[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1575519569565.jpg (78 KB, 904x735)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Fell for the therapy meme. She just sat there with a blank face while I explained my failings and details of my pathetic life in hopes she would be able to help me.
At the end, her expert advice was "just be more outgoing, have fun with your friends and have exciting and fun experiences. This will make your depression go away".
So I basicly just paid a stacy to listen to me berate myself for half an hour and to give me "just be urself bro" tier most normie advice.
Also mental health general thread so jany doesn't delete it.
>>
therapy made me more jaded and closed off from ppl it was probably a mistake in my formative years to go to therapy even once lmao
>>
>>65142614
sounds like a shitty therapist, there are good ones but just like any occupations plenty of duds. or you could be like me and avoid it after a few bad experiences and just live life feeling like shit all the time
>>
File: 87b8b9ykrfa81.png (804 KB, 780x1100)
804 KB
804 KB PNG
>>65142614
Yeah no, if you go to therapy over general malaise they're not really gonna help, change is internally motivated, if anything it's probably telling to you to find your own ways towards a better mental state other than relying on some bottom barrel bint to tell you what you already know.
>>
>>65142614
>just be more outgoing, have fun with your friends and have exciting and fun experiences. This will make your depression go away
So do that, you've got nothing to lose
>>
>>65142614
Sounds like good advice.
>>
>>65142625
yeah. After I got out of there I felt sick all the way to home and couldnt eat or sleep. Just reliving all those shit memories and listening to yourself saying outloud all the shit you had in your head for years to a complete stranger who you know has a much greater life than you and could absolutly not relate to you one bit.
And this is suppose to help people?
>>
>>65142614
Lmfao what she meant by that was that you're a whiny little bitch with no real problems and you should stop wasting her time
>>
>>65142614
You cannot make blanket statements with one experience. Most therapist will be lazy jackoffs because they saw it as an easy job. You have to find the one that "feels" like they understand you. If you don't get that after the first visit, then that therapist isn't for you. If you don't like therapy try listening to psychologist like Jordan Peterson, and see how that relates to your life
>>
>>65142614
Therapy and talking about your feelings is a fucking meme. It does nothing to fix your problems.
>>
>>65142672
>field invented by foids and popularised by a paedo incestuous kike
>based on foid thought processes
I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. Women just want to talk about their feels and feel better after it. Men are well aware this does literally nothing to solve the fundamental issues.
>>
>>65142634
this

>op pays for professional advice
>doesn't want to take the advice
>comes here to have his decision validated and get his head pats and tummy rubs
Fuck Off
>>
File: 1477871714661.jpg (35 KB, 351x351)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
This thread summed up

>OP is a dirty disgusting anti social neet who does nothing but shit post on an indian locksmithing forum.
>Therapist tells him to stop being a faggot and be social and actually do stuff
>OP's peanut sized brain short-circuits over the thought of leaving his cum painted cave.

Stop being a faggot. People give normie tier advice like bee yourself because it really is that simple, all you depressed fags just don't have the two CC's of willpower to actually get out of your bed and do stuff.
>>
>>65142683
Yep, also why women get pissed when they bitch to you about their problems and you give them actual advice on how they can fix them for good.
>>
>>65142614
>pay some kike broad to vent about life
you're an idiot and you deserve all the shit advice she gives you. therapy is a meme perpetuated by women because they just want another thing to nag about. go lift, converse with your bros, and get right with God if you want to fix your life.
>>
>>65142732
>get right with God
Amen brother.
Praise Him!
>>
>>65142711
I really don't understand that shit. Why would you complain to me about your problems if you don't want to fix them? I'm starting to think that women might be retarded. It's like they want to be miserable. And not only do they seem to want to be miserable, they want you to share their misery.
>>
File: 1430526862040.png (506 KB, 600x848)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>65142614
lel this is exactly what i expect therapy would be like
>>65142632
have a pic
>>
File: napoleon.jpg (72 KB, 617x792)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>65142752
Women just want to vent about their problems they don't want any advice or help on actually fixing them. It's why they shill therapy so much.
>>
>>65142752
It's guaranteed that for part of the month at least they're going to be miserable, so for women unhappiness is an inevitably
>>
>>65142711
>women get pissed when they bitch to you about their problems and you give them actual advice on how they can fix them for good.
But that's exactly what the op did, that's the whole point of his thread
>>
>>65142614
Sorry bro. Should've asked her how and said you don't even know where or how to start. Would've probably gotten at least a decent answer.
>>
File: 3.jpg (50 KB, 640x640)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
the only thing therapy is good for is to vent or to get an outsiders perspective on your thoughts so you can develop more self-awareness because that's the only thing you can't do alone but you have to be specific with the questions you ask them about your situation otherwise they give you generic advice and some of them don't want to hurt your feelings so you also need to tell them to be honest. Most of them will never tell you something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms6RooKVw6A
Anyone can read about psychology and the neuroscience of it downloading books if they are internet savvy, /lit/ is 1 click away.
Btw Freud said that people project the father figure onto the therapist/psychologist so you can't never fix your problems with a female therapist because they don't care about your (male) problems. No man should ever see a woman for therapy.
>>
It takes some time for any therapist to figure you out.
It is like expecting dental braces to give you a perfect smile after a week. It aint gonna happen chief.

You also have to figure out what kind of therapist is good, and is good for you.

You will know when they stop you mid sentence, and carefully say something that allows you to understand your deep, inconscious motivations of everything you do.

Happened to me just yesterday, she stopped me as I was talking, told me a thing that broke me down into tears.

Also, with any therapist, if you truly wanna get your money's worth, you have to trust them. If you don't, you are just wasting your money away.
>>
>>65142614
Nigger, happiness is literally that easy.
You’re at fault for failing at something so simple. You got mad by this advice because it reminds you how you’ve sinned in achieving something so easy and this hurts your pride.
The only reason you’re not happy is because you’re too prideful to admit you have an easy problem to solve.
You’re just under prelest.
>>
>>65142614
This is a bad therapist. What were her credentials? Was she a full licensed psychologist or psychiatrist? Or just a social worker?
>>
>>65142701
There's a lot that goes into socializing. Sacrifices have to be made. "You're a little smarter than me so I'll laugh at your brainy joke in front of others to establish this hierarchy" etc, and most people find enjoyment in playing these games to the point where it becomes 2nd nature, whereas others feel choked by this invisible entity that dictates how they are to interact with other people

Digging deeper into the nest of social status isn't the ultimate way to engage with the world for everyone but as for engagement as a whole, I do agree that you need to get your ass out of bed and simply do things. Once you make up your mind about getting out of bed every morning and work for something, you'll eventually start finding some confidence. If whatever goal you then set includes heavy socialization, you'd likely find it easier to figure out. Just gotta start at the right end.
>>
>>65142614
The therapist isn’t really there to “give advice”. Ultimately psychoanalysis is about identifying underlying patterns and messages you send yourself that are linked to your childhood/relationship with your parents that keep you in a loop of negative behavior. It takes a long time to achieve that though so most people just say it’s bullshit, quit, and pass their dysfunction onto the next generation.
>>
>>65142973
I used to think this way. But once you learn to bee yourself and dominate socially noone can stand in your way especially vain faggots and shallow scummy losers. Its called a backbone, principles, and personality.
>>
>>65142691
1/10 bait
>>
>>65142657
This. His mistake was going to a female therapist. A man would have given him the truth.
>>
>>65142614
>"just be more outgoing, have fun with your friends and have exciting and fun experiences. This will make your depression go away"
be honest, is she wrong?
>>
>>65142752
They want to be cooed over and felt sorry for. What they hear when you say "ok, so do this" after they explain some problem to you is something like "I don't want to have to listen to you bitching, here's how I think I can get out of having to next time". The reaction they want is what you would do for a crying baby.
>>
>65142761
Exactly right, you don't even have to listen to them when they're venting, just pretend that you're listening (don't try too hard) and they'll thank you when they're done.

