[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Previous thread
>>70527842

>Read
>>51971506

>GNU/Linux questions?
>>>/g/fglt

>PC building?
>>>/g/pcbg

>Programming questions?
>>>/g/dpt

>Good, cheap, laptops?
>>>/g/tpg

>Cheap electronics?
>>>/g/csg

>Buying headphones?
>>>/g/hpg

>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
https://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
https://pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
https://pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
https://pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
>>
>>70555348
actual previous thread
>>70542970
>>
>>70555442
Made a thread about it but I'll ask here as well.

How do I avoid piracy strikes on Kodi? Some people have gotten them and I don't want them. What addons are JUST streaming and which addons are torrentstreams, so I know which to use and avoid.
>>
On an extremely low level, how are computers able to form functions such as square rooting? Basically I'm writing a program, and at some point I'm going to need to square root some numbers, how can I write my own function to do this in C++? How is it done with just addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division? (I'll use the cmath when I actually need to write that part of the program, because it'll be more optimized than anything I write, but right now I'm just curious about how it works.)
>>
When is NVIDIA going to get off their asses and support Wayland? It's been years now, and I really want to fall for the Wayland meme, but NVIDIA cards don't work with it.
>>
>>70555681
There are many techniques for computing square root approximations. Some of it is weird math, but Newton's method is an easy example.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_computing_square_roots
>>
File: 1503977634405.jpg (25 KB, 400x400)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I came home and the internet didn't connect on my win10 desktop. It was a dns issue and when I tried to switch back to default dns an error popped up and didn't save my changes not even in safe mode. I tried deleting all the adapters so windows would reinstall them but it just won't show any network adapters now. I restarted and it did not reinstall them. At my wits end honestly, I don't want to reinstall windows over this.
>>
File: prox.png (43 KB, 1568x723)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>70556309
Type in "network proxy settings" in the search bar, scroll down, and make it look like mine.
>>
>>70556573
Mine is the same as yours, no network adapters showing up at all though and the properties in device manager say there's a code 56 error... Just realized I have a system restore I can do, I thought I disabled that. I'll try it now.
>>
>>70556309
ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
netsh int reset all
netsh int ipv4 reset
netsh int ipv6 reset
netsh winsock reset
then reboot. god be with you.
>>
Probably going to take some flak for this question, but nevertheless.

I have the opportunity to study computer science at a top university. I've been looking at the course structure at this, and various other universities, and I'm kind of surprised at just how theoretical these courses are.

I knew there was a large theoretical /mathematical component, but it is starting to hit me just how much of this stuff there is.

I am good at maths, but I do not enjoy it. I really want to learn programming, but in some computer science courses it really seems like there isn't all that much of it.

Does doing a comp sci degree really make you a great programmer? Have to be honest, this theoretical shit doesn't interest me much... But if it really does have a purpose, and if it will actually help me to become a good programmer then I will do it.

I'm just worried that I'll complete the degree, at great cost and stress, only to find that the practical aspect is so lacking that it will actually hinder me rather than help.

I really want to program and it just seems like the courses at lower ranked universities have more interesting, practical course content. But if the best universities have structured their courses like this, then I take it that they must produce the best programmers?

Does any current /past students have any advice on this issue? I guess I feel conflicted between computer science and straight up software engineering...
>>
File: 1553035614117.png (3 KB, 413x152)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>70556719
Before I read this I was messing around with things and saw that my internet was connected, I guess the dns went back up, but I still still can't change it without getting an error message. If the dns goes down again I'm right back where I started.
>>
File: 1550261777323.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>70555999
Thank
>>
what's that website that checks android apps and tells you stuff about it like permissions and trackers maybe
>>
>>70556745
As far as a CS course goes, I'm not going to attest to that, but if you want to be a decent programmer, dive in, learn a language, start a project, try and keep it reasonable, but part of the fun is learning a mountain of things to accomplish a task you had almost no business aiming for, and the rush of finally doing it. If you want a good language to start with, you can't go wrong with C, but I would reccomend C++ (once you know C++, you can pretty easily mentally switch between the two) I can explain a lot more if you want, but I don't want to give you a wall of text if it's not relevant to you, if you want to know more, just ask.
>>
>>70555348
What the fuck with this gay faggot shit?
>>
>>70555348
Is there any way to completely clone my C: drive and another partition to an external hard drive? Do I have to partition the external drive first?
Is there any /g/ approved software for the task of cloning a drive ready to be inserted into a new machine?
>>
>>70557395
Making an IMG file of your drive would allow you to completely copy it and burn it to another drive, you don't have to worry about formatting, as when you burn it to a new drive, the IMG contains instructions, including reformatting the drive to match its requirements, the link below has tools for creating and burning IMG files.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMG_(file_format)
>>
>>70557395
>>70557501
Although I'm not sure if you could limit burning it to another drive to just 1 partition, so be aware of that, before you accidentally steamroll over the external drives other partitions. (You could also just put the img file in a partition, without burning it, that wouldn't destroy anything, but the data would just be packed up and in the IMG file, but it still works as a backup if you need to burn it to a hard drive)
>>
>>70557395
use macrium reflect (free) or clonezilla if you are feeling adventurous
>>
>>70557501
>>70557540
>>70557542
I'm looking to create a version of my own current drive, on an external drive - that I can then organise properly (my current is an absolute mess, but I cannot afford to make edits on this machine as of now) before cloning the newly organised version into a new PC with m.2 SSD's.
I tried just copying them from my HDD to the external HDD using Windows Explorer, but encountered issues with a single file, and then filenames being too long - will these softwares work with those restrictions?
The external drive is a WD and I am looking at their software - does anyone have any experience with that?
>>
File: 1484201913676.jpg (46 KB, 640x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>70555348
Which antivirus' PAID version is the best? I just want an active scanner for my new PC. My browsing habits are safe and doesn't necessitate protection, but I just want an active layer of protection for my whole PC.

I'm gravitating towards Malwarebytes as it's cheap and if its free version is so good, then so should it's paid version, right?. Unless there's something better? (NOD32, McAfee, Norton...etc.)

>inb4 paying for software
>>
How do you post code blocks here?

echo "Hello, World!"
>>
>>70557708
Yes.
>>
I have an SD I believe has failed, I need to see what data was on it, but it doesn't show in windows.

When I plug it in my tablet it gives me a message of checking for errors.

Any ideas?
>>
>>70557910
Run check disk
chkdsk diskletter: /f
Only use /f if you want to fix the problem. It may delete or make some files unusable
>>
Does anyone know of a way to replace windows explorer for filesystem operations requested by other apps without going for a full replacement shell?
There are other standalone file managers but it doesn't seem like they can be accessed by, for example, my browser.
>>
I'm looking for an MP3 player.
I don't need a FUCK HUGE storage capacity (my collection in totality is only 46GB or so).
I just want it to work well and not have malware or some shit on it. Preferably something I can just drag and drop music into.
I'm willing to spend around $100 on it.
>>
>>70557931
It doesn't show at all, I think I'm fucked.

There any tricks to reviving MicroSD like you would a GPU?
>>
What's the current method trend of making a website? I haven't made one since college, and I was using wordpress/joomla back then.
>>
How would you rip the highest quality images from an online viewer like this?
https://comic-walker.com/viewer/?tw=2&dlcl=ja&cid=KDCW_MF00000069010019_68
I tried element inspect but all I got was low quality ones or "base64" urls
>>
nigger faggot retard
>>
Also what is the most used linux distro when it comes to Networking?
>>
All we do on a everyday basis on the internet is Unicast? what are some Multicast examples? thanks
>>
on android, is there any way to make apps force stop when I close them in the 'recents' menu?
i dont like the idea of so many services running in the background tracking and wasting battery.
lineage OS 15.1
android v8.1.0
>>
>>70557386
Ah yes, a /sqt/ isn't complete without an anon getting insecure about cute boys in the OP! UwU
>>
>>70557586
Bitdefender technically, although windows defender is pretty good these days, and it doesn't conflict with MWB, so you're kind of getting a two for one there.
>>
>>70557576
You want to move all your data from an SSD to an HDD and from that to another SSD? That just sounds like asking for trouble. Clone directly to the m.2 of find some other non-retarded solution.
>>
>>70555487
Changes constantly. There's a reddit where people discuss it.
>>
How would you guys mount a PCB board inside a computer case without shit shorting out?
>>
Is is possible to use two separate GPUs to divy up tasks? Example: a powerful GPU for running games, a weaker card for running other monitors or encoding without bogging up the main GPU and ruining performance.
>>
Tips for getting smells out of a used laptop? Smokers are the worst.
>>
>>70555348
if i add some YT channel to my RSS feed instead of subscribing (because i don't want to access with my gmail) does google get my data in the same way as if i actually browsed YT?
t.y. :3
>>
>>70559292
Yes, however the usage of other monitors is usually quite minimal.
>>
>>70559510
I would assume the GPU that renders any particular program is dependant on whether it's displayed on a monitor hooked up to that particular GPU.
Could screen capture encoding be done by a separate GPU?
In any case, my appreciations for your reply.
>>
i'm fucking around with python at work, is there any hope of me pip installing a few things with no admin rights and behind a firewall?
>>
>>70559596
>is dependant on whether it's displayed on a monitor hooked up to that particular GPU
By default yes. You can sometimes set an application to work through a particular GPU, like that shit they used last year to make Freesync work on Nvidia by pumping it over an AMD gpu, but it tends to be glitchy. If you're processing something instead of displaying it, you shouldn't have a problem.

