[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: url(19).jpg (165 KB, 1600x1280)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
All about lifting belts.

Do you use a lifting belt? What kind and for which lifts? How much weight makes you put on the belt? When did you start wearing it? How much does the belt improve your 1RM?

Discuss.
>>
Wearing belts is cheating
>>
>steals your core gains
>>
>>66758349
>legal in all powerlifting feds, even raw feds.
>legal in weightlifting
>legal in strongman
Doesn't sound like cheating to me you dunce

>>66758370
nice bro science
>>
>>66758332
I never bothered with one. Seems like it could be helpful during OHP.
>>
Most people who use them shouldn't. If you have to ask, you're one of the people who shouldn't.
>>
>strain my back several weeks ago
>deadlift stalls out so I don't re-strain it
>finally surpass where I was where I strained it
>wear a belt doing my rows afterward out of caution
Felt great, gonna try using it on squat to make it easier on my back until I'm completely clear of any back issues.
>>
>>66758487
Yea it's worth it
Don't see any downsides to wearing one anyway
>>
>>66758332
i think it's fine to train with one but you don't get to claim the lifts, never heard a convincing reason why this wouldn't be cheating

might as well use a forklift

>>66758403
>appeal to authority fallacy
>>
>>66758332
>Do you use a lifting belt?
yes
>What kind?
pic related
>for which lifts?
big four, plus snatch-grip deadlift though i haven't done that for a while
>How much weight makes you put on the belt?
i use it for my last warmup (which is a single at 90% of my top sets) and all my top sets
>When did you start wearing it?
about four years into lifting. should have bought it much sooner.
>How much does the belt improve your 1RM?
idk
>>
>>66759821
>>
>>66758332
How much should I spend on a belt? Should I settle for a specific material?
>>
>>66760162
this
>>
>>66758332
I have no idea why these exist, what is the purpose of the belt? Seems like they're only useful once your lifting heavy, but what weight should I start wearing one? 1pl8? 2pl8? 4?
>>
File: modifit.jpg (98 KB, 1200x1200)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>66758332
>Do you use a lifting belt?
Yes
>How much weight makes you put on the belt?
Anything above the empty barbell
>When did you start wearing it?
After I failed my first squat session (~80kg)
>How much does the belt improve your 1RM?
I don't train without a belt

Pic rel is what I wear in single prong
>>
>>66760162
Not op but i haven't seen belts that cost >$40. Most of them are made from skin so I'd stick to that material. Iirc I bought mine for like $15 and I'm satisfied.
>>
>>66760212
85% or your 1rm
>>
I got umbilical hernia. Not enough for surgery and I'm not getting surgery regardless, but the belt allows me to lift anything and everything without fear of my bowels spilling on the fucking floor
>>
>>66758332
All the dyels and zoomers at my gym wear belts and fingerless gloves. The best mog is to not wear any equipment and outlift them all
>>
>>66761940
Isn't it better to let your hands get more calloused in the beginning?
>>
I stopped training with a belt after switching from powerlifting to weightlifting. Squat took a dive for a while but after building it back up, my core and squatting in general feels much stronger
>>
Any links to places to get quality belts in europe from?
>>
>>66758332
no belt. train your core properly and learn how to brace.

depending on a belt is an easy road to a hernia.
>>
>>66758332
Only belt I need is a twink's Adonis on my tongue
>>
>>66758349
>cheating
who makes the rules and what's the prize?
>>
>>66763873
https://www.a7europe.com/collections/belts-ipf-approved
https://www.sbdapparel.nl/products/powerlift-belt
https://mobilitytools.co.uk/collections/powerlifting-belts >>66760381
http://www.wahlanders.se/webbutik/katalog/index.php?cPath=22_31
Don't buy a Strength Shop belt or any other non-leather belt
>>
Belting for working/top sets will always be a more efficient use of time. Actively bracing it takes more effort than without one.

Tired faster, lifting more weight in less time with fewer reps, which is the point of 99% of all protocols.

Beltless lifts are ego lifts.
>>
>>66763955
Why not? Just broke my shitty belt during a squat session and was thinking of buying a strengthshop one as an upgrade. Is there any other lever belt option in europe for that cheap(<80eur) ?
>>
>>66758332
Yes
Just some secondhand I got for 20 euro. Use it for OHP, Squat, diddly. For accessories I use it on rows and good mornings. Only lift I don't use it on is bench
Anything more than an empty bar.
A while after I got it and tried it on a variety of lifts and understood how it's different.
Don't do heavy weight without belt, but if I tried without it right now I'd probably between 2.5% and 10% of performance
>>
Used a belt before and after I injured my lower back I analyzed what the problem is.
My core was too weak and I never braced properly. Worked on my core, dropped all the weights and started with perfect technique from zero. Now I don’t need a belt. My core and bracing are so fucking strong that they protect my spine better than the belt before.
Belt is basically the mechanism like bracing.
>>
>>66764065
The belt doesn't break in and the holes stretch out over time.
Maybe this fits your needs https://cerberus-strength.de/collections/belts/products/classic-lever-belt-10mm
>>
>>66764134
congrats on learning how to brace but you weren't using the belt correctly in the first place

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.