[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ASRock-logo.jpg (13 KB, 401x398)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
FUCK THIS COMPANY THEIR MOTHERBOARDS ARE SHIT
>>
>literal who
stop buying third world parts anon
>>
>Gigabyte
Boot super lean, super fast on 3 years old Micron SSD; boots from cold in like literally 2 sec.

>ASNUS
Boot like asshole, 10 sec from cold on brand new MVE M2 SSD.

Fuck ASScock too cause they're the same.
>>
5 years ago or so sure but ASRock seems to be one of the better companies now
>>
>>79679995
>yellow hands typed this
>>
>>79680009
Nah, just a content caucasoid customer
>>
ass rocks
>>
I've been using an ASRock motherboard 5 years, works on my machine :^) I'm unironically very satisfied with it, I would totally choose it the next time I buy a computer.
>>
File: 1607983835744.png (4 KB, 397x239)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
They where too good for westerners
>>
>>79679850
works on my machine
>>
>>79679948
>Boot like asshole, 10 sec from cold on brand new MVE M2 SSD.
Sounds accurate, systemd-analyze tells me the system spent 9.74 seconds in firmware. Fuck ASUS.
>>
>>79680085
5.703s in firmware on my ASRock board and I don't even have the fastest boot mode enabled
>>
>buy qdi mobo
>they die

>buy soltek mobo
>they die mobo

>buy soyo mobo
>they die

>buy epox mobo
>they die

>buy abit mobo
>they die

>buy dfi mobo
>they die

who do you want me to kill next by purchasing their product /g/ ?
keep in mind it's not 100% as I have owned asus, asrock and ecs as well
>>
>>79680218
oh and
>intlel
>>
>>79680218
biostar
>>
>>79679850
>ARE SHIT
>are THE shit
They implement IOMMU groups correctly, when I was buying motherboards they supported thunderbolt on Ryzen on Linux the best. Also, the deskmini series is fantastic both for what it is, and for the price. If I was building a cost-no-object gaming PC I'd always buy Asus, but asrock seems to make good motherboards now.
>>
>bought an Asrock m-itx board
>see memes about Asrock being low quality
<I could get another one and sell this one, after all i can easily recover the money
>about to order a better one
>notice its Asrock too
<ok, i will try with the next 3rd from cheap to expensive
>way too expensive
>keep the shitty asrock

I bought the b550m itx/ac and wanted to upgrade to the b550m itx/ax just because the io shield was prettier and i think it had rgb, and it was cheap on amazon. But probably nobody is buying m-itx motherboard in this shithole country
>>
>>79679995
They're the spawn of Asus, fruit of the poisonous tree. I've gone through Asus, ASRock and Gigabyte boards and both AS boards died within 3-4 years while the Gigabyte one is still trucking on despite how much it's running.
>>
I bought one and worked well for like 3 months, then died suddenly. Luckily I was able to return it and change it, and chose MSI. So yeah, ASSRock didn't leave a good impression on me.
>>
the only ones I wouldn't buy are msi and cheap biostar ones
the rest are absolutely fine, asrock has been good
>>
motherboards shouldn't cost more than $40 retail
these "good" manufacturers are taking you for a ride
>>
Correct.
>ASRock motherboard
>install OpenBSD
>BIOS doesn't POST anymore
>wonder why
>detach SSD with OpenBSD on it after fucking about for a bit
>BIOS POSTs again
>mfw my motherboard can't boot at all if there's a drive with an OpenBSD install on it
>>
>>79680833
>Things that never happened, the post

I've ran freenas on an x370 board (which is not a great chipset) with ECC RAM and PCI-E bifurcation. None of those things are exactly meant for mainstream desktop. It behaved better perfectly. BIOS fan control is also better than expected.
>>
>>79680941
It did happen. Old Haswell system. I cannot boot from my SSD with OpenBSD on it. The system just doesn't POST anymore.
>>
>>79679948
what about MSI?
>>
>>79679850
Care to give an actual reason faggot?
>>
>>79680559
Maybe not $40 but definitely not more than $200
Whats sad is you can pay $500 for a motherboard and it would be no more reliable than a $100 board
>>
>>79679948
Let the motherboard POST before initializing all devices
>>
>>79679850
>literal Abibas tier imitation brand
>expecting anything but dogshit

