[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: angel.jpg (350 KB, 2400x1800)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
Previous thread
>>70928111

>Read
>>51971506

>GNU/Linux questions?
>>>/g/fglt

>PC building?
>>>/g/pcbg

>Programming questions?
>>>/g/dpt

>Good, cheap, laptops?
>>>/g/tpg

>Cheap electronics?
>>>/g/csg

>Buying headphones?
>>>/g/hpg

>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
https://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
https://pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
https://pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
https://pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
>>
I just jailbroke my iPhone 8+ running iOS 12.1. What's the point? I just wanted to hopefully get a good 4chan app or at least download a tweak or whatever so that I don't have to keep re-sideloading TheChan. How do I do that?
>>
Is it potentially harmful to rip those little pull tabs off soda cans when I'm done drinking and swallow them?

Been doing it for years but my friend saw me do it and looked absolutely horrified like I needed to see a doctor immediately or something. Surely they wouldn't make a can you're expected to drink out of out of something toxic?
>>
Linux Mint refuses to see any public wifi made available dispite being available to my phone or other computers.
Do I need to get handicapped parking for me or Mint?
>>
>>70950055
Nigger what?
It's metal. It's obviously not meant to be eaten.
It's not toxic to drink out of, but swallowing it? That is like eating the cardboard box when you get pizza, or swallowing the wrapper on a candy bar, only I would think a metal pull tab is even less well-digestible and even worse for your insides.
>>
File: 1557358746165.png (273 KB, 517x396)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
Hey, I have an IT class this semester, but this is not at all my major and I can't use a computer for shit, so maybe you can help me :
I have to draw a window with the awt package in Java, it should be made of a text area at the top, another at the bottom, and in the middle there should be a "switch" button, that when you hit it, switches the position of both text areas.
I managed to get everything done but that last bit. I thought that I could declare a "temp" variable to stock the position of the first text area, while I'd feed it the position of the second, then feed the second the position stored in "temp", but I can't do it because I don't know how I can store positions. (It has to be awt).
>>
Hey guys. I paid for a website to be designed and hosted by a certain local company 2-3 years ago. Now my website is down and it redirects me to the index page instead. When I asked them about it, they said that it was built using an old language(asp) which their servers no longer support and now they're asking me to pay 300 bucks for them to redesign the website using php. Am I getting scammed here? Idk what to do. I made them give me the cpanel but I have zero experience in designing websites.
>>
>>70950285
from my 30 seconds of research, it seems unlikely your old ASP.NET website will run with the new ASP.NET Core
the original ASP.NET isn't being developed anymore, so they don't want to support it, which is understandable
>Am I getting scammed here?
no, you got a managed web hosting service, it's normal to have to pay for this kind of change
if you want to choose what backend you want to use, you'll need an unmanaged vps. upside is you can run whatever you like on it, downside is that they won't manage it for you, you install and maintain everything from the OS up (they only maintain their system enough to run your VM)
>>
>>70949817
>angel.jpg
His name is Pit, you faggot.
>>
>>70950055
Are you ok, retard?
>>
>>70950418
Cheers, thank you anon. What do you suggest that I do? Give in and give them the 300 bucks? Use something like Wix? The website is just a profile of the company with basic info and pictures so I thought that Wix would be good for that and cheap.
>>
I'm scared because I clicked on a dodgy link in an email.
>>
File: Kiriya Aoi - 00048.jpg (150 KB, 837x810)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
I'm building a new computer and I'm starting off with a computer case, but after checking the "popular" ones, all of them only support 2-3 drive bays for 3.5 drives. And I have 5 HDDs. But these cases have a ton of "expansion slots" though. What are they? Can I use them to install the rest of my HDDs?

Or better yet, can you recommend me a good minimalist computer case with a generous amount of drive bays for 3.5 drives?
>>
Is it worth spending more than 10 bucks on case fans?
>>
>>70950055
There's the possibility of metal toxicity (not an issue when holding or drinking from the can, bigger issue when directly ingested), and they can possibly hook on your innards (they're rounded, but it just takes a single hard edge).

also, do you just shit out pieces of metal
they might just be accumulating in you otherwise
>>
File: steinway.jpg (913 KB, 3888x2592)
913 KB
913 KB JPG
Wasn't sure whether to ask here or in /mu/, but there's no thread for learning instruments there and not sure how the board/jannies will react to a dedicated thread

In UK, I've been on the fence for a good few years on whether to get a keyboard, pretty much only for use as a digital piano, not effects or voices or backing tracks etc.. I'm an absolute beginner but don't like the cheap shitty keyboards I've tried before (mostly unweighted, plasticky keys, shit sound) and am looking to get learning piano in general. Any recommendations sub-£350 that won't need replacing for a better one in a few years?
>>
any good free tools to batch convert .webms to gifs?

yes i know gifs waste more space, i know gifs dont have sound. i really just prefer them
unless you guys know of an android image viewer that loops webms instead of automatically loading the next file
>>
>>70950428
Yes I know and he's a beautiful angel (with bulge owo)
>>70950503
run a virus scan.
>>70950442
pic related
>>
>>70951192
>run a virus scan
I did shortly after, says clean. When I clicked on the link I got that read warning page about it being dodgy, not sure if that means I never connected to the page or what.
>>
>>70951207
Probably your browser protecting you from your own mistake. I'd say you're fine.
>>
>>70948902
You can get used to a constant noise and tune it out.
>>70950055
Now this is a stupid question.
>>70950716
Probably not. The default configuration included with your case will most likely perform as well as any other configuration you put into it. Only difference that you'd notice is a change in noise, and just getting large fans would cut down on most of that.
>>
>>70950935
Maybe webmforretards can do that? Or ffmpeg plus a batch script.
Also, look for an Android image viewer that loops webms instead. Converting to gif is disgusting.
>>
Which 720p monitor has the least input lag, highest refresh rate, best color accuracy, and has no logo/splash screen on startup?

I play old console games and they scale to 3x well.
>>
>>70951240
no luck. searching for it only returns the same forum thread 4 years ago asking the same questions with no solutions
>>
>>70951311
720p CRTs were a thing.
>>
>>70951319
I would've just looked at the program itself, but okay. Then it's a batch script.
>>
>>70951344
>were
How about now? CRT will fail the color accuracy requirement.
>>
Anyone ever tried Hyper-V for creating a virtual machine?
>>
I'm at my wits' end. All I'm trying to do is reinstall Windows 10, but it just doesn't seem to cooperate. I posted https://rbt.asia/g/thread/70866823/#70879044 and followed their posts, but even after disabling fast and secure boot it still boots to my previous installation. I tried disabling the Windows Boot Manager for fun but it just took me to the UEFI.

Is my only option here to back up the files on there then wipe the drive?
>>
How do I turn an ip address into a country or region? I want to make a map widget later for my dashboard, and I'm collecting ips. How do I render a map with shaded parts, and how do I turn the ips into a location? By the way I'm using React for the front end.
>>
>>70950285
Anyone?
>>
whats the best/easiest way to get instagram followers? for someone with no friends

is buying them legit?
>>
>>70950285
Tell them that it isn't your problem. They designed it, they need to maintain it. If not, ask for the asp files so you can host the website yourself. How much traffic does it generate?
>>
>>70951695
You need a geolocation database. They cost money, but some offer some free ones which are less accurate, but just for the country it should be enough.
Mind you, mapping an IP to a country isn't 100% accurate.

