[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: kiss.jpg (22 KB, 474x296)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Adblockers are destroying the web. Soon the entire Internet is going to be premium-only, except for Google and social media sites.

Spotify is already banning adblocker users. If new workarounds keep being created, they'll shut down free accounts completely: https://howtogeek.com/fyi/spotify-is-going-to-war-against-ad-blockers-heres-what-you-need-to-know

Another example also from this week is Inoreader, which has just changed free accounts from unlimited feeds to only 150: https://blog.inoreader.com/2019/02/official-announcement-inoreader-new-plans-and-pricing-updates-in-february-2019.html
>>
very good, i don't use those services anyway. and if i did, i'd stop using them.
>>
>needing to buy some shit to aggregate rss feeds
lmao
>>
>>69744140
good riddance, see you whenever fsf becomes revered
>>
File: 1549576599420.gif (1.75 MB, 500x284)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB GIF
>>69744140
ADBLOCK TARDS BTFOOOOOO
>>
>>69744140
>Soon the entire Internet is going to be premium-only
Excellent, that's how it should work?
Ads are what, maybe £1 per user per year?
No problem with paying that.
>>
Good. Fuck ads and fuck normalfags shitting up the web.
>>
File deleted.
who cares
>>
>>69744140
>paid rss reader
wtf
>>
>>69744140
>Soon the entire Internet is going to be premium-only
GOOD , most ppl are cheap and will finally fuck off
>>
>>69744140
>allow ads
>some javascript zero days fuck your ass because an ads provider didn't pay attention
>alternatively forced to mine buttcoin alternatives in your browser
>"a-at least I didn't kill the web, mom"

thanks obama
>>
>>69744140
>using anything other than this website

Tourist.
>>
>>69744608
That's an odd way of spelling iToddlers.

>>69744140
Another anti-ad block thread in a span of minutes, how (((natural and organic)))

You will never win.
>>
>>69744140
Long live the pirate bay, ahoy mateys
>>
>>69744140
Based. Destroying the botnet, one blocked ad at a time.
>>
Ads are used as malware delivery mechanisms fuck you I want my security so I'm going to block them.
>>
>>69744140
that's supposed to be bad?
Free accounts = digital dumping. It makes it impossible for less funded competitors to compete.
>>
Friendly reminder to install AdNauseum to fuck Google over
>>
>>69744814
Kike shill. FUCK OFF
>>
>>69744892
that guy is right, there's nothing google fears more than adnauseum
>>
Cheaper for me to buy VPN service and just clear my cookies to bypass the article limit on all these sites.
>>
>>69744140
I'll set up my own servers and pirate shit then
>>
>>69744140
Finally. About fucking time the shitweb died. Long live the ipfsweb.
>>
>>69744140
Who the hell would pay for a feed reader? I have free software that does that perfectly well.

Really, if ad-funded businesses find that they can't keep the lights on with that business model, it'll be a net positive for the internet. I actively hope that ad-funded platforms go out of business.
>>
>>69744140
>Spotify
Imagine using spotify
>>
>>69744896
Lying kike
>>
>>69745090
good argument faggot
>>
>>69744896
literally snake oil and you're accelerating the process of everything getting paywalled. Just use ublock origin and stop recommending it to everyone else.
>>
>>69744140
Web 2.0 was a mistake. If you can't pay to host it out of pocket, get the fuck out of here.

