[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Did you run today, /fit/?

previous: >>69026017

>Advice for new runners
- Try to keep your cadence high (at or around 180 steps per minute)
- Try to keep your heartrate in Zone1/2 (around an average of 55-65% of your max. heart rate)
- Build up speed and mileage SLOOOOWLY (start with 15 minutes, increase time/mileage by 10% per week)
- Yes, it will feel like you're going slow, you are; don't worry about setting good times for at least a couple months
- If you start to feel pain anywhere, stop and rest, then run a shorter distance next time or walk
- Don't worry about form, the human body knows how to run, just do what comes naturally
- If you can comfortably run 6 miles at one time, start thinking about what your goal race is, and look for a training routine for that race.

>Couch to 5k Guide
https://i.imgur.com/ef98R.png
>Sprinters Guides
https://trackstarusa.com/
>Bridge from 5k to 10k
https://i.imgur.com/qNJIy.png
>I want to run a fast 5k
https://www.halhigdon.com/training-programs/more-training/cross-country/
>Stretching guide
https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/training/beginners/a32172701/how-to-stretch-post-run/
>Performance calculator
https://runninglevel.com/
>>
FOY!
>>
>>69051123
You can see in this pic that it's impossible to look good running unless youre a pro.
>>
ummm yeh not on my watch
>>
>>69051153
yeah but it's fun
>>
>>69051123
Happy Thanksgiving, rooners.
Get some miles in and earn that second slice of pie.
>>
got my first 5k in less than an hour. wish me luck and I'll see you boys again real soon
>>
>>69051153
I honestly don't see anything that makes me cringe in that picture. The chicken guy looks pretty onions but that's 100% because of his expression, if you cut off his head it would look fine
>>
>>69052587
"Turkey Trots" are an American thing. Shorter races the morning of Thanksgiving holiday. Lots of runners treat them as more fun than serious races, so they show up with silly costumes.
>>
File: 1661354939477296.jpg (40 KB, 495x362)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>girl invites me to rooning
>it was a ploy to make me fall in love with her
>>
>>69052725
I need this
>>
>‘ate stroller pushers
>‘ate little kids
>‘ate walkers (not ableist, just don’t like ‘em)
>luv me fit bit
>luv me wind in me hair
>luv me finish line

Simple as
>>
stop dyin roon
>>
>wanted to go roon with my dog before it got dark
>got home too late so couldn't roon
fuck
>>
First race, 5mile done.
6foot, 205lbs, Goal was under 1hr, managed to get in 53:46 (PR)
1409/1832 place but I’ll take the W
>>
File deleted.
>>69051123
Happy Thanksgiving, all freedom-loving anons! And to everyone else, hope you have a good Thursday run.

Just got back from my 5 mile race. Got some free shitty pies.

I did pretty well. I finished in 35:XX (net time) with a 7:XX/mile pace.
It was very cold, 30 degreesF at the start, and I had a little trouble getting through the human traffic on the first half-mile. Between the 5k and 5-mile divisions, there were over 7,000 runners.
So my first 2 miles were a little slower than I would have liked, at 7:35/mile but I accounted for that in my plan.
After that, I upped the pace and coasted home.

I didn't feel gassed at the end and I could have squeezed out a couple more seconds per mile, but I'm still happy.
>>
>>69052587
>cut off the chicken's head
kek
>>
File: IMG_20221124_093722847.jpg (3.26 MB, 3120x4160)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
>>69053284
>>
Just did my longest roon, 13k. The thing is, by the end of it I wasn't feeling gassed out, just my feet were tired. I'm trying to increase my cardio as much as possible for sport, what should I do? Try to do a 5k as fast as possible or something?
>>
>>69054038
>I'm trying to increase my cardio as much as possible
Just continue rooning. I think for pure cardio, longer roons are better (at least 1 hour of roooning).
>>
>>69052587
nah they all look special needs mate
>>
Did my own Turkey Run. I didn't want to get up early, drive to a race location and run a course I don't really like.