Usually if you're not having a GPU do its own screencap, you're having the CPU do it. CPUs produce better encodes. Although the pro streamers actually output the whole thing to a second PC designed for that purpose, which needs a capture card but not a dedicated GPU.
>>
>>70555348
>>>/lgbt/
Fuck off pedo faggot.
>>
I'd had a 1TB WD drive sit at 1 Current and 1 Uncorrectable Sector Count for quite a while, it worked fine and I was just keeping an eye on it. Yesterday CPSC jumped to 20 and then to 43 while I was doing a panic backup. Still at 43 for now.
I'm sure as fuck replacing it now because it's at 52k+ hours anyway, but do you think I should bother zeroing it and keeping it on the side for non-essential stuff, or is it going to shit itself soon?
>>
File: 1537711560197.png (616 KB, 1229x1976)
616 KB
616 KB PNG
>>70559828
You mean 'Fuck off pedo NINJA faggot'
>>
My friend's SSD keeps disconnecting for whatever reason, which causes the PC to freeze, and sometimes after reboot it doesn't show in the BIOS. Is it a signal that it's dying? Or could it be the sata controller? Crystal Disk Info shows that the SSD is OK.
>>
>>70559907
How about connect that ssd to other computer? But I think it's a sign of dying. Backup the data inside asap.
>>
>>70559834
> I should bother zeroing it
Yes.
> is it going to shit itself soon
Yes.
>>
>>70559670
wew. Whats the error message?
>>
>>70560009
Yeah, I tried that too, I forgot it. It worked fine but I didn't tried for much longer.
>>
File: wevzw45.png (100 KB, 669x689)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
My PC blue-screened on my twice in 2 weeks when shutting it down. It now takes forever to download stuff and to get to the desktop after entering the password when compared to before. Both my SSD and HDD now cap out at 56 mb/s according to the steam game installation window even though they get up to 150 mb/s. How do I go about trouble shooting this ? Pic rel, its the SSD. Up/Download Speed is fine
>>
>>70560032
So why bother?
>>
File: 51Il8QMALlL._SY355_.jpg (8 KB, 355x355)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Are the router Antennas important to the Wifi signal or is it some bullshit decoration?
>>
File: Capture.png (14 KB, 669x154)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>70560035
>>
>>70555348
how do you turn off the RGB back lighting on the EVEA Gefore RTX 2070 and the RAM I have? Does this shit REALLY need RGB lighting in the first place? I do not care to see it and I need music to play when I goto sleep so I have a blanket over that door so it doesn't annoy me. I went into the Bios settings and I thought I turned it off but nope

HELP?
>>
>>70555348
>LTSC
is it preactivated?
>>
How the FUCK do you get separate reload/stop buttons in firefox??
>>
>>70560116
Somebody might find it and recover the data.
>>
Things go wrong with PCs over time, slowdowns, bsod, weird problems and you need to format and reinstall windows and it’s all fixed but what actually happens? I don’t get why it just shits itself over time. I installed windows 10 on a laptop my mother is using that was so slow it was literally unusable before and the difference was day and night.
>>
>>70560609
>windows
You answered your own question.
>>
>>70560573
It's not like I'm just going to trash it right away. But yeah, I suppose I should do that now.
>>
>>70555348
My memory (G.Skill 3200 FlareX 14-14-14 4x8GB) seems to have some issues. I got the occasional crash before, but I never thought much of it.
Recently I did a memtest84 test and noticed a handful of errors occured (always with the highest bit, in case that matters)
Tried some shit to fix it, but upping voltage seemed to make it worse, so now I just run at profile 1/2933, which is a shame for this high grade memory.
The thing is, I don't know what dimm(s) are causing the problem, or how to establish this based on memory addresses f.e..
Preferably I just want to fix it with the least possible speed loss (changing RAS/CAS timing perhaps?). I'm not a fan of returning the memory only to hear they can't find a problem, etc. Been there before. Shit can take ages.
Any tips welcome.
>>
no response in fglt, so I'll post here too

Which conf file sets the updating frequency of the monitor in a Debian/wayland/KDE/kwin system?
I tried to play a game via q4wine, but it immediately froze and now my monitor fails to display anything and just says "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing"
I have already tried rebooting, replugging the monitor, and googling led me to delete '~/.local/share/kscreen', but that did nothing.
The display manager shows just fine, and when I log in my cursor appears for a second, but right after that the monitor shits itself. but it's obviously some config file that has been modified, right?
>>
What is the best way to create a multi-language website?
>>
>>70560609
A lot of software tends to install all kind of background services you don't need, like "startup-accelerators", which sacrifice speed of everything else to speedup the start of a single program. Or install background updaters, which serve no function but to update one or two programs. Shell extensions are terrible too.
They're all removable/configurable, although it often requires you know what to do. Not something an average computer user would be aware of.

I've never had these problem that much myself. I've been using PCs for years without reinstalling anything and shit just ran fine. Bootup slowdowns happened over time, because the sheer amount of services and tools I end up putting in the startup willingly, but that's it.

Just keep an eye on everything running in the background. It's never the operating system, it's always the software packages. Try keeping away from the big commercial packages, and watch out what else some installers try to sneak in.
>>
>>70550229
this filename is bullshit, why does it how?
>>
got a big amount of cells in an excel document, and I want to multiply all of them by 1000

what's the easiest way to do this? I'm talking almost a hundred thousand cells
>>
how can I view all static IPs on a network?
>>
File: aYJaDqlM_700w_0.jpg (53 KB, 640x606)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>forgot to plug in laptop while installing linux
>battery died during installation
>installation fucked
>can't even boot from the installing-usb
Have I destroyed it forever?
>>
>>70555348
so can i just make a full bridge rectifier from 2 mosfets? or a bjt and a mosfet or what ever. the fucking transistors man can i use them to make a full bridge rectifier if 1 is pnp and the other is npn ?

god you guys are as bad as /sci/ they wouldnt help me when my poo smelled like coffee which i hadnt drank any in some time and when i wiped it was orange but the log was brown
>>
Is there a way I can measure how much power a USB port delivers? I have 2x usb3 front ports and noticed that my external SSD often disconnects whereas the ports on the back are fine. I have checked all the cables and power saving options (disabled all) and tried different usb enclosures and its definitely the front ports that are playing up.
>>
>>70561237
I keep getting "Completing a failed IOCTL request" and "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort9, was issued" in event viewer when connected to front USB.
>>
>>70556745
The theory applies across programming paradigms, languages, and applications. If your goal is to be a great software developer, do CS. I still read CS papers on my free time
>>
Anyone know of a way of sharing <2GB of videos with a friend in another country without using a vpn?
We can't do a VPN because she doesn't want her Instagram etc. blocked.
>>
>>70561618
Just set up an SSH server and use SFTP. Setting that shit up takes like 2 minutes.
>>
>>70561618
wait instagram blocks you if you ever use a vpn?
>>
File: 1529449960974.png (29 KB, 1000x1800)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>70561637
alright I'll have a look into that. Thank you for helping me out.

