[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1610496910236.jpg (34 KB, 660x660)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Dude, where's my charger?

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
https://www.phonearena.com/phones
http://phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
https://www.notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
https://kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
https://www.frequencycheck.com
http://willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
https://phonesized.com/
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants that have locked bootloaders
https://www.xda-developers.com/

>Recommended Chinkphones
https://pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread: >>79639075
>>
File: librem-5-renders.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Superior phone coming through
>>
Just got a Poco X3 NFC, what are some good games that i can play to kill time while I take a 12 hour flight?
>>
Should I get a UMI Plus E 6GB for 100$? it runs on Android 6.1

Will it run better on older Android with those specs?

On a completely different order of events what's the phone with the largest battery, but also the most optimized software/cool temperature?
>>
>>79667486
100 bucks for that ancient chink piece of garbage, you must be out of your mind
>>
>>79667538
But muh 6GB RAM
>>
Bezelless phones are the dumbest memes
>>
Fuck. Why is Samsung becoming shittier every year? They're not even just the same level of shit, it's progressively worse every year.
>>
>>79667797
By bezelless do you mean Samsung's curved display memery? It looks like they realized how retarded that was and went back to flat displays. I can't believe anyone would buy a phone that can't even use a tempered glass screen protector.
>>
>>79667141
would buy if there were a compact version
>>
Best Adblock for android? Haven’t used Android since my HTC wildfire. It’s pretty jarring compared to the Lumia 800 I’ve used for 7 years.
>>
File: 1606966402566.jpg (51 KB, 450x539)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Was just about to switch my plan over to Mint mobile from Google Fi when I just found out about Hello mobile, which is even cheaper than Mint somehow.
Anybody here have any experience with Hello? $25 a month for unlimited, seems a little too good to be true.
>>
>>79668034
There are protectors for curved screens though.
>>
>>79667268
Alto's Adventure and Odyssey. Adventure has better atmosphere but Odyssey has better powerups and more mechanics and it's vibe is still relaxing. I also play point and click adventure games like Broken Sword and Thimbleweed Park. Figuring the puzzles yourself takes a while but is enjoyable.
>>
>>79668687
Those protectors are either plastic film, or extremely low quality and only have adhesion at the edges. Anything but a completely flat glass screen protector is garbage.
>>
>>79668815
Or they cut off the view from the edges.
>>
File: oneplus_nord_n10_5g_1.jpg (727 KB, 3000x1500)
727 KB
727 KB JPG
redpill me on the oneplus nord n10 5g
>>
i am aboutt to buy an iphone 5s for $80 on amazon
>all the refurbished se's have shot batteries according to reviews

is there still no android phone for less than $125
>ive had 5 motoG2's. theyre too slow on google maps, and in-browser maps. is that still the only small/cheap andoid option?
>all the refurbished pixel 4's for under $150 have shot batteries according to the online reviews

I have five iphone 5s and all the charger ports are bust and wont charge. would i get a bulk discount if i sent them all into a repairshop at once?
>>
>>79668861
Yeah, some do that too. There's really only one choice of screen protectors for curved screen phones, and it's the plastic film based ones, which I hate. I went from a Samsung S7 edge to a Moto G Stylus, and honestly, being able to use a decent case and a flat screen protector more than make up for any downgrades in specs or lost functionality. I can live without NFC or wireless charging now that I can actually grip my phone comfortably without touching the screen, and don't have to worry about my keys in my pocket peeling the screen protector. Curved screens are one of the worst meme fads, far worse than the notch, hole-punch camera, or super tall aspect ratios.
>>
Xiaomi MI 11 PRO when?
>>
>>79669000
https://slickdeals.net/deals/smartphone/
>>
File: s10 lite.jpg (68 KB, 1440x688)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Opinions on Galaxy S10 Lite? I currently have a Galaxy J3 2018 but I need to replace it.
>>
>>79667062
For the last several years, my only splurge of the year on myself comes around my birthday when I upgrade to the newest in the Note series. I'm posting from my Note 20 ultra and I don't have any complaints with it. I'm thinking of mixing it up this year and getting a Fold 3 instead. Does any anon around here carry a fold series phone? I can search for reviews but it's hard to know what out there has been paid for or not
>>
>>79667486
You can get a poco M3 and flush some clean rom, it's got 6000 mAh
>>
Is buying phones from a third party, such as on ebay, unsafe? I bought a new phone from eBay but was thinking about the possibility that anything could've been done to it and then resealed.
>>
>>79670779
Ebay coddles buyers even when the seller is completely in the right so you'll be safe if they pull any shit on you. Best to take video of you unboxing, turning on etc. the phone anyways to remove all doubts
Amazon refurbs tend to be good if reviews are any indication.
>>
Any Samsung note people here?
I had an specific application with a plus it its name. It extended edge bar functionalities. I remember you could add contacts, even watch stocks information. But I forgot app name. Could any one of you help me out remember?
>>
>>79671086
I'm talking about the phone being tampered with, key logger etc.
>>
>>79670609
Got it for a year now and it's great. Especially if you live in exynos country like me.
>>
>>79671116
One Hand Operation+ or something
>>
>>79671156
I'm in US so I would have Snapdragon. Is that something I should worry about? Sorry, I'm not a smartphone guy.
>>
Just got my S20 FE 5g up and running, man oh man it's so good after dealing with that pos A10e I had for a while.
being able to tab out of apps in other apps and still have the other app ready for me where I left it when I come back is life-changing
>>
>>79667062
Pixel 4a with GrapheneOS or some xiaomeme with Lineage?
I have a Poco F1 and don't really need to upgrade, but my dad's phone is pretty beat up and he will take mine. I want to debotnet slowly (and build my own services, self hosted)
>>
>>79667062
I can't narrow down what to buy for my next phone that I desperately need. I'm using my backup iPhone 6 and I would really like to keep that same form factor, possibly go a little larger, but nothing like a s20+, its way too big. I was looking at some chink phones and it seems like the 5g isn't compatible with a lot of carriers in the U.S. Someone recommend me something that is more updated than an iPhone 6 but still has the relative size, 5g would be a plus. I'm on Tmobile, if that matters.
>>
What are some good open source ROMs for Samsung galaxy s7?
>>
Xperia 5 II reporting in AKA the chaddest of phones in 2020. 120hz OLED Notchless MicroSD AUX goodness. Using my gf's Iphone XR feels like watching a flipshow. Scrolling Kuroba with true blacks and 120hz right now and my dick could not be harder ngl. Everyone ITT pretending 120hz is nithing different from their 60hz poorphone is jelly and mad and cries like a little girl "that he just doesnt see it" or he "just doesn't want it" or its "draining his battery" - guess what my 4000mAh Battery is LOADED (set to only 80% overnight charging) and can handle full day 120hz just fine
>>
>>79667268
Door Kickers
There's also a mobile port for at least one of the newer Shadowrun RPGs
GTA SA
>>
>>79671537
what are your display and font sizes set to
>>
>>79671537
That sound vibration thing is a gimmick though.
Coming from SGS note 9 smoothest phone I have ever had.
Very comfy to hold in hand too.
But I still wonder, was it really worth it 700€ when you could buy Poco X3 with 120hz screen for 250€???
>>
>>79671537
Too bad about no wireless charging though. I was looking at the 1 2 but my current phone is only 3 years old and still works pretty well.
>>
any compact phone options other than the 12 mini and the s10e? or should i JustWait™ until phone makers create other compact phones?
>>
Are the Samsung brand cases for the S20's the best case I can get if I don't want a bulky case that ruins the screen curves? The edges on the side seem more low profile in videos but I can't tell for sure.
>>
>>79667970
Because they're desperately trying to be Apple and failing at it. They have the means to be great but they choose to do the dumbest shit.
>>
>>79671671
Eh went ahead and grabbed it since they're on sale.
>>
>>79667062
Why did the Z Flip, flop? I really like the phone its so good.
>>
>>79669236
>https://slickdeals.net/deals/smartphone/
do they have amazing buyer protection like amazon? do they not sell shit phones that need to be returned half of the time, like amazon?
>>
File: 1585464114149.jpg (20 KB, 240x240)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
why am I so autistic about this? I never leave my house
>>
>>79671624
you again, just use the regular settings what is wrong with your eyes?