Use something like openlayers, leaflet or similar.
Leaflet has an example on how to color something based on numbers.
https://leafletjs.com/examples/choropleth/

You should find plenty of shapes of every country if you search for it.
>>
Is there any updates that you need to manually install on a clean win8.1? I let it run on default settings and now windows update is stuck.
>>
>>70952358
Might be the sha2 one. You can always use WSUS Offline instead. It has a security only option that skips telemetry.
>>
How do I stop discord from jumping to my main screen from my second screen when opening ghost recon wildlands? Also, if possible, how do I force discord to start in my second monitor?
>>
>>70951909
I have the files and the cpanel and idk what to do with it. It doesn't generate much traffic.
>>
I'm trying to submit feedback for Nightly, but it doesn't go through. Since the page is abusive as shit I guess, it completely deleted all my text as soon as I hit submit, but luckily I backed it up in a text document from shitty sites doing this to me in the past.

It only says "There was an error on your page. Please correct any required fields and submit again. Go to the first error

This question is required"

But there are only two fucking fields, and not only does the second appear optional, but even after putting data in it then submitting, it still produces the same error as before.

Is my feedback just too long? 3,831 characters according to Notepad++. Why doesn't this shitty page just say as much.

uMatrix has everything enabled, so maybe it's missing behaviour somehow but I don't see how.
>>
>>70953131
Never mind. I submitted a 773-character feedback kindly telling them to piss off, and it got submitted. So the only reason for the bullshit error is I actually exceeded the secret arbitrary limit they put on the field... so it returned an error saying I put nothing in the field at all.
>>
>>70953131
>>70953234
Not that anyone cares but if you want to see my gay feedback, I posted it publicly here:
https://pastebin.com/4SbfgHhu

It's not interesting except that it shows how to disable buttons on the menu bar in firefox. Which was nice for me, since the bookmarks button especially is obsolete when you can just search in libraries with ctrl+shift+b.
>>
>>70953234
Making websites is hard, you can't just expect everybody to be good at it, it's not like they're browser engineers or something.
>>
File: 1540607928529.png (260 KB, 1594x1360)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
How jealous are you that I finally got downboat privileges on Hacker News /g/?
>Let the reign of terror begin
>>
Is there a good alternative to the now abandoned Diskdata?
>>
is it possible to pass ffmpeg arguments through youtube-dl?
I'm downloading live streams (live) and would prefer to gpu hevc encode them

that's easy enough from ffmpeg, but how do I tell ytdl to tell ffmpeg that?
>>
File: Bill.jpg (79 KB, 716x768)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
anyone got a strawpoll-like site where you can copypaste a list and have that as a poll?
no time to explain
>>
>>70953324
It takes like 50 posts to get it.
The real question is why would you even bother talking with these people.
>>
>>70953519
Yeah, I never comment I just read the headlines. I did make a submission though and it got so many updoots it pushed my karma over 500. I'll downvote any tranny and lefty shit I see until they yank the downvoter thing away from me. We'll see how long it lasts
>>
Where can I ask for some advice about repairing gamepads? I have no idea if this shit is even /g/ related but the manufacturer doesn't have tech support for this kind of stuff
>>
>>70953667
how repairing gamepads is any different from repairing other circuit board device?
>>
>>70949817
Is there a program I can use to sort files that won't set my computer on fire?
>>
File: computer explodes.jpg (144 KB, 381x668)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>70953733
no such thing, sorry
>>
File: 71ndj4zMw-L._SX466_.jpg (13 KB, 466x466)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>70953694
hell if I know, I'm not a clever man. I just wanna replace pic related's rubber under its right side buttons but I don't know if it uses rubbers similar to that of an SNES and I don't want to tear the whole damn thing down just to find out. Already contacted support about this but I figured I might as well ask here too and try to get a faster answer
>>
>>70952156
Thank you for guiding me in the right direction! I didn't even know what these types of maps were called before. Now I'm one step closer!
>>
File: Capture.png (562 KB, 1184x740)
562 KB
562 KB PNG
>>70953751
next time try googling that shit first, you fucking idiot
>>
Want to get into a SRE/devops position, what's a good project that i could set up on my own to showcase my docker/kubernetes skeelz to a recruiter?
>>
>>70953785
>>70953785
>shows irrelevant image
do you even look at the shit you post? hell, did you even read the post? I'm trying to find out if the RUBBER on the other side of the buttons if the same model (same fit, size, feel) as the ones used inside an SNES pad, tard lord. and no, the video shows a rubber, but it doesn't specify if they are the same or even compatible
>>
>>70953830
>he still didn't understand what he has to do
you are too dumb to get help, sorry
>>
What are the requirements to torrent effectively? Let's assume I do not have a seedbox. Is it better to have separate storage spaces dedicated to torrenting? Is it CPU intensive?
>>
>>70953747
fuck
>>
>>70953853
>being blind and still insisting on wrong answers
have on last free (you). don't spend it all in one place
>>
File: 1537751969269.jpg (101 KB, 500x675)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Why do people on /pcbg/ advise against SSD partitioning?
As far I understand, an SSD does not care if it's partitioned or not.
>>
>>70950428
I want to smell his Pit if you know what I mean
>>
File: spoonfeeding.jpg (113 KB, 640x640)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>70953890
the video itself was irrelevant, you idiot.
>check the disassembly video of the controllers and compare
>check the forums which discuss that shit
>optionally ask questions to people who disassembled that directly

stay well, 90iq anon. maybe one day will stop relying on spoonfeeding and learn how to research stuff yourself.
dumb and obnoxious is the worst combo.
>>
>>70949817
I've just fucked up fellas. I've formatted the system reserved partition on my external HDD. I was trying to convert it to ext4 and now it crashes any software I try to open it with. I know this is a linux format but I have been able to read/write to the disk in this format using Ext2 and DiskGenius. Now these won't even load when the hdd is inserted and trying to format the disk via my computer just crashes the window. What the fuck can I do?
>>
>>70953967
nigger if I'm asking on 4chan of all places it means I already did my research, but most problems with the SN30 Pro are not the same ones I have
>d-pad directions pressing additional keys when held on the edge
>stuck analog
>random disassembly videos
>reddit threads on the first issue
the vast majority of content regarding repairs is aimed towards the regular snes model without any extra buttons, the FC pro or other 8bitdo gamepads, not the model I'm looking for. But no, you google some shit for half a sec and insist on taking the high ground because
>WOAH THIS GUY DIDNT LOOK ANYTHING UP LOOK AT ALL THESE GOOGLE RESULTS I DIDNT CLICK
no. fuck you. your kind is no better than kids on gamefaqs going on random threads yelling "this game suks" on unrelated threads.
>>
>>70949817
Desktop died on me yesterday, kept freezing up on me in windows, ran memtest86 on it and now it turns on, but doesn't seem to post. No usb comms although it still seems to deliver power, no display out and the power button turns it on but it won't turn off.