>>70561653
That's something she said. I don't know how true it is, but they could do it to curb any unwanted activities on Instagram.
>>
>>70561038
At the top of all those cells change the header so it ends in "(in thousands)"
>>
>>70561073
Is it possible to brick the computer this way?
I can't boot anything.
>>
Is the final main build of Windows 10 1903 already out?
>>
File: download.png (1 MB, 1324x954)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
Asking here because /mu/ is retarded.
How is this supposed to work? BNC to 1/4" cables are extremely scarce and expensive yet everyone seems to be doing this lately.
>>
what's the best spellcheck dictionary for chrome and where do I get it? It underlines so many words and fucks me up like saying "surveil" isn't a word
>>
File: numbers.gif (499 KB, 500x281)
499 KB
499 KB GIF
I was sick of being a ramlet with my 2x4GB, so I bought the same brand, model, latency and ras and all that in 2x8GB.
Will I be able to use dual channel with 12GB per channel?
>>
File: 1527160841140.jpg (62 KB, 795x759)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
can someone ID the headphones?
>>
Currently working in an engineering firm with a BSME.
Want to blow my head out, should I apply for this IT help desk 1 job? What's the work like?
>>
>>70556618
>Can I buy a different wireless mouse and use it with the dongle key of my current mouse?
Depends on the mouse, but probably not since you're asking. Some Logitech ones can with the unifying receiver.
>>
>>70562638
That's Sennheiser
>>
Can someone make a new chink shit thread?
>>
>>70563279
it's in the catalog
>>
File: 1448959087820.png (111 KB, 316x325)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
Is there a good notes app that syncs between both desktop and mobile?
>>
>>70563448
onenote
>>
File: imretar.png (402 KB, 1341x658)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
hi, is there any way to remove the bar circled in blue
i have no use for it and it being there, all useless, annoys me
thanks
>>
What's the easiest way to keep extensions up to date on ungoogled chromium?
>>
A 3570k is throwing errors in prime95 without AVX on stock clocks.
8 hours of memtest didn't yield any errors.
Is the CPU dead? What else could it be? Why would it suddenly error out?
>>
>>70563029
no shit, which one
>>
A friend got a 2080ti so he have me his 780ti, but since he was using a water cooler, he only have the EVGA cooler but it's missing all the screws.
I already tried a cooler that actually fits (from another friend's MSI Armor GPU) but the 4 screws on the back are too short and doesn't make contact with the die.
Can i get some screws from eBay/AliExpress? And if not what's a cheap aftermarket cooler that won't burn that 780 ti? I don't want to spend more than 30€ for that.
>>
>>70560124
It's the lowest effort way to configure antennae for good reception, and it lets you plug in different ones with higher / lower gain if you want to shape your coverage area. Some devices with integral antennae have great reception though. It's something you need to check with a review site either way, since something like an additional power amp can skew results one way or another.
>>
>>70563888
trips, also I found this, which size should I get?
https://aliexpress.com/store/product/30pcs-M2-M2-5-M3-Springs-Screws-Phillips-Screw-with-Spring-Graphics-Card-Radiator-Bolts/1202422_32826097281.html
>>
File: 1540771332774.jpg (42 KB, 400x323)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Curious: Do you guys fap using your desktops or laptops? I like using my laptop more as of late, but something about seeing porn on a smaller screen just doesn't seem right. Unless it takes a good amount of getting used to.
>>
>>70564267
usually use my phone since I almost only fap to doujins and it is pretty convenient to have them on my phone with tachiyomi and go into the bathroom
>>
File: help_.jpg (64 KB, 539x960)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>70555348
>college give us some ftp and basic host (404 error show me apache server)
>almost everyone have basic HTML personal pages
>some Professors have cool ones (they pay for it, company name at the bottom)
>looking in source code and find "wp-content" (wordpress I guess)
So, If I want to install wordpress I need to find some external database... r-right?
>remotemysql
>we will delete any old accounts that haven't been used for over 30 days
I'm scared. Do you know some free and stable db? (and with the permissions that wordpress needs)

this is more /wdg/ related, but anyways
>learn some css/html/js
>discover bootstrap
>tried to join bootstrap to wordpress
>fail
>>
Now that skype is once again dead what's the most feature-complete alternative to discord?
>global hotkeys
>group video/desktop streaming
>mobile client
>not chink spyware
Self-hosted is fine too.
>>
I made the mistake of uninstalling a device via device manager in windows.
Not simply disable (that didn't work cause it would reactivate itself) but remove from the device manager alltogether by uninstalling.
Can I get it back without reinstalling windows?
>>
>>70564446
You don't need a database for a page that you edit manually, no matter how complex that page will be.
>>
>>70555348
Whenever I want to check an archived thread 4ChanX takes me to desuarchive.org where all the files always throw me a 404 Not Found.
Is there some configuration I can do to 4ChanX to redirect me to an archive with working images and videos?
>>
Why the fuck does my cursor on my thinkpad on Windows 10 keep moving after I let go? It's like I'm accelerating it by moving it and it keeps on moving and slows down when I let go. I reset the settings for the mouse and touchpad but the problems continues.
>>
>>70564787
in the advanced tab of settings, you can select a board in the top left and then pick which archives you want to be redirected to.
>>
File: 1200px-VLC_Icon.svg.png (372 KB, 1200x1359)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
VLC question: I'm using it on Windows and for some reason switching to fullscreen cycles through 2 different modes (full height with visible edges) before going real fullscreen
what's that and how do I disable that?
>>
How do I lock my refresh rate to 120hz in games in windows 7? I have a 144hz screen, I know I can set up the refresh rate to 120hz in Nvidia control panel (or even in windows), but games will still launch in 144hz.

Nvidia control panel has an option to let the game decide, and use the "highest available", but games will run either at 60 or 144 if they don't have 120hz native support.

I'm trying to play sekiro and monhun at 120fps/120hz because I can't get constant 144hz with my 6700k + rtx2060 combo at 1080p.

Help niggas
>>
I'm debating between a ThinkPad X1 Carbon and a Huawei Matebook X Pro.

Which would you choose /g/, and why?
>>
>>70565715
Thinkpad, cause it'll survive till the heat death of the universe
>>
>>70565669
buy a worse monitor
>>
>>70564805
The only options for File Redirection were Rebeccablacktech and Warosu.
Guess I'll pick the latter and hope that works.
Thanks Anon!
>>
Are all linux distro kinda the same? Like if i learn how to use Debian will i know how to use Redhat later? or a bunch of things are different?
>>
>>70566116
a couple of things differ from distro to distro. package managers are a noticeable difference. but 90% of what you'll learn will still apply.
>>
Retarded Excel question: I'm trying to divide large numbers evenly between 3 cells and round them to the nearest hundred.
what I want:
F14: 58700
F7: 19600
F8: 19500
F9: 19600
but also handle:
F14: 58600
F7: 19500
F8: 19600
F9: 19500
>>
>>70566369
in calc, excel should be the same
F7=ROUND(F14/3, -2)
F8=ROUND(F14/3, -2)
F9=F14-F8-F7

not sure if this doesn't divide nicely in some cases but I don't think so
>>
>>70566116
only thing I'd add is that if you use desktop and struggle with desktop issues - you won't be able to utilize much of that knowledge later with servers.

>>70565669
Just use MSI Afterburner and the RTSS that comes with it. Lock it to 120 and that's it.

>>70564679
Just reboot Windows / hit the scan for hardware changes? lol.
>>
>>70564446
>some free and stable db
yea it's not so easy....

- try using SQLite + Wordpress. it's like an SQL but file based.
- remote hosted sql is "hard" because usually with any Linux distro, you get a LAMP basically. the whole stack. but what makes it safe is that the SQL and all of it runs local, confined. so like there is no remote SQL connection allowed, people can't even try to hack your SQL. if you let remote connections to a mysql server, anyone can bruteforce 24-7.
- you can get super cheap shared hosting, or Amazon AWS has free tier, or DigitalOcean gives free credits for students... I'd just host my shit on a remote site. And just have like a basic info + redirect site on the uni place.
>>
>>70563888
EVGA is fucking cool. just mail them and they might just send you the screws.

>>70563578
what kind of errors?
does it mess up anywhere else?

what else? memory for example. heat too.
>>
File: nightfly.jpg (261 KB, 827x800)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
What would be the best way of setting up your own online radio station? I've tried looking into this but the only thing I can find are websites shilling their own services, rather than any objective information on it.
>>
>>70562764
not sure how that job would contribute to your career/life...

>>70562600
yes.
they go in like AA BB or AB AB, see motherboard's manual.

>>70562576
Grammarly? it's not a dict tho.

>>70561073
>>70562204
No.. you can't brick it. You just don't have a bootloader. Just boot the Linux installer again, and let it install again.
Basically Windows has it's bootloader, but if you install Linux, that just won't work anymore. At the end of the install Linux will install GRUB, an alternative loader. But yours couldn't.
>>
>>70561618
Syncthing?
or sftp server, filezilla server has FTP+TLS too.
>>
>>70561618
>>70566971
>>70561720
you could even use Hamachi, connect and use shared folders. but Syncthing is best IMO.
>>
File: DTMJ2366.jpg (2.07 MB, 2448x3264)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
>>70566894
>desktop and struggle with desktop issues - you won't be able to utilize much of that knowledge later with servers.