>>79671641
the vibration thing is a gimmick, yes, but it still has stereo front facing speakers that make me really consider not using headphones at all when watching stuff at home in bed. For the Poco, that is still a garbage SoC compared to the 865
>>
>>79668034
Nah but fuck that meme too
>>
iPhone SE 2020?
>>
File: satania2.jpg (313 KB, 612x716)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
Has anyone else had issues with phone calls since upgrading to Android 11? They drop out constantly and won't reconnect until I restart the phone. Seems like a pretty fucking big issue but I can only find limited people complaining about it online and none of them offering fixes.
>>
Are there any new ceramic phones? also are there any steel framed android devices?
>>
File: 4L_FHNnhKEt.png (331 KB, 700x629)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
I'm thinking about installing /e/ OS.

It's basically a LeneageOS for MicroG fork focused on privacy and it looks/feels a bit like iOS, which I don't hate personally.
It comes with a compilation of open source apps replacing everything you'd expect from a proprietary OS, which is very convenient.
>>
>>79672103
Why would you want something as brittle as ceramic used for a phone?
>>
>>79672127
its looks and feels cool, plus its highly scratch resistant
>>
>>79672103
P40 Pro Plus
>>
>>79672085
if poor battery life and low resolution screen is not a problem for you, yes
>>
>>79671537
Fellow 5 II chad reporting
>>
>>79671645
wireless charging fucks up the battery, wouldnt use it regardless
>>
>>79671213
Nothing to worry about. It's just that even the EU got the good snapdragon version.
It's a big beautiful phone with great battery life, solid specs and a good camera.
Anyhting else you'd like to know?
>>
>>79671537
Is the 120hz fixed or does it change automatically as needed? I heard there was an option to simulate 240hz or something
>>
>>79667970
>>79671719

So fucking sad they used to be the anti-Apple, everything Apple did that was shit Samsung did the opposite until they found out it's more profitable to just make overpriced and underspec'd phones and try and make an ecosystem to lock the consoomer into it.
>>
File: 1606119942060.jpg (236 KB, 1080x1080)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>79667062
>Rugged cases look almost as bad as RGB computers
Do "wallet" cases provide any sort of protection? Do they overheat phone?

I'm a cat owner, I'm not planning to drop it, but my cat loves to check how things do fall down from desk. What are the cues to tell if a case is protective enough?
>>
>>79667062
Is OLED bad for reading? I hear a lot about PWM in reviews and don't know how much to be worried about it. I've always had LCD in the past. I use my phone for reading on the go a lot so eye strain is a deal breaker. I've tried OLED in stores but that doesn't really reflect long term usage.
>>
best custom rom for S10?
>>
test.
>>
>>79673428
Nope. I get eye strain from my LCD pc monitor but never my Oled phone. Black themes makes my eyes feel so good using Amoled.
Only a very small percentage of people get eye strain from Oled. Get a phone with DC dimming function build in if you really think you are in that 1% minority.
>>
>>79673428
>Is OLED bad for reading?
reading what? books?
it all depends on panel and software
dxomark tested few oldes and they have readability score
oled is much better to browse 4chin/web with dark mode, because there is no backlight
>>
Spigen liquid air or Rugged armour?
My phone is so thin I need some bulk and grip so I can hold onto it better but not too much bulk either. Will the air even provide protection? Should I find something else?
>>
>>79673535
>>79673539
Books, yes. I haven't tried using a black theme on OLED, but I hate black themes on LCD; is it really a big difference when reading?