In this situation, they don't want someone to actually listen, they just want to talk to a person (i.e. they don't want to have a conversation).

It's just a part of female nature you got to deal with
>>
>>65142761
>>65143258
My bad.
>>
>>65142614
>be 13
>mom is super into therapy, thinks I’m a retard autist sperg so she sends me to therapy too
>my mom lets me bring toys so I can play while I talk, naturally I bring an entire bin of bionicles
>an hour and a half a day four days a week I talk to this grown man about bionicles and my Bionicle fanfiction
>he’s super into it and buys bionicles to bring to sessions as well
>this continued for two years before my mom found out I wasn’t talking to the therapist about me feelings or whatever
23 now. Still play with bionicles to this day
>>
>>65142614
i heard female therapists are better if you just need someone to empathize with you and male therapists are better if you want someone to tell you how to make changes in your life
alternatively you can join the expert psychoanalysts over at >>>/r9k/MBTI
>>
>>65142614
ignore the other tards in this thread, I've been to therapy before so I'm a little more qualified to answer
firstly, always get a guy if you can, as guys better male problems.
secondly, be prepared to accept that change starts from within, and that you already know what to do (improve diet, gym, get some education done etc)

>wgmi
>>
>>65142761
>>65143348
My bad.
>>
>>65143378
My personal experience is in-line with that.
Picking the right therapist is important.
>>
>>65142614
>"just be more outgoing, have fun with your friends and have exciting and fun experiences. This will make your depression go away".
What were the actual words that she formed with her mouth?
>>
>>65142614
>She
Stopped reading
>>
File: 1612564456686.png (185 KB, 391x320)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>65142614
my exgf went to a therapist because she had a lot of self-confidence issues
after a few sessions she's been told that her problems are because of her father, and that's it
now she has someone to blame and nothing changed
women are definitely retarded
>>
>>65142614
Therapy isn't supposed to give you a solution. It's supposed to help you:
1) release pent up emotions that you may not be aware of
2) find your own solution to your problems

I had a shitty family situation going on the last 2 years. Went to therapy, helped me release all the stress I was keeping inside and also helped me see the situation from other perspectives, and what I could reasonably do to change the situation.

If you go there expecting the magical solution you'll be sorely disappointed
>>
>>65142691
Facts, frfr, no cap
>>
I liked some of Molyneaux lives taking calls from people having problems. Sometimes he would mute and berate them for 15min for taking shit decisions and blaming it on everyone else(of course that is only step 1). Making people understand their own mistakes and own them is something I just cannot imagine a modern-gaylord-state approved-therapist do.
>>
>>65143875
(continuing)
He was also great at pinning people down. When you get close to the issue some close themselves out, some lash out in irrational anger, some try to deflate with humor or subtly changing the topic, trying to tell anecdotes, etc; he was great at not letting them escape, I think that is one of the most fundamental skill for a therapist, otherwise you are just wasting everyone's times with people rambling.
>>
>>65142614
paying for advice you can intuitively guess is retarded, that said she's right and you're a fagotron
>>
>>65142614
i wouldnt have paid her.
why do retards get a shit service and then still pay?
i went to physiotherapy for back issues (£80/hr) and she rushed me away after 10 mins telling me to do stomach vacuums. i was already angry at how little time she took to go over what ive tried or what my issue is.
a month later i went back to tell her they hadnt worked and there was no change, she took 30 seconds to tell me to keep going and then asked for another £80. i told her to fuck herself and refused to pay. then over the course of 2-3 months i called or emailed from different numbers arranging appointments and never turning up.

i ended up fixing my own issues with a lot of core, adductor, glute and stretching work.
>>
I found my peace in boxing and BJJ. There's something about belonging to a group of males with a common goal.
Try this maybe, op
>>
>>65143376
>bionicles
no wonder she thought you had autism
>>
>>65142614
>go to psychologist
>tell her about stuff start sobbing
>she starts sobbing with me
but I'm also tall and good looking
>>
>>65142614
I did once, as well.
>Go to college therapy
>Explain that I’m depressed and have an anxiety disorder
>”Gee, anon. You’re all set to graduate (and etc), though. Why are you upset?”
Maybe because it isn’t about that, you dumb broad. Had a few sessions, but she refused to acknowledge or dive into my issues, probably because she wanted to diagnose me herself. Nothing worse than being dismissed after being vulnerable to someone.
>>
>>65142614
Mine just told me to "go your own unique way".
The only thing of interest was that she was really fucking surprised when I told her that I never had a girlfriend. She said something along the lines of "but you don't look subhuman enough to never have had someone interested in you".

Other than that she refused to even entertain the thought that I might have some mental issues, even though I've clearly had a tendency towards anxiety throughout my entire life.
Deeply afraid of heights? Eh, we don't have any tall buildings in the area.

I wish it wasn't so fucking hard to even find a therapist. I legit get anxiety from phone calls but it's the only way to even make contact.
>>
>>65142711
That's because when a man has a problem he seeks solution, and when a woman has a problem she needs validation.

For example:
>(man) There's that guy at my work who steals my food.
>Tell him to fuck off and not to do it again.

>(woman) There's that guy at my work who steals my food.
>Aww, he really shouldn't do this to you, what a bad man he is, you poor thing.

This exactly.
>>
>>65142614
Go to a better psychologist, preferably a man who you can trust and even admire.
>>
File: 1631918517795.jpg (33 KB, 657x527)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>65143987
>then over the course of 2-3 months i called or emailed from different numbers arranging appointments and never turning up.
>>
>>65143987
based chaotic lawful anon, chaotic lawful is the most feared type by the jews
>>
>>65142614
>Therapy
Is this some kind of 1st world bullshit?
>>
>>65142614
Peepee
>>
>>65142614
I've tried to go therapy many times for crippling social anxiety. I tell them I self medicate with alcohol because without it I cannot form social bonds or hold a conversation. All they ever give me is a fucking 'Experience Journal' to write my thoughts down in. Fucking NHS is useless.
Honestly the problem is women therapists, they can't understand the crippling loneliness men go through
>teehee if you stop self medicating you can make friends with your true personality
Fuck off, no one wants to friends with a socially awkward guy. Women can sit there drooling and people and social opportunities will still fall in their laps. I've been alone before and I'm not going to stop self medicating just so that I can lose it all again.
>>
>>65143195
She did give him the truth.
>>
File: 1483864393575.gif (1.63 MB, 360x270)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
>>65142614
>Thinking a woman can solve your problems
>>
File: therapy.jpg (214 KB, 740x747)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
Therapy is designed and made for women.
Try reading some philosophy instead.
>>
File: 1642138311096.gif (2.18 MB, 450x450)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB GIF
>>65143376
>get paid to play with bionicles with sperg children

I picked the wrong profession desu
>>
File: 600-6004850_wojak-png.png (836 KB, 1001x936)
836 KB
836 KB PNG
This thread makes me want to go to therapy just to see what the person would say. I know they can't help me, I just wonder what they'd come up with for me.

