[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What do you document?
What do you use to document?
>>
>>70174059
I documented the bootstrap process for my Gentoo ARM64 Raspberry Pi cluster. From cross compiling my stage 3, to deploying applications. I use a simple set of .md files accompanying various scripts and utilities.

At work we use IT Glue.
>>
>>70174059
Documentation isn't worth the time. Changes happen, things update. The same process won't work the next time you need to implement things.
>>
>>70174059
doxygen
otherwise vim+latex
>>
I use a webcam and imagemagick to create ASCII renditions of my dick then I use vim to insert my 7-bit cock in small resolution into whatever code needs comments, then add a reference to a markdown file where a high res ASCII cock can be found. It's called Dynamic Soft/Hard Documentation. The hardness, directionality, and visible veininess, combined with puberty style create a visual mapping to a concrete explanation of the related code block. We have found that rather than reading through paragraphs off text, one glance at an ASCII cock can actually convey more information in less time. Additionally, we have found that these ASCII images compress much better than jpeg images, and even text documentation. So we actually save disk space and processing time by using ASCII dick pics.
>>
File: Logo_S1000D.jpg (22 KB, 557x233)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>70174059
At work, I manage documentation in an aerospace-related field, mostly component maintenance and operator's manuals. We use S1000D, which is an international specification for technical documentation:
http://www.s1000d.org

In my spare time I've also been trying to develop some free software tools for the specification, since there's very little that exists, and naturally I produce the documentation for that project with itself:
https://github.com/kibook/s1kd-tools
>>
>>70174107
You have to document Before starting to write code. That is : write your ideas before you start.

In a program you have to think about everything.. So you might as well document everything
>>
>>70174059
I document yo mum's ass with my dick.
>>
>>70175680
+1 anon. Good to know people that are serious about their job and share it too
>>
>>70175680
Props to you for producing useful free software anon.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.