Asrock literally exists hoping a low info buyer would confuse them with Asus that is a reputable vendor.
>>
>DFI infinity
>>
Got an asrock taichi. Seems to be working just fine. What's the big deal? Reviews looked good when I was shopping around and honestly the competition was all ugly as fuck.
>>
>>79680955
>doesn't know the difference between MBR and GPT bootloaders
>>
>>79681024
Nothing wrong with it if you get a good board that isn't defective

I think the biggest problem is not so much Asrock as it is bias
>>
>>79679850
Dunno about that, their value is outstanding and quality seems better than more expensive brands like MSI.
t. asrock ab350m pro4
>>
>>79680983
Asrock started as a sister company of Asus.
That's why they have similar names.
No foul play.
>>
ASRock make good boards, it's their UEFIs that are shit. Every upgrade it's like flipping a coin whether my RAM overclock will still be stable or not.

Also my board has a weird issue whereby the 10G LAN connection will drop if I plug in a USB stick, unless there's nothing plugged into the first 2 rear USB ports. What the actual fuck?
>>
>>79681059
>I think the biggest problem is not so much Asrock as it is bias
Maybe.

But I have used pretty much every big brand over the past 24 years (yeah, I'm old deal with it) and the only one what ever failed was an Asrock.
OK, that could be coincidence.
But what isn't a coincidence is that it had the worst driver package of any board, it even contained crapware, had to manually select every component to avoid it.

I'm not against Asrock or anything, but I probably won't buy from them again due to those bad experiences.
>>
>>79679850
nigger I use asrock exclusively. their support people answer you within 24 hours and their advice usually unfucks whatever YOU fucked up.
And no, they aren’t going to gife you a free mobo if you damaged yours by handling it like a monkey.
>>
>>79681279
Honestly gigabyte is the worst in my experience, although they came out swinging with beefy hardware for Zen 2/x570. But their support is still garbage. I'd say ASrock is around MSI level. Good hardware at decent prices and okay support and software updates. ASUS has been kind of all over the place lately but generally the best
>>
>>79680983
lol are you 12? The originally shared the same taiwanese fabrication with Asus. They aren’t a knockoff. Rethink your stupid life
>>
>>79681231
Maybe the 10G ethernet is just a USB adapter
>>
>>79680056
You zoomers have no idea
>>
>>79681231
Speaking of uefi firmwares, is there any desktop motherboard that uses phoenix or insyde these days? AMI has pretty shit boot performance.
>>
>>79681279
You've been lucky
In my 10 years I've had 1 board fail and 2 give me some issues
1st to fail was a Gigabyte board, the other two that have problems where another gigabyte board and an Asus one
I'm not willing to say Gigabyte is bad as Puget seems to use alot of them and they are all about making PCs not fail

I am willing to say most brands are probably close to each other for failures, but companies like asrock are more prone to lambasting just because people will tend to be more vocal about a cheaper brand fucking up than a something from a more "premium" brand
>>
>>79681059
I've gotten two DOA boards in the past Asus and a giga (both from Newegg). So I consider my taichi to be good luck lol.

I fucking hate buying mobos because of those two past purchases. I have no idea who I'll go with next go around I was just surprised to see OP trash a company with no story or anything. I've never really seen people talk about them.
>>
>>79681398
What happen with them back then?
I've bought ECS boards just out of pure impulse because they where cheap and not a single one has given me any issues
I was very disappointed that they pretty much stopped making Z boards and stopped selling in the US
>>
>>79681392
Maybe but their engineers couldn't reproduce the problem.

>>79681463
Oh god, boot performance. Both my previous X58 Asus board and my current Taichi Ultimate take at least 20s before even showing the UEFI logo. Ridiculous.
>>
Why aren't there fatherboards
>>
>>79681550
>Maybe but their engineers couldn't reproduce the problem.
Then maybe it's just USB 3.0 interference. Certain USB 3.0 devices are known to cause interference that can even disrupt wifi signals, like if you have a wifi adapter next to such a USB 3.0 device
>>
>>79681561
Before green was the dominant color they all used to be black. After different colors came along the name just stuck. There are daughterboards though
>>
>>79681569
Nope, the WiFi and Bluetooth radios of both the desktops in the room are disabled. No other WiFi devices in the room other than my phone.

