[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Bronson.jpg (120 KB, 1200x673)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Fuck lifting for aesthetics
How can I develop a thick, intimidating physique?
I'm 6'6" but I just look lanky
>>
Lift heavy and eat a fuck ton.
That simple.
>>
>>65154614
>fuck lifting for aesthetics
>how can I develop a thick, intimidating physique?
anon, i...
>>
>>65154640
You understood what I meant, retard, stop trying to pretend otherwise
>>
>>65154665
no you ape lmao, you want your body to look a certain way, you want to lift to achieve that look. that is BY DEFINITION lifting for aesthetics. just cause you don't want to look like an classic physique competitor doesn't mean otherwise.
>>
>>65154614
The guy in your picture wrote several books on it. Solitary Fitness was the first ever fitness book i bought.
>>
>>65154614
Eat alot and 5x5 push pull legs
>>
>>65154614
531 Boring But Big (BBB). Using First Set Last template from the Forever book.
>>
4 days a week
PPL + 1 day of back&shoulders

never go below 15% bodyfat if you're tall
t 6.4 orcmode manlet
>>
>>65154614
kill yourself lanklet
>>
>>65154614
Why is Dr robotnik wearing green?
>>
>>65155922
I just started this 3 weeks ago and the deadlift volume is killing my back
>>
>>65157354
I'm honestly not an expert so I hesitate to give advice. Make sure you're eating and sleeping enough.
I know in the Forever book he emphasizes that the volume matters more than the intensity, so if you have to lower the % some then that would probably be ok. Alternatively you could do another template for deadlifts only, such as boring but strong, 5x5 SSL, or 5x5 FSL, or widowmakers (all explained in the book).
>>
>>65157354
If your low back is hurting enought to make chest supported rows almost impossible. Or getting out of bed bad you should lower the weight.

One time i fucked up my back was when I had those symptoms for 2 weeks and kept lifting heavy. Had to take months off to feel better.
>>
>>65154698
>Classic physique competitor
So you did know what he meant?
>>65154614
Bench press and variations
Rack pulls and variations
Work shoulders and neck
>>
>>65154614
Dips, squats, chin ups, bench press, cheat curls, hammer curls, military presses. That's about all, just eat in surplus and do hindu push ups for cardio.
>>
>>65154614
>thick, intimidating physique?
This is also lifting for aesthetics though. In any case, get BIG and stay a level of fat that you deem acceptable. Bearmode to BLOATMAXX are all intimidating.
>>
>>65155922
Based 531chad. I never finished a BBB cycle because my conditioning is beyond trash. After my current cycle (widowmakers) I'm going to start doing BBB, working my way up from 30%
>>
>>65154614
>6'6"
you will forever look lanky unless you blast ungodly amount of gear
>>
>>65158203
Damn, Nicholas Cage really will take on any role.
>>
>>65158203
that’s not an intimidating physique. that guy would gas immediately in a fight and is likely horribly unbalance on one leg.

This is intimidating, and he doesn’t even look like he lifts
>>
>>65154708
Solitary Fitness is great
This man built IRON out of OATS.
>>
>>65158497
> Unbalance on one leg.

Nigga do you know anything about sumo wrestling though? They have got some of the strongest calves and stabilizing muscles in their fucking legs.
>>
>>65154614
>lifting for aesthetics
Not a big return on investment. Aesthetics is almost entirely face.
>>
>>65158497
It is correct that sumo is a meme when it comes to the efficacy of martial arts, but you should absolutely not take them lightly, they're as explosive as can get.
>>
>>65158560
perfect combination would be bloatmaxing starting strength and sumo training.
>>
>>65154614
I'm 6'4 and didn't look big till I hit 245.
You have a long way to go

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.