[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: bigteddy.jpg (74 KB, 460x600)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Previous thread
>>70910523

>Read
>>51971506

>GNU/Linux questions?
>>>/g/fglt

>PC building?
>>>/g/pcbg

>Programming questions?
>>>/g/dpt

>Good, cheap, laptops?
>>>/g/tpg

>Cheap electronics?
>>>/g/csg

>Buying headphones?
>>>/g/hpg

>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
https://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
https://pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
https://pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
https://pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
>>
>>70928111
>>70928170
help
>>
>install Ubuntu 19.04
>"which vim" returns nothing
>"which vi" returns /usr/bin/vi
>running vi opens a program identifying itself as "VIM - Vi IMproved"
>says it's "Running in Vi compatible mode"

For what fucking purpose?

I guess I need to create an alias "vim" which runs "vi" (which is really vim) with that compatibility mode disabled. I know I can type ":set nocp" to disable compatibility mode, but what argument do I use to disable compatibility mode when starting it? I thought the correct argument was "-N" so I tried running "vi -N" but that doesn't do it.
>>
File: docker-official.png (87 KB, 1200x1007)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
if I have service running in a docker
do I need to open smtp ports to be able to send emails from it?
>>
>>70928123

I feel your pain and I am glad you figured it out. I tried installing WINE in ubtuntu and I eventually just gave up because that HQ page misled the fuck out of me. Maybe, since I have seen you were able to do it, I will try installing it again.
>>
I edited my bashrc file to include two aliases to check battery statuses in command line. Now my shortcuts super+w, super+t, and super+e do not work? The super button still functions for other things, eg super+arrow still moves windows and shit, pressing super alone still brings the alt-tab style menu. What the fuck happened to my other (default) shortcuts though?
>>
>>70928291
Replying to my own post here. I fucked around and figured it out.

"vi --help" output includes:
> --cmd <command> Execute <command> before loading any vimrc file
> -c <command> Execute <command> after loading the first file

Running
>vi --cmd ":set nocp"
still results in compatibility mode.

Running
>vi -c ":set nocp"
successfully disables compatibility mode.

Based on that, I assume compatibility mode was being set by some vimrc file, which is probably why "-N" didn't work.

For now, I'll just create an alias "vim" which runs "vi" with the "-c" command above, but it's absolutely absurd that I have to do this. Who should I want to smack in the face? An Ubuntu developer? Or does Debian also include a vim which pretends to be vi?
>>
>>70928322
C:\Users\x>docker run -ti alpine
/ # ping www.google.com
PING www.google.com (216.58.205.196): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 216.58.205.196: seq=0 ttl=37 time=449.673 ms
64 bytes from 216.58.205.196: seq=1 ttl=37 time=455.379 ms

I'd say no
>>
>>70928466
I would as well
as I understand it, the ports are needed open only when the outside world is trying to connect to "the thing"
sending email is not that...

so as long as I have internet connectivity and dns work.. it should just work
>>
File: 1545670464092.jpg (33 KB, 620x640)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
What's the least retarded way to clean up a monitor?
>>
Can I make qutebrowser automatically open all youtube link in mpv?
>>
>>70928982
I always use alcohol pads, but I'm probably retarded.
>>
>>70928431
Apparently Ubuntu comes with vim-tiny which, as far as I can tell, is a stripped-down version of vim which provides only vi functionality.

You can just install the full version of vim with
>sudo apt install vim

I don't know if vim-tiny should be uninstalled first.
>>
>>70928565
First off, why do you want to do this because it sounds retarded.
Second off, there's a variety of ways to do it and it really depends on your usecase
right off the bat i can think of two
>two vectors of shared pointers
>one vector of normal objects and the other of reference wrappers/raw pointers
this one is basically a vector and a "vector view"

alternatively if you want to ensure that there are no duplicated intersections use sets instead of vectors
>>
>>70928982
I'd like to know as well. My monitor is fairly new and I'd like to avoid fucking it up. I try not to touch it but dust and (since I'm not the only person in my house) smudges are inevitable.

I have a little microfiber cloth somewhere. Is that basically what I should use?
>>
File: 1543821354824.png (257 KB, 604x613)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>go to the "I know what you torrent website"
>shows some of my recent downloads
>alongside some REALLY fucking shady stuff neither me or anyone who uses my internet could've downloaded

What the fuck, is the site intentionally scamming me into thinking my IP downloaded something it didn't (some of the details are missing which are present on the stuff that I actually downloaded) or have I been "hacked" in some way?
>>
>>70929127
I think I looked at the same site. It showed nothing for my IP. I have no idea if it's trying to scam you but it seems unlikely.

Are you SURE that nobody who uses your internet connection downloaded something shady?

Could someone be using your WiFi without your knowledge? If your WiFi doesn't have a password then I would assume someone used it without your permission but I can't imagine anyone not having a WiFi password in 2019 so I'll assume that's not your problem.
>>
>>70929127
>>70929175
Also, do you even have a static IP? If your IP is dynamic then... well, my networking knowledge is shit, but I assume that means someone else might have had your IP before you had it.
>>
Did chrome update its address bar functions recently? For the past week or so, the things I type there have changed their suggestions completely. Normally I'd type a letter and press enter and be brought to a site I commonly use. But now all of a sudden, it's changed so that it'll google something I searched for once instead. I can't even get to google properly anymore. For years I've typed G and pressed enter to get there, but now when I do that it does a google search for "girl" even though I've never searched for just that word. What the hell is going on and how do I fix it?
>>
Any good books for learning SQL?
>>
>>70929175
>>70929192
It's a static IP, and I do have a password, but I live in a fairly sparsely inhabited area and the people who use my internet basically don't know how to use torrents at all. The site shows some of the stuff I downloaded and some harmless torrents I never did, but then a few really fucking damning things that make me think I'm way beyond the "on a list" level. My problem with what it's showing is that all the harmless torrents it shows (both the ones I did download and the ones I didn't) show a size of the download in gigabytes, except the few shady ones which show nothing, makes me think it's some sort hoax but I'm really worried regardless.
>>
what 3.1 modem should I get?
looking between sb8200, mb8600, and cm1000.

wireless router recs would be appreciated too.
>>
>>70929175
>>70929192
>>70929278
Also all the torrents I know I didn't download are grouped together and shown like they were downloaded in the same second of the same day
>>
File: 4chan x.png (24 KB, 708x101)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
I remember getting the errors in my pic about a month or so ago, and even after disabling the network service flag, 4chan X was still not working properly for me. I figured maybe there was some sort of issue that still needed to be fixed on the development side, so I uninstalled it and used the native extension instead. I reinstalled 4chan X today and I'm still getting the same error. The page still doesn't refresh after I submit a post either, which is annoying.

Is there anything I can do to actually get this fixed? I just want this shit to work.
>>
>>70929344
My apologies, I get "Connection error while posting. [More info]" after posting. Regardless, it isn't working as expected.
>>
Lets say i have ATT as my mobile service provider.
Does everybody with ATT as their mobile service provider have the same IP address when it comes to using their data plan for browsing the web? Would only be in my state or area?
Reason is because I can’t post using it sometimes. At one point, “i” was banned for posting CP on a board I never use.
>>
>>70928111
How can I register a Goygle account without giving out my phone number? Is there a free SMS verification service that actually works with it?
>>
I have a network share that I want to be available to Android apps as file saving location. I used Android samba client and my share appears now in stock file explorer but it's impossible to designate it as saving path in any other app. wat do?
>>
File: 1537962675470.png (319 KB, 1028x880)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
This is more of a philosophical question about windows 10 and life. Is it wrong to give up trying to fix it after it starts shitting itself and you ruled out hardware? Because it's suddenly giving me a lot of BSODs with "critical process died" and I have no idea what's causing them and I have absolutely no energy anymore to find out. I reinstalled because of BSODs last time and it was different errors.

