[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: gsmarena_v003.webm (2.05 MB, 728x408)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB WEBM
Asus Zenfone 6: Flip Camera Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
https://kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
https://www.frequencycheck.com
http://willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
https://pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread >>70972649
>>
>>70980366
>fingerprint on the back
they blew it
>>
>>70980366
That looks fragile
>>
guyz Zenfone 6 or OP7 pro?
>>
>Snapdragon 855
>6.4” IPS LCD
>Rotating 48MP + 13MP Wide-angle camera
>up to 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage
>5000mAh battery
>HEADPHONE JACK AND EXPANDABLE STORAGE
>Cheaper than OP7 or OP7 Pro
Did Asus just win?
>>
>>70980429
s10
>>
>>70980443
Are the last three points the only things it has over the Pro? There doesn't seem to be a telephoto lens and looks like it's stuck with UFS 3.0
>>
>>70980443
Does it have a 90hz display?
>>
>>70980505
no
>>
what's all the fuss about ufs? Galaxy flagships have older version yet s10+ is faster than OnePlus 7, which has ufs 3
>>
How does the warranty work if I buy from eglobalcentral? I really want an S10e HK version
>>
>>70980515
Then I won't get it lol
I really don't see how hard it is to get a higher refresh screen on a phone, like god damn. OP7P will have my sale until I see more of that
>>
>>70980517
Faster storage? I'm going to need the sauce with that, bro
>>
Couldn't just make an edge to edge QHD OLED version for a few hundred more? or like add an optical zoom lens? it is soo close to being my perfect phone.
>>
>mfw Zenfone 6 would've been perfect if it had band 13
Fuck Verizon, I want out of this bullshit
>>
>>70980443
It's more expensive than the Mi9, so no, but looks promising as an alternative. Definitely glad to see the jack, SD slot and opting for the wide-angle instead of the telephoto lens (a mistake many chinkphones made last year). Shame it isn't OLED, it would absolutely obliterate the competition, but even like this, you're looking at 12-14 hours SoT so it should be exceptional in that regard. What's the state of the wireless charging and QC, does it support those?
>>
>>70980565
>Then I won't get it lol
of course you wouldn't shill.
>>
>>70980568
Faster in general. What is the benefit of faster storage if it doesn't affect general performance. How would I see difference in normal use?
>>
>>70980443

>IPS
>€499

You done goofed
>>
>>70980489
Basically.
It is headphone jack, battey, expandable storage cool camera thingy.
V.S. OLED, telephoto lens, for $300. Personally I also prefer a rear mounted capacitive fingerprint scanner. But that is just me.
>>
>>70980586
No way we would shill, bro. Only opinions from me, you feel?
>>
https://youtu.be/eMhnbJ5q8aw
imagine buying a phone with a bezel or a hole
imagine some shitty fragile folding camera mechanism
>>
I think 2020 will be the year that Android phones completely dominate the market. So many advancements are now coming into the smartphone world and its ALL on Android devices. Apple was banking on India and lost that battle. And now with a decline in iphone sales in the US, they are in deep shit. They have peaked and now its all down hill unless they come up with some really innovative technology.
>>
>>70980557
afaik you gotta ship it back to them for warranty replacements or repair
>>
So none of these All screen phones have LED indicators do they? this seems like a really large omission nobody seems to notice or care about.
>>
>>70980623
Imagine having the shittiest battery life among all flagmans
Imagine having not water resistance and optical fingerprint sensor like cheap samshit
>>
File: 567567668768970.png (117 KB, 279x504)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
Soon.
>>
>>70980601
Load times, storage transfers, everyday usage. UFS 3.0 is nearly twice as fast, bro; you wouldn't buy an eMMC smartphone if you were offered UFS, would you, anon?
>>
>>70980667
>12GB RAM
This is fucking retarded. You're not going to be running Windows 10 VMs on it.
>>
>>70980678
Why not?
>>
>>70980655
The Pro has this weird edge notification thing
>>
>>70980656
has water resistance
and under screen fingerprint scanner is faster than samshit's retard lmao
>>
>>70980678
>normal price $699
>12 GB price $749
An extra $50 for for an additional 4GB of ram seems reasonable, no?
>>
>>70980656
OnePlus gives you options, bro. Want smooth as fuck? You can turn both 90Hz and QHD+ down. You can't remove a physical cutout, can you, anon?
>>
>>70980682
Because even if you manage to connect all the required peripherals, the CPU isn't really strong enough.

>>70980702
Even 8GB is ridiculous.
>>
>>70980671
>everyday usage
I just asked you how i will see difference in everyday usage and you answer with "you will see difference in everyday usage"...
>load time
Of what? In all app loading tests galaxy wins
>storage transfers
Will it not be limited by other device/connection? Do you often transfer huge files?
>>
>>70980635
I think Apple is heavily shifting their focus to software business, mainly online services, at least that's what can be read from their recent acquisitions. At this point they can no longer make those exclusive to their hardware, but they could tailor their devices to have some extra features that tie better into them, selling iPhones in the process. But they definitely need to step back for a while and build up a new audience.
>>
>>70980726
Not to mention the lack of software.
Is there even one Android VM host that works on ARM or whatever phones use?
>>
>>70980697
>under screen fingerprint scanner is faster than samshit's retard lmao
cause it's unreliable as fuck and needs light, so turns the screen before unlocking. Outdated shit. Samsung at least introduces a new technology + unlocking speed has increased with updates.
>>
>>70980734
The fact is, it's still using significantly faster storage, no? What's the point of staying behind with UFS 2.1 when a significantly faster and newer storage is in place?
>>
>>70980734
>In all app loading tests galaxy wins
I'll also need the sauce for that, bro
>>
>>70980443
Ya but Asus is a shit brand.

>>70980552
Really? I plan on paying off the phone day 1, does that mean it would immediately be unlocked?
>>
>>70980781
I am not arguing with it having a faster storage. You listed it among short list of key factors, so I asked you how it benefits normal use. And you gave no examples. Imo sequential read and write is not that important for a phone. The fact that galaxies outperform 7 pro in app opening speed and benchmarks proves that
>>
Woah, hold on there, brahs. Before we settle this debate, how is Asus' software and update policy?
>>
>>70980814
What benchmark?
>>
>>70980586
It's not a shill. I want a smooth display above 60hz because 60hz is fucking trash.

