[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1651773548180.jpg (377 KB, 1440x1920)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
What was it? I need it. I wake up like 2 times every night. Can't sleep for more than 3 hours straight.
>>
be careful boys, this might be a thinly veiled coomer thread
>>
MILKY MILKY WARM AND TASTY!
MOMMY! MILKY! PLEASE BE HASTY!
REFRESHING DRINK FROM MOMMY'S UDDERS!
I WANT MOMMY'S AND NO OTHER'S!
GIVE IT! GIVE IT! GIVE IT NOW!
GIVE ME MILKY, LAZY SOW!
UNTIL YOU DO I'LL SCREAM I'LL SHOUT!
I'M CRY I'LL WHINE AND STOMP ABOUT!
UNTIL MY BELLY IS FULL AND HAPPY!
I REFUSE TO TAKE A NAPPY!
>>
>>66752592
no caffeine or blue light screens before bed
meditate to sleep
>>
Melatonin works, but also shrinks gonads and affects hormones, don't get reliant on it.

GABA assists with falling asleep and can improve mood during the day.

5-htp made it easier to fall back asleep, made laying in bed very comfy, but if I don't manage to sleep longer it tends to make me very edgy and easy to anger the next day.

Chamomile/magnolia/lemon balm help me get a little drowsy and relaxed before bed.

L-theanine helps reduce the affects of caffeine before sleeping (stop drinking coffee btw).

Glycine seems to make sleep deeper, more dreaming.

I'm still struggling to find the perfect combo myself. Lack of sleep sucks brother, I feel you.
>>
that filter cant hide her saggy booba tho, how old is this bitch 35?
>>
>>66752592
supplements aren't the solution to all life's problems retard
>>
>>66752756
NyQuil is
>>
>>66752592
0.25-1mg melatonin taken regularly a bit before bed, anymore of a dose will cause you to wake up prematurely due to the drop in your levels as it is broken down signaling a wakeup time. It should be illegal to sell the retarded doses they do, they are ineffective as melatonin is only a signaling hormone and the only thing that matters is its relative levels. Actually fixed my insomnia mostly after I figured this out, now I can actually sleep through the night and it's enabled me to have a real sleep schedule. If you can't find small size doses just cut the pills. There's an oldish MIT study on optimal levels of melatonin that did not disrupt sleep and it clearly shows the negative effects once you get into higher doses on actually staying asleep.
>>
>>66752592
xanax
>>
>>66752657
Yeah, anon. The struggle is real. I don't have any trouble falling asleep (I go to bed at 10 pm), but the problem is that I can't sleep 8 hours straight. I wake up every 3 hours and it takes me like 10 minutes to fall back asleep again. It's affecting my mood, my gains, my mental health.
>>
>>66752623
ITS SEXXX
SSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXX
THE SECRET INGREDIENT IS SEX!
SEX!
>>
>>66752592
Fix your gut microbio
>>
OP here, here's what I've stopped doing and what I'm still doing.

+stopped drinking liquids after 6 pm
+started meditating 5 minutes before sleeping

-still check the phone before falling asleep
>>
magnesium, disregard melatonin fags
your body makes magnesium (it is a hormone) and NEEDS magnesium to do so
mag + water before bed is magic, glycine helps as well
>>
>>66753273
woops SHIT I meant your body makes MELATONIN, which is a hormone. Most people are not truly deficient unless they have jetlag or a 3rd shift job. However, many people are deficient in magnesium so their body isn't regulating the melatonin properly. Fix the root of the issue not the symptom.
>>
>>66753291
elaborate on the magnesium, please. I have a Zinc, Magnesium, b6 and Boron supplement at home. 450 mg magnesium.
>>
>>66752592
Try Melatonin first OP, and if it doesn't work for you ask your doctor for low dose Trazodone. I take half a pill at night and I sleep better than before. Still not amazingly but I usually get 6 hours or more now instead of less.
>>
>>66752592
Coom
>>
>>66753428
you shouldn't take more than 150mg magnesium in one go, might give you diarrhea
dose that shit
>>
Drink beers until I pass out
>>
Take magnesium before bed. I’ve been taking ambien and it essentially makes me black out at bedtime.
>>
>>66753516
Ok, I checked the 450mg amount was for 3 pills (apparently it counts a serving as taking 3 pills). So should I take only one? I'm in desperate need of sleep. Also when should I take them?

>>66753501
This only helps me fall back asleep, but then I wake up in the night again.