At this point, I just pack my shit and go. This install is only 2 months old. I am fucking sick and tired.
>>
>>70929402
You can have maybe a few thousand active users on a single IP before the ephemeral port situation gets sketchy.
>>
File: 1547072925268.jpg (38 KB, 554x557)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Does the type of Ethernet cable effect ping at all? I have this very old lengthy red cable that I use to connect my computer to my router. Would getting a new cable give me better ping? For years in every multiplayer game I've played my ping has always been above 100. Will even getting a shorter cable have any effect on my ping?
>>
>>70930284
A bad Ethernet cable can cause packet loss, but that's not the same thing. Are you running P2P software while you game? Maybe do a tracert to one of your game servers and see how long it takes to get off your ISP's network.
>>
How can I tell if my network card is dead on my motherboard? I assume it is, but I want to make definitely sure before I RMA this piece of shit. I have both Linux and Windows partitions installed. Yesterday the net just went down, and now it doesn't even detect the LAN cable is plugged in...
>>
>>70930384
try different cables and try the cable in another machine. if you get the same result, it's the cable. if it works in another machine your LAN port is dead. as for wifi, it'll either work or not.
>>
>>70929787
Why don't you try win7 then? I'd do that, under the assumption Linux can't run the programs you need.
How are you sure it's not hardware?
>>
Just installed W10 on my Dell XPS15 and my wifi isnt working. I installed a wifi driver from Dell’s website and it’s still no working. When i dualboot to ubuntu it works, however.
>>
I need an adhesive ring to prevent further cracks in a disc.
https://www.rubberdisc.com/product-page/copy-of-copy-of-100-hub-protectors
I found these "hub protectors" but the smallest quantity is 50 for $25 and I don't want that many.
Are these known by another name? Can anyone suggest alternatives?
>>
>>70929787
Yes, it's not that hard to repair the install with DISM. That should fix the BSODs assuming it's some sort of corruption issue.
>>
File: Selection_317.png (25 KB, 502x440)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
How do you interpret this question? Both A and B register a broadcast receiver, but the question makes no mention of receivers. So I have no idea whether "registering a broadcast" refers to sending or receiving a broadcast
>>
any solution for a broken screen 4k sony tv?
they dont sell the replacement screen online
sell for parts the only option?
>>
File: 1550957717099.jpg (50 KB, 540x595)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>70928111
For whatever reason my wifi settings are not showing.

I moved to a new place and when I try to connect to the internet no wifi or airplane mode options are available, not even in settings.

I tried checking out my wireless driver but for whatever reason it is not there either. I decided to try downloading a new driver to install/update but when I used dxdiag it shows no motherboard information.

I don't no what to do here. Should I just reboot the fuck out of my machine?
>>
Is it worth it to buy a second 1060 to hold me over for a few years until I'm ready to make a more significant GPU upgrade?
>>
File: 20190504_231226.jpg (3.26 MB, 4032x3024)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
can anyone explain how my 8gb gpu gained 100mb of vram?
>>
I have an old Windows 7 installation on my SATA SSD, and I've recently installed Windows 10 on a new NVME SSD. I use the one-time boot menu to boot the UEFI W10 drive when I want, but whenever I restart/shutdown the computer and attempt to boot the legacy W7, it takes an abhorrent amount of time (and the computer usually reboots itself before it manages to get W7 going). This only happens when I'm booting into W7 after using W10- why is this?
>>
>>70930851
Plz help.
>>
>desktop gtx 1050 has 2gb of vram
>mobile gtx 1050 has 4gb of vram
for what purpose
>>
>>70931215
The same way your CPU gained 400MB of RAM.
>>
What to do when you have no professional references to list?

Have a decade experience in IT but I've been self-employed for the past three years (online retail/services) with no real interaction with clients, customers, vendors, etc. Never made any meaningful connections at previous employers. I'm way overqualified for most jobs I'm applying to but just have no references.
>>
How do i know if i've the necessary skills to be a mid-level programmer? During college i had way more confidence than i've now, with 2 years of experience working in web dev (shitty area, i know). Dunno way... even though the problems aren't complex as the ones from college, i still get anxious at every request, in a way like "shitty, now i'll flop".
When do you gain confidence? Or when did you lost, if you had it previously.
>>
>>70932235
A portfolio and applying to jobs that require an on-line test or white board test? But i guess you already know all of that.
>>
>>70932261
I'm in systems/networking, not programming.
>>
File: pgroups_taskmgr.png (63 KB, 312x343)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
A lot of programs use a single core to do everything. And most of the time this is core 0.
Are there any utilities on W7 that can set the affinity of these singlethreaded programs such that it spreads them out evenly across all cores?

For instance, Firefox, explorer and Winamp are all single-threaded applications. Is there a program that can set the affinities of these to utilise cores 0, 1 and 2 respectively?

I imagine this would cut down on the number of scenarios where multiple applications are all fighting for CPU time on the same core.
>>
help me anon, ur my only hope

how tf do i remove this thing from my icons without having to download shit
>>
>>70932749
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3606-shortcut-arrow-change-remove-restore.html

literally 5 seconds on google
>>
I don't know shit about technology-

If the wifi signal is pretty poor throughout my new house when not in direct sight of the main modem, is there something I can buy to plug into the ethernet/coax jacks throughout the house to boost the signal?
>>
What do you use to format SD cards? Formatting with Windows itself destroys anything I format and permanently reduces capacity to 100MB.
>>
>>70928982
Alcohol based wipes + once it’s dry and clean use micro fibre cloth. That’s how I do it and works every time.
>>
>>70931353
You probably had the 7 SSD attached while you did the 10 install. Never have any other drives attached when installing windows. It ties their bootloaders together and makes shit retarded.
>>
>>70931202
Absolutely not.
>>
So every time I go on 4chan, I can't load images on hover (says "File no longer exists(404)."), can't expand them, but I can open them in a new tab.
I'm on windows10 firefix with privacy badger which seems to be the culprit, specifically it's blocking is2.4chan.org by default, but this is "new" behavior.
I wanted to know if this is something others are having/noticed or if I did something wrong on my end somewhere.
>>
>>70933442
happened to me with ublock matrix
>>
File: retard.png (246 KB, 547x671)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
Powershell & CMD -> Bash
New Windows Terminal -> ???

I'm blanking out here. Help me guys.
>>
I got a DUI in California and just got out of the slammer this afternoon. should I get a lawyer?
>>
>>70928111
hm ok i will fuck him
>>
>>70933712
php
>>
I need to turn off my clock synchronization for a homework assignment. I am on arch and I stopped the ntpd service with systemd, is this enough?
>>
Is there a great way to watch flash content on windows right now? Cinemax's streaming site still uses flash but the performance is ass in every browser I've tried, lots of frame drops.
>>
>>70933391
No I definitely had the drives separated when I installed W10. Is there a way to unfuck the bootloader?
>>
is there any way to remove the extra side pages on the lock screen on a redmi note 7 without rooting? i dont want the camera or the flashlight/mi home/mi remote pages
>>
File: 1539704131739.png (228 KB, 923x606)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
I live in the middle of nowhere and there is a Verizon tower with extremely fast LTE near my house, but the broadband speeds are only max 400Kbps.
I need a laptop that can take a sim card so that I can have actual useable internet, so I'm looking at the thinkpad carbon x1 with the LTE feature
Are there any other better LTE capable laptops than the thinkpad carbon x1 that anyone would reccomend?
>>
Does anyone have advice about audio levels when recording gameplay ?
I'm not sure how big the difference between commentary and gameplay should be when recording.
>>
>>70934640
Why don't you just get a hotspot instead of a laptop that costs twice what it should?
>>
File: 986r.jpg (8 KB, 192x263)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
how do i alias

> SUDO vim
to
> sudo nvim
i have an alias in place but it doesnt work when its called with sudo
>>
Can someone upload a copy of prime95 v26.6? I can't find it anywhere on the internet, the official download link is dead.
>>
>>70928111
ping -c 3 www.google.com
Temporary failure in name resolution
What did my fresh install of Arch mean by this?
>>
is the a android keyboard that
a) doesn't suck and has good autocorrect
b) doesn't get mad when i try to type everything in lowercase including i etc
>>
>>70935255
try
ping 1.1.1.1
ping 8.8.8.8

Temporary failure in name resolution
> name resolutions
its DNS
>>
>>70935099
put
export SUDO_EDITOR='nvim'
in .bash_profile, relog
use
sudo -e file
to edit files
>>
File: 1557599331477.jpg (64 KB, 758x644)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>70935377
apparently I needed to install dialog for the wifi-menu, which was something that came in the iso
>>
Is it just me or is
youtube-dl
broken for new videos (and by extension
mpv --ytdl
)

youtube-dl "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcaXm9dgcpI"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Any Aussies with NBN here?

