i know who are successful at competitive programming are also all excellent programmers.
the "competitive programmers write worse code" meme is just a popular cope by people who got filtered by competitive programming or are looking for a reason to avoid challenging themselves.
>>
>>79689924
>>79689944
>>79689952
Thank you based anon.
I'm trying to dynamically create a bridge table:
https://www.kimballgroup.com/2012/02/design-tip-142-building-bridges/
Now to query the list of IDs to generate the initial set.
>>
>>79690379
>it's one of the most bloaty languages there is.
wrong/shit opinion
language syntax is actually very clean, thanks to refraining from relying on symbolic operators and keywords to do everything
instead the standard library is big (and thus capable) and even if there's some special functionality, it uses normal code syntax rather than special keywords/symbols

there's some textual overhead in Java code (more words to write a Hello World) but it quickly becomes negligible once you do anything practical
>>
>>79690503
Try using some other languages sometime. Things exist that make freestanding C look bloated by comparison, and freestanding C is WAY less bloated as a language than Java is.
>>
>>79690587
>Things exist that make freestanding C look bloated by comparison
like?
>>
>>79690645
Probably some autistic variant of lisp/scheme would meet that requirement.
>>
>>79690587
>needs TWO parameters to pass an array and its length to a function
>not bloated
>>
>>79690678
I don't think you know what "bloat" means
>>
>>79690678
>the length of an array is included in the array
>not bloated
>>
bloat is a great warning flag for knowing when to completely ignore someones opinion on the internet, shit's not even funny how accurate it is.
>>
Why the fuck is the Smalltalk MOOC 7 weeks long it's just a programming language.
>>
Java seems simple at first, but has so many surprising nooks and crannies.
>>
>>79690724
That's still shorter than a semester. Did you ever go to higher learning? Classes on languages don't only cover the language, there are usually projects involved.
>>
>>79684150

I do not know why, but this makes me think of Terraria.
>>
by /g/'s standards:
"bloat" - when thing I don't like that does more things than thing I like
>>
>>79690726
>Java
>surprising nooks and crannies
name two
>>
I will never make a compiler. I refuse.
>>
>>79690749
Java has no way to modify arguments passed into functions (i.e. references to references, or pointers), and it doesn't have tuples, so you have to do extremely unwieldy shit like creating a whole new class if you want to return 2 things from a function.
>>
>>79690749
initalizer blocks
precise exception rethrowing
>>
>>79690742
bloat is when the computers do stuff
>>
File: 1581357788090.jpg (100 KB, 1080x1207)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>79684125
>
>>
>>79690749
all the retarded design decisions stemming from the OOP butthash Oracle devs were huffing. tons of behavior and limitations you probably think are normal make no sense from the outside.
>>
>>79690697
this lol

>>79690771
yes you will
>>
>>79690733
>Entire classes on (programming) languages beyond looking at the first one.
I just wanted documentation on the standard library and a quick run through on how things are done since the language itself is delightfully small.
>>
>>79690780
>initalizer blocks
what the fuck how
>>
>>79690851
>I just wanted documentation on the standard library
You still can.
>since the language itself is delightfully small
How do you know this unless you're already a smalltalk shill....
>>
>>79690776
>no way to modify arguments passed into functions
>it doesn't have tuples
how are these "surprising nooks and crannies"?

>>79690780
>initalizer blocks
how is this a "surprising nook and cranny?"
>precise exception rethrowing
only results i get about this are from 10 years ago when something changed from Java 6 to Java 7

>>79690812
>hurr durr everything is bad
>>
>>79690887
>How do you know this
It famously fits on a postcard, but I found this neat little cheat sheet that fits on a sheet of paper: http://files.pharo.org/media/pharoCheatSheet.pdf
I think I found the latter half of want I wanted, but I guess the complete standard library documentation is only accessible through the code browser thing.
>>
>>79690851
People calling a language "delightful" sets off my mental illness detector
>>
What's the difference between doing:
#include<stdio.h>
int main(){
puts("Hello World!");
return 0;
}

