[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: lscutw.webm (1.61 MB, 1920x1080)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB WEBM
Can i fill this loose skin with muscle mass?
Im 6'1 and 22yo and 190lbs, im planing on losing more 20lbs and i know that that skin only will get wrose.
>>
>>67868992
You easily can.
Start now.
>>
>>67868992
you're young and the skin will most likely shrink.
>>
>>67868999
Im too fat right now, i want at least to see abs before bulking. Right now im sitting at around 18% body fat.
>>
>>67868992
it's hard to build significant muscle in that area although any muscle added will help. What was your starting weight?
>>
>>67869003
I hope so.
>>
File: 8m.png (733 KB, 1106x493)
733 KB
733 KB PNG
>>67869066
Yes, but if I gain muscle in the shoulders, for example, the muscle somehow pushes the skin which ends up decreasing the excess of loose skin in general, right?
>What was your starting weight?
277 lbs. I got a pic from 8 months ago when i was weighting arround 250lbs
>>
>>67868992
>>67869066
Yeah this anon is right. I was 320lbs 5’9 as a teenager, currently 6’0 210 lbs over 10 years later and I still look like shit. IMO, cutting too much just makes things worse. I’ve been as low as 160lbs before and it looked worse. The best option is to go for a built fat look. For reference, my lifts are like 200/340/250/350
>>
>>67869140
Have you ever considered the tummy tuck surgery?
>>
>>67869063
In that case you'll never make it.
Enjoy your misery.
>>
>>67869197
I considered when I was younger, but it always too expensive (it’s like $10k for a full) and by the time I grew up and got married I stopped caring about my loose skin. It could be a lot worse. Even though I have the money now, I don’t care enough to go through the rehab and lose the weight I need to cut before the surgery lol
>>
>>67869130
damn son, nice work. If I were you, I'd just focus on losing the rest of the weight and building/retaining as much muscle as you can in the process. Don't worry too much about the loose skin, you're young enough it might still shrink a bit in time, but worst case, start saving for surgery as a little present for yourself once you hit some other goals (maybe target weight and gain X amount of muscle). Loose skin isn't fun but you're still better off being thinner, don't let your mind trick you into thinking it's somehow worse.
>>
>>67869130
>>67869267
oh and I don't know about muscle other places helping with your extra skin in the waist. I assume that skin is attached at various places and somewhat localized, otherwise wouldn't your belly button move up if your skin moved up to accommodate your shoulders?
>>
>>67869267
Thanks anon.
>>
I'm in a similar situation but I'm 6'4" and 33 (same weight). I think we both still have some fat in there too because you can pinch and jiggle the fat. Losig the last 20lbs is a real pain in the ass and you really have to drop to a low calorie limit (like 1400 a day for me). I'm committing to a six month bulk and two month cut instead because my biceps dropped below 15 inches and I don't want to acentuate loose skin before putting on more muscle.

Honestly having big arms and chest makes up for a lot too.
>>
>>67869346
Oh and plus being 1500 cal or below just makes me feel like shit after a few weeks so I'm hoping bigger muscles will increase my BMR come cutting.
>>
How much did you weigh?

I am 6' and 260 lbs. Wonder if I will get the same isues.
>>
>>67869346
Im losing arround 2 - 2,5 lbs a week, eating 1600-1800 calories.
I spend lots of calories since i swim 5x a week and lift 3x.
>>
>>67869383
In this pic >>67869130 i was weighting 200 lbs.
Right now im sitting at 190 lbs
>>
>>67869284
Well, im not sure as well but maybe the skin would just stretch? So thats why the belly button wouldnt move?
>>
>>67869471
Nice, good to hear that because that means we'll both be fine. Muscle up and all that remains are the stretchmarks, a solemn reminder of what you achieved.
>>
>>67869492
yeh it will stretch, but that means it's not using the existing excess skin from below your belly button. basically I think muscles anywhere not near the excess skin won't help. But it might shrink a bit with time and surgery can fix it, although that's obviously expensive. But might be worth it depending on how much it bothers you.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.