[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: RCEVJyMr7YMQbGV9EFqs9C.jpg (121 KB, 800x450)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Kind of new to data archiving. I've officially run out of sata ports for internal drives, and usb ports for external drives.

What do you guys use for mass data storage? I'm kind of looking for something I can just insert a hard drive a bunch of hard drives into. My issue isn't the amount of drives, its the inability to have them all connected at once.

I don't need fast access, I just want everything to be connected to my pc all at once.
>>
Usb hub for external drives so you can attach more? Nas is also an option, or selling/replacing the current drives for higher capacity ones.
>>
>>70570146
> run out of USB ports?
Add usb hubs
>>
>>70570146
Maybe connect USB hubs to USB hubs to have more USB ports?
Dummy...
>>
>>70570146
really just started, still filling up sata ports
after they're out i'll probably buy some lsi/avago/broadcom sas hba card for 8 more sata ports per card
>>
Time to build a server anon
>>
>>70570146
g suite with everything encrypted
>>
>>70570146
NAS is the only realistic way to go. More USB drives puts more load on the USB port and your bandwidth goes down the tubes. Get with the program and buy for future growth and expansion.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.