Decentralized Internet is the future.
>>
>>69744140
>Spotify
Nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: 1549600085715.png (173 KB, 743x711)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>69745068
I'm using it because it just werks.
>>
>>69744892
>>69745090
Back to Stormfront loser
>>
>>69744168
/thread
>>
>>69745068
>Imagine still having a physical collection
>>
>mfw create my own website for resume purposes
>mfw no ads, no js, just pure HTML5 and CSS3
>mfw robots.txt "disallows" the entire site from being indexed
still have it part of the cloudfront botnet though to mask the IP. However, it costs $5/month to host with digital ocean.
>>
> Inoreader
literally what?
>>
>>69745160
Back to the oven, kike.
>>
>>69745233
I didn't know there was a Jewish plot to overthrow Google. Isn't Google the Jews according to you guys? At least be consistent.
>>
>>69744648
Absolutely this. I'd rather have $25 tacked on to my yearly internet bill than having to deal with Pi-holes, adblockers, and anti-anti-adblockers. The web would be 10000x times better and more beautiful without the ugly ads and the tracking.
>>
>>69744140
Spotify can suck my cock
>>
>>69745252
Ad Nauseum was made by 3 kikes and it reveals your ip everytime it clicks ads
>>
>>69745330
No shit it does retard. You're the same inbred who thinks tox "leaks IPs" aren't you?
>>
>>69745344
Whats tox?
>>
>>69744140
This would be solved if ad networks just stopped serving malware.
>>
If they want my data they can pay me for it, cunts.
>>
>>69745320
t. pedo
>>
>>69745344
>LET'S REVEAL OURSELVES TO THE BOTNET BECAUSE LETTING THE BOTNET PROFILE ME IS ONLY WAY TO FIGHT THE BOTNET

What a fucking retard.
>>
>>69744140
Honest question, is this really a bad thing? Free users are always shitposters, and if I want shitposting, I'll go to 4chan. I couldn't be more certain that there are enough chans out there that will remain free, even if 4chan decided to go pay, which it wouldn't, because shitposting is where it excels.
>>
>>69745552
10bux
>>
>>69745175
>Imagine being one of jewgle ideas holders
>>
The only reason adds are getting worse was because of add blockers honestly the adds don't bother me and on Spotifys case just pay for it its not alot jesus. Free users blocking the adds deserve what's coming to them.
>>
>>69745821
And people started blocking ads because they were invasive, making sounds and blinking.
I don't think people would mind too much simple static images loaded through first-party without a bunch of third-party scripts that just link to their site or offer.
>>
>>69745539
Are you clinically retarded or were you lobotomized?
>>
>>69745858
Problem is that nowadays even static images can contain malware. See the recent apple-targetting one.
>>
>>69745344
hey if you want to dox youserlf be my guest
>>
>>69745157
until it doesn't or your internet goes down. people are way to dependant on the internet, my dude.
>>
>>69745890
Wasn't that just Javascript reading data from an image?
>>
>>69744140
Yeah, just like I've been paying for video games, movies, music, books, tv shows...
OH WAIT
>>
>>69744140
Good. If they shut down free accounts and we all pay, then there won't be any ads, either.
If they continue with ads, they will lose to another paid service that does not have ads, or a free service that still has them.
>>
>>69745939
It was yeah
>>
File: 1521426227789.jpg (83 KB, 1242x945)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>paying for a outdated way to read news
>>
>>69744140
good, this means that ad-funded sites/services that decide to paywall everything will finally be forced to provide goods worth paying for

bye bye 99% of online news organizations
>>
>>69744140
> Edits host file
> Blocks all of the know ad providers.
Problem solved normie fags. Get to work.
>>
>>69744140
I don't care what you say, a three way make out session with cuties like better than sex.
>>
>>69744140
Can phone zoomers even figure out how to block ads?

Anyway this makes me want to block ads even more.
>>
File: surprised pikachu.jpg (24 KB, 800x450)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>69744140
>online service uses interruptive, malicious advertising
>users install adblockers
>online service: pic related
Eat shit and die you entitled faggots.
>>
>>69745821
edits host file and blocks the ad provider. loool
>>
>>69745107
>snake oil
Hahahaha you googlers are specifically instructed to use this term ain’t cha?

It’s not snake oil. It works and costs Google a fortune. As Nauseum, install it.
>>
>>69746036
>costs google a fortune
source: your ass
>>
>>69746044
After we started using it las summer Google had to pay advertisers back over 2 billion dollars because of “fraudulent clicks.”

The fact that you faggot tranny nannies are so keyed up on the Ad Nauseum keyword is one more bit of proof that Jewgle owns 4chan.

