[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Deadlifting is retarded and has really high rate of injury and just fatigues the CNS so the rest of your workout is shit and i won’t do them
>>
>>65144744
>has really high rate of injury
far far far faaaaaaaaaaaar lower then bench press
>>
>>65144744
Deadlift is literally a meme outside of strong man. Yes, that includes powerlarping, which is an even bigger meme.
>>
>>65145270
>buzzword buzzword buzzword
shut up, cretin
>>
>>65144744
>fatigues the CNS
>believing the jewism of cns problems from ONE SINGLE LIFT
holy fuck, please go do as many certs as possible in fitness and learn the basics
>>
Agree, back squats and DL are meme/egolifts that will inevitably lead to injury. There are so many alternatives in current year that there is basically no reason to do them.

>b-b-BUT MUH PERFECT FORM!
Nobody can have perfect form every day, every set, every rep continually for years. The one day you break focus with 300 pounds acting directly on your spine you will go to snap city and never return. Skydiving is also “safe”, but if you skydive every day for ten years eventually something is going to go wrong and then youre fucked.

Stop egolifting now, especially if you’re young.
>>
>>65145353
>he thinks a 300lb diddly is egolifting
>>
>>65145353
>300 pounds
actual dyel thinking this is a heavy weight that can cuck a proper lifter
>Skydiving is also “safe”, but if you skydive every day for ten years eventually something is going to go wrong and then youre fucked
literal fucking beta thinking
do the lifts you enjoy and that give you the most
in other words, shut the fuck up
>>
>>65144744
Is he right?
https://youtu.be/FWizDhYjGsc
>>
>>65144764
You're an idiot.

(Total bench injuries) / (total people who practice bench) is much lower than (Total deadlift injuries) / (total people who practice deadlift)
>>
>>65144744
The real question bros, do deadlift fags deserve their permanent injuries, or is it a punishment too severe for their arrogance and ignorance?
>>
>>65145270
>>65145353
post body pls
>>
File: strongman deadlift.jpg (67 KB, 929x951)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>65145270
>literally a meme outside of strong man
>let me, an obese roid tranny, go put on my special deadlift shoes, knee sleeves, soft belt, hard belt, elbow sleeves, multiply deadlift suit and watch me strap myself to the bar, hitch, ramp and bleed out of every orifice just to move the bar 2 inches and still not lock out completely then call it a record
>>
File: received_443525464145212.jpg (207 KB, 2048x1536)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
2 months progress back

Only doing chin up and deadlift.

Cope and seethe.
>>
>>65145583
You absolutely have a point, but I still have a lot of respect for strong man as a discipline for other reasons.
>>
>>65144744
>>65145479
Yes hello, cope department?
>>
Post body
>>
Conventional deadlifts are fucking retarded, the bar height from the floor is purely arbitrary and can be awkward to reach. RDLs are much more practical.
>>
I have a hernia in one of my lower back discs, I don't want to deadlift because of that. Any recommendations on what to replace it with? most workout programs online include it.
Same for squats.
>>
>>65145514
Too severe, if the injure is indeed serious. Most deadlifters that should not be doing them are novice lifters. They should be doing deadlift variations, or lighter weights in general.
>>
>>65145771
If you can do something like walking lunges and maybe zercher good mornings with light weight then that's all you need.
>>
>>65145771
I have an L5-S1 herniation (from my time in the army, not from deadlifting) that left me unable to walk right for years. I've been deadlifting for the last 7 months and this is easily the best my back has felt since before the injury. Don't rush yourself, start with light weight and remember to keep your head and chest up during the lift. Film yourself to make sure your form is good. WAGMI.
>>
>>65144744
I do weighted back extensions. Way better, I just make sure to add another hammies exercise
>>
>>65145900
Walking lunges I have no problem with.
>zercher good mornings
This thing scares me.

>>65146167
I dont know man, I feel I should just forget about deadlifting. I like how it targets so much stuff, but overall I don't care about it enough to risk my back.