You can make cheap gook knockoffs for cheaper but if you aren't going to give me a better display, you know, the thing you're going to be fucking look at the entire lifetime of the phone, then why should I bother?
>>
>>70980815
Asus has always made shit phones, just because they copy hardware doesn't change much. Xiaomi's has a better chance of competing.
>>
>>70980796
>I plan on paying off the phone day 1, does that mean it would immediately be unlocked?
we'll need to wait and see.
https://www.androidauthority.com/t-mobile-oneplus-6t-bootloader-unlock-922051/
>>
File: 1543698319515.png (29 KB, 657x527)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>70980869
Ahhh guess i'll just buy from oneplus and not risk it. Shipping can't take that long, right?
>>
>>70980872
Pixel 2
>>
>>70980872
live in the woods and invest until you can afford a OP7 Pro, the smartphone perfected
>>
>>70980685
does anyone have video of this?
Functionally it is probably good enough for me, but it is probably ugly and battery draining.
>>
Does Samsung still do weird shit if you root? like downgrade the camera app or whatever? likewise does OP? do anything? I assume no, but its hard to tell because all I know about their devices comes from shills.
>>
Should I get a mi 9 or wait for the K20?
>>
>>70980938
>Does Samsung still do weird shit if you root?
yes, warranty gets voided, Knox apps, S-health, Samsung Pay stop working, camera doesn't work properly on custom ROMs

>likewise does OP? do anything?
no, you even get to keep your warranty
>>
>>70980814
>so I asked you how it benefits normal use.
Not the guy you asked, but I'll answer since he either left of doesn't want to.
Faster storage is noticeable when handling large files. For UI navigation and small, everyday things with UFS 2.1 everything loads practically instantly anyway, so the difference in speed and smoothness between phones comes down to other hardware components and software.
Now going back to scenarios where UFS 3.0 would make a difference, handling large files and I can only see three situations where that is needed. First is video handling, faster storage allows for recording 4k and 8k in higher bitrates and at the same time, opens such videos/movies faster. The second are games, everything should load faster from the app itself to the content. The third situation is image and video editing, going back to importing and exporting large files. However most people won't use a phone for actual work of that kind and those that do will go for Galaxy notes, because of the stylus functionality.
As you can see, only in the first case it can make a significant difference, but it has to be supported by the rest of the hardware as well.
>>
>>70980981
>yes, warranty gets voided
not really, only if they know.
> camera doesn't work properly on custom ROMs
but still works fine on stock rom with root? I remember reading somewhere that the camera fucked up a bit on the S8. But that may have been the Z5? all the phones I have used are a blur. Might have been samsung pay is why I didnt do it on the s8, and camera on the Sony.
>no, you even get to keep your warranty
So I can buy an OP7 Pro, root it, and have literally 0 performance hit, feature loss, camera gimp, etc?
>>
>>70980754

>+ unlocking speed has increased with updates

it's still slow as shit with their gay ass puddle animation, atleast you can turn that shit off on the op7
>>
File: reminder.jpg (7 KB, 285x177)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Reminder that if you're okay with:

>less that 5000mAh battery
>front cameras
>notch/holepunch
>non-removable battery
>no headphone jack
>curved screen
>rounded corners
>no wireless charging
>back fingerprint reader
>no sd card slot
>apple

You should immediately and unironically end it all.
>>
>>70980726

>Because even if you manage to connect all the required peripherals, the CPU isn't really strong enough.

https://twitter.com/NTAuthority/status/1115339802503786496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1115339802503786496&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.xda-developers.com%2Fwindows-10-arm-oneplus-6t%2F

ahem
>>
>>70981024
>not really, only if they know.
they will know, there's a hardware e-fuse that gets triggered when you unlock the bootloader. There's no way to reset it after it's been triggered.
https://support.samsungknox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013562087-What-is-a-Knox-Warranty-Bit-and-how-is-it-triggered-
>>
>>70981067
neat. I still don't care, but that is pretty jewish of them.
>>
>>70980623
no expandable storage
shitty battery - worst among flagships
no wireless charging in 2k19
no water resistance
no 3.5 jack
90hz literally useless
shittiest cameras among all flagships
shittiest face unlock
shitty optical fingerprint scanner
despite everybody jerking off at its screen, galaxies still have better screens
no always-on display - such a disappointment in this year

So, why is it shilled so much? The only things it has over s10+ is 90hz screen and some autists' inability to live with a camera hole.
>>
>>70981085
We've moved on from the Asus to the Samsung now?
>>
>>70981085
You forgot to add: Gorilla glass 5 when OP6T came with 6
>>
File: 2814eren3.png (275 KB, 290x449)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
Ok, second try
>budget:100 dollars
>country: Colombia
>carrier: tigo

I Just need someting with good batery life and comunity support
>>
>>70981037
>less that 5000mAh battery
Well, at least 4000 mAh is fine, I'm not sure where you'll find 5000 in abundance.
>front cameras
Not much you can do, there are no abundance of slider phones or phones with motorized cameras.
>rounded corners
Can be tweaked with software. Not sure if you can get the edges completely straight, but you can make the curvature minimal.
>no wireless charging
Oh yeah, this unfinished piece of gimmick again... Why? Do you just need your batteries to degrade faster, not charge as fast as with wired charging and having that retarded pad?
>back fingerprint reader
What's the problem? It's faster than in display fingerprint scanners and if something was to happen to those, you would most likely have to change the whole screen.
>>
>>70981130
What's the point of comparing it to asus? Asus is not out yet and will probably be shit, since it is asus.
>>70981141
thank you

Why are autists here so fascinated with chinkphones and why do they hate samshits so much?
>>
>>70981202
>What's the problem?
inability to unlock the phone while it's on the table is the problem. Fingerprints on the back is a shitty design
>>
>>70981024
>but still works fine on stock rom with root? I remember reading somewhere that the camera fucked up a bit on the S8. But that may have been the Z5?
Yeah, that's Sony phones you're thinking of. I'm not sure if the same happens on Samsung phones on the stock ROM, I don't think so.

>So I can buy an OP7 Pro, root it, and have literally 0 performance hit, feature loss, camera gimp, etc?
yes, that's right.
>>
>>70981220
neat. Thanks.
>>
>>70981085
>expandable storage
you have >128 GB of shit? hoarder
>wireless charging
zoomer retard detected. 50% battery in 25 min > meme wireless charging [pad plugged into wall]
>water resistance
I'll give you that, but other phones still do not offer warranties for water damage so in practice there's no difference between "claiming water resistance" and "IP certification"
>shittiest camera
google camera will improve, also literally gud enough
>shitty face unlock
what autist uses face unlock when there's a fingerprint scanner wtf
>galaxies still have better screens
how's that permanent hole punch/pill Kim Wu?
>>
>>70981199
buy $100 of Cocaine, smuggle it to Miami, and then sell it to afford a better phone.
>>
>>70981085
also
>shit battery
just toggle off the 90 Hz? can you toggle off your hole punch/pill?
>>
>oneplus shills irrevocably NECK THEMSELVES
https://www.gsmarena.com/redmi_k20_antutu_score_revealed_dusts_off_competition_by_a_lot-news-37062.php

>Redmi’s upcoming “flagship killer” K20 was officially confirmed by the brand’s General Manager Lu Weibing. Its main feature will be the Snapdragon 855 chipset which will be a first for a Redmi device. Today Weibing went on to give out more details and posted a screenshot of the device’s AnTuTu score with the phone living up to its “Demon King” nickname scoring 458,754 points.
>The current high score on the benchmark is held by the Xiaomi Mi 9 with its 371,423 mark. Seeing such a disparity between the two phones means that the K20 could probably come with the new UFS 3.0 storage and superior cooling technology.