Does that sound like a PSU or mobo issue?
>>
>>70954156
>"Where can I ask for some advice about repairing gamepads? I have an obscure question regarding some parts"
>"Did you try googling enthusiast's forums or asking people who disassembled that shit directly?"
>"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT I SHOULD GOOGLE, SPOONFEED ME EVERYTHING RIGHT FUCKING NOW"
sperg
>>
>>70954243
good argument
>>
>>70953667
This thread, /dpt/, and making your own thread on /g/. Cycle through until you get it fixed. I'm saying this because I'm an EE and have seen other EEs in those places.
>>
File: 1550390108175.png (34 KB, 184x164)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>70953967
>>70953785
>>70954243
>try to argue with nintentoodler unironically
>>
>>70953456
Yes, something like this
youtube-dl --exec 'ffmpeg -i {} -c:v CODEC -b:v BITRATE  {}-converted.webm; rm {}' 'URL
>>
File: xrandr.png (96 KB, 908x266)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
Trying again, I'm having a bit of trouble with my xrandr config, sometimes when I boot up the monitors (3 of them) are all mixed up and I either have to run the script again which fucks up the backgrounds or just reboot a couple of times. Any idea what causes this? I'm running Manjaro and I'm starting it from my i3 config
>>
>>70953908
Because Windows 10 updates eat a fuckload of space and show no signs of stopping. You want like 250GB minimum for a C drive. More like 500~1TB if you're going to load games as well.
>>
This no longer works?
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18564-youtube-nsfw
Can someone fix it or to bypass youtube age verification?
>>
How can I gain knowledge and experience for an IT related job as a NEET. Do I install and learn to use Linux? pay for Cisco exams? Some things like imaging which is pretty common is hard to do practically at home. I'm more interested in the hardware side of things rather than learning to code
>>
>>70950055
aluminum = alzheimers
>>
File: 1522899678290.png (844 KB, 1471x451)
844 KB
844 KB PNG
non-tech savvy person here

I have been having a blast with gnuLinux since you guys adviced me to ditch Windows, but i still need windows for my games and obscure software that doesn't have a linux version.

My question is: how far are we from virtualized gpu's? any future tech i should research? i know about qemu+gpu passtrough, but i want something like what we have on cpu's, where the VM recognizes the cpu virtualization capabilities and just works
>>
What do you use to make 24fps video not shit? With mpv, I tried --interpolate --video-sync=display-resample, and it seemed to work, but it made panning shots quite blurry.
>>
File: serveimage (1).jpg (128 KB, 736x1104)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>70949817
Can someone waifu2x this image for me?
>>
>>70955091
And this one?
>>
>>70954560
Use hooktube
>>
Is there a way to completely block a program from even checking if there is internet connection in Windows? Every time I want to use CorelDRAW I have to disable the adapter, or else I have to log in to a Corel account to use it. I already blocked it's connection through Windows firewall and I'm using TinyWall as well, but if I have an active connection, it detects it.
>>
Every so often I hear my secondary mechanical HDD making a noise that sounds similar to a disk write and sometimes ends with a small beep like the motor has turned off.
I've set it to never turn itself off but it continues to do this.
Any idea what it could be?
>>
>>70955167
Sounds like the OS just randomly accessing the HDD, you might have not noticed it before if it was your primary.
>>
>>70951538
Any ideas?
>>
>>70953452
Halp
>>
>>70955106
Holy shit I haven't seen that image in years.

Hold on a sec, I got you.
>>
>>70955108
I didn't know hooktube still works.
Anyway this doesn't solve the issue of the userscript not working.
>>
>>70955106
>>70955282
Other one's coming up.
>>
>>70955091
This one is a bit hard, the end result doesn't look good unless you go with 1.6x.
>>
>>70949817
>>70939565
I've changed the command for the LXDE tab from just "wpa_gui" to "sudo wpa_gui", but that just freezes the laptop. What do?
>>
>>70955084
Try a different tscale, the default one (mitchell) is a bit more on the blurry end. Note, the less blurry and sharper it is, the less smooth it is. Oversample is often recommended, there's a list in the manual.
>>
>>70955282
>>70955311
>>70955344
Woah!
Thank you, they look great!
>>
Reposting >>70941209:
>Is there a way to render pages faster in Firefox, besides the usual stuff like enabling WebRender and setting nglayout.initialpaint.delay to low values? Things like some dirty addon that tricks pages into loading faster somehow or anything like that.

>Just curious really. On average, it takes me between 6 to 10 seconds to render a page after clearing the cache (which I do pretty often, probably a very bad habit, idek how or when it started) and I don't mind that, but if there's a way to reduce that (i.e. a way to make Firefox work even better), I'd like to know about it.
>>
Something weird happening to me right now, I have internet and most pages load, but a bunch of other pages don't, is it a problem of the internet, my computer, or all these sites got deleted just today at the same time?
>>
>>70949817
where can I get a copy of winrar?
>>
>>70955909
https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
>>
>>70955424
Hey thanks, that did the trick.
>>
File: 1557442207782.jpg (726 KB, 797x1394)
726 KB
726 KB JPG
Best way to recieve payment over the internet without getting doxxed to shit ?
>>
So I'm trying to undervolt my 2600x on my msi b450m and managed an offset of -0.625V which is great but I've noticed that the all core boost and single core boost have dropped. Is this where LLC comes in? I can bo between LLC 1-8 but I'm not even sure if a higher number means higher voltage or not
>>
>>70955980
crypto
>>
>>70949817
pit hap me

>attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory
after a fresh install I ran a memory check and the memory was read as good. Any other possible faults that could occur? I'm sick of fuckin with my rig today. I think I got all the drivers together since I can't get anywhere after putting some intel drivers on there. I'll try again when I have some time.

Anything besides drivers that could cause
>attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory

pls help device crashing while in child mode. I don't want to buy a new computer I want to replace the minimum necessary to begin functioning again.

I have gotten the desktop working and am slowly installing drivers before attempting to connect it to the internet which inevitably causes the error without fail.

I suspect the CPU because I don't know and based on google search results.
>>
>>70950266
can't answer your question but next time don't be afraid to make an appointment with your professor and ask for some help, it's their job
>>
File: 1495477507739.jpg (78 KB, 338x305)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>70953324
this nigga really bragging about browsing reddit?
>>
how do you play local swf files on the current firefox?
>>
>>70956669
or whats just the best way to play them?
games
>>
File: serveimage(10).jpg (2.29 MB, 2309x1299)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>70949817
Working on my uncles computer, upgraded a ton of parts, new paste, dusted, etc. What's the best lightweight free antivirus? He definitely gets viruses and I need something low resource. I wish I could just put Ubuntu and call it a day but an old lad can't learn a new operating system.
>>
What's a good single-board computer that is
cheap
ram/cpu don't matter
fast ethernet
NOT a firehazard, i.e. not easily overheating
rest also doesn't matter
Note: I actually have something in mind what I want to do with at least 2 of such sbc's. But the market seems a little flooded and I don't really know what is good and what is shit build-quality wise.
>>
>>70950501
i'm not familiar with wix or other managed web hosts
i run a website myself, but since i have uses for a vps besides just hosting a website, i got an unmanaged one (they're also cheaper)
>>
>>70951447
>old console games
>"crt's don't have accurate enough colours"
is this nigga serious?
>>
>>70949817
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=240495
I basically have the same problem with LXDM and even they can't solve it. What is the issue?
>>
>>70956815
eset
>>
>>70957059
wat drivers do i need
>>
I'm looking for an android (6.0) app that converts the regular display into something that can be viewed on google cardboard.
It doesn't have to do some fancy 3-D rendering, I just want to use the inbuild thermal camera with a cardboard VR.
Is there an app/workaround that makes this possible?
>>
>>70957098
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y530-15ich/81fv/81fvcto1ww/pf1h7970/downloads
>>
>>70950055
they have a sharp edge
>>
What do I gain from browsing https 4chums instead of http?
>>
I have a massive collection of music (2,000+) how do I tag them?
>>
How smart is SSDs wear protection? I'm new to SSDs and have to make a few decisions. Is the wear protection limited by partitioning? If I write more on one partition than the other will the SSD wear unevenly?Iif I have a big image file for a VM, will the guest OS be writing to a small region of the SSD memory?
>>
Dead and dearchived threads from /qst/ in particular, not other boards, are being redirected to some shitty archive site I've never heard of before, that's not found anywhere in the source of 4chanX, and not the site I want it to redirect to. I use no other addons for 4chan aside from the dead soundplayer. I go to edit 4chanX to redirect dead threads from that board to this other one, when I notice the link is in the HTML. Is it inline or something? How do I get it to redirect back to the site I want to use for this board (4plebs)?