Could you elaborate on desktop issues and servers? Im getting into linux because of networking and i will probably manage some servers in the future. Thanks
>>
>>70555348
how to take a live linux usb, and use a computer with ethernet to compile and make the a6210 netgear driver and have it stay when I move the usb to the computer that only has a wifi dongle for connection?
>>
>>70561237
there are like usb boards that can measure, they usually have a readout display. search on ebay.
>>
What is the most barebone OS I can use that I can run with modern technology with 0 problems, anything else in the OS I want to develop them myself. I just want a OS(pretty much like UNIX), any programs I may use in it, I want to program them myself.
I feel like the bad part about how shit any distro/OS is because of how bloat they are and being a passive user, I have no choice but to use them. So I want to go from a passive to an active user, to only use what I develop(or at least know the ins and outs of anything I'm using so I can easily modify it when I want it), but I also feel that this may not be doable anymore thanks to how fast technology has advanced from 00s to now.
>>
>>70566995
I'd assume he's talking about desktop problems being mostly userland and servers generally don't use any sort of userland so doesn't have those issues because it's all headless administered through a webui
>>
>>70561071
you can't. an IP is an IP.

>>70560805
use a content manager like WordPress?
>>
>>70559907
check smartctl data
>>
>>70559310
Impossible.

>>70559261
With stands? Rubber mounts? I mean....

>>70558836
When it comes to what?

>>70558328
Nothing changed. Wordpress + theme. It even auto updates now so...
Other than that, "Bootstrap" if you want static. It's like a static kit and you work upon that.
There is also the "parallax" meme.
>>
>>70558036
Sansa Clip+ ?
I am not a /mu/tant, but I had/have my Clip+ and it worked, still works. It had like a custom firmware on it and all... IMO its a decent player and super cheap.

>>70566995
So like... when you use a desktop, what kind of issues you have?
Your icons don't match. Your GTK theme looks odd, you want to properly set Qt looks. Audio lags, you tweak pulse's config a bit. You need 3D, so you install GPU drivers one way or another.

My point is that these all add up to a specific skillset. Which is indeed "Linux experience", but you don't need these on a server. On a server, you would need like... how to set up LAMP, how to write a simple backup script and schedule it with cron. How to secure a server. How to set up a cpanel or something similar. That kind of stuff. It's just different.

I used Linux for 5years+ on desktop, and the only thing I was able to re-use when I started using servers is the basic terminal knowledge that I needed when my shit broke.
>>
>>70558036
fiio x3?
>>
>>70566999
well...
> boot live linux from another pendrive
> install it on your target pendrive
> compile the driver
boom.

if you MUST change the live system...
> check live systems' kernel
> grab same version
> copy kernel config
> change it so your driver is included
> compile
> unpack the live image (they are all packed different)
> repack with replaced kernel
> boot
>>
File: dodrecaptcha.png (140 KB, 400x580)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
So I work for a big company and all of our printers are connected to a network. I want to print a bunch of tax/medical documents but I'm concerned that that someone could be logging everything and I don't want my shit backed up on some company server I don't know about.

Is that a legit concern or am I just being dumb? I don't care if they have a job list that shows the titles of the documents. I'm just worried that someone could see/record the actual contents.
>>
>>70567012
LFS. Linux From Scratch.
Not even kidding.
>>
>>70567247
thanks
>>
>>70567250
it's not a bad/stupid concern. but what could they do with the info?
see: https://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-252706.html
it depends on the printer though, like if its a "raw printer" ..the printer itself on the network... it shouldn't be possible to log jobs/documents.
>>
Why has my svchost process (in Win7-64) been slowing my PC down recently? It occasionally spikes up to 2GB of RAM usage and slows my whole system down when it does so. Is there any utility that could tell me what's up?
>>
>>70567254
also try around things like Knoppix. there might be just a distro that "just works".
>>
>>70567277
It's either updates or a rootkit (same thing amirite :^))
>>
>>70567273
Thanks anon. I just don't like the idea of having copies of my 1099 on some random server that may or may not belong to some 3rd party contractor. I realize that that may already be the case, but I'd rather limit the spread of my info if possible.
>>
>>70567252
Ok, thank you anon.
>>
Can i use Inspect Element to fiddle with the scripts on a webpage to gain more access on a webpage/server?
>>
>>70567520
Not really. The scripts are mostly user side, so worst case ... the thing they process are not sanitized, so you could do like an SQL injection or remote command execution. But that's not really with the script themselves.
>>
>>70555348
>try to uninstall Norton Antivirus cause I don’t wanna pay for the subscription anymore
>fucking tanks my OS
>have to reinstall Win10 and all my apps
>probably gonna lose all my files, too
Fuck this
>>
How can i move files from my computer to a virtual machine im running on it?
>>
>>70567595
shared folders, or something like that. don't remember the exact name but it's an option to share folders from the host to the vm
>>
>>70567582
man, you dumb....

>>70567595
- if virtualbox: enable "drag and drop" in top menu. drag and drop.
- or enabled shared foders.

- vmware: drag and drop.
- or shared folders.

(remember, you have to install guest additions)
KVM/Hyper-V... just use Filezilla server on your host and share a folder.
>>
>>70567682
>>70567623
I am a brainlet. Thanks guys, i just started messing around with virtualbox
>>
>>70567582
How do I reformat my fucking hard drives so that I can go back to my pirated boot image when I don’t have a working OS
>>
Is there any software for W10 to make windows(any, not just explorer) transparent(the entire window, not just the border aero style)?
>inb4 google
tried it, and there's a many programs, but there's so many sketchy ones that i have no idea which one to trust, so asking others seems a better option
>>
File: 54545.jpg (57 KB, 756x569)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
How do i start using IPv6? i configurated this and although i get an IPv6 from the ISP i can't connect to the internet without the IPv4 and besides internet doesn't recognise the IPv6 i have.
>>
>>70567836
Autohotkey WinSet command
>>
>>70567973
thanks, didn't know ahk had this function
>>
>>70567582
>using Symantec software in any year
You deserved anything you get. I literally wouldn't use that shit for free. If you pay attention to the tech world at all you'd realize Symantec contains no competent engineers and exists only to squeeze profit from technologies other companies built.
>>
>>70567250
Buy your own fucking printer retard. It's $100 and will last you 10 years. If your privacy isn't worth $10 a year then fuck you.
>>
>>70566928
>let remote connections to a mysql server without VPN
lol?
>>
I want to actually learn Linux. I got an old laptop that I can fuck with. What's a good distro to start and learn Linux on? Not necessarily looking for a "windows-like experience." I want a Linux distro that feels like Linux that I can learn command line stuff on and tweak and theme and mess with. Pic related is what I'm working with, ignore the fact that it's Ubuntu already.
>>
>>70568186
Ubuntu LTS. No distro is going to limit your ability to learn command line stuff and tweak and theme. You can install any DE or WM on Ubuntu.
>>
File: r7choppy3.jpg (306 KB, 2317x1285)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
Anyone have experience with AMD cards and GPU MHz fluctuations?

I just got the card yesterday and of course its not working correctly. The GPU/activity keeps crashing down to 0 in the middle of games making it choppy, and its not reaching any thermal limits.

I have given it +20% more power (no effect) and played with stock voltages.

Any ideas on what to do or do I send this shitbox back and get another?
>>
>>70568186
> I want a Linux distro that feels like Linux that I can learn command line stuff on and tweak and theme and mess with

any of them. eventually the piece of shit will break and invariably the solution will be to reinstall. don't worry,eventually you'll take the windowspill like the rest of us.
>>
File: am i retarded.png (266 KB, 665x574)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
Help me /sqt/! Is it possible to disable botnetted updates on Firefox 60 ESR? No bullshit JSON edits or other fuck-shittery of that sort, just good old fashioned "disable this bullshit" button?
>>
$225 good for a used evga gtx 980 superclock?
>>
>>70568319
Yeah it's called icecat
>>
>>70568370
you can get a more powerful and new gtx 1050ti for about $160-180, so no
>>
>>70568462
>1050ti
>more powerful
>>
I've switched the DNS on my laptop for IPV4/6 to AdGuard DNS but I'm still seeing ads with uBlock disabled.
>>
Is there a way to force myself out of an Captive internet access point?

