[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1666450391603221.jpg (29 KB, 622x716)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>cut weight
>Lift for a year
>lifts are intermediate for my weight
>Still skinnyfat
>Look like I don't even know what a gym is
YOU GUYS LIED TO ME WHERE'S MY FREE OTTERMODE BODY
>>
post body
post lifts

no one cares
>>>/blog/
>>
>>69058453
Pathetic
>>
>>69058453
You don't push yourself, go fuck yourself
>>
push harder and for the love of god do more volume.
>>
>>69058453
Did you forget to do your cardio?
>>
>>69058512
>>69058517
You're probably right. I think my routine has good volume but I'll push harder during my PR attempts.

My stats are as follows:
Body weight: 130 lbs
OHP 5RM: 95 lbs
Bench 5RM: 150 lbs
Squat 5RM: 205 lbs
Diddly 5RM: 225 lbs
>>
>>69058578
LMAO
>>
>>69058578
ah yes you fell for the pound-for-pound strength meme
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>69058578
I’m 6 foot tall and I’ve been lifting for 2 months and i do 95 OHP for 5
You are a manlet aka you’re tailorbuilt for this lift
I could tell your lifts would be fucking shit tier embarrassing as soon as I read
Everyone who says shit like this pushes around the most embarrassing babyweight
>>
>>69058578
You're fucking 130lbs? Unless you're under 5'5" You're a fucking skeleton, why the hell were you cutting? I assume you're starting out so being sub optimal is understandable but c'mon dude.
>>
>>69058578
lmao back in the pit manlet
>>
>>69058600
>>69058609
Yeah even posting anonymously I get embarrassed when ppl ask about my lifts. Im tired of being weak. Can you give me pointers on my routine?

Monday:
5x5 bench -- Start at 60% 5rm on the and increase every set until a new 5rm on the final set. New 5rm should be 5 pounds higher than last week and the same weight I lifted for 3 on Friday.
5x5 squats -- Same scheme as bench
5x5 rows -- same scheme as bench
4x5 deadlifts -- first set is 60% 5rm and work up to 90% 5rm last set
2x10 RDLs
4x12 weighted situps

Couch to 5k run

Wednesday:
4x5 deadlifts -- first set is 60% 5rm and final set is new 5rm. Should be 5 lbs higher than last week. Ive been struggling with my grip have recently reassessed my form.
4x5 OHP -- same scheme as deadlifts
4x5 light squats around 70% 5rm
3x10 lateral raises
3x10 hammer curls
3x10 shrugs
4x12 weighted situps

Couch to 5k run

Friday:
4x5 squats, 1x3 squat -- starts at 60% 5rm and works up to a new 3 rm. Will lift the 3 rep weight for 5 on Monday
1x8 light squat at 70% 5rm.
4x5 bench, 1x3 bench, 1x8 bench -- same scheme as squat
4x5 rows, 1x3 rows, 1x8 rows -- same scheme as rows
3x4-8 weighted dips
3x10 barbell curls
3x50 steps farmer walks

Couch to 5k run

>>69058620
Is it not intermediate for my weight? But yeah im not satisfied and want absolute strength, not relative strength. My lifts are intermediate but I dont consider myself strong. My goal is 1/2/3/4.