Overall, my back is a huge mess.
I want/need to strengthen it and aside form the lower back hernia I also had a surgery in my left upper back. That left me so weak I cant do a pull up. I have a noticeable strength imbalance due to it.
>>
>>65147212
If you have imbalances, do your physical therapy and get that shit corrected first. Once you get done with that, then you should be fine to deadlift. Just start very light and take it easy, listen to your body. How long ago did you herniate the disc?
>>
>>65147212
Walking lunges are going to give you perfectly decent legs. No need for anything else (except of course calf raises).
If you'd like to try something that includes a little more posterior chain (walking lunges still work it though), then try zercher squat. Again, use a weight that doesn't feel stressful. Do it for reps. Work the muscles, don't stress your joints.
Please don't force yourself to do anything too stressful, don't fall for memes. Do whatever feels right for you.
>>
>>65147238
>If you have imbalances, do your physical therapy and get that shit corrected
Already done. Imbalances are noticeable when doing upper back workouts like the pull up, my left side just cant keep up. Thats why I started doing dumbbell rows.
The hernia was detected in 2019, and in early 2020 I had already finished my therapy, but then gyms closed.

>>65147583
I used to do dumbbell RDLs and Walking lunges. Never had a problem, but I believe long term I am better just focusing on not deadlifting. Lunges are fine as squat replacement, thanks for the suggestion.

I just want to get rid of deadlifts altogether
>>
>>65147891
I have back problems too and my pull days consist of machine rows, pull-ups/chin-ups, lat pulldown (after pullups), hyperextensions, and face pulls. My back looks great and feels great too. The only trade off is more time at the gym because of more sets+reps.
>>
>>65145604
Based 2-lift anon looking good. Any reason why those 2?
>>
>>65148045
I like to keep my work out: full body, simple, highly functional using compound movements. (For full body strength and prevent injury as well as muscle imbalances )

So I have only 5 lifts everyday that cover almost muscle groups on my body: squat, deadlift, benchpress, overheadpress and chin up.

Hence chin up and deadlift for back. Additional row or face pull would be nice for upper back thickness but I dont think I have time.

As you can see, my trap is very well developed, just from the deadlifting alone.
>>
can someone pleaes post the trenbolona ace copypasta
>>
>>65148155
Cont.

Also I love simplicity and hate meme excersises.

So I pick out the best excersises and constantly progressive overload both in weight and volume.

My deadlift started out barely 70kg now I can do 100kg 2-3 reps x 15 sets in a workout session.

I am short (bad leverage for deadlift high weight) and extremely small hands (naturally weaker grips). Chin up helps with building very needed grip strength so I can advance in deadlift and its been going on extremely well.
>>
>>65148228
>hates meme excersises
>deadlifts
>>
>>65148026

Seems like a nice routine. Any recommendation for a beginner workout?
>>
>>65148228
Cont.

Chin up, outside of building strengh grip, also an excellent back compound excersise for lats and biceps.

I see chin up / pull up as essential excerise due to our natural body structure and movement evolving from apes. The movement is also extremely beneficial for shoulder joint (super important) because ive had major shoulder injuries in the past.

T. 140 iq, worked out since 2016, got ripped body from hypertrophy, stop gym for 3 years due depression and work. Just started again 2 months ago looking Dyel with no strength.
>>
>>65145353
300lb is nothing and won’t damage any spines

Come back after 500lb+
>>
>>65146179
Worst thing you can ever do for your spine retard
>>
>>65145771
bulletproofing your lower back so the muscles can compensate for the herniated disc is the best treatment
hyperextensions, good mornings and block/rack pulls
>>
>>65148256
Post your 2 month back if you claim deadlift is a meme.

I kid you not, for the amount of muscle groups worked and the ability to overload extreme weight. Deadlift should be king excersise (excluding olympic lifts)

Also Ive experienced zero back pain. Maybe minor muscle ache on lower back, but never spine or concernable pain. I do not ego lift, I lift conventional with strict movement, using weight I can realisticly handle.
>>
>>65145299
(((Certs)))
>>
>>65144744
AHHHHH FUCK I CANT WAIT TO DEADLIFT TODAY
JUST THE THOUGHT OF ADDING ONE EXTRA REP TO MY 3PL8 CONVENTIONAL DEADLIFT IS GETTING ME THROUGH MY WORK DAY TODAY
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
IM GONNA DEAAAAAAAAAAADLIFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT
>>
>>65148374
3 months. I don't deadlift.
No pump and shitty lighting.
https://litter.catbox.moe/tso287.jpg
https://litter.catbox.moe/w4irg2.jpg
>>
>>65148507
Anon my trap mog your trap hard, my pic isnt even full flex on trap.