Did a 5k around the neighborhood. I kept it short. Listened to a podcast. Nice crisp air and late-fall scenery. Pretty great.
>>
How do I stop my throat from getting so dry?
I live in the tropics btw.
>>
>>69054301
swallow every once in a while
>>
>>69054301
Breathe through your nose. Keeps the air moist. Mouthbreathing dries out your mouth and throat.
>>
okay I just got back from my first official 5k. According to my watch I did it in about 26 minutes. happy Thanksgiving bros
>>
>>69054454
Congratulations on your first race.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
>>
File: dMX8JI.jpg (807 KB, 1600x1200)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
>>69054569
Thanks anon, they even had a free chiropractor tent so a dude cracked my back and hip joints and neck and then a girl working there gave me a calves massage. And I ran into a qt from my old high school which was also nice.
wagmi
>>
>>69054028
I'm assuming this is you. >>69053284
I ran the Feaster Five too, just the 5k, not the full 5 mile event. It was cold as fuck at the start and my knees were aching standing there in the starting corral.

Enjoy those awful pies.

Also,
>tfw no gf to run races with
>>
File: 1636228859765.jpg (153 KB, 750x750)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>that post roon Coors
>>
File: kid-vomit.gif (1.35 MB, 278x216)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB GIF
>>69054758
American "beer"
>>
File: 1653190407344.gif (2.54 MB, 640x640)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB GIF
Looking for a simple exercise to do while watching videos. Does one leg standing strengthen my legs for roonning?
>>
>>69054344
is nose breathing actually a recommended thing?
>>
>>69054028
What do you think this place is, reddit? Think you would do better there.
>>
>>69054913
Try single leg deadlift
>>
>>69054892
noo I gotta have a heckin reddit and morty branded IPA!!!
that's YOU dude
>>
>workout two days ago sucked
>ankles started hurting midway through yesterday's run
>still hurt today
Not like this....
>>
>>69052900
Stop eating people fatty
>>
>calves super sore and tight after roon
>nothing else is sore
stretches for this feel? it's not really painful but they're really tight now
>>
ran 20 fgm
>>
>>69055141
>>Stretching guide
>https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/training/beginners/a32172701/how-to-stretch-post-run/
>>
>>69055060
>is nose breathing actually a recommended thing?
Yes.
The reason why is that it improves your body's oxygen uptake because a breath in through the nose takes three times longer than one via the mouth. Therefore, you're not flooding your system with more air than it can use at once.
When you breathe through your mouth, your body can't use all the air you've inhaled before you've exhaled and it ends up dumping un-used air.

Think of being allowed to sip from a glass slowly instead of having a glass poured into your open mouth all at once.
>>
File: e9f.png (915 KB, 680x823)
915 KB
915 KB PNG
>>69055066
>didn't have a race to run
>didn't have anyone to run it with
>could be enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with family, instead, in the basement shitposting.
>>
>>69055066
>NOO WE HAVE TO BE HECKIN ANTISOCIAL LOSERS
dude, I don't know if you got the memo but it's not 2009 anymore, we're unironically the cool people and normies are the ones glued to screens 24/7

go outside and have a happy thanksgiving for me, okay?
>>
>>69054028
What shoes are you wearing?
>>
oh by the way what do you guys think about a 26 minute 5k? I feel okay about it considering I hadn't run a 5k in my life before the start of the month. My first run was about 40 minutes and I worked on upping my pace by .5MPH every time and today on my first actual event I managed a ~26 min.

Think I'll be able to get it down to 20 minutes any time soon?
>>
>>69055141
Foam rolling my calves helps me when they're tight.
>>
>>69055292
Imagine thinking everyone is American. State.