ONEPLUS OFFICIALLY BLOWN ENTIRELY THE FUCK OUT FOREVER AND ALWAYS.
>>
>>70981085
The phone isnt released yet so pushing it hard before non shill reviews are out should maximize it's day one purchases. Short window of relevance. Sales go down after first week. People are dumb and buy on release.

>>70981141
>>70981209
Gorilla glass 5/6 is marketing placebo. There are no comparison tests that show any real difference.

REMEMBER NO PRE-ORDERS (wait for non shill reviews)
>>
>>70981209
>why do they hate samshits so much?
Rooting for the underdog.
>>
>>70981251
Glad you agree that oneplus lacks shittone of features that even none flagships have today.
>>
>>70981251
Does this shill understand how stupid he sounds everytime he posts this?
>>
>>70981326
>REMEMBER NO PRE-ORDERS (wait for non shill reviews)
But I really need a new fucking phone and can not wait that god damn long for this thing.
>>
>>70981251
>50% battery in 25 min > meme wireless charging [pad plugged into wall]
Why not have both? Why do you hate having options with a burning passion?
>>
>>70981294
Isn't the chairman of Antutu also the founder of Xiaomi? I think I'll wait, desu
>>
So what is up with every reviewer saying the Oneplus 7 pro Camera sucks complete shit, but DXO saying it is god tier? they said they had a not yet released update. But does anyone else have it yet?
>>
>>70981329
>Rooting for the underdog.
literally rooting for human hating insects that treat their own countrymen like a resource and dream of creating total surveillance system with goodboy points to get rid of any wrongthink
>>
>>70981375
DXO are paid shills. Literally 0 non-paid shills have said anything positive about the Oneshit 7 Pro
>>
>>70981375
>But does anyone else have it yet?
Not yet
>Please note: The camera firmware used for the DxOMark tests is not yet currently available to consumers. OnePlus will make it available as an over-the-air update before the end of the month.
>>
>>70981369
>both
which phone charges that fast (or wirelessly)?
>>
>>70981375
Gee, I don't know... If everyone says it's shit and one commercial organization that influences consumer decision claims otherwise, who should we trust???
>>
File: 1553962214644.jpg (20 KB, 1199x73)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>70981375
>>
>>70981406
There are probably paid shills in these threads. But I do not think DXOmark is paid shills.
>>70981427
the camera experts?
>>70981413
well, the phone wasn't out. I was wondering if any other independent org/person had access to it. Like a reviewer got it and tried it. Just want to verify DXOs findings with a secondary source. And figuire out why a single patch creates so much discrepancy.
>>
>>70981396
Hey, if they make nice phones, I'll take it bro. No need to agree with their ideal. I see no reason to take an S10e over the 7 Pro, at least where I live
>>
>>70981462
I am aware of that anon. Did you not read my post before you replied to it?
>>
>>70981469
>But I do not think DXOmark is paid shills.
they're objectively paid shills dumbass.
>>
>>70981486
>stablished in 2008, DxOMark is an independent benchmark that scientifically assesses image quality of smartphones, lenses and cameras.

The result of a rigorous scientific protocol using industry-grade lab tools, the DxOMark score sums up our assessment of a devices’ photo and video quality. The higher the score, the better the image quality.
Objectively paid shills would imply OPO pays them to pretend to be random people and lie about their cameras as part of a scam or grift.
>>
>>70980608
this
>>
>>70981294
>>70981374
Eh, mobile benchmarks are flawed by design, but apparently the K20 or whatever they're actually naming it doesn't exclude a micro SD card slot, 3.5mm headphone jack and an IR blaster. We'll see tomorrow.
>>
>>70980702
>An extra $50 for for an additional 4GB of ram seems reasonable, no?
until you realize you will never use that extra 4GB ram
>>
>>70981505
>they said so that means it's true
>>
>>70981553
>>70981553
>until you realize you will never use that extra 4GB ram
Bruh, mind telling me a future lottery numbers as well?
>>
>>70981481

sry lad
>>
>>70981561
tinfoil post somewhere else.
>>>/x/
>>
>>70981570
>Bruh, mind telling me a future lottery numbers as well?
When you tell me what are you going to use 12 gigs of ram, bonus points if it's something that's in 2-3 years time max (because that's when you will have to throw the phone into the garbage bin)
>>
>>70980443
Shit software and no 90hz
>>
>>70981596
For that siiick multitasking, y'know? No way I want those reloads, and looks like OnePlus'll have the first phone for that kinda shit. I feel like I'm gonna dig that 12GB of multitasking
>>
>>70981085
How do people use up 256gb on their phones though?

Like I have 0 idea how, what do you have to do to use that much data?
>>
File: 1552766363159.png (80 KB, 400x407)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
post a mid range phone that has wireless charging.
you can't.
pic unrelated
>>
>>70981199
suck some dicks and get some more money
>>
>>70981653
Are you going to run 10 games in the background or what?
>>
>>70981676
Music and photos
>>
>>70981806
Or 100 tabs behind the background? You know me all too well, dude
>>
>>70981676
flac
But you won't understand since your shit doesn't even have 3.5 jack
>>
>>70981676
high fps video rec
>>
>>70981419
P30 series charge 40W over the wire and 15W wireless, Mi9 charges 27W over the wire and 20W wireless.
>>
>>70980366
NOW THE BACK OF THE PHONE HAS A NOTCH
FUCK
>>
>>70981920
It's a pop-up notch, the best of both worlds.
>>
File: showtime.jpg (146 KB, 800x450)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Honest opinions on Zenfone 6 or you fucking stub your toe tonight.
GO!
>>
>>70981973
I'm not sure. I don't care about Asus in general, desu
>>
>>70981676
music, photos, VR porn.
>>
>>70981973
perfect phone, except the screen, and lack of zoom lens falls flat. They made cuts where I would perfectly happily pay for these features.
>>
>>70981973
if they finally release the device tree ON TIME, and developers actually show interest in this device, which they never do, then it has a ton of potential, especially now since unlocking the bootloader only requires their official app now
>>
>>70981814
>>70981830
It still has a dongle to use for headphones, but music is fair but I just stream my shit at this point and even with downloads from Spotify I only hit like 20 gigs on top of my apps and photos. How much do you guys have?