>>69058654
I'm 5'5 and was cutting because because I didnt want to be skinnyfat. Even now im like 20%+ bf. Been wanting to get my test measured
>>
>>69058681
it sounds like you're doing a version of madcow. I don't think you're at a point where you need to pyramid your sets. For your main lifts I would do your current 5RM for the 5 sets and add weight next workout if you can finish the 5th set. You can do an extra warm up set at 60% if you want, but there's no reason to ramp up to a 150 bench.
>>
>>69058681
do more hypertrophy work if you want to look good and not like a powershitter
>>
>>69058710
yeah, it started as madcow but I added a lot accessory exercises to help my deadlift keep up. Kept the rep scheme because I found it worked for me. Ive only been doing this routine for a few months and have been getting my first gains since early this year. When my noob gains dried up in February I tried a lot of regular LP programs but Id always stall because I couldnt do the 5RM for more than a set or two no matter how many times id repeat the week or deload. This routine actually works pretty well for me because I can put all my energy into 1 top set. Its kind of a mental thing. I was just wondering if this kind of rep scheme and exercise list could be optimized
>>69058728
Im open to trying hypertrophy but I cant keep lifting this baby weight so I want to get strong
>>
>>69058752
If you like the schema then I would try making the curve steeper maybe start at 70% then to 80%, 90% 100% 105%
>>
>>69058453
You are probably fatter than you think. Cut until you see your abs and don't stop for any reason until that point.
>>
>>69058681
>Is it not intermediate for my weight?
There’s no such thing and the sooner you accept that the sooner you can progress. The only time bodyweight compared to weight lifted matters is when comparing 2 people lifting the same weight.
>guy 1 benches lmao3pl8
>guy 2 also benches lmao3pl8
>guy 1 weighs 250 pounds
>guy 2 weighs 180 pounds
>guy 2 is stronger
Your weights are not “intermediate for your weight” they’re just beginner tier
>>
>>69058887
Yeah you're right. Im trying to lean bulk so I can lift more weight. I dont regret my cut though. I was 20 pounds heavier and lifting less even than I do now because I had to learn how to eat healthy and track my macros
>>69058872
I was 125 lbs at my lightest. Im currently 130 since im trying to lean bulk. If I kept cutting at that rate id have to weigh the same as my little sister who's 110 lbs,
>>
>>69058916
Don’t lean bulk just bulk
You can lose the fat later
>>
>>69058921
This is bad advice, well to be clear in a vacuum it's great advice, but practically speaking being, fat is a steep price to pay for being strong, one that most people, especially people who have never been fat, are unwilling to pay.
>>
>>69058947
DOnt care
Op can either be skinnyfat for the rest of his miserable life or he can grow a pair of balls and get fat for a few months in exchange for being strong for decades
No skin off my back
>>
>>69058786
What about something like 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 90, 80, 70, 60? I dont want to risk being fatigued before my 5rm since it always 5 lbs higher than the previous week. I wouldnt mind doing more sets after the 5rm if I still have strength for lighter weights though
>>
>>69058921
Wouldnt I get the same amount of muscle either way? I thought lean bulking was just bulking but youre minimizing the extra calories that fat would take to form
>>
>>69058973
No because you’re not going to eat enough to get big if you only eat healthy food
Theoretically it would work but you won’t stick to it. Need some hyperpalatable slop that goes down easy
>>
>>69058963
You can't stop at 100%, you'll never get stronger unless you reach above your means, that's literally the whole point of strength training. What you're talking about would be better suited if hypertrophy was your goal, which is fine if it is, but there's better ways to do that then with the routine you're currently running.
>>
>>69058981
You do, not everyone does
>>
>>69058992
Ok sure enjoy your “lean bulk” bro
>>
>>69059000
I do, I know how to cook.
>>
>>69059005
k
>>
>>69058989
Oh yeah I meant 100% as in my new 5rm, not the same as the previous week. My goal at the moment is to add weight to my compounds as fast as possible
>>
Not OP but i tried dirty bulk then cut. I've become skinny fat and my lifts went back to 0. Dirty bulk not even once
>>
>>69059028
Even still I don't think there's a need to be ramping up to babyweight. Your first set of bench is 90 fucking pounds, that is useless for you even as a warmup. Do 150 5x5, you probably won't make it all the way through but next week you'll be closer.
>>
>>69058578
>130 lbs
You cant grow if you are underweight and starve yourself
>>
>>69059098
>Your first set of bench is 90 fucking pounds, that is useless for you even as a warmup.
Hmm yeah it's way easy. I'll try experimenting with different rep schemes. What I like about what I have now is that I've been able to add 5 lbs every week because I'm not tired when it's time to try a new 5rm. So next week I'd be ramping up to 155. But it'll probably catch up to me and I won't be able to ramp up as easily. I don't wanna bench 150 for like a month just to get 5x5 though. That's what I was doing before and my weights were barely increasing. Maybe I can start my sets at a higher weight or just do multiple sets of something like 85% of my top set and increase that every when I can along with my 5rm
>>
>>69059142
You could try the Texas Method, it's rippletits shit, but it's basically what you described at the end. I had more success with that then madcow.
>>
>>69058578
>these lifts after a YEAR
>130lbs after a YEAR of bulking
jesus christ you could have just done SS and eaten everything in sight for 3 months and then cut and still be way ahead of that with 6 months to spare. did you just never eat at a surplus ever and think you could make progress? where do you think the building blocks to make muscle would come from retard