Why is this box necessary? It seems a bit ridiculous that I'm going to need to have practically 2 modems now.
>>
>>70935554
NTD interfaces to the fiber network, this routes your local LAN. You can connect straight to your active UNI-D, but obviously that will only be one device, no WLAN etc.
>>
>>70935548
Probably. Update it.
>>
>>70929127

If we're talking about "iknowwhatyoudownload" dot dom, then in my experience it's been accurate for me. Quite hilarious too to be able to jump around to other similar IP addresses (grouped geographically) to see what bizarre porn my neighbours are downloading.

I just checked now and it's listing three torrent that I did downloading, one of which I didn't complete. I don't see anything bizarre listed or anything that I don't think I downloaded. I disabled my addblock for a moment and didn't see any ads, I thought that perhaps you were a victim of someone trying to sell VPN's.

All I can think of is that someone somehow connected to your network via wifi, or somebody somehow spoofed your IP address when downloading those files.

Take a screenshot of the downloads it's listed for you, conceal any private info, and let us see what it looks like.
>>
>>70935631
There's something going on with my network, for some reason the bestaudio stream won't load unless I'm using a vpn
Weird stuff
>>
>>70929127
You haven't been hacked. When you download a torrent you connect to a peer network and your ip is visible to the peers. This website monitors public trackers and logs what IPs connect to them and what torrents they're downloading.
I think you can get around it by reporting a different IP to the tracker. I have this in my qbittorrent preferences (bottom line) and nothing I've downloaded is showing up on that website for me.
>>
Why do people dislike working on the frontend when working on webdev stuff ?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6YdAytVTEE

Can i use gimp to remove watermarks or do i need to download photoshop?

im talking specifically about this fill option he does on the signature in the video
>>
>>70935690
reporting a different IP to the tracker also breaks peers trying to connect to you. you dirty leecher
>>
>>70935796
There is a similar plugin, Resynthesizer https://www.codepool.biz/content-aware-fill-photoshop-vs-gimp.html
>>
>>70935811
Alright cool ill check it out, ive been using the clone tool on some pictures and it ruins the pictures and you can tell its been photoshopped

i want them looking as clean as possible
>>
File: ikwyd.jpg (299 KB, 1127x594)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>70935646
Here's a screenshot, the OPM episode at the end is the only thing I've actually downloaded, the rest of the torrents I've never heard of, they all apparently happened at the same second, and the torrents highlighted in red are about the worst thing you can imagine, I censored the titles in order not to be associated with the shit even through some hypothetical OCR surveillance of 4chan or the archives (the red ones also don't have the sizes shown for some reason). I also censored the innocuous looking stuff I'm too afraid to Google at this point. I have User Account Control turned on for every attempt to load a magnet link so this makes it even more confounding to me, none of it ever appeared on my devices in any way as far as I'm aware.

>>70935690
I just don't want this shit I have nothing to do with associated with me, and to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future. I don't know what to do, ignore it and hope nothing comes of it, revamp my entire home network/security and all the devices, ask my ISP what to do (they're a small local company) although I fear it would only make it worse.
>>
>>70935863

If the red stuff is CP or something, write an email to yourself detailing that you have NEVER downloaded this stuff, and that you've just discovered this page today. Use that for any future legal protection. I would NOT go approaching your ISP or police or anything like that, because that will only entangle you with people who might want to come after you who otherwise wouldn't. (Watch the video lecture "don't talk to police" on youtube). Make a clear record for yourself, though, that you've discovered this now, never downloaded it, and anything that could corroborate this (such as being asleep or away during the time of download), email it to yourself so that the date and time are recorded in an objective manner, and don't share the email with anyone unless it's absolutely necessary.

My idea would be that if police genuinely suspected you of being involved in this shit, they would simply get ISP records and then get a court order\warrant to search your computers. This anons explanation seems to make a lot of sense >>70935690

In future you could get a remote seedbox and just download directly to that, but if spoofing has taken place, that wouldn't necessarily stop this happening in future if >>70935690 is correct.

The reality is that anyone could CLAIM anything about you, and put up pseudo-logs, and it looks worse when it's combined with stuff you might actually download - but claiming is a different thing to proving.
>>
>>70932786
do this work in da windowz 10
>>
Is there a way to search for keywords in several PDF files at once in Linux mint?
>>
Is the 1440p actually 2K or not?
>>
>>70935898
Okay, thanks, I'll write the email for future reference, and avoid bringing it up with anyone unless necessary. I'll keep monitoring the page to see if any further incidents happen, would inquiring about an IP change with my ISP without giving a reason be a smart idea or would it only worsen things? I live in a fairly small country and I've personally never heard of police or an ISP taking action against something like this but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I fear that getting implicated into this in any way would ruin my reputation regardless of how innocent I am. I genuinely appreciate the help, thanks.
>>
>>70936138

You could ask your ISP, but I think ISP's can often be funny about asking for static IP address changes, so they might ask you a reason, and they'll probably charge a small fee. Search their website to look for options. You could ask, but have some excuse ready at hand and don't mention the torrenting thing.

I think the problem with that site is that it's Russian or something, so contacting them to complain might not achieve much. Maybe you could try emailing them from gmail or something (to obscure your IP address) and ask if they'll remove entries that aren't accurate. Again, this in itself might cause issues.

Personally I would just ignore it unless somebody else claimed to have seen it. It's unfortunate but there doesn't seem to be much you can do, other than get a remote seedbox and don't torrent from that IP address again. I do believe that the records are 'wiped' after a certain period (might be 6 months?), because it doesn't show many of my older downloads that I know it showed in the past. So if you start using a remote seedbox, then nobody will be able to stop things they know you'd download, which would at least make it harder for people to believe that it was actually you who downloaded the red torrents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE
>>
>>70929549
wait about 10 hours of using the same IP address and frequently using google services (like google search or youtube) and try then
they do let you sign up without a number but it works on a risk system and you have to wait for your IP address to enter the 'good' pool (the method i described isnt the only way, i dont know the details, but that way has worked for me numerous times)
>>
>>70930284
If the ping is 100ms from you to the router you have problems yes, from your touer to the internet then obviously the cable isn't part of the equation
>>
I've been digging into Tor lately, to see what all there is, trying to find non illegal stuff to see what there is, but almost every other link I click on is broken. If a link isn't broken it's just a text wall or some old as 90's style boring ass forum.