Here's the post I'm trying to reach;
>>>/qst/3435729
I get this place called b-stats. In addition to lacking a search function, the link gives me a 404 so it's not even redirecting properly.
>>
How do I round down in Excel?
I have a number 1.8, but I want it to display 1.
>>
how can i use wget or similar to get all vimeo videos from http://www.ubu.com/film/index.html? jdownloader actually works lol but i'd rather use the terminal
>>
>>70957203
look up beets autotagger
>>
>>70957732
>beets
yeah because everyone wants to write a config from scratch
>>
I'm not sure this is /g/ related or not but i'll give it a shot.

I have this trackball that doesn't stay stationary but slides a bit. Is there a way to have it stop sliding around?
>>
>>70957439
FLOOR() I think
>>
Is it not possible to renew a pass without cryptocurrency anymore? I saw them announce a short time ago that they were reopening it to other payment methods but when I went to renew yesterday couldn't find anything but the crypto shit. Did they already shut it down again due to degenerates pulling chargebacks or something?
>>
>>70957005
Modern monitors have a larger gamut of colours with HDR. Also sharper pixels with higher resolutions.
>>
Recommend me a distro. I have a PC that isn't doing anything.
>>
File: 1370813842590.png (56 KB, 417x433)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
Recently I've been unable to play the same games I've been playing for the past 6 years since I got my computer without freezing midway through a match and having to restart my computer. Every time it freezes I have to restart, even if I wait like 5-7 minutes nothing changes, my pc does not recover within that span of time whenever it freezes.

What could the source(s) of this problem be? What are the first things I should check? Again, I'm experiencing these issues with games that I have been able to run in the past with zero issues, not new games that I know my computer doesn't have the power for or anything.

I maintain stable temps during games so I don't think overheating is the source of this issue, and neither of my hard-drives are nearing their storage capacities either if this matters.

I appreciate any suggestions, thanks in advance.
>>
>>70958285
Debian
>>
>>70958285
If it's an Intel PC, Intel has Clear Linux that has optimizations for intel processors enabled by default

On my Celeron 3060 Shitbook there's a noticable placebo performance improvement across the board in input and graphics, and it comes with FlatPak support so you're not out of apps
>>
>>70958494
It's AMD.
>>
>>70958502
Consider Ubuntu, a Ubuntu flavor, or Fedora or Elementary or POP!OS

don't overthink it all in all, they're mostly just window dressings for the same basic operating system
>>
i have to make a page with a few similar elements with angular 7

i want to reuse components for this and just swap out some of the data in the template.

is this possible/best practice?
im starting to think its not even worth it
>>
hey just got a laptop and first time having both a laptop and desktop. I am happy with my desktop experience but I can't take it around with me. I want about the same experience on both. Should i remote connect to the desktop or should i just continuously copy over files? I use vscode, word and excel a lot.
>>
Never really thought about this, but if I move my mouse quickly I can see pointer trails even though I have the option disabled in windows 10. Does this trail go away with a better monitor?
>>
Are you gonna be mad at me if I try listening to ASMR videos?
>>
Is malwarebytes a meme?
>>
>>70949817
Do all free VPNs suck & give away your data? I don't really want one for privacy reasons (fucked on that front already). I just want to bypass country locks on websites.
>>
>>70959396
Yes
>>
I want to buy the Pixel 3A XL, but don't like Google's botnet. Does LineageOS fix that for me? Is it even possible on phones this new?
>>
File: um.jpg (11 KB, 181x279)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
What is this and how does it affect 4chan and us?
https://iabtechlab.com/ads-txt-about/
https://www.4chan.org/ads.txt
https://www.4channel.org/ads.txt
>>
File: 1551981173679.png (2.29 MB, 2420x1460)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>70959524
yes they all suck just pay for one they don't cost much

>>70959396
yes

I would like to multi pattern match using one command but i'm still learning linux and have no idea how. What I mean is this:

man mv | grep foo && grep bar

Instead of searching using with multiple grep statements is there a way to do this more efficiently in one go? I am aware agrep exists but I would also like to do this using powershell using findstr
>>
File: Samsung840Pro_(3).jpg (41 KB, 868x488)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
I have a single SSD in my system. I want to dualboot W7 and W10.

The catch is like this: I want to make it such that the W7 partition is inaccessible (doesn't even show up in Explorer) when W10 is running, and at the same time I want the W10 partition to be accessible from W7.

How can this be made possible?
>>
>>70953859
a good internet connection, and maybe 64M ram for partial block cache
no, it's not cpu intensive, you can torrent on your router itself if you want to
>>
>>70955836
you can save a lot of time by caching pages
>>
>>70958183
that's real cool and all, but old games don't support HDR, have a limited palette, and sharper lpixels are a detriment to low resolution media
>>
Anybody knows how to increase the volume in windows 10? Yesterday I tried to connect my in ear headphones with the monitors audio output before going to bed. I immediately realized that the slider at 100% was way quieter than the 100% slider when connecting directly to the 3.5mm output on my computer. Now the issue is that the slider on 100% when directly connecting to the 3.m audio output on my PC is audibly quieter than it was yesterday. Videos on youtube are really quiet even at max settings. Did the audio driver of my monitor infect my pc and overwrite the audio levels? If so how can I redo this? No, I don't think I sustained any hearing loss last night.
>>
>>70960172
I just tested the front audio output on my pc and the audio there is very loud compared to the back side.
>>
>Image (namespace)
>>ImageDownloader (class)
or
>Image (namespace)
>>Downloader (class)

???
>>
Got my CS degree, now what
>>
>>70960767
>>>/wsr/666116
>>
>>70960917
Yeah, my sister's friend was asking if I wanted a job at a children's hospital. Probably will be some IT shit.
>>
Whatever happened to Tox?
>>
What's a guaranteed method of preventing Windows from updating that works on Home Edition?
It's critical that Windows is not allowed to update itself, because it will happily do it while my computer is hibernating, which will cause a BSoD, which has a high chance of corrupting the OS making it unusable. BSoDs from other sources have already corrupted my OS and forced a reinstall twice before, and I've prevented them from being possible, but I really need to prevent this last source of BSoDs.

