[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Just about how long does it take to learn how to code really well? I'm taking some classes in my free time because I might want to work in that field someday, as so far I've gotten a few chapters in, but it looks like it's still the really simple stuff for now. I'm trying to learn Programming. Has anyone else had experience with coding?
>>
File: mpv-shot0015.jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
no, no one on the technology board full of discussion of computer hardware and software has any experience coding /s

how old are you OP? i think reddit might be a better site for a kid like you...
>>
>>70173043
I'm 22. But, thanks for your "response."
>>
>>70173011
What's up with the huge influx of pajeet niggers trying to learn how to code?
>>
>>70173011
it takes time and dedication, everyone can learn to code but once you need to stop writing spaghetti, things get interesting
>>
>>70173053
Sorry I thought you were a high school kid. An important thing to note about this website is that you are supposed to lurk before posting. If you did this you would understand that there is a lot of programming discussion on this board. To answer your question, it varies. You can go to a 6 month bootcamp, and if you work hard you will understand how to build code for websites using whatever tools are popular. This is a very large area of employment, but more advanced programmers can look down on it. If you want to get more involved, it takes longer, from learning via a powerful object oriented programming language like C++ to learning how that is interpreted down to the hardware level, how computers are designed, algorithms, etc. It's a very complex, diverse technical field which is why there is so much money involved.
>>
>>70173011
>Just about how long does it take to learn how to code really well?
20 years

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.