[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Mi A3 is coming and so am I edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
https://kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
https://www.frequencycheck.com
http://willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
https://pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread
>> 71817236
>>
File: 1550312520756.gif (1.57 MB, 500x281)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>JULY FUCKING 11TH
>STILL NO US DATE FOR THE ZENFONE 6

ASUS YOU MOTHERFUCKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
JUST GIVE US THE DATE
>>
>mi a3
i might learn to tolerate the meme rounded screen corners, but i swear to God if there's no easy built-in way to disable the notch (move the whole thing down, not just darken the 'ears'), then it can go straight in the fuckin garbage tbqhwy
>>
>>71837009
If they actually do end up upgrading the SoC like the rumors say it would make the Mi 9T obsolete in a lot of ways. Nearly identical specs + expandable memory, stock Android, lower price, the only real downside being the notch.
>>
My pocomeme is great 90% of the time but by God the last 10% is infuriating
>notification icons don't persist because of being cockblocked by xbox hueg notch
>can't paste text without formatting
>bug in debugging mode setting locks out Fortnite and FGO even if you switch it off
>theme randomly switching to night mode and back again with no actual night mode toggle in the settings
>GPS quick setting controls ONLY the GPS, doesn't control location settings
>native Android file manager hidden to force me to use the crappy Mi file manager
>the worst excuse for ""stereo"" speakers I've ever come across in a phone
>touch lag difference between edge of screen and centre STILL isn't fixed
>ads
I'm seriously considering selling it and just getting an OP6T or spending a little extra for an OP7 instead.
>>
>>71837441
People will still buy the 9t for the meme pop up camera and no notch for sure.
>>
>>71837441
the Redmi Note 5/6 and the Mi A2 had nearly identical specs as well, this is nothing new for them
>>
>>71837252
The sweepstakes ends on the 15th, maybe they'll say something on that day or the following day.
>>
Just decided to browse /g/ and would like to know you guys' opinion on the OnePlus 7 Pro
>>
>>71837194
Any modern good smartphone that is no taller than 5.5 inches?

My Xiaomi Mi4c is dying and I can't find a good cheap replacement of the same size.
The Xiaomi mi6 is fucking expensive for its hardware.

I would buy one of those Xiaomi Mi 8 something if they were smaller.
>>
What's a decent mid budget smartphone ($200-$600)? I'm in California, with T-Mobile.

A decent camera and up to date OS are the two things I'd really appreciate, but I feel like I'll probably have to settle for an average camera if I'm not willing to drop more cash.
>>
>>71837624
essential phone, or any other phone thats 18:9 or greater ratio with a corner to corner screen size thats no bigger than 5.7"
>>
>>71837673
Pixel 3a, have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>71837673
i swear to fuck Californians are the dumbest fucking idiots
>>
im really interested in A3 but also almost pulling the trigger on lg g7.
>>
File: 1562875897603.jpg (22 KB, 402x394)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
testing captcha buster
>>
>>71837699
>>71837716
I buy a new smartphone every 3 years. Am I bad goy for not being up to date on the latest mindless consumer trends?
>>
>>71837252
Yo that phone would be good for some creepshots

All jokes aside that screen ratio is fucking sexy and that battery, it's so big
>>
>>71837885
>>71837624
>>71837302
>>71837194
look how dope its notification LED will be

https://youtu.be/k4S3tCuCKLk?t=236
>>
>>71838319
no notch and popup selfie camera would make this the greatest phone since the nexus 4
>>
>>71838319
time when they show the notification led? i don't speak whatever language that was
>>
how in the FUCK do you enable notifications for miui 10
>>
>>71838667
>>71838672
3:55
>>
>>71838680
damn that's dope

i'm definitely getting one for my next phone. checks every box for me
>>
>>71838707
we both mate
white for me
what about u?
>>
File: 1562364033733.png (22 KB, 231x194)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
Is there anything special I have to do to go from cyanogen to lineage?
Or do I just repeat the process (basically) of installing cyanogen only with lineage.
>>
>>71838319
Impressive Christmas led technology
>>
>>71838742
If you are still on cyanogen it would be easier just to backup any APKs and files and do a clean install with LineageOS
>>
>>71838742
Holy shit, what phone do you have that still has CM?
Yes, just do the normal wipes then install ROM, Gapps, Magisk
>>
>>71837194
CC9e would be so damn nice, but they had to shit on it with 720p display.
>>
Wait, actually, how do I go back to stock?
I don't think lineage is supported on this phone.

>>71838825
I already wiped it back to stock. cyanogen.

>>71838835
Mom's broken Xperia Z2, sitting in a desk for a while. I'm fixing it to play something with multiple phones. Turns out it was just the power button ribbon cable that was broken.
Also I have my old phone with cyanogen
>>
>>71837252
no shit july 16 my fat ass...
>>
File: 1562307959910.jpg (62 KB, 800x450)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
I want the Xperia 1 but it's so stupidly expensive
>>
>>71838966
I wanted headphones anyways so I thought of it as a $250 discount.
If I think about it, I've never owned headphones this expensive before. Even the Beyerdynamics weren't more than $200
>>
My Lenovo Z6 Pro formats SD cards to FAT32. Any way I can make it format them to exFAT?
>>
>>71837194
>Mi A3
Will it be able to run Asphalt9 in high setting at 60 Hz?
I think not!
>>
>>71837252
Based Asus autist
>>
>>71837450
>I'm seriously considering selling it and just getting an OP6T or spending a little extra for an OP7 instead.
No, don't, just learn to use your phone and then flash a custom ROM. I know you don't know what the fuck you're doing since you're getting ads.
>>
>>71837194
>upgraded chipset
>730
>675
2017 called they want their 2nd rate parts back
>>
>>71837673
Pixel 3a for sure, you're basically describing it.
>>
>>71837252
I'm so fucking done with asus phones and them basically shitting all over their lineup after the Zenfone 3 series
>release like a bunch of phones
>stick to updates on highest end
>security updates lacking for MONTHS at a time
>legit issues and complaints and feeback over their 225-150 dollar line phones
>lol fixes coming
>1 year later no fix for camera quality/driver issues
>most still suffer from boot loopingon a high scale
>storage flash is still always shit
>battery life on their "max' range is dogshit for what it should be because all the asus bloatware (inb4 hur dur flash it)

Every damn time I gave up with the Zenfone M1 max because dogshit lack of updates, but the Zenfone 3 Max? still chugging and now better with the final update of 8.1, even the camera/battery life and all that shit is all better from that old shit.
>>
>>71839767
>upgraded chipset
>730
>675
>2017 called they want their 2nd rate parts back
What second rate parts? The 675 supports 48 MP sensors, has single core performance on par with the 845 and can run the currently most demanding mobile game.
>>
What's the best site to buy a phone from in Australia?
>>
>>71837194
is there a continuously updated list of snapdragons and other arm chips, sorted by speed?
>>
>>71839719
must be a pajeet
>>
>>71839767
>The Snapdragon 675 was announced on October 22, 2018.
>The Snapdragon 730 and 730G were announced on April 9, 2019.
>>
>>71840064
Typically AliExpress, use Kimovil to check if you have a specific phone in mind
>>
Aw shit A3 hype, someone recommended me that one last thread, since I want either a tablet or another phone to replace my Redmi note 3 pro to separate my work stuff from my online shit.
>>
I will probably snatch an a2 for 140 and call it a day
I'm not paying 250 for a phone, to fuck it up and drop it in two days
Rugged and cheap is the name of my game
>>
>>71840064
ebay, literally 75% cheaper
>>
>>71840337
A2 seems like its price went down.
Damn, it all depends on what's improved on A3 for me then, if it's not much I might just get an A2 as well.
>>
Do you have to worry about telemetry or spyware with chinkphones?