>it all depends on panel
Any particular recommendations? This is my first time seriously looking into OLED.
>>
>>79671213
Snapdragon version is a bit better, consumes less battery than exynos and (i think) is a little faster
>>
>>79673635
https://www.dxomark.com/sony-xperia-5-ii-display-review-holding-the-middle-ground/
check this review
they are compering 4 different models with oleds, you can see they are quite different from each other
>>
>>79673744
Its worth noting that default settings vs tweaked screen on xperia produces quite different results
>>
>>79667062

never used a samsung phone, are the phone, messages etc. apps all samsung apps by default or can you choose not to your use their versions?
>>
iPhone SE (2020) or Google Pixel 4a

Which do you choose? Or is there a better alternative?
>>
>>79674250
I just got my 4a 5g. I like it. I like how easy it is to load pirated apps and the overall size.
>>
>>79674250
iPhone XR is a bit better than the SE as far as premium look and feel.
>>
>>79673635
Yes it's night and day difference. Specially at the evening hours
>>
>>79674407
>720p IPS LCD display on a 6.1" diagonal
>unsightly notch you can't hide
>premium look and feel
>>
File: download (7).jpg (12 KB, 300x168)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Which color is best?
>>
>>79668096
AdGuard
>>
i'm leaning towards the navy blue 12 but i think there's a chance i'll pick black when they're right in front of me.
>>
>>79675068
>caring about what color the phone back is when your case covers it up
You should be asking what color case you should get rather than something you will never see after you stuff the phone in a case
>>
>>79671719
Google made the same mistake.
>>
>>79675114
*transparent phone cases in your path*
>>
Is there a way to block this shit? Their hardware is fantastic and One UI has lots of features that are sorely missing in stock Android but this would drive me absolutely bonkers.
hard mode: no VPN "solutions" like Blokada Plus
>>
Are the IPS panels on Redmi Note 8 or 9S good enough? I want to get a little better phone other than my basic samsung A20 but damn does it have a nice AMOLED...

Also this Samsung is rebooting by itself almost everytime I plug the cable in. Only happens after the last software update, which I inmediately did a factory reset afterwards... Hardware fault maybe? I think it is the software since it is too much of a coincidence
>>
>>79675068
Blue looks the nicest but I've seen people say it doesn't look quite as nice irl as it does in photos
>>
>>79675336
Blue doesn't do a lot for me.
It would be between Graphite & Silver (pure white). But I've heard people say the Silver looks "cheap" and you can't see the Apple logo.
>>
>>79675291
>Is there a way to block this shit?
>NO YOU CAN'T
>>
>>79667141
Is this decent? Was thinking of getting one.
>>
>>79675068
blue has really nice mate frame
>>
https://f150mobile.com/pages/b2021

This looks pretty cool.
>>
>>79675566
All Pro models have stainless steel frame.
Regular 12 has matte frame.
>>
The ultimate 2500k of phones coming through. Going on four years old and still a flawless computing experience, a glowing example of chink engineering, running Android 11 flawlessly
Enjoy ur $600 phones that don't even come with snapdragon 8** anymore, or chargers or headphones or headphone jacks. Shit y'all niggas even got sd cards?
>>
Any recommendations for a good phone under 200$? I'm looking for something that will last and not got to shit after 2 years. I'm not planning on playing games on it.
>>
>>79672398
How poor is the battery life?
>>
>>79671537
that's nice anonymous but I can't afford it.
I could get a 5440*1440 144hz computer monitor for that much money, or a steelcase leap, or I could finally get the chinks to prototype my keyboard case for me. Or how about Chinese food and opana? You have any idea how much Chinese food and opana you can get for that sort of money?
>>
>>79675675
I have a moto e4
What can it do?
>>
>>79675782
Suck your cock vigorously when you're not expecting it.
>>
Thoughts and experiences with the xiaomi note 9 pro?
>>
>>79675336
because on photos this blue color appears as mix blue and green, while in reality its just blue
>>
>>79675728
https://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
>>
>>79675703
Which country
>>
>>79674263
Nice. How's the battery life?
>>
File: 1598836864677.jpg (132 KB, 1200x632)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>79675728
>>
>>79675988
Croatia
>>
>>79676379
300 i also fine
>>
File: file.png (289 KB, 558x916)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
iPhone fag here looking to jump ship, redpill me on pic related /g/
>>
>>79675857
Obsolete
>>
File: 1605201565440.jpg (26 KB, 1024x560)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>79676414
>>79676379
>>
>>79676469
worth it for the antique value alone since it's the last of its kind
>>
sup fa/g/s
I have $1200 to spend on my next phone, what do I get
I only use my current phone(iPhone 7) for shitposting and games
>>
>>79675291
I think Blokada can now work without a local VPN.
>>
>>79672618
you can enable 240hz in game mode, where it fills in black screens in between frames. Also it has up to 240hz touch sampling I think. In the system settings you can only chose between 60 and 120hz. 120hz may be adaptive, but I'm not sure. Never seemed to lag ever.
>>
Redmi note 8 pro or 9S?
>>
>>79676264
>>79675879
So what should I choose between if I can get them all for relatively the same price and with new batteries?
-iphone se 2020
-iphone x
-iphone xr
All slightly used. I want something reliable that good and will last a while
>>
I want a pixel 5 but google thinks it's worth $700 for some reason. is it expected to go on sale any time soon? iirc they had a nice sale last year around feb
>>
opinions on the realme 7?
>>
>>79677049
9s
>>
What should I look for in screen protectors? Why are some expensive and some aren't?
>>
is there a sub 200 dollar android phone that's also sub 6.2 inches? do they exist? I couldn't find one
>>
>>79677487
I fucking hope so. The Pixel 4 got a huge price drop around this time of the year.
What would be an acceptable price for the Pixel 5?
>>
>>79677143
X
but check screen, it should be fine for 2-3 years
>>
>>79678048
Tempered glass is the only one that protects your screen against drops and impacts and it’s the most expensive type. The rest just make it a bit more scratch resistant.
>>
>>79667062
I have an iphone 7 plus with 254gb space, should i even bother?
>>
>>79678496
yes
>>
File: 1595442151711.jpg (116 KB, 1320x740)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Best app & things to do when moving from ios to Android?
>>
Any decent roms for poco x3 nfc with no "Bugs, you tell me :^) " bullshit? Also any tips are welcome. I just got it.
>>
No real verdict yet if the S21U has the microSD slot.
If it doesn't, what phone will be good? V70? Xperia 1 III? Seems like all shit and iPhone is the way to go from here
>>
>>79667970
What's that toenail clipper looking thing?
>>
>>79679171
Looks like a pen tip remover, for when the tip gets worn out and you need to replace it
>>
>>79678970
box of razor blades
>>
>>79678987
MIUI
>>
>>79679032
You can get the S21U with 512gb, is that not enough?
>>
>>79679310
That makes sense
>>
How good is the Apple ecosystem, would it be worth it to sell my note10+ and get an iPhone instead if I just ordered a mac laptop?
>>
with what phone can I completely go off the grid?
>>
>>79679440
You're not gonna get an objective answer here, guy.
>>
is the nokia 5.3 any good?
>>
torn between a few devices
>New Note 20U for $1199.99
Really like the camera and expandable storage, not really liking the idea of having another glass brick in my pocket
>New Z flip 5G for $1280.33
1080p screen turns me off slightly, but being able to fold into a more compact form seems cool
>Used Z Fold for $1300-1500
The price tag even for a used model turns me off a bit, but this device seems like the best of both nz flip and the N20U