>Alright doc, here's the thing. I need to stop falling for other people. I still worry about people that aren't even in my life anymore. How do I get them out of my head and worry about only myself.
From the experiences itt I guess they'd try to steer me into a specific sob story that would fill up the session, but that's really not the issue. I've said goodbye, I've shed my tears. how do I forget about them, and more importantly HOW DO I KEEP IT FROM HAPPENING AGAIN?
>>
File: (((therapy))).png (264 KB, 744x498)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>65142614
>(((therapy)))
>>
>>65142614
You what's more fucked, that advice works. It's really hard work to become more outgoing and sociable but it does work.
>>
>>65142614
Sounds like an awful therapist. Also depression is caused by lack of moral judgement on evil. Go study philosophy, find out what good and evil is, and then you can judge the evil that has been done to you and find closure and move on to better things.
>>
File: 1642171514091.jpg (120 KB, 779x960)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Sounds like you guys have shitty therapists
>>
I cant trust a woman to be able to do anything correctly
>>
>>65142761
>the virgin "you're mother's a whore" vs the chad " my mother's a whore"
>>
>>65142701
Oversoclized faggot beta kys
>>
>>65142614
Talk therapy is useless.
If you have a friend they would be just as effective.
>>
>>65145678
Everyone is "oversocialized" compared to a basement freak like you. I bet the therapist was closest you've been to a pussy since you were born.
>>
>>65143376
based therapist
>>
>>65145760
Fuck off old ugly boomer, no one gives a single fuck on what you have to say, no one cares. So shut the fuck up, talking too much is for women or boring losers like you.
>>
>>65145806
I'm 28
>>
>>65145806
might have discovered why your life sucks anon
>>
>>65142614
You didn’t go to therapy you disgusting, pathetic worm. If you did why, would you willingly go to a woman therapist? You sound like a fucking larping loser and you will never make it.
>>
>>65142614
Check HealthyGamerGG on youtube, its kinda catered towards gamers, but most of the content is general enough, also very suitable for degenerates browsing this site. It might not be drestically different from your teraphy, but it's better and free, I listen to the videos while training and there are things that actually helped me think about bad habits and improve shit. Also, it's not a woman.
>>
>>65142614
You are a golem buddy. Just embrace the fact you are basically not sentient. Enjoy your corn syrup and Marvel movies.
>>
Therapy is good if you find the right therapist. But
1. You have to go through a few before you actually find one that cares and is helpful
2. They're there to help you help yourself. They won't help you directly with your issues and they really shouldn't or you won't learn.
That being said I had to see 3 therapists before I found mine. He hasn't been a HUGE help but he's helped me a little through tough times and has helped me sort my head out a bit.
>>
>>65145870
Kek old ugly ass man, how's your wrinkly face, nw3 hairline and dad bod going on buddy? Fucking old ass boomers, absolutely delusional.
>>
>>65145892
No one likes a man who talks too much, just stfu and stop talking. Literally no one gives a shit on what you gotta say, your just a average Joe, Nothing special about you that people MUST take interest in you and talk. I can not talk for days on end with 0 issue because I'm not a Oversocialzed faggot
>>
>>65145140
>I self medicate with alcohol
Anon, are you expecting anyone to take this retarded idea seriously? You don’t “self medicate,” you’re a fucking alcoholic.
>>
>>65142614
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FUCKING FAGGOT? GO OUTSIDE AND DON'T BE A FUCKING FAGGOT IF NOT KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>65142973
>choked by this invisible entity that dictates how they are to interact with other people
I’m so tired of this game bros. Every interaction is a complicated web of ulterior motives. I see all the nuances in each interaction so clearly it makes life hell. What is the opposite of autism? Like some people can’t understand other peoples feelings and motivations but I’m the polar opposite. Everything is connected and its too much. I don’t want to play chess every time I do anything but ignoring it all is absolutely foolish.
>>
I want to talk about how I raped women in the past. Should I get a male or female therapist?
>>
>>65146233
>female therapist
Those never work anon. Not unless you are a woman.
>>
>>65142614
Just keep switching therapists until you find a good match.
>>
>>65146233
If you're hot, young female. Make sure to explain it in detail. If you're ugly, keep it to yourself or go to jail.
>>
>>65146155

Damn you are up early jafar
>>
>>65142614
Look for a male therapist before giving up. You'd be surprised, that and CBT.

It should be no surprise to anyone that there's a ton of shitty therapists out there, spoiled rotten people with no real issues; I have two therapists that are in my family that turned me off the profession for awhile.

But that being said, there are some genuine gems out there, and good support groups. After a string of dehumanizing/politicking-coworkers jobs, working out/eating right wasn't enough. Following along with CBT and talking with someone definitely helped me break a few bad cycles in my life.

...also find a guy therapist and/ or someone old , if it's a pain then just go to a single intro session every two weeks, you'll know within the first 10m if you vibe.
>>
>>65143376
Is this the teo most based men ever existed on this planet???
>>
>>65146230
>some people can’t understand other peoples feelings and motivations

It's empathy, anon. I'm an empath too, and exactly knowing people's emotions and feelings, instantly reading body language. This, as you said, makes life and interactions much more difficult.
>>
>>65146230
Best to accept it. Play the game when it's worth it for you, don't play the game when it's not. Just remember that you also have needs/desires/ulterior motives. Getting hung up on an ideal of motive-free purity ignores everybody's needs and circumstances, and that's cringe.
>>
>>65142614
>>65142625
It's a job. There are people who are good and bad at any profession. Why are you people so retarded. Ask for a different therapist if it's not a good fit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuLfFqPFrkc
here's a good video about it
>>
>>65146182
You sure are talking a lot now.
>>
File: 1642179446200.webm (2.53 MB, 888x500)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB WEBM
>>65142614
That's because "just be usrself bro" is actually great advice. You know yourself better than anybody. Work on the shitty aspects of your life and improve yourself, stop trying to be somebody else and be optimistic at achieving your future goals while not being scared at failure.
>>
>>65146190
Yeah I didn't say I wasn't retard. I'm an alcoholic because I self-medicate, and I self-medicate because I suffer from severe anxiety. Being an alcoholic and self-medicating aren't mutually exclusive you troglodyte.
>>
>>65142614
You probably don't have a good therapist, I have one and it's one of the best things I ever did for myself. Keep looking for a good one, a good therapist is unironically lifechanging.
>>
>>65146230
Just become suicidally depressed like I was, then spiral down into thought loops, depersonalization and derealisation. Once you stop believing that this world is real, and have kept up this condition for so long that you have lost all indication of what even matters anymore, you‘ll have lost enough IQ points that following social interactions becomes impossible for your feeble mind.

