[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mt.png (492 KB, 393x478)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
What got you into lifting? I got on the bad side of some guys once and they wanted to jump me, so I decided I'd go to the gym and train hard enough so that if I ever got surprised by them I could hold my own.
>>
>>69057684
You could be the best fighter in the world and 5 average Joes who are hellbent on killing you would be able to overpower you, even if they are unarmed.
>>
>>69057707
You're right, but I'd rather have a 1% chance at winning than no chance at all
>>
>>69057684
What made Tyson so intimidating?
He was basically a manlet. He wasn't particularly muscular or heavy either and he has a squeaky voice. Yet he somehow seems much more intimidating than other bigger more muscular boxers (even the modern ones).
How do I gain terrifying presence perk irl?
>>
>>69057718
Your best chance of survival would be to invest in cardio and run away from them at a breakneck speed. Live to fight another day.
>>
>>69057727
>5’11 220lbs
>not particularly big
hmmm
>>
>>69057727
Peak Tyson is a huge influence to me. What made him most intimidating was his mindset. He was scared of losing and being embarrassed much more than he needed to win, and he NEEDED to win. He was brainwashed from a very young age by Cus that being the Heavyweight champ of the world was the only thing that mattered. He lived and breathed boxing to a psychotic degree. Every person that was in his path was a stepping stone from him reaching his goal, and if he didn't reach that goal he considered it failure.

There's footage of him breaking down and crying before a fight in his younger years, that's how scared he used to get. Scared of all the humiliation if he can't win. But when it came time to win, he would flip a switch and become a monster. The level of focus he had to his goal was what made him as intimidating as he was. You could talk about his musculature, his speed, his body and his ability to overcome his height difference for days, but his psychotic level of focus and determination got him to where he was the whole time. It's such a shame that Don King got his grubby hands on him in the end. That really began the downwards trend for Tyson.
>>
>>69057742
Compared to the average heavyweight, Tyson was small. Holyfield was considered small and he stood at 6'3".
>>
>>69057684
>goes to the gym
>doesn’t go to the range
>>
>>69057727
deranged low iq autist who channeled his energy towards beating the fuck out of people rather than towards my little pony or sonic the hedgehog
>>
>>69057762
I agree with all of this but I’d like to add that it wasn’t just this. Mike could take a face shot at full power from the biggest hitters in the world and act like it was just another day at the park. His head would get snapped back and he then would just go back to swinging. He was a monster physically, psychologically, spiritually. He could glance a heavyweight with 25% of his full power and still knock them out. It was amazing.
>>
>>69057684
you could have saved a lot of time by just buying a gun
>>
>>69057855
>>69057742
5'11" makes him one of the shortest heavyweight champions ever, most of his opponents towered over him.

Also he unironically is probably autistic.
>>
>>69058059
Killing people who are trying to kill you is illegal in most parts of the world. Here in Australia, if somebody tries to rape you or kill you, you can't kill your attack, or else you go to jail for murder. You quite literally have to just bend over and accept your destiny.
>>
>>69058059
I have never seen a middling autist. The autistic people that I encounter are either Chris Chan levels of rock bottom or are wildly successful. I guess the same would apply to contact sports..
>>
>>69057684
Initially? Girls. That was when I was a teen.
These days I just lift because I hate the idea of being weak.
>>
I decided I wanted to be hot at some point before I die.
>>
>>69058037
No he couldn't. As soon as someone would stand up to him because they weren't intimidated he folded. That's why Evander crushed him
>>
>>69058208
Retarded take. He crushed many people before he got to Evander.
>>
>>69058385
He crushed cans and people who were washed you fucking retarded casual.
>>
Tyson has faded heavily went he got to Evander, lost his trainers and went to prison
he was already declining by the Ruddock fight when he parted ways with Rooney, the key to defeating him was either stay in long range and pepper him (like Douglas) or come into close range and outmuscle him like Holy, even then it was when he was out of his prime
>>
>>69058208
>an 11th round technical is "crushing someone"
>>
>>69058480
Tyson's "prime" lasted a grand total of three years. He's the most overrated, excuse ridden can crusher of all time.

>>69058516
That was just the first time. The second, he beat Tyson so badly Tyson resorted to biting him and getting disqualified because Holyfield dominated him. Tyson was too used to crushing cans and never had the legs to go into long fights
>>
>>69058550
tyson was the heavyweight champ before holyfield won his cruiser belt and they both lost to lewis
if tyson fought cans then so was holyfield after he jumped up to heavy
>>
>>69058648
The difference is Holyfield beat Tyson twice and Holyfield isn't treated like some unstoppable engine of destruction.
>>
>>69058656
tyson fought more people in his first professional year than most do in their first three and he's still the youngest heavyweight champ
that's why he's still remembered as a fucking beast
you what people think when they hear holyfield? the guy that got his ear bit off in an old man fight
that's it
>>
>>69057684
i walked 25 meters or so up a steep hill and i could hardly breathe and tasted blood in my mouth, i was so ashamed that i had let myself get to that point so i spent the rest of that day setting up a routine that i stuck with for 2 years. have been slacking these past 4 years and i needed to be reminded where i was so thank you.
>>
>>69057727
>What made Tyson so intimidating?
Media hype and carefully selected opponents.
>>
>>69058779
Cope
>>
>>69057684
idk friend wanted me to go after I lost 30kg. Now I lift so for next halloween I can wear a fez, a tanktop, aladdin pants and sandals and be a turk strongman.
>>
>>69057684
My relationship fell apart and I had this idea that when we eventually meet again that I would just look entirely different for the better in great shape and all that, but literally within a week of starting I was no longer doing it for her but for me cause I just enjoyed it so much going on almost two years now
>>
used to troll on /fit/ from time to time in 2012 with tall pics, then some buddies of mine asked me to come with them at the gym and lift some shit.