Which one should I pick up /g/?
>>
>>79679440
With an iPhone, you can use your laptop to take calls, send + receive SMS/iMessages, share browser tabs, etc. without having to install any additional software. I like those features. But maybe I'm overlooking killer Android features that you'd miss.
>>
>>79679458
https://www.thenophone.com/
>>
>>79679590
That's pretty convenient.
>>
>>79679440
The ecosystem creates an extension of products so each product compliments the other with handing off work/play from one to the other. Apple did well with their continuity concept. If you do alot of work and deal with documents, iCloud is amazing. Its simple, fast and clean.
>>
>>79676535
Xperia 5 II
>>
>>79679518
no
>>
>>79674407
The SE has a better processor

And I much prefer the look and feel of the SE myself
>>
if I have a xiaomi phone should I give up and install tiktok and just let the chinese have complete access to everything me? like I mean easier access they already have everything from xiaomi.
>>
>>79680558
why make it easy for them?
>>
>>79680558
If you just need to use it, use App Warden to remove trackers from it and maybe try using it inside Cloak (I'm not sure what the app is called, but it sandoxes social media apps using the work profile).
>>
>>79679398
And how many hundreds of dollars are they charging for what I could have done with a $50 SD card?
>>
>>79669160
Not soon enough after seeing the BS Samsung is pulling. (lets get rid of micro sd, chargers, headphone jacks... and just copy iphone from now on)
>>
>>79672603
No, that's a lot of good info. Thanks.
>>
>>79673657
Thanks for the info.
>>
File: 609.gif (118 KB, 123x108)
118 KB
118 KB GIF
I know this is a phone thread, but any reccomendatins for an android tablet under $100 new/used exclusively for watching anime?
>>
>>79681643
>android tablet under $100 new/used
new? no
used? maybe some samshit tablet
>>
>>79678970
Game Boy Advance Emulator
Pokemon Emerald ROM
>>
>>79681643
Lenovo tab m8 hd
>>
>>79681713
>mfw I have put gameboy emulators with pokemons on every phone I ever posessed, starting with pokemon gold on nokia 6330
>>
>>79681643
kindle fire hd 8, i got it for 80 bucks new
>>
>>79681773
I found a nice used Fire HD 10 for $60, I think this is probably the move
>>
>>79681772
You've lived a good life friend.
>>
>>79667141
>4 yr old phone
>superior
>>
>>79675291
>i'm gonna buy samsung not some xiaomi shit that gives me ads in a phone i paid for!
>>
I want to root my Samsung A51 but this xda forum guide looks overly complicated, isn't there a simpler method?
>>
pocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopocopoco
>>
Samsung S20 FE for $550 or the iPhone 12 for $780.. Or wait for the S21 to release. I can't take this Google Pixel 3 any longer.
>>
>>79682330
MIUI is slow and buggy and Xiaomi have royally botched the drivers on their newest flagship, which throttles if you do anything intensive for more than a minute. And of course, Xiaomi has nothing like DeX or the S-pen.
>>
>>79676469
if you don't care about 120hz screen, i recommend the Note10+
>>
>>79682445
BASED
>>
>>79682431
put it in a pot, cover with dirt and water every 3 days, but not with tap water
>>
Best app or way to get android to look like Metro UI?
>>
File: 1598137898667.jpg (22 KB, 307x462)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>79682893
>MIUI is slow and buggy
In my experience with it it's literally just stock Android with an app shelf.
>>
How much do I have to spend for a sd slot, usb c port, wireless charging, and 120hz?
>>
>>79683205
Oh and bands don't matter at all, I don't have a cell plan.
>>
wow phones got big
i'm considering the moto g9 play. if you have it, are you happy with it and also was it difficult getting used to the huge size?
>>
>>79683115
He is talking about the lag and the shitty ram management probably. I had lots of miui phones and they all had lag issues even with MIUI 12. You have to factory reset so fucking often because of how many bugs new updates introduces. Fuck Miui...
>>
>>79682893
miui 11 was perfectly fine on my device, but miui 12 (just updated) feels slow, i really shouldn't have updated this time.
>>
So wait is the Exynos 2100 unironically going to be better than the SD 888?
Bros...
>>
>>79671537
how can it be chaddest if there are no roms
>>
What's the deal with tempered glass screen protectors? 1/5 of the reviews on amazon say they don't stick perfectly, especially at the edges, or that they can't get rid of some bubbles. I thought they were just retards who couldn't follow the proper proceudre, but some of these review seem written by people who know what they are talking about
>>
>>79683684
They're finicky, they either go on perfectly or they don't with no real in-between. You about need the room hermetically sealed to avoid any dust magically finding itself on the screen you just press-cleaned after you've put the protector on.
>>
>>79683463
Because you need to factory reset. You need to factory reset Xiaomi MIUI phones 5 times a year to stay stable and fast. Yes miui is a mess. It only looks and functions nicely at first.
>>
>>79683543
Did it release yet? Is there a phone that can demonstrate there won't be the same throttling and battery drain issues? No? That's what I thought.
>>
File: 1589468276679.png (335 KB, 994x961)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>79677143
>ishit
>last a good while
fucking kek
>>
>>79683829
But you would think if the package includes 3, then at least one will go well, yet the reviews are either total failure of 3 in a row or perfect fit on the first try, I really don't get it. I guess the right thing is to buy them and wish for the best?
>>
>>79683970
And even then it's still faster than the Android counterparts
>>
>>79674643
>720p
1792 × 828 px (326 ppi) which is same PPI as iphone SE
>unsightly notch you can't hide
SE has bigger notches
>>
>>79675988
What about united Kingdom?
>>
>>79678969
Which ones are the good ones I should check out?
>>
Samsung S20 FE for $550 or the iPhone 12 for $780.. Or wait for the S21 to release
>>
>>79684681
No admin on iphone, so literally any android. Doesn't have to be a fucking $600 monster.
>>
Anyway to change system sounds on Android without root? I want to put some of these Nier Automata UI sounds I've had lying around to use
>>
File: 1610099352391.jpg (30 KB, 800x450)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
when batteries charge up from 0 to 100 in just a few minutes, are people still conscious about battery life when they use their phones? like not using dark theme on their amoled or playing games for an extended period of time
>>
File: 1580047017962.webm (2.43 MB, 640x290)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB WEBM
>>79684200
Do the needful currynigger. lagPhones on release are slower than 2 year old samshits. After your lagPhone throttling """""""updates"""""" they're slower than fucking mediatek burner phones.
>>
>>79683684
I want to get one but I feel like I'm too much of klutz to be able to put in on properly
>>
>>79667062
My phone is getting to the point where it can no longer sustain itself for half a day on a full charge even with mild use.
I've been thinking of getting a refurbished flagship android device. What would your recommendations be?
>>
File: 1610098851357.jpg (664 KB, 750x841)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
>>79685912
I purchased a oneplus before finding out it runs some kind of China variant of Android "Oxygen". So you have a choice between a rom developed by who the fuck knows or Chinkdroid.