Yes we know, you dumb cuntless “woman.”
>>
>>69746075
still waiting for a shred of evidence from you
>>
If it helps to emancipate us from the ultimate botnet known as the Internet, I welcome it.
>>
>>69746106
Oh you think I’m playing the proofs game with a retarded shill? You stupid faggot. Anybody can look anything up these days.

Ad Nauseum kills the Jewgle. I’m a school IT administrator and I put it on over 1200 machines.
>>
I'll have free accounts on competing services who fill the void that the paywall of shitty services creates, because there's always someone using a different business model from intrusive and critically risky and destructive ads, and using it successfully.
Also there will always be a way to pirate your content, and pirating foreign dogshit isn't stealing according to local law but rather a patriotic act. Nothing personal, just simple politics foreignfaggot.
>>
>>69746170
>makes outrageous claims
>"lmao i'm not going to waste my time trying to prove myself to you"
haha ok retard
>>
>>69746192
>outrageous
Anybody is free to Jewgle these claims. We had regular threads on it for a while, they’re probably in the archive.

Install Ad Nauseum. It’s good for your computer.
>>
>>69746012
You do you
>>
Hahahahaha the resident Google shill slash Jenny is P I S S E D about adnauseum.
>>
>>69746170
>I’m a school IT administrator and I put it on over 1200 machines.
you're doing God's work anon, keep it up
>>
>>69744140
Let those sites die, then.
The second dotcom bubble has needed to burst since like 2010.
>>
>>69746233
so you can't back up anything that you're saying?
>>
>>69744140
Good. Let these stupid sites die, not like anyone is going to miss them that much.
>>
>>69746259
I’ve gotten a few others to do it on their school networks, too.
>>
File: Dy8YRHeU0AAMRLZ.jpg (102 KB, 576x431)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>69744140
I'll be perfectly OK with dropping 99% of the internet. I've seen what it has to offer, it's a commerce platform. You don't need most of this shit.

The internet is bland garbage full of asshole opinions (like mine) every single platform is a dopamine trap designed to keep you entangled in its webs.

The internet WITH ads isn't worth it. I'll enjoy pirating websites or dropping it all together.
>>
>>69745107
>literally snake oil and you're accelerating the process of everything getting paywalled.
where do I even begin

>literally snakeoil
you don’t know what the word literally means, but okay

>and you're accelerating the process of everything getting paywalled
1. if it’s snakeoil, then why would it have an effect?
2. why is everything getting paywalled a bad thing?
>>
Well, I lived in a fucking brazilian favela so all I could do to get some bucks was learn english and make some $$ on the internet.

Its a ponzi scheme at the end, the site owner where the AD is displayed receive 1x, the site that mediate that service receive 10x, so the final client always spend more than what he pay for.

But the problem isnt the 10x thing, its that they get you organic and non organic traffic and they charge you the same, doesnt matter if some botnet clicked you will have to pay the CPA the same way. When people start to use adblockers the problem begin with the fact that the organic views get reduced and the power of those ad-sellers gets lower.
What will happen? Probably some sites will ask for subscription, others will merge to another systems and some will just close and new plataforms will be created.

If the plataform is free the product is yourself.
>>
File: 1546498331724.jpg (11 KB, 355x410)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Allow me to interject for a moment. What you are referring to as ads are is actually a malfunctioning system of monetization made possible by the combination of inherently-malicious and intrusive programming, or as i like to call it maltrusive advertising.
One where the host doesn't guarantee the safety of the 3rd party adverts nor do they compensate users for the damage inflicted upon them by the ads turning malicious and dealing damage in the time-frame the host is still unaware of the fact or taking their time to resolve the situation.
It is a system undertaken by extremely low IQ people who don't understand how the Internet works, who don't understand how to embark upon the path of having their slow shitty website design developed with proper efficiency in mind while minimizing bandwidth costs, and who lack the business acumen of people who are successful without maltrusive advertising through intelligent diversification of revenue streams and creative communication/exchange systems with their viewerbase.
All in all, by implementing maltrusive advertising you signal to the Internet that you are an extremely low IQ and low-effort individual not worth anyone's time or money and that you are the garbage of Humanity ignorant of all that is Internet. May the Heavens have mercy on your soul, for nobody else is obligated to.
>>
>>69746362
>most popular social media, which has led to deleterious effects for our society, is free
>most propaganda outlets benefit from a free model to promote their agenda (so long as they can remain profitable through a data-mining/advertising model)
>reddit is free