Decent back for 3 months. But if you dont do deadlift, you miss out on the beneficial gains in also: core, glute, quad.

All in one excersise.

Also the more you lift, the more you see that time matters. Right now If I superset: bench + chin up, deadlift + overpress, squat. My gym session is already almost 3 hours.

I do 2-4 reps x 15 set on every excersise.

Once you got a job and responsibilities, time matters anon. Compound excersises are time efficient.
>>
>>65148593
Forgot to mention spinea erector.

That shit protects your spine.
>>
>>65144744
I've seen wayyyyyy more people get hurt squatting
>>
>>65145353
>You're at risk of injury
>NO DON'T GET STRONGER! THAT WON'T HELP

Liftlets get me every single time.

If you don't deadlift, you don't lift.
Simple as
>>
>>65148593
>Anon my trap mog your trap hard, my pic isnt even full flex on trap
LMAO they're virtually the same, faggot.

>you miss out on the beneficial gains in also: core, glute, quad
Squat and good morning works glutes, core, spinal erectors, quads and hamstrings much more than deadlift.

>My gym session is already almost 3 hours.
Jesus fuck. Do you only train one day a week? I don't take more than 45 minutes ffs. Tops.
>>
What about kettle ball swings?
>>
>>65148679
>>NO DON'T GET STRONGER! THAT WON'T HELP
>hit yourself in the head with a hammer every day, bro. Hit it harder every time. That's how you develop an unbreakable skull, man!!
The results for your IQ test came back negative, anon.
Also Ronnie Coleman called, he sends his regards.
>To date, Coleman's had 13 surgeries on his spine and was almost paralyzed due to all the screws, cages, and bolts put in him. Although he's able to move with some assistance, he's lost most of his mobility. “All the hardware kind of interferes with the nerves,” he said.
>>
I got bulging disk from DL. Haven't lifted in 4 months since
>>
File: 1636496947059.png (1.7 MB, 1878x1187)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>65144744
>dyel thread
deadlifts build tendon strength for athletes who aren't nogainz dyel lift twinks/trannies. this board is off the chain.

just because Joe bogan had some fuckin mutant come on and say it doesn't make it true.
>>
>>65149146
>deadlifts build tendon strength
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>65148877
>they are virtually the same
Pic just taken in the middle of the night no pump

>faggot
I respectfully address you "anon" and you sperged out "faggot". What are you, insecure?

>do i train 1 day a week

No. I train 7 days a week, no rest day. Matter of fact after 2 months (60 days) i only took 1 day off due to back -neck bullshit pain from OHP.

>45 minutes
He fell for the "stress hormone 30-45 minute" meme.
>>
I do hex bar dl’s. They feel way better
>>
>>65148374
nice GYNO lmao
>>
>>65149205
You are literally 1 step beyond DYEL
stop posting your twink feminine body its so slender and petite its turning me on.
>>
I enjoy doing them. It feels really good to deadlift. It's my favorite lift.
>>
>>65148507
Fucking ick dude lmao.
>>
>>65149205
>pic
Different angles, dipshit. Compare it with the picture you posted earlier ffs.

>I train 7 days a week, no rest day
>3hs a day, 7 days a week
Wew lad

>He fell for the "stress hormone 30-45 minute" meme.
I don't even know what that is. I just have a good split.
>>
>>65145353
>watch out for mega-scary-big-nazi 300+ diddlys
>that's why i only drink s o y and keep my lifts bodyweight (98lbs) or less
>>
File: 1636496176244.gif (2.09 MB, 320x240)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB GIF
>>65149191
prove me wrong basement neet.

multipitch climber here, lifting is my second sport. I never get tendon injuries climbing around 5.12c~.

cope and seethe, or continue shitposting, idgaf
>>
Deadlift isn’t worth doing unless you want to be a power lifter or you care about your strength numbers, that’s literally it

It’s not a meme exercise, it’s just depends on justification, there’s pretty of other exercises that shape your body

If you want to shape your body there are definitely better exercises than the deadlift, if you want to push through strength then deadlift just be careful and don’t fuck your back up

Same thing goes for squats or even bench press, these types of lifts are compound exercises for a reason, you don’t NEED to do them to build a good physique, but they help you gain strength which is turn helps you move more weight for isolation and therefore you can hone it on certain parts better

They are strength exercises, do you guys agree with my post here or no, and tell my why
>>
>>65149230
>1 step beyond dyel

Good. Because thats what I am, literally 2 months in.