am I wrong here?
>>
What midrange phones would you consider a legitimate upgrade from the Pixel 2? The 4a isn't really that much better.
>>
File: 1610606721534.jpg (142 KB, 965x1280)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
You fired.
>>
Which are the best custom ROM supported phones in the range of 200-500?
>>
>>79674263
where do you find pirated apps?
>>
>>79688463
Pixel 5 would be the obvious choice no?
>>
>>79685910
people dont care they will just use whatever comes in the box and when that eventually breaks or get lost they will used other methods of charging the thing like dollar store cables and adapters.
>>
File: z3.jpg (77 KB, 1087x989)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>79675675
I've got a motoZ3 for over 2 years now and I have to say it's been a great phone. My only gripes with it were the lack of a headphone jack, and the bootloader is locked by the carrier. I've thought about getting a new phone but idk what I'd even want, the battery is still good so I'll probably just stick with the z3 for a while longer.
>>
>>79675675
I have one of these. It is okay. Although fast charging fucks the battery after a bit I think.
>>
>>79683205
Cheapest phone with those specs would be Razer Phone 2, you can find them used/refurbished for 200-300 bucks.
>>
>>79688771
4PDA
>>
>>79684617
https://mi.com/uk/poco-x3-nfc/
>>
File: file.png (236 KB, 700x700)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
in the market for a new phone need
>8gb RAM
>>=32gb storage
>don't care about camera
>no notch(punch holes are okay)
>easily rootable and flashable
>200-300USD
pic related is my current daily driver, it's good but there have been some OLED burns on the screen gonna sell it while i still can
>>
>>79682893
>MIUI is slow and buggy
it feels like you're just parroting what you hear on the internet without ever trying a flagship with MIUI
it isn't slow or buggy, feels just fine like every other phone does
>it doesn't have dex or a pen
sorry but genuinely, that is such a niche userbase
>>
So it seems that Net10 has started explicitly blocking tethering rather than just saying it's not allowed. What's a good AT&T MVNO that I can tether through? Right now I'm paying $20/mo for 2GB then 56k
>>
File: huawei-p-smart-s-product.png (495 KB, 1850x1530)
495 KB
495 KB PNG
I'm almost sold on the Huawey P smart S, but I need some apps available only on PS.
There's a way to reliably install apps from Google?
>>
>>79689956
https://www.xda-developers.com/googlefier-easily-install-gms-huawei-honor-devices/
>>
>>79689973
thanks.
I heard thre are some firmware problems with this method, you think that if this becomes my case I will be able to find some workarounds?
I don't wanna blow 180 eurobucks on a phone on which my banking apps won't work
>>
>>79685910
Well yes because not everyone is near a wall socket all the time. And not everyone wanna carry around a power bank
>>
I just noticed a small streak on the edge of my IPS screen that's lighter than the rest of the screen. About an inch long, horizontal.
It's only really noticeable on dark gray for some reason. It's definitely not a scratch, and I've never dropped it.
Unfortunately, I don't have a camera good enough to get a clear picture of it. It's pretty minor, but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this before?
>>
>>79683005
the note 9 is still better
>>
>>79690337
How is the Note 9 better? Because Linus says so? Yikes
>>
haven't used a Samsung phone in ages, they're gonna shit the bed with the S21 line right?

Ideally if it's good i'd want the smallest one but i'd probably be gimping myself battery wise
>>
File: Motorola-Edge-Review-8.jpg (168 KB, 1300x867)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>79688884
I have the Moto Z3 Play, which I got after retiring my original Z Play.

It's a good phone, but the removal of the headphone jack and noticeably worse and smaller battery compared to the original Z Play was a bad move.

I have since upgraded to a Motorola Edge which I copped for $500. I really love this phone outside of the curved glass screen and plastic back which is prone to scratches. The Edge is probably my second favorite phone ever, just behind the first gen Moto Z Play.
>>
>>79690376
cheaper, same shit and no punch hole.
note 10 is good, but honestly what did it do to edge out the 9?
>>
>>79690426
Hole punch is better, it will get updates for longer, Bigger battery, less s-pen latency, 12gb ram, much better processor, Gorilla glass 6. Actually the only downside in comparison to the Note 9 is the lack of headphone jack
>>
>>79690464
>Hole punch is better
subjective, but I found it too annoying
>Bigger battery
Is this really an issue for anyone anymore?
>ram & processor
for what? games? not really an issue for me

the rest is obviously true

The note 10 is objectively an upgrade, but is it really worth it for the price?

you can scoop up a nice note 9 for dirt cheap.
>>
File: ban_poop.jpg (25 KB, 400x300)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>79675728
really not awful, but charge daily to keep battery healthy, if you're a gamer more than a few mins a day or have 2+ hour movie watching sessions look elsewhere, the screen is fine, sharp w good colors
>>
For anybody seeking advice in this thread and others, take anything any one of these retards says with a grain of salt. With how much everyone admonishes iphones, you'd think they were extremely overpriced pieces of trash. I tried out an se in a store and was amazed that such a polished, smooth experience could be had on a smartphone. For most users, this would be more than enough. Ignore what all the retards say about installing roms, side loading and all that nonsense. I used to do that stuff but no more. I have a life and being autistically obsessed with all that stuff won't get you anywhere. It's much akin to the linux fags who toil for hours upon hours just to have a barely functioning os to play in a terminal with. Any self respecting individual wouldn't bother with it. At the same time, any self respecting individual wouldn't just blindly follow the crowd just for the sake of it.