.......seems to me paywalling would make things much better
>>
>>69745979
>getting your news from a social media site that decides what to show you, what to hide, and in what order
>>
>everyone is a paying customer = no ads
I wouldn't be surprised if they just made a cheap pass with ads and kept a premium price for no ads.

>>69746010
desu part of the problem is that most adblockers just block everything regardless of how intrusive or malicious they are
>>
File: 010.png (221 KB, 374x376)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>>69744140
Don't care. Advertisers could solve this issue by standardizing non-intrusive ads. But they can't look past their greed and "users are nothing but clicks" mentality.

At the moment it is an absolute usability nightmare and a real security risk to browse the web without adblocker on.
>>
File: 17687687687.jpg (36 KB, 297x365)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>69744140
>HOW DARE YOU REFUSE TO BE MY BILLBOARD GOY
>PAY UP OR ELSE!
>>
>>69746543
The real problem is that there is no such thing as non-intrusive ads, shill.
>>
>>69746362
Being able to survive off ads without having to put in paywalls makes innovation relatively easier since you don't need to worry about having people to pay upfront. Youtube's model which is essentially money to creators for ads is one of the things that enabled it to have so much content diversity over the years.

But it also has fed money to many companies that would never be able to sustain themselves if someone had to pay to read their shit, like Buzzfeed.

>>69746398
that's not a ponzi scheme, pardo
>>
>>69744140
>Adblockers are destroying the web
Good.
>>
File: 1446845248841.jpg (88 KB, 720x959)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>69744168
fpbp
>>
If they stop providing free services, they're hurting themselves more. The reason why normies are so stuck using every kind of social media or service that tracks them is because many of these are free to use. Putting a barrier between some user they can make money with and themselves isn't gonna hurt customers at all. If something they're doing a service.

Hell I wish most of what google provides was paid. It would keep more people away from these services and they would have an excuse to stop using them. It's the whole "it's free!" shit that's making things worse.
>>
Someone could make a lot of money if they created an Ad service that respects privacy and doesn't detract from the browsing experience.
>>
>having accounts
>>
>>69746669
Footbar/header ads like 4chan used to have (or it still has and I can't figure out how to enable them again) are pretty non-intrusive. Sidebar ads are also often non-intrusive.

>>69746760
If it respects privacy, it's not really going to be all that interesting because you'll end up with far too many inadequate ads.
And unless you convince most popular adblock solutions that you're trustworthy, you'd just get blocked along with all the other ads.
>>
>>69746398
I want brazil to leave.
>>
>>69746861
Why?
>>
Good, peer to peer comes back.
>>
>>69746833
>because you'll end up with far too many inadequate ads.
How does TV advertising get by then? Makes me wonder what sector in advertising has the largest market and profit.
If your ads are so inferior that people block them doesn't that mean your advertising product needs redesigning. Produce good ads that don't get in the way, that dont't autoplay or popup over stuff then surely they'd be more successful. Why is there not a standard or rating for what constitutes a good ad? But I guess it's not the ad companies that are suffering, it those services that rely on them for income.
>>
>>69745933
Always works for me tho t.paying user
>>
>>69744140
And that's a good thing!
>>
>>69746937
TV advertising gets by because most ads that run on it are either very generic or tailored towards who they think is watching like the elderly or kids.