Even if you flash the original rom from their website, can it still have malware on it?
>>
>>71840415
Just don't install WeChat and you'll be fine.
>>
>>71840367
>AMOLED over LCD
>Bigger battery
>Better processor
>under display fingerprint reader
>significantly better cameras

it's better in just about every way. At release it'll cost probably twice as much, but it'll come down. And you're getting another year of updates to buy the A3 new

to me A3 will 100% be worth it, but I can also see where A2 looks like a valid option. Make sure you get the 6 gb ram variant though, the 4 gb variant has issues with ram management. Or honestly just consider the redmi note 7 at that price point, it's better in every way except OS
>>
Ordered a 1+7 yesterday
now I'm IMPATIENT AS FUCK
>>
>>71840415
Just use a custom ROM as you should anyway. If it's with microG even better.
>>
>where I live it's about 10% cheaper to buy a grey import OP7 with the reseller's markup than it is to buy an officially sold local OP6T
What the heck why are the local suppliers ripping us all off
>>
>>71840573
in hong kong it's way cheaper to just go north of the border to buy OP7 in shenzhen and flash the ROM
they're being jews
>>
>>71840536
"Dunnoman" is an anagram for "Dumn anon". Coincidence? I think not.
>>
I just got a Xiaomi A2 Lite and it's my first android phone, are there any recommended changes for this phone ?
>>
>>71837450
b.but spg told me that pocophones are better than iPhones?
>>
>>71840997
Android one is fantastic as is
Display size -> small
>>
>>71841021
He doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. The retard couldn't have turned a few toggles off during the initial setup so he wouldn't see ads.
>>
Is blokada good enough with system wide shit?

I want something that won't waste battery, won't need root and will block ads for apps that often have those. I heard using the adguard private DNS would work but I think I'd rather go with something like quad9
>>
>>71841038
What about everything else on that list that isn't about ads?
>>
>>71841044
Buy those apps and call it a day
>>
>>71841045
The notification bar can be completely replaced so more notification icons fit and fit permanently with a single zip file.
About pasting text - I don't know what the fuck he's doing, but he should be using SwiftKey with a firewall. It's most likely keyboard software related.
He didn't say which specific developer setting is causing him issues, so - morning to really respond to. There's no need to even fiddle with this when the phone has the second best Snapdragon money can buy.
He most likely turned on automatic night mode without noticing. As I said, a retard. Can't even install a different file manager... He's also complaining about speakers on a fucking smartphone... They're all garbage and always will be garbage just due to physical size.
That about covers it.
>>
So I asked the other day but got no answers, is there anything extremely wrong that I should know about the Mi Mix 3 5G before I pull the trigger?
>>
>>71837450
GPS quick setting only controls location on my Huawei too, it's not that much of a bother to hold the icon for a second and turn it off proper
>>
>>71841374
no custom shit for it
>>
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime on T-Mobile. What's a good non-Chink under $200?
>>
bought the Moto g7 power for $200 not too long ago. before buying this phone, check if it has a compass or nfc if you want those features. the phone I bought had neither of those features.
>>
>>71841438
Do yourself a favor and get the Mi A2
>>
>>71841560
>3000 mAh battery
>no micro SD card slot
>no headphone jack
>eMMc issues
Yeah no.
>>
I've been rocking the Moto /g/ for years now and am looking to upgrade but I can't be arsed to spend a lot of dosh.
Is the Motorola One good?
>>
>>71841603
Mi A2 Lite then
>>
>>71841666
>Is the Motorola One good?
no
get the Mi A2, Mi A2 Lite, or the Mi A3 (will be announced today)
>>
>>71841738
Why? Redmi Note 5 is better and can be had for under $200. For slightly more than that you can get the Redmi Note 7.
>>
>>71841746
Any chance of the Mi A3 having a headphone jack?
I kinda need that.
>>
>>71841803
Note 5 comes with MIUI which sucks ass
>>71841813
seems like the Mi A3 will have a headphone jack
>>
>>71841979
>seems like the Mi A3 will have a headphone jack
Based, thanks
>>
>>
>>71841560
>>71841803
I said no Chink shit
>>
>>71842030
everything under 200€ that's not Chinese (still manufactured in China ofc, just with a non-Chinese brand logo) is trash.
>>
>>71841979
>Note 5 comes with MIUI which sucks ass
Yeah. But there are dozens of custom ROMs for it, so it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1541538409899.png (30 KB, 298x279)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>71837194
GIVE
NOW
>>
>>71841104
>The notification bar can be completely replaced so more notification icons fit and fit permanently with a single zip file.
You mean installing a hacky app with an overlay?

>About pasting text - I don't know what the fuck he's doing, but he should be using SwiftKey with a firewall. It's most likely keyboard software related.
no, MIUI's native selection menu does not have the the "paste as plain text" option that pretty much every other ROM does. Meaning that copy and paste text brings all the links and formatting with it.

>He didn't say which specific developer setting is causing him issues, so - morning to really respond to. There's no need to even fiddle with this
Switching on USB debugging mode for something as simple as debloating or giving battery stats permissions permanently flips some flag that games like Fortnite and FGO detect and then refuse to launch after, even if you switch it off afterwards. Google it, the bug has been there for months now and Xiaomi refuse to fix. No other ROM does this.

>He most likely turned on automatic night mode without noticing.
Global Stable doesn't even have user-facing night mode toggle, let alone an automatic night mode option. The retard devs did something that flips it on in the last OTA and since there's no user-facing toggle I can't flip it back off, plus it isn't even implemented properly because opening the settings menu freezes the phone for a second and then turns it back off but with all the icons changed to Classic defaults instead of the Poco icons.

>Can't even install a different file manager...
I don't want to clog up my phone with a different file manager, I just want to use the basic built in manager. What's wrong with that?