FOY!!
>>
>>69055392
American site bro. enjoy your no v8 cars hahahhaa

happy thursday though anon
>>
>>69055318
Don't celebrate thanksgiving. Maybe go back to roddit.
>>
>>69052678
God America is annoying
>>
>>69055350
The guy is wearing what look like Adidas Takumi Sen. (I could be wrong. A lot of Adidas look similar) The girl is definitely wearing Nike Alphafly.
>>
File: smug farmer pepe.png (205 KB, 964x771)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>69055399
kek living in europe or whatever is peak reddit though

I'm going to the shooting range tomorrow morning too.
>>
>>69055376
>oh by the way what do you guys think about a 26 minute 5k? I feel okay about it considering I hadn't run a 5k in my life before the start of the month. My first run was about 40 minutes and I worked on upping my pace by .5MPH every time and today on my first actual event I managed a ~26 min.
For a first time, that's a good benchmark.
A lot of getting faster is simply getting used to running for that long. Most people can't even consider the idea of running for more than 5 minutes at a time.

>Think I'll be able to get it down to 20 minutes any time soon?
Assuming you're starting from a place of being relatively young and relatively fit, yes. Keep training, balancing long, easy runs with shorter, more intense runs. (The end goal is to develop the strength to propel yourself fast enough and the endurance to maintain that pace for long enough.)

For now, gains (or losses, depending on your perspective) will come simply through training and running more. You may hit a plateau around the 21-22 minute mark. At that point, you'll want to find and follow a more focused training plan.
>>
>>69055424
Correct on both.
>>
>>69055494
>For a first time, that's a good benchmark.
Thanks. Hopefully I can maintain that pace next time I do a training run. Last time I ran closer to 29 minutes. That was two days ago, though, so the difference between then and now is probably mental and not physical.

>Most people can't even consider the idea of running for more than 5 minutes at a time.
I couldn't until recently. You guys have actually been extremely helpful to me in these threads and I can't thank you anons enough. I never would have even tried a 5k without some prodding from anons in here

>Assuming you're starting from a place of being relatively young and relatively fit, yes.
cool, I'm somewhat fit and I'm 23. When should I try working in shorter intense runs and how short should those be? I used to try to run a mile after a gym workout, should I try that again?

I honestly wouldn't mind being stuck at a 22 minute 5k, that'd be pretty decent for me. but 20 would be great.
>>
>>69051123
Due to a shipping error, I won't be able to get my intended speedwork/racing shoes, but the company will send me a replacement. What are good shoes for speed work and 5K races?
>Adizero Adios 7
>Saucony Kinvara 13
>Mizuno Wave Rebellion
>Brooks Hyperion Tempo
Or is there another model I should consider? I weigh about 90kg/200lbs at 6'3/193cm at the moment, if that matters for shoe choices.
>>
>>69055547
>When should I try working in shorter intense runs and how short should those be?
You could start tomorrow if you wanted. Bear in mind that coaches usually insist that 75% to 80% of your weekly miles be easy. That's where you get the most benefit.

But some days those long runs seem boring and you want to mix it up, so you can start out with some hill workouts if you're not ready to actually get to a racetrack yet.

Like, find a hill of medium incline about 200m long, doesn't have to be Mount Everest or anything. Give yourself about 10 minutes of warmup jogging, then run up the hill as hard as you can, about 30 seconds of all-out effort. Then, jog back down, slow as you like. Then, sprint back up the hill.
Repeat this 5, 8, 10 times.

This exercise will definitely shave time off your 5k because it will get you better at running hills. Most people lose huge amounts of time on hills.
>>
>>69055681
Still sore in my calves so I'll be stretching and I'll give it a day or two but I'll try adding in some hill sprints. thanks
>>
>>69055663
I'd go for either the Adios 7, or the New Balance Supercomp Pacer
>>
>>69055663
>Adizero Adios 7
Of the four shoes you listed, this one is best, in my opinion. However, try before you buy (or get the shoe in multiple sizes and send back the ones that don't fit.)

Among the shoes you didn't list, though, the Saucony Endorphin Speed 3 is a great choice for speedwork/racing.
>>
>>69051123
cardio is for people who run away. Face your troubles anons
>>
>>69056387
>or the New Balance Supercomp Pacer
That's a good 5k/10k shoe, but I'd be a little hesitant to recommend it to a guy who's that heavy. Fuelcell is a very soft foam, so he'd risk bottoming it out.
>>
>>69056408
I'm trying to get faster so I can chase my problems down and kill them.
>>
Just started running again after lifting for a long time with very little cardio training. Sucks bros.