>>65149260
More with the angry and empty insults. Mature up.

>good split
He thinks good "programs" and "splits" can make up for raw volume...

Anon I..
>>
>>65148507
>>65148877
>>65149205
Are these two literal 90-day DYELs arguing with each other about training routines? Shut the fuck up and listen to others nobody cares about the routine you have been doing since Halloween.
>>
>>65149310
>I never get tendon injuries climbing around 5.12c~.
Lmao what the fuck does that have to do with deadlifts ffs
>>
>>65149319
>unless you want to be a power lifter or you care about your strength numbers
Ask Ronnie Coleman how many plates he used to deadlift
>>
>>65149340
The only thing Im saying is that deadlifts are a fucking meme.
And didnt Robert Oberst say people shouldnt deadlift? Are you going to call Robert Oberst a dyel?
>>
>>65149370
But bro, Ronnie Coleman was on steroids lmao, he had an insane drug stack, so obviously doing deadlifting would sculpt his physique

And no offense, but the Mr. Olympia aren’t aesthetic, and that’s just my opinion, they look like giant meatballs and a lot of is due to the insane drug stacks and long hours they put into the gym, I know at the time that’s the physique, but classic physique is much nicer and the best part is you don’t need to worry about whether or not to take drugs for it because either way you will develop a nice body, so if you wanna roid of a classic physique go for it, if you wanna stay natty then go for it you’ll still look handsome
>>
>>65149406
>x said not to do this!!!
>1 person opinion is objective truth

Imagine if olympic weightlifters follow the same advice.
>>
>>65149466
Proof deadlift shills are fucking retards.
I mentioned Ronnie Coleman because he's in a fucking wheelchair now thanks to heavy deadlifts.

>>65149534
1. I've never seen oly lifters deadlift.
2. Lu Xiaojun said he doesn't bench press (another "big" lift that gets shilled nonstop).
3. Olympic weightlifters use wraps on their knees. Lu Xiaojun is always seen with ice on his knees during training/warmup. What does that tell you about the type of training they do? Do you think they'd advise regular people to lift the way they do?
>why do they do it though
Because they have to. It comes with trying to set world records and gain gold medals.
>>
>>65149534
>gain gold medals
*win gold medals
>>
>>65149647
>ive never seen oly lifter deadlift

Well you see now, https://youtu.be/eiG_9rQhXGk

> ronie coleman wheelchair

Everything in moderation. If you push everything to the limits, ive seen my friend broke his bone in a goofy wrestling match.

> ice on knee
Well theyre literally professionals that holds WORLD RECORD training at such intensity is very demanding on body and joints, who would have thought?

You are a dyel dabbling in topics you dont understand
>>
>>65149725
Yep. Oly lifters deadlift. My bad.

>Everything in moderation
Anons ITT are arguing for heavy deadlifts to build strength and a healthy body. Well, I give you two examples of extremely strong lifters. One who ended up in a wheelchair, and one who actively discourages people from deadlifting.

>theyre literally professionals that holds WORLD RECORD training at such intensity
That is literally what I am saying. Regular people shouldnt do shit that out people on wheelchairs or breaks knees.
>>
>>65149647
>stack a bunch of steroids
>burn body to absolute limit in a fire of will and chemistry for seven years
"it was just the deadlifts bro"
k
people pick shit up off the ground all their lives, that's a deadlift. it's one of the most useful, applicable lifts to the human experience
fuck off
>>
>>65148507
not reading context
looks like an average sedentary office worker
>>
>>65149810
Well atleast my opinion, as ive stated earlier in the thread, is for deadlift but strict form, moderation and no-never-egolifting.

Is helpful that way, and harmful for powershitter / dyel wannabes trying to lift more than their joints and bones can actually handle. Hence the injuries.

Deadlift is a great compound excersise, but how you approach it matters.
>>
>>65149205
both these look dyel
cringe
>>
>>65149927
Post body tranny
>>
>>65149840
>it was just the deadlifts bro
He had 13 fucking surgeries on his motherfucking spine, anon.

>people pick shit up off the ground all their lives
I've worked in construction. Do you know what's the heaviest thing people pick up from the ground multiple times a day every day? 50kgs bags of cement. That's it. 50kgs. You don't see mutherfuckers lifting two bags at once, and those guys have backs like a fucking shield. They're fat, they look like bears and they've been doing that shit for decades.