>t. used to be an empath like you, then took a girl to the heart
>>
>>65142614
That would be 200$ + tip
>>
>>65143376
Based. I am still salty my big box of bionicles got given to charity or thrown out or whatever. They were my fucking bionicles dammit. I still have the lore manual
>>
File: 22-46-25-1392473260517.png (749 KB, 1110x612)
749 KB
749 KB PNG
>>65142614
I would like to believe that a therapist who takes their profession seriously would recommend that you start doing CBT, but I guess the field of psychology is full of fucking schills like anything else in this country. Having said that; what would a therapist tell me about how sometimes I get intrusive thoughts about viciously beating the fuck out of the last person I had sex with?
>>
>>65142614
what is her age range?
>>
>>65146230
Dude, you're able to articulate precisely how I feel during my interactions with groups of people, what the literal fuck
>>
>>65143165
that was not bait my man.
that advice is repeated so often because it works. reach out to your friends, go hiking, go get drunk, go to the beach.
also, if she gave him that advice after listening to him ramble for an hour, then it's clear his problems are not that bad;
>>
>>65143376
based therapist
>>
>>65146989
Offering advice from a position of callous and illusory superiority is literally the worst fucking way to get your point across, yet the world is full of people like you who seriously believe they know better.
>>
>>65147413
>you troglodyte
>admidts he is a retard
What's the point of insulting someone if you admit you're no better? At that point you're just being angry. Stop being angry at the world, anon, and at yourself. Try to be more accepting of others and you will see windows into other human beings that will open up whole worlds for you. This poor treatment of others is isolating you and making your life so much worse than it has to be. Imagine being loved, anon. Then realize sometimes you must love first in order to be loved :)
>>
>>65149400
Reading all of that will make you an expert.. in explaining why you should just buy s&p500 ETF.
>>
Therapy is gay. Unless you were raped as a kid or something you really have no business going there. It’s just a pity party where you whine about trivial issues to someone who enables more of your problems
>>
>>65149572
thanks for your input mr AI chatbot. Valuable contribution if i may say so!
>>
>>65146230
Actually you brain is just filling in those "nuances" where none exist, because your social anxiety has caused your brain to be hyperactive alarm state in social situation. You are likely seeing patterns where there are none.
>>
>>65149496
Anon, I've tried offering advice in more humble and positive ways and I get "oh how trite" or "you sound like someone who's never been through it". People will listen to advice in any form if they want to and if they don't they'll reject it in every form. I actually like hard advice delivered brutally.
>>
>>65149597
Do you only take advice that's delivered warm with a side of sugar and smiles.
>>
>>65142614
psychology is almost all jews and the field is pozzed. don't take pills and don't see any kikes or women. Especially not woman kikes.
>>
>>65149655
It's easier to convince people that way.
>>
>>65149608
You are the only person you know who appreciates brutally administered advice. You can be honest without insulting people's intelligence. Good fucking luck trying to get people to listen to you in the real world with that jadedness.
>>
>>65142614
what, did you think she would say something to magically cure you? She gave you advice that would probably help if you actually tried it and weren't a retard
>>
>>65149545
Or having a large diversified portfolio that includes precious metals, etfs, bonds, crypto, and tax lien certificates.
>>
>>65142614
If she was a stacy, was she hot?
>>
>>65149608
Nah, some people are just immune to being moved and being abusive isn't going to solve it. Ultimately it is up to them whether or not to take the advice. You can also be firm about your advice without being a prick.
>>
>>65149760
Crypto is just tulips all again. Too many problems to be anything more than store of value. And even if we get a good enough coin, it will be winner takes all bye-bye to all other shitcoins. Theoretically it might be a good part of portfolio since it does not correlate with stock market that much but honestly I think it's a bubble that will burst sooner or later. If you think you can time it..
>>
crypto is a new age pyramid scheme. hell even most of the websites are set up like pyramid schemes.
>>
File: downloadfile-1.png (342 KB, 590x417)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>65142614
Yes that's Cognitive behavioral therapy. Your fault for not researching it more.
>>
Mine told me to let things like not doing the dishes slide. Nothing bad will happen anon it's okay to relax about that. Fuck that, I don't do them they don't get done and I need to do them tomorrow. I never told her I punch myself in the head when frustrated and bite myself.
>>
>>65149844
>timing the market

do you seriously think you know better? Is this the Dunning-Kruger effect?
>>
>>65142752
Because they need to have someone care about them and acknowledge the unsolvable and not an one dimensional idiot that thinks everything is solvable with 'advice' and 'motivation'.
>>
>>65149963
women don't get it, bro.
>>
>>65142752
You can call them retarded all you want, but you were the one who gave your money to a woman who didn't listen and didn't offer any advice as to how you could fix your situation.
>>
>>65142614
I made a big post about how it's a scam that preys upon feminine people. Anyone telling you they have had a positive experience with therapy is a bitch, simple as that.

Here's all the shit that's feminine about it
>social
>encourages snowflake behavior due to the one on one, the status of having a therapist and the cute diagnosis
>costs lots of money so usually someone well off is paying for it, which means they don't need therapy
>you "deal" with your emotions by paying someone to listen to you whine about them. Bleating about your feelings is woman behavior.
>gatekept by university (feminine institution) despite the fact therapists are some of the dumbest people you'll ever meet
>entirely reliant on "trust da expert" who doesn't know you. People who become therapists will never be a good role model because they live in this little world they paid their way into.
>the solutions are never hands on (masculine knowledge is learned with a hands on approach) and instead it's just a bunch of suggestions
>nobody that goes to therapy regularly is at risk of suicide. They're all well off, young and most are female or should be female. This is the lowest bracket of suicide

Seriously, the online daddy shit is more useful than therapy. These people saying it changed their lives are feminine and justifying the money spent. Most promote handling the big three
>social
>health
>financial
If you can take of all three you shouldn't be depressed.

And just lmao at the guys thinking there are "gruff, manly" therapists. That's what I'm saying, this thread is filled with womanlike naivety.
>>
>>65142614
a bad therapist won't do anything
a good therapist will give you some tools that you can use to deal with things a little better, but still won't fix anything at it's core

actual change comes from yourself and happens slowly, just like gains
>>
>>65142614
If you're depressed stay away from "therapists" they are useless and even dangerous for men. Read Ted Kaczynski's manifesto particularly the parts about the power process and technology. Depression doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, it means you're struggling to fit in to a highly unnatural society which is a sign of high intelligence. The only answer society has for depressed people is drugs, it can never admit that modernity itself is the cause of depression.
>>
>65145312
>how do I forget about them
You like thinking about them
>HOW DO I KEEP IT FROM HAPPENING AGAIN?
You enjoy it so it will keep happening.
>>
>>65150045
Opinions like yours are most common among the working class, who ironically enough, don't have access to the healthcare that would allow them to seek treatment or therapy for a mental disorder.
>>
>>65142614
>She
first mistake
>>
>>65149597
Sorry widdle buddy. Maybe you can sit on this chair and tell me about how strangers on 4chan hurt your fee fees.
>>
>>65150100
>which is a sign of high intelligence
I member using that cope
problem is it's counterproductive once you get the balls and confidence to start fixing your shit
>>
>>65143376
Based Bionicle chad
>>
>>65142645
I sort of understand this anon, allowing a complete stranger to know your secret thoughts and struggles makes you feel horribly vulnerable and after all that they haven't fixed anything
but that's the thing, there is no quick fix, you have to put in the work, and she gave you work
now maybe it's not the right work but you never know until you try - if the advice she gave you really was that vague instead of coming up with an action plan with you it's a shit therapist though
>>
>>65149607
this is quite likely
>>
>>65149537
>admits hes a retard
I'm not going to take advice from someone with worse reading comprehension than my six year old niece
>>
>>65146230
what you're "seeing" is probably shit you make up as you are processing your reality through the lens of your psychological condition at the moment
>>
>>65147082
might start bjj69judowhatever groundwork martel art so I can wrassle the gf in more fun ways
>>
>>65142614
I went to an older lady who was terrible. She was very “nice” I believe but didn’t seem to be empathetic or a good listener. And I couldn’t have a good conversation with her (I’ve heard females are unable to authentically empathise with or understand males and male emotions) I also felt I couldn’t tell her some deeper and darker thoughts or explain things as she wasn’t listening. Told me basic shit I already knew, said I was probably a bit depressed and I’d get over it, could get me antidepressants if I needed.

Went next to a guy, we got along I think. I believe not only clinically but would have outside as well, although that would never have happened because I didn’t believe anyone could like me or want to talk to me and would find everything I said cringe. So knowing he was being paid to talk to me made me ok with actually talking to someone, if that makes sense. Anyway, he was better at listening and asked a lot more pointed questions that made me get deeper into my thoughts and feelings. I told him things I am deeply ashamed of and paranoid about. Said I have OCD mostly, of thought loops/processes, which makes sense as I’ve had OCD tells like hand washing my whole life, and anxiety, and depression just goes along with that. Brought up SSRI’s as an option but I said no I will work through things and he supported that. We both lifted so just talked about that or other experiences sometimes like his divorce and I think having a human experience like that saved me. Also gave me a lot of homework around retraining my thought loops. Ended up turning myself around in the sense I got fitter, went back to school, made some friends, doing better now 3 years later. I was pretty close to killing myself at one stage and I would never have told the lady that, but the guy helped.

