[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: future is here goy.png (170 KB, 752x434)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
I just nepotismd into my dad's small business a couple months ago and pretty much had to build the digital infrastructure of the company up from scratch. He was running off of invoice books, pouring over them to see who needed routine service etc etc.

I managed to get some good shit together for reporting, quoting, invoicing etc, but when it came to payment processors, I quickly found out that they are all pretty cucked.

Paypal, VISA, Stripe, Square, all ended up banning rightoids and Q larpers to some degree, and those people are far less radical than I am.

I'm using Formitize, because it was the cheapest cloud based mobile friendly reporting platform that also has an API I could mess with, so my options are pretty much open.

So far, Stripe is most compatible with our infrastructure (Formitize has Stripe built in, just need an account), and doesn't take too much off the top per transaction. Do I just go with them and discriminate in the shadows like your average based boomer? Or is there an alternative that won't cut me off after I say they will never be real women.

Also no crypto, we exclusively take normie money.
>>
>>79683196
I should clarify, we're in Sydney. This is just for online transactions though.
>>
>>79683196
Bump.

Also have you considered taking payment in gold?
>>
>>79683196
Do you accept silver?
>>
>>79683196
I remember hearing about some payment processor for gun websites that may not be too bad.
>>
What kind of shit are you selling that processors would want you banned?
>>
Literally: "2nd amendment payment processor"
>>
>>79684087
It doesn't matter what you sell.
>>
>>79684152
Jesus fuck absolutely do not use this
>>
Check out Adyen. They're based in the Netherlands so they don't give a shit about burger drama and their fee is a bit lower than Stripe's.
>>
>>79683196
>Paypal, VISA, Stripe, Square, all ended up banning rightoids and Q larpers to some degree, and those people are far less radical than I am.
Teenager detected.

Besides, what the fuck do you or your business do to be worried about this shit? Do you make klan hoods or something?
>>
>>79683196
>Going out of your way to use some fuck retarded, no name processor because retard /pol/ faggots got banned
You will never make it into the real world kid
>>
>>79684413
Pest control, we exterminate undesirables
>>
>>79684152
Yep, even if you aren't selling dodgy shit you should support them. Freedom should be the default.
>>
>>79684443
We always remain impartial, but I would rather not hand our money/client data/transactional information/control over income to people I would rather see dead.
>>
>>79684233
lmao you're retarded and are in no fit to run a business thats for sure. assuming you're OP
>>79683196
If you're selling something that would get banned you're retarded. And if its just your personal opinions that would get you banned then you're ultra mega retarded for associating your personal life with your professional one.

Just keep hopping from vendor to vendor till you find one that doesn't ban you. If you had a drop of business sense at all this is what you'd be doing.

Sell your dads business and work for someone else because you're obviously retarded.
>>
>>79684413
>Besides, what the fuck do you or your business do to be worried about this shit? Do you make klan hoods or something?

You are a fucking idiot.

Parler sells no merchandise. They’re a forum. Still got booted. Same with AR15.com. Same with Gab.

Anyone that isn’t a card carrying Silicon Valley communist will be deplatformed. Any online system that allows an semblance of free discussion as opposed to exclusively dystopian newspeak will be banned.

You are watching the American cultural revolution happen in front of your very eyes this week. And you’re still pretending business that refuse to suck Silicon Valley commie cock won’t be decimated.

Fuck stripe. Even if I were just selling dog toys or balloons, I wouldn’t use their api. They don’t deserve my money.
>>
>>79684257
This is actually a great recommendation, thanks anon. Flat rate of 12c per payment is great because our transactions are at least 200 bucks so we save a lot of money.
>>
>>79684504
I routinely make and sell items that support thin blue line as well as confederates lol. You know what platform I use? Etsy.

You're just falling for the bait retard. Nobody is ever going to deplatform money.
>>
>>79684502
>Just keep hopping from vendor to vendor till you find one that doesn't ban you. If you had a drop of business sense at all this is what you'd be doing.

Until you end up on the visa / MasterCard blacklist.
>>
>>79684502
They won't ban you until they do, then you're fucked!
>>
Just use crypto.
>>
>>79683746
>>79683856

Once the company is built up to a good degree and we have a steady influx of cash, I fully intend to turn our liquid into gold/silver/crypto etc. It's just not practical to give customers those options yet. Right now I'm trying to increase efficiency, and adding unconventional payment methods is just more work for less velocity.
>>
>>79684535
>Until you end up on the visa / MasterCard blacklist.
Nigger it takes a really extreme business to get this far. What the actual fuck are you selling for this to happen other than outright terrible/offensive shit that nobody would even ever want traced back to them ever?