>>70981893
I suppose but I'm a faggot and rarely use my camera outside of snapchat
>>
>>70981901
P30 has an ugly ass notch and doesn't werk in USA, land of the free
same for Mi 9
btfo
>>
>>70982092
what do you mean they don't work? the charging or the bands? because literally both the charging and the wireless GSM bands work in the US for both phones you mongoloid
>>
>>70982092
You asked for examples based on the charging speed and now that you got them, you're adding new criteria to move the goalpost. That indeed is getting btfo and then being asshurt about it.
>>
Soon...
>>
Is the OP7P with 8gb RAM enough or would there actually be a noticeable different with 12gb?

I feel like 12gb is a huge meme.
>>
>>70982177
>I feel like 12gb is a huge meme.
it is
>>
File: 1445733644950.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
How the fuck is a case gonna work on the Zenfone 6?
>>
File: xiaomi_mi_9_case-1.jpg (67 KB, 736x736)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>70982175
Fuck, that case looks cute, meanwhile the Mi9 officially has this... thing
>>
>>70982175
The K20?
>>
>>70982158
i thought it was common sense
what retard would consider a phone with a hole in the screen in 2k19?
>>
What phone has the best portrait camera for ~300?
>>
>>70982199
like this
>>
>>70982184
So t here will be 0 noticeable differences right?
>>
>>70982220
What poorfag would consider a phone without wireless charging in 2k19?
>>
>>70982204

I hope it comes with the phone, but that mi 9 one is just the worst.

>>70982211

Yes. Hopefully it will be announced soon and that we don’t need to wait long to import.
>>
>>70981676
I put a bunch of movies and tv shows on my phone since I just sit in a office with hardly anything to do.
Video recording as well since I mess around with video editing for fun and to actually have some home family videos since we never had a camera of sorts growing up to capture family moments and that kinda shit.
>>
>>70982221
Pixel 3a
>>
>>70981719
>wireless charging
I honestly don't understand the appeal of it. It's slower than cable and fucks with your battery over time.
Are people that lazy they can't unplug a cable?
>>
>>70981649
The software is good now, though.
>>
>>70982244
Don't most phones not come with a wireless charging pad? How are you going to wirelessly charge a phone without a wireless charger?
>>
>>70982244
>i prefer a hole in my screen every second I'm looking at it
>rather than plugging my phone into the wall, I can instead plug my charger into the wall then putting my phone on top of it
try harder
>>
>>70982247
Yea, I've been waiting for it. That's why I didn't buy Poco.
>>
Should I use EdXposed and xprivacylua?

If not what should I use?
>>
>get a xiaomeme
>after 6 months the battery only last 1 hour of on screen
>warranty don't cover battery
>can't open it to reeplace it because is glued and all glass

this was the last time I listen to /g/
>>
>>70982273
You buy one, cutting-edge technology is not for the poor.
>>70982284
But it can do ~both, that is the premium aspect of it, no compromises.
>>
>>70982336
Isn't that the equivalent of Apple charging you separate for fast charging?
>>
>>70982333
>can't open it to reeplace it because is glued and all glass
get a heat gun
>>
File: 1483462703988.jpg (139 KB, 694x461)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Holy shit this Zenfone has me diamonds
>Not mainland chinkshit commie party controlled
>5000mAh + SD855 for infinity battery
>8GB for once on a US model
>Back fingerprint scanner where it fucking belongs
>3 MOTHERFUCKING FUNCTION REMAPPABLE SMART KEY
>$550 USD
>Bootloader unlocked out the gate

Fuck Oppo, xiaomeme, and all other chink mainland brands. Asus is GOAT now.
>>
>>
> I can instead plug my charger into the wall then putting my phone on top of it
I just keep the charger plugged in. Once I have it I can not go back. the charging pad sits elegantly in one spot, I manage the cable. I have one that is a phone stand and I just put my phone in my stand when I get home and it charges. Dont need to get like some thing to hold the loose cable when I am not charging, and dont have an ugly cord sticking out. Dont have to kill the USB C port or worry about other peoples phones having different standards either.
>>
File: 1542572739583.jpg (41 KB, 511x671)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
daily reminder:

NO 3.5 JACK - NO BUY!
NO SD CARD SUPPORT - NO BUY!
GLASS BACK - NO BUY!
NOTCH/HOLE - NO BUY!
MORE THAN 1080p - NO BUY!
CURVED SCREEN - NO BUY!
POP UP CAMERA - NO BUY!
NOT GOOD ENOUGH CAMERA - NO BUY!
IN-SCREEN FINGERPRINT SCANNER - NO BUY!
>>
>>70982393
yeap. unfortuantley the screen is complete shit and the camera array is not that impressive. Would pay $200-$300 more for a curved OLED and a telephoto lens.
>>
>>70982333
Bullshit
>>
>>70982393
if i'm paying more than $300 for a phone it better sure as fuck have OLED.
>>
>>70981973
Hope more manufactures will realize people still want 3.5 and microsd.
>>
>>70982333
Which one was it?
>>
>>70982401
>MORE THAN 1080p - NO BUY!
but wouldn't you want this?
>>
any chance of asus releasing zenfone 6z/6 pro?
>>
>>70980403
At least it's not an under display one
>>
>>70982694
Why, what's wrong with those?
>>
>>70980443
>Did Asus just win?
Yes, but their software is still a buggy mess unfortunately.

t. owner of Asus phone.
>>
>>70982703
They're slower, less accurate and less secure than traditional fingerprint readers
>>
>>70982719
>slower
No. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxRRguiMZdE

>less accurate and less secure
Source?
>>
>>70981506
IPS is better but virtually any standard except visuals
>>
>>70982752
Why does he wake the screen before unlocking it?
>>
>>70982752
>No
>have to turn on display first to unlock it
Just face it, it's slower

>Source?
Literally every review says the same thing, the under display fp reader is slower to register the fingerprint and unlock, and doesn't work reliably every single time ie. less accurate. It's also less secure because it can be fooled by a print of the fingerprint:
https://www.biometricupdate.com/201904/hack-of-samsung-galaxy-s10-ultrasonic-fingerprint-sensor-suggests-no-liveness-detection
>The ultrasonic biometric fingerprint scanner on a Samsung Galaxy S10 has been hacked with a 3D-printed copy of the phone owner’s thumbprint taken from a photograph of a latent print on a wine glass
>>
>>70982815
Because the screen needs to be on for it to work, I suppose.