Is it remotely true that the deepweb/dark net has as much shit on it as people claim it does? I've heard this for years but everytime I get on, no links work.
>>
>>70936279
Okay, I'll just ignore it and hope nothing comes of it, it has been two weeks since then after all and no signs of anything yet. I'll stop torrenting and look into a seedbox, and I'll watch the video lecture later today, thank you again, you've helped put my mind at ease.
>>
What would be the best way to connect my desktop to the smart TV that is in my living room without cables so i can stream games and movies on it without having to take my laptop and plug it in? Miracast? Chromecast?
>>
My external drive decided to shit itself out of nowhere like 5 months after I got it.
When I have it connected externally, it shows up in the usb device thing in windows (except whereas before it would show "easystore" followed by disk drive shit, now it just shows easystore), and the partition manager shows the entire disk as unallocated, When I connect it internally, the disk spins, but doesn't seem to show up in any form in the BIOS or in Windows (that I could find at least).
Is there anything I can do to recover my shit before RMAing it besides sending it in to a recovery service?
>>
>>70936138
Dude it's a third party website, as long as you KNOW you haven't downloaded anything that can get you into trouble then what's the problem?
>>
>>70936279
yeah it doesn't seem like it keeps it around for that long, the records for me only go back to mid april. Also most of the things on there weren't even downloaded by me.
>>
>>70936512
notevil is a good search engine that keeps tabs on sites existence
>>
>>70936633
I figure they only see and display what is publicly available, and if they can see it I assume my ISP can see it and potentially take action. I didn't personally highlight the worst links, they're tagged in red on the random website, so I assume the pure association could potentially automatically flag me with the ISP or worse with no human intervention necessary.
>>
How to become a technology God?
>>
I want to start and try to create a simple game as a fun project but I have no coding knowledge. Is it absolutely necessary to know coding? The game I’m thinking is going to be in 3D, 1st person. What do you anons recommend for me to start with?
>>
>>70934425
based
>>
>>70936712
stop watching anime
>>
>>70936705
why not ask the people you let use your connection if they have been downloading any movies lately (say it was slowing your connection), monitor their response closely
>>
>>70936802
I know they're not capable of that, not just morally but technically as well. We see each other and talk every day and they don't really "hide" their devices or activity from me in any way. Plus the way the torrents are displayed is sketchy to me, all the ones I actually did download have accurate times and info etc, but then there's a group of 18 torrents that were apparently all downloaded at once to the second and there's 0 logical connection between them, even the innocent stuff is something none of us are interested in or have ever talked about, nor have I ever seen them watch it especially in the last two weeks. The activity doesn't look natural or organic so I suspect some outside influence e.g. spoofing or similar.
>>
is there a windows update downloader(WUD) equivalent for windows 8.1? An offline source for installing mass windows updates sequentially without an internet connection? My computer JUST itself and now I have to update all the drivers and installers one by one offline with what I have right now.
>>
File: 1555473564441.png (1.35 MB, 769x1310)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
How do I make 4chanx's Download Button save the 4chan name instead of the original file name?
>>
>>70936902
NTLite has an update downloader for 8.1
>>
>>70936956
>NTLite
th-thanks follow up where can I get a windows 8.1 preset keep in mind the limitations of a non working computer right now.
>>
>>70929110
definitely microfiber cloth only. all those idiots saying to use alcohol based shit on their monitors are fucking retarded btw.
>>
>>70936126
Not technically, no.
>>
>>70937035
just tick what you want to definitely keep in the Compatibility tab (on the remove components page), you can't remove an awful lot with the free version but enough to experiment
>>
>>70937035
>preset
What? btw WSUS Offline does what you want. There's also an option to skip telemetry updates.
>>
>>70928111
Is there anyway to download the official Windows 10 LTSC 1809 ISO directly from Microsoft without any sort of Licencing Agreement?
>>
Is it possible to switch between phone providers of different countries while keeping the phone number? I'm in Europe. Sorry if it's a stupid question.
>>
>>70937374
No. You can download mod sets and apply them to the Eval ISO, but then you're basically just downloading a different ISO from an unofficial source.
>>
is there an easy no programming knowledge needed way to have all my 4chan related urls turn up as 4chan instead of 4channel?
>>
>>70928123
>>70928332
>wine-stable
why?
if you're just using wine for games, you should use the development version of wine, or even staging
wine-stable is good for when you want to run your windows-only tax program or something, but if you care about new advances in support for modern games, you will want to use more cutting edge versions of wine
>>
>>70937485
overthrow Hiro
>>
>>70931215
>VRAM USED: -0.1GB
seems legit
>>
>>70934640
>I need a laptop that can take a sim card so that I can have actual useable internet
you know you can get LTE modems on their own, right? like ones that attach via usb
or y'know, a phone, which can that rebroadcast that over wifi, to your laptop
>>
>>70934640
just buy a 4g modem
>>
Every hour or so my pc loses signal and stops working, power led and pc remain ”on” but not really. It doesn’t shut off when it happens. Have to press the button to restart. Does this sound like a PSU problem? I’m on a fresh install of windows 10 I literally just installed because the system was corrupt and gave constant bsod, couldn’t even repair it with dism, it would just bsod.

I AM ABOUT TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF MY MAN
>>
>Palemoon with ccd0's 4chanX
>Turn on force noscript captcha
>Turn on all the relevant options in eMatrix
>Successfully do Captcha
>Attempt to post
>Shit's broke

>Turn off force noscript captcha
>Successfully do Captcha
>Attempt to post
>Works
What the fuck is going on here? It's been like this for months.
>>
File: dobredien.jpg (53 KB, 450x600)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
So i've had dual screen for my desktop for a good while but recently i bought a TV and plugged it into a 3rd slot on the GPU, but obviously that makes it just a third screen
I would like the TV to only display what the first screen does, how do i do that
>>
File: DESPAIR.jpg (23 KB, 474x355)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
How do I properly identify a motherboard or CPU defect? So I have this AM3 motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-970-UD3, phenom II x4 960T as the processor, a GTX 970 is the GPU. The PC started having shutdowns with my old HX 650 corsair PSU, especially under load, but sometimes without any heavy load.

So cool I buy a random EVGA shit PSU and the PC works like a charm, for 3 months. Then shutdowns come back, sometimes like before, the computer will simply not turn back on. Plugging/unplugging PSY cables sometimes will bring it back to life but shutdowns remain a constant threat.

So I imagine this is a PSU issue, and decide to go with a Seasonic G Series 550W PSU, I mean now that shit is supposed to be a pretty good and reputable product right? I put in on my PC, it turns out. Later it shuts down again and I'm fuming. This can't be right, it's not a PSU issue. I have tried another wall socket power outlet and same shit happens.

Switching current 2x4GB G Skill Sniper RAM sticks for old 2x2GB Kingston HyperX ones seems to incur in the same issues, switching that GTX 970 for an old HD 6850 also does not solve the shutdowns problem. So what's left for me to do? I checked the mobo capacitors for ones that look stuffed and they look pretty fine, there's one thing that looks like a "pill" on the mobo and it does look a little burned, it's next to the PCIe 16x slot that I use. Another thing I notice is that my GPU fans seem kinda quiet and my system is hella quiet even under load, as if the PC cannot run fans at high speed or something.

Regarding temperatures, HWINFO64 and CoreTemp do not accuse anything from overheating, CPU, mobo and GPU temps according to those programs don't even hit 50°C under load. I tried using a big fan blowing right on top of the open case and it did nothing. I have already switched the thermal paste on the CPU and the thing was running like 27°C at idle. What do I do, am I just fucking cursed?
>>
>>70937993
The motherboard could be fucked in some way, there's no way to really figure that out when random shutdowns start happening for no reason.
>>
File: 1340725393117.jpg (716 KB, 2713x2937)
716 KB
716 KB JPG
So, I have this weird issue where my download speed reaches 2mb/s tops when using Steam/Netflix/deluge, but when a game tries to download something(or playing an MMO), the speed goes to shit and hovers around 50kb/s for whatever reason, despite making sure that I'm not downloading anything; is there anything I can do to fix that? I'm on wifi with static IP btw.
>>
>>70937805
Back to bsod now, same fucking shit system service exception... I guess it’s hardware.
>>
>>70938130
Try a cabled connection and see if that fixes it, wifi can shit itself for no reason whatever.
>>
>>70928238
Use anydesk, faggot.
>>
File: htdpcars.png (457 B, 306x35)
457 B
457 B PNG
Anybody gone through HTDP? I started it recently, and so far it's been a really nice stepping stone from doing basic text IO stuff in C to making interactive programs.

I really like the approach. So far it's answering a lot of questions I've had about how "real" programs work. The exercises are perfectly laid out, they are challenging but always given with enough preparation that I can solve them without looking up any answers. It is very satisfying when I successfully do things like make my car go from one side the the other then stop when it hits the tree.

It is my desire to have good design habits and not just type out code and hope it all works. Seems to me this book is giving me that toolset.

I enjoy the child-like tone of the book. Something about it keeps me from taking it too seriously and approaching things with an inquisitive mindset.

I do find the HTDP fork of Scheme to be rather silly and overwrought. I really don't have the slightest interest in designing intricate images with it, and it seems like even just the begninner's library is too big and I have to parse through a lot of autistic crap I doubt I'll want to use.