so now I troll /fit/ with my /cbt/ pictures , so it was 90% comedy for me I'd say
>>
>>69057707
I’ve fought 5 average Joes on three occasions and I can confirm you are wrong
>>
>>69057684
>Want to win fights
>Lift weights
>Don't train how to fight
Nice OP
>>
>>69057707
true, but 5 average joes would never be hellbent on killing you.
>>
>>69057684
1st time was in military, doc said leg days can help with my fucked knees (he was right)
2nd time was two or three years later, friends got me back in a local gym. was on/off til corona where i had to quit. came back last november and been training hard ever since.
>>
File: 1539142168473.gif (1.9 MB, 540x404)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB GIF
>>69057684
DRAGON DRAGON
>>
>>69059371
Not to mention Tyson supposedly only did body weight exercises.
There are rumors he lied about his training regime to keep people guessing so it could be bs
>>
Not sure. I just saw the right motivation at some point and decided that doing no exercise forever was not viable long term for either health, looks, or anything. Also my gf was getting kinda fat so I just got fitter myself for obvious reasons.
>>
>>69057684
>Be 15
>Get sexually assaulted
>Decide I cannot be an inferior whelp preyed upon by stronger more perverted predators.
>Swear vengeance
>Start lifting after watching American History X at 16
>Hit gym religiously.
>Be five years after my oath of revenge
>See the cunt at a pub
>Offers me some kind of truce (For bullying me rather than admit to sex crimes)
>Immediately begin throwing elbows and punches into his face and temple
>He has four mates trying to pull me off him
>Yelling at him loud enough for entire pub to hear that I am going to pull his entrails out his eyes sockets and decorate my walls with his ribcage.
>Finally a bouncer approaches as if to do something, but I am simply finished and leave.
>Few minutes later my mate calls me. He runs the pub, and has unbanned me following seeing the guy I attacked a whimpering, disorientated mess and putting two and two together.

Must ensure that I can't be victimized ever again. I benched 100kg for the first time last week. Squat 150x4. It's humble but it is enough to ensure I'm not preyed upon again. How heavy must I lift to undo the past ,brothers?
>>
>>69058095
Sad. I can shoot someone for just trying to break into my house.
>>
>>69057707
tyson could fight 5 opponents if they are unnarmed
>>
>>69060624
>get a bottle of glass swing it on his head

would have been simplier
>>
>>69060652
But what are your chances of becoming a Tyson? You need his genes and his work ethic. Do you know how much Tyson trained? Other than sleeping and eating it was all he ever did back then.
Also, people bent on taking you down don't care about rules and you can't just blindly assume everyone is fair in streetfights because that is how you get stabbed or smashed with a bottle. I always assume for the worst and that the people who are after me have weapons on them.
>>
>>69057727
my father is 6'2 but being 120 kg makes him way more capable of hitting than other peoples are,
its the weight you have that matter in a figbt not height
>>
>>69060747
you are assuming i play fair, he roided so yeah genetics isnt a problem, i wont be training like him but 5 average joes could jusy shoot you or stab you,
so you know
>>
>>69060747
than again fighting smart is better than fighting hard,
if your opponent is heavier than you wait for him to be off guard and hit in the chin you wont be taking him down by just hitting chest
>>
>>69057727
his swarming and angles made his opponents lose their own rhythm and fall into Tyson's pace and into traps very quickly.
If they raised their guard to avoid his head hooks he'd smash their body, instinctively they drop their elbows to the side to defend and up comes his upper cut to spit the guard. Tyson was also very good at being able, once in close range, to switch hit so throw power from either the left or right hand.
His movement and footwork was erratic but precise making his head hard to hit as well as getting in and out of range without much damage, swapping angles in corners and on the ropes to go from briefly trapped to advantageous position in less than a second.
He was especially hard to land on when most heavy weights had a foot of height on him, aiming at a low target they're not used to aiming at all while trying to back up as Mike rushed at them bobbing and weaving knowing those hooks were coming for your ribs. Cus made him into a real beast.
>>
File: Hmph!.jpg (28 KB, 554x554)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>69060820
not again...
I get it you're a Mike fan, but why do you have to do all this long-paragraphed texts in the /fit/ board, Mr. The Modern Martial Artist!.......
do u need a hug? -w-
;D
>>
>>69057707
Depends on the opponents too if they are 5 middle school students your ok
I once had this gypsi going after me he must have had like 40 kilo i didnt feel any of his punches or kicks and just walked away
>>
>>69059284
Lmao ok
>>
File: 174565026348995.jpg (112 KB, 1024x500)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>69057707
Thats why I don´t leave my home without my rescue tool. There are alot of robberies lately in my city. I don´t want my gf, my dogs or myself get hurt by some refugee scum
>>
>>69061594
That's not a useful tool for self-defenserino, and it will get you life in prison if you actually use it to defend yourself.
I carry a bearspray and a hammer (carpenter), and a strobe flashlight (confuses niggers). If you want a sharp tool for self defense you need to practice for at least 1 year until you get gud with a sword so that you don't get killed in return strike by a knife, or carry a spear. Little knifes are not worth it.
>>
>>69063254
>and it will get you life in prison if you actually use it to defend yourself.
if they find you

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.