And:
#include<stdio.h>
int main(){
printf("Hello World!");
return 0;
}

Which one It's better to use?
>>
>>79691059
prinft is considered harmful
>>
>>79691059
rust doesn't have this problem
>>
>>79691062
Why? What if you need to use formating types?
>>
>>79691059
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=puts+vs+printf
>>
>>79691065
Where Is the problem?
>>
>>79691059
In C use printf, in C++ use fmt.
>>
>>79691079
it's using C which is a deprecated language
>>
>>79691013
I don't use R*st.
>>
>>79691111
further proof of mental illness
>>
>>79691100
No is not, most Operating System and relly important things are still progrmed in c. c is forever, will never be deprecated, It's second fastest language after ASM, which It's a crap.
>>
>>79691059
the first one also prints a newline.
>>
>>79691069
There's nothing about formatting in that post.

Use snprintf
>>
>>79691136
>it's second fastest language after ASM
Should we tell him?
>>
>>79691146
he's intentionally trolling and should be banned
>>
>>79691136
>No is not, most Operating System and relly important things are still progrmed in c.
C++ actually
>>
>>79691059
puts() adds a newline, and doesn't add format strings, but in this case, there is very little difference.
puts() is more efficient, which is why compilers will actually optimize trivial instances of printf with puts.

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
printf("Hello, world!\n");
}

gcc -O1 -S test.c

.file    "test.c"
.text
.section .rodata.str1.1,"aMS",@progbits,1
.LC0:
.string "Hello, world!"
.text
.globl main
.type main, @function
main:
.LFB11:
.cfi_startproc
subq $8, %rsp
.cfi_def_cfa_offset 16
leaq .LC0(%rip), %rdi
call puts@PLT
movl $0, %eax
addq $8, %rsp
.cfi_def_cfa_offset 8
ret
.cfi_endproc
.LFE11:
.size main, .-main
.ident "GCC: (GNU) 10.2.0"
.section .note.GNU-stack,"",@progbits

Notice 'call puts' instead of 'call printf'.
>>
>>79691013
people that view languages as a personality trait sets of my neet detector
>>
>>79691100
>OSDev wiki required knowledge
>3. Language and Vocabulary, pt. 2: Most operating systems featured on this site, as well as most of the code snippets and examples, are written in C (or C++). Even if you choose to use another language (like FreeBASIC or Pascal), C is the lingua franca of programming, and you should be competent in making heads and tails of it.
>pascal and basic mentioned
>rust isn't
cope
>>
File: screencap.png (93 KB, 405x450)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>79691178
>>
>>79691180
>which is why compilers will actually optimize trivial instances of printf with puts
So there isn't really a real difference?
>>
>>79691224
Did you miss the "C++" next to it?
>>
>>79690461
And what the fuck is a web framework?
>>
>>79691236
>They use c++, not c
<checks
<actually both are used
>hrr drrrr
>>
>>79691244
a bunch of stuffs to make doing websites easier
>>
>>79691255
Most "really important" things are programmed with C++, C is more niche here
>>
>>79691234
The main difference is that puts doesn't do any interpretation of the string.
puts("%d") is literally going to output %d, while printf is going to expect an integer to put there. This lack of parsing is also why (f)puts is more efficient.