The only way I want Windows to update is while shutting down, that's the only method that's safe on my computer.
>>
So I want to hear firefox through my headset and not have it heard in obs, but the only audio options are "the entire system" and "fucking mute everything". Everything I find online has uses voicemeeter to have two devices, but the "trick" is the audio playing program can select which device to send audio to, which firefox, and varios games too, won't let me do.
Like, I want the windows10 volume mixer, but in obs. Why is that so difficult?
>>
>>70961309
You have literally no idea what you are talking about. You are exactly the kind of person that requires automatic updates to prevent you from ruining your own life.
>What's a guaranteed method of preventing Windows from updating that works on Home Edition?
Disconnect your internet or power.
Windows updates are not the source of your BSoDs.
>>
>>70959898
>I want to dualboot W7 and W10.
why would you want to do that?
>>
>>70961803
You're assuming I have a normal, well-functioning computer.
It's a Dell Inspiron, of course it's going to have nonsense issues. Windows updating without permission really can brick my OS.
>>
>>70950883
used Yamaha P45 would be perfect i think. no option to record your own playing though
>>
File: 1557489604393.jpg (120 KB, 675x1200)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>70954560
Anyone?
>>
File: Hades.gif (704 KB, 448x269)
704 KB
704 KB GIF
What can I do to get Sekiro and DS3 to run on my PC without stuttering and frame freezes? I didn't have this problem with DS3 on my older system. No matter the settings, it doesn't get better.
>RTX 2080
>Ryzen 7 2700X
>32GB RAM
>Win7
When I asked on /v/ it devolved into a brand shill fight between AMD and Intel.
I know there's a mod by Kaldaien for Sekiro, but it doesn't start once the mod's in the game folder.
>>
I downloaded a DVD ISO that was not decrypted. I tried mounting the ISO and re-ripping with Brasero and K3B but it's not working. I've used both those programs to rip my own retail DVDs so I know they work. I don't know what to do.
>>
My PC wasn't booting up so I went though a checklist of things and it ended up running when I disconnected one of my HDs(The big one I use to store media). Can it be repaired or I'd need to get a new one and have the contents recovered?
>>
what logo do put on my weebsite?
https://bpaste.net/raw/703a795bff1a
>>
>>70961898
Because I need to.
>>
>>70950935
ffmpeg and loop over your files with a script. To make decent looking GIFs you need 2 commands
ffmpeg -i <input video> -vf palettegen palette.png
ffmpeg -i <input video> -i palette.png -filter_complex "[0][1]paletteuse" output.gif

If the output is too large for your taste, then use additional filters to change the frame rate and resolution.
ffmpeg -i <input video> -vf scale=-2:<height>,fps=<frame rate>,palettegen palette.png
ffmpeg -i <input video> -i palette.png -filter_complex "[0:v]scale=-2:<height>,fps=<frame rate>[out];[out][1]paletteuse" output.gif

You can also use Image-/GraphicsMagick, but you still need to use ffmpeg to split the videos into their individual frames, the process usually takes longer and you suddenly have to worry about the frame delay. The results might look slightly better (I have mixed experiences), but I don't think it's worth it.
>>
So I asked a few times before but never really got a response... A little while back I remember it being announced that they were going to start accepting normal credit cards or paypal or something for 4chan passes, but when I went to renew a day or two ago all I could see was the links to pay with crypto shit. Did they take away the normal payment methods again? Or am I looking in the wrong place?
>>
>>70958471
Funny enough I've been noticing the same thing over the past few days, after doing a clean install of W10. (Before the install I was experiencing some major latency issues tied to my network driver that no amount of driver reinstallation would touch, but thankfully resolved after the reinstall)

Doesn't happen often but seems completely random, like the screen will just freeze up out of nowhere and caps lock & ACPI shutdown both trigger no response which pretty much signifies the system is locked down hard so I have to hard reset it. Not sure if it's BIOS related since after updating it I had to reset to defaults, and the only ones available were "Optimized defaults" which included some turbo shit that threatened to melt my CPU if I didn't disable it right away, not sure if some other retarded overclock settings got slipped into the default for some reason
>>
Do I have to disable XMP to tweak memory settings?
>>
How do I test my VRAM to find if it's faulty? Is there memtest86 for video memory?
>>
How comes I can't find English releases on Mangadex? do I need to register an account? I see only other languages available even for the bigger series.
>>
My Windows 8 machine no longer remembers the last folder path used when downloading files.
E.g. If I download a picture to Me/Pictures, this will not be the folder shown at the beginning when I try to download another picture and I will have to manually go to it every time.

Why is this happening for no apparent reason and how can I fix it?
>>
What do you do with an old, low capacity ssd? I'm currently using a 120GB Samsung 840 Evo and planning to upgrade to a 480GB. Any suggestions? I already game my other 120GB ssd to my niece.
>>
>>70963310
I would use it to upgrade an older machine.
>>
so, if i run searx on my local machine? what benefit do i gain other than not having to trust the other server hosting it with not logging my queries?
if i have it on localhost, is my actual computer querrying all those different search engines? are those requests going directly from my ip or is it still routed somehow?
>>
How do I redirect images to load from i.4cdn.org instead of the AIDS riddled iXX.4chan.org servers?
>>
Is learning C through the C programming language book a good way to start programming? I've been programming for well over a year but I wanna start fresh.
>>
Hey /g/.
So... I need a pathfinding algorithm for a certain tile-based game that doesn't need to be anywhere near perfect, regarding choosing the shortest path, but needs to be as computationally light as possible. A* doesn't quite cut it. Is there any good alternatives you could suggest?
>>
Best video editor for Linux?
I used kdenlive in the past, but it's been so long that I'm more than willing to try others.

>>70963826
This belongs in /dpt/. I assumed you already asked there and in /vg/agdg. If not, do.
>>
>>70964144
Fair 'nough. Thanks for the tip.
>>
My PC doesn't turn on when I press the power button, and only if I turn the PSU on and off, what does this mean? Lose connection?
>>
>>70964144
Define "best".
What do you need it for? Just a quick cutting tool with a simple interface? Or features on top of features with scripts and macros and stuff?
For the latter Kdenlive is the best I know of too, but for a simpler one OpenShot Video Editor is pretty good too. OpenShot also outputs webms, which I don't recall Kdenlive being able to do, so that's why I use OepnShot.
But if you have good hardware, just emulate windows for the professional grade editors.
>>
>>70964244
Yes, it might just be the front panel connector cable going loose a little.
>>
>>70964250
Thanks for the info. I want to do some effects like superimposing two video streams and perhaps other stuff down the line. Per your answer, I assume kdenlive can do this and more. Correct?