>complaining about speakers on a fucking smartphone
I'm complaining about the STEREO speakers. The phone was advertised as having stereo audio, but the earpiece speaker is so quiet that it may as well not actually exist.
>>
>>71842110
>You mean installing a hacky app with an overlay?
Well, don't and feel free to keep dealing with bullshit the notch caused. Ain't no shit off my shirt.
>no, MIUI's native selection menu does not have the the "paste as plain text" option that pretty much every other ROM does
I don't remember that. Just try another keyboard, it doesn't cost you anything.
>Switching on USB debugging mode for something as simple as debloating or giving battery stats permissions permanently flips some flag that games like Fortnite and FGO detect and then refuse to launch after, even if you switch it off afterwards
Weird. I'm not playing either of those or any other games period.
>No other ROM does this.
Another argument for not dealing with MIUI's bullshit any more.
>I just want to use the basic built in manager. What's wrong with that?
I don't know, it being gimped and requiring every permission including the only one it really needs (read from storage). You have a micro SD card slot, one usable file manager isn't going to kill you.
>The phone was advertised as having stereo audio, but the earpiece speaker is so quiet that it may as well not actually exist.
This is why you use ViPER4Android.
>>
just bought a mi 9 (did i fuck up?)
>>
>>71842243
no, good choice
might wanna replace MIUI with a good custom ROM tho
>>
>>71842273
kinda lazy and miui is pretty good i think. whats the biggest reason to switch? i dont care about botnets desu they can sell my soul
>>
In terms of custom ROM compatibility, are the Mi Mix 3 and the Mi 9T good or bad?
>>
The Mi A3 looks so good, it seems fishy
They have to fuck up in some way
>>
>>71842295
if you're ok with MIUI it's fine, I think it's bearable too
I just like stock Android much better
>>
>>71841438
Moto G7 Power, is over $200 but only just ($229 for the US unlocked or T-Mobile version, international version is cheaper but missing bands for T-Mobile)
>>
>>71842110
>>71837450
MIUI Beta has permanent notification icons
>>
crdroid best custom for the a2 lite?
>>
>>71842380
There is still a decent chance the SoC upgrade rumors are complete bullshit and it comes with a 665/710.
>>
How expensive is the Mi A3 gonna be.
want to spend £150 or less. Note 7 is still good, right?
>>
>>71842837
Snapdragon 660 is dated as fuck
>>
>>71842554
If they upgrade the soc it's very likely the prices are gna be fukd. Looks to me like they're trying to be premium now. The overblown camera mp, memey back plate and a that jazz..
Just hoping the a3 lite gets a better screen too if they upgrade the soc.
>>
>>71842837
Look at the cc9 and cc9e prices.
So probably $230+ for the lite and $280+ for the full a3.
>>
>>71842896
>>71842939
ill prob just get the note then. dont care about performance for 4chan browsing.
>>
>>71842898
More expensive than before for sure, but I doubt they'd price it above the Mi 9T. It would still be a good deal.
>>
is the pixel 3a good? I don't want a huge phone like the Mi 9T but the processor and the 4GB of ram of the pixel seem kind of dated
>>
How big is the difference between Mi A2 and Note 7 Pro? Those are the two phones I'd like to upgrade to. My budget isn't big. I was thinking about OnePlus 7 as well, but I'm just playing shitty mobage most of the time so it kinda feels like a waste. Are there better options for that price range? (£200-400)
>>
>>71843014
Don't get the Mi A2, it's trash.

>Are there better options for that price range?
Pocophone, Mi9T
>>
>>71842985
yes it's good, tho a bit overpriced. I'd get the Mi A3 instead.
>>
Are chink phones unironically better than tablets for just playing shitty mobile games on? When was the last good tablet since the shield that wasn't overpriced?
>>
File: 1540337997279.png (864 KB, 960x720)
864 KB
864 KB PNG
>unlocked s10e SD variant
>still on May 2019 security patch
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>71843423
What did you expect from a current Samsung Galaxy? They took a shit on everything. The original S1 all the way to the S7 were some of the most popular devices to develop custom ROMs for. But no, fuck you, have an Exynos. At least the A70 is a global Samsung phone with a Snapdragon SoC. Something might happen with it.
>>
>>71843423
Can't even keep their own fucking promises
https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
>Current Models for Monthly Security Updates1 Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8 Active, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e
>>
>>71843464
the relevant parts of the world get the Snapdragon devices tho.
>>
>>71843476
Yeah. That relevant and totally FREE™ part of the world gets their CARRIER LOCKED Snapdragon devices. What a great fucking deal!
>>
>>71843464
I thought Exynos devices outperformed the SDs for a generation or two, what happened?
>>
>>71843423
Yeah, same with the A50

But apparently it's because the June update that pajeets are "enjoying" is a bit fucky with something they fixed on a previous update. Samsung ain't so good with updates. Oh well, at least shit hasn't been giving me trouble.
>>
File: yuuup.jpg (11 KB, 203x264)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>71843527
>rent free
>still wrong
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Factory-Unlocked-Phone/dp/B07N4M412B
>>
>>71843555
SD always > Exynos
>>
>>71843555
Not anymore, but Exynos docs are far more complicated to make custom ROMs for.
>>71843563
Don't know what the fuck do you mean with that /pol/ bullshit and who in the actual flying fucking fucking fuck cafes if your devices is unlocked? It doesn't change anything for you. You'll still get two Android version updates and you're done, even if you've bought the most expensive model. Keep consuming genius.
>>
>>71843574
>the SD810 tire fire
>the SD820 letdown
>>
>>71843594
SoCs not docks lel.
>>
>>71843594
I'm saying that while amerimutts live rent free in your head (a.k.a. you're always thinking about them,) you are still wrong as to what devices the land of the free get. Your post >>71843527 directly states that amerifats only get CARRIER LOCKED Snapdragon devices, but the link at >>71843563 easily disproves then. Then you move goalposts at >>71843594 by saying that "who in the actual flying fucking fucking fuck cafes (sic) if your devices is (sic) unlocked," while replying to your original post in >>71843527 that, again, claims that amerisharts only get CARRIER LOCKED Snapdragon devices.
tl;dr you a gay
>>
Prople who have an A40 here, what cover do you use?
>>
>>71843651
Wow, great win there buddy. And what are you going to get out of your device being unlocked? Huh? What's it unlocked for? Certainly not custom ROMs, because there aren't any and you're done after two years. Very conveniently skipped that part I see. Eh, I don't care really, I'm not the one getting ripped off.
>>
>>71843464
>The original S1 all the way to the S7 were some of the most popular devices to develop custom ROMs for.