>>66753563
Makes me wake up to take a piss.
>>
>>66752592
Is this from the fappening?
>>
>>66753636
No
>>
>>66753605
Elaborate please.
>>
bump
>>
>>66753428
other guy wasn't me, you can take way more than that but certain types make you poop more, like citrate. I take 350 mag glycinate before bed and it doesn't make me go to the bathroom at all. I'm not sure what else you want to know, just google "magnesium sleep" or something and you'll find more information.
>>
I took mirtazapin for a few years, no joke, because i thought it was sleep medication. I tapered off once I was made aware it's not and I might lose my guns. (It was excellent as sleep medication; I still have a lot left over but because I no longer have tolerance, the smallest dose of 7.5mg completely knocks me out for 12 hours of sleep and I really avoid operating motor vehicles the following day.)

I've been on melatonin since, but the real critical things that helped me were;
-realizing that laying in bed, even if awake, still regenerates the body to a non-trivial degree. I used to stay up beating myself up about being awake, but once you realize just resting in any format really helps, it becomes easier to doze off for at least a while.
-realizing that being tired is actually sort of fun. I work a low-intensity job (after searching for that kind of job practically my entire adult life) and I can allow myself to be tired every now and then. I might have one bad night out of three, but the following one is guaranteed to be better simply due to accumulated fatigue. It's also a little bit like doing downers, which is my preferred kind of drug.

Fwiw I almost never drink caffeine, rarely liquor, and have f.lux set to the highest level at night.
>>
>>66752592
Tape your mouth shut. Read Breath by James nestor, or listen to a podcast he was on
>>
>>66753972
Yeah but no muscle gains if no sleep
>>
>>66753684
>take ambien at 10PM
>watch tv for 10 minutes
>wake up at 7AM
>protein bar wrapper on my nightstand
>horny text sent at 1AM
>don’t remember anything
>8/10 quality sleep
>>
>>66753516
If magnesium is making you shit you're probably taking magnesium oxide; consider chelated magnesium, only about 10 dollars for two months worth and exponentially more bioavailable
>>
>>66752592
>that supplement that helped you with sleep.
spooning with an 6/10 woman
>>
>>66752767
do you know the most optimal time to take it? Right as you're going to bed or what? I've always been taking it like 30 mins - 1 hr before I even go to bed, to "get me in the mood"
>>
>>66752657
Magnesium, Glycine, 300mcg Melatonin. 5-htp has potential long term issues, I'm not 100% sure if oral GABA can do anything, and theanine is good a few times a week
>>
As a chronic insomniac I cycle (no addiction) between zopiclon, benzos, mirtazapine and kava.

>>66753605
Ambien is the worst sleep supplement I've ever taken. Feels worse than a night of no sleep and my stuff moved in the morning so I'm probably sleepwalking on that shit.
>>
>>66752592
1- Get hooked on benzos
2- Welcome to hell
3- Sleep like a baby
>>
>>66752592
make sure you're getting enough b12 and magnesium.

melatonin can help, but don't use it too much because it can be habit forming.
>>
>>66752592
>Magnesium
>Zinc
>GABA
>Ashwagandha
>Glycine
L-theanine is a good option but I prefer it in the morning with coffees.
With zinc long term you need copper added or get some extra copper supp. You could just get ZMA but it doesn’t have the copper and costs more. Supplementing some potassium is a good idea if you’re taking high dose magnesium too, but at a different time of day. The form for magnesium matters - bisglycinate seems to make me a bit alert no idea why, citrate or oxide or mixed forms let’s me relax for sleep. Also don’t recommend the ash long term.
Passion flower and valerian apparently ca be good too but I don’t trust if they’re estrogenic and too much herbs for the liver at once.

Having an active and fulfilled day is important, as well as not over thinking or being negative before bed or that might stay with you for when you wake up. Warm milk and honey is kinda nice too, and I’ve read it has some compound that relaxes you.
>>
>>66755513
My supplement has Zinc, magnesium (oxide and aspartate), b6 and boron. is that good?
>>
>>66752592
Vayvanse. Ever since I started taking it I've been consistently sleeping from 10pm-7am
>>
>>66755663
gaygaynse
>>
>>66752763
Nyquil, aka Doxylamine-DM-acetaminophen lowers your testosterone levels with repeated use. Also NSAIDS like Ibuprofen reduce your bodies ability to grow after working out, and opiate based medications like otc co-codamol or cough meds with codeine also lower t levels even with infrequent use. They cause hypogonadism with frequent exposure and will wreck your androgenous hormone production.