I dual boot, so which one would you recommend for Windows? Sony Vega?
>>
>>70964352
>superimposing two video streams
I don't know, I didn't play around much with Kdenlive but it seemed to have a lot more options than OpenShot. But even OpenShot can handle putting multiple video channels over each other. I used to make webms out of porno video game sprites for /aco/ with it.
If you just want to put for example a face cam footage over a video game recording for offline editing, it can handle that for sure. But for anything live, get OBS. Hell, OBS can even speed up the editing process in some cases, if you work in it only offline.
>which one would you recommend for Windows? Sony Vega?
If you can afford/pirate it then that, or Adobe Premier Pro, easily, if you need to do complex stuff. The latter has a trial version too.
If you want freetard stuff, then OpenShot works great in Windows too. Or try Blender's video editor if you feel like investing a lot of time in the learning curve just to use freetard-ware. It not good at all, but it exists.
>>
Is installing windows on a laptop as easy and straightforward as it is on a desktop or will it give me issues with like drivers for OEM components or weird motherboard types and shit like that?
>>
>>70964492
Oki. Thanks
>>
>>70964558
Yeah, a lot of mobos don't even let you reinstall a perfectly legal OS on them by wiping them and doing a clean install, and instead force you to use the repair feature.
Definitely look up if it can be done on the laptop you want to buy. Though I don't really know a good website for that. I guess try forums where people commonly bitch about stuff.
>>
>>70960043
So, what readily available 720p monitor is best? Emulating on 1080p is a smaller pillarboxed and letterboxed experience.
>>
>>70964757
What if it's a laptop that comes with no OS or just has some super basic linux thing? I would assume those are made so you can put any OS you want in them
>>
File: 20190514233336_1.jpg (855 KB, 2560x1440)
855 KB
855 KB JPG
>>70964262
thanks man I'll open up and fix up
>>
>>70964836
Yes. From what I've seen it's only an issue with Macs and Windows 10.
Although it's also increasingly common to sell laptops without an OS but you can only install Win10 on them through mobo limitations. Again, carefully read what you're buying.
>>
File: fug.png (17 KB, 942x510)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Is this possible? I have an unmanaged switch connected to my firewall and I want to have two VLAN on this interface, just so one have connection priority over the other. Is it possible to do it?
>>
>>70961779
Open App volume, you should be able to set which sound device gets used for every program.
>>
File: 1525465655950.jpg (19 KB, 210x240)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>click link in gelbooru
>tab closes by itself
>open pixiv source in another tab
>click link in the pixiv tab
>tab closes by itself
Somethings up with gelbooru
>>
File: Tridactyl_200px.png (159 KB, 200x200)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
anyone kno how can i open link with mpv use tridactyl command?
>>
>>70965553
Yeah I've had this happen for a couple of months. I think it's some aggressive script that closes your tab after a bit, regardless if it's still gelbooru or not. It would probably be less aggressive if you'd allow ads, since they scale up their dick factor the more you block, but fuck them.
>>
File: mr.krupz.png (191 KB, 500x381)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>70962134
Anyone?
>>
>>70965698
Have you tried running an OS that isn't literally a decade old?
>>
My HP printer won't connect to my wifi network and I forgot what I did last time to fix it. The password and network is obviously right, but it says it cannot connect. Fucking why?
>>
How do I continue to use Windows 7 after Microshit stops supporting it without putting myself at risk without any feature security updates?
>>
>>70965742
Disconnect internet.
>>
file recovery software? is recuva the only decent program?
>>
>>70965844
photorec
>>
>>70965742
shed in the woods
cover walls with aluminum
>>
>>70949817
So Im going to college for network Administration this fall. I was curious why does everything I read always talk about concepts of networking instead of how to act out those ideas.
>>
File: 146578671869.jpg (91 KB, 640x800)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>70949817
I'm using windows 10 because i'm stuck in an institution and i bought a used laptop off of another patient. I want to be productive and use the time to learn to code, but I have no internet other than my phones data.

What is the best way to shut down background downloads so that i can use my data without having to worry about my computer deciding to download a huge update and using up all my data.

brainlet here.
>>
File: 1555027210297.png (14 KB, 491x333)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>70966021
You can set a network connection to a metered connection.
It'll then only pull critical security updates.
>>
>>70966021
Setting your network connection to metered is a good start. If that doesn't cut it you can install a firewall to limit any programs that get any ideas, although you'll probably want to at least let browser updates through. You can download any youtube videos you think you might watch again with youtube-dl. It also lets you pull just the audio from long videos at just a fraction of the normal download size. If you're really hurting, you can use the turbo feature in opera to compact your web browsing via vpn.
>>
>>70966055
>>70966123
ah thanks,

I have been downloading videos and text when i go out to the library. I just want to make use of some online resources.
>>
Please tell me how to overclock Ryzens.

I've got my 1700, now it's running at 3.9GHz, voltage drops like crazy when i run cinebench, but nothing breaks down or freezes. What the hell? I'm not running my 1700 at 3.9GHz on 1.3v that drops to 1.23v when loaded, that's for sure, so what exactly is happening? How to check if my overclock is bad?

I haven't connected this extra 4-pin on mobo because i've temporarily decided that i can't be arsed to find my box with PSU cables, would that help me with this major voltage drop? Or is it just this LLC thing and it's normal?

mobo is msi x470 pro, if that changes anything.
>>
>>70965698
People on /v/ have claimed to have run it on minimal settings in 720p on an NVidia GTX 720 graphics card and comparbly old CPU. Its system requirements are very low.
It's probably the Win7. A lot of game devs don't give a fuck about it anymore. Win10 is basically free unless you want to use it in your business. And Win7 is just as bad as Win10 as far as privacy breaches go. There's no reason to use it anymore, unless you're using very sensitive software that specifically requires it.
Just upgrade.
>>
>>70966284
>It's probably the Win7
Sekiro runs flawlessly on my Win 7 computer and my specs are toastier tier compared to that other anon's.
>>
>>70966395
>and my specs are toastier tier compared to that other anon's.
The whole point is that it isn't his specs mate.
>>
>>70966395
Then I don't know. Maybe the game and the drivers are allergic to his hardware combination. That happens too sometimes.
>>
>>70958802
personal cloud anon
>>
>>70959118
no, but they're mostly shit these days. instead of whispering sweet nothings, they get all clicky with nails on the mic and bullshit like that
>>
do I'm trying to run a nas on an old box but the problem is, that I'm using wifi on it, and for whatever reason no matter what nas distro or even regular distro, I can't connect from the windows machines I have. it's always the same error, refused to connect. how the hell do I fix this.
>>
Hand hold me on crypto please.

So i make an account with coinbase.I get a wallet with an id. I give that id to someone and they send the crypto. I then give coinbase my bank account information(routing,account,etc), then coinbase takes a percentage transaction fee and sends the money to my bank account.

Thats the work flow?
>>
>>70966630
Yes
>>
What /g/ job can I outsource? I want to take a second job to completely outsource and pocket the rest.
>>
Windows 7 ultimate or windows 10 ltsc? Is there any major functionally loss for using win7?
>>
File: 123.jpg (202 KB, 535x514)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
Seems I've used a 32-bit Linux OS on a CPU that apparently has co-op mode for 32-bit and 64-bit. How much performance have I been missing out on?
>>
File: lisp.jpg (52 KB, 320x240)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>70949817
What is the Lisp and/or Scheme and/or Racket equivalent of the following program:
>x=0
>print("input counter")
>while true:
> a=input()
> x=x+1
> print(x)
> print(a)
?
>>
File: 1531986668182.jpg (97 KB, 640x640)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Firefox uses 50% cpu simply scrolling.
I have hw accel force enabled, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?
>>
>>70949817
Conceptually speaking, is it correct to think of a type as an infinite list/array?
>>
>>70967132
Also, is it correct to think of a list/array as a structure/objects whose parameters are named as numbers?
>>
>>70967132
No, that's not right. A type can be thought of as a set of values though. Whether or not sets overlap depend on your language's type system.
>>
>>70966828
What do you mean by co-op?
>>
>>70967289
well
>CPU: Pentium Dual-Core
>OS Architecture: i686
>CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2082978
>The first result (Architecture) points to your current installed system. Your current installed system is Ubuntu 32bit.
>The second result (CPU op-mode) is the capabilities of your CPU. So your CPU is 64 bit capable. You can install Ubuntu 64bit without a problem.
>>
>>70967432
Oh yeah using a 64 bit os is is gonna be significantly faster if you have 4GB of RAM or more.
>>
>>70967478
great. thank you so much
>>
Is there something like logicalincrements but for laptops?
>>
I have tried to install a program with this:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lzh9102/qwinff
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qwinff

but I get E: Package 'qwinff' has no installation candidate
How do I fix this?
>>
CPUs advanced until they hit about 5GHz, then stopped focusing on clock speed and started focusing on moar coars.