Awesome book. Switching between it and my studies in C really gives me a 360 degree almond activation.
>>
>>70938253
GOD DAMN IT WRONG THREAD
>>
sup /g/
for the last several days, I click thumbnails on live threads and a pop-up says "file not found (404)" except the file is still hosted on 4channel because I can click the link and open it that way. but it usually will not let me enlarge thumbs inline like usual.
except it has let me, like, maybe 5 times since the issue started.
thanks
>>
What is the best way to recieve donations for a project ?
Is Patreon still the best choice or should I just opt for a paypal button or something like it ?
>>
one of my college professors has locked all the course notes/pdfs behind a password and he's not responding to my E-mails. I really need to revise some of these notes for tomorrow, is there any way to get around password protected pdf files?
>>
Is there any way to install the windows connect app on ltsc 2019 to project my phone to the pc?
>>
>>70936015
pdfgrep -e "keyword1" -e "keyword2"
>>
I want to connect two machines with 4x1GB port NICs to get 4gibt/s. Can I do just connect one of the NICs to the other, or do I need a switch in between?
Do I need a special switch that support link aggregation, or is it enough if my cards are 4 port?
If my idea is retarded, pls tell me better ways to make a network that can handle at least 300MB/s.
>>
File: crucial_p1.jpg (72 KB, 1280x853)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
I'm going to buy a 500gb Crucial P1 to use as a boot + media drive, with a 100gb Windows Partition and a 370gb partition for games and stuff.
Will it perform adequately?
The 500gb P1 SSD only costs 65€ or so and is 5€ cheaper than an 500gb mx500.
asking in here because /pcbg/ doesn't bother. AMD/Intel/Nvidia shitposting is much too important, I see.
>>
>>70936015
>>70938629
misread what you wanted
you can pdf2txt then append then grep
>>
>>70938738
if you don't plan on doing anything else with that thing it should be fine, but I wouldn't partition it
>AMD/Intel/Nvidia shitposting is much too important
welcome to /g/
>>
>>70937816
Did you also deactivate eMatrix's referer spoofing (I'm assuming it offers this functionality just like uMatrix)?
>>
>>70938762
>but I wouldn't partition it
why not?
I'd just like to have a 100gb partition for windows and another 370gb or so to mess around with.
>>
I want to buy a USB stick like pic related (don't judge me plz).
However, the latest model seems to have a plastic casing, whereas the one in the pic is metal.
Will this be a big issue? I know plastic casing can break, will this render my USB unusable should it occur? Data gone? I plan to keep it inserted pretty much permanently in my Laptop
>>
>>70939018
in my experience those drives have really bad heat issues, you might wanna avoid them
>>
>>70939132
Appreciate the warning but I already have 2, they're pretty bad but I need something with the small form factor so nowhere else to really look.
One's failed on me, so I need a replacement, but I'm torn on buying the older model like in the pic, or the newer one which is plastic
>>
how do i seo with wordpress in 2000+19? like what's the best resource?
>>
How do I enable the number row on the AOSP keyboard (the one that comes with lineage os, not the google one).
>>
how to unlock huawei bootloader for free?
>>
File: 085.jpg (107 KB, 1920x1080)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
how do i check witch user and group is an process running under?

i installed PLEX but it isnt scanning my movies, i think the problem its because i'm using DietPI and they try to automate everything and take away a lot of options to the end user...
>>
>>70939205

http://www.droidthunder.com/unlock-bootloader-of-huawei/
>>
>>70938947
Just kind of annoying having to expand the os partition if you run out of space.
>>
I'd like to keep (maybe host?) my own website, for learning and to keep track of my progress.

Recomendations? Where do i start?
Do i just pick wordpress?
>>
>>70928111
Just installed Arch and LXDE. I set up WPA_GUI and it works fine. The DE creates a tab for wpa_GUI in the start menu under internet, but I need to give root privileges in the terminal for it to work. How do I set it up so that every time I click the tab, root privileges are given automatically?
>>
my G502 is starting to double click
what can I do about it?
>>
lxde or lxqt for an atom laptop?
>>
>>70939174
>how do i seo with wordpress in 2000+19? like what's the best resource?

4chan.org/g/wdg
those guys can help you better than anyone with this.

>>70939558
Make your own
HTML5/CSS3 is easy and makes you impervious to script kiddies that can take your wordpress website offline if it's not constantly updated (or if a plugin you use isn't updated anymore).
I make all my websites by hand it's fun once you get a feeling for it.

>>70939615
Get a new one, mice are cheap.

>>70939762
I love lxqt myself, both are pretty solid though.
>>
How the fuck do I use histograms in python? I've read just about everything I can find and I still have no clue what I'm doing.
>>
>>70939762
afaik most attention went to lxqt and qt is less cancerous than gtk for low res/less resources
>>
Any recommendation for windows tablet? cheaper better, i dont mind used or new though
>>
File: images(6).jpg (30 KB, 554x554)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Somebody explain to me this ffmpeg logo please.
>>
how do I buy drugs from internet? i want acid. East europe

any guide decent guide would be wonderful
>>
What's the /g/ consensus on a good VPN brand? I've been searching for the past 6 hours because gf wants privacy, I want speed, and we both want low cost- but it's like no matter where I go every discussion of vpn's is totally overrun with shills, anti-shills, paid reviews, affiliates, and astroturfing
I was leaning towards TorGuard or tunnel bear because I hear quite often that Nord has a lot of issues with random frequent disconnects, but at this point I honestly don't know

I hadn't even considered a VPN before today
>>
>>70936138
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Even if let's say police were to find that page and use that to start investigating someone, they would probably find out at what time that download happened and then they would ask the ISP who owns that IP address who had that IP address at the time of the download.
IP addresses change all the time in most cases and you might have a different IP address every day. It's obvious that there would be downloads from other people showing up on that page.
Police wouldn't trust some random ass website to figure out who is downloading what. They would find the offending file, subpoena the tracker and get timestamped records of the downloads, then they would go to the ISP to figure out who was connected at that time. Assuming you didn't download anything illegal you're safe.
The only thing that should concern you is if someone who is visiting you knows about that website and, once they connect to your wifi network, decides they want to check what kind of shit you download, if they see some weird shit they might think you're a sick fuck. But the chances of someone knowing about that website and not knowing that just because you have an IP address now that doesn't mean you had it at the time the file was downloaded is very slim.
Either way, if you want to add a layer of anonymity when you torrent files, use a vpn (they're not particularly expensive, I pay 36€/year for mine and according to them they don't keep logs either)
>>
File: 1530591175855.gif (3.91 MB, 286x340)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB GIF
Is it worth investing in a VPN? I steal A LOT of anime.
To go from that, how safe is it to torrent using a VPN in general? Do you need to be using a VPN all the time or just when you're torrenting?
>>
>>70928982
Mix about 30% vinegar and 70% water in a spray bottle. Spray it on a microfiber cloth and then wipe the screen.
I think alcohol might remove the protective film on the monitor, so vinegar seems to be the best.
>>
>>70936126
It's called WQHD. 1440p isn't actually a standard, 720p and 1080p were. 2K isn't a standard either, 4K kinda is but even that's muddy. Also, 720p is HD.
>>
Suddenly started getting video ads at the front of youtube videos and twitch streams despite having uBlock Origin (version 1.19.2) on Chrome (version 74.0.3729.131).
Anyone else having this problem?
>>
Are there any substratum themes that theme more then just the core android ui?
>>
>>70928111
Icecat from the air gives a prepare() error. Apparently I need a gpg key. What is it?
>>
If pressing the powerbutton on a laptop leads to loud fan spinning and no display, does that suggest mobo/ram is faulty?
>>
>>70941185
if you're not getting any post beeps to work with, the first step would be to connect an external monitor and see if you get a display
>>
>>70928111
Is there a way to render pages faster in Firefox, besides the usual stuff like enabling WebRender and setting nglayout.initialpaint.delay to low values? Things like some dirty addon that tricks pages into loading faster somehow or anything like that.

Just curious really. On average, it takes me between 6 to 10 seconds to render a page after clearing the cache (which I do pretty often, probably a very bad habit, idek how or when it started) and I don't mind that, but if there's a way to reduce that (i.e. a way to make Firefox work even better), I'd like to know about it.
>>
>>70941197
External monitor not showing display either
>>
File: 1557779124216.jpg (42 KB, 854x480)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>70938323
nobody knows?
here's a screenshot trying to enlarge an image ITT
>>
File: zig-zag.gif (8 KB, 860x550)
8 KB
8 KB GIF
>>70940614
It represents the zig-zag pattern used for entropy encoding.
>>
>>70941391
Holy shit! Thank you mi good lad.
>>
File: HELP.jpg (50 KB, 456x628)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Bought an SSD back in February and since then it's written 1.6 TB. I don't do jack shit with it. What's going on here and how can I stop it?
>>
File: sell.jpg (140 KB, 1070x827)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>70928111
Any Flippers in this thread?
I'm trying to get rid of some old hardware i have (skylake i5 cpu + motherboard). I assume it's easier to sell a complete pc instead of just a cpu / mobo combo, so i fucked about a little and came up with a setup i can break-even with at 425 yuroos + profit margin.