You aren't getting it, adblocks that are already installed don't care if your ads are good. It's not even the fault of the ad itself, as long as there are bad ads, people will install adblocks who just block everything and never touch settings. It doesn't matter if you have good, non-intrusive ads if everyone has adblocks that won't give you a pass.
>>
File: N9Eg5TQw_400x400.jpg (12 KB, 400x400)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>69744140
>implying i dont have a pi-hole

costs like $40 and took literally 25 minute to configure
>>
File: 1549751808328.jpg (48 KB, 605x806)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>69745989
>login with real ID to access the internet
>websites need DRM to load
>DRM only in the latest browsers with no illegal ad blocking addons
>browser only on proprietary operating systems
>encrypted DNS
>certificate pinning
you're welcome goy
>>
The only counterexample needed is that these services are no longer hard to make. We don't even need truly distributed platforms right away (although those are coming as well). The hacker's forge combined with federated services made with ActivityPub make even stuff like federated video platforms easy enough to do.

The main server of a federated video platform would be ad supported of course, but due to the way all this stuff works, any channel on the distributed platform can self-host and choose to monetize their content in any way they choose without the need for dealings with large tech companies.

The way I see it, first this type of federated content will become popular, and then a truly distributed platform will exist as a single federation in the greater fediverse. That federation will start off less stable and maybe a little stigmatized because of it, but give it 5-10 years and there will be no reason to pay for the more traditional self-hosted federations when you can be part of the truly distributed version.

Also posting in a FUD thread lul
>>
>>69745157
Offline music works much better and so does downloading through YouTube.
>>
>>69747141
And even if you don't have $40 spare you can create a debian VM with 1 core and some minimal RAM and set it up to be a pihole.
>>
I still use deezloader sometimes

Shit still works
>>
>>69747382
Docker is even better.
>>
>>69744140
>Adblockers are destroying the web.
>not ads
>adblockers are destroying it
>>
>>69745979
I get my news from public service radio, no influence from advertisers ;)
>>
>>69746274
Can't you look something up on Google? If you're not willing to put in some effort why should the other anon?
>>
>>69746362
Just installed it myself. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
Who cares? Piracy still exists, and thank fuck for that.
>>
I would unironically pay up to $10 for regular websites I visit to access them without ads and up to $1 for every "other" website just to access them and use my adblocker.

I am already using subscriptions for certain services like Microsoft Outlook so why not. I'd also use 4chan pass if I had to.
>>
>>69750140
>paying for outlook
what the fuck.
>using outlook at all
fucking why, it's horrible. It bugs out all the fucking time and keeps nagging about reviewing how shit it is. It fails to deliver messages all the time nowadays (didn't do that back when it was hotmail/live). Crap like focused mode drops out critically important messages all the time.
It's dogshit even in the free version, and it's even worse in the paid version.
Worst part is, the outlook desktop client is a billion times worse than the website.
>>
File: 1544808246919.jpg (54 KB, 700x547)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>69744168
based and /thread pilled
>>
Actually it's already happened.
That Haruhi-only artist only releases new artwork exclusively on Patreon.
>>
>>69744140
>entire Internet is going to be premium-only

except the games, right? you DID know that more and more games are being released as free to play, right?
>>
>>69750224
how are you so bad at using outlook I've used it everyday for years on both mac and windows and never had any of this happen desu
>>
>>69750504
Oh you're a literal paid pajeet. Never mind then, carry on. Good luck in your shilling. I hear it's actually hard work, surprisingly. And certainly no fun.
>>
>>69745207
I'm going one step further. Making an "ad" that will alert the user to the fact they're not using an adblocker and direct them to suitable solutions (extensions for their browser or alternative browsers).
>>
File: mio bored.jpg (31 KB, 300x343)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>69744140
>shitty services behind paywall
oh no I've lost so much
>>
>>69744168
fpbp thread over, pack it up
>>
>>69750523
>Oh you're a literal paid pajeet
Can you stay on track and respond to my question? I'm legitimately curious how someone can fail at using one of the most documented and user friendly programs. It's literally designed for people like you.
>>
>>69750576
You're being way too obvious pajeet. I'm afraid you won't be getting your rupees this time.
>>
>>69750623
t. white american working in tech
now tell me why you can't use outlook properly to further my sunday night amusement
>>
Good, I hope Spotify crashes and burns.
>>
>>69744140
>OP tries to cheat Spotify

pay for the service you filthy nigger
>>
>>69744140
>>
>>69744140
The internet is a shit fest anyways the sooner it fucking dies the better.
>>
>>69746436
saved, thanks
>>
>>69744648
Adblockers are not used for this.
Most of time it is to block unwanted ads.