My apartments upgraded my internet but I am still stuck on the old access point. I've tried

>Power cycling
>Leaving PC off for 2 hours
>>
>>70568490
than a used overclocked 980? yes
if they were both new, the 980 would be a better option, but at that price and used, a new 1050ti will be more powerful
>>
File: image.png (7 KB, 554x128)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>70568512
Because gpus naturally lose power as they grow old, especially when overclocked, right?
>>
File: 1543622944814.png (14 KB, 313x72)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
why is my ubo showing this huge number?
it was at 400 earlier and was growing larger in different threads.
>>
Which one of these sounds like a better idea?

1. Developing a new mesh protocol / using existing mesh protocols (Bluetooth mesh) to allow people to creating distributed networks in metropolitan areas thanks to everyone having a smartphone. Chat applications, file sharing, etc will be built on top.

2. Developing an imageboard that is designed to have a list of server hosts that mirrors its content that can be dynamically updated so people could make copies of the site and host it wherever. Problem is of course using a hash system to ensure each server hosts the right thing. Blockchain is probably useful here.
>>
>>70568497
The old access point would still be on the improved network otherwise the network you're connecting to is wrong.

Otherwise:
DHCP release renew?
>>
>>70555348
umf uwu
>>
>>70568651
I have no idea how they did it, I was getting internet at .4mbps. In the instructions it said to power cycle your computer and it should bring you to your new access point.

I am letting everything sit off and unplugged for an hour but if this doesn't work I will try it.
>>
>>70568631
1: there's not enough power/mesh bandwidth to support multimedia applications
2: usenet
>>
File: at eternity's gate.jpg (292 KB, 1496x1920)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
AHHHH HOW DO I UNFUCK THE SAMSUNG ONE UI THAT JUST RAPED MY NOTE 8?!?! EVERYTHING LOOKS SO CHILDISH AND UNATTRACTIVE!!
>>
can anyone link me to some documentation or just explain it here how exactly veracrypt works with encrypted files? what i mean is how exactly the files get added? like there's an ancrypted list that says where each file begins and each new file is just added at the end or is it one big container that gets encrypted? also how does it deal with data corruption? if part of the container gets corrupted what happens to the files inside?
>>
>>70568611
Because you let javascript run.

>>70568705
>HOW DO I UNFUCK THE SAMSUNG ONE UI
Make a theme using the old official assets. Except black themes fuck everything up and you can't use night mode.
>>
What is the easier way to take international payments in the us?
>>
Would it be funny if I gift my friends hentai games on steam?
>>
>>70568914
only if your a normie
>>
>>70568914
Yes, in a "saw this, thinking of you" way.
>>
>>70559834
Aaand it's dead. That was close. Shit, I expected soon but not that soon. Well, time to waste a few days getting back to where I was, hoping I didn't forget to backup anything more or less important.
Probably did.
>>
What kind of torrent client do i need to use if i want to seed multiple stuff 24/7?

Deluge just moves everything to Queue and stop seeding it and i would love to seed old torrents that took me a long time to download because they had few seeds.
>>
>>70569220
>and stop seeding it
probably because it already reached the predefined ratio. try to increase it
>>
>>70569220
Transmission-daemon, frien. It's the best of the best and super comfy :3
>>
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1583676614

is this the best font for making text bigger in ck2? It isn't helping quite enough
>>
>>70569236
where's your shill thread, faggot?
>>
>>70569246
transmission-daemon is the objectively correct answer unless you're building a 10GB+ seedbox.
>>
>>70569329
i still don't see your shill thread
>>
>>70569236
>Transmission-daemon,
Alright then, thanks.
>>
>>70569352
>falling for the shilling sperglord
wanna see all the threads where he shits on other clients while using retarded, unsupported arguments as to why transmission is better?
>>
File: 55556666.jpg (155 KB, 1056x796)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
Should i get a Switch Cisco 3550 and a Cisco Pix 515? I want them to learn networking at home, i also have the chance to get a router, the 2811, 2600, 2500, or the 2611xm that is like 50% more than the others, what do you people think?
>>
Not sure whether to ask here or /pcbg/ desu

I don't do much recording, but I want to get a secondary GPU, Nvidia specifically since I already have the RX580, with the Nvidia GPU specifically for NVENC in OBS, and maybe PhysX in the rare game that supports it.
Because it'd only be for NVENC & PhysX, which are somewhat common, but not all too common really, I wouldn't want to get something like a used 980 Ti for example, and if I were to buy an Nvidia GPU, I'd rather just buy new and sell my current.
What's a reasonable GPU for this sort of usage?
>>
I have a 48 inch 1080p Samsung smart TV, from 2013 I think.

How much should I try and sell it for? $150? $125?
>>
>>70569651
dont get any switches or any of that bullshit. its all been replaced by virtualization. just build a mid-tier system and install vmware esxi or some hypervisor on it and use virtual networking / switches / virtual machines etc etc. dont make the same mistake i did. i bought a bunch of switches that i dont even use because 90% of my home lab is literally inside one server.
>>
Is there a reason to use the proprietary drivers for AMD GPUs instead of the open source drivers on Linux?
>>
>>70570069
If something doesn't work with the open ones, try the proprietary ones. Otherwise don't bother
>>
>>70570069
The Pro driver supports more features, but you probably don't need them.
>>
What's the best free CAD software?
>>
My USB stick is behaving weird. It's plugged in but Windows will only detect it for a few seconds before losing sight of it. It says there's a problem with it too. Should i be worried? Is this a sign my USB will be ded soon?
>>
>>70555348
i bought an ssd and my boot up times are great, but theres still like this 30 second window where nothing happens. right after that the computer finally outputs video and fully boots in a few seconds after that. did i do something dumb? any way to eliminate that waiting time? does my motherboard suck or something?
>>
File: pajeet.png (292 KB, 795x874)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
How do you fix a wikipedia page?
This is triggering me https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_sensitivity
>>
File: 0cc.jpg (51 KB, 633x640)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>70570220
Also it seems if I try to play a file from it, it will keep pausing and freezing before resuming. It's like Windows is having a lot of difficulty accessing the drive.
What's going on, and how could this have happened?
>>
File: 1542972755560.gif (41 KB, 170x200)
41 KB
41 KB GIF
Is there a way to select items in an existing library, say movies for instance, and move them to a different library in plex? I've got on folder containing all of my tv shows and movies, and several of my shows are being added to my movies library which is bugging me.
>>
dropped my Redmi 6 pro at the gym and the screen is fucked. I need to navigate a page so I can (hopefully) put my text messages on their shitty Mi Cloud, but the touchscreen is spazzing out. Is there a workaround I can do to just not have it fucking about for like 10 seconds?
>>
File: DVe1qZUW0AAeheA.png (193 KB, 383x508)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
For the meme, could you install Black Arch on a Pi Zero?...
>>
File: DVe1sJaW4AASIcM.png (266 KB, 382x508)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>
File: 7.png (51 KB, 540x297)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
What are some security risks to running a Minecraft server on my home network on a port-forwarded old laptop? Is it worth setting up a DMZ for it despite being a networking brainlet?
>>
File: DVe1ukLXcAACO_x.png (159 KB, 383x508)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>
>>70570517
The security risk is someone digging into your house and taking your pet pigs.
>>
>>70570517
No real security threat.
Worry when you are a business and a real target, at worst you will get a DDOS attack.
>>
File: 1519438556426.png (19 KB, 703x911)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Complete computer illiterate here

don't know shit about computers/networking so bare with my dumbass here

zoomer dad left our router without a password and firewall and the same deal on our PC's running windows and hid the SSID claiming no one could find the network let alone join it, he claims its to maximize the internet speed and that the firewalls slow it down, hes been extremely autistic with maximizing the download speeds constantly changing the settings in the router sometimes restarting it several times a day and even replacing windows on our only desktop for pop os, he thought it would it was the end all be all os with out the windows bloat slowing everything down it only took a day for it to confuse the shit out of him and he went insane when it took 2 hours to download a 100mb nvidia video driver he then decided it was was to complicated and a piece of shit and now wants to get a $30 copy of windows 10 on ebay

all in all my question if if theirs some logic to his madness or if hes lost it
>>
>>70570616
You can find the network even if you hide the SSID.
>Pop os
Just tell him to use mint or plain ubuntu.