Managed a mile in 6:42. I was able to run 4:50/mile consistently in high school while I was on the cross country team, but it's amazing how far you fall.
>>
>>69056431
this
>>
22:07 at the 4 miler. Didn't hit my goal, really disappointed
>>
I literally trained for three months to get from sub 20 to sub 19 but I finally did it. Can't believe I pulled it off on Thanksgiving too
>>
>>69056477
I feel that
>haven’t ran in 4 years
>join local turkey trot 5k
>23 min
I used to run 5ks under 15 min pretty easily (on a track). Feels bad man but the possibility of building up running fitness again is kinda exciting.
>>
Think I need to start doing more genemaxxing
>>
>>69056989
I'm hoping it comes back quickly, muscle memory and all that. Haven't seriously ran in years and I gave that mile everything I had.

Then I looked at my watch and saw 6:42. Definitely disappointing lol
>>
If my objective right now is to gain muscle mass (I've literally lost over 65lbs and muscle has suffered because of it) should I even be bothering to focus on roon? or? I mean I don't want to gain fat, but I need muscle
>>
if I train sprints or hill sprints will I get joocy legs
>>
>>69056989
damn anon youre you fast you can get back there wagmi
>>
>>69044788

Yup and hit a PB. Happy thanksgiving anons
>>
my 8 hour Saturday trail run got canceled, so I’m gonna run by myself tomorrow and have my wife operate my own personal aid station at the car while I run a 5ish mile loop. I’d like to get to 50k but idk if I can pull that off.
>>
Legs needed a break so I went through an hour and 20min strength and conditioning routine, it sucked but did make my legs feel better.
>>
>>69056408
You never watched MMA or other fighting?
>>
>>69057138
A little running doesn't hurt gains. Unless you try to be a marathon or ultra rooner.
>>
>>69051123
Ran 5 miles on treadmill at 8 min pace
Trying to get back to where I was
Just depressed,
RASP cole range drop
>>
>>69056974
I've been training for 4 months to get 22:00 down to 21:30, currently at 22:20
>>
>run for a while
>get knee pain when squatting
>stop running
>pain goes away
fuck running.
but srs, can running actually fuck up your knees? I live in the desert so terrain here is really rugged and uneven and rough.
>>
>>69059168
Well squatting + running is more stress on your legs then just squatting. If you did it the other way around then you'd probably have the same complaint about squatting.

I mean of course it CAN fuck up your knees, but mostly your knees hurt because your tendons and bones etc are not conditioned to the stresses of running.
>>
Is it a good idea to lift on off days? Or will I fuck up my recovery?
>>
>>69051123
How do I know if my normal rooning shoes are worn out and I need new ones?
>>
quickest way to increase my vo2 max?
need to be able to score 10+ on a beep test
>>
>>69059281
I've been doing this for 4 months, no preoblems yet
>>
>>69059431
https://www.theathletetribe.com/understanding-co2-tolerance-how-to-train/
>>
I've been running on and off for about a month now. How do I increase my mileage? I can't even run 2km without taking a break, best I've done is 1.6km. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>69059681
Running too fast.
Mouth breathing?
>>
>>69059418
when they start getting holes and you can see the sole is worn through in areas.

or they say you should replace every 3 - 400 miles they will probably look perfectly fine but they will have lost the springyness they would have had at the beginning.
>>
>>69059788
stop trying to make out like mouth breathing is something people shouldnt do
>>
>>69059681
Do you stop because you're tired or do you stop because you're lazy? I find I always feel like stopping and like I just don't WANT to push through but if I force myself to just keep going I can go a lot further than I realise. If you need to slow down a bit then do it, but don't stop running.
>>
>>69059681
maybe some kind of structured training programme instead of just rooning until you can't roon anymore?