You just have to shop around to find a better therapist, it’s not easy though.
>>
>>65142614
I think it's about finding the right guy. My guy I went to when I was in my adolescent years. He really helped, gave me concrete tips and the ability to love myself. I need to go back and thank him. He really helped me create a base of knowledge so I could fix myself.
>>
>>65144520
College therapy tards dont have degrees and sometimes aren't even studying in the psychology field. Went to them for help with my porn addiction and got fed bullshit advice that I now realize is the caliber of advice from someone who doesn't understand addiction at all.
>>
>>65142614
Go to talk therapy with an older male psychologist. Find one who works with veterans.
Even if you're not a veteran, alot of veteran support groups focus on topics like depression, inability to participate in society.
>>
>>65150312
this is THE perfect example of a bad vs good fit for a therapist and patient
and also why you should always start with a male therapist, and switch if even the male therapist isn't showing understanding (similar to the ol lady)
thanks anon, I'll be saving this one to show to others
>>
>>65150287
I bet your six year-old niece would have added a comma before "retard" if she's so smart.
>>
Reposting this; what would a therapist say about how I get intrusive thoughts about viciously beating the shit out of the last person I had sex with? They're so vivid, in fact, that I'm 99% certain that I'd cave her face in if we were in the same room together.
>>
>>65144740
you can still do this in a roundabout way by starting off with what they want to hear and then working in a socratic method type thing to eke out a solution. Like if they have a problem you think they should talk to their boss about "Oh that sucks, can't your boss do anything" and maybe that will get them to be like "oh I haven't talked to him about it yet..." and it plants the seed that maybe they should
>>
>>65150409
her face reminds me of the big-jowl-azn looking chick with huge knockers in high-school when we were 14yo
>>
>>65150045
>being this clueless about therapy

>social
Yes anon, normal people are social.

>diagnosis, snowflake
The point of therapy is everything but a cute diagnosis. When I told my therapist I though I might have personality disorder she told me the fucking ICD code does not matter, that was the last time diagnosis was brought up. On the contrary, the people shouting they have this and that diagnosis are the one that drop out oftherapy because they cannot deal with the issues behind the code.

>costs money
Being wealthy does not make you immune to problems, why would you even think of that hahaha..

>deal with emotions by paying someone to listen
No, you pay someone OBJECTIVE to listen and point out the mistakes and distortions in your thought process.

>gatekeeping
I don't even know what you are trying to say here.

>trust da expert
No therapist will give you answers on silver platter, it's all about finding them yourself.

>solution are never hands on
People are different, you can't just give a list of a things to do.

>no risk of suicide
Now you are just pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
>>65150435
>can't your boss do anything
>can't
might trigger the more BPD ones into reading that as "you want me to have to confront him? why is everyone expecting me to do difficult stuff when I'm down can't you see how much I'm suffering already?!?!?"
an even softer version would be to present it as more commiserating + "it's not fair, boss should do stuff", e.g.
>oh that sucks, this is totally unfair to you, boss should be taking care of such shit you know
>>
>>65150442
You should've fucked her when you had the chance.
>>
>>65145140
Here's some free advice, you need to lose the victim mentality - yeah it sucks but wallowing in your misery aint helping shit
If you're not sure how to do that google it, basically any mental issue you have you can often find some cliff notes shit to what a competent therapist would get you to do anyway.
You're also never going to get better at sober socializing if you never practice it
>>
>>65150490
was way too soi for that, tho a friend that was tall af and idk maybe had abs (great and very chill kind-hearted lad btw) turns out to have been dating her
>>
>>65142701
You're probably just as low or even lower than OP in the social hierarchy but you have developed Stockholm Syndrome for normie shit as if that made you one of them. Have some self-respect.
>>
>>65143225
How are you supposed to be more outgoing if you have no friends? Once you're an adult it's not that easy to just "go make friends, " especially if your work life takes away from free time during hours normies don't work
>>
Therapy is a meme. Know someone that’s been to over 20 since a child and they’re all shit. If you piss one off, they make shit up in their notes about you. Weed, nature, and philosophy will do more for you.
>>
>>65150511
make friends at work.
>>
>>65150502
jfc does anyone on this board actually fucking lift or am I just screaming into an echo chamber full of Magic: The Gathering dweebs? You're happy that some other dude got balls deep in some pussy you could've easily had while the opportunity was ripe? Am I reading this right?
>>
>>65145312
It really depends on the therapist
One will probably try to link all your issues to some past event
Another will probably say you form connections easily with people because of some sort of codependence or something
Another will give you homework to look back at each relationship and analyse in in ways you might not have before hoping you'll reach some insight
Or maybe they'll just tell you that feeling shit for people is human and normal or time heals all wounds
>>
>>65150409
they'd probably ask lots of questions to find out why you're so angry and then work from there
like maybe you're not angry at her specifically or maybe you can't work on techniques to talk yourself down like "don't go to jail for this worthless bitch"
>>
>>65150663
I don't have any problems keeping my under control, I just want the intrusive thoughts to stop. Definitely not going to jail over a bitch.
>>
>>65150663
meant to say *my anger*, sorry
>>
>>65143376
Exceptionally based, it honestly felt pretty good see a little kid spurg out in joy when I gave away my old bionicles to a coworkers kid.
>>
>>65150735
So do you actually want to beat the bitch? Would you feel good if you did it?
>>
>>65150805
I do and I would probably feel great, yeah. No court is going let me of the hook if I put her in the ICU, though.
>>
>>65150825
Then it sounds like anger or antisocial tendencies to me. I don't really know how a therapist would try to treat that.
>>
>>65150844
It's probably anger more than antisocial tendencies. I have friends that I do stuff with and I'm back in school.
>>
>>65150863
Why do the bitches make you angry?
>>
>>65150359
All good, I hope it helps someone else because it is easy to label it as a meme and I would have if I didn’t ask around for another option. If you aren’t well matched it won’t do anything, maybe make things worse, compared to therapy with a human connection where the therapist accepts the patient into themselves as well (no homo).
>>
>>65142614
Men should only talk to men. Women are retarded and can't relate anyway.
>>
>>65150890
It's not bitches in general, it's just one bitch in particular. She's a hoe from San Antonio. She was freshly divorced and I started fucking her after I had a nervous breakdown. I knew her ex-husband. She cheated on me after 6 months; I really should've known better, but I wasn't thinking clearly because I was in shock and denial over never being cheated on before. She was also a narcissist; no guilt about anything that went down between us.
>>
ITT
>therapy is for women and fags who just want to talk without getting anything done
also ITT
>I went to therapy and it sucks because they didn't wave a magic wand and fix everything - they told me to take responsibility for my problems
hmmmm
>>
>>65150735
what do you do when you get the thoughts, do you indulge them and enjoy fantasizing about it? do you get annoyed and try but fail to ignore them?
>>
>>65150972
I guess I misunderstood, sounded to me like you just wanted to hurt women you have sex with in general. It sounds more like you're reasonably upset at one woman in particular. Do you have to see or interact with her on a regular basis?
>>
>>65151007
I acknowledge that they're there and that I have violent anger in regard to the last person I had sex with; I don't try to ignore them or anything like that. I let them unfold as they happen and then I try to focus on the task directly at hand. On the one hand, I understand that wanting to inflict harm on another person is objectively wrong (especially someone as weak as a woman) but on the other; I don't think I'd have much guilt over beating the shit out of her. I don't know if I can honestly say that I enjoy getting intrusive thoughts about someone I was previously intimate with, but I have a hunch that the experience would be cathartic.
>>
>>65145226
Good advice actually
>>
>>65151061
No, I haven't seen her since, and I moved away.
>>
>>65151114
Would it be accurate to say that the thoughts of her are intrusive, and the wanting to beat her senseless if your own response to the thought?
>>
>>65151216
>senseless *is your own response to the thought?
>>
>>65151216
That's accurate, but I also get really vivid visions or fantasies of beating her out of nowhere sometimes.
>>
>>65151267
You can't control when intrusive thoughts happen, in fact everyone gets them to some degree. The only difference between people who get them is how they react to the thoughts. Most people think nothing of it or that they'd never act on it and move on. Other people get distressed by the thoughts for one reason or another and that is where the problem lies. They get stuck in a cycle of being upset by having the thoughts and they try to forget or push the thought out, unwittingly causing it to happen more.
The point I'm trying to get to is that you can't control having the thoughts, you can only control how you react to them. Would it be possible for you, when you think of this woman, to not think about wanting to beat her senseless, but instead think "I'm glad she's not my problem anymore." or something positive that came from leaving her?
>>
>>65151364
It's possible, but it's not my natural reaction.
>>
>>65151396
Try to consciously change how you think when you get thoughts of her. Think of something positive that came from you leaving her instead of violence and soon enough you won't have any reason to think about her.