If you're selling klan hoods to people I really fucking hope you aren't making them pay with mastercard because if they are, they're going to be as fucked as you are (assuming your worst case hypothetical could even remotely come to fruition)
>>
>>79684554
>They won't ban you until they do, then you're fucked!
no you just change vendors you retard
>>
>>79684502
LOL keeping the business is way too profitable. And it's not a matter of mixing personal with professional, plenty of people get cancelled the fuck out from private interactions that they never even posted on social media.

I need to cover my bases, and the earlier I do it, the less work it will be in the future. I think that's decent business sense all things considered. Hopping from vendor to vendor sounds retarded.
>>
>>79684570
I'm not OP and I don't run a business. Is it really that easy? Is this concern overblown? As a poltard layman I assumed it was only getting worse.
>>
>>79684609
I'm OP, and I have no clue in actuality regarding how easy it is or how overblown the concern is. I simply don't want to associate with companies that are run by people I despise and who would cut me off at the drop of a hat if they knew me.
>>
>>79684564

Can you stop making up retarded hypotheticals? Nobody here is selling hoodies

Here’s what happened on reality:

>hey, I made a Twitter clone where you don’t get banned for saying there are only two genders, or that there are differences in intelligence between races, or any other wrongthink of the day
>*domain registrar revokes domain, CDN revokes service, payment processor revokes service, web host revokes service, SSL cert revoked, banned from App Store / Google play, DNS provider revoke service, email provider revokes service*

That’s what actually happened to both Gab and Parler. They created web forums that didn’t moderate wrongthink and they got nuked.
>>
>>79684635
The people running the company don't give a rats ass about you. The company has a political leaning only for their own benefit. If the world was majority right wing white supremacists the companies will automatically become right wing. Do you think a company would want to lose all their profits over some dumb shit like politics? They don't give a fuck. They only let it be because it suits the climate. So stop giving so many fucks and just run your business. You are the prime example of free market economics in action. Once you start letting your own feelings get in the way your competition is just gonna roll over you. When running a business you always choose the most efficient path regardless of whether you like it or not, because by god, your competition doesn't give a shit how nice of a person or how correct you think your own views are.
>>
>>79684635
>I simply don't want to associate with companies that are run by people I despise and who would cut me off at the drop of a hat if they knew me.

Based. Unironically look at second amendment processors.

I don’t know of any payment gateway that isn’t cucked by Silicon Valley ideology that has anything remotely similar to stripe / Braintree dev experience or functionality.

Honestly, maybe go with chink shit? Alipay? Or adyen (probably cucked europoors, but perhaps less tyrannical).
>>
>>79684731
Unprincipled faggot.
>>
>>79684564
>just conform bro
>give the communists your hard earned money until they punish you
>move vendors it's easy
>if you're not selling the wrong thing then you're fine
>it's just a hypothetical

You are cucked.
>>
>>79684708
Yeah, guess what? Companies want huge stacks of cold unfeeling money.
The more, the merrier.
And they don't give a shit to how many tumblr genders there is or how many times trump said pussy on twitter, bad PR is bad PR and if it threatens their awesome profit, it gotta go.
That's the sad reality of capitalism for you.
>>
>>79684907
>theyre not going to ban you, moron
>they'd ban you, but you'd have to be selling klan hoods!
>they don't care about you, only money
>that's just the way it is. Go with the flow. That's capatalism for you!
>>
>>79684731
>>79684907

No. I don't submit to the global corporate hegemony and I don't care for companies that choose political principles based on profitable opinion. I am exercising the greatest power that the free market has given me, the power to choose. I don't want your recommendation, that I should cuck myself to silicon valley and soulless CEOs that bend and spread for the CCP at a moments notice.

So far I have moved the company email over to ProtonMail, completely cut off any money going directly to Google (focusing on SEO to still get business from them), recreated all of our forms outside of Microsoft Office, and changed our suppliers to local companies in the same suburb.

I intend to turn my dad's hard work into something that actually represents our ideals. That is far more valuable than saving a bit of time hooking up an API to an alternate payment processor.

Go play zelda. I can achieve my ambitions without you.
>>
>>79684907
>bad PR is bad PR and if it threatens their awesome profit, it gotta go.
>That's the sad reality of capitalism for you.