>I get my estimated residuals on used parts by dividing my buying prices by 3.
>I don't want to sell it with a used HDD, because recovery paranoia, so i factor in a new drive
>I want to offload my old PSU to the Sell-build and get myself a new one with cable management
Should offload my RAM onto the Sell-build aswell and get myself new sticks? it's 16GB 2666-15

any input welcome, these are my baby steps
>>
Are there any GPS tracking apps for android that are simple like Find My iPhone? I don't want bloat or google.
>>
Alright, so at home I have an OVPN server and a bunch of other services which are only accessible in the local network, but secured poorly. (Stuff like syncthing, mpd or transmission). I am the only one with any of the ovpn certificates and I never intended to give anyone else access, hence I never bothered to make sure all the shit was secure.

Now I may need to let a friend proxy through my home for various reasons. I trust my friend and, while he's pretty smart, he's not very technical; however, I still don't want to just generate him a certificate and let him loose in my home network. He might try something when he's bored one day (without meaning any harm, but I'd still rather him not), or he may leak the cert (so can I, of course, but then I'll only have myself to blame).
Securing everything I have installed right now might be possible, but not necessarily everything has a simple configuration option for password protection, plus I don't want to always be careful of what's inside my local network, and finally I have family on the same network and who knows what random crap they may accidentally have open. Most likely nothing, but why risk it?

So tl;dr, what would be the solution to let a friend proxy through my home server without simply establishing a tunnel right into my home network? I am not good at configuring networks and routers, installing OpenVPN was pretty much the most advanced thing I've done.
>>
>>70940675
https://gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
>>
>>70940812
I've torrented fansubs on public trackers with my home connection for like 18 years and never gotten any complaints. Official dubs might be a different matter.
> how safe is it to torrent using a VPN in general
VPNs are 100% safe against most any non-government entity.
> Do you need to be using a VPN all the time
You need to guarantee your torrent client won't be able to connect through anything but the VPN.
>>
File: 1474606915567.gif (535 KB, 720x369)
535 KB
535 KB GIF
>>70941987
>VPNs are 100% safe against most any non-government entity.
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
No.
https://gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
>>
File: xrandr.png (96 KB, 908x266)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
So I'm having a bit of trouble with my xrandr config, sometimes when I boot up the monitors (3 of them) are all mixed up and I either have to run the script again which fucks up the backgrounds or just reboot a couple of times. Any idea what causes this? I'm running Manjaro and I'm starting it from my i3 config
>>
>>70942110
> So when should I use a VPN?
> You want to hide your IP from a very specific set of non-government-sanctioned adversaries
Like hiding from copyright claims made by local companies, you retarded gorilla-ass nigger. Every problem mongoloids like you have with VPNs is attributable to
> guarantee your torrent client won't be able to connect through anything but the VPN
Your VPN provider isn't getting paid a bounty for infringing IP addresses by the anime industrial complex
>>
>>70942262
>Like hiding from copyright claims made by local companies,
DMCA is a passdown legal document. The VPN company gets it, and since we got rid of safe harbour, they send it to you and turn your information in to the company sending the DMCA
>Your VPN provider isn't getting paid a bounty for infringing IP addresses by the anime industrial complex
Do you have proof?
>>
>>70942292
> DMCA
Doesn't apply to companies outside the US.
> Do you have proof?
I have proof you're a doorstop.
>>
>>70942330
>Doesn't apply to companies outside the US.
It applies to every first world nation that is part of any trade agreement with the US.
Even your island nation countires will agree to work with the US government in return for some kickbacks
>> Do you have proof?
I have proof you're a doorstop.
So you make a claim that its impossible, but you have literally zero proof. Whereas you can google "dmca arrest" and get millions of results.
Have you never heard of megaupload?
Burden of Proof
>>
Is programming always like this?
>Follow tutorial
>FOLLOW THE TUTORIAL EXACTLY AS IT SAYS
>15 errors
>google for 2 hours
>fix 1 error
>19 errors
Like fucking hell! And this is for the final project in a class...
I hate this shit
>>
>>70942374
Yes, except there is no tutorial and half the answers aren't on Google yet.
>>
>>70942404
What I thought
im apparently not smart enough to do this stuff
4 years of school wasted
great job me...
>>
ayaaaa when it rains it storms.
>attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory
after a fresh install I ran a memory check and the memory was read as good. Any other possible faults that could occur? I'm sick of fuckin with my rig today. I think I got all the drivers together since I can't get anywhere after putting some intel drivers on there. I'll try again when I have some time.

Anything besides drivers that could cause
I found driver issues being the core for most of that unless the memory can be confirmed foul. Anyone ever seen some power failure or board failure come from it? I'm going to double check internals and reseat connections next time I make an attempt.
>>
File: 1557699242896.jpg (124 KB, 300x698)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
I bent the pins on my CPU, fixed them, and now my computer is running in Single Channel rather than Dual Channel.

Is there any way to fix this?
>>
>>70942777
Dont bend your pins
>>
File: ending this ride.jpg (13 KB, 159x225)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I turned on my pc and it went into automatic repair and I can't do anything. I can't start into safe mode or use cmd or anything. It says I need to sign in as an administrator to refresh PC but I can't do that as it restarts back into auto repair. I have no idea what the hell to do. I don't want to lose everything.
>>
>>70942777
Fix the pins correctly
>>
>>70942847
RIP my nigger this is why backups are important.
>>
Why does Louis Rossmann constantly have to dodge Hassidic Jews on his bike ride to work?
>>
>>70942847
Your data is fine. Your system files are fucked and you need to reinstall Windows.
Take out your hard drive and insert it into an external hard drive enclosure. Back up everything you can't replace into another computer.
Then reinstall Windows on it.
>>
>>70942922
I fear this is my only option at this point.
>>
File: 424234.jpg (176 KB, 880x683)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
ok....dont judge me....

is there any way to see what non-critical software i have laying arround that is not used?
i'm on arch linux, i know about pacman -Rns $(pacman -Qtdq), but i'm not talking about orphans.
i'm talking about, like if i never used mpv, it would be nice to have a way too see like " hey heres this package that you never used and its non critical to the system"

i'm kinda retarded about leaving """bloat""" on my machine, because of that i tend to format my drive once every month or so...
>>
So I clicked a link in an email during a moment of stupidity and was greeted with the DECEPTIVE SITE AHEAD screen. Did I actually connect to the site linked in the email at all?
>>
>>70943089
No
>>
>>70943089
dont think so, if its the screen that i'm thinking, it appears before you connect to the website, its an securety layer
>>
>>70937816
works for me, only difference in setup is i use umatrix, not ematrix, what's the difference?
>>
>>70940855
2K and 4K are standards, but they're only used in digital cinema, and refer to 2048x1080 and 4096x2160 respectively, not to be confused with 1920x1080/3840x2160, which are FHD (FullHD) and UHD (UltraHD) respectively
>>
Is there any program to listen to Pandora on loonix seperately from the web browser? for whatever reason it's slow as fuck for me on web browser, I'd really like a slimmed-down native app. Pithos looks good but is outdated to hell, is there anything more recent?
>>
>>70943064
pacman -Qe
lists everything explicitly installed (that is, not installed only to satisfy something else)
if you don't know what something is, look it up or don't touch it
you should be fine as long as you don't touch things from the base package group
>>
>>70943381
Pretty sure ematrix is just umatrix but forked at the right version to work without having to go spelunking. Didn't think there'd be more to it though, it's possible.
>>
Is archive.is dead? I'm getting redirected to 127.0.0.3 and I've already checked my hosts file to make sure I wasn't blocking it by accident. I'm using Cloudflare's DNS if that matters.
>>
What's the deal with cheap refurbished meme PCs?
Thinking of getting this one
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAAJ26UV3179
>>
>>70943635
>I'm using Cloudflare's DNS if that matters.
That's the problem. As far as I remember, archive.is never worked with that DNS for issues on archive.is' end that they never bothered fixing.
>>
>>70943635
The archive.is nameservers return bogus results to cloudflare's nameservers on purpose.
>>
>>70943665
>What's the deal
Retired office machines. The small frames mean most gpus don't fit.
>>
>>70943753
Well, that doesn't sound so bad.
Anyone have any problems with these types of machines?
>>
>>70932244
Someone?
>>
>>70928111
Do VM instances benefit from moar cores?
Also what about live syreaming?
>>
Protonmail as good as they say?
>>
>>70943665
Non-standard PSU connector. I'll also wager the motherboard's screw pattern is like 1mm off from micro-ATX. Would make a decent office PC since PSU adapters exist, but you'd want to start with a regular micro tower if you want to add a big GPU.
>>
i downloaded the office suite from my school because it was free, and i notice now on my browser it says "Your browser is managed by your organization" and chrome's policy says this could be used to view downloads, change settings, etc etc."