One thing to keep in mind is that other people can't make you mad, only you can choose to make yourself mad.

That's probably what a therapist would tell you. Consciously change the way you react to thoughts of her and soon enough the thoughts will pass you by and you won't even notice. Hope it helps you.
>>
File: orc.jpg (31 KB, 237x250)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>65142614
>therapy
>She
>>
>>65146989
>Ask for a different therapist if it's not a good fit
>Ask for another random person to listen to your stories
Nah fuck therapists
>>
>>65151459
It helped enough that someone actually made an effort to listen to me, so thank you.
>>
>>65147082
okay is this porn or wtf?
if so i need SAUCE NIGGU
>>
>>65151511
No worries bro.
>>
>>65142614
lol you actually fell for it
should have listened to /fit/, we're right on everything
>>
>>65150287
>I'm not going to take advice from someone with worse reading comprehension than my six year old niece
You're just not going to take advice. You have done nothing but berate everyone ITT who's tried. It's like you are waiting for someone to say something that will activate some magic switch in your brain that will make you suddenly not feel bad all the time, but that's not how it works. It's a skill to recognize good advice and a greater skill to find it within yourself to act on it.
>>
>>65142614
Just watch healthygamergg unironically
>>
>>65142614
therapy is paying 100$/hr to yell at someone. So that you arent doing it in public.
>>
File: 1631835894811.png (614 KB, 1420x796)
614 KB
614 KB PNG
>>65142614
Take the ancient philosopher pill, Anon.
>Peak wisdom that has stood the test of time
vs
>Some hoe that did a social studies degree

These three video are more valuable that any therapist could hope to be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXzeGvJ-6VM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQe8kXsEBmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pZl0GVjns4
>>
>>65142627
>sounds like a shitty therapist
This. Any dumb bitch can pass some college courses and some exams. Lmao.
Some guy at work (total weirdo) says his daughter (his wife's daughter) wants to be a therapist. She cuts herself and has obsessive tendencies from all the other shit he explains about his home life.
>>
>>65152700
Seneca is actually the most based stoic
>>
>>65150511
Best thing you can do is join a group based on something you'd like to do. Could be sports, board games, autism awareness...anything really helps.
>>65150537
This depends on the workplace and also how similar you are relative to your coworkers. Unless there's someone you really mesh with, I think hanging with coworkers does more harm than good.
>>
>>65150511
Join an amateur basketball league or a softball league
>>
I'm probably the exact type of person who should go to therapy or should have when younger. I have accomplished literally nothing in almost 30 years of life, I'm severely, severely depressed, have severe crippling anxiety and all I have been thinking about for months is wanting to commit suicide, I'm despondent to the point of near tears about my life, I ride my bike and literally scream to myself as I ride about how much I want to die and why can't I die and how I've ruined and wasted my entire life.

I don't bother going to therapy because I know no therapist will ever be able to relate to me at all, because really, very few humans at all can relate to my life, let alone successful psychologists or therapists. Like OP, I know that all they would give me are empty platitudes, mostly based around "dude just make friends lol"

There's literally no one on Earth for people like us to talk to.
>>
>>65142614
Therapy is a total meme. You should have already figured out to be more outgoing and have exciting times with your friends. You got scammed lol
>>
>>65153900
Oh also 30 years old is way too late to go to therapy. Maybe if my parents had taken me there when I was a still miserable teenager I could have prevented my life from becoming this.
>>
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FUCKING EXPLAIN TO ME WHY APPARENTLY ALL NORMIES NOWADAYS GO TO THERAPY, ARE ON ANTI-DEPRESSANTS AND ANTI-ANXIETY MEDICATIONS. WHAT THE FUCK DO THESE PEOPLE HAVE TO BE DEPRESSED OR ANXIOUS ABOUT. WHAT THE FUCK DO THESE PEOPLE NEED THERAPY FOR. I'M LEGITIMATELY ASKING. I DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND IT. NORMAL PEOPLE WITH DECENT TO GOOD JOBS, SOCIAL LIVES, FRIENDS, FAMILY, RELATIONSHIPS, EVERYTHING IS FINE IN THEIR LIVES. WHY DO THEY ALL NEED MEDS AND THERAPY.
>>
>>65153900
Do you want to turn your life around? Deep deep inside of you, what would the best and most optimistic outcome for your life be to you?
>>
>>65153900
Why do you believe that you should die and that it's also too late to seek therapy? I don't want you to die at all; I don't believe anyone else in this thread does either
>>
>>65153934
They aren't happy 24/7 and that makes them sad.
>>
File: Relevant.jpg (1020 KB, 1080x1371)
1020 KB
1020 KB JPG
>>65153934
Read the culture of narcissism by Chris Lasch. Pic related
>>
>>65142614
every time im feeling down i think about the 12 year olds protecting their families farms from terrorists with aks and i think oh yeah my life is pretty good it boggles my mind how people have so much room to complain when they got born into the best possible scenario for a smooth life
>>
I went to a counsellor one time cause a girl accused me of rape and kinda pressured me into seeing a counsellor.
I told him the story and why I'm there, he told me she was making a big deal of it and it sounds like I learned my lesson. Then he wanted to address my issues so I unwrapped my fear of not knowing what I'd do with my life. ultimately we settled that seeking enlightenment in india would be my best course of action.
bro was based as fuck
only did one session
>>
>>65142614
Only self-help work against depression. Read books, practice spiritual enlightenment, lower your life expectancy and just be fine with whatever happens tomorrow
>>
>>65153944
I don't even know if I want to turn my life around to be honest. All I've ever known is miserable failure since I was a teenager. I literally cannot even comprehend the notion of having any sort of decent life with friends, relationship, interests, and ambitions. It is a completely foreign concept to me.

>>65153946
I believe that I should die because I provide literally no value on this planet. To myself, to friends (have none), to relationships (have never had one), to my family (I'm rightfully an embarrassment and source of shame for my parents), to a career (I have none).

It's too late to seek therapy because at 30, there is no way for me to change. My horrific personality traits were set in stone a decade ago. Maybe if I had gone into therapy as a miserable teenager, I could have stopped this in time. But going through high school, college, and all my 20s like this, I'm finished.
>>
>>65154096
Everything you're saying is symptomatic of depression, though, and if you just entertained the possibility of seeing how some your beliefs aren't even based in reality, you'd realize that you're wrong
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I am a psychiatrist. I have been for 27 years. I'm completely worn out. Year after year, listening to patients who aren't satisfied with their lives, who want to have fun, who want me to help them with that - it wears you out, I can tell you. My life isn't exactly a lot of fun either. People demand so much. That's the conclusion I've drawn after all these years. They demand to be happy, at the same time as they are egocentric, selfish, and ungenerous. Well, I would like to be honest. I would like to say that they are quite simply mean, most of them. Spending hour after hour in therapy, trying to make a mean person happy... There's no point. You can't do it. I've stopped doing it. These days, I just prescribe pills. The stronger, the better.
>>
>>65154146
Stfu faggot, you wanna vent? Seek help, bitchass. Go pay somebody to listen to your whining.
>>
>>65154146
I never even considered the ones going willy nilly with prescriptions are just tired of retards
>>
>>65142614
>just paid a stacy to listen to me
time to wank, anon
>>
>go to therapy
>read up on the DSM and remember what you learned from psychology class you took once
>lie about everything and pre-plan your answers to the questions you already know are coming so you don't get diagnosed with anything
>>
>>65142614

better check more about adlerian psychology, read picrel if you got time.
>>
>>65154043
So did you seek enlightenment in India?
>>
>>65154299
>>
>>65150480
fuck you this is legit triggering to read
>t. literally ran out the door and swerved my car out the way of her throwing herself in the path
>1.5 years of bullshit
>>
>>65153900
Gee, I knew someone JUST LIKE THAT. I constantly tried to show him encouragement and all he did was silently resent me for it until he eventually severed ties with me for making him feel alone. Not sure what he wanted from me, but I think it's a safe bet that it was HIM who was responsible for his loneliness as he refused to even make baby steps to make is life better and did nothing but resign himself to pumping countless hours into the same 2 video games and jerking off to hentai. For someone like this, the reason there's no one for them to talk to is that they make themselves completely unrelatable by withdrawing so far inward that they basically exist in their own little bubble world, utterly terrified of doing anything uncomfortable or challenging themselves in any way.

