[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Bros who used to be skinny, what finally allowed you to put on size? I've been lifting for awhile and still skinny af - 6'3, 196lb (roughly 14%), relatively thick joints/hands compared to most people my height, but I look like a long distance runner. I think my biggest problem is being unable to eat enough, I've tried too hard to be healthy, but gaining weight on healthy food is fucking difficult. I don't care if I gain some fat. I want that OG eastbull look. What did you do prior skinny anons
>>
Eat a lot
Drink milk, constantly be snacking on nuts, make big shakes, have lots of big meals
There's not really any secret to it
>>
File: me & buddy.png (250 KB, 562x444)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>67306368
Wow, I have been doing this my entire life and I am a big fat bastard.
>>
>>67306368
Literally, as I was typing this I tought "I'm such a dumbass, I've just answered my own question. If I want it bad enough I'll literally just start downing 1L of milk at the end of every meal". Currently 800mL drank since posting.

The folly of humans
>>
>>67306421
Sometimes you just gotta say it out loud
Godspeed
>>
Raw milk has a lot more fat than whole milk. Heavy whipping cream is good too if there's no dairies nearby. I only weigh 185lbs though so who tf knows. It's really hard.
Fat people have life on easy mode and completely waste their gift. Ungrateful pieces of shit.
>>
>>67306435
Thanks fren. Have a great day
>>
>>67306671
I try to buy raw where I can. Second best is that I buy non-homogenized milk. My gf worked in chemistry for the dairy industry and there's good evidence that fractionating fat globules (homogenization) is rough on digestion. If I can't find raw or non-homogenized, I buy zero fat milk and dump in a large amount of cream, as cream is non homogenized.
>>
That's funny, I'm 6'3 and weigh only about 190 and look pretty fuckin thick and big. But then my frame isn't anything to write home about, skinny wrists etc. I don't believe that you would look like a long distance runner at that weight, you must have dysmorphia or something.
>>
Two months ago I was 125lb. Started having a protein shake every day with whole milk and am now a little over 140lb. I drink 3 or 4 gallons of milk a week.
>>
File: 3412345.jpg (105 KB, 960x960)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>67306421
>I'll literally just start downing 1L of milk at the end of every meal
>>
>>67306221
You definitely don't look like a long distance runner dude. People probably say dumb shit like that because you have longer limbs, not because you actually have a distance runner's build.
>>
>>67306221
Lots of time, lots of food.
Simple as.
>>
>>67306421
Enjoy your estrogen
>>
>>67307170
It's possible I have dysmorphia, but I really don't think so. I actually believe you when you say you look decent at the same height/weight. People often guess I'm 10kg lighter than I am, I have friends much lighter who look much thicker. Maybe I have dense muscle, or bones, I sink like a brick in water
>>
>>67307322
For instance, I have 14.25inch arms flexed. No, I don't carry all my weight on my belly, I have softly visible ab lines
>>
>>67306221
>6'3, 196lb (roughly 14%)
This is not skinny.
I started writing out at ,140 at 6'3.
>>
>>67307361
What are your waist, chest and shoulders circumferences?
>>
>>67307392
I took some measurements 2 weeks ago. I can't get shoulder circ atm (away from home, no tape measure).
42inch chest (nipple line), and I didn't measure waist but I usually wear size Large pants (34 Aus size, I'm not 100% sure if it's the same as US sizes). 25inch thigh flexed (largest point, near top)
>>
>>67307361
bro that's insane, my arms are like 16.5 inches and I'm lighter than you lmao. You definitely must have some very dense bones, I've read that can vary 10-20 pounds form person to person. That makes sense I think too because people always assume I'm heavier than 190
>>
>>67307496
What's your height/weight? I know lmao. One of my best friends has the complete opposite problem. He's 6'0, 82kg and his arms are fucking massive, at his peak he was dumbell overhead pressing 52.5kg per arm, natural.
>>
>>67307537
I'm the same guy, 6'3 and about 190, maybe slightly more now
>>
I'm 6'2" and 195lbs currently, started at 140 lbs years ago, my strategy is to make big tasty meals that I know I like (chicken curry, macaroni and beef, that sort of baby food) but add an entire lb of meat into them and eat it as fast as possible. Supplement with protein shakes and easy protein meals of reasonable size.

That being said, I don't think being builtfat on a tall skinny frame is good. I've got a thin frame, wide shoulders and narrow hips, and once I get over 15% bf my body starts shoveling fat onto my stomach and I get a nasty gut.
>>
>>67306221
Getting over my fear of eating. I got fat, cut like crazy and didn't want to get fat ever again.

Peanut butter on toast was a great addition
>>
>>67306716
>My gf worked in chemistry for the dairy industry and there's good evidence that fractionating fat globules (homogenization) is rough on digestion
Old housemate did too, and doesn't understand why anyone would drink raw milk. He was also obese.
>>
>>67306221
? Take a complete digestive enzymes supp with meals, take 10g whey a day twice daily, do pushups or some other bodyweight shit right after you get up and right before you go to bed, visualize yourself becoming huge. You can't just blindly shove food in your mouth, you need to make sure you can actually absorb it and also communicate to your subconscious what the program is

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.