Yeah but in contrast those devices pretty much fucking required said custom ROMs not to be sluggish garbage. Current devices you just disable the shit you don't want through adb and unless you really dislike how shit looks, it's near lagless.
>>
>>71843672
some nillkin cover
>>
>>71843360
Android tablets are shit, if you have to have a tablet get the baseline iPad
otherwise get a large screen phone like the Mi 9, Mi 9T or Redmi Note 7 (OnePlus 7 Pro if you want the best of the best)
if you don't want chinkphones the Galaxy A70 has an excellent large screen at a relatively low price
>>
>>71843727
Damn shame we're only now getting something similar to the legendary S5 with the Mi A3 hopefully.
>>
Almost there, fellas
>>
>>71843360
samsung s5e isn't bad for a pseudo laptop that runs Android but for those prices you might as well just buy a Surface Go instead.
>>
File: gsmarena_000.jpg (12 KB, 344x215)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>71844095
Just take my money already jeeeeeez
>>
>>71843709
>And what are you going to get out of your device being unlocked?
not being locked to a specific carrier. Way to move more goalposts you homo
>b-but amerimutts don't get unlocked devices lmao
>*gets proven wrong*
>b-but you can't even USE unlocked devices
Stay gay muhammad
>>
Trying to do a cache partition wipe on this old Galaxy Tab 3 (GT-P5200), but I keep getting error. Will a factory data reset work or am I fucked for some reason? Want to update the 4.2 to 4.4.
>>
Does fast charging actually ruin your battery or is that a meme?
>>
should i get s10e or lg g8s ?
i dont care about notch
or maybe should i wait for new xiaomemes, help bros.
>>
>>71844569
>not being locked to a specific carrier
Whoah, such a great win man. Who ever mentioned that until you now? Are you even listening to yourself? I don't think so.
>b-but you can't even USE unlocked devices
No, no, no, and no, you dumb motherfucker. I never said that and I explained to you the specific reasoning three times, but somehow you've kept ignoring it.
>Stay gay muhammad
Just go back to /pol/ with this shit or put on a trip so I can filter retards like you easily. And yeah, I'm totally gay and muslim because you said so, nice telepathic abilities.
>>
>>71844755
What features are important for you?
>>
COME ON
IM BUYING THAT SEXY A3
LETS DO THIS
inb4 280€
>>
>>71842896
but it just werks brilliantly
>>
Why has my 6T stopped quick charging? Whenever I plug it in, it only charges at the normal speed now.
>>
>>71845443
Probably shit cord. I replaced mine with some cheap amazon 3 pack and it works the best.
>>
What of I die from hype? Imagine I am revived tomorrow, and the A3 is ass
Would I die again?
>>
>>71844839
The simple fact is that
1. You claimed that Amerishoots only get carrier locked devices >>71843527
2. You get BTFO with facts >>71843563
3. After getting amerirekt, you move goalposts >>71843594
>>71843709
1. lal you get CARRIER LOCKED Snepdregen devices
2. *um no sweatys your path*
3. lal who cares if you get unlocked snabdraben devices you can't use it anyway
Again, the main point was that -regardless of whether having an unlocked S10 is actually useful - americhads get them, regardless, and are not limited to carrier-locked devices. And also, again, stay gay mohammad.
>moving your goalposts so far that you forget your original point
>>
>>71844488
what if the A3 is just the 9T would you be more hype? I would :)
>>
>>71845524
I like the backplate of the cc9 more :x
>>
>>71845524
don't know I put my phone face up so that blinky light wont do much, plus it still has notch it seems even samsung might be going with a popup camera
>>
>>71845510
I don't have any more energy to deal with you. I wasn't even here to pick up a fight, but you won one against a straw man and you've conveniently ignored what I was originally talking about every single time. Bye.
>>
>>71843360
the Mi Pad 4 from Xiaomi is the best budget tablet you can get right now at $200
>>
>>71845874
MIUI on a tablet doesn't sound very fun
>>
File: 1553920880371.png (1.7 MB, 636x950)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
Looking for smartphone with big screen and no notch/hole
should I buy xiaomi mi t9?
>>
>>71845997
I own a mi mix 3 and my only two complaints are how hard to take apart it is because of the slide mechanism and how heavy it is, my pants fall down if I'm not wearing a belt with it in my pocket, The t9 is about 30 grams lighter and has a 25% bigger battery. I bought the mi mix 3 because I didn't want a notch but I have come to think that a notch is a slight annoyance rather than a reason to avoid a phone.
>>
>>71845997
It's either that or OP7 Pro depending on how much you want to spend.
>>
File: 1549011893511.png (309 KB, 643x969)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
Im still waiting for a tablet with a snapdragon 855...
>>
>>71845832
>I don't have any more energy to deal with you.
> I wasn't even here to pick up a fight
>Bye
>imagine being so BTFO that you leave this board forever
>>
Please recommend a phone below 150€ that doesn't suck at taking photos. Used or new
>>
>>71846373
Mi A2
>>
>>71846373
Redmi Note 7
>>
For the love of fuck, Xiaomi, post that shit already
>>
please buy the xperia 1
we cannot lose sony
>>
>>71846623

What an expensive meme phone...would buy if I had the rubles.
>>
Pajeets on YouTube uploading fake first look videos of the A3
Blogs posting the CC pictures photoshoping the A3 box
Pls Xiaomi
>>
File: kumiko zenfone 6.png (1001 KB, 885x968)
1001 KB
1001 KB PNG
>>
>>71845874
I gave up on tablets. I'm just gonna get a lg v20 unless I can get a better deal for 100. I just want to fuck around with it and run shitty apps on it in place of a tablet. I've looked at the market and these rebrands they let out these days are garbage. Lower spec than their predecessors for more money.
>>
Help a retard out please. I got a pocophone f1 and what I assume is some aggressive battery saver thing is fucking me over. I want to record hiking/biking tours (with komoot) but a few minutes after locking the screen it stops recording position data. How can I tell my magic pocket computer to keep it running?
>>
>>71847068
install lineage
>>
can i get a final confirmation on this; will Redmi Note 7 work well in US.
im moving there soon and the last thing I want is for my phone to not work.
>>
Huawei p20 or A3?
>>
>>71845925
its got dev support just like the phones
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-pad-4
>>71846773
for $100 you arent going to find anything really decent unless you go into chinktabs from places like Chuwi, etc or maybe you might get lucky and find an older Samsung S tablet on eBay with decent specs but thats a big IF
the Mi Pad 4 has the same chip as the Mi A2/ RN7 and is actually worth the money if you want a good tablet
>>
whats the new flagship killer now?
>>
>>71847094
welcome to t-mobile bro, u might want to call them and double check because i got cucked by metro pcs when i got the redmi 5 and had to switch to tmobile.
>>
>>71847457
Redmi K(iller)20 Pro, bro
>>
File: 1562959647677.png (380 KB, 783x476)
380 KB
380 KB PNG
>>71847457
>>
>>71847413
100 isn't the budget, thats just what a v20 costs and that has an adreno 530 in it apparently.
>>
>>71840131
I've got this
https://www.myfixguide.com/best-smartphone-processors-ranking/
>>
>>71845487
God damn A3 Camera focused with notch and more resources spent on selfie camera, it sucks to live in this world
>>
>>71842380
notch
rounded screen corners
>>
there is like 1273917 new xiaomis phone announced, so which one will be the best?
>>
>>71847721
Snapdragon's naming convention is the only one that makes any sense
>>
>>71844598
>Does fast charging actually ruin your battery
yes
>>
>>71847816
>>71842380
why didn't xiaomi just use the k20/9T for the A3? at least make an A3 Pro for the love of god!
>>
Why should I get the A3 instead of something like the OnePlus 6T (excluding price difference)?
>>
>>71847818
Mi 9 right now, in a few months Mi Mix 4. These will get the longest and earliest official updates, and the custom/modding support for the Mi 9 not even half a year after release is amazing.
>>
>>71844598
Then how the hell are you supposed to NOT do it? Half the phones that come with that shit don't let you disable it.
>>
so... how much ram do I need?
I use only clover, chrome and youtube
>>
>>71848196
I'd say minimum 3gb, it's what I have and make do.
>>
>>71847989
Micro SD card slot, headphone jack and possibly better battery life. But let's wait to see what it really is first.
>>
>>71848194
Use a slow charging brick
>>
>>71848196
there is a noticeable difference between 3 and 4 gb in most phones that i've used

