[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6927.jpg (688 KB, 1179x702)
688 KB
688 KB JPG
and what is it?

i have something similar to picrel where the border/edges of my teeth have a yellow stain on them

they’re only on my bottom 3-4 center teeth
>>
File: R (76).jpg (666 KB, 1000x667)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
>>72292912
Lay off the yerba mate, mate
>>
>>72292924
what? you mean it’s tea stain?
>>
File: laughter.gif (2.31 MB, 390x277)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB GIF
>>72292930
Foolish man, yerba mate is not tea
>>
>>72292944
I DONT SMOKE
WHATS WRONG WITH MY TEETH TELL ME
IS IT COFFEE STAIN OR WHAT
>>
go to a dentist for a cleaning. start flossing every day and brushing twice a day. stop smoking and drinking beverages that stain your teeth (coffee, wine, soda, etc)
>>
>>72292912
dentist can clean that, i have the same on one of my molars. it's just a stain.
>>
File: Yerba-Mate-1-900x675.jpg (132 KB, 900x675)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>72292950
Don't use the cans they contain 30 grams of added sugar
>>
>>72292912
high dose vitamin k2 fixes this
>>
File: 1634142366780.jpg (26 KB, 1146x480)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>72292995
HOW MANY?!
>>
>>72293032
oh your pic is a stain right? then some baking soda and activated charcoal would help, i thought it was a calcium deposit for a minute.....
>>
>>72292957
>>72292961
>that'll be $8000 and no your insurance doesn't cover cosmetic procedures goy
>>
Drinking bleach is a surefire way to clean those spots
>>
>>72292912
You don't. You probably had a stain and got an enamel treatment from your dentist permanently setting the stain. They'd have to resurface the tooth and remove healthy enamel to get it out at that point you're half way to veneers.
>>
>>72292912
>>72293056
I have the same thing and haven't been to a dentist in years. I drink lots of coffee, so good to know it is most likely staining that can be removed.

Activated charcoal is really bad for your teeth. I'm going to go to a dentist and see if it can be cleaned up. My bottom teeth aren't visible when I smile, but I'm getting worried people will notice and think I have bad hygiene. I brush (electric), floss and use mouth wash twice each day. So it's not neglect.
>>
>>72293087
don't do this, my cousin tried this once and he ended up in ISIS
>>
how do you fix and clean teeth without breaking the banks bros
>>
>>72293209
https://a.co/d/bOdj8CN
Thank me later
>>
>>72293209
Preventive care, minimizing stronger acids in your diet which is hard because everything processed contains citric acid and stuff. Using a gentler touch when brushing and replacing toothbrush heads about every 3 months instead of 6.
>>
Could be your toothpaste, google "stannous flouride stain". Check your toothpaste for that ingredient amnd if it has it, ditch that toothpaste. Stannous flouride stains can only really be removed by a dentist.
>>
>>72293118
>Activated charcoal is really bad for your teeth
some people brush their teeth with it though, any reason for that?
>>
>>72292912
brush ur teeth with tooth paste anon
>>
>>72292912
That's tartar
Have if cleaned up bey dentist or it will make your teeth a fall, no joke. Stop eating carbs
No way to reverse it
>>
>>72293268
Advertisement trick. Its an abrasive.
>>72293118
>mouth wash
Depends, the cpc or chlorohexadine in the mouth wash can stain.They say when used long term but I dont know man.
>>
>>72292912
white teeth is a jewish invention
if you live long enough you'll have stains, perfectly normal
as longs as your teeth don't hurt, they're healthy

pearly whites is for faggots and whores
>>
File: recession.jpg (196 KB, 2652x1652)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>72292912
I am a dental hygienist.

Its stained calcified plaque. There are salivary glands right under your tongue. So anytime you dont brush or floss off all the plaque between your teeth it builds up and mixes with the minerals in your saliva. This causes the plaque, which is normally soft, to calcify and it pretty much turns into rock. Then you drink tea, wine, coffee, or smoke and it stains the calcified plaque on your teeth.

Id get this taken care of soon. It doesnt matter how hard you brush or floss now, that shit is stuck to your teeth and its only going to get worse as time goes on. Itll eventually lead to bone loss (gum recession) and tooth loss if you let it go on long enough. BTW this most likely is in between all of your teeth and youre only able to see it on the front lower teeth.

If your teeth are like the picture you posted, its not terrible, but dont let that fool you into not getting a cleaning for another few years. Chances are youll need a deep cleaning. Otherwise in 5-6 years youll get a cleaning and youll end up like this because all of that calculus pushed youre gums away.