>>70982838
Weren't traditional scanners fooled that way as well? I remember reading about it for iPhones.
>>
>>70982463
It seems as though you were right. He didn't bother answering for an hour.
>>
>>70982853
>Weren't traditional scanners fooled that way as well? I remember reading about it for iPhones.
Yes, iPhone 5S from 2013, but a trick like that wouldn't fool any modern fingerprint reader.
>>
>>70982895
Give him some time, anon. His battery may have deteriorated even more
>>
>>70982815
>>70982838
>>70982853
I can't unlock my phone with the "old" scanner unless the screen is on/woke, either.
I can also press the button that holds the scanner, but that's just another way to wake up the phone and I usually don't do that.
>>
>>70980443
no one outside of pajeets and the retards here will buy a phone that isn't googlel or samsung in the year of our lord 2019 AD purely because of the brand
>>
>>70982853
>Because the screen needs to be on for it to work, I suppose.
That's not how it works on my phone. When off, if it detects a touch above the reader area, it will automatically wake that part off the screen to illuminate it. When done that way, the same way you'd use a classic scanner, it is slightly slower, just like this anon >>70982838 says.
>>
What's the difference between FHD+ and HD+ on Moto G7 vs Moto G7 Power?
>>
File: wtfff.jpg (38 KB, 607x840)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Wait, did I miss that they released a regular version too along the Pro?

How good is it looking?
>>
>>70982955
they released a regular version, but not in america.
>>
>>70982952
HD+ is some tall aspect ration variant of 720p, FHD+ is the same but for 1080p.
>>
File: 1396280938259.png (554 KB, 588x838)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>70982964
>aspect ration
the fuck did I just write here?
>>
>>70982955
>notch
>2019
>>
File: sandwhich.jpg (179 KB, 1280x720)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
So my budget was ~$250, and I was directed last thread to the moto z3.
Found it for $250 here
I don't understand what the catch is, it's $350 everywhere else, but best buy has it for $250?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-z3-play-with-64gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-with-battery-moto-mod-deep-indigo/6246960.p?skuId=6246960
Everywhere else is like $350. Am I being memed? Is it refurbished?

Alternative question: I was having issues finding budget phones in that price range that weren't chinese, if I bumped up my price to $400, what would be some good options? I know the google pixel 3a just happened, and that DOES seem interesting as it has a headphone jack, but are there other options around that price point?
>>
File: bug spray.gif (3.77 MB, 483x556)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB GIF
CHINK-SHILLS GO HOME
>>
>>70980443
ANUS is terrible phone manufacturer
stick to them when it comes to motherboard
>>
>>70983011

It's hard to avoid it these days and can easily be toggled off anyway
>>
File: Xperia-Ace.jpg (138 KB, 800x654)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Sony finally released a compact phone (5.0” 18:9, 140 x 67mm). Bad news is it's Japan exclusive.
http://www.xperiablog.net/2019/05/16/xperia-ace-announced-japan-exclusive-for-now/
>>
>>70983025
It's only $250 if you activate it on Sprint
>>
>>70983048

I'M CHINESE
SON OF A BITCH AMERICAN
AMERICAN IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A MACBOOK?
DO YOU WANT A IPHONE?
AMERICAN IS PIG DISGUSTING
TIM COOK IS A MURDERER
FUCKING U.S.A
>>
File: 1436212680644.png (614 KB, 5326x2990)
614 KB
614 KB PNG
>>70983108
Ah shit. I'm sticking with T-Mobile, so that's a no-go.
Might as well get a Pixel 3a for $50 more, at least that comes with a headphone jack.
Unless anyone else has any other recommendations for not Chinese phones around $400?
>>
>>70983088
Mediocre specs and not that compact.
>>
File: 1465902872002.jpg (66 KB, 719x960)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>70983048
Most of the posts you see on /g/ are from Chinese shell companies.
>>
>>70983145
Take a shot and get a Redmi note 7, wait 15 days for the unlock process, slap lineageOS + MicroG on it. Then you wont have chinked botnet, and a good fucking phone. Win-win. $210 for the phone, + 40 bux for a 256gb microsd. All phones are ultimately chinkphones, get over it.
>>
>>70983206

Pretty much this but the only thing that guy would probably have to worry over would be bands
>>
>below 5"
>notchless/holeless
>side fingerprint power combo
>3.5mm headphone jack
>yellow option

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? S10e is literally perfect but THE FUCKING HOLE
>>
>>70983228
I have practiced what I preach, got a note 7 in my mailbox that I'll test this out on t mobile with
>>
>>70983228

>>70983145 I'm not this guy but just had a look at the Note 7 and I'm disappointed it lacks NFC otherwise I would've gone for it...
>>
>>70983247
Redmi Note 7 isn't a good choice on T-Mobile in terms of futureproofness, no band 12 means no VoLTE support which means you won't be able to make phone calls once T-Mobile shuts down their 2G and 3G networks, currently planned to happen by 2020.
>>
>>70983206
Promising, but at the same time seems like a lot of places where I could fuck up the phone unlocking it.
>>70983228
I'm currently having issues with my OPO finding and connection to T-Mobile bands, that's why I'm currently looking for a new phone. If there's any possibility I'm going to run into the same issue on a new phone, I don't want to bother.
I've spent the last month with tech support, web tutorials, factory resets, everything short of getting someone to physically tear it appart. The whole experiance has scared me and I just want to have a phone I don't have to worry about connecting to T-Mobile signal.
>>70983247
I appreciate that.

Where would you guys recommend to pick up a note 7 anyways?
>>
>>70983235
Just wait for S11e with under display selfie camera
>>
>>70983349

Wait. What the fuck?
So it won't pick up 4G LTE and won't be able to make calls on it?
>>
Do manufacturers save money by not adding support for certain frequencies or bands?
The only thing keeping me from buying a Redmi Note 7 Pro is that the 4G bands of Canadian carriers are not fully supported by the phone..
>>
>>70982838
>The ultrasonic biometric fingerprint scanner on a Samsung Galaxy S10 has been hacked with a 3D-printed copy of the phone owner’s thumbprint taken from a photograph of a latent print on a wine glass
oh shit, secret agent Cody Banks might get access to my contacts.
seriously though, in what disney movie do you live where you would ever have to worry or even think about a scenario like that unfolding?
also I have an s10, you don't have to wake the screen up before scanning
>>
File: 1434825559990.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>70983349
Holy shit, WHEW. Dodged a major bullet, thank you friend.
So for $400 I guess I'm going to just go with a PIxel 3a, unless there's other suggestions?
>>
>>70983383
what kind of retarded question is that
why would you leave out a feature if it costs nothing
>>
Im going to change my phone in july but im so fucking confused since there is new relase every day. Which one should i get in about 2 months. Price doesn't matter.
>>
>>70983403
Asus Zenfone 6
OneChink 7 Plo
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G
Xiaomi Mi 9
Redmi K20 if it will support your bands when officially announced
>>
>>70983376
No, it will pick up 4G (at least in most places), but it doesn't support VoLTE (voice over LTE) because that requires band 12, so calls happen only through 2G or 3G. Once T-Mobile shuts down their 2G and 3G networks like they're planning to, no more phone calls.
>>
>>70983403
>price doesn't matter