And remember they are the one who shoved ads to our mouth 1st without asking for opinion.
>>
>90% of ads are irritating malware linked gifs with autoloading JS that sends you data back to HQ
>NOO STOP BLOCKING OUR MALWARE NOOO
these are the same fags who promote Macs for the same reason.
JavaScript was a mistake.
>>
>Spotify
LOL
>>
wait I thought you guys were just memeing

but my adblock is actually not working anymore?????????????????
>>
>>69744168
absolutely based
>>
>>69753419
oh nvm it just needed new permissions lol
>>
File: 1530976674716.png (29 KB, 124x135)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>69744140
>oh no guys the (((advertisers))) are starting to push back so we should just give up guys they win
>>
>>69744168
baste and redpilled
>>
>>69744140
Good I hope the web goes back to the way it was in the 90's, normies get out reeee, and I hope all you IT folks get fired and have to become long haul truckers.
>>
Yeah but this is actually a good thing.
>>
>>69746436
I love it when the internet shows a spike of sentience
>>
>>69744140
>people realise that their traffic is enough for them to start asking for money for their content
>anon goes on reverse psychology to blame ad blockes because people are greedy mofos
>people actually baits on this
>>
>>69744667
I hope this happens. 4chan should be a paid forum.
>>
>>69747365
Said someone who never uses Spotify.
>>
>>69755729
why would you when it's all on yt
>>
premise
>Adblockers are destroying the web.

conclusion
>Soon the entire Internet is going to be premium-only, except for Google and social media sites.

Supporting evidence
>Spotify is already banning adblocker users. If new workarounds keep being created, they'll
>shut down free accounts completely: >https://howtogeek.com/fyi/spotify-is-going-to-war-against-ad-blockers-heres-what-you-need-to-know
>Another example also from this week is Inoreader, which has just changed free accounts from unlimited feeds to only 150: >https://blog.inoreader.com/2019/02/official-announcement-inoreader-new-plans-and-pricing-updates-in-february-2019.html

NOT VERY CONVINCING, please try harder
perhaps the conclusion should be, instead of trying to scaremonger about the web being non-free is to form the conclusion that others should find a way to do something better than spotify etc that is free or as near free as possible. These websites such as spotify will tell you it costs millions of dollars to keep their site running and that just isnt true. A company such as spotify will have more people and more money invested in sales and product development than in systems administration. They arent doing one thing and doing it well, they arent there to please you. They are there to suck you in and get your money.

Personally I dont like associating with companies like that, they make me feel grimy and grubby
>>
>>69744140
>spotify
imagine, just IMAGINE paying for music in the year 2019
>>
>>69756246
I bought two CDs a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>make obnoxious shitty ads loaded with malware
>Wahhh ppl are blocking them

Fuck off
>>
Not sure i've ever seen an ad that wasn't either obnoxious or potentially harmful from any website that ever asked me to turn off my blocker.
>>
>>69756743
I doubt people who run those websites actually visit the public facing pages.
>>
>pay for access to site
>site still has ads
wow amazing
>>
>>69744140
Fuck off, your ads already dominating mobile through in-app ads. And FYI mobile has larger market share than PC so leave us PC users alone and stick to your mobile ads.
>>
>>69744140
>internet is going to be premium only
You mean "back to small, independent enthusiasts"? Because Spotify is bullshit, social media => Mastodon/Pleroma and Google = startpage.