there is no real noticeable difference between 4 and 6 gb in most phones, except mi A2 (6gb is legendary god mode in that phone, 4 gb can lock up the phone when you close chrome etc)

so i'd say 4 gb in every phone is okay except mi A2
>>
holly shit i don't know what to choose between lgg8s and s10e (exynos version)
i have been using lg g6 for like 2 years and it would be perfect if it had oled screen, and battery is going down so i have to change it, on the other hand s10e seems to perfect phone for this price but idk if exynos version is as that bad as you all say
>>
>>71846767
NEVER
EVER
V
E
R
>>
>>71847643
it just depends on whether you want a big screen or not, also the 530 on the V20 doesnt support Vulkan OOTB like the GPU on the 660, go check out tge XDA forum for the V20 and you'll find the Vulkan drivers there and installation instructions as well
>>
>>71848196
at least 4gb.
>>
Hey /spg/ Help me choose between the Nokia 8.1 (the one I initially wanted, because of Android One), the Motorola One Vision (Android One as well) and the Samsung Galaxy A50 which is kind of nice as well but doesn't have Android One.
I'd like to have at least Android 9, a compass, good GPS, fingerprint sensor and at least 3500mAh battery. Are there any other mobilephones matching this criteria?
>>
>>71849366
Mi A3 my nigger
>>
It's infuriating that you can't control which lens to use in any of the galaxy phones with pro mode

Is this a thing with every other phone too?
>>
File: A3 by XIAOMI.jpg (175 KB, 1200x1200)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

IT IS OUT
>>
File: 75-169-766-V01[1].jpg (58 KB, 1280x960)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Looking for a phone at ~$400 US, preferably with the best camera possible, but I can't give up expandable memory for the Pixel 3a.

Any recommendations? Currently looking into the Samsung A50, but I wanted to check here to see if anyone else had ideas.

US, Sprint
>>
File: A3 by XIAOMI_back.png (89 KB, 500x500)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>71849873
>>
>>71849873
>>71849945
>>
File: Fedora Cat.jpg (10 KB, 236x236)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Man I sure hope the Mi A3 has at least 10 cameras or I'm not buying it
>>
>>71849873
>>71849945
>>71849965
Specs?
>>
>>71849895
>Any recommendations?
Pixel 3a

>I can't give up expandable memory
FUCK YOU
>>
>>71837194
Anyone here who has got the Pixel 3a? Is the glossy plastic back scratching easily? I'm kind of tempted to buy one, but I don't want to end up with a phone which looks like crap in a month. I it does I might end up with a Mi A3, assuming I'll be able to buy one.
>I also hate cases, screen protectors, etc.
>>
>>71849997
4030mah
sd730
48mp+8mp+8mp
32mp front facing camera
3,5mm port
SD card slot
6,39'
>>
>>71850046
also

6gb/64gb
6gb/128gb

lite version has a 4gb ram option and smaler screen paired with sd665
>>
File: fest.png (78 KB, 122x267)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
I will be switching from an ZTE Axon 7 to a Xiaomi Mi 9T, is there any big differences in the Os? Anything I should know before I switch over to MiUi?
>>
>>71849895
Camera on that one is fairly limited by software, despite being an ok sensor. Also no custom ROM support. Still good phone.
>>
>>71850063
As long as the screen is not 720p and the cost is similar to the cc9e idgaf about upgraded SD processor
>>
>>71850130
mi a3 will have FHD+ screen
i bet the lite version will have an inferior panel.
>>
>>71849873
where is that image from?
>>
>>71842837
Note 7 is based. Love mine.
>>
>>71850091

MIUI shits the bed hard.
If you like anything remotly near stock android, don't buy it.

>>71850169
my uncle is at Xiaomi HQ
>>
>>71850112
I've seen a few posts around about being able to put gcam onto it, which sounds like it could help make up some of the difference in the camera quality. Would you say it's worth getting if that's true?
>>
>>71848763
Yeah, isn't the one with the 660 weaker though in comparison because of the gpu? Anyways I'll check the forums for vulkan, thanks.
>>
>>71838500
popup camera is a meme, but at least you know the phone isn't trying to take photos of your face without your knowledge
>>
The A3 looks kind of chunky, like the a2 lite
Thank God the screen is not going to be ass
>>
>>71850437
glorious AMOLED
>>
>>71849873
>>71849945
>>71849965
let me guess, Xiaomi still didnt give it Band 12/17 LTE support, right?
>>
https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-mi-a3-1008750/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
>>
>>71850520
let me guess you're an amerifat buying carrier branded phones?
>>
>>71850530
wow, all the memes in the world and you only got one thing right
let me guess, you're a filthy piece of eurotrash who enjoys watching your precious civilization become muddled by the "refugees" you lot were stupid enough to let in from your single room (read closet sized) apartment while feigning superiority? i abhor carrier branded devices, I buy my devices outright and use prepaid services, i understand its a bit much for an utter moron such as yourself to conceive that outside of your prejudiced inclinations, however that's the way is
>>
>>71850606
>let me guess, you're a filthy piece of eurotrash

i'm not, not even kidding
>>
>>71850648
k well i dont use carrier branded devices, and as a matter of fact im using a RN5 whyred running Havoc OS v2.7 and i love the fucking device except for thw lack of B12/17 support
i just fucking wish Xiaomi would actually introduce this phone to our market because people would flock to this and force the carrier model to disintegrate which would open the door for better midrange device access here, but yet they always pull this bullshit where they think Americans won't buy their phone if they were officially sold here which is nonsense
>>
>>71850704
ok mate, sorry for the preconception towards you there.
>>
>>71850735
no worries
>>
>anon what kind of phone did you get?
its called a pocophone f1...
>a poopphone f1 you said? gross
>why did you get a poopphone?
because its cheaper than all the others
>god what a loser you are
>>
>>71850798
imagine being insecure about the phone you use
>>
>Your battery is going to charge extremely quickly, courtesy of the latest Snapdragon processor’s Quick Charge 3.0 support. It’s got wireless charging support as well, which means you can even charge it without wires at fast speeds. Those speeds are set to get even faster, with Qualcomm now supporting and certifying wireless chargers.