samsung s10, s10e, s10+ and iphone xr :)
>>
What will be better s10e or A80?
>>
>>70983451
>paying for a hole/notch in your screen
ISHYGDDT
>>
File: 1458691001611.gif (756 KB, 500x375)
756 KB
756 KB GIF
>all the current LineageOS builds for Redmi Note 7 put my phone into bootloop.
Guess I'm waiting.
>>
>>70983474
You're flashing it wrong
>>
>>70983506
>flash TWRP
>wipe files from phone
>flash Lineage
>reboot
>boot loop
>do it again without wiping files after reinstalling Miui
>boot loop

Help me out, what am I missing exactly?
>>
>>70983456
They are the opposite sizes, s10e has a much better cpu, and higher ppi if you care about it
>>
>>70983397
A simple yes would have sufficed, sir
>>
File: 1543377050518.jpg (99 KB, 1346x960)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
I want to get the OP7P but I wanted to know if any US bros have experience with Tmobile, since I'm an impatient faggot and don't want to wait for it to ship, do you know if T-mobile's version becomes unlocked if you pay it off? I'm going to buy it all at once anyways.

I just don't want it to be T-mobile exclusive if I sell it in like 3 years.
>>
>>70982664
anything more than 1080p is an overkill meme that only makes the device more expensive
>>
File: wHOaAcN.jpg (266 KB, 1080x2336)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
Just got my OnePlus 7 Pro. Gotta say, the battery life is way better than I expected.
>>
>>70983819
What the fuck how did you get it already?
>>
>>70983235
the hole is fucking hideous I can't belive how samshit fanboys were mocking apple and nother phones for the notch and will take this shit now like nothing.
also the in-screen fingerprint scanner have only drawbacks to the normal one.
>>
what color are you getting lads?
>>
oneplus 6 users, hows your experience been?
finna maybe get one when the price hopefully drops
>>
so the whole "pixel camera" meme is only because it over saturates everything right
>>
What's the general consensus on T-Mobile here? Getting tired of the limited selection with Verizon and I'm thinking about switching
>>
>>70983977
based Purple-ish Yotsuba B
>>
>>70984076
I like T-mobile, but when I lived in the Midwest I'd have random service outages from lack of cell towers.

Just make sure its good where you live and you'll be fine.
>>
I'm glad the disgusting notch is not here to stay and 3.5mm audio jack is here to stay
>>
>>70983956
>also the in-screen fingerprint scanner have only drawbacks to the normal one.
and it seems that one of the things they had to do to make it less shitty is to increase the fucking size a bit, which the OnePlus 7 has going for it. Hope other implement that, like the futuristic gimmick of having it on your screen.
>>
>>70984072
No
>>
File: 1516798428759.jpg (159 KB, 544x841)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
What year can we expect for budget phones($200-$300) to get 7nm processors?
>>
Is there some where I can get apps besides the google play store (on android)?
>>
>>70980726
S E E T H I N G
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

Applefags on suicide watch
>>
>>70984241
'21 or '22 I'd guess. maybe earlier
>>
Best overall phone for ~$300?

I don't care for anything specific as I'm mostly browsing/messaging with it, but I'm all about cost-efficiency
>>
>>70983530
are you wiping cache and Dalvik/ART?
>>
>>70984299
Pocophone
>>
>>70984299
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
>>
>>70984299
I got a pre-owned samsung galaxy s8+ off ebay, but I've only had it for a few hours; so I can't really say if it's any good.
>>
>>70981973
If someone makes an OLED version then I'm sold.
>>
>>70980608
IPS > shit > OLED
>>
>>70980565
No one cares fag
>>
>>70984076
I've had absolutely amazing customer service with them, both in store and over the phone.
Dudes in multiple locations didn't even need me to sign or prove anything, they just did their best to fix my different problems. Even the over the phone support was awesome, especially when I didn't buy my phone through them, they still did their best to try to figure out what the issue was.
Service is okay, but might get better when the sprint/tmobile merger goes through.
>>
>>70984076
They're okay just make sure you get service in your area.
>>
How are curved edge screens? I like the OP7 Pro but those screen edges really turn me off. I never liked it on the samsung phones.
>>
>>70981649
>>70982715
They debloated the ZenUI with this update faggots, it will be similar to pure android, somewhat. Which is THE must for me coming from the nexus era and then coping with Android One. Also Zenfones lose value dramatically overtime, so it will be a fucking best buy sooner or later
>>
>>70984620
According to most reviews, it's not extreme enough to matter or be noticeable in the long run, but hey take that as you will.
>>
>>70985088
how many reviewers make "long run" judgements while only owning their unit for a week at most
>>
>>70985118
I mean if it's not annoying in a weeks time it's not suddenly going to take 3 months before you tthink 'wow this is fucking annoying'
>>
>>70980443
No ois tho
>>
>>70983819
Why is your battery saver on so early?
>>
>>70985132
>>70985088
>>70985118
reviewers were accustomed to 4 years of garbage samshit curved edges
>>
>>70982259
Port wear over time. Or damage possibly
>>
>>70981649
if you cared about 90hz that much you would have bought the asus 90hz phone from last year
>>
>>70985173
>IPS instead oled
No.
>>
>>70985173
No because Asus fucking sucks.
Like hardware is nice but consistently all these phones trying to copy the OP7P just fucking blow.

I want competition but they're making them too cheap, when they need to actually compete.
>>
>Disabled notch on new phone just bought today
>I actually like and prefer the notch more
>Notch quickly grew on me

OH NO NO NO NO NO
THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN
>>
>>70985234
begone shill
no one's gonna buy your shitty ugly notch chink phone
>>
>>70983977
assuming this is 3a and not 3, i just got this in black a week ago. upgraded from the HTC One (2012) so i can't really say anything bad about it because it absolutely btfo that piece of shit
saw some anons saying it would be slow but it seems pretty damn fast to me. probably my favorite thing is that there's almost 0 bloatware. the only useless mandatory apps are google play movies&tv and music. XL was worth the upgrade price.

i only have minor complaints, like you have to use google assistant to turn on the flashlight which means you either have to say "flashlight" aloud or type the word out. and when you pull up the phone to call someone, a "favorites" list comes up and you have to press another button to get to the dialer which is just retarded.
haven't had any trouble with calls so far but a friend with the phone had an inexplicably choppy one calling from home, only time will tell how the service is.
>>
>>70985250

I didn't even specify the phone's name. Fuck right off and jump off a cliff while you're at it, dipshit.
>>
About to drop AUS$380 on a redmi note 7 and case. What do you guys think about this decision. Should I follow through?