If you're only printing a basic string without and printf format stuff, then they basically are identical.
>>
>>79691234
IO is slow anyway, this shouldn't concern you too much unless you're outputting tons of data
>>
wrote a login page on my super cool website
now I want to write something to crack it
it's just a 4 digit pin, easy(?) start
>>
>>79691146
Tell him what?
>>
>>79691282
Most of the C is probably legacy code, Visual Studio only support C99.
>>
>>79691136
>c is fast
>>
Is there an ASCII code for the white underline that appears in Windows consoles when the console is expecting input? I have a prank in mind but it'd be easier if I could just use ASCII code to put that thing on the screen instead of doing that as a sprite.
I tried /sqt/ yesterday but was left to dry.
>>
>>79691572
no
>>
anons who are self-employed, entrepreneurs, etc. (no salary or contract people) - how have you made your money? what's your business? looking for general information, don't have to dox your business if you don't want to.
>>
>>79691572
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box-drawing_character
Could be this one, , but you'll have to try a few.
>>
>>79691594
i make video games
>>
>>79691572
You could use WinAPI to move the curser under the input area and insert some box drawing characters (>>79691596). Or just use a curses implementation for Windows.
>>
takin a shite
>>
>>79691642
don't forget to floss
>>
>>79691526
Yes, also your pic explains why.
>>
bjarne poopoop
>>
>>79691591
>>79691596
>>79691641
Thank you.
>>
>>79690059
let the dough have plenty of time for air bubbles to form and don't knead the outer rim of it when you're preparing it.
>>
Does C++ have something like wildcards in Java generics?
>>
>>79691822
auto
>>
>>79691822
i don't know java but isn't that just plain old type inference?
>>
>>79691733
L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>79691859
Ah fair enough
>>79691868
Yes but you can also restrict what you're putting in.
>>
>>79691822
No. But it's fine, just make the function a template instead.
>>
>>79684195
>he's an abstract animaloid or something.
I also thought it was a dick and you made it that way intentionally because giggles, but if it was supposed to be an animal... you might reconsider it design
at least erase that blue dot at the bottom so it won't look as much as a ballsack
>>
>>79691903
>Yes but you can also restrict what you're putting in.
Right, I think I know what you mean after a couple of google search.
C++ has a couple of way of doing that for in place type deduction, you can use a type-trait :
auto x = getDerived();
static_assert( std::is_base_of<SuperClass, decltype(x)>::value );
// compile time error if x isn't a derived of SuperClass

and since C++20 you can use a concept :
template <class Base, class T>
concept DerivedFrom = std::is_base_of<Base, T>::value;
//...
DerivedFrom<SuperClass> auto v = getDerived();
>>
>wake up
>wank
>realize i don't know what the fuck i'm doing
>browse /dpt/
>contemplate suicide
how is your day going, /dpt/?
>>
File: burdo bordo.gif (12 KB, 563x419)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
Just implemented a linked list in C :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>79692091
Interesting thanks. With Java because everything is an object and there are object versions of primitives you can restrict which primitives you're putting in too.
>>
fucking rust and graph structures
>>
>>79692114
Good job anSegmentation Fault : core dumped
>>
File: pluginIcon.png (32 KB, 600x600)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
Anyone have experience with Elixir?
I have to do my Msc. thesis soon, and was considering some distributed system project in Elixir, if it's based.
>>
>>79692443
>Anyone have experience with Elixir?
lots of people
>>
I'm gonna read more of K&R today
>>
>>79690010
using System.Linq;
using MoreLinq;

Enumerable.Range(1,10).Select(n => new {num = n, sum = Enumerable.Range(1,n).Sum()}).ForEach(x => Console.WriteLine(x.num + " " + x.sum));
>>
>>79692443
It's just Erlang for Ruby programmers. Nothing wrong with it objectively but it's hard not to notice the soi.
>>
>>79692566
using System.Linq;
using MoreLinq;

Enumerable.Range(1,10).Select(
n => new {num = n, sum = Enumerable.Range(1,n).Sum()}
).ForEach(x => Console.WriteLine(x.num + " " + x.sum));
>>
>>79692514
I mean on here, silly anon.

