[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Over the years i have became a bit of a luddite when it comes to technology. Not that i oppose other people working with it, but i fucking refuse to ever work for someone else with computers. I refuse to ever touch a server again, i refuse to touch adobe illustration again, i refuse to work with excel. I hate working with websites.
But sadly my only education concerns computers... What do i do?
>>
Dunno, play a flute
>>
>>79681200
Become a gunsmith
Do programming as a hobby
>>
>>79681230
don't know if there's much of market in a country where most of the population are anti-gun
>>
Yes , sadly but all you need is iphone
>>
>>79681200
>pic
Unbelievably based
>>
>>79681200
Op pic is a felony and trivial to trace back to him.
>>
>>79681242
Most police stations need an armorer to maintain their shit
>>
>>79681532
Depends what he did
>>
>>79681200
go work on a farm for a summer, you'd wish your bitch ass was working with computers again
>>
>>79681587
Most police departments around the world are not decked out like a paramilitary force, riot gear isn't even a normal thing outside the US.
>>
>>79681587
only 300 or so police in this entire country are allowed to carry a firearm.
>>
>>79681932
hello fello yuropoor
>>
>>79681641
knowingly making a killswitch - in fact, just the language of "activated the killswitch" could make it sound like a form of cyberattack
>>
>>79682214
depends on what he did
>>
>>79681200
based but dangerous
just make it spaghetti and ensure it breaks at least once a week
>>
>>79682214
Deactivating scripts that automated the work you were paid to do isn't illegal or a cyberattack
At best they could sue for the source code of those scripts depending on what kind of documents he signed when he started work, if they even know those scripts exist.
>>
>>79681798
>go work on a farm for a summer, you'd wish your bitch ass was working with computers again
This. Based and farmpilled. I'm in the same situation as OP, working as dev for nearly 20 years and recently hating every minute of it. Only thing besides money that keeps me doing what I'm doing is that I grew up on the farm and I remember vividly how hard and ungrateful work there is.
>>
>>79681229
Underrated post.
>>
>>79681848
>>79681932
Police in europe until recently never had to deal with niggers and spics. Watch as they are now militarizing just like in the US. Police officers in Paris used to not carry weapons, after the Bataclan massacre they do.
>>
>>79682408
Although, can't deny that when the pain ends it does feel good because farm work is honest work, no?

I used to work all kind of jobs while I was in school and while yes most were back breaking, and some were actual hell that I wouldn't go back to even for €100/hour, they all left you feeling more complete and whole than today with all the meme dev shit and meme IT/AI crap.
>>
>>79681200
nice blog post, but i will unsubscribe
>>
https://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/57357644/
>>
>>79681798
Nah, hard work is fun. I miss working on baseball fields, going manual labor. Doesn't pay well enough to go back tho
>>
>>79684307
construction pays quite well if you actually enjoy hard work, not as well as being a dev but if you actually enjoy it..
>>
>>79684330
Pass, why would I take a pay cut? I like developing stuff just not company shit.
>>
>tfw now in management
>tfw at work I pretend to be one of those incompetent bumbling bean counter that got into management because connections
>tfw still program and run a bunch of linux servers at home
Feels good.
>>
>>79684389
>pretend
>>
>>79684389
You're doing a very convincing job
>>
>>79684181
Farms are high-tech now. There's probably more tech and automation on a factory farm than whatever shitty IT department or web dev firm you're working for now.
>>
>>79684686
From what I've gathered the past few years running my consulting business, farms are very high tech but very vendor locked. So yes they dropped their plows and picked up controllers, but while their efficiency has gone up tenfold, their expertise at most doubled.

Now there are some farmers that do try to use all the current IT tools to their fullest, stuff like drones, AI/ML for seeding/harvest times, smart irrigation and other peasant shit, they're still the minority.

Anyway when I said farm work it was picking fruit or working fields. You know, stuff you let kids (as I said, in school) do for a few extra bucks for their summer vacation.
>>
>>79681200
didn't read your post but your pic is based
>>
>>79682408
Sure this depends on the country. How can there be fat lardy ass farmers if it's such tough work. It's not all paddy fields in Vietnam. Pretty sure the modern farms are all industrialized and you probably just drive a tractor or a combine for a day non stop. Well I'm not a farmer so what would I know.
>>
File: 16546456.png (278 KB, 603x632)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>79684282
based thanks for saving me the time
>>
>>79684862
Not even, the machines drive themselves with GPS now. The farmer's job is to sit in it and make sure it keeps driving straight. Some don't even bother. They might just be doing other shit like picking up the finished product and moving it where it needs to go.

Unless you use farm equipment from the 70s. In fact, this is becoming more popular, because the new shit requires you to call the manufacturer to send someone to fix shit for you instead of fixing it yourself, which fucks over a lot of farmers. So, there's a pretty strong push to use old farming equipment recently. Farmers are also getting pretty fed up with proprietary seed shit; it's a pain in the balls to rely on others for your seed when traditionally, you just used part of the harvest to seed the next one. The latest shit isn't even fertile, so you can't use it for planting at all.
>>
>>79685026
>terminator seeds
>>
>>79685026
While what you have said is a hundred percent true, you're lumping the whole farming industry into one type. There are still many farmers that are either small enough that they aren't automated completely, or just want to stay small for the aforementioned reasons because of all the buy local eat local memes right now.
>>
>>79681229
Op's mom told me you can make decent money playing the skin flute. Not sure what she meant by that though.
>>
>>79685026
>having to set up wifi over hundreds of hectares so the nanomachines can activate your seeds
>>
>>79682327
Pretty sure this is correct. If they were not contracted/paid to make scripts, them deactivating or removing them is unlikely to get him irl B& as it was a self-driven automation of duties rather than a licensed software agreement.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.