I've had an iphone 5 for a really long time and want to escape appleshit
>>
>>70983693
If you pay it off through T-mobile, it becomes unlocked, but you have to unlock it via an app. Takes a month after paying it off for it to fully register.
>>
So is the S10 the go to if you want the cream of the crop?
The OP7P is compelling but
>shit battery
>no headphone jack
>no expandable storage
>worse camera

On the other hand
>dedicated dev community
>no notch
>90hz screen
>cheaper
>>
>>70985482
why does OP7P have worse battery than other SD 855 phones?
>>
>>70985532
because the 90hz screen
>>
>>70980447
go back hometown gook
>>
>>70981037
K. What phone fits those criteria and has an unlockable bootloader?
>>
>>70985540
why not turn off the 90 Hz mode mong?
>>
>>70985145
They had OIS in their 5Z phones though
fucking DROPPED
ONEPLUS 7 PRO OR BUST
>>
>>70985637
>buy phone for a feature
>don't use the feature
yeah why don't I just leave the phone turned off, the battery will last for days
>>
Any recommended usb c 3.5mm jack adapters? I found out my Chinese ones swap the left and right channels and need a new one
>>
File: 1495076116260.jpg (22 KB, 192x243)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Hey Anons, my smartphone is flipping it shit out when I connect it to the USB on my computer.

For some reason the charging voltage seemingly cause the phone screen to be super sensitive.
And 1 fingertap on the screen is interpretted by the smartphone as 10-20 taps.

Does anyone know the fix to this issue?
>>
>>70985482
>OP7P
>shit battery
8+ hours isn't enough? Samturds get worse. Fuck your jack, fuck your expandable storage, the camera will get godly with gcam
imagine being this stupid
>settling for notchshit and bloatshit Samsung just because it has a jack and SD card support
nothing, NOTHING can help compensate for the holeshit display it has. Just fuck off tasteless retard
>>
>>70985675
I should say I have a moto z3
>>
>>70980403
Only requires one hand to unlock.
>>
File: penn_jillette.png.jpg (31 KB, 300x400)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
IMAGINE SETTLING FOR HOLESHIT CAMERA DISPLAY JUST BECAUSE IT HAS A JACK AND EXPANDABLE STORAGE
anyone who considers anything with a notch, least of all a holeshit camera notch, is just an absolute cretin
>>
Imagine still being this obsessed about notches.
>>
>>70980557
what does the hk version have different?
>>
Can the Poco bootloader be unlocked using a windows vm?
>>
>>70985642
>>70985687
>>70985735
oneplus shill who has shilled for many days straight on /spg/
common phrases bro, samshit, poorfag, oneplus, op7 vs, boner for no jack, ...
>>
I've seen some reviews putting the lg g7 thinq on top or at par to s10e

What do you recommend?
>>
>>70985735
yeah fuck headphones jacks, I would much rather use some OnePlus Bullets Wireless™, only $69 on the OnePlus™ store©™®
>>
>>70985854
Says the nigger who prefers a hole in his display over a missing jack that doesn't even matter since you can use a dongle. What the fuck is wrong with you? How can you prefer the shitty Samsung pillnotch just because it has a stupid jack? Jesus.
>>
>>70985854
Oh and
>costs more than the OP7 itself
>doesn't even have OIS on the main camera
yeah sure bro tell me all about how I'm shilling it, the Zenfone is a total steal, right? kek
>>70985903
100% bro, I'm sure the dongle magically does not exist in your point of view. Enjoy notchshit
>>
>>70985854
Can we just mass report the chink? Said to be a burger but also mentioned that the OnePlus service centers in Shenzhen were great so there’s that.
>>
>>70985906
shill attacks its ineffective
>>
Is the Moto g7 worth buying or is there a better option for around $200-300 price range?
>>
>>70985906
>>70985911
>defending dongles
Fuck that shit, at least recommend wireless headphones you chink retard.
They are a nuisance and a workaround.
t. OnePlus 6t owner
>>
>>70985930
>defending a hole in the display
I must be dreaming. Doesn't everyone straight up despise the notch, nevermind the shitty one Samsung uses? How the fuck is that preferable over using a dongle?
>>
>>70985930
How are they a nuisance? Just plug them to your earphones and they're a part of it now. Or do you use your massive desktop Sennheisers with your phone when you're going out? In that case just switch the dongle out. It takes but a second. Same shit logic as the losers who shill wireless charging
>BUT BRO I DON'T NEED TO PLUG IN THE CABLE LOL
fucking zoomers
>>
Nothing's ideal in the smartphone world but prefering a hole in your display over having to use a dongle is just pants on retarded. Absolutely inexcusable. You stare at your screen all the time, you really okay with that ugly fucking notch just because you don't have to use a dongle? God damn.
>>
>>70985951
I don’t have a Samsung.
>>70985961
>zoomer
when does your paycheck ends?

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门
>>
>>70986012
Haha, I'm still here, nerd. You think some pansy shit like that's gonna spook me away?
>>
>>70986027
shill confirmed
>>
>>70985652
Dude you'll get similar battery out of 60hz mode.

If you don't want to pay the price of a 90hz screen don't use the phone.
>>
>>70983392
>I don't care about my contacts
Could you, please post contact numbers, e-mails and other contact details from your phone?
That would be great, thank you.
Also
>what is google pay/apple pay
>what is bank apps
>what is PayPal app
>etc
inb4
>hurr Durr, I don't use it, therefore no one uses it
Dumb fuck
>>
>>70986058
Only spreading the words of the lord, my man
>>
How do you guys feel about insurance for phones?
My sister is 21 and I'm honestly considering paying $100 insurance on her next phone to protect from damage, loss or theft.
Girls literally can't be trusted with valuables but are these types of plans trustworthy or a scam?
>>
>>70983048
>>70983185
>virtually every piece of electronics is manufactured in China
>said things they produce get discussed on a technology
>huuur shills
>>
Is 12GB of RAM complete overkill?
>>
>>70983530
You're missing pretty much everything. As far as I know, you have to either flash a zip that removed encryption before flashing a custom ROM or use the wipe data option in TWRP. And then you wipe system, cache, dalvik/art cache, data. Only after that you flash the ROM. Also, Redmi Note 7 has other custom ROMs available, no need to use barebones Lineage OS.
>>
>>70986149
Waste of money. Read what you have to do for the money.