Literally roll your own for yourself and a small group of your friends. ISPs aren't free either.
>>
>>69744184
Literally this.

Fuck free services, literally. I run
>Nextcloud instance
>mail server
>3 web servers
All for a yearly price of ~60-80 dollars. That's 5-7-ish bucks a month. Is that too much to charge? Fuck no, I'm in charge of my shit for this price.
>>
>>69745068
>use spotify premium
>on my bose homespeaker 500
lmaoing at your life
>>
File: shrug.png (39 KB, 384x313)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>69744140
>systems I don't use will no longer be freely available to me
ok
>>
>>69755693
It already is
>>>/vip/
Also, you misspelled 4channel
>>
>>69756246
I honestly can't even imagine that. Seriously.
>>
>>69744140
Good. The sooner they start charging for everything, the sooner people will leave that shit for greener pastures.

The Corporate Internet fucking sucks.
>>
>>69746436
Thanks for this, saved for the future

>>69744140
Finally. I only started blocking Ads because it‘s just TOO FUCKING MUCH.
Static images are fine, I can deal with these. But animations, or even autoplay videos with sound? And all that tracking and malware? I wish everyone that thinks this kind of ads are okay to get aids and cancer and to die a long, horrible way while his whole family watches him dying. Fucking scum.

I personally use Spotify because I‘m a student and 5€/month is fine for me. 10 is too much for what I listen. I still buy my favourite music as CD and then pirate it as lossless for my archive.

All Sites I use could just offer a „membership“ for 1-2€/Month, which is far more than what they‘d get from ads by me. I would pay all of them, even as a student. I pay most of my services myself already, I don‘t mind to continue doing so with every service if they stop with ads and tracking. My blocklists are fucking huge, would be nice to put them off.
>>
>>69744140
Literally what is the point of shitify. Just download music from youtube.
>>
File: seeyouinhell.gif (934 KB, 160x112)
934 KB
934 KB GIF
>>69744140
I don't want free accounts 99.99% of the time anyways, you have forced me to sign up for something that I didn't want to view something trivially available. I hope all you fucks go out of business. I hope your fucking children starve and your women are raped by wild packs of niggers. Fuck all of you. Fuck your ad-revenue driven, service-model economy world. Fuck. You.

Yes I mad.
>>
Might sound whipped, but I'm okay with Spotify ads popping up between my songs (free user) but NOT okay with the fullscreen ones and ones that literally cover the playlist.
>>
>>69744140
You see, you had ONE JOB, that was to just serve text ads, like google does.
But instead you decided to use flash, you decided to use video, you decided to literally infect machines with viruses, and people decided to get rid of you.

One fucking job, CJ.
>>
>>69745107
>literally snake oil and you're accelerating the process of everything getting paywalled. Just use ublock origin and stop recommending it to everyone else.
Shit, it's that good? brb, giving jewgle fake links
>>
>>69750559
very nice
>>
>>69744671
I unironically have no problem with browser buttcoin miners in place of ads. I hate ads because they’re distracting, take screen space, and often have malware or the “microshaft support” scripts, and so I block them.
Every time my boss disables Adblock because he was troubleshooting something and forgets to re enable it I come into work and think my machine is infected until I realize what happened and reinstall Adblock. The internet is literally unusable without it. It didn’t used to be this way, and that’s not the adblockers fault, it’s the sites that took these horrendous ads to extract maximum shekel
>>
>>69750504
Outlook is literally dog shit dude. Only retarded boomers use it to access their yahoo mail and get upset when I tell them to just use the website after they’ve called for the 3rd time this month because outlook was fucking broken, again.
>the site looks marginally different reeee!!! I want a local copy of my super important mailing list and dumb group forwards reeeee!!!!
And thunderbird is even worse, a completely nonsensical UI like most OSS and it’s broken all the time too. There is literally no reason to use an email client in 2019. They’re all trash.
>>
>>69759929
I use Thunderbird at work and it works fine, I've had no issues with it. We run our own mail server and just connect through it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.