I just have to not use those first 2 USB 2.0 ports on the back and the problem goes away. Losing 2 USB ports kinda sucks but the whole wtf aspect just amazes me.
>>
>>79679850
I've had an ASRock mobo running since 2006 with no issues
>>
>>79681506
Back in the early 2000s, they were cheap and tended to have instability or high failure rates as a result.
>>
>>79681392
>>79681569
The 10G lan used in Asrock and other motherboards is usually from Aquantia
They don't make 10G USB NICs as far as I'm aware
>>
File: 1609812544410.jpg (83 KB, 1000x1105)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>having an asus mobo
>i go on the support page to update my bios
>i pick the latest one, not the beta one
>flashing that bios
>it doesn't POST anymore
>ok maybe I need to clear CMOS
>cleared it
>still nothing
>ok Asus has " CRASH-FREE BIOS "
>calling my homie to give me an USB with the recovery bios rom on it, formatted correctly
>going through a winterstorm for 20mns to just search the fucking usb drive
>okletsdoit.avi
>still doesn't post, verified everything

>1 hour later I bought an MSI tomahawk mobo , works perfectly, temperatures are better and overclocking on it too
>>
File: 1603737486542.png (638 KB, 1000x1000)
638 KB
638 KB PNG
Somebody tell me what the FUCK the based and redpilled mobo to run arch linux on?
>>
>>79679850
>same manufacturing machines, same parts from china, engineers are in a revolving door between the big AIBs
BUT MUH BRAND NAMES
>>
>>79679948
I gave Gigabyte a try and what I got in return is an X570 Aorus Master that spontaneously will not turn on unless it gets CMOS cleared, also for some reason requiring a grub reinstall to recognize it again as an UEFI entrypoint. Got it returned and paid the difference for an Asus Pro WS X570-ACE that I can actually rely on for work.

Oh and Gigabyte's UEFI is written by a bunch of $5/hour pajeets.

I won't say I won't ever buy Gigabyte again, I have a good GPU and monitor by them (if I ignore the dead pixel within first month), but Asus has never fucked me in the ass like that in >20 years.
>>
>>79680833
Based
>>
>>79681660
Raspberry Pi
>>
>>79679995
Disagree. Their quality has fallen off
>>
Any Fujitsu motherboard chads here?