tl;dr pharmaceuticals are pretty bad for gains.
>>
bmuop
>>
>>66752592
bobs
>>
>>66752623
>thinly veiled
>>
>>66752592
magnesium, vitamin D, L-Arganine and Zinc
>>
File: 1636049423643.png (373 KB, 413x748)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>66752592
>have the same mole on the same pot
>>
>>66752767
Pretty much what i do now. Though I had already bought some 5mg gummies so I literally just nibble off a bite about an hour or so before bed and I am having good results.
>>
>>66755646
Not very bioavailable. You want zinc picolinate and magnesium threonate or glycinate
>>
>>66756987
will look into it, thanks based anonnette
>>
>>66752592
Simple as
>>
>>66752592
Alcohol, 425ml of vodka a night, consumed over 3 hour period works for me
>>
I’m addicted to tylenol pm. Can’t sleep without it. Fucking sucks.
>>
>>66757161
Diphenhydramine unironically gives you alzheimers
>>
>>66752592
mk677?
>>
Have you tried getting knocked out ? A good bonk on your bonce will put you to sleep no problems.
>>
>>66752592
heavy bag training. nothing else helped me.
>>
>>66752657
>Melatonin works, but also shrinks gonads and affects hormones, don't get reliant on it.

Source on this? I've used melatonin everyday for a few weeks now. I still get shit sleep, But I seem to get deeper sleep. I also read that it boosts hgh secretion
>>
>>66752657
I have never seen or heard that melatonin shrinks gonads. Got a link?
>>
>>66752592
>I wake up like 2 times every night. Can't sleep for more than 3 hours straight
can't believe we're 60 replies in and no one told you to get screened for sleep apnea. Please do this OP cause sleep apnea will fuck you up over time
>>
>>66752592
Fuck anyone saying women don't look good without makeup. UGLY women need makeup, while natural healthy beauties (especially whites) don't need makeup.
>inb4 she is wearing makeup virgin
No she is not. On the off chance she is wearing makeup, it is makeup to make her skin look natural (i.e as it were when she was at her peak with no wrinkles).
>>
>>66752592
Only two times a night? I feel like I wake up every 30-60 minutes some nights. I wake up constantly, and it is driving me crazy. I’m doing everything as well.
>magnesium supplement
>melatonin supplement
>weighted blanket
>pitch black dark bedroom
>reading a book before bedtime
These things barely help. I have no problem falling asleep, but I can’t stay asleep for long.
>>
File: 1652237510482.jpg (95 KB, 575x620)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Closer your fucking eyes nigger or kys
>>
leave your phone in another room
>>
>>66759615
she is literally wearing make up
>it is makeup to make her skin look natural
no it's not you utter virgin jesus christ
>>
>>66759678
Cope. I have a blond cousin who doesn't wear makeup and looks gorgeous. I know this because is a massive hippy and my other harpy cousins always push her to wear makeup for events and she never does.
>>
>>66759705
nigga I don't care about your cousin, only thing I'm saying that the girl in that pic is obviously wearing make up... why bring your cousin up?

also lmao @ your life if the only girl you've ever seen without make up was your cousin
>>
>>66759705
Post photos of cousin
>>
>>66752623
Hmm, an odd hypothesis anon. What led you to such an idea?
>>
>>66752592
Im the complete opposite, as soon as my head hits the pillow i go comatose. I sleep 9+ hrs every day and yet i still feel like ass
>>
>>66759716
The other girls I see/saw without makeup are girls I am not attracted to without makeup (yes, I only managed to date below average girls).
And nothing about OP pic makes it obvious she has makeup. She literally looks like she just woke up.
>>
>>66759451
Huberman podcast with Matt Walker has a good segment on this
>>
>>66756813
>>66759817
>Being this fucking new
Go back to plebbit
>>
>>66759970
Look whos speaking
>>
>>66752623
what makes you think that?
>>
>>66752592
i had the same problem, it turned out i had acid reflux, now that i dealt with it i sleep like a baby for 8 hours straight
>>
File: Dj90j9PX4AA0lMB.jpg (17 KB, 389x325)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
How the fuck do I deal with middle of the night insomnia? I have no problem falling asleep but I constantly wake up multiple times in the night, with trouble falling back asleep (as well as early wakenings, but those I can deal with if I can fix the middle of the night). My current stack is:
-ZMA
-Sleep Gummy (it has 3 mg melatonin, gonna try what this anon said >>66752767)

I have amazing sleep hygiene (which I feel is mostly a meme, but w/e), don't drink, exercise 5-6 days a week, and I only drink one cup of coffee early in the morning (Though I may just start cutting caffeine altogether). I was on wellbutrin (taken in the morning), but I'm cutting that shit too.

I feel like it's all mental, I constantly ruminate on sleeping and how it negatively impacts my life because I've been suffering from insomnia from 10 years now.