Im not arguing against working hamstrings, glutes and erectors, among other things, Im arguing against a meme. By all means do whatever you want, but I dont think it's right to recommend something that no less than a professional strong man discourages people from doing.
>>
>>65144744
If youre not exclusively doing isolation exercises youre not going to make it im sorry
>>
>>65149647
Dude how am I a shill, Ronnie Coleman is in a fucking wheelchair cause he did steroids and deadlifted EXTREMELY HEAVY

If you deadlift like a normal fucking human being you’ll grow your strength and a little aesthetics naturally and more organically

God you’re such a fucking retard, you act like the reason he’s in a wheelchair is because of the exercise itself and not the weights he’s stacking on it and the drug usage only allowed him to push through more, you literally said it yourself he was deadlifting 5 plates on both sides fuck retard
>>
>>65150235
Deadlifts in this thread, board and generally everywhere are all about lifting heavy.
If you're going to deadlift for reps, then you'd be way better off doing good mornings or romanian deadlifts. Same movement except more ROM and better muscular development.
>>
>>65144744
i tried deadlifts once. first time i ever did them i managed to do 405lbs for 3 reps. didnt get any pump from doing them except a painful one in my lower back which i think mine are already too tight. decided that deadlifts are best left to the powerlifters and autists on that day.
>>
>>65144744
>Deadlifting is retarded
No.
>has really high rate of injury
Only of you are retarded, which may explain why you don't like them.
>fatigues the CNS so the rest of your workout is shit
Git gud scrub
>i won’t do them
Oh no, think of the loss to humanity as a result.
>>
>>65149340
One of them has an exceptional back for 2 months and already understands how moving a few hundred lbs with it can develop it greatly. Post back or fuck off.
>>
>>65150529
>One of them has an exceptional back for 2 months
T O P
K E K

and they're literally no different
>>
Ronnie is in a wheelchair because of deadlifts. 100% purely the lift's fault. Not the extremely heavy weight that 99.9% of gym goers can even dream of lifting, not the years of steroid use coupled with lifting bigly, not any other lift, not even him getting injured then continuing to lift heavy while injured, the fault lies solely on the deadlift.
>>
>>65150980
See >>65150331
>>
>>65150331
Ok fair, too be honest OPs originally was shit talking deadlifts but didn’t even specify whether he was shit talking deadlifting for aesthetics or strength, fucking troll

If you’re deadlifting for aesthetics you’re retarded

If you’re deadlifting for numbers and strength then you’re not retarded

So at the end of the day it depends on what your goals are so I don’t even understand what people in this thread are arguing about, it’s like we’re standing in a room with our dicks out measuring each other
>>
>>65150235
He first herniated a disc while squatting heavy for high reps, not deadlifting
>>
>>65149406
>And didnt Robert Oberst say people shouldnt deadlift
Robert abouttOberst is a fat roidtranny who trains like shit and has wasted most of his 'career' picking low hanging fruit competitions and coping.
I'd listen to pretty much any other strongman over him.
>>
>>65151369
>roidtranny
So you have a poor response to roids?
Just choose better parents.
>>
>>65144744
Do RDLs instead of conventional. Lower weight, easier form, less risk of injury and less CNS exhaustion. Also an arguably better exercise for the anterior chain
>>
File: 1353222533575.jpg (202 KB, 960x717)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>but you could get hurt!
The most dyel statement possible. Hang around for a while and you will see people getting hurt doing virtually every lift. Might as well give up working out entirely unless you want to to restrict yourself to like... resistance bands and meme calisthenics.
>>
>>65144744
Accurate, but you sound like a massive faggot
>>
- Proper close grip overhand barbell row for 6-8 reps with a nice hip hinge
- Slooow romanian deadlifts in the 8-12 rep range
- Hyperextensions with a 20 plate (proper form, no overextending). AMRAP.