> on and off

you also need to be consistent
>>
>>69059999
Why not?
>>
>>69059999
>stop trying to make out like mouth breathing is something people shouldnt do
It's not the end of the world if they're mouth breathers but literally everyone would be better as a nose breather. Obviously the context is important, if you're sprinting or doing any activity that requires explosive power, the way you breathe isn't going to be that important. But for everyday life and long distance running, nose breathing can make a difference.
>>
>>69059418
>>69059987
Obviously when you've worn through the outsole rubber and you're just grinding away the midsole foam, then the shoes are done.
That new-shoe springiness can be gone in as little as 100 miles, depending on the foam compound, but that's not necessarily an indicator the shoes are done.

Depending on how you run, however, like if there's a major imbalance in your gait, your shoes may not last as long as you think.
Check the wear patterns of your soles. On a normal runner, there's the majority of the wear around the area of the big toe and less but still noticeable in the area the outside of the heel.

If your wear pattern is wildly different from that, like if you have all the wear on the outside edge, then the foam will be wearing out at different rates and actually making your gait more imbalanced. This could ultimately lead to injury.
>>
>>69060120
no this is ridiculous. if someone gets good enough. they will get to a point where they wont be able to use nose breathing for easy runs. no one needs to do nose breathing and you cant do it at a certain level.
>>
>>69060129
You get more useful oxygen from breathing less. The science is settled sweet cheeks.
>>
>>69060129
>they will get to a point where they wont be able to use nose breathing for easy runs
That's simply not true. If a runner can't breathe through his nose while running, it's NOT an easy run.

Speed/experience doesn't matter. Your easy run pace will naturally improve as you become a more efficient runner. If you have to start mouthbreathing to hold the pace, then you're going too hard.
>>
>>69060129
>if someone gets good enough. they will get to a point where they wont be able to use nose breathing for easy runs
Nigga, getting good is literally using less oxygen and going further and/or faster
>>
No one breathes through their nose except hobbyjogger geeks looking for a shortcut to actually just running.
>>
>>69060287
No need to project negativity and resentment over your own inabilities.
>>
>>69060340
No its negativity about your dumb advice as if the reason someone is finding running hard is because they breathe through their mouth, which makes no sense.
>>
>>69060216
Getting good means you can use MORE oxygen, although I guess you might use marginally less at the same pace by slight improvements to running form.
>>
>>69060419
https://youtu.be/Oftuk0FrlCo
>>
>>69060698
Its straw clutching. Countless people claim to come up with novel shortcuts that are hardly ever substantiated or adopted by the mainstream with any noticeable effect. People try so hard at improvement that they feel they have to unnecessarily micro-manage every tiny aspect of what they are doing even if the benefits are small or unproven.
>>
>>69060897
>>
>>69060897
You're right that the benefits are minimal, compared to something like, training more efficiently or increasing training volume; however, they are not unproven.

If you can breathe through your nose, you should. If you cannot for whatever reason, like a deviated septum or congestion from allergies, it's no big deal.
>>
>>69060962
They are unproved, what you have is a hypothesis at best. If there were proven advantages it would become almost universal amongst top athletes.
>>
Is running a 30 minute 5k twice a week a good way to maintain decent cardio alongside a 5/6 day gym routine?
>>
>>69061060
See, now you're just at the point where you're saying
>Nope, that science doesn't count.

So you can go run into traffic, since you're no longer arguing in good faith.
>>
>>69061077
What "science"?

For something to be close to "proven" in science you would need a large number of studies all showing significant effect sizes with any other explanation conclusively ruled.
>>
>>69061143
>For something to be close to "proven" in science you would need a large number of studies that all demonstrate the point I have decided upon ahead of time

It's OK, kid. I mean, you're not going to win this one but, as you correctly guessed, your mouthbreathing is hardly the reason you're slow.
>>
>>69061285
Jesus christ, if you're this retarded just go back to /pol/
>>
File: Dmx4MA0UYAER5Ea.jpg (56 KB, 971x546)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>69061292
>everything bad is /pol/
>>
File: 1642635152165.jpg (188 KB, 929x624)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
Whatever potential benefits there may be to nose breathing in some /roon/ situations can we at least agree that suggesting mouth-breathing as a reason for why anon couldn't roon for more than 1.5k is absolutely fuck-retarded and move on?