Spend money on getting this deep cleaning and then just go every 6 months or even one a year if youre honetly brushing and flossing everyday (most people dont). Trust me man, i see people in their 20's and 30's with rotted out teeth or so much bone loss that their teeth are wiggling around as im cleaning them. Dentures are the worst. Theyre always moving, uncomfortable, never look the way you want them to, and theyre expensive. Especially if you have to pay to have all of youre teeth removed along the way. Hopefully you just need a cleaning and dont have cavities or anything else.
>>
>>72293481
>as longs as your teeth don't hurt, they're healthy
worst advice you could give someone. By the time your teeth hurt its already too late. Even worse, periodontal disease doesnt hurt at all, youre bone is just wasting away from the infection and you dont notice until its too late.
>>
Your teeth are fucked vro
>>
>>72293572
Basically this. Its not as bad as a broken tooth but your going to need it cleaned and probably resurfaced / coated by one of the various methods. (I've had about $10k spent on my mouth)
>>
>>72293605
why is human body so fucking stupid
why do i have to spend so much money to fix my mouth and teeth
>>
You can buy a tartar/calculus remover. Not as good as getting a cleaning though, you'll never get it all on your own.
>>
>>72293063
I just had a cleaning done 2 days ago for like 30 bucks
what kind of fucking shithole do you live in?
>>
>>72293626
I wouldnt do this only because youll probably fuck up your teeth. Its a essentially a small power tool with a sharp vibrating piece of metal.
>>
>>72292912
first order of business go to a fucking dentist dude
>>
>>72292912
Brush more
Stop smoking
Stop drinking coffee
>>
How do you lift for your teeth? Like can you remineralize? Also I have yellowISH teeth. Not bad considering my history with brushing. Is there a safe way to whiten? Ways I've seen just fucking laser or scrape off the top layer and are basically making it quicker for your teeth to get down to the root and need to be ripped out. So fucking stupid. I just want healthy strong teeth, and I would settle for just slightly less yellow
>>
File: IMG_6930.jpg (401 KB, 1141x498)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
dentist bros what do i have here
>>
>>72293811
>remineralize
flouride, nano hydroxpatite, k2 mk4 (from the inside, though some report getting their enamel growing), calcium, magnesium.

>yellowISH
No need to harm your enamel. Just swish around and drink water after tea or coffee, soda.
>>
>>72292912
Go to the denti-
>American
oh wait nevermind lmao
>>
File: RrbSvV9.png (406 KB, 931x953)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
>>72293875
Tooth cancer
>>
Mouth of Sauron looking ass
>>
>>72293894
bunp
>>
>>72293875
sugondess
>>
bump
>>
>>72292912
go to a dentist you retard
>>
>>72293063
Sanding plus scaling is around $60-80 in my country for both, have you tried not being in poverty?
>>
Dental in america is actually pretty cheap even without insurance. Oral surgery will set you back tho... even then most insurance only covers cleaning

For the idiots in this thread, it's two things. Gum health and acidic/staining foods and drinks
>>
>>72293875
bump
>>
>>72294556
It is tartar

I had it too .. buy those little metal picker. There is a kit with 3 metal tools. One is a little mirror, onde is a thick little hook and one a very thin hook.

Slowly get in front a mirror and rub that plaque off. Do some removal and brush you teeth every day. Use the mirror to see under difficult places.

It will evolve back very fast for one or two months, but keep the mouth flora under control and it will slowly stop coming back.

Also, get ready because these little mirror make you see under your back tooth and more often than not you will get bad surprises.

You can flat and bend the point of a piece of wire and do it. Works similar.

Thing is I am a little bit retard. Once I removed a lumb of my ball sack with a paper cutter and a wire clipper. I improvise.

But can be done.

Bad side is that people notice this crap and it will pull apart you gum from its original position. This deformation never revert
>>
>>72293209
hygienist, fillings and tray whitening aren't bank breaking. root canals and crowns are.
>>
>>72292912
Floss 1 / day before bed.
Brush on awakening and before bed.
Chew sugar free gum for 30 minutes after every meal.
Avoid sodas.
Stop smoking/chewing, vape instead or use patches.
Get your teeth cleaned once a year, nothing else unless you have pain.
>>
It is very common to people that like to suck ass.

Stop this. Seek help
>>
someone tell me why implants are 10000 bucks
>>
>>72293572
Dental Chad, it is nice to see you around /fit/. Thanks for the sound advice you have been providing. You motivated me to pick up a waterpik not too long ago and it has been worth every penny. We are all going to make it.
>>
Sugary things cause the most tartar build up for me, raising especially
>>
>>72295021
waterpik vs flossing
go
>>
>>72295105
just do both ffs.
In the morning, I waterpik and then brush + scrape my tounge.
And in evening I add waterpik and mouthwash on top of that.
Had no new cavity since.

I feel that Waterpik on itself would not be sufficent.
>>
>>72292995

How high?
>>
>>72292912
brush your teeth
floss your teeth
go to dentist
retard
>>
>>72292912
Go to the dentist scrape that shit. What are 10 yo?
>>
>>72293632
Cleanings here are about $110
>>
>>72294984
How much do you think it costs to learn how to drill into your skull and to actually do that?
>>
>>72294627
what kind of retarded chink AI wrote this?
>>
>>72294984
Because you are willing to pay that much.
>>
>>72293063
How are minimum yearly cleanings not covered by your insurance?
>>
>>72292924
I drink it daily, does it really make teeth go bad? I have good teeth so far.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (141 KB, 1356x743)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>72292912
>how to fix this?
pic related. fuck dentists, do it yourself. bought one myself after getting sick of dentists telling me i had cavities when i did not and trying to schedule for the drill n fill i did not need every time i wanted to get my teeth cleaned. just bought one of these, you barely feel it and the plaque just fucking melts off your teeth. you may bleed a bit due to sensitive gums if you're really getting in there, but all you do is just grab some water, swish and rinse that shit out.
>>
>>72292924
over my dead body
>>
>>72292912
Try whitening toothpaste?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.