Currently just starting CBT-I, so we'll see how that goes, but any other tips would be welcome.
>>
>>66752592
1300mg of magnesium citrate and 800mg of L-theanine does the trick for me personally.
>>
File: 1648784541852.png (508 KB, 720x709)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>66752592
love my dear anon, you'll sleep like a baby when you're sleeping next to someone that you love
>>
>>66752592

brother, i've tried them all and there is nothing that permanently fixes your schedule like a solid routine. things you need to include, daylight, active most days, waking up some time, going to sleep same time, not eating too late, not getting up your heart rate too high before sleep. i like to go to sleep in the dark and wake up in the light. why? because if i go to sleep at 4am, the sun coming in at 7am will wake me up and i can't fall back asleep. if this is you, consider blackout curtains. you need to avoid peer pressure, people asking you to stay out, play games late, watching tv late but if you have to, wake up the same time and suck it up. you will be tired but don't wake up later, don't take long naps or even naps in general unless you are accustomed to them. it's all about consistency. if you are taking caffeine everyday it's not too bad. if you never take it and decide to chug a monster 7pm before bed, you might be fucked.

CONSISTENCY AND DISCIPLINE.
>>
File: anthony-kiedis-rhcp.jpg (283 KB, 2000x1270)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>66752653
>>
File: givapproval.jpg (10 KB, 251x201)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>66752592
>veiny booba
>>
>>66752592
magnesium. you might also be going to be too early, op. Try CBT-I
>>
>>66760586

Maybe get a therapist because at some point it is all mental. My best sleep is when I think of myself as a sunset and I'm just going to let everything go for the time until I'm back up again.

As stupid and simple as it sounds, maybe write a list of the things on your mind or what you need to take care of the following day as your agreement with yourself to let it go for the evening.

If you have caffeine in the morning you should be fine. You can look up how long it stays in your system so ideally cutting it off by 3pm (give yourself a 8 hour window or more) is best.

I prefer a fan for cool air and the white noise, a sleep mask or alternatively get those blinds that shutter entirely like a hotel room so it's pitch black isolation and preferably don't use alarms if you can, or just set it as a last minute backdrop if you really need to.

I think the issue with melatonin is building dependency on it but I've seen inconclusive anecdotes on it with people.

Obviously, no screens/electronics and just really try to figure out simple activities to wind yourself down. Maybe a nice, slow, low light skin care routine? I know people read, but that sounds counter productive if you have an active mind. I think stretching would be good too. Not like it has any science behind it, but just something beneficial for yourself to relax and let go.
>>
>>66752592
Waking up during sleep is normal you fucking retard.
>>
>>66752592
magnesium bisglycinate
zinc bisglycinate
GABA
1 hour before sleep on an empty stomache
>>
File: proxy-image[7].jpg (40 KB, 600x631)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>66752653
>>
File: 61.jpg (47 KB, 828x827)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>66752592
Those hop teas with chamomile are pretty good
>>
>>66764969
You NEED 8 hours straight sleep, otherwise muscle won't grow.
>>
>>66766200
Big if true
>>
>>66753273
Same. Magnesium pils in the evening helped me getting uninterrupted deep sleep.
>>
>>66766721
nigger
>>
Here's your supplement OP. Turn off your computer, phone and TV 1 to 2 hours before you want to sleep. Reduce artificial light as much as possible, read a book, listen to quiet, relaxing music, write, draw, stretch, pat your dog. Don't use your bedroom for anything other than sleep, sex and getting dressed. So fucking easy.
>>
>>66752592
you only wake up twice? lucky bastard
>>
>>66752592
Melatonin
>>
>>66752814
Have you gotten checked for sleep apnea?
>>
>>66752592
Sex, I’m not being a memer or coomer either. Sex with my wife solved all my sleeping problems.
>>
>>66752592
This unironically changed my life. It is 25 grams of cassein, with melatonin, tryptophan, and l-theanine. I sleep great.
>>
heroin, unironically
>>
>>66752763
Also destroys your liver
>>
>>66766200
How old are you? If you’re an adult, no part of your body can grow.
>>
>>66752592
Sex
>>
>>66768042
Sex with mommy Lizzie's monster milkers.
>>
>>66768576
kek
>>
>>66757181
Well then I won’t know who shit my pants. Nah, I’m gonna kill myself by years end, end of 2023 the longest.
>>
File: 1648492780776.gif (569 KB, 510x510)
569 KB
569 KB GIF
>>66752592
Don't care boob
>>
>>66760220
How do you deal with acid reflux?
>>
>>66752592
Take a thc tincture, and savagely fuck your tomboy gf. That’s what I do and we both sleep great!
>>
>>66770074
Don’t eat after sundown, avoid rich foods, all else fails famotidine.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.