why do you guys fuck around so much
>>
>>69059104
I'm average weight for my height. 130 for me is like 150 for a regular sized human
>>69059158
Checking it out and I might give it a shot after I finish my current madcow cycle. Idk if I can grow my deadlift on only 1 set of 5 a week though
>>69059173
My first couple months I was doing that and what's when I got most of my gains. The next few months after that I started stalling even though I was gaining weight. Eventually I hit 150 lbs which was overweight for my height despite my lifts not increasing so I decided "fuck it if I'm not making gains I may as well lose this fat." During my cut I learned how to weigh food and count macros properly but obviously didn't make significant gains during it. I cut to 125 and have been slowly lean bulking and my lifts have been slowly going up and I'm stronger than I was at 154. But yeah not a day goes by where I don't get salty over working out for a year and still not making it out of dyel mode.
>>
>>69058453
>Still skinnyfat

cut more, you fucking idiot
>>
>>69059199
Read the rest of the tread. I think it's my lack of muscle keeping me skinnyfat and no amount of cutting is gonna fix that unless I go to Auschwitz tier weight
>>
>>69058453
Youre supposed to bulk before you cut, why tf anyone listens to shit on this board is beyond me. You can even do mini bulk and cut cycles of 8 weeks bulk, 8 weeks cut. In the long run that's more sustainable from a metabolic and a psychological standpoint anyway.

No point in cutting for muscles if you dont fucking have any
>>
>>69058992
Says the guy who made this thread crying about weak and skinnyfat lmao
>>
File: 1641029889052.png (595 KB, 720x720)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
>>69058681

I'm willing to bet you're lacking intensity judging by the fact that you include your warmup sets in your working sets in your post and then include them in your "5 rep max" kek. Understand that if you don't stimulate your muscles enough and go near failure, then you will never achieve any significant progress.

Also, why are you doing completely arbitrary numbers of sets on any given day? It just makes things harder to track, and thus also limits your progress. Equalize the amount of sets and reps you do for the compunds during the week, progress by increasing the weight weekly, and once you can't increase the weight anymore, increase the reps weekly. Don't have to overcomplicate things by Redditifying your programming with le percentages and le 'light day/heavy day' memes when you're a beginner.