Your internet speed is based in your ISP, cant change much about that unless you have some shitty router/modem.
>>
>>70570616
Your dad is living in 1996, I don't think you can save him.
>>
Is pcie compatible with those 3.0 expansion cards and are there any low profile ones that could fit in an all in one?
>>
Is the PSU a really important component to invest your money?
>>
>>70570679
Yes since it affects how much the rest of your parts will last and how protected they would be in case of electrical failure.
Just get a EVGA G2 or G3 or a Seasonic PSU and avoid Corsair PSUs.
>>
>>70570650
Kinda what I figured, throughout all his experimenting with the router settings I've never seen a visible improvement and the download speeds have never gone above 60mbps he have a decent asus ac1750 and he went full autism with the modem, scouring forums and doing research for a month before deciding on a $50 tp-link modem saying it had a different chip set then the shitty intel puma ones most modems used, I bought it for him and he was super excited but I still saw zero improvement in anything
>>
>>70570711
>asus ac1750
With the stock firmware?
Different firmware will do more than a new router.
Anyway $50 is in the "just works" area and the expensive stuff is not really worth it for 60Mbps.
Intel Puma chipsets are indeed flawed, but you wont notice it in normal household use.
>>
Help I can't remember a tech term.
It's on the tip of my tongue, it means the same thing as "curtail" or "contract" but in reference to data. It's what you call it when the end of some data gets lobbed off to fit it into a buffer that's too small for it.
>>
>>70570748
Never mind, I remembered it, the word I was looking for was "truncated"
>>
File: 1525495897818.jpg (126 KB, 960x960)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
¿What are some valid reasons to use Win10 instead of Win7?
>>
>>70570828
Hardware compatibility.
That is it.
>>
Where should I be buy my domain from?
>>
>>70570843
i hear namesilo is good
>>
>>70561038
Make a formula next to the first cell that does what you want. Then, on the bold border around the selected cell there should be a dot that, if you drag it, will copy your formula in respect to its and the variable's locations.
>>
>>70568495
They allow a few ads, if they link directly back to the official site of the advertised product. The majority of ads are blocked though. Running pihole would rid you of everything.
>>
>>70570224
It could be a POST delay. It might be worth scouring the BIOS for options. I knowy previous Mobo had a BIOS splash screen delay option, so who knows.
Boot order might play a role, especially if you have a lot of USB devices. BIOS update could help, too.
>>
>>70570828
windows store exclusives if you care about vidya i guess

>>70570679
last time i cheaped out on a psu my hard drive would flat out stop working in periods of intense activity, causing it to freeze my entire computer for several minutes at a time

of course i thought the hdd was dying at first, took me weeks to identify the psu as the real culprit

never again
>>
>>70570562
>No real security threat.
>>
So I previously had Win10 and switched back to windows 7, and now I have this massive WindowsApps folder I can't get rid of, I am really tech illiterate
>>
>>70567582
>>70567773
> prepare an Ubuntu live usb stick
> save files to an external drive
> reinstall Windows
> copy back files

It's really not that hard, anon...
>>
>>70567939
You should get dual stack, ie.: IPv4 and IPv6. And then you can connect to like IPv6 Google.
But most sites don't even have IPv6, it's a meme. IPv6 was more popular years ago, which is fucking ridiculous.

>>70568705
I used One UI on a Note 9 and it's barely any different than the TouchJizz UI.... stop overreacting anon. Also themes.

>>70568781
Western Union? Paypal? I am a yuropoor.

>>70569959
If you need NVENC, you need a Turing so like 1660 or 2060 RTX or anything above.
See: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-streaming/
Just get a 1660? Maybe the 1650 will have the same NVENC and shit and then you can use that.

To be fair, any mid range Nvidia will fucking obliterate the RX580... so I'd just sell that and buy a new RTX 2060 maybe.

>>70570176
No such thing anon. There are cheaper alternatives such as "ZwCad" (I just know a guy using it). But free.. nope.
>>
When I start Firefox, it connects to firefox.settings.services.mozilla.com how can I turn this off?
>>
>>70570220
Well, it's probably dying / dead? Unless it's a branded good stick like Corsair, don't expect too much.

>>70570229
Click edit on top of the page. You should register a user as well.
It's really not rocket science.

>>70570502
Out of the box, no. If you recompiled the whole Black Arch distro into ARM64, then yes.
I think Rpi can also emulate certain things, I think x86... but their site only shows an amd64/x86_64 image, so that's fucked too.

>>70570517
Nothing, but man, minecraft kids get ANGERY. prepare to get DDOSd off the fucking internet.
Just rent a cheap used dedicated server if you have people to play with.
If you mod minecraft, it gets VERY CPU and ram intensive too.

>>70570679
YES. A good brand barely costs more than a shit one.
>>
>>70570843
Namesilo, Namecheap... I use Namesilo. It just works, been there for like past 2 years, they didnt' fuck me over with high renewal prices, etc. Not trying to shill them though, get whatever you like.
>>
how can i run an android app using an older vrsion of android?
>>
>>70571633
W H Y

Also, you could use a live Linux USB stick probably. Like Ubuntu.
>>
>>70571866
Android apps have like a minimum SDK. If your OS is older, then it can't run.
>>
>>70571868
I wanted to play Gears of War 4 and switched back over a year ago, I just found the game hiding away on my games drive eating up 130 gb

And thanks for the advice it sounds easy enough
>>
>>70571890
yea but why switch to 7, it's like super end of life. not a win10 fan here for sure, but still, it just works.
just use 10 LTSB, or fuck, server 2016 if you are such a special snowflake, or a #nerd...
>>
>>70571835
You don't need Turing for NVENC, GTX 600 series and newer have NVENC support.
If I wanted to spend a bunch of money on a newer card, anything would be fine for infrequent recording.
My RX580 runs everything I play perfectly fine, and I have zero reason to upgrade, was mostly just interested in a cheap, somewhat old Nvidia card just to be the NVENC/PhysX slave.
>>
>>70571875
i mean i have andr 9, is it possible to run an app in compatibility mode for andr 8?
>>
>>70570176
LibreCAD is one I know of.
Haven't used it, so can't really comment on it.
>>
>>70571899
Haha, read the article mate, that's why I linked it ffs.
I have a GTX880M, a GTX760, a GTX1060, and a 1070 TI and a 1080.

You know what's common? NVENC LOOKS LIKE FUCKING SHIT VOMIT ALL OVER THE SCREEN.
Even with like fucking 6000kbps bitrate which will lag all your audience the fuck out.
Why do you think Nvidia made it 'news'? Because its actually a new, good feature. Fuck.
>>
>>70571902
uh, it will just run. when you create an app in Android SDK/Studio, you specify the minimum SDK version.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/android/app-fundamentals/android-api-levels?tabs=windows

See "Minimum Android Version".

>>70571907
Btw even recordings looks like ass. OR Nvidia Highlights. It's just.. shit vomit. Everywhere.
>>
>>70571898
Win10 was really fucking me at the time and GoW4, which was 100% of the reason for trying it out, didnt blow me away and take me back into the series, so I just went back to what I knew

but seeing as windows 7 somehow turned on auto updates for the 3rd time this week maybe its time to go back
>>
>>70571907
>>70571922
I indeed read a decent chunk of that article.
There's a difference between recording short videos and streaming.
A friend of mine who barely makes money on Jewtube has a GTX 980, and his videos look just fine, and he uses OBS with NVENC as opposed to Nvidia Shadowplay or whatever it's called now.
>>
>>70571925
yea I mean you could use 8.1 as well and you have the best feature (fast boot, hybrid sleep).. but for real, MS stopped pushing new big updates so aggressively, so luckily my PC didn't break in the past year at all. I had frequent BSODs on a HP EliteBook - turned out it was the stock image HP shipped the machine with. upon installing a clean 10, zero issues.

and you have the things like the new retpoline mitigation
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/boost-windows-10-performance-with-retpoline-spectre-mitigation/

>>70571933
Yea I am just saying. I set my ShadowPlay to like 50,000kbps and my temp directory to my 6TB HDD RAID0 array.
The directory is 125GB already with just a few days of short clips.

I know it "works" with NVENC, but you just need such a high bitrate. And it's unusable for streaming. Even Intel QSV is better if you have a recent Intel CPU.
>>
File: bitrate.png (136 KB, 1937x1017)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>70571946
see.
so like you need a fast HDD array or SSD to take temp. then you have to work with big ass files that still look ass. and finally re-encode a gazillion gigabytes into a 20-100mb clip... eh, its' just ass.
>>
>>70571946
Thanks for the recommendations anon! Now I am going to go die of sadness because my tech savvy gf broke up with me a few months ago
>>
>>70555348
how do i get catboy bf like pic related?
>>
File: img.jpg (104 KB, 1072x1920)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Is there a distinct name how pic related is called? I mean the nozzle insert or whatever you would call it. It's standard size for a regular bottle and I wanted to know how to search for such a thing if I lose one, since I got this one when I bought isopropyl several years ago and they don't sell em with that bottle anymore
>>
>>70571977
pls don't.