>today
>out rooning
>pedestrians ahead of me
>they're taking up the whole pavement and there are cars so I can't go into the road
>shout "on your left"
>roon past them
>actually pass them on their right

at least I tried
>>
>>69059281
Its a much better idea to lift on your hardest running days. Hard days hard
>>
>>69060962
they arent unproved and even so, there's no proof there if the benefits of breathing through your nose are outweighed by benefits of not breathing through your nose.
>>
>>69061347
> Be rooning
> Pedestrians ahead
> They don't notice me
> I can pass them myself, but it'll be tight and they might collide with me due to their inattention
> Figure it's polite to announce myself
> They notice me
> Give me deer in the headlights look
> Jump INTO my way
Many such occasions.
>>
>>69051123
I seem to have an l5 s1 problem from heavy deadlifts and squats. roooning seemed to have improved it immensely.

I now feel my calves working the same etc.

anyoneelse found rooning very rehabilitating?
>>
Is there a name for the injury/niggle where you can like feel your hip "pinching" when you move it for lack of better word?
>>
>>69061347
>Whatever potential benefits there may be to nose breathing in some /roon/ situations can we at least agree that suggesting mouth-breathing as a reason for why anon couldn't roon for more than 1.5k is absolutely fuck-retarded and move on?
Yes, anon is slow and probably fat. After a few more weeks of trying and failing to roon, he'll probably just give up and call himself a "sprinter".

>pedestrians
Can be extremely frustrating. They seem to act like runners are Martians or something.
Running in the morning reduces the likelihood of encountering lots of them, but increases the likelihood of some dog-walker being unable to control his mutt and getting bitten
>>
What is the consensus on the Saucony shift 3? I'm running 5ks 3-4/week.
>>
>>69061347
>“As a modern culture, we have primarily defaulted to a by-mouth approach to breathing during exercise, falsely assuming that we cannot adequately oxygenate ourselves by breathing though our nose,” explained Dr. George M. Dallam, former USA Triathlon National Team coach and current professor of exercise science and health promotion at CSU-Pueblo. “And this result of this is a nearly epidemic rate of exercise-induced bronchoconstriction in endurance athletes.”

>In layperson terms, many athletes are breathing their way into an asthmatic response. Dallam’s recently-published analysis in the Journal of Sports Research is the first comprehensive review to actually investigate the common assumption that oronasal (nose and mouth) breathing is superior. As it turns out, it’s not. Nasal breathing while running, biking, and exercising has its benefits.

>Dallam says our noses are specially designed to filter, humidify, and regulate the temperature of the air we inhale. When we breathe with our mouths, the air doesn’t get the same treatment—mouth-inhaled air that hits the respiratory passages, called bronchi, is often drier and colder, causing the bronchi to constrict. This is called exercise-induced bronchoconstriction, or EIB. Symptoms of EIB—shortness of breath, tight chest, coughing, decreased endurance, or sore throat—typically appear within a few minutes after exercise begins, and continue for a short period after the workout concludes. (Think of that cough you get after running in the cold or dry air and breathing heavily through your mouth.)

https://www.triathlete.com/training/should-you-breathe-through-your-mouth-or-nose-during-exercise/
>>
>>69061519
sorry to add, I'm using Brooks ghost 12 now
>>
>>69061067
It's pretty decent I'd say. It's right around the zone where you get all the good benefits without any injuries
>>
>>69061595
Cool thanks bro :)
>>
>>69061519
>What is the consensus on the Saucony shift 3? I'm running 5ks 3-4/week.
I like it. It offers a little more stability than I'm used to (I usually run in completely neutral shoes) but it's not intrusive.
It's fairly light by max. cushion daily trainer standards.
The Endorphin line's "SpeedRoll" midsole shape takes a little getting used to but it makes holding a pace real easy. They don't feel as clunky as other shoes.
>>
>>69061533
So it's some academic's pet theory, maybe he's onto something or maybe not. Health/fitness/nutrition is full of such ideas, most don't amount to much of anything.
>>
>>69061642
>Dr. George M. Dallam, former USA Triathlon National Team coach and current professor of exercise science and health promotion at CSU-Pueblo.