>>70986162
most shills are not chinks.
>>huurrr r durr huru dur
Shill more hur dur guy and the oneplus guy.
>>
>>70986180
I honestly don't know why a phone would need more than 4GB currently.
I get the idea of having more than enough, on a PC it makes sense because you can always multitask more.
But phones are already super snappy and intelligently kill apps when needed.
App startup time is already quick and you need to have a shitton open for task killing to be an issue at 4GB.

Seriously, has anyone with a 4GB phone here every experienced any kind of slowdown?
>>
>>70986212
>huurrr r durr huru dur
>Shill more hur dur guy and the oneplus guy.
Nice telepathic abilities. You totally got it right. Enjoy your little "victory" by pretending to have successfully guessed who is who on an anonymous board.
>>
>my eyes got so adjusted to reading mode that now I see the normal mode as being a strange blue filter
Is this normal or my brain is frying
>>
>>70986230
now you projecting.
it is the message not who posts and there is a pattern in msgs.
>>
>>70986149
She is 21 and you're considering paying insurance for her? First of all - don't, and don't even make it obvious to her that you can pay insurance. Instead let her do it. That'll teach her some responsibility.
>>
File: 1366659749309.png (441 KB, 300x900)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
I see Xiaomi has begun to put the IMX586 sensor into their cheaper +200 dollar Redmi Note 7 Pro.

It was only 1 year ago the 586 was the revolutionary high end sensor.
You can sort of tell They are really trying hard to squeeze high value into their Redmi series.
>>
>>70986262
She's 21 and has been through over 8 phones (I know because I checked her device history when she lost one of her phones and I tried to use the GPS to find it).
She will never learn responsibility, I just want to save some money when she inevitably drops this one.

It's $100 now and then $75 to repair any damage from drops or water, etc or $125 for a full replacement if lost or stolen.
>>
>>70981199
Get another $100 (and some extra bucks for shipping and etc.) and buy a Redmi Note 7 from Amazon. That's the best investment you'll ever do.
>>
File: 1384996707834.png (39 KB, 178x178)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>he isn't waiting for the 7T Pro at the end of the year
>>
>>70986302
>just wait bro
come on, leave that meme to /pcbg/.
>>
>>70986277
How the hell is it possible lol
>>70986264
No OIS, no care.
>>
>>70986321
>How the hell is it possible lol
Daddy is rich and doesn't want her to get raped so will always buy her a new phone so she can always get a taxi home.

To be fair she's actually buying her own phone this time and is spending more than the usually budget shit we get her.
>>
>>70986264
and it's still shit. Which sensor does the pixel phones use?
>>
>>70986336
How can a person be that irresponsible
losing phones left and right, I can't even imagine being in her shoes. Is her self awareness nonexistent?
>>
>>70986340
I have my doubts about that.
>>
>>70986340
IMX363, not even with gaycam can these shitty chinkphones compare to a Pixel. Everyone just straight up forgets that gcam only helps your stock cameras look better, it's not a literal 'make your phone a Pixel' app.
>>
>>70986348
>Is her self awareness nonexistent?
she gets drunk and her purse will easily drop anything in it.
She has had to contact Uber drivers and met them in a public place to retrieve phones she's left in their cars for example.
>>
>>70986360
Pixel cameras are seriously the best, you point and shoot and you're almost guaranteed to have a fantastic picture. On other phones you might have to adjust focus to get the perfect picture or some other BS, Pixel knows what the fuck you want and gives it to you.
>>
>>70986360
why doesn't modded gcam make 12 MP chink phones w/ SD 855 amazing? what's missing
>>
>>70986382
>>70986360
Googlefags on suicide watch.
https://www.ubergizmo.com/articles/huawei-p30-pro-low-light-photo-tests/
>>
>>70986423
propitiatory blobs
>>
>>70986423
>why doesn't modded gcam make 12 MP chink phones w/ SD 855 amazing? what's missing
Developers working on it. The 855 is a very new chip.
>>
>>70986483
Is it better than the Kirin 980?
>>
>>70986491
Of course. In battery performance at least it will always be.
>>
>>70986423
Too much a.i. processing can be a curse.
For example here, the retard computer is turning the plate green.
It's supposed to look more like this: https://i2.wp.com/cdnssl.ubergizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/2019-03-27-scene-09-huawei-p30.jpg?ssl=1

The only things you can truly trust is the quality of the lens, and the quality of the image sensor.
>>
File: doge.png (758 KB, 697x615)
758 KB
758 KB PNG
>>70980366
What phone do I need to get this smooth detailed shot?

https://imgur.com/a/0AqiFE7

can't upload full cause too big
>>
>>70986513
That feel when I still want the Kirin 980, because it's the CPU brad that isn't controlled by western intelligence agencies.
>>
>>70986563
I don't know what you're talking about. There are no kernel source codes and thus custom ROMs for phones with Kirin SoCs. So you get to enjoy whatever data and telemetry your phone can be transmitting.
>>
File: 1545809075265.jpg (82 KB, 1200x675)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>tfw want to get a OP7P tomorrow but don't want it to be locked
I know Tmobile unlocks but I don't want the bloatware that will come with a locked phone
>>
>>70986563
Only on /g/ will assholes act like they're super covert spies who need their IDs intact.
Celebrities, people with far more at stake than you use Samshit, chinkshit and other shit. Just fuck off
>>
>>70986620
>>70986628
shills are back from lunch.
>>
>>70986642
Sorry bro, just got done partying, yeah?
>>
>>70986642
I'm not shilling, the alternatives don't look that good to me because
>no 90hz screen

Sorry anon, I would love an alternative but its just not there
>>
File: 1534413599641.jpg (318 KB, 1600x1143)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>70986628
>Celebrities, people with far more at stake than you use Samshit, chinkshit and other shit. Just fuck off
yeah because celebrities never have their personal files compromised.
That's literally the worst example you could have used you fucking retard
>>
Nu
>>70986716
>>
>>70986723
iCloud doesn't count. Let me know when someone with a OnePlus or. Samsung or a Sony got hacked like that. Where you store your shit on your internal storage and not on le cloud or Google Drive.
>>
>>70986739
Hayley Williams from Paramore tweeted her tits on an old Blackberry. She claims to have been hacked but I don't believe it. If it were a hack there'd be more lewd photos, not just the one.
>>
>>70987033
She's a lying little slut so there's no surprises there, obvious publicity stunt.
>>
>>70985418
Go for it, you won't regret it.
>>
Williams has mosquito bite sized tits and looks like a ghoul
Atwell is the superior Hayley.
>>
>>70981294
>K20
if only the camera comes with ois. Then, I'm sold.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.