Be more than what these shitheads are feeding you with.
>>
>>79690988
>750x1334 in 2021
Oh no no no...
>>
>>79690988
As an iPhone user I sometimes get the itch to switch to Android so I can ‘rice’ things. After using it for 7+ years it gets a bit boring. The good thing is their devices usually lasts a very long time.

For lower end Apple is still jew pricing though. Upper end is in line with other manufacturers so no arguments to be made there, but my advice to people is always to buy 1 generation behind for Apple devices to save money since the average resale price drops 20% a year.
>>
>>79672622
This is why I switched from Samsung to Apple. Might as well get something good and that gets OS updates.
>>
>>79690988
its because those retards never had iphone, they always praise chinkshit for 200$ because thats the only think they can buy, just to switch phone next year for another 200$ chinkshit
>LOOK AT THIS CHINK BRICK WITH 420HZ AND 6900mAh battery that lags straight from box
>>
Redpill me on the Motorola G9 Play 64GB
>>
Thought people said Samsung shit drops in price instantly after it's released.

Still only see Samsung Tab S7 at their original price here.
>>
>>79690988
Why would any self respecting individual be shilling for Apple and still defend after all the anti-customer bullshit they've pulled and continue pulling?
Also imagine being mad at people telling you not to spend more money than you realistically need to.
>>
>>79690707
Fair
>>
>>79691406
Here's what your Tim Cook says about that:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/12/tim-cook-apple-ceo-products-arent-for-the-rich-steve-jobs-iphone-x-smartphone-1000-dollar
Not sure why anyone would give a shit about any of this, but there you go.
>>LOOK AT THIS CHINK BRICK WITH 420HZ AND 6900mAh battery that lags straight from box
Oh, about lag.
https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/10/07/new-class-action-suit-resurrects-iphone-throttling-controversy
https://www.zdnet.com/article/iphone-x-gets-speed-throttling-months-after-apple-said-it-probably-doesnt-need-it/
https://youtu.be/0-6GQbqrSVE
https://youtu.be/LacqG2OuMjg
>>
>>79667062
>phone has new faster charging that requires a new brick to take advantage of
>don't include it in the box
There is no justification for this. Apple can do it because they never improve their charging.
>>
>>79691210
>Might as well get something good
It's not exactly wise to spend that much for a phone from either of the two companies, but you're still getting more for the money if you go with Samsung flagships. High refresh rate displays, crazy zoom cameras, generally better battery life, expandable memory, faster charging, etc.
>and that gets OS updates
Enjoy your throttling "update" in a year..
>>
>>79691930
>Apple can do it because they never improve their charging.
they did, they have 20W fast charger
>>
My Xperia XZ2 Compact has touch screen issues and I've had it for like 2+ years.
What phone of similar size would /g/ recommend? I'm in the UK.
>>
>>79691942
>Samsung flagships
enjoy ads in basic apps on phone that you payed 1000$+
>>
>>79691590
consdering its moto its probably gonna be pretty good, for that price point it's got pretty good performance, it is huge and has a 720p screen which isn't great but the upside to that is it's gonna stay smooth forever cause it has fewer pixels to push around the screen compared to how other midend phones will come with FHD+ screens but with worse hardware
>>
>>79692052
none. maybe try fixing it
>>
>>79690908
had a smartphone since the lord motorola q9c and this is the first time I realized that people watch video on them that isn't webbum
>>
>>79692191
>>Samsung flagships
>enjoy ads in basic apps on phone that you payed 1000$+
I don't have to, I'm not retarded enough to spend that much on any phone and I can install Blokada too.
>>
>>79691167
Adaway+minminguard
Kuroba
Jamesdsp system wide convolver eq
for me these things are utterly non negotiable
>>
I managed to scratch in 2 weeks of use, a screen that's supposed to be gorilla glass 5, just by keeping it in my pocket. It wasn't even the same pocket where my keys are or anything like that. Isn't this shit supposed to be hard to scratch?
>>
>>79692453
>Kuroba
iChan
>Adaway+minminguard
there is Adaway for safari and there is Blokada
>>
>>79692191
>>79691942
If all I do is text, web surf, some light mobile RuneScape playing and take pictures. Do I go for the new Samsung being launched today or the iPhone. I don't even know which model, they all seem the same.
>>
>>79692927
Since when does apple allow 4chan apps on the app store? or side loading them?
adaway and minminguard are system wide adblocking with cosmetic filtering.
System wide eq isn't any less important than those previous two either.
I can see if you just use Facebook or whatever though. My phone's purpose is 4chan, music, and some little shit like email, alarm clock.
>>
>>79692967
Also which has better security? I might link my MetaMask wallet to my phone.
>>
>>79692967
wait for samshit new phones and then decide
i would go for iphone especially if you want to keep your phone for more than 2 years
>>
>>79692980
Samsung is more secure.
iOS vulnerabilities are sold online for cheaper because there's so many of them.
>>
>>79692977
you have to sideload iChan, no problem
blokada is system wide block, adaway blocks only shit in safari
>>
>>79667062
Fuck I can't wait to consume this new samsung!!!
>>
>>79692651
Gorilla glass is hard to shatter and crack, scratching is another matter entirely. Glass has limitations and you either get shatter/crack-resistant or scratch-resistant, not both, and Gorilla Glass 5 is the former. Buy a screen protector.
>>
File: y.png (211 KB, 1025x613)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
HERRO!
>>
>>79693080
No basic accessories or peripherals? I'M CONSOOOMING!!!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD_BZN0bn_U

S21 reveal
>>
>>79692651
It's still glass. If it comes into contact with something harder than it, like metal, it will scratch. That being said I've been using a phone with gorilla glass 4 with no screen protector for over two years and it doesn't have a single scratch. Be more careful.
>>
File: teleshop.gif (1004 KB, 299x193)
1004 KB
1004 KB GIF
>>79693266
>Buy a screen protector.
I just did today. First time I applied it about 1 mm off so I peeled it back a bit when it was semi-adhered, and adjusted the position. Now bubbles keep coming back at the sides, 15$ down the drain I suppose.
>>
>>79671131
>tampered with, key logger etc.
by who?
>>
>>79675675
>chink engineering
so copying better ideas by finding shittier, lazier ways to do it. No wonder the g5 looked and performed like garbage
>>
I want the best gaming phone with the lowest price. I don't care about anything other than it having the best processor and having a big enough screen (6-7 inches). What phone is the phone for me?
>>
>>79693713
Seems to be working fine as I type this over three years later
>>
bros I'm thinking about selling my Galaxy S10+ and buying a PinePhone/Librem phone/a regular ass flip phone but I'm not sure if the contract is up yet. would that be an issue?
>>
>>79690416
>It's a good phone
>no headphone jack
>smaller battery