Since when processors affect so many things ?
>>
>>71850847
>>
>>71850847
It's not a processor, it's a SoC (system on chip)
>>
Think my Moto G4 may be starting to die of old age and use.

Original plan was to replace it with Huawei Honor phone, they are cheap and fit everything I liked but well that seems a little fucked now.

>root/bootloader unlock
>1080 decent screen
>expandable storage
>battery life
>cheap price
I really just look for something that gives me control, lasts awhile, can store music, and play the one game I play on phones to kill time. Don't give much of a fuck about cameras or fingerprint bullshittery or facial waste of space, etc.

Anything else out there fit the bill? Feels like most thinks are loaded with crap or are giant or have the wonderful Apple pioneered notch of stupidity.
>>
hey fags, I was wondering if there is an existing application (that doesn't require root) that would allow me to encrypt my SD card and actively decrypt it everytime I wanted to use it.

want to just chuck my porn on it since I'm sick of being concerned to open the gallery or a file manager in public.
>>
>>71850961
I think there are some apps for just locking a folder with a password that generally hides things out of the gallery. Keepsafe may work for you, can't remember if its the one I tried but the description sounds about right.
>>
>>71850920
country? carrier?
>>
>>71850961
>>71851065
Hide It Pro on the Play Store
it hides itself with 3 different camos and you have to press a specific spot to access the folder then have to enter the password/PIN/FP
>>
>>71850920
my g6+ is pretty good. battery is a bit small at 3200mah but lasts a long time as long as you don't run it at full brightness.

>no notch
>expandable storage
>bootloader unlock
>price isn't bad
>excellent camera
>2160x1080 screen
>>
File: 1562664577753.jpg (95 KB, 1025x1598)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>71851104
Im about to buy the MI9T, is the MiA3 better? or is it a cheap standard phone?
>>
>>71851175
>better
well that's subjective, if you think having a headphone jack or expandable storage is important or maybe having a stock Android experience is what you're comfortable with then i would suggest the Mi A3
if none of that appeals to you, and you like the idea of a bezeless/notchless screen with a pop-up selfie camera, then the Mi 9T would be more up your alley
the hardware is about the same minus the exceptions listed above
>>
>>71851104
US and Verizon (they aren't so impossible to activate gsm only phones on now I know Oneplus, Razer, and I think Oppo all work offhand)

Sorry made the Huawei mention with out specifying that is why I wasn't going ahead with them because who the hell knows whats going to happen there. Sucks I rather like their phones, decent balance of basic smartphone features and not a price stacked high for nonsense nobody uses two weeks later
>>
>>71851133
Yea I was honestly thinking of just going with the G series again. Think moto g7 is out now. Screen on the G4 was a little dull on colors was my only real gripe about it, but to its credit I did keep brightness kinda low and some panels just don't do well with that.
>>
I'm not an audiofool but I feel like I lose audio quality with the USB-C - mini jack adapter... Is it only in my head ?
>>
Any nice phones not plagued by google and possibly no front camera either?
I'm not one of those "da joos!" guys but I'm getting annoyed by google's nannying and prying + I never ever ever take selfies
my budget is about 500 USD
>>
>>71851381
now here me out, if you're looking for something that that marks all the boxes in your original post, i suggeat you check out pic related
>supports VZW LTE bands
>headphone jack
>expandable storage
>5150mAh battery
>Helio P60 = SD660 Look it up
>$199.99 on eBay right now
and its development community has been growing
>>
>>71851965
also to clarify the lack of front camera isn't really a necessity, would be a cool upside though
>>
>>71851965
mi 9t, or wait a little and see if mi 9t pro ever drops.

or splurge and go for a oneplus 7 pro
>>
>>71850434
not for me, never take selfies just use front camera to check if something stuck in teeth, so would rather not have notch
>>
>at least 4000mha battery
>no notch
>no round corners screen, not curvy
>fast
>decent back camera with Gcam
>LCD or Oled screen don't care
>hp jack
>stock android

Does this gem exist ?
>>
>>71852759
Asus Zenphone Max Pro M1
>>
>>71851965
Just put some electrical tape or paint over the selfie camera.
>>
Anyone with Oneplus experience? How long does Oneplus generally keep their phones updated? Do they still update the OP5 or will I need to flash a rom for the latest meme?
>>
>>71851965
Asus Zenfone 6 if they ever decide to officially launch the device
>>
As a burger, I just got access to the Xperia 1 today. It took a bit to adjust because there's some changes from the Xperia 10 plus, but I really love it so far. Its going to perform poorly because
>Other phones at the same price point have better cameras and/or batteries
>It's not offered through US carries, so you just have to buy it outright instead of building it into your phone bill
>The next billion Sony phones have all leaked and are seemingly coming out soon enough to encourage people to wait
Which is a fucking shame because it's a genuinely fun piece of tech. I guess that's the thing though, it's a luxury and a bit of a gimmick over a sensible value. Got the pre-order headphones for maximum luxury.
>>
>>71851999
Seems almost too good. Looks like it has a notch though but almost forgivable at that price point. I think it would drive me nuts after awhile though.
>>
>>71853318
nah man, you can hide the notch in the settings, you wont even notice it
>>
>>71842380
Is it IP certified?
>>
>>71853399
I don't know
I got pissed with all the fake leaks so I will wait for the official specs
It's been a shitshow today of pajeet baits
>>
>>71846373
Either of the 2 suggestions but get a GCam mod.
>>
>>71853399
There has never been an IP certified Xiaomi phone. Which is weird to me because pajeets get a lot of rain so shouldn't IP rating be really important to them?
>>
>>71853552
Intelligent people don't let their phones get wet in the first place.
>>
I hope the upcoming small iphone causes xiaomi to make a smaller option as well. currently using the mi9se but even that feels annoyingly large compared to earlier iphones. just want something small with decent hardware
>>
>>71853427
i wish xiaomi would just release the fucking specs already. i'd have the biggest let down of all time if they make this god-tier budget phone that doesn't have even bands 2 or 4
>>
What did my xiaomeme mean by this ?

They really need to get their shit together with the language localisation.
>>
>>71853817
CHINKED
>>
>>71852047
>or wait a little and see if mi 9t pro ever drops
well

https://fccid.io/2AFZZ-XMSF11G

approx 5 months
>>
>>71853552
>>71853562
Basement dwellers spotted. Don't you nerds go to the beach/waterfalls/etc and take pictures? thought so.
>>
>>71853972

What am I looking at
>>
Finally i have the mi9 t on my hands but, if i enable Always On Display it doesnt turn off while in my pocket, or put my hand over the phone.