>running 3km for no reason after every workout

No comment on the above.
>>
>>69060701
I actually did bulk before I cut but I was too lazy to write everything in detail. Check out >>69059194
>>69060727
That guy wasn't me. I'm open to trying new things diet wise although I ld rather not get fat if I can get the same gains
>>69061989
That's just the madcow rep scheme. I've been able to add 5 pounds to my lifts every week on this week but you're probably right. I'll try to make or find a new routine that has more working sets of 5 at at least 80-90% 5rm. Do you have any recommendations? I'm not sure if something like strong lifts would work for me. My noob gains have stopped. My 5 rep maxes are .75/1.15/1.57/1.73 body weight. Although my lifts are low I'd say I have the relative strength of a guy who's been lifting for like 6 months, so forget that I've been lifting for a year and let's just assume I've been lifting for half of that and that's where my strength level is. What would you recommend someone who's exhausted their first few months of noob gains on something like SS/SL move on to?
>>
>>69058981
Healthy foods aren't all low calorie. Not even most.
>>
File: 1386886143417.png (209 KB, 450x410)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>69060701
>Youre supposed to bulk before you cut
>>69062370
>I actually did bulk before I cut
That's why you got skinnyfat you fucking retard. Start cutting. When you see visible abs, bulk for 6 months or until 200 lbs. Then cut again.
>>
>>69062575
I didnt say they are. I said they’re not hyperpalatable, and they’re too satiating. For example, if you make a really yummy and healthy lasagna, once you eat your fill of that, it’s going to be really hard to force yourself to eat more of it because it satisfies you. But if you eat the same amount of lasagna, and then get a McDonald’s burger, the burger goes down easy bc it’s not real food
>>
>>69062625
I think you're a baby and your example is retarded
>>
>>69062652
Bulking doesn’t mean eating fast food all day everyday, the best way to bulk is to eat healthy to get to your caloric maintenance and then eat some junk food to go past it. Allout dirty bulking is really unhealthy and you’ll feel sluggish. And lean bulking flatout doesn’t work, everytime someone here goes on a “lean bulk” they come back in a few months whining about how they look exactly the same. Post the results of your lean bulk to prove me wrong then bro
>>
>>69060701
Bulking out of skinny fat is a bigger meme than SS
>>
>>69062671
I'm not op. It would be absurdly easy to go past maintenance for me with healthy or at least decent home cooked food. I am however skinny fat like op but I fucking hate cutting and weigh like 173.
>>
>>69062685
>I’m skinnyfat
>It would be easy for me to stop being skinnyfat
>I just don’t want to
KYS retard
>>
>>69062696
I didn't say it would be easy. I just hate cutting.
>>
>>69062717
Cut your wrists instead of weight. Down the road, not across the street.
>>
>>69062747
What is your issue? Not enough McDonald's today?
>>
>>69062772
Yeah. Probably. Does kind of feel like a hypoglycemia issue. I'm sorry.
>>
>>69062844
It's okay
>>
File: 1668525345152014.jpg (70 KB, 480x608)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>69062370

I'd probably transition into an upper/lower split and run that for a year or more. You can find good example programs on Natural Hypertrophy's YT Channel, but your goal should be to program for yourself based on your needs eventually.

The key takeaway for you should be is to get your workout quality in order. If you are training with enough intensity to induce hypertrophy, your body will tell you if it needs more fuel. Don't overthink your diet and don't listen to dysmorphic trannies on this board when it comes to eating. Half of them tell you to cut half tell you to bulk, you're just gonna end up yo-yo dieting and make 0 gains.

Good luck and godspeed Anon, we believe in you.
>>
>>69058578
yeah no they aren't.
>>
>>69063244
Is an upper/lower split I hypertrophy routine? My goal is to increase my compound lifts until I can move some respectable weight but I wouldn't mind doing a split if it'll get me those results. As far diet I think I'll eat at a surplus because I have no muscle to cut to.
>>69063266
Tell me what are the intermediate 5 rep maxes for a 130 lbs guy then.
>>
>>69063607

There is no real discernible difference between a hypertophy and a strength focused programme at your current level. You will keep getting stronger and bigger if you keep it simple and focus on progression as a priority. The numbers will come eventually, if you just stop looking at your your training as a day-to-day endeavor and think of it as a life long commitment. Any other way, you are likely to fail miserably.
>>
>>69063607
>Tell me what are the intermediate 5 rep maxes for a 130 lbs guy then.

There’s no such thing you fucking coper. The concept doesn’t go both ways. A good lift is less impressive if you’re a fat fuck but a shitty lift doesn’t magically become good if you’re skinny.
>>
>>69058681
>3 day a week full body
>5 reps per set
>only one "heaviest" set at the end
>why do I look like shit?
yeah, your routine is nonsense, do something else, and do what you are told not "I added a load of my own bullshit cause xyz" If your on here asking questions, you shouldn't be making up your own program
>>
>>69058681
Only 3 days a week? That's maintenance mode.
>>
>>69064358
>>69064578
It's Madcow 5x5, a well known strength training program, with some added accessories.
What if instead I do 5x5 of my heaviest sets Monday and Wednesdays and keep the PRs on Friday but make the PRs sets of 5 instead of 3? Also what's wrong with 3 day full body and 5 rep sets? All the novice programs have that scheme. Open to better strength routines if you have any in mind
>>
>>69058609
>SS+GOMAD
LMFAO go kill youtself, rippetits cultist. That shit doesn't do anything.
>>69059250

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.