>>79692579
I got the impression that Elixir was like Erlang 2.0? Is Erlang nicer or what? I've only done C#, F#, and some JS and Python so I don't really know anything about them.
>>
>>79684222
holy based trips
holy based opinion
>>
>had to write a doubly-linked list in 20 minutes
>mangled everything
>wrote singly-linked list
>fuck
>>
is reflection on .net still slow? how slow?
I'm trying to search for it but most questions/articles are from 2010 with .net 2.0 or something.
My particular use case if building a string from f# nested discriminated unions.
>>
>>79684559
>the actual art is good
no it's fucking not you liar
>>
>>79686078
back end is still webshittery. that's all jva is good for, durga
>>
>>79686284
memory management isn't that bad. just don't fall for raii and arc shit because they both overcomplicate the problem and make it seek harder than it is
>>
>>79686028
jesus fucking christ, stop overcomplicating this for yourself. let people select what offset from gmt they want, down to the second, and let them deal with any gay daylight savings shit on their own. any other solution is retarded nonsense
>>
>>79687183
stack overflolw deserved to die
>>
>>79692917
Cnile hands typed this post
>>
>>79692820
good enough
>>
>>79687406
i don't envision a world where everyone shares software freely. i envision a world where no one ever shares software and everyone has to write everything themselves or do without. we've had entirely too many shitters gluing together code they will never understand and creating horrible frankenstein's monster programs, and it's time to stop the madness
>>
>>79688293
>thinking any of this is complicated or hard
i hate you retards
>>
>>79688686
OOP and FP are both shit.
>>
>>79689941
>callbacks
that's how you know you're doing something wrong
>>
File: haowhahdiwhd.png (40 KB, 1177x662)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>79692891
public class SomeClass
{
public List<SomeType> GreatListOfManyAwesome = new .() ~ DeleteContainerAndItems(_);
}

public static void Main()
{
let obj = scope SomeClass();
let obj2 = new SomeClass();
defer delete obj2;

Run(obj);
Run(obj2);
}

>aaaaah memory management so hard waeeeee waeeee
>>
>>79690749
1. >>> operator is broken for every integer type that's smaller than 32 bits. if you complain about this javatards will just point you to the standard and say it's standards conformant, not ever understanding that you're saying the standard itself has a horrible bug in it
2. in theory type erasure is a fair way to handle generics in a language with reflection, but your compiler needs to be sufficiently smart to account for the things people want to do with generics. javac is not a smart compiler
>>
>>79693152
>but your compiler needs to be sufficiently smart to account for the things people want to do with generics.
such as?
>>
>>79692940
you bet your ass i'm a cnile. suck my cock, zoomer faggot
>>
What FP language doesn't have a gross toolchain?
>>
>>79693169
like being able to pass in a naked type easily
>>
>>79693288
what's your example of a gross toolchain?
But if you want the least shit support and docs, you're stuck with either Haskell or F#
>>
>>79693289
why would i want to do that with generics
how would you do that with type erasure
>>
I won't make a compiler. I refuse.
>>
File: lvl 5 spider boss.gif (3.17 MB, 568x314)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB GIF
>>79684494
Thank you, I really like the boss in that gif, a nice cap off to level 6
>>79690736
I've got that a few times, I think its got to be a combination of the wall maneuvering and the big boxy floating platforms. I like terraria too, so it may be an unintentional psychological leakage.
>>
>>79693426
what are you using to make that?
>>
>>79693449
JavaScript/HTML5 Canvas
>eww
True, but it should be able to run natively on the switch if I can get approved for a dev kit.
https://github.com/Packmanager9/Pomao
>>
>>79693053
that pic related is the retarded beef gaydev
>>
How the fuck are loops real just get it right the first time retard
>>
>>79693554
>wanting to write JMP routines manually
lmao have fun
>>
>>79688018
CMake is literally the best of its kind, everything else is either obscure shit and for a reason or just straight up can't even come close to tackling all the problems CMake handles perfectly.
>>
>>79693631
you don't use jmp for loops retard, there are labels and goto for that.
They can actually have less code and be more readable compared to "we using new features hurrr..".
>>
>>79693698
What the fug do you think GOTO compiles down to?
>>
>>79693698
goto is literally jmp
>>
>>79693312
Fuck that, then.
>>
>>79693698
maybe you should actually look at some assembly.
https://godbolt.org/z/bM5PGP
https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/goto
>>
>>79693698
for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
printf("%d\n", i);
}

>ugly, bloated, new feature

i = 0;
my_cute_uwu_loop:
printf("%d\n", i);
if (i < 10) goto my_cute_uwu_loop;