>build in Germany
>designed in Germany
>Comes in simple paper box without gaymer shit
>Rock solid boards in beautiful green
>>
>>79679850
My asrock HDV a220 Rev.4.0 still working perfectly since 2017. Before that i've been using asrock lga1155 since 2010 and before that using lga 775 since 2006. and only the lga775 is broken because i brush the cpu socket.
>>
>>79682148
Is it just me or do they not have any modern offerings whatsoever?
>>
>>79679948
My MSI takes forever to POST.
Then again I only reboot once a week or something so who cares.
>>
>>79679850
I've used ASRock, Asus and GIgabyte motherboards and Gigabyte seems to be the most sturdy and reliable so far. My ASRock board has loads of feature at a low price but it shit the bed after a couple of years. Granted I ran it pretty hot and didn't do cooling very well.
>>
>>79682253
maybe you should install on an ssd
>>
File: asrock.jpg (51 KB, 500x545)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>
>>79682446
He said POST not BOOT.
Nothing to do with SSD.
>>
>>79681299
>support answers
This actually suprised me. I was trying to locate asrock and asrock rack TPM modules and actually got timely replies from both companies.
Pity they couldn't help me so I had to "throw out" a motherboard.
>>
>>79682446
I'm talking about the POST, the OS it's already on an NVMe drive and the actual OS boot up is quick.
But it probably lingers for a good 30 seconds before it actually gets to booting the OS.
>>
>>79682506
>>79682467
oh sorry, misread
>>
>>79682506
Disable IO hardware you're not using. For example hardware raid can be a big offender for increasing boot times.
>>
>>79682575
np
>>79682602
I've tried booting with literally no peripherals connected and its made no difference.
The only thing I can think of is that a lot of the memory timings are right on the edge, but not all of them are manually set so maybe it's having a hard time doing memory training idk at this point and I don't want to hijack the thread.
>>
>>79682661
Try to update or re flashing it.
>>
>>79682738
Yeah, I've done all that as well.
Just rebooted to time how long it takes, it's 20 seconds from pressing the button to the POST beep, then another 10 seconds from selecting Mint from the boot loader to the desktop.
>>
I bought a supermicro board once. Had nothing but problems with it.
>>
>>79682781
You can try this :
1 Disable CSM
2. Turn on ERP on bios setting, what this do basically prevent your sistem from completed shutdown when you turn it off.
3. Install Chipset driver from amd website not from windows update.
>>
>ROG master race reporting
Everything I buy is either Asus, MSI, corsair, or thermaltake no exception
>>
>>79680218
can you buy china?
>>
>>79682219
What do you mean? Any examples?
>>
>>79679850
I have one unfortunately. It's got the shitty USB3 chipset. Other than that it's OK.
>>
>>79679850
I've used two Asrock mobos in two different HTPC builds and they've been flawless. Not sure what else to say.
>>
>>79679850
my mb has dehumidifier technology and work perfectly
>>
>>79680243
my first build was a biostar in 2002, god I loved how shitty that PC was
>>
My AssCock x370 mobo seems to work fairly well, fan control is alright and it has all the slots I need, including meme M.2 wifi. What sucks about it is that it becomes literally impossible to enter the setup menu ever again once you enable Secure Boot. You have to reset it via the jumper to get it working again, which of course wipes all your settings.
>>
i've had 2 so far, 990fx and b450 and both have been fine; the 990fx i've had for 8 years now and it still works fine running windows 10
>>
>>79684231
I have secureboot and fastboot enabled and can still enter bios setup but I've had systems before where I couldn't because of said options, in that case you have to tell windows to boot into the uefi, there's a boot option in windows to perform that on the next restart
>>
>>79679850
>ECC supported on all AMD boards
They're the best for consumer-grade boards.
>>
>>79679850
Beta test ASUS
Their high-end mobo are great with weirdo features
budget line are shit, audio dies or doesn't POST at all
>>
>>79679850
>>79684684
If only their uefi didn't freeze constantly.
>>
Been using a Z77 Extreme4 for 8 years. Has been running 24/7 for the last 4 years. 0 problems.

Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>79679850
All gaymen hardware is shit.
>>
>>79679948
my server takes 5 minutes to POST
>>
File: opera_ouFyLkirGK.png (132 KB, 240x273)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>79681231
>buy MSI boards
>everything works
>>
>>79685053
This is it really

It didn't used to be this way, something changed in the mid 2010s and all hardware went to shit
>>
>>79680976
paid $400 for my TRX40 board but that at least has more DIMM slots and PCI-E lanes
>>
They hate us cuz they ain't us.
Assrocker for life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSXJj6gzsfU
Top this fags
>>
>>79685166
>This is amazing
nigga just go for a swim lmao it rains outside too wow
>>
>>79685164
That's an HEDT/Workstation board, they are naturally going to be more pricy

but you can easily pay $500 for a mainstream desktop board and like I said it's not like you'll get anymore longevity out of it
>>
>>79681231
>ASRock make good boards, it's their UEFIs that are shit
this, this is asrock in a nutshell. I've had various asrock boards and while the components and board are always top notch, the uefi is an absolute gamble.
>>
>>79679850
>A fellow ASRock hater
Based and absolutely fucking redpilled. Keyed as fuck.
>>
>>79679995
Not at all. If anything their low to medium end products are even more cheaply made than ever before.
>>
>>79680218
>buy buncha mobos
>constantly fuck with the hardware until it fails
>blame manufacturer
>destroy them through autistic rage
Try Asus next time. I've been quite happy with their TUF products and STRIX.
>>
>>79680967
More based than the ones listed. I press the button and am already in the OS. The UEFI literally bypasses systemd because it knows Lenhardt is a fag.
>>
>>79679850
Werked on my machine for 5 years.
>>
last few boards i've gotten were asrock, the only brand so far i've had no issues with
>>
Man I miss Intel mainboards
>>
>>79682462
Kek'd
10/10 if OC
6/10 if copypasta
>>
>>79679850
works on my machine
bought my b350 pro4 secondhand refurbished too, no problems for yeeeeeeeears.
>>
>>79681652
>MSI
good luck
>>
>>79689127
lol lurk moar newfag
that's a classic macro from the /g/olden age
>>
>>79685166
>>
>>79679850
I bought an asrock mobo like 2 decades ago. Died within a year. But that was a time when I was young and cheaped out on psu.

