[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: vegetas_rage.jpg (230 KB, 765x590)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
me: the router has a connection to the net. that's fine. wifi is working. the one machine i have that's connected to ethernet isn't connecting.

tech support: so it's your computer.

me: i've tried different ethernet ports, it still didn't work. i've tried different cables, it still didn't work. i've tried three different computers, it still didn't work.

me: (gritting teeth) it works if i power the router on and off a few times.

me: up to a week ago, i had a netcomm router. it worked. then you sent me that TP-link router. that didn't work. i complained, you replaced it. the replacement didn't work.

mfw
>>
>>71837788
:%s/tech support/pajeet/g
>>
>>71837788
>shitty beaner cartoon reaction image
>reddit spacing
>being literally retarded

you have to go back
>>
>>71838534
all right, captain sensible. where's the fault, if you're such a fucking genius?
>>
Looks like it's your computer buddy
>>
>>71839179
Learn to greentext
>>
File: 1537347092286.jpg (177 KB, 623x702)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>get random call from pajeetette
>claims to be from my ISP (there's like 3 and I'm with the biggest one)
>says they've been getting warnings from my IP address
>tell her I have a dynamic IP
>asks me to check my computer screen
>say I don't own a computer
>hangs up
>>
>using a router from your ISP
>>
So basically you are too stupid to diagnose the connection problem yourself.

Protip: Linux/NetworkManager and dmesg.
>>
>>71839516
depending on your ISP and country sometimes you have to put up with loads of boxes.
For me it's
>government modem
>ISP router (they call it a modem but it's not)
>my own router
I need to keep the ISP router in between to receive landline calls and get LTE backup when the fixed internet is down.
So I'm basically stuck with 3 boxes just to get internet and wifi.
>>
You are using the router provided by your ISP. Of course it's going to be a fucking piece of shit dude.

Buy your own router that isn't garbage.
>>
>>71839563
>ISP tries to send me a rebranded literal roku that's an outdated shit model
>say I don't need a roku
>"it's not a roku it's a ISP-tv"
>"it has the purple tag the roku's do, you didn't even change the case"
>"I'm going to have to check with my supervisor, please stay on the line.."
>>
>>71839563
>Buy your own router that isn't garbage.

i did, but they won't even start to tell me how to set up the new one (netcomm NF18ACV) until we've argued and argued and reached the end of their support script. THEN, if they admit their second router is also faulty, we can proceed.

i don't blame them, but this is like the text adventure where you have to kick the door three hundred times before it'll open.
>>
File: bugs_o_rly.jpg (11 KB, 298x292)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>71839629
>>"I'm going to have to check with my supervisor, please stay on the line.."

yeah, i am getting tired of hearing buzz words being thrown at me in an attempt to dazzle me into agreeing with them. "no, you can't use that model because it doesn't synch."

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.