>>70571980
good luck!
>>
>>70571984
this is /sqt/ that was more of a question than a statement
>>
File: 1555057263982.jpg (223 KB, 1242x1804)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
Anonces, do i upgrade my i5-4670k to an i7-4790k or do i save up for a full cpu plus mobo plus ram swap?
Please do the mindful and send advice thanks
>>
What software is good for DVD copying? Not movies or anything, home video stuff.
>>
>>70572126
do the 4790K. I did the same and it breathed new life into my machine.
it's practically a 7700K with this upgrade. only worthy upgrade above this is the 9700K/9900K, but those cost way more.
there is also Ryzen, but it's utter trash in single thread (both the 4670K and 4790K literally obliterate it in any game or single perf task). ie.: It's not an upgrade.
>>
>>70572182
Windows: imgburn
Linux: k3b .. if it's still a thing. long years ago, I used k3b.
>>
>>70572188
What did you have before?
In what scenarios did you notice a jump?
>>
>>70572188
also the 9700K/9900K is just way too power hungry, so you need a very good VRM (superb motherboard) and very beefy cooling. and once Intel FINALLY FUCKING releases 10nm and maybe 7nm closely after that, it just becomes really obsolete, really bloody fast. so I wouldn't bother.

yes, a new 9700K build would give me way higher 1% performance in games (way less dips), but you know, PUBG runs at 100 FPS on the 4790K using a 1070 TI. what else could I ask for. I play it on 60 FPS lock anyway, due to the stupid framerate locked gun physics shit. and meh, Fortnut runs at 140 FPS or so, but really can't feel much diff.

>>70572209
used the 4670K haha. it worked more or less okay in games even like Black Cocks 4, but as soon as my PC even updated the clock, it caused huge dips. streaming or recording gameplay was out of the question as well. and just in desktop overall, I couldn't multitask that well really. sometimes my PC was just waiting for shit to load.

with the 4790K.. I can stream, I can play any demanding title really, or multitask super heavily.
do I state that this CPU is SO STRONG? no, of course, if you have a 9700K, you also have a 3200mhz RAM most likely. and games like Battlefield V, will run probably much better than on a 4790K. then again. BF V fucking sucks. bought it when it was discounted, biggest regret since my BF 1 purchase. prolly will sell this origin account too. Ps.: fuck you EA.
>>
>>70572191
Thanks anon. Never needed to actually copy a dvd before, always just did dd in linux whenever I was writing an install disc.
>>
>>70572222
Ya man, i bough pf1 on sale too, played it once, never again. My brother loves it though, even wants to update his cpu for it, the little zoomer.
Really im looking to upgrade for switch emulation and monhun world, otherwise mostly for kicks
>>
>>70572222
damn, nice repeating digits, congratz myself.
I'd suggest selling the 4670K, I was able to sell it for like 110 euro, and bought the 4790K from ebay from the chinks for 185 euro.
before that I was able to find an other 4790K in my own country for ~130 euro, that was a steal. but yea, we both use a 4790K now. it just doesn't make any sense to go anything else. trust me, I checked.

> 2600K/2700K
> 3770K
> 4770K/4790K
Pros:
> 4core 8 thread
> most can do 4.7 ghz and even above
> DDR3 (cheap, LOADSARAM)
> used, cheap motherboards
> Z97 has M2 SSD even

> 5820K or 5th/6th gen used
Pros:
> six core
> cpu is cheap
> can do 4.5ghz+
Cons:
> ddr4 - and it can't run the best/latest
> pricey motherboards, even used as "Extreme" was like enthusiast series shit

>>70572242
> loves bf1
F
If he is a filthy casual, just use a service like Shadow.tech ... not to shill or anything, but meh, it's... it runs BF just fine.

> switch emulation and monhun world
I didn't do Switch emulation on this CPU, do you want me to anything to test?
The Chinese 4790K I bought can do 4.5 on 1.21vc and 4.7 on 1.3.
>>
>>70572258
>Chinese
Veery nice
Ali express?
Also i cant expect you to download mario switch, the rom is like 25gb. I guess if battlefield runs fine then monhun should too, its an unoptimized cpu hog
>>
>>70572272
got it from ebay, seller had high rep, I was like worst case I get a refund.
you could also look at local used sites if you have any trusted ones.. like we one for like computer peeps and we have a reputation system, etc.

eh, I can download it, I have 1gbps/1gbps internet.
we are poor af in yurup, but we have fast internet.
>>
>>70572281
>>70572272
btw I need cemu.. the mario switch thing and... any firmwares or stuff like that?
>>
>>70572285
No, you need yuzu (the switch emulator)
Pretty much that, switch key files and mario odyssey rom. I dont remember exactly how it goes but there are some tutorials with mega links to the keys and showing how to set it up
Im eurofag too 20mbps/4mbps tho
>>
File: purchasing_videogames.png (4 KB, 1313x21)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>70572305
Found an Odyssey "RF version" for ReiNX/Hekate CFW. Not sure if that loads in yuzu.
>>
>>70572319
Holy shit dude, that speed though.
Id say it probably does.
Misremembered rom size it seems
>>
>>70572330
yea grabbing the shit from a reddit post... feels like 1990s... grabbing DDL shit from Mega, lol.
>>
>>70572352
Yes :)
Tbh its a bit shallow of me, upgrading for those things. Otherwise everything is perfectly snappy. But i feel its time for an upgrade anyway
>>
File: file.png (54 KB, 1708x793)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>70572364
it's loading, wasn't too hard, just needed the firmware/shader files from plebbit.
will see in a sec how it runs
>>
>>70572368
Whats it like anon :o
>>
File: uhhh.png (59 KB, 1166x706)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>70572404
apparently, the Shader cache that I grabbed from Reddit needs to be loaded and that only runs with 1 thread... rest in pepperoni...
well, I am in no hurry.
>>
>>70572407
Haha yeah i kinda tried it a bit ago and gave up because of the performance so i cant give precise troubleshooting
>>
>>70572407
>>70572404
https://www.reddit.com/r/yuzu/comments/apjkiu/multi_core/

or there is no multi-core/thread at all... then buying a 7700K or 8086K and running it on 5ghz might be the only option... even that is just a minor speed bump like 10-30% very max. :/
>>
>>70572421
https://yuzu-emu.org/entry/yuzu-progress-report-2018-p4/
Awh big heck, i swear it supported it last time i tried
Note: The Multi-core option has been temporarily removed, due to inaccuracies in our kernel and scheduler. We will likely support multi-core at some point in the future.
It seems from this they removed it. I guess you could download an old version again, i did notice a big drop in performance after updating it a while back. Welp, goes to show dont update what aint broken. I guess you could find the version before the removal, though youve already done more than enough so thank you
>>
>>70572459
No probs. Still loading, but I reckon perf would be roughly the same. also not sure if the rom files and stuff would work with an older build. will try to install Nightly (or whatever it's called) once the shader load finishes.
>>
What's the actual worst that would realistically happen if I buy a quite obvious scam on Ebay?
Noticing quite a lot of Ryzen CPU's well below $100.
>>
>>70572473
Yeah nightly / canary will probably run better.
https://youtu.be/n-fElYfNmYo Runs it very well, though he has an i7-8700k
im not spending that much for switch emulation for sure though, will rather wait for the emulator to optimize
>>
>>70572502
Core 2 duo
>>
What's the difference m2 ssd and just a regular ssd?
>>
>>70572521
m2 goes into the motherboard's m2 slot usually. it's supposed to be faster too, but of course, that depends on the SSD itself. ie.: it can use TLC, MLC, it can be whatever. you get the idea.

>>70572505
yea I am on canary now, 90% done.
>>
>>70572521
some are faster some are not
All fit in a neat little slot
>>
Does Ryzen do emulation well?
>>
>>70572521
M.2 is the form factor. NVMe VS SATA are the interface/standard. Simply put, NVMe are typically faster than SATA, but quite a bit more expensive.
If we're talking about a Crucial MX500 M.2 VS 2.5", it's within margin of error of one another.
>>
>>70572526
Oh also feel free to fug with the performance / acceleration settings a bit, also thank you very much for this
>>
>>70572537
So, the end results... I think:
> game runs HARDCORE on 1 thread
> ONLY 1 thread. nothing more.
> it needs a FUCKTON of memory. it eats up 10-12gb easily. I wouldn't try to emulate below 24-32gb.
Actually I have 24gigs available but the fucking seller sent me a bent pin motherboard and 2 slots don't work on my motherboard. The struggle is real, anon.
>>
>>70572629
Lol awh :c
Thats okay anon
I swear i played up to the first level on 40~ fps
Such is life
Ill probably upgrade anyway
Thanks anon!
>>
>>70572708
I can only recommend the upgrade, I mean at this point you can still sell the i5 for a reasonable amount and then you have a decent PC again.