Still I can't help but sympathize, but not everyone is receptive to support or sympathy, unfortunately.
>>
>>65143376
i am screencapping this
based therapist
>>
File: teeth-whitening-min.jpg (54 KB, 449x587)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Therapy is for people that experience emotions
I recently had an episode where for a few days, it's as if my two parts of the brains were connected and I could actually understand on emotional level what's going on in the world. That made feel actual EMOTIONS and therefore understand why the fuck women are needed. It's not just for sex, it's more primal, monkey emotion that forces the tropical island birds to build complex constructions and learn dances to attract its mate
It only lasted a few days, but in that time I, on my own accord, which is the first time in probably 10 years, I went out just for a walk, not to buy something or with a destination in mind, but because walking and listening to music was producing an emotion (first hour on foot only though)
This was essentially a demo version of how normies feel and I understand now where they are coming from with "JUST b urself" and other inane advices: they actually work for them

When you feel emotions, half of your brain that usually does the logical overthinking instead is busy experiencing emotions apparently and I felt noticeably stupider in some sense when I got emotions.

I'm planning on to my doctor and have him try to figure out how can I be in this state for LONGER, because this is how normal people are living their lives
>>
Imagine needing therapy and not fixing yourself on your own.
Fags.
Psychology is pseudoscience.
>>
>>65154096
Why do you believe you can't change? How do you know this shit is "set in stone"? It sounds more like a rationalization to avoid taking responsibility or ownership of your life. If there's nothing you can do to change it, then there's nothing wrong with sitting there and indulging in what few things you can still manage to milk a few droplets of pleasure from. If everything sucks so bad, why not just work hard at something? Is it really going to be that much worse in your day to dat if you put down the time-wasting shit and, say, learned to code? I mean, why not? Wouldn't having money at least give you some opportunities to lead a more enriching life?
>>
This thread is real weak people thread.
Pathetic.
>>
>>65154530
You are the pathetic one for being unable to relate and empathize with your fellow /fit/izens.
>>
>>65154146
>These days, I just prescribe pills. The stronger, the better.
Instead of quitting your job, you poison these people so you can keep collecting a paycheck. That sounds pretty fucking mean to me. The responsible thing to do would be to find a different job or maybe try to make a living by writing a book describing your honest thoughts about the profession and the kinds of people you work with. But no, fucking up these people's brains because they're mean and you can't empathize with them is what you choose to do. Maybe they have shitty people in their lives making them that way too. Maybe you shouldn't have chosen this profession if you can't actually help them. Like what the fuck.
>>
>>65154462
>t. psycopath
>>
>>65154146
nice fan fic
>>
>>65154570
I'm not
>>
>>65154559
lol ur fucking retarded cunt 90% of the people that go to therapy dont need therapy why would you ever feel bad for them
>>65154146
up the dosage get these sad sacks off the planet a little quicker
>>
>>65154570
No, this is what a real psychopath is like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzfVtDPRzt0

Notice how she seems to feel joy, confusion, and an almost childlike curiosity. She enjoys biking, swimming, and hags out with friends and she actually derives a sense of enjoyment from that. She's not a 100% logical machine with no feelings - that's the retard's understanding of psychopathy. This anon is either larping or just has severe autism. HE's not a psychopath.
>>
>>65142701
>i can't do X
>just do X it's a valid advice
kys
>>
>>65154558
Sorry for not being fucked up weakling who can't solve his problems by himself.
>>
>>65154627
>lol ur fucking retarded cunt 90% of the people that go to therapy dont need therapy why would you ever feel bad for them
If this is your attitude, why feel bad for anyone ever? Do you only feel bad for people who you see as totally innocent and without any flaws? Maybe they don't need therapy in this sense, but all human beings seem to be broken in some major way and need the help and warmth of others to get by and become better people. Refusing to connect to them emotionally on the grounds that you think they're just biological trash or something is a sign that you're not a very happy or well-adjusted person either, because happy and good people are compassionate and warm even toward those they don't like or understand. I think you need therapy, anon.
>>
>>65154663
>calling others weak while feigning strength
This is the mark of a true coward.
>>
>>65154663
>Sorry for not being fucked up weakling who can't solve his problems by himself.
No one should have to struggle through life alone, anon. Doing it that way you MIGHT get by, but you could do a lot better with good people having your back. Looking down on humans for wanting this when we are an inherently social species is just fail. Failing the empathy test and failing to apply reason.
>>
>>65146205
and why would one put on capslock and talk about faggots i wonder
>>
>>65154679
>need the help and warmth of others to get by and become better people

Thats the problem. If you need other people to make you better you will never become better, you are just coping and crying to be hugged until you die
>>
>>65154755
These sound like the opinions of someone who had emotionally absent parents. Social connection and meaning are vital components to a worthwhile human life; if a human isn't picked up within the first week of its life, it will die; that's literally how vital connection is to the human condition. Do you think you sound cool and strong by espousing cold and apathetic opinions like this?
>>
>>65150972
That's extremely obvious. You think you're some stud that can't fathom how a woman would lose interest in you. It's a narcissistic iinjury