Am i missing something?
>>
>>71854007
I take pictures at the beach but I don't fucking bring my phone into the water like a retarded asshat
>>
>>71854333
That's the point, you don't bring your phone on the water because you can't. How fucking dense are you?
>>
>>71854460
Except that 99% of "water resistant" phones are not certified for saltwater at the beach, pressurized streams of water from a waterfall, or chlorinated water from a pool. The only thing the water resistance is good for is a splash of rain, a spilled cup of water or a drop in the (detergent-less) sink
>>
>>71854496
>I'll just pull these bullshit facts out of my ass thinking that people here don't have experience like I do
Yeah, that's you.
>>
>>71854590
https://www.ifixit.com/News/your-phone-is-never-waterproof-no-matter-what-the-maker-says
http://www.dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/
Go eat a bag of dicks you smoothbrained turbopillock.
>>
>>71854710
Did you even read the article or did you just quickly pick something from google with a headline that somewhat relates to your bullshit? The point of the article is that phones lose their their capacity for water proofing over time and abuse, which if fucking true for any other component of the phone. No fucking shit right there Sherlock.
>>
>>71854782
which is true**
>>
>>71844101
>Scamsung
no
>>
>>71850889
Same thing.
>>
>>71853299
>doesn't mention the biggest flaw
imagine running a 4K display on a sub-3500mah battery.
>>
>>71854782
Just get a rugged waterproof shitphone if your life revolves around dunking phones in seas and waterfalls, god what a total faggot.
>>
>>71854813

Sony are such cheap fucks with the battery capacity on their line up, it's been forever.
>>
>>71854782
You sound butthurt
>>
>>71854825
>>71854836
Have sex nerds. You don't need your life to revolve around one thing to have a feature for it. Just accept the fact that your memephones are cost cutting.
>>
>>71854853
So, how many "totally waterproof phones man" have you destroyed then?
>>
>>71854853
Nice shitpost. Why would anyone need to bring their phones underwater lol, you'd use a proper waterproof camera for that.
>>
>>71854872
None, just because I want waterproofing doesn't mean I'll actually leave it for hours under the water. My S8 is still alive and just to clarify, I don't have anything against phones that aren't IP certified but to say a feature that is commonly found in other phones isn't important just because of your personal circumstance.. is retarded.

>>71854938
>hurr durr just bring another gadget
>hurr shit batter life? just bring a powerbank
>hurr no headphone port? just bring adongle
This is you.
>>
>2 year old $200 Huawei Mate SE is IP 67 certified

>Almost all current $500 mid-tier options have zero water resistance

Why is this the world we live in?
>>
Thanks to whomever recommended me the redmi note 4 I really like it. Will probably upgrade it to another Xiaomi in a few years. Hope some better themes come out by then
>>
>>71839908
That's like every Samsung/Lenovo/LG cheap phone problem.
>>
>>71855189
>Why is this the world we live in?
I don't know, but clearly not in the world of scuba divers. I mean, of all things to exclude and complain about - water resistance is fine, because it isn't exactly trivial to implement.
>>
>someone showed me a phone with a 32 bit os on 64 bit hardware
>locked bootloader
When will it be legal to choke people to death?
>>
What phone should I get for my father?
It should have bottom buttons (preferably physical), good battery and non shit screen (he browses internet on it)
Was thinking of some xiaomi model, but not sure which one
$200-300 would be enough, right? EU, btw
>>
>>71855390

lenovo zuk z2 pro was good. But I don't know if they still sell it.
>>
Should I enable that auto restart thing on a samsung phone, maybe once a week?

I rarely ever restart phones unless I notice some weird shit going on. Noticed this was a feature and was disabled by default.
>>
File: 1563002996316.png (34 KB, 900x762)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
:)
>>
>>71855390
Samsung S8 Active. Rugged like the manly man that is your father.
>>
NEW TEASE BOIS
https://twitter.com/Xiaomi/status/1149952942134431745?s=19
>>
File: camera2probe.jpg (180 KB, 1038x2249)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>71850311
Late response but I think that has limited functionality. I wouldn't grab it based on whether the camera would get better or any further custom ROM development, but rather check what works right now. Basically if you're not happy with the stock experience of current samsung phones (android pie with one ui) I would say either wait or grab something else. It's ok in specs but exynos seems to be a pain to develop for.
>>
>>71855049
No phone ever made can work underwater unless it's a specially made rugged one, don't be an aspie, it's water we're talking about.
>>
>>71855325
There's water resistance and there's that anon whining about phones not working underwater, what a shit troll.
>>
>>71855504
>rich girls, wine aunts and college sheep who don't know better blindly buy overpriced junk
>haha iPhones are for the elite!
this meme is dead in 2019, just like Applel.
>>
>>71855763
>b-but it's water
>>
>>71855520
>>71855478
Thanks, anons, will look into these.
>>
>>71855546
>https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a3_specs_renders_surface-news-38114.php
indeed.
>>
Question for OP7P owners, how does the front camera work if you're recording a video from the rear camera and then switch to the front? Is there a delay or does the front camera stay popped up? For example I sometimes dick around while recording something and then quickly switch to front cam for my reaction/dumb face or whatever. Also almond or nebula blue
>>
File: 1467328598469.jpg (105 KB, 790x700)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Android tablet
Budget 150$$
Arigato
>>
>>71856012
Get a Samsung Galaxy Tab A
>>
>>71855504
>hardware not dependent on single company and can be manufactured by multiple companies with different configurations to appeal to majority of people phones will have more poor users than a fashion brand phone
Who could have thought...
Not sure how in other EU countries, but where I live wagies use iPhones.
>>
>>71855990
I'm only posting the official stuff because yesterday was a shitshow of """"""leaks"""""" coming from thristy pajeets on Twitter and YouTube
I hope Xiaomi announces it today, because dear lord what a roller coaster of cpus, displays...
>>
>>71837252
>shitty 400 lux IPS screen
why would you want it
>>
>>71856043
Oh thanks
its still yet to drop in my country any other options?
>>
>>71856100
>I'm only posting the official stuff because yesterday was a shitshow of """"""leaks"""""" coming from thristy pajeets on Twitter and YouTube
>I hope Xiaomi announces it today, because dear lord what a roller coaster of cpus, displays...
What are they waiting for? I don't understand.
>>
>>71856176
mi pad 4
>>
>>71856196
Fuck
Not available where i live too
>>
>>71856215
import it then?
>>
>>71855990
>the source says that the Mi A3 will be powered by the Snapdragon 665 SoC which contradicts previous reports of the phone having Snapdragon 730
dead on arrival if true
>>
>>71856238
To much hassle
Anything from Huawei ?
>>
>>71856009
you're definitely not going to be able to make faggy videos like that, anon.
>>
>>71856184
All they want is clicks to their shit channels and follows
>>
>>71856244
>dead on arrival if true
How so? What more can you possibly need? Even that is enough for gaming if you're by any chance playing anything on your phone.
>>
>>71856364
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-665-mobile-platform
>>
>>71856364
It's a refresh of the old ass 660. Sure it still works fine but if you're paying more than 200€ or so for it you're getting ripped off.
>>
Yikes
>>
>>71856364
i would love to have a SD710 for light gaming from time to time with the sAMOLED display. why downgrade the CPU? to save like 10 bucks? nah i want the more powerful version.
>>
>>71856432
is there any hope they 'leaked' it themselves but the LITE variant on purpose?
>>
>>71856415
>if you're paying more than 150€ or so for it you're getting ripped off.
ftfy
>>
Is the 3000mah battery on the Mi 8 pro as bad as it sounds?
>>
Why don't you buy the regular OnePlus 7 instead of chimping out for the Mi a3 which is vaporware and won't be as good anyway? Are you too poor for $500?
>>
>>71854043
The Mi 9T has the FCC ID 2AFZZ-XMSF10G. As for the model number, the Mi 9T is M1903F10G, the K20 is M1903F10A/T/C and the K20 Pro is M1903F11A/T/C. This one has the Model number M1903F11G, so it's very likely the Mi 9T Pro. Xiaomi getting it certified by FCC means they're planning to launch it in western/global markets (ie. outside China and India)
>>
>>71856415
>>71856456
>It's a refresh of the old ass 660
Yeah, it's just that it supports 48 MP sensors, Vulkan and has a better GPU among other things. I mean, I want a phone for free as well, but come on. It's Xiaomi we're talking about. If they're the ones ripping people off - I don't know who isn't.
>>
>>71856437
>i would love to have a SD710 for light gaming from time to time
You can play the currently most demanding game on a Snapdragon 660 as well. And that's not a particularly good one either. What more could you possibly need?
https://youtu.be/yNprGx-2kbk
>>
>>71856432
>>71856534
>>
>>71856534
Yes, that's what a refresh is. The 660 successors are the 670 and the 675, with the 710 being another viable option. If you think getting nearly identical performance at a nearly identical price 2 years after the 660 launched is not a ripoff I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>71856562
But it's not the latest SoC! I want the latest tech!
>>
>>71856613
Again:
>I mean, I want a phone for free as well, but come on. It's Xiaomi we're talking about. If they're the ones ripping people off - I don't know who isn't.
And:
>>71856562
>You can play the currently most demanding game on a Snapdragon 660 as well. And that's not a particularly good one either. What more could you possibly need?
>https://youtu.be/yNprGx-2kbk
>>
>>71848397
>exynos

