[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Based and redpilled or botnet central?
>>
>operating system built and maintained by a marketing company
botnet
nb4 muh gentoo
>>
>>68819215
It's totally fucking based and redpilled
>>
>based off gentoo
>boots fast
>can use android apps
>often cheap but with comes with decent displays and speakers
> can dual boot linux if you want

>>68819299
cant disagree with dubs
>>
>>68819215
I'd be a lot more likely to buy a chromebook if two things would happen. chromiumos provides a prebuilt iso for download cause I'm a lazy fuck, and they reinstate picassa because google photos sucks and isn't a photoviewer and neither is chrome
>>
>>68819215
With crostini it's pretty decent. Finally someone figured out how to get a stable linux distro on a laptop.
>>
>>68819360
>>based off gentoo
I thought it was based on ubuntu
>>
Of all the big players in the industry, Google has by far the ugliest GUI. Why can't they get it right? Fucking Microsoft products have a more appealing look.
>>
>>68819390
I was talking about the OS itself, i have an old laptop and i want to mess around with different OS.
>>
>>68819448
it uses ubuntu's obsolete init system upstart, and gentoo's portage build system
>>
>>68819510
is chrome os available for download? I thought to to get it without a chromebook you had to download and build chromium os
>>
>>68819215
ChromeOS is a keylogger and won't let you install Firefox.
>>
>>68820094
>chromeoslike but with firefox
check out just browsning linux
>>
>>68820094
>won't let you install Firefox
is this a meme or real? If it's real it's a giant deal breaker
>>
>>68820068
Just install chrome

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.