Started buying them again 5 years ago. Works just fine. All 3 of my pc are asrock mobos.

Asrock has the best slots available at low/mid tier price points. To get the same amount on other brands, you have to pay $300 or more.
>>
>>79689424
yeah, i'm
>>79689165
and i've been using a secondhand hardly used Antec 650W platinum with a R5 2600 and 2x8GB 3200Mhz. people complaining about these kindsa boards dying either got unlucky somehow, cheaped out on PSU or stuffed it up in some other way
>>
>>79685132
>buy MSI boards
>everything works
Except when the USB flashback feature doesn't work until the 12th try.
>>
b350 asrock won't post unless I clear CMOS every fucking time
>clear cmos
>werks
>shutdown when done for the day
>next day, turn on, won't work
>repeat
help out a pajeet how to fix this?
>>
my asrock motherboard fried two brand new 1tb ssd's...i didnt even put them in all at the same time, i switched them out with different cables thinking the psu was shorting or something.
>>
>>79680294
Out of like 6 boards I've had in last 15 years, 4 have been Asus, 0 dead. Then again the MSI and GB boards I have are trucking along too.
>>
>>79689179
>macro
I take it your auto-correct made an error, clearly that is a MEME.
>>
>>79679995
Asrock has improved
MSI has regressed hard
>>
>>79690601
ASUS regressed hard too. For Christ sake, they can't even attach a cooler properly to a GPU and then blame others for their failure. Clown company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFpGUWSgbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7lnBCFnBok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixFrDKM82BI
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG3DYE2uAys
>>
>>79679850
I've bought three and had no issues.
One of them even survived a dying 5600x.
>>
>>79690658
don’t bother buying ASUS AMD cards they only care about making good Nvidia cards
>>
>>79679948
My asus hero 12 boots win10 from evo 970 plus in about 2 seconds. Maybe dont buy cheap hardware like a poor, and configure what you do have correctly.
>>
>>79683714
All I can find is old ass 586 socket boards, or intel ivy bridge age shit.
>>
>>79682462
idgi? Shitty pun or something? why would you make an asrock motherboard?
>>
>>79679850
Is Coreboot any good on ASRock motherboards?
>>
>>79690976
I have the fujitsu D3644-B for my home server and it's pretty new

but yeah fujitsu sold off its motherboard department to a small German company that mostly focuses on smaller electronic devices and IoT so I'm not sure if motherboards will be contuined to be build

https://www.kontron.de/products/boards-and-standard-form-factors/motherboards/uatx/d3644-b-uatx.html
>>
How are MSI mobos?
>>
Asrock boards are fine. There are better options but I haven't had any issues with the 3 I've used in the last 10 years or so.
>>
>>79691873
Overpriced usually and depends on the model. Gigabyte is the best.
>>
>>79679850
ive only heard they're reliable, and they're one of the only mobo makers to give a shit about ECC ram

>>79679948
gigabyte is my personal fav and most reliable, though they dont make ECC boards

asus has ALWAYS given me some hardware issue, but they do tend to have the best knack for what a customer wants, they need better engineers to make their products reliable and less so on fancy designs, they have totally abandoned their netbook and tablet pc lineups for shitty gimmicks
also I see a lot of refurbed asus mobos for sale online...
>>
My X570 taichi is mostly fine, I've had a few minor issues I'm not sure are truly the fault of the UEFI / mobo itsself but might, still leagues above the fucking garbage that was the Z87 sabertooth
Got lucky and didn't get one of the boards with defective chipset thermal pads though.

>>79690875
>dying 5600X
The fuck did happen?
>>
Gigabyte has good hardware but their software is hot garbage.
I had an Asrock for like 3 or 4 years before it died so fuck em
Currently on an asus strix board which has been going for 2 years so far, time will tell how that goes. The uefi is okay, makes overclocking shit easy for grugs like me.
>>
>>79692237
>The fuck did happen?
Worked for about a day, started crashing programs, then bluescreened, and bluescreened harder and harder as I troubleshooted.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.