There, now you don't need to deadlift at all. Save your back. And if you hurt yourself rowing you are retarded. Learn how to brace.
>>
>>65151244
You will never lift Ronnie levels of heavy so I think you'll be fine. And it's not just about the heaviness. It's also about giving yourself enough rest, not lifting with injuries, and how much you are abusing the steroids.
I don't know why people point at Ronnie when you can find a million more people who flew first class to snapcity with babby weight. It is not only about the weight. Not to mention all the morons who pass out and go head first into the floor, wall, or equipment.
>>
>>65151730
>implying no one has broke a nose with a resistance band
>>
File: 20210715_002430.jpg (229 KB, 491x871)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>65149205
Pic of me
Pretty much never deadlifted
>>
>>65144744
Stop posting low-tier bait and go talk to a girl IRL
>>
File: troy-brendan-gleeson.gif (3.34 MB, 400x206)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB GIF
>>65145353
>Nobody can have perfect form every day, every set, every rep continually for years. The one day you break focus with 300 pounds
top fucking kek, that's like saying you shouldn't do pushups because you'll cave in and hurt your back, you absolute fagoot. 300 lbs is what I use when I do low weight high-wolume workouts 4*10, and is light enough for overhand
>dyel who can't pull your squat giving you lessons
welcome to /fit/
>>
>>65145353
I encourage every poster to do deadlifts just because I want them to fuck their backs up, but everyone else seems in on it too so it doesn't take much, the hive mind on here is incredible
Mostly I believe its first year lifters that just join the crowd even though they Diddy less than 225
>>
>>65148374
>the ability to overload extreme weight
lel, imagine thinking just overloading weight is the best idea you really need the simplicity for your iq
>>
>>65144744
>and just fatigues the CNS so the rest of your workout is shit
that's why you do it at the end you fucking cretin
>>
>>65145479
Prove it anon
>>
>>65149647
>I mentioned Ronnie Coleman because he's in a fucking wheelchair now thanks to heavy deadlifts.
You're a fucking idiot. Coleman injured his back squatting.
>>
>>65144744
BASED AND TRUTHPILLED
>>
>>65145604
DYEL AS FUCK . If you think that looks good you're purely delusional
>>
>>65149647
No, ronnie fucked his back because of squats and then he went back to working out because he was addicted and didn't let it heal.
>>
>>65150464
Your grammar is egregious at best. Spewing absolute drivel. Do some fucking work.
>>
File: IMG_20220109_214622.jpg (2.09 MB, 3079x2941)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>65148026

Yep, just lat pulldowns and machine rows for me. I think people give the deadlift too much credit regarding development of the back
>>
>>65153656
I can tell, you look like a fucking paraplegic with that weak spine
>>
conv deadlift you're probably right, but RDLs and rack pulls (bodybuilder style, Meadows has a great video about them) should absolutely be part of any routine.
>>
>>65156608
you don’t look big you just don’t eat enough. This is like posting a 6 pack and saying you’re jacked
>>
>>65145604
How many sets are you doing? You must be in and out of the gym in like 20 minutes ???
>>
>>65144744
Real chads do farmer's walk
>>
>>65156501
Pretentious little faggot. Go lift
>>
>>65148374
>clean and jerk works even more
whoa
>>
really any movement that overloads the spine is very damaging to the body. This includes high load squats and deadlifts / hip thrusts.

You're better off doing unilateral work which will effectively 'double' the weight you have on you so you don't have to load such extreme weights on your back to stimulate muscle growth.
>>
They are fatiguing and if you don't recover properly you can get injured.
But you can just do them once a week.
Squats will increase your deadlift anyway so just do those a lot.
>>
>>65149112
>no arguments
nice concession, retard.
>>
>>65150028
you don't have arguments, you're just beating some strawmen and jerking off, scared of fucking deadlifts of all things.
>>
Please tell me more about how deadlifting 80kg is going to break my back. Lmaoing at your live
>>
>>65157180
I'm the faggot? Learn to spell before antagonizing others. You probably wear the sticker "Don't tread on me" on your rear bumper.
>>
The retardedness is strong in this thread
>>
>>65145372
>>65145378
>>65145541
>>65148322
>>65148679
>>65149261
>>65154798