>good phone
k
>>
>>79693041
android is more secure
Samshit and security don’t belong in the same sentence. Their own monthly release notes mention dozens of vulnerabilities in their firmware separate from AOSP. They’re good at patching holes quickly but the monkey devs just keep making more.
>>
>>79693766
>but muh knox
>>
>>79693766
Those vulnerabilities aren't big. Meanwhile iPhone every other month gets one critical vulnerability and gets jailbroken.
>>
>>79693815
Go shill your gook garbage in the other thread, Ranjit
>>
>>79690988
>I tried out an se in a store and was amazed that such a polished, smooth experience could be had on a smartphone.
You have low standards. I tried out an iPhone SE in the store and felt it was too small and cramped, aged looking with its huge bezels, and the low resolution LCD is painful to look at it next to a proper AMOLED. Nice shillpost though
>>
>>79693766
Iphones are literally jailbroken how retarded are you actually
>>
>Black is our boldest color yet
>>
Im in a pickle,

i found pixel 4a on ebay new for 350 (i cant find it any other way this price in my country)
But i cant decide if it's worth for the money, i always like this little phone but im afraid i will get buyers remorse. Is the screen on sun really bad?
>>
>>79693722
>I don't care about anything other than it having the best processor
Wait for SD888 gaming phones then
>>
>>79694408
already confirmed to be shit and just small incremental upgrade from the 865 or 865+
also is gets way hotter
>>
>>79694283
with some effort, it's usable under direct sunlight
but you won't be happy about it
>>
iPhone 12 or the S21
>>
I ordered a used Android phone off e-bay
>Came fully charged
>Was not factory reset, but had nobody logged in and wasn't locked
>Settings was hidden from the app menu but found it eventually
Did a factory reset but the only other stickler now is
>Location icon is present in top status bar but location is off
>Under System, model is just "Phone" but build number matches official websites
I guess second isn't a problem but what is the first indicating? Could it be gestures? Maps for example still demands Location be turned on.
>>
File: iphone.png (26 KB, 496x535)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
Why would anyone choose a carrier locked phone when the sim free ones are cheaper?
>>
>>79694691
S21 for me no contest. If I had to buy Iphone then only the mini. Everything else is just same old iOS and same old Iphone. Some won't even upgrade from 7 or 8 because it's whatever besides the oled screen. Can't even be bothered with 60hz displays anymore either so I'll be getting that S21 and try it out.
>>
File: arethey.jpg (41 KB, 435x412)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>79694822
>>
Samsung a31 vs a51 vs nokia 7.2 vs xiaomi redmi note 8? Which is the best for custom roms and hardware quality?
anti dup
>>
>>79695131
None of the above
>>
>Samsung downgraded the charging capabilities of their new phones from 45W to 25W to justify not putting a charger in the box
OH NO NO NO
>>
>>79693795
Knox is useless if you flash a custom rom. An efuse gets blown and then knox knows the phone was modified, forever.
>>
>>79695163
Why?
>>
>>79694691
S21 for me
>>
File: 74352279.jpg (533 KB, 1032x1927)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
What's a good emergency phone for 911 calls only? Might also pop in a cheap data SIM card in it for GMaps and Uber.
>>
>>79672622
That happened when the ceo became braindead (about 5 years ago), then his soi son led the company. On october 2020, the ceo died and the heirs had to pay billions in inheritance tax. That's why samsung now has ads in its apps.
>>
>>79675291
That happened when the ceo became braindead (about 5 years ago), then his soi son led the company. On october 2020, the ceo died and the heirs had to pay billions in inheritance tax. That's why samsung now has ads in its apps.
>>
>>79679458
Pinephone
>>
>>79682445
Fewfewfewfew? Littlelittlelittlelittle?
>>
>>79683443
Use a custom stock based rom.
>>
>>79695194
it's true, wth
>25W max
>no charger in the box
>no microSD slot
Samsung doesn't give a f*ck about competing in those kinda features anymore
It seems that as long as they're matching (or barely beating) Apple they stop putting in any extra effort
>>
File: 74349553.jpg (3.03 MB, 4096x2160)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>79695272
Same anon here, probably should clarify that I'd like the phone to be as cheap as possible. It's just going to be staying in my backpack as a 2nd phone in case my main smartphone gets mugged. I don't mind buying second-hand but are there any phones I should consider buying brand new?
>>
>>79695230
None of them are Poco X3
>>
There's a very simple solution to the "no charger in the box" problem: when you buy the phone you get the option to have one included for free. If you already have a charger and the phone doesn't come with a newer kind of fast charger, you can just not get one. If it does come with a new one (to you) you can get it for free.

One manufacturer is already doing this but I can't remember which one.
>>
>>79695272
>What's a good emergency phone for 911 calls only?
a $20 dumbphone
>>
File: trade in.png (34 KB, 578x506)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
Bit the bullet and got an iphone. God im a faggot
>>
>>79695884
Did you take the large or xl buttplug?
>>
y ru gaye?
>>
>>79695884
Good girl
>>
>>79695993
>>79695980
>>79695979
S21 was disappointing. iPhone has better resale value. I'll try again next year
>>
>>79696014
That's just like your opinion man.
>>
>>79695585
I don't need dual speakers.
>>
File: 1570832157127.jpg (82 KB, 870x486)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>
>>79696122
>tweeter
>iphone
>all black and tranny models in presentation
>blacked color scheme
Who the fuck is buying Samsung in the year 2021???
>>
>>79696148
shils
>>
Is the Galaxy Note 9 just dogshit at recording calls or why is call voljme always super low on their end? I have another shitphone that cost me 50 bucks and has a dedicated record call button which is crystal clear at recording calls and has equalized volume.