>Dallam’s recently-published analysis in the Journal of Sports Research is the first comprehensive review to actually investigate the common assumption that oronasal (nose and mouth) breathing is superior. As it turns out, it’s not. Nasal breathing while running, biking, and exercising has its benefits.

Why don't you just admit you're wrong and gay.
>>
>>69061904
Like I said, it's one dude
>>
>>69061960
>not understanding peer review.
>>
>>69061977
Go on then, explain peer review to me
>>
>>69061994
>needs peer review explained to him
>>
>>69062012
I don't, but it's pretty obvious you don't understand what it means from the way you framed the comment.
>>
>>69061994
>>69062012
JUST KISS ALREADY
>>
>>69062019
>being this in the closet in the year of our lord 2022
>>
ran 30 miles in doubles yesterday feel good man
>>
I ran for the first time in over 5 years today. Feels good, gonna do it again.
>>
Probably go out for an easy recovery run in a bit, it's so damn windy..
>>
>>69062241
>ran 30 miles in doubles yesterday feel good man
What's doubles mean?
>>
>>69051123
Tried to go for a 5-mile run today after my 5-mile race yesterday. My legs had nothing. Felt like they were made of modelling clay. I was nearly a minute per mile slower

I know they say there's no such thing as wasted miles, but fuck, these did not feel productive.
>>
>>69062566
That's how I felt during my last long run, I kept thinking to myself "am I actually setting myself back by pushing through this or is it all about getting your legs to adapt to new levels of stress?"
>>
>>69062517
two runs
>>
>>69062566
>I know they say there's no such thing as wasted miles
Who the fuck says that?
>>
>>69062620
Ah, two-a-days. "Doubles" makes sense.

Good mileage, though, in any case.
>>
>>69062615
Even if you're not going fast, you're still getting your heart pumping faster.
An easy run where you feel like shit and an easy run where you feel great are still the same hour plus of moderately elevated heart rate.

That said, some days you just need to take a rest.
>>
>>69055663
>Adizero Adios 7
This is the shoe you want.
It's basically what a top-level marathon shoe would have been in 2017 or before.

It's very light. A traditional running shoe. It's quite firm, though not iron-hard, just not in-line with today's trend for super-plush midsoles. It's not like you feel like you've been running in skate shoes. It's hard to explain. When you're walking, they feel very brick-like, but when you're running, they wake up and feel lively.
>>
Ran 50 miles in trebles today in my new Brookes Brothers zx-lightnings. Extra thigh support for high mileage on trails.
>>
>>69051123
How useful are sunglasses when running? I've looked at a few and they're really expensive. Are there any pieces of clothing or accessories that can be really helpful for running? I live in western Europe, if that matters
>>
>>69064573
They're more of a comfort thing, long runs in the bright sun are more enjoyable when your not squinting all the time.
>>
>>69064573
You don't need to spend a ton ok sunglasses, I got some from MEC that were 60CAD and they're great
>>
>>69051123
running is dumb stop doing it.
focus your energy on making money.
running is for horses.
>>
>>69065049
>>69042898
>>
>>69065049
ill never stop
>>
>>69065408
>ill never stop running
You're not making progress. You are just tiring yourself out. Use that energy to think more and run less. The body eats itself when it is pushed like that. It destroys muscles to try and get your dumb ass to stop using up so much energy.
You are much better off simply eating less and skipping the running part.
I walk. I haven't run in decades. Stretching is also bad for you. never stretch. If you want to get limber, do a warm up workout.
>>
>>69065445
Why not just go all the way and die?
>>
>>69065445
>You're not making progress
u wot i made great progress this year lmao lol i love rooning
>>
File: marathon_sprinter1.jpg (19 KB, 299x296)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>69065711
>>69065610

Who looks like they got one foot in the grave in this pic? The sprinter or the marathoner?
>>
>>69065734
both you dunce we are all gonna die
>>
>>69065734
You realize a huge amount of jacked dudes die from heart disease or PED abuse? If you weren't a fucking dumbass you'd assume the marathon runner would live longer considering he has far less stress on his internal organs and much better cardio.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.