[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1528273921014.png (106 KB, 2000x1250)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
For me personally it's tumbleweed all the way.
>>
File: autistic oven bake.png (452 KB, 327x1111)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
Leap really does it for me. I find it wise not to take too many chances in life.
>>
>>69764073
leap is weird. I use it for production on about 10 servers but the upgrade cycle seem way too fast
>>
how do people use this?

I mean this literally. I tried to install tumbleweed this morning, and just clicked the KDE install since it was first on the list.

The default install was unencrytped; opting for encryption gives you an encrypted /boot/, meaning you have to plug in the luks password TWICE. once it boots, it doesn't even automatically configure kwallet, so you get shitty popups every time wifi needs to connect.

the whole OS seems slapped together, and I can only hope it's because the KDE port is not prioritized.

so tell me, what's the "right" way to use this OS without having to autist around with goddamn pgp settings?
>>
No reason to use it since KDE Neon exists and is a better KDE Experience. They both have SystemD and CoCs so might as well use the one that just werks.
>>
does anyone have the openSUSE logo but it's the guy edited into the bottom
>>
>>69765556
Why the fuck dont you just use suse you poor faggot
>>
>>69766342
That's why you use opensuse gnome
>>
>>69765595
I made my own lvm shit and fixed that shit. Retards managed to get /boot/efi outside the encrypted partition, but somehow forgot /boot.

What's wrong with kwallet though? Just connect to a WiFi and set it up.
>>
>>69766371
Yes. But first you have to admit that gnome is superior to kde
>>
>>69764073
im somewhat skeptical of opensuse
like debian, leap is archaic, and tumbleweed is unstable.
there is no sensible middle ground.
btrfs is slow, and like zfs, bloated in memory usage. because it is so uncommon, it is not well supported by data recovery programs.
on fedora, dnf is abominably slow, and zypper is hardly any better. it has the horrendous default behavior to keep all previous installed versions and never ever autoremove unnecessary dependencies.
its raison dètre of a kde-first desktop is obviated by upstarts like manjaro or kde neon. even the selling point of the filepicker maymay is getting fixed across all distributions in the upcoming plasma release.

as it is now, i see no reason to switch to suse instead of just plain ubuntu.
>>
>>69767766
Nice numbers!
Manjaro has a weird scaling issue (try opening 4 windows of the same size).
KDE neon could be good, I need to try it some more. As it stands now, you could just use kubuntu.
>>
>>69767766
> leap is archaic
what?..….
.... leap purpose is stability... don't expect to be updated, or use tw instead.
>>
Tumbleweed runs pretty stable for me
>>
>>69764073
>X220
>takes 5x as long to boot than every other distro
>network fails after rebooting
>KDE is okayish at best
at this point i could use arch and would save no time.
>>
>>69764073
Leap at work, Tumbleweed at home.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.