How do I get better call record volume on the note 9 basically?
>>
File: 123345657.jpg (17 KB, 400x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>79696148
Me
>>
>>79696148
non iToddlers do you shit faced iphone sperg
>>
Looks like I have to choose between Xiaomi 11, S21, S20 FE 5G as replacement phone.

All look great but $200 difference is juicy with the S21.
>>
>>79672085
If you don't mind a bigger phone the XR is better. Nothing missing on it that the SE has either, it's just better.
>>
>>79696148
Samsung is south korea's lifeblood, it generates 1/5 of its gdp.
>>
File: file.png (29 KB, 512x176)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
Fuck it, just bought it, am i in for a lot of dissapointment?
>>
>>79673428
Yes, it's bad, but it might be down to personal sensitivity. Personally I found dark mode and/or low brightness on my Samsung with an OLED display to be very tiresome for the eyes, it reminded me of 2000s with shitty CRT displays that strained the eyes similarly despite being a completely different technology.
Now I'm using a phone with an LCD display that does not use PWM and it's much easier on my eyes.
If your eyes are sensitive then that's something to consider.
>>
>>79696544
Not really, it is what it is.
>>
>>79696638
i was really attracted to it and i also feel like a simple man (no gaming and heavy stuff)
>>
>>79684351
this, plus after literally using it for a minute i dont even notice the notch being there at all, SE bezels on the other hand, especially if you watch videos, are hideous
>>
>>79696544
for that price you can't really complain dude I think since you chose it already you'll enjoy it but post update in upcoming threads what you think once you have it curious to know myself
>>
>>79696014
>S21 was disappointing
You're still getting more features than on the iPhone you bought. Not that either of the two is even close to worth the amount of money.
>>
>>79696544
You played yourself

For 300 euro you could have gotten the Xperia 10 ii

Its a bit slower with its processor but has an oled screen, gorilla glass 6, water/dust resistance and a better battery
>>
>>79696741
>oled screen
dont care i have an oled tablet
>gorilla glass 6
ok
>resistance
ok thats the only think im jelly tho
>>
>>79696741
>Xperia 10 ii
that's a yikes from me man
>>
>>79696741
4a has oled hdr display
>>
>>79677143
x or xr
>>
>>79696786
Huh, I actually forgot about that, well, I guess I stand corrected
>>
>>79696544
Oofff, the Poco F2 Pro goes for the similar amount of money.
>>
>>79696841
actually not true, because id go for that.
even so its size was kinda bad for me.
anyways it's going for 450euros+ here.
>>
>>79696741
>Released 2020, May 05
>4gb
>Snapdragon 665
>>
>>79696880
Strangely enough Poco F2 Pro is selling at a higher price now than it was last autumn, back then it was often on sale for 350-370€, even dropped down to 299€ on Black Friday. You can get a Mi 10T (also with SD865) for around 400€ tho, there's even one for 349€ on eBay right now:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xiaomi-Mi-10-T-5G-Cosmic-Black-Schwarz-128GB-Android-Smartphone-Handy-LTE-4G/353352049139
>new (other)
>Customer returns opened without a charging cable
>>
>>79696969
check them digits
>>
I'm absolutely fucking pissed at Samsung. Been a Note user for close to a fucking decade, and while the writing has been on the wall since the launch of the S10, I think the S21 family is the final nail in the coffin. What a complete fucking shitshow. I miss my Note 9 more and more every fucking day.
>>
>>79696969
im at europe , anyway i felt like i had to get away from xiaomeme right now, even though i know it's a great company. I want to know what it's like to be caressed by google.
>>
>>79697016
>im at europe
the phone I linked is in germany with worldwide shipping, it was just an example of the prices they're going for, it's probably the cheapest SD865 phone now that Poco F2 has gone up in price.
>>
>>79697011
What the fuck are you crying about downie? Nothing at todays presentaition was a surprise.
>>
>>79697085
Just years of pent up frustration.
>>
Why the fuck was there so little announced at CES?

I just want a 90hz+ midranger with a decent battery that isn't a chinese piece of shit with buggy software that have support dropped within a year.
>>
>>79675675
have this bad boy too. Has served me very well for almost 4 years. My only gripes are
1) 32gb storage only, it starts to get crammed. Luckily there's the microsd slot for my hundreds of gigs of music and video
2) for a year now the vibration motor only works some of the time, which is kind of annoying when I set it to vibration mode and then can't feel/hear incoming calls. I haven't tried factory reset, I fear it's a hardware issue though unfortunately.

Other than that:
-headphone jack
-3gb ram
-microsd slot up to 512gb cards
-decent size, not too large for one hand usage
-front facing fingerprint sensor (indispensable for one hand use)

Been using it since 2017. If the aforementioned flaws didn't exist, and i were to lose this phone, I would get the same model again, used but in good condition. Name me one new phone that provides all of the above. Especially one-hand-compatible size. There's just no such thing anymore sadly, except niche models with hefty markups (more) in price. Point in case: Samsung Galaxy S10e, one of the few phones I'd consider as replacement in theory. 580€ new in 2021. Moto G5 Plus: ~165€ new on amazon (250€ new back in 2017)

How do you run Android 11 on it btw? LineageOs? Is it worth losing the built in Moto gestures?
>>
>>79697066
i hear you,
i dont disagree that it's an exceptional phone for 350 with sd 865 etc etc, but for once i followed my gut and my heart and bought something out of spite.

even though it seems like a pretty ok smartphone
>>
Honestly, fuck smartphones

I have a iphone 11 from work, and I dont understand the fucking hype.

It feels like a solid thing, but what the fuck do people even use these things to justify paying so much fucking money????

The best thing I ever did with a smartphone was to use a cheap one as a bootloader for laptops, or emulate GBA pokemon firered on it.

Fucking consoomer bullshit. Oh and no matter how expensive theres a good chance youre out walking your dog and your phone falls out of your pocket and its fucking over.
>>
>>79697547
oh and navigation for android auto

I have a cheap xiaomi that I got a few years ago, I wish you could do cool shit with smartphones, but if you actually try to use them as tools like install an altitude app on them, they are just gimmick shit
>>
File: IMG_20210114_150815.png (147 KB, 1316x817)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>Korea gets Snapdragon 888
>Europe gets Exynos 2100

How does this work?
>>
new thread
>>79697821
>>79697821
>>79697821

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.