>beautiful, elegant, simple, minimalistic
>>
>>79693731
to goto?
#pragma code highVector=0x08
void atHighVector(void)
{
_asm GOTO hirupt _endasm
}
>>
>>79693773
yeah how about no
>>
File: file.png (38 KB, 1320x121)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>79693802
well then here retard.
notice the highlighted lines
>>
am i a brainlet?
how much would it take you to do this?
this is the track of the third exercise of my C exam (yeah I know, my professor has a bad writing):

NOTE: you can't compile the code nor use documentation (ofc we are on 4chan now)

A string is periodic if, starting from a certain position, it contains only consecutive repetitions of the same string.
The last repetition may be truncated.
The string must contain at least two consecutive repetitions of the entire sequence.

So, a string S is periodic with period P if P is the smallest natural number which satisfies these conditions:
1. for every value of the index "i", starting from a position "init" (more or equal than zero) until the end of the string, S[i] == S[i+P];
2. P is less or equal than the half of the number of the positions between "init" and the end of the string (so that there would be at least two repetitions of the entire sequence).

Write a function that:
-recives a string;
-calculates its lenght and verifies if it's periodic;
-returns the period P after having print the period sequence; if the string is not periodic the function returns 0 and prints an error message.

Some examples:
"thisisanexampleampleampl" is periodic with period P = 5 and sequence "ample".
"stringggggg" is a periodic string with period P = 1 and sequence "g"
"thisisanexampleampleampx" is not periodic
"foobar123barmeh" is not periodic

for my professor solving this should take less than 25 minutes

I sent him a bad code lol, I forgot to place three statements and increment a counter.
I can post the code if you want/need it.
Btw my code treats "stringggggg" as a string with period 3 of "ggg" ... eh
>>
>>79693785
no, it's to jmp
>>
>>79693845
>muh goto is .jmp
when talking about C and jumping you are referring to longjmp faggotron.
>>
>>79693938
>cniles are blind
shocking
go back to my post with the godbolt link and read the second link VERY carefully.
>>
>>79693976
>b-but that's not what I MEANT!
you are retard
>>
>>79693528
>he gets triggered when someone doesn't use his favorite language
how about you get a programming job. friend. money on the table would drastically change your view on programming languages
>>
>>79694000
no one was talking about C.
you're having an episode, go take your meds
>>
all my iteration variables start at i because i stands for iterator
>>
>>79693976
>>79693938
stop arguing and have take a read pls >>79693863
>>
>>79694041
no, no no no, NO, i stands for index
>>
>>79694041
I use i for index and it for iterator
>>
>>79693863
this is a pretty standard "think before you coooood" question
>>
>>79694008
>he gets triggered when someone doesn't use his favorite language
how about you stop shilling your retarded gaydev language?
>>
>>79694107
>stop arguing
start dilating tranny
>>
>>79694161
:(
>>
>>79687406
I tried a fucking 5 minutes ago to donate to TortoiseGit via PayPal. The niggers shit themselves with console full of CORS violations.
No donation from me then.
>>
New thread:
>>79694194
>>79694194
>>79694194
>>
>>79694158
>he gets triggered by the existence of other programming languages
you suffer from a severe case of nodev, i'm sorry
>>
File: oh no what's this.png (8 KB, 803x209)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>79691346
Ah you little lying faggot!
>>
>>79693375
yes you will

>>79693688
>CMake is literally the best of its kind
the standard build for the language everything is relying on is literally a makefile generator.
this will never stop blowing my mind. a joke of cosmic proportions
>>
>>79694820
>this will never stop blowing my mind. a joke of cosmic proportions
I mean it’s like we spend our days climbing the ladder of abstractions higher and higher but when it’s all said and done we have to go and make fire using stones and sticks. must man be always reminded of its fragile, primitive nature?
>>
ok so i have a java exame saturday (today is thursday 5pm) what are some good resources and ways to understand java? I already did python at college and javascript so im not all that shitty.

but python > java so i need help figuring this shit out

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.