If you think there’s any semblance of logical thought behind progressive moral grandstanding, then you’re way further gone than I thought.

Think of the chain of events before you write again

>Trump’s Twitter is INCREDIBLY popular. Probably 25+% of all Twitter traffic swims in trump’s wake
>Twitter bans trump, losing millions of users
>Former Twitter users engage in mass migration to Parler
>Apple boots Parler from the App Store

Trump was the best thing to ever happen to Twitter. He is a 24/7 content and interaction machine. Twitter booted him because Jack is a raging leftist. Apple blocked Parler because it’s a place where anti-leftist ideas will propagate.

It had nothing to do with the bottom line. It had to do with ideological authoritarianism. Again, Trump makes Twitter millions.
>>
>>79684956

Based as can be
>>
>>79685096
legitimately good idea, something I plan to work out next year after we've made a bunch of extra money. The global corporatists have managed to monopolise too many aspects of online business, and no matter how much I try, I see money going to them in every hidden corner. I don't even know what 80% of that shit you said means, so I would legitimately need a consulting firm for it.

Build something you believe in anon, it's the noblest thing you can do.
>>
>>79684956
Ah yes, I can see how free your market is right now.
Hope you'll wise the fuck up on how to properly make profit (that is, if that's even your objective).
>>
>>79685175

Thanks. I deleted the post so I can build it. Hope to see you as a customer in 6 months
>>
>>79685197
>hurr durr if you don't use stripe you won't make a profit durr

The whole point is to accept money. We are already making a significant profit. I need a payment processor because we don't have one. This has absolutely no impact on how much business we are bringing in.

You are not only cucked, but braindead.
>>
Anything which Stripe, Paypal, or Square would ban you for, you can reasonably assume any other payment processor that handles Visa/Mastercard is ALSO going to ban you for.

If you are doing some sort of online business that would get rejected by credit card companies, and you need a means of accepting payment, the solution is eCheck/ACH. That's what Gab did, and they're still up.
>>
>>79685359
That is not a reasonable assumption, there is bound to be a company that offers the same service but with a different company philosophy.
>>
>>79684956
Hey OP are you hiring?
>>
>>79685391

No, that is a reasonable assumption, because what happens is Visa/MasterCard tell those companies (who are processing THEIR cards) not to serve the business in question. You can have whatever company philosophy you want, but if you want your payment processor to be doing business with Visa and MasterCard, you have to play by their rules.
>>
>>79685429
you in Sydney?

>>79685433
VISA and Mastercard have different rules than Square and Stripe. Laura Loomer wasn't blacklisted from Mastercard or VISA, she was blacklisted from PayPal.

My own "reasonable assumption" is that if my payment processor doesn't ban me, then VISA and Mastercard won't ban me. I want a company that is in my corner.

If you don't have any in mind then cool. I have no use for you.
>>
>>79685515
>If you don't have any in mind then cool. I have no use for you.

Try adyen. They grew organically in the Netherlands. Not Silicon Valley VC funded like most other gateways.

Probably just as pozzed internally but way less politicized than SV companies. I just googled “adyen ban” and nothing political came up. Just a bunch of small timers getting banned for fraud.

Meanwhile PayPal/ stripe/ Braintree will ban you for misgendering one of their trannies
>>
>>79685576
great recommendation, already contacted their sales team. Thanks anon
>>
All the negativity. While payment processors can be terrible at times, they only sometimes have valid reasons to be such ways. Take PayPal as an example - well known that they don't give a shit about anything. Same goes for Stripe with a grain of salt. I get why the outrage, but such services really don't have an option than to ban if they deem that you are a risk to their operations.

And to the rest of the spergs on here, try even working for someone before talking over someone's honest work.
>>
>>79684443
Seething leftard
>>
File: based department .jpg (40 KB, 410x598)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>79684956
>>
>>79685515
Nah not on Aussie sadly but on your friendly neighborhood archipelago country.
>>
>>79683196
Cryptocurrency.
>>
>>79683196
Reported thread to ASIO :)
>>
Invite somone to put a bitcoin atm near your register and tell people to use cash.
>>
>>79686557
We need more skilled technicians, so it'd be a while before you could get all the certification and licensing regardless.

>>79686840
All good, I'm not hurting anyone :)

>>79686904
We will eventually accept bitcoin. We don't have a physical store you come to.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.