[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

see title
$99 for 3 years sounds kinda good
>>
>wanting to get IPs marked as VPN
>>
I got it this way 6 months ago and wouldn't do it again because of >>69313948
You have to wait for new servers if you want to get around country blocks when some chink decided to sperg all over some server.
Literally happende a few weeks ago and only the newest ones work now.
>>
>>69313917
I think I saw them on a commercial. Cable news. Big channel, like AMC, or some shit. Yes, it's a fucking meme. Where the hell did a VPN get that kind of funding?
>>
Choose other decent VPN service, not this meme.
>>
>>69314019
Such as?
>>
File: Capture.png (41 KB, 1138x625)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
NordVPN is pretty good, and since it's located in Panama you should be okay against US privacy laws. if you're unsure buy for a month and decide, also check out this link https://www.privacytools.io/ to decide.
>>
>>69315456
>be CIA nigger
>open VPN company under a Panama shell corp front
>collect data from "privacy" concerned idiots
>>
File: Ed4LdEW.jpg (6 KB, 243x207)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>69315456
>buy for a month and decide
>a VPN
>>
Why the fuck are you not renting a VPS and using OpenVPN?
>>
All VPNs are a meme just get some shit that's cheap and works
Personally I use Windscribe
>>
>>69314559
Private internet access
>>
>>69314000
NSA or FSB.
>>
>>69315495
I meant if you wanted to test speed, usability and on what sites it would work, for example on 4chan(nel) and Netflix.
>>
>>69315482
You can make any claim you want as long as you don't give proof right?
>>
>>69315510
>Why the fuck are you not renting a VPS and using OpenVPN?
Because that way you only have access to 1 IP, versus 200+ on average, also, which vps proprietor accepts anonymous payments? And where are they hosting from?
>>
I use Cryptostorm because an outspoken zoophile is largely responsible for it
>>
>>69315681
You mean like nordvpn does when they say we're not keeping your data guys, we care about your privacy? Yes. You can.
>>
Which do you prefer, nord vpn or express vpn?
>>
>>69315842
Doesn't mean you can go around claiming they don't. It's up to you to prove negatives retard
>>
>>69313917
yeap, they would have to pay me to use it.
Be fucking careful anon. Check that one privacy site for details on a lot of vpns.
>>
I like NordVPN well enough, they have by far the most servers of any decently trustworthy VPN, plus the cost for 3 years is nice.
But a VPN isn't a magic bullet for privacy, just a way to obscure traffic useful in certain situations.
Pretty much, if you're here asking WHY you need one/if it's a meme, it's probably not useful to you and you should just skip getting any VPN.
>>
>>69316550
the speed is shit, they keep logs, they are shady as shit with what they keep and what not.
Also it's not in your best interest to use a service that's advertised everywhere, beats the actual purpose when all the servers are banned or recognized as a vpn most of the time.
>>
>>69313917
VPN is not good, use tor
>>
>>69316660
>the speed is shit, they keep logs, they are shady as shit with what they keep and what not.
They also killed Jesus and raped my dog.
At least, there's just as much actual evidence of those two things. But I'm sure your favorite VPN service is better in your mind.
>>
>>69315510
This is truly only an option if you aren't going to do illegal shit
>>
Is is it a coincidence that the release of new GPUs, which turns /g/ into /v/ for weeks, goes hand in hand with NordVPN shilling?
>>
>>69315510
I'm still working on my russian
>>
>>69316714
>memememme in your meinnnd
Used that shit and on average you are lucky if you get more than 30mbps while on others I get upwards 100mbps when doing the exact same shit.
Now fuck off shill, NordVPN is not the second coming of your faglord Jesus, it's a fucking meme.
>>
>>69314559
M U L L V A D
U
L
L
V
A
D
>>
>>69316660
I've never had speed issues, and every vpn provider keeps logs.

>>69316680
cant use tor on 4chan and a ton of sites.

>>69313964
I have 1 or 2 nodes that still work. Only a matter of time before some /v/ tard gets it banned though.
>>
>>69316756
I never maid any claims that NordVPN was that great. Just that other VPN services suffer from the same problems, and there isn't evidence of your claims.
I don't suffer from nearly as many slowdowns on Nord as I did on Azire, for example.
>>
>>69313917
VPN's are a scam, they are snake oil, placebo. I don't use one and I'm fine.
>>
>>69315747
cockbox
>>
>>69316804
>Insurance is a scam, they are snake oil, placebo. I don't have one and I'm fine.
>>
>>69316804
>VPN's are a scam
No they aren't.

> I don't use one and I'm fine.
That doesn't prove anything.

>I'm a retard and don't get vaccinations so clearly this proves my point.
>>
>>69315747
Needing 200+ IP's is really only useful if you want to ban evade or rig straw poll results.
>>
>>69316757
Stop telling everyone
>>
>>69316804
>door locks are a scam, they are snake oil, placebo. I don't use them and I'm fine.
>condoms are a scam, they are snake oil, placebo. I don't use them and I'm fine.
>seatbelts are a scam, they are snake oil, placebo. I don't use them and I'm fine.
>UPS's are a scam, they are snake oil, placebo. I don't use one and I'm fine.
Do you see how retarded you sound?
>>
>>69316804
that's because you are not american
>>
>>69313917
It's good, would've kept for the low price if it had port forwarding. Also tried PIA but couldn't get it to stop being a piece of shit, port forwarding didn't work and it was only using a fraction of my internet speed. Using mullvad now
>>
>>69316680
Why do retards like this always post in VPN threads? The primary purpose of VPN's is to stop your ISP, Google, RIAA and so on from data mining and profiling everything you do. Mainly its for avoiding copyright infringement notices when torrenting.

The use case it has is entirely different from Tor's use case.
>>
>>69316804
NSA leave
>>
>>69316804
based. VPNs are a scam use tor
>>
>>69316804
this
>>
What is the best vpn?
>>
>>69316757
Delete this
>>
>>69317167
Whatever the best is, It'll be shit once /g/ starts abusing it.
>>
Speaking of VPNs, which service can I get to not have trouble with shitposting on 4chan? I have PIA at the moment, and I can't use it to post.
>>
>>69313917
Why mods allow this blatant advertisement here?
>>
File: screenshot.7.png (90 KB, 802x297)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>69317297
90% of them are banned. You can try Nord and hope one of the thousand servers they have works, but it's a crap shoot. I spent 2 hours one time trying to one 1 working one and eventually gave up. Some retard ALWAYS gets it banned.

Like who posts this stupid shit? Fuck.
>>
>>69313917
kys shill
>>
>>69315594
Or you know, maybe they are just selling well?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.