so is there any way my school can see all the hentai i'm downloading even if im not on the wifi? do i have to get rid of office to remove this notification?
>>
Why do clover and clover dev show different threads when viewing boards? I can refresh both simultaneously and see totally different things.
>>
>>70944352
I mean, is it usable? I just need something basic, not going to need anything high end in the near future
>>
>>70943665
yeah we use these models at my work. they sit on all day and have terrible cooling because theyre stuffed in cabinets. theyre also pretty slow but that could just be our shitty operating system / POS system. not a bad value if you dont care about it that much though
>>
File: 1539779993849_0.png (10 KB, 388x447)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
I want to try and get a Cisco CCENT by at least the end of summer. I also have very minimal knowledge of networking as well as coding but I can put a computer together.
Are there any good books on general networking as well as CCENT specific books anyone could recommend? Is the test and the content that hard?
>>
>>70944215
They benefit about as much as any software. Since it's meant to run an OS that will itself run other programs, ultimately it depends on how multithreaded those are, or how many different programs you're running concurrently.
Unless you use an ancient or super niche OS that doesn't support more than one core, of course.
As for livestreaming, you'll have additional latency of course, but that's no different than getting a slightly shittier internet connection. As long as your performance is good enough for smooth streaming, you're fine.
>>
I broke my phone screen and can't unlock my one plus 5, is there a go-to program to retrieve data from it? A google search gives a ton of choices, but this seems like it would be a common enough problem that there would be a good solution.

Also, what's a good cheap chinkphone these days? One plus got too popular and prices their shit like iphones now.
>>
>>70944879
Best phone for the money right now is probably a lg v30 off of ebay or any deal in the local used market. If you're willing to spend more I would also consider the pocophone (memes aside) and the mi mix 2s if you can either put up with the miui or unlock the bootloader through.
>>
>>70944769
Any idea what makes them worth 1/5 as much as a similar spec machine when bought used?
>>
File: haskell.png (5 KB, 409x162)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Im new to Haskell, there must be a way to make this faster? Can anyone give some tips?
>>
What is the best screen recorder that can record internal audio? Have root and xposed but can't find one that isn't shit
>>
>>70941286
>>70938323
so at least it's safe to say that nobody else is having this issue, then?
>>
I'm on a locked moto z play with stock android 8.0, is it worth to install a custom 9.0 rom? i havent flashed anything in years, but want some customization and root apps
>>
>>70928111
What happens to muh gaymes if I dual boot Windows and Linux?
>>
>>70945310
literally nothing
>>
>>70945316
Good. Thanks, I guess. Was just making sure.
>>
>>70945341
just don't delete your Linux partition. you'll risk losing the windows MBR which is a pain in the ass to replace
>>
>>70945264
I mean, why not? I don't know how long it takes for the moto z but its probably nothing you can't do in a weekend.
>>
>>70945264
Universal adblock is nice, as is security updates. But you're running a fairly recent, fairly vannilla edition of android, so the impact isn't going to be as huge as it is for a lot of other people. Lineage is nice, so I'd say if the rom doesn't have any known issues and it's not super hard to install, knock yourself out.
>>
>>70945354
Thanks again. WIll keep that in mind.
>>
>>70945398
i will try to install LineageOS 15.1, seems stable enough . thanks
>>
File: confused faris.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
My MB blocks 2 sata ports when I use the m.2 port. Will those sata ports still get blocked if I move my m.2 SSD to a PCI port with an adapter?
>>
How to make this work with .mkv and .m2ts too?
#!/bin/bash

current_path="$(dirname "$1")"
filename="$(basename "$current_path")"
ext=".VOB"
cd "$current_path"

for f in "$@"
do
/usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/4.1_1/bin/ffmpeg -y -i concat:"$(pipeize() { local OLDIFS="$IFS";IFS='|';echo "$*";IFS="$OLDIFS";}; pipeize *.*)" -c copy -map "0:v?" -map "0:a?" -map "0:s?" "${filename}${ext}"
done
>>
>>70945518
>/usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/4.1_1/bin/ffmpeg
Is there a reason you're doing this instead of just calling ffmpeg and getting the one in your PATH, instead of specifying the exact cellar version and breaking your script every time you install an update?
>>
>>70945004
theyre bought in mass quantities, so my guess is cheap parts + mass quantity + most POS systems and office computers upgrading to tablets and touchscreen stuff so they're getting rid of old stock.
>>
>>70945543
Originally yes because I thought there was no way around it when running via Automator (macOS) but there is indeed one. Good catch, thanks
>>
File: 1534131912897.png (590 KB, 600x524)
590 KB
590 KB PNG
I need to install Windows 10 in the laptop of a normalfag friend, but I don't want to make him deal with appstore ad-ware and Cortana. Should I install Windows 10 Education edition, LTSB or LTSC?
>>
>>70945711
ltsb or just install pro/home and debloat
>>
>>70928111
Does anyone have a TL;DR on the difference between a motor driver carrier and a motor driver shield?
https://www.pololu.com/product/1213
https://www.pololu.com/product/2503
>>
>>70943665
Oh yeah they're great. Two things though. That one's way overpriced. Go on ebay. Also you REALLY want to throw like a $30-40 SSD in there. 240gb is ideal, but even a 120 is way better than an HDD.
>>
>>70945711
Education. You can disable what you need to, but if something ends up being critical later on you can undo it easily. I've had to do a full upgrade to get shit missing from LTSC before. It' basically a forced clean install, which is really annoying.
>>
Have two windows 7 computers connected to switch (A), switch (A) is connected to switch (B), and switch (B) has connections to all of our servers. The two windows 7 computers get stuck on "Please wait" when booting, both computers are communicating with switch (A) and the domain controller. Swapped network cables of the two computers and both are now working without issue.
Can anyone explain this to me? How does this happen?
>>
File: RAM speed.png (30 KB, 405x382)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>70928111
RAM speeds and timings confuse me. I read that 3000MHz RAM is bretty gud and 3200MHz is great. Here's a CPU-Z of my system. Which one is actually my RAM speed? 4200MHz or 1466.7MHz? Are the timings OK?

tldr is my ram gud guise
>>
Has anyone had any experience with buying used PC parts?
>>
What are some useful algorithms I need to know?
>>
I shit my pants at work a couple weeks ago and have been too embarrassed to come in since, but I'm thinking I should probably try to get past this and continue working. Do you think my job will still be there for me when I go back?
>>
I got an ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1 mobo, and recently I had to reset all the settings to the defaults due to a BIOS upgrade. Anyway the only defaults I could find were "optimized defaults" which include some "turbo mode" setting on CPU that is enabled by default. Problem is, I tested on Prime95 with this setting enabled and the temperature jumped up to about 100 degrees in 1-2 seconds before I shut the program off in a panic. With that turbo setting disabled temperatures peak around 70 degrees no matter how long I run it.