Question is, what happens when they reach a ridiculous number of cores that no program can utilise? When the recommended, 'gaming', price performance sweet spot is a 32 core 64 thread beast?

Will we ever see a 6GHz out of the box CPU?
>>
>>70967765
http://ppa.launchpad.net/lzh9102/qwinff/ubuntu/pool/main/q/qwinff/
That repo hasn't been updated in years, so there's no release for recent versions of ubuntu.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/disco/qwinff
19.04 seems to have it in their repos though.
>>
>>70967868
Then we're fucked. Frequency won't increase much more than it has unless we start using an entirely new process for fabricating chips.
>>
>>70967868
>Year 2100
>Introducing the Intel Core i27 10^14K
>The world's first gigacore processor
>Base clock speed 3.5GHz, boost clock 4GHz
>>
>>70967758
http://blog.logicalincrements.com/2019/04/best-gaming-laptops-buy-now-2019/
Anon...
>>
>>70967889
but why
>>
>>70967921
Circuits can only switch so quickly due to their physical properties.
>>
>>70968005
Overclockers can reach over 8GHz with liquid nitrogen. Couldn't there be a way to improve efficiency to the point where 7GHz on air is normal?
>>
>>70966790
DirectX 12 and WSL and some command prompt improvements off the top of my head.
>>
how long until you can create accounts again on the installgentoo wiki?
>>
>>70968023
Liquid nitrogen can get rid of a lot more energy than air can. Energy use and energy dissipation are the limiting factors regarding processor speed. Shrinking the components is a good way to reduce the energy consumption but they're reaching the atomic scale now.
>>
im trying to buy a replacement battery for my laptop and have no idea what the fuck in doing. i assume it's the main factor behind crashes, the rare graphical flickering and a few keys on the keyboard no longer functioning. it's like buying a new saddle for a dying horse, but i really can't afford a new computer.

do i need to make sure the voltage is exactly the same and such? it's 10.95Vdc and 2670mAh. when i look up the model number, some third-party options come up but the Vdc and mAh are higher.
>>
>>70968023
Not that guy, but transistors perform differently at different temperatures. Cryogenic temperature is a requirement for running 8GHz. It's not just about being able to expand your power envelope.

A bigger problem is electricity can only travel in a straight line across a 15mm circuit about 100 billion times a second. Modern CPUs have propagation delay stages in their pipelines because the the speed of light is too slow to support the clock speeds we're already using without increasing branch prediction miss penalties. The real way forward is asynchrony. We've all but mined out the easy gains from process tech improvements.
>>
Will using blokada drain my battery faster than not using it?
>>
I'm thinking about setting up my first database cluster. Should I use HAProxy or ProxySQL? Which ones have you used, and why do you prefer it?

I'm going to use mysql nodes and it's not going to be balancing a lot of information yet. I just want to get the infrastructure down
>>
>>70967868
the CPU is only one part of the picture, memory bandwidth/latency is lagging behind more than ever, and bottlenecks a lot of applications.
>>
Did I just kill my microSD card, /g/?

>struggling to copy over file from S8 to laptop over USB
>while connected, try just copying it over to the SD card on the phone
>meanwhile navigate on laptop to phone SD card (before it finishes, it's a large file)
>after around 10 seconds, transfer just stops
>forget to close file manager before disconnecting USB cable (not sure if that made any difference)
>SD card no longer recognized on phone
>open and close tray a few times without luck
>try rebooting phone without luck
>try putting microSD card in adapter and connect to laptop
>'fdisk - l'
>I don't see it
Had a bunch of music and backup of phone, so I didn't really lose anything unless the idiocy that is Android had any critical files in there from some apps.

Anyway, wat do? Can I save it?
>>
>>70968601
Why don't you use something like Primitive-FTPD?
>>
>>70968694
Because usually cable just werks. Anyway, a bit late for that (I have since transferred the file in question over cable). Also irrelevant.
>>
File: limes.jpg (34 KB, 450x600)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>70962000
Thought so when I looked at it, most of the cheaper good-looking ones have mixed reviews about build or sound quality. I've already got a USB-MIDI adapter for recording too, I'll have a look around to see if anywhere is cheap
thanks anon
>>
why in the fuck does windows 10 set everything to read-only, and why do i keep getting access denied when trying to change it the properties as an administrator that is the only user on the computer?
>>
What's a decent webcam? I want to finally get one but there are so many and a lot seem kind of shitty
>>
>>70967889
Would moving away from x86/amd64 make any difference at all? How much is it restricting modern CPU design?
>>
How the fuck do i actually use regex without pulling my hair out? Every example i see is just arcane fucking symbols with not explanation.

I have a format ":abc def" where abc and def are just any string of letters, and i'm trying to match the abc without matching the def.
It was pretty easy to get it to match "abc " with "[^: ]+ " but I've been trying to get rid of that fucking space for the last half an hour and i just can't come up with anything.

Is there a way to say tell it to match up to but NOT including a space?
>>
Update. 'dmesg' shows the following:
nmc0: card never left busy state
nmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

>>70968601
>>
Hi hi hi sql question here

I'm storing browser information using SQL. Should I set up a table with all browsers and then use foreign keys to pair them with requests? Or should I just store the name of the browser in a varchar. I might be premature ally optimizing. What do you think?
>>
HOW THE FUCKING FUCK DO YOU TURN SECONDS TO FUCKING MINUTES:SECONDS IN LIBREOFFICE ?
[CODE]
A11
=AVERAGE(A1:A10)
600 SECONDS
[/code]
Hopw the FUCK do you format this bullshit?
HH::MM says its over 100 hours
H:MM says its over 100000 hours

Why is this broken as shit allowed to exist?
>>
Is there a way to get the file list in a github's repository using just a URL, without an API key or whatever?
>>
>>70969460
>LIBREOFFICE
kekd
>>
>>70969116
\w+\b

This should grab the letters you need. You should use regex101.com to test out your regexes faster!
>>
Do laptops experience burn in as frequently as phones do?
>>
uhh hello i've tried everything else so now i'm here.
I have these horrible pc crashes and freezes, that do not leave an error message in windows event viewer. The crashes/freezes occur almost every time I try to play my favorite game (TWW2) and occasionally when I am doing other stuff, like youtube vids or browsing gelbooru.
i built my pc, it's 5 years old, i have a Asus z97-a mobo, a nvidia 1070 Ti, and a 550W evga supernova power supply.
I have tried replacing the power supply, I have tried updating all drivers and BIOS(from nvidia and asus websites), I have tried running chkdsk/memtest from a USB.

i do not know what to do. does anyone know what i can do next?

after I crash/freeze I usually get a blue screen that says error:MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION, but not always.
>>
>>70970150
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION is a general error that you get on the BSOD (blue screen of death) that tells you what category of error it is
What you REALLY want to diagnose this error is what you get in the Minidump file.
First, do a little bit of googling on how to configure windows to save Minidump files, and start up your game.
When windows logs encounters a BSOD it will now write a file detailing everything it can about the error, it won't show just MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.
I've encountered MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION before and it generally happens when a new software installation or update changes your graphic settings, and it definitely sounds like a graphics problem sounding like what you described
>>
My laptop gets faded black bars across the screen & freezes (visually, the rest of the functions continue as normal) randomly and in order to use it, I have to put pressure on certain areas of the computer & hold it in certain ways to use it.