Look no further than these absolutely triggered replies to know that MUH HECKIN DIDDLERINOS are nothing more than a literal meme. The only people I see in my gym still doing le epic diddlys are women and fat retards. I haven't DLed since 2018 and I'll never look back. Enjoy your forever back pain by the time you're thirty
>>
>>65144744
I agree they make your workouts shit
>>
>>65158562
It's saturday morning in the US and Saturday afternoon in Europe. It's peak retard hours.
>>
>>65158746
No body post then huh?
>>
>>65156608
You have a great back anon but deadlifts would work your traps and erector spinae more and you are lacking. Even if you don't like deadlifting you should probably do some kind of lifts to hit those areas.
>>
>>65157160
Farmers walk is legit but kind of a different thing entirely
>>
>>65158810
I challenge deadliftards to stop deadlifting for 2 months. Keep working legs and doing pulling exercises for back, etc. But no deadlift. Then post body after the 2 months. Id bet anything they'd lose no gains whatsoever.
>>
I think the problem with deadlifts isn't the lift itself. The problem is people doing deadlift and neglecting everything else except the other big compound lifts. How much time are most deadlifters spending doing curls? A motherfucker will pull 600 lbs but have dyel arms.
>>
>>65145270
unbelievably based
I wish COVID really were a little deadlier so it could wipe out the 80-IQ fatass powershitters on this board
>>
>>65145771
Also a herniated disc bro and I DL just fine. Probably the best exercise for strengthening the muscles needed to prevent the injury from getting worse
>>
>>65159033
>Probably the best exercise for strengthening the muscles needed to prevent the injury from getting worse
I can see why you DL. why don't you just walk into the gym with a walking stick too, you boring fitness killjoy
>>
>>65159033
>Probably the best exercise for strengthening the muscles needed to prevent the injury from getting worse
If you would've said sumo deadlift for reps, I've would've agreed.
>>
>>65148335
Stupid faggot lmao
>>
So what exercises work the same muscles efficiently? And do they work as well compared to the time put in?
>>
>>65157227
>You're better off doing unilateral work which will effectively 'double' the weight you have on you so you don't have to load such extreme weights on your back to stimulate muscle growth.
dyel noob with back injuries here collecting info for future (p)rehab work, what kind of exercises would those be?
>>
File: SAVE_20220115_125610.jpg (201 KB, 1280x720)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>65145270
>>
>>65159669
I really hope you're not suggesting Ronnie achieved what he achieved thanks to deadlifts.
Dorian Yates did romanian deadlifts. See, the issue isn't exactly the exercise itself, but how it is done. Heavy deadlifts will fuck you up, and the general advise is to do heavy deadlifts.
>>
>>65145353
300lbs kek ask me how i know youre a dyel
>>
>>65159657
Deadlifts
>>
>>65157152

Post your body dyel
>>
>>65148507
skinnyfat backlet chinlet dyel
>>
>>65159646
Kettlebell Swings for Deadlifts.
If you dont feel like using kettlebells, a combination of Hyperextensions and hip thrusts all work as well.
Sumo Deadlifts apparently is easier on the back as well.

Deadlifts have the benefit they condense a series of movements into a single exercise, so you save a lot of time.

Squats can be replaced with lunges.
>>
>>65160999
>chinlet
>massive fucking square chin protruding the fuck out
you need glasses m8
>>
>>65159646
Zercher squat with legs at shoulder width and feet at close to 45°.
Basically this:
https://files.catbox.moe/c9smof.jpg
https://files.catbox.moe/p9lkxb.jpeg
https://files.catbox.moe/bnj0wv.jpg

Form is absolutely everything, though. Start with a weight you can perform clean reps with. I can almost guarantee you'll never want any other lower body and posterior chain exercise after you fall in love with this baby. At least that's what happened to me.
>>
I just rep out 3 plate diddlies a couple times a week to keep myself limber. Same with 2 plate squats.
>>
>>65144744
I've "thrown out" my back probably 3 times in 8 years of deadlifting, but nothing long term. Conversely, Some combo of bench/overhead press has left my shoulder with an injury that has been long term and also very difficult to fix
>>
>>65149205
>all these copers with zero body pics
keep it up bro, fuck the haters
>>
>>65161290
You are saying zercher squats replace deadlifts?
>>
>>65157152
idk what you mean he can mog most normies and fatties, it's true that deadlifts would help him like the other anon said. Perfecting deadlift form takes time but it's worth it I enjoy doing them a lot.
>>
>>65164774
Yes.
>>
>>65145353
What are some safe alternatives?
>>
>>65144744
Based. Kettlebell swings are objectively better as a posterior chain exercise.
Deadlifting is the best for one thing: increasing deadlift numbers.
And overloading deadlifts with so much weight to try and get back/glute/leg gains is plain inefficient when you could do so much more volume and an actual ROM instead of isometric hold, for all those muscle groups, with the same systemic fatigue.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.