So like, what the hell? Do I have a defective CPU or are ASUS defaults just retarded? I couldn't even find a "safe defaults" anywhere in their settings either, just the CPU-melting defaults that they tried to push onto me. It's only a difference of like 4.0ghz coming up to like 4.2~4.4ghz with turbo enabled anyway so definitely not worth killing my CPU over.
>>
File: 1446160696052.jpg (1.59 MB, 3002x2400)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>>70946434
That's the power of turbo boost and mayonnaise.
>>
>>70941689
Nobody is going to buy that garbage for 425.
You people are almost as bad as retro game resellers that think a copy of duckhunt is 50 bucks.
>>
Whats the best way to get sponsorship for a youtube/twitch channel ?
>>
What terminal command runs a program that I installed from a repo? Where do the files go once downloaded?
>>
What is the simplest tool for converting music files to MP3? I'm used to using Foobar2000's frontend for LAME and I haven't found anything that replicates that functionality. Come to think of it, my biggest problem since switching from Windows has been the lack of a music player I like as much as Foobar.
>>
I want to be able to pull up jewtube or netflix on my laptop thats connected to the tv with my phone so i can save the 1/18th of a calorie that id burn doing it manually, any suggestions on how to accomplish this?
>>
How much damage could a link in an email actuall do?
Let's assume google's safe browsing sniffed out the link first.
>>
>>70946405
>a couple weeks
No, probably not. Most jobs aren't prepared to just suddenly have less people working, otherwise they wouldn't need you in the first place. So they're probably pretty pissed you just took off. But you could always call HR and ask.
>>
Can someone link me to the Reddit post or screenshot about the kid who said "don't go to 4chan g, they told me the command would make music/sounds, but it just deleted my home folder, they are a bunch of assholes bla bla" etc.
>>
>>70945518
Loop over the different extensions by making ext an array or via brace extension.
>>
File: 1549781439730.jpg (118 KB, 760x570)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
how would one go about evading problems with cyclical symlinks?
..actually, what I need to do is BFS through a directory and do some changes to each file
now, what can happen is, that I get caught in a symlink cycle
I thought I could use a temp file where I would save the inodes of directories that I've already visited
what I didn't realise was, that symlinks have different inodes than the directories they point to, so I would evade endless cycles, but still I might visit some directories unnecessarily many times.
how is this commonly approached?
>>
Anyone use "Shelter" on android?
Literally every botnet program i load in to it fails to load and leaves no error message of any kind
>>
>Getting an IT bachelors' degree
>Shitty uni. basically gives me CS courses
>Only remotely useful course is 100% Windows AD

Any book recommendations guys? I feel my knowledge is severely lacking cause of my chink uni.
>>
>>70947748
>How much damage could a link in an email actuall do?
It completely depends on what the payload was. Most email links are phishing links.
>Let's assume google's safe browsing sniffed out the link first.
Then no damage as you never actually connected to the site.
>>
Is life really worth living?
>>
Does 4chan not accepting paypal/CC again? I thought they started accepting those recently...
>>
>>70948355
>>>/adv/
>>
>>70948355
>>70948395
You see that question actually belongs here because of course it is
>>
>>70948420
No, it belongs there because you could make a reasonable case either way, but it gets depressing as hell and usually goes nowhere. Hence /adv/.
>>
>>70942542
>>70942542
>>70942542
after a fresh install I ran a memory check and the memory was read as good. Any other possible faults that could occur? I'm sick of fuckin with my rig today. I think I got all the drivers together since I can't get anywhere after putting some intel drivers on there. I'll try again when I have some time.

Anything besides drivers that could cause

pls help device crashing while in child mode. I don't want to buy a new computer I want to replace the minimum necessary to begin functioning again.
>>
Why are low but frequently changing fan speeds so much more annoying than high but constant speeds?
>>
>>70948445
>make a reasonable case either way
maybe if youre open to wearing the shitstain glasses and "want" look at the world in a negative view, quit beimg lazy you got work to do in your life and you can make it better anyone with 2 braincells can see that. hence /sqt/
>>
>>70948935
You're arguing about subjective things like whether someone can find a reason to live and if they should try. The question of whether life itself is actually worth holding on to or perpetuating is different and much broader. You can make valid arguments for and against.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/9622577/David_Benatar_-_Better_Never_to_Have_Been
>>
>>70947494
kodi with the kodi remote app for youtube
dont know if you can play netflix through kodi
there are remote keyboard/mice apps out there as well
>>
Let's say I want to print something, but don't want to select a printer.
I then walk to the printer that's closest to me, choose the document I wanted to print, and pick up the document.

Does something like this exist on the market currently?
>>
>>70948998
nah fuck off, lifes not worth living only if you took the black pill youre a fuckin chump tryin to play devils advocate
>>
>>70935099
Put the alias in root's config?
>>
$ tree 
── AHARONI BOLD.TTF
── AmericanText.ttf
── chapters.xml
── [Commie] Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX - 05 [BC9F61B4]_attachments.7z
── CURSEDKUERBIS.TTF
── Curse of the Zombie.ttf
── Eurostile-Black.ttf
── game_over.ttf
── GARABD.TTF
── LinotypeFinnegan MediumItalic.ttf
── LinotypeFinnegan Medium.ttf
── Romance Fatal Serif Std.ttf
── ScrawlyWawly.ttf
── SharpCurve.ttf
── Sundayscript.ttf
── tags.xml
── track3_und.ass

How do I make mpv use all these font files? Just making it use the .ass file doesn't work.
Also how would I make ffmpeg use those font files if I were to add the subtitle stream to another video?
>>
I installed windows on another ssd and when I ended the key it was fine, then it said corruption error

So I redid the installation without the key everyone worked fine, but when I boot into the ssd it just black screen and blinking _
>>
>>70949379
It's your life. Whatever works for you. Anyone who thinks morality is simple and universal probably has a pretty limited perspective. But if you're just trying to get people through hard times, then yeah, if bravado etc. gets you through it, by all means go with that.
>>
File: 20170327174115_69344.jpg (29 KB, 500x500)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
So, 4:3 windows tablets. Is there any choice besides the Teclast x98?
>>
>>70949482
Did you have any other drives attached at any point?
>>
>>70949304
can you describe the use-case?
if it's an office with many machines, you could just set the default on each to be the nearest printer
if it's a portable machine, maybe you could do something like set the default based on which wifi station you're connected to, or some other means of position detection
something as you describes is obviously possible, though that would work by having a central print server, and printers would need to have the ability to view and pick jobs from said server, i'm not familiar with what features higher end printers have
could also diy it, like have a netbook or something next to each printer, to view and print jobs from your print server to the printer it's connected to
>>
>>70949523
>conceding while being as dismissive as possible
LMAO its okay you can keep being a lazy stain that nobody will remember, but the time for this defeatist shit is over, whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night
>>
>>70949532
I have a windows 7 drive also connected

Should I remove that and redo the installation?
>>
>>70949542
What part of that was conceding? I'm saying it's a big question, with some complicated answers. I don't want to derail this thread, and I really don't want to have a 30 post argument with someone who will never consider another perspective or write responses that actually address the points that are brought up in good faith. /adv/ and /x/ actually have some decent conversations about this shit sometimes, but this is definitely not the place. If you're just trying to keep at risk individuals from taking the leap, then I respect that. But if somebody's actually at that point, they should be calling a hotline, not browsing philosophy on this god forsaken site.
>>
>>70949563
Yep that was the cause
>>
>>70949648
Make sure the SSD is first in your bios boot order.
>>
>>70949643
Except the problem with your line pf thinking is that it allows negative shit (suicidal tendancies, depression, nihilism, defeatism cynicism, pessimism ect.) to metaphorically share the room with shit that ought to be there, hope honor ect. and by entertainimg those thoughts you create the possibility of letting them take root and cause actual damage. Therefore the only reasonable method of making sure that never happens is to reject them outright, entirely, and in every instance they appear. and if you really dont want to derail the thread, youll fucking drop it, but go ahead and show how disingenuous you were in making that statement with your next post
>>
I just jailbroke my iPhone 8+ running iOS 12.1. What's the point? I just wanted to hopefully get a good 4chan app or at least download a tweak or whatever so that I don't have to keep re-sideloading TheChan. How do I do that?
>>
New thread:
>>70949817
>>70949817
>>70949817
>>
>>70949825
>early thread
nigger you what?
>>
>>70937834
Splitter cable.
>>
Any resources for VB6 function signatures? I'm reversing a fucking VB6 program.
>>
Spent a few hours trying to launch a program from terminal but I had to give up and launch it through the GUI like a dirty peasant.

How can I go about controlling Linux 99.9% with keyboard?
>>
File: 1509039907118.png (65 KB, 536x522)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
anyone got a strawpoll-like site where you can copypaste a list and have that as a poll?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.