Its a Lenovo 180 degree touchscreen; I'm thinking the ribbon cable or whatever connector is loose but I'm not really familiar with the guts of these laptop/tablet devices. Has anyone ever come across this issue, is this an easy fix with a spare part? Can't find any forum post with the same problem.
>>
>>70970150
disable your GPU and boot off dedicated graphics. does the error still occur? try and isolate the problem
>>
>>70965723
out of range? wrong frequency? unsupported encryption method? unsupported wifi standard? filtered MAC?
>>
File: 1546667551076.png (15 KB, 564x257)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Anyone knows more detailed regedit location for editing variables in windows precision touchpad? The ms documentation I found on google is outdated and I can't even find the setting to change sensitivity there. It's def not pict related because you only change the sensitivity based on 4 defined options there, and what I want is like level(?) change of sensitivity from 0-1000 or something.
>>
>>70970316
Pictures are too big to post

Imgur gallery of pictures: https://imgur.com/a/XWLHOV3

Also if I leave it, it fades to grey
>>
SHOULD I LEARN JAVA????????????????????????????
>>
>>70970511
Yes.
>>
>>70970131
Burn-in is a problem mostly for OLED displays (and plasmas, but they're extinct).

>>70970511
No.
>>
>>70970345
i dont know how to do this. i tried booting in safe mode and that worked just fine, could even play my game on really shit graphics, but i couldn't change anything useful

>>70970228
thanks for the tips. i'm going to try this now, but it's supposed to be writing to C:Windows\MEMORY.DMP , but that folder or file doesn't exist. folder 'Minidump' exists, but that's empty. i don't know why they have disappeared.
I hope you bros are around to analyze my dump file when I get one.
>>
>>70959115
bump
>>
I built a new PC recently and stole a windows activation with KMSpico and got it infected with malware like a fucking retard.
I formatted the drives and reinstalled windows but I'm paranoid now.
Anything I should look out for when it comes to virus activity other than slowdowns and shit like that? I'm eyeing every little thing my PC's doing, I could swear the cpu fan is running a little louder but I check hwmonitor and it tells me they're at ~650rpm with temps at about mid 30s sometimes jumping to high 40s on one or two cores out of six at a time.
Also when I open task manager cpu usage is at about 60-75% and then quickly drops down to about 5%. I don't know what that means.
I'm probably just being paranoid but this is driving me crazy.
>>
>>70970458
>>70970316
There were missing screws, re-arranged and tightened them so it holds the case better - problem went away.
>>
File: 1-500x500.jpg (48 KB, 500x326)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Many of my laptop keys are either jammed and wont work unless I mash them hard a few times, or don't work at all. Is this a problem I can fix myself with replacement keys or do I need to take it to a shop?

This may or may not be related to another problem I have where my laptop has an oval shade on the screen that won't go away, that happened either in shipping or when I fell over while it was in my bag.
>>
File: Capture.png (95 KB, 1578x770)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>70970615
does it mean anything if there is a horrid sound when your PC freezes? like audio skipping, idk how to describe it
here is my dump file, but i do not know what this means.
>>
>>70966828
64bit can be significantly faster at certain things
there's no reason to use a 32bit os on a 64bit-capable cpu, even with less than 4GB ram
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu-1710-x8664&num=2
>>
What's a lightweight browser that's still getting updated for XP?
>>
>>70970862
Why do you still use XP?
>>
>>70970886
Old computer that has too little RAM to run 7 and can't install a lightweight distro due to having to run some sensitive Windows based programs.
Please just answer the question if you know it.
>>
>>70970615
A simple (but requires the effort of opening your computer up) way to do this is open your machine up, literally disconnect the GPU, plug your monitor cable into the motherboard, and windows will try its best to switch for you
They started doing this on Win10 because dumbasses were buying graphics cards, installing them, and not plugging the monitor cable into the motherboard so they got no performance from them lmao, so now windows will try and deliver the "best" performance it can regardless of the port.
>>
>>70970823
https://pastebin.com/0kXAA3gJ
>>
>>70970131
Nope. I've never had burn-in issues on any laptop, although I guess one of those ones with OLED might run into troubles.
>>
>>70970511
You can, I guess. C# is way comfier in my experience though.
>>
Found a Dell XPS15 few weeks ago, and no one came to pick it up. Apparently it’s worth $1800 new. Should I sell or keep? Current laptop is a W520.
>>
>>70971049
Send it to me
>>
>>70971061
I dunno man. Doesn’t /g/ hate touch screen laptops?
>>
>>70971049
do you want or need a new laptop in any capacity? I'd say keep it if you do.

>>70971070
/g/ usually just hates whatever it can't afford
>>
>>70967478
>>70970832
I HAVE INSTALLED A 64-BIT SYSTEM NOW AND THE DIFFERENCE IS FUCKING IMMENSE
>>
>>70970823
The hal.dll fail (very top) is probably the biggest concern. hal.dll is for hardware mapping - it's what windows kernel uses to talk to hardware. Over time this can become corrupt.. which may make you fully install the OS with a setup disk. I hope it doesn't come to that, try doing what >>70970979 and >>70970345 suggested
If they're right, it could be a bad video card or configuration issue of the particular graphics card.

If you're computer savvy consider booting from a live mint/ubuntu image and performing a 3D acceleration / FPS test with the gears.
If it breaks when windows ISN'T EVEN RUNNING you might have a bad card.
If it doesn't break when in Linux you've isolated it to a Windows issue
>>
File: 1496449914486.jpg (496 KB, 667x1000)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
You turn off your computer for the night. You wake up in the morning, and it won't turn on. It's just a blue screen. What do you do?

I have such a fear of this happening to me because it happened to me with at least 5 laptops as a kid growing up. (Granted I downloaded a lot of dogshit). I've had my current computer for 5 years and no problems, but I'm still very scared of this happening every time I turn it on.
>>
>>70971252
Beta cracker
>>
>>70971146
>>70967478
benchmarks here >>70971446
>>
Is there a reason not to try to score as many certs as possible?
>>
I currently have a GTX 1080 with a 60hz 1080p monitor, should I get a better monitor with more hz or more resolution? Should I get a G-sync monitor?
>>
>>70961902
I went to bed so you may be gone, but let's see, how did you positively determine that windows updating without permission can brick your OS? What were the causes of your other BSoDs?
>>
>>70949817
Why wont IceCat let me log into Sync. It worked just fine hours ago on Xubuntu. I'm on Fedora 30 now.
>>
>>70971252
There could be any number of reasons your computer doesn't boot. Determining why is an entire process called "troubleshooting." Depending on the problem, troubleshooting can require a significant degree of technical knowledge of both hardware and software.

Based on your question, you should bring it to a person who has this knowledge and pay them to figure it out. How to find such a person with accuracy is somewhat hard though.
>>
>>70972320
1440p is nice. Freesync is cheaper than gsync.
>>
Next thread:
>>70972493
>>70972493
>>70972493
>>
>>70970821
There are tutorials on youtube on keyboard replacement. Try to look up your laptop model.
>>
File: 1557742534791.png (115 KB, 276x230)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
Any tips for looking out for any form of a virus? Keylogger, Trojan etc
I'm using windows 10 with malwarebytes and it doesn't detect anything supicous, i visited a few porn sites once that i know are safe but I'm still paranoid
>>
>>70949817

In data warehousing, which one of these takes actual disk space, table dimensions or tablespace?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.