Just get the g8 m8. I just copped one myself and am liking it so far.
>>
>>71856638
You can repeat yourself all you want, it doesn't change the fact it's bad value. Fuck, you don't even have to look away from your beloved Xiaomi to realize that. The Note 7 Pro belongs to their cheapo brand according to them and it comes with a 675.
>>
>>71856722
Just buy whatever phone you want. Even an sd636 phone is fast enough for daily use. Only gaymers care about the latest tech
>>
>>71856722
>it doesn't change the fact it's bad value.
What is bad value? We don't even know the actual pricing yet.
>Fuck, you don't even have to look away from your beloved Xiaomi to realize that.
I don't care about or really love any company. But if you've found someone who offers better value for money than Xiaomi then shoot. I don't think it's possible at this point, but let's hear it.
>>
>>71856761
>What is bad value? We don't even know the actual pricing yet.
We know the Mi A2 launched at 250€ and the Mi A3 will presumably be around that.
>I don't care about or really love any company. But if you've found someone who offers better value for money than Xiaomi then shoot. I don't think it's possible at this point, but let's hear it.
I don't think all Xiaomi phones are bad value, the opposite really, I think the CC9e/Mi A3 in particular is. The Note 7 goes for a hundred euros less and will give you identical performance. The ancient Pocophone will run circles around it if you're willing the give up the AMOLED screen. If we're talking phones not released in the west the Note 7 Pro, the Realme 3 Pro and X, and even the "normal" CC9 are a much better deal. The CC9e/Mi A3 makes sense if you care about the camera and nothing else.
>>
>>71856931
>The CC9e/Mi A3 makes sense if you care about the camera and nothing else.
No, it makes sense because of the AMOLED display, a micro SD card slot, a headphone jack and a 4000 mAh battery - all of which the Mi A2 didn't have.
>>
>>71856931
>Pocophone
>ancient
What? It's barely a year old.
>>
>https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a3_specs_design_retail_box-news-38116.php
>SD 665
yikes.
>>
setting up mi 9t now, pretty exited ngl
>>
File: 1518070561663.jpg (93 KB, 416x700)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>71837194
>Mi A3 and A3 Lite may get downgraded chipsets
ftfy
>>
Is the A3 likely to not cost much more than A2 Lite?
I'm willing to drop on it if it's £90~ more max.
>>
>>71856170
it's 600 fag
>>
>>71857420
no info on price right now, only specs and looks are leaked.
>>
>Mi CC9e = A3
>Mi CC9 = ??
will they pull a A3 pro with a better hardware and higher price or just release another phone
>>
File: zenshit.png (7 KB, 675x121)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>71857434
retard
>>
>>71855504
This is backwards. Everyone I know who has an iphone got it to overcompensate for their shitty life and jump through 99 hoops to not look poor.
>>
>>71857748
>Everyone I know who has an iphone got it to overcompensate for their shitty life and jump through 99 hoops to not look poor.
why would you be friends with gingers
>>
>only a 665
Dammit, I may would have recommended it over the Mi 9 SE I told my friend about earlier. Android one would have been a nice touch.
>>
File: allie.jpg (6 KB, 194x259)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Mi a3 or waiit for poco f2?
>>
>>71857297
>>71857791
You're still sperging out about this?
>>
>>71857814
Just woke up and heard the news.
>>
>>71857825
>Just woke up and heard the news.
Ok? And? So? If you scroll up, I've already linked one retard a video with the 660 running Fortnite. So, again I ask, what more could you possibly need?
>>
>>71857858
Did you also love the 625 being in everything for two years straight?
>>
>>71857984
Just fuck off with this bullshit.
The SoC one generation older than it can run the currently most demanding mobile game. Done. The 625 was nowhere near that at any point.
>>
The A3 looks like a fucking chink brick with all that glossy shit and thickness
Black mate cover, I guess
I could go with the white one, though
>>
Just announce A3 pricing already. If it's more than £20 than the Note 7 on sale (£150) I cba.
>>
File: 1379999658254.gif (1.98 MB, 369x206)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB GIF
>>71857788
>associate = friend
lol?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.