>>70572533
if the emulator scales with threads/cores, yes.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (51 KB, 1280x720)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
How do I overclock my CPU? I'm to afraid that I will fuck something up
>>
>>70572739
I have ryzen 5 1600
>>
>>70572739
>>70572745
you don't really. ryzen is not very overclockable. it's pretty much pre-binned.

just make sure your ram runs at the proper frequency...and that's about it.
>>
File: super_lag_odyssey.jpg (350 KB, 2363x803)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>70572708
I mean I ain't lyin
>>
>>70572748
but I've seen people overclocking it to 3.9 ghz
>>
>>70572754
well it's just what I heard. not sure what +300mhz of speed can give ya.
>>
>turn on heater
>speakers click
>turn off
>turn back on
>one monitor shuts off until i shut the heater off
EXPLAIN THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW
>>
>>70572732
Where did you sell the i5, ebay?
Auction or set price?
>>
>>70572769
Ur electric installations a poop
>>
>>70572754
shit, fucking hotkeys.
so.
from what I heard:
> it will increase heat load A LOT
> the normal AMD Turbo (XFR, etc) works great
> from what I read.. but you can watch youtube, etc, it will give only a marginal perf increase and its' just not worth it overall.

but.
in a nutshell, you overclock on ANY modern PC by:
- pick a reasonable high vcore (this depends on chip, Ryzen likes higher, go look what's reasonable for 1600)
- set a 3.9 for example
- if it doesn't boot, lower the max speed
- once it boots lower vcore
- try to find a sweet spot

for example my i7 4790K can do 4.8 only on very high vcore. so it doesn't really make much sense, since it can do 4.5 on 1.21. so I just stick to 4.5.

>>70572775
I used a local site, but eBay could work very well. Be careful with scams, like refund requests and shit. Look up how you can deny them in your listing right off the bat.

>>70572769
breaker tripped?
if this happens, I would recommend trying to find new plugs that don't use the same wiring, or it could fry some wires...
>>
>>70572796
>>70572785
but it's only my heater that causes these issues. i can have every socket filled to the brim with no issues but if i have the heater plugged in everything gets fucky. would it still be the installations or might it be the appliance?
>>
>>70572796
Okay, will do
>>
>>70572807
Could be either, heaters are very intensive
The heater itself could be faulty or it could bring already iffy installations down to their knees
>>
>>70572807
well if you count things like PC, monitor, etc... those take up max like what, 300watts? 500?
an electric heater starts from 1600W. let alone the start power draw which kicks like a fucking mule.

see for example: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00B7GHQQW/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b9QngKl_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=A1K21FY43GMZF8&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-12&pf_rd_r=5A0GWQS4GBSMV5C0AMY6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=af4e6c9e-d978-52ca-ad94-f43c58bdb648&pf_rd_i=8641221031
"Plug type: 15A, do not plug in the standard 5 or 6A socket, you may require a 3 pin plug or extension cord to act as a 5-15A convertor but can not be used for long time with extension cord"

Even in my house where the installation is super solid (incredibly thicc copper wiring) you can see the light dim a bit when the electric+oil heater switches on and off.

Think of heaters like industrial tools.
>>
>>70572807
>>70572828
also if "everything" gets fucky, it means the whole room is just uses one "line" from the main supply.
they usually have one big ass cable come into the house, then split that with breakers into sections, rooms, etc.
your room prolly has just one of this coming in, and if it was done with a regular cheapo aluminum cable, it can't carry too much juice.
>>
>>70572828
>>70572827
>>70572839
that explains that then. didn't realize a small ass shitty heater used more power than my entire setup. i'll be careful with it until i get the money to have someone fix my wiring
>>
>>70572849
you COULD probably just replace the normal breaker with a breaker that is "slow". its like a breaker that has the same capacity, let's say 15A, but "ignores" a quick big draw. like if you have a microwave oven or this heater thing, and it kicks up to 20A on turn on/off, it would trip your current breaker. but, with such a breaker, it would not, as power usage lowers once it's operational.

I don't know the exact word of this breaker, I'd recommend /diy/ and ask there. Replacing the breaker is like a minor task and if they say it's safe, it could work.

that said, let's say it eats 1500W normal... that will still add to your regular whatever... 1000W use. so you will have 2500W load on the wire/system.
>>
Anyone happen to know how to get expressvpn to install. I keep getting Error 0x80070643 no matter what I do.
Forced uninstall since it won't even uninstall normally and just gives that error. Even after that it won't install.
>>
>>70573013
Okay so heres what you do
You google 'tor browser'
You install it
You now has a free expressvpn membership for life
>>
>>70573024
Yes that totally works on every program.
>>
>>70573035
Install .net framework
>>
File: 2019-04-16_04-31-08.png (34 KB, 745x640)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
Best PacketTracer course?
>>
>>70573058
Here ya go anon
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cisco+packet+tracer+course
>>
an intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHz should be more than enough to emulate ps2-games at full speed right?
>>
>>70573138
Yes more than enough
Though for best experience, enable hardware acceleration if you have a gpu thats not complete poop
>>
>>70572796
I tried to boost it to 3.9 but it crashed despite me copying the settings. so I just used. game boost and lowered vcore. seems to be ok for now...
>>
I'm trying to resolder the pins of a micro usb female port only using soldering iron. What is the worst case scenario if I short two pin? Can it fry the thing or it just doesn't work.
>>
>>70573366
my pc runs much louder now. i-it's normal r-r-right?
>>
Should I defrag an ssd?
>>
>>70573558
No
>>
Any LaTeX wizards here? I'm writing a report with it, though it's my first time using it. I'm trying to make the text in each cell automatically linebreak rather than overrunning the boundaries of the cells.
Supposedly tabluarx with the X column specifier fixes this, but this doesn't solve the problem.
>>
>>70573453
Yes
Running hotter, fans spinning more
>>
>>70573571
That's what I thought. Windows set it to defrag every 7 days by default.
>>
>>70573182
i've tried tinkering with the rendering settings with no luck
so if it's not a hw issue either then it's gotta be because I'm on Linux right?
>>
>>70573664
Possibly, dont stress about it though
>>
File: 1529266182522.png (671 B, 70x31)
671 B
671 B PNG
>>70555348
any direct LTSC downloads that work???? Preferrably google drive..
>>
>>70573758
Get ltsb beb, don worry
>>
>>70573835
What's the difference? not really a wangblows guy but I'm giving an old laptop to my sister and wanna it less bloat since it's an old laptop (2012 one)
>>
Next thread:
>>70573870
>>70573870
>>70573870
>>
>>70573855
Its basically older version ltsc, you arent missing anything
Teach her basic comp safety
>>
>>70571505
>tfw you will have OS exclusives instead of console exclusives in your lifetime
>>
>>70573899
Ritard what do you thinks gaems not having linux versions for years is?
>>
>>70573934
They're only exclusives if you don't know what wine+dxvk is
>>
>>70573956
Ye lemme sack 50%+ of my performance
>>
>>70566963
I can't boot the Linux installer. I can't boot anything.
>>
>>70573956
Ye lemme spend 30 minutes on google trying to figure out how to set up wine for each game only for it to have game-breaking issues and awful performance
>>
>>70574015
>>70574015
Not even bios?
>>
>>70574058
I could get into bios.
I eventually managed to get it to work by changing from uefi to cmos in the bios settings but it seemed pretty bad when the usb that worked before didn't work any more and I couldn't boot other stuff I put on the usb either.
>>
I got the option of picking up a 15' Surface Book 2 for really fucking cheap. I mostly use it for uni and travel for work sometimes. Looks pretty nice and professional. Is the 3:2 aspect ratio a fucking meme tho? I don't do any video editing. A lot of writing, reading, coding and occasional gayme

For the same price point, I can get a laptop with a better screen/GPU with the normal aspect ratio

Is the SB2 a meme? I can't tell. Most user comments on it are positive but I think that's some weird projection of buyer's remorse since that shit so expensive usually
>>
>>70574149
Silly goos you needed legacy boot

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.