Or maybe you can't deal being alone but I think that's much less likely.
That'll be 200 coins thank toy
>>
>>65142614
I can smell the delusional narcissist emanating off of your very own post. Try being more altruistic, enjoy the little things, get some fresh air, and accept that you’re not perfect
>>
>>65154755
>Thats the problem. If you need other people to make you better you will never become better
This is ridiculous. You can't seriously believe that you have grown in life all on your own. To improve, one has to acknowledge their own flaws, which usually requires other people noticing them and pointing them out. Even being moved by reading inspirational quotes or looking up to someone as a hero is a function of your human sociality. Seeing the failures of others and deciding you don't want to end up in their shoes counts as being helped by someone else. What I'm saying is that you can go through life believing you are all you need, but whether other people are nice to you and hug you or not, you still need them to get by. You couldn't even be having this conversation right now if not for the work of countless millions of humans who lived, worked, and died before you. If you learn to take help from others and prioritize forming healthy and productive relationships with them based on love, you won't have to be so vein and narcissistic just to cope with your insecurities like you're doing now because those people would accept you despite said insecurities and help you address them as a team. That's where humans thrive, anon, in teams. Not alone.
>>
>>65154809
not that guy but if a baby isnt picked up for a week their brain will melt into the back of their skull of course they would die
>>
>>65154816
Are you a woman? Also, I already hashed it out with someone who was able to offer way more worthwhile advice than this garbage.
>>
>>65142614
set goals work towards them. problem? mask it with feeling good. that's not fixing the problem. accept that you fucked up. everyone does. move on. improve.
take a day, get drunk, cry. do something incredibly pathetic. then snap out of it and never do that shit again.
>>
>>65154809
Sure, you right. But who is gonna comfort these sad people who wants ''the help and warmth'' from others? Are you saying its societys fault that a stranger like you and me or therapist don't want to give these depressed fat middle age women a good dicking? Whos gonna give them what they need, if they are too far gone and dumb help themselves?
>>
>>65154869
People who believe everyone should be loved. Like Christians, for instance.
>>
>>65154853
That's a classic reaction to uncomfortable truths btw
>>
>>65154831
I didnt read your long retarded post. but WHO IS GOING TO MAKE YOU BETTER? You think a therapist can cure the lonliness of people? A therapist job is to give people advice about self-helping
>>
>>65154914
>I didnt read your long retarded post.
Okay, then we're not really having a discussion.
>>
>>65154907
Yeah, you're definitely a woman. I'm not a narcissist; I had a sense of morality before I started dating this person; I would've never cheated on her. I even had the opportunity to and I didn't. Are you gonna tell me next that my morality is somehow inextricably tied to my narcissism?
>>
>>65154921
You are talking about people who makes a move and seek inspiration to become better its different from people who want other people to make a move on them for them to become better, which is the problem we are talking about here
>>
>>65154701
Except that, I can and I am. We're not animals anymore to rely on our social instincts. But you do you.
>>65154697
>projecting
>>
>>65154997
>dilate
>>
>>65146233
Why don’t you just tell us
>>
>>65142614
solution: stop being a pussy, nigger
>>
>>65146989
>dude just rip open those scares and pay 100$ out of pocket if you dont have insurance until you find the right one
This works for white women whose issues are having a mild case of the sads. It is counter productive to people who need actual help. Talk therapy is such a fucking meme.
>>
>>65154956
You make tons of assumptions. I don't give a duck about morality. Narcissism isn't intrinsically bad. The way real psychology views those phenomena is structural - mechanistic and is as far from morality as mathematics.

You had something taken away and you rage. That's it
>>
>>65154956
>Are you gonna tell me next that my morality is somehow inextricably tied to my narcissism?
Not that anon, but that is often the case. Narcissistic people view the entire world through the context of their own self-image, basically. They might think "I don't want to leave this person because I don't want to hurt them", when the truth is that they don't want to leave this person because they don't want to be seen as a nasty or ugly person and they don't want to be made to feel guilty. Their morality is basically synthetic - they have mirrored the same language for morality that most people use (probably unwittingly), but are in fact experiencing something different. Like their "red" is not normal people's "red", if that makes sense. If that person they didn't want to leave were to instead just die suddenly in a way no one could blame on the narcissist, the narcissist might be sad that they don't have that source of self-validation anymore (the gf), but if another person moved in to fill that role they would be over the last gf like it never happened. They don't really connect with people, they just get used to that person's brand of self-validation they offer them.

>>65154960
Yeah, some people are at a greater stage of personal development and some are basically like children. With the right guidance, those "children" might learn to grow and if not, they could still find a fulfilling role in the social chain. Who is going to give them that guidance? That's supposed to be the job of therapists technically, but it's much better filled by parents, priests, friends, spouses, etc. The issue isn't "who is going to do it" as you say, we're actually talking about whether or not anyone should even bother:
>lol ur fucking retarded cunt 90% of the people that go to therapy dont need therapy why would you ever feel bad for them
>why would you ever feel bad for them
Because they are lost.
>>
Anyone saying that
>just be yourself
is good advice should probably just hang themselves. He either doesn't know or like who he is and that's why he's paying some retarded woman figure it out
>>
>>65142627
>there are good ones
yeah, like a priest, and unlike a jannies it is based that they do it for free
>>
>>65155062
>Anyone saying that
>just be yourself
>is good advice should probably just hang themselves.
Anyone who is dumb and thinks in platitudes should die?
>>
>>65155080
typically, yes.
>>
>>65155084
>typically, yes.
Oh, typically. Okay. So probably not ever in your case, but other people, yes. Got it. So if you say anything along the lines of
>just be yourself
>it is what it is
>that's just how the world works
>try to think positive
>live and let live
>what can ya do
That doesn't mean you should just rethink that with a bit more consideration, it means you should go hang yourself from a tree or jump off a tall building or something like that?
>>
>>65155046
I was deeply hurt and experienced emotional rejection from a self-absorbed narcissist who lacked the capacity to empathize with the people immediately around her. There are things I told her about myself that I haven't even told people I've known for decades. I didn't say that I enjoy thinking about beating the shit out of her, either.
>>
>>65154504
Because I've been a failure for my entire life. I have failed at making friends. I have failed at having relationships. The only decent thing I had, my intelligence (before college), that was all fake as college showed I was actually a complete retard. I worked hard at things and still failed. I am a complete and utter failure.

>dude learn to code lmao
A retard like me has no business coding, and I would never succeed at it anyway.

>Wouldn't having money at least give you some opportunities to lead a more enriching life?
No, it wouldn't matter if I had money, I will still be miserable. I have no goals of what to do with money. I don't want to own a house. I don't want a family. I don't want to travel. I don't want to buy stuff. It wouldn't matter if I had hundreds of thousands of dollars. I will always be miserable because I am a worthless loser socially.
>>
>>65155051
That's deeply interesting, but my morality comes from my capacity to empathize with people. I'm not really sad that she's gone, I'd rather just move on and experience a wider and more meaningful breadth of experience than what she or Texas could've ever offered me.
>>
>>65155165
I wish I could just sit with you by a campfire and let you talk, anon. Maybe have a couple of beers, some campfire food. I'm sorry you are so drained and I truly wish I could be there to help you.
>>
>>65155167
>but my morality comes from my capacity to empathize with people
That's probably the best place to derive it save for divine revelation.
>>
>>65142614
Therapy is fucking stupid. Go out and see the world man, the answers to your questions are not in a dingy office
>>
>>65142691
it's pretty ironic isn't it.

>pay headshrinker to tell him what to do
>headshrinker tells him what to do
>NOO I WON'T DO THAT!
>>
>>65155046
>narcissism isn't intrinsically bad

>literally every real psychologist advises people to avoid narcissists at all costs

>at any point in time you didn't say, "no, i'm not a woman

A fucking bored femcel on 4chan typed this response, /fit/
>>
>>65155046
>Narcissism isn't intrinsically bad.
You're dead wrong.
t. Dad was narcissist.
>>
>>65155237
Yeah, narcissism sucks. The only kind of person who would claim that narcissism isn't intrinsically bad is one who doesn't believe in morality.
>>
>>65155274
Sounds like a lot of women.
>>
>>65146436
Out of curiosity, could you take this test?
https://www.idrlabs.com/light-triad-dark-triad/test.php
>>
>>65155180
No you don't, no one wants to be around me because I'm a worthless, miserable person
>be miserable because I'm alone
>incapable of feigning happiness so misery pushes people away which keeps me alone
>get even more miserable
>push even more people away
Classic life.
>>
>>65155290
It doesn't help to contribute to the war being waged between men and women right now, anon. Men and women are both being ruined by modernity and groups like PUA and MGTOW on the male side and FDS on the female side are both symptoms and huge problems. If men and women stopped listening to this anti-other-sex propaganda constantly and just treated each other like human beings then maybe men wouldn't be so brutal and sex-obsessed and maybe women wouldn't be so vain and psychopathic. Ignore the bad ones and look for the good ones, anon. The ones who barely use the internet.
>>
>>65155311
I'm not talking about making a huge commitment to you, anon. Just a fireside chat. I could endure that with some pretty shitty people, but you don't seem that bad. Misery in others doesn't really bother me - I have a fairly dull emotional palette. If you could sit there and talk about things and not threaten or berate me I could probably enjoy my time with well enough.
>>
>>65142614
Therapy is designed by women, for women so they can cope about their 1st world problems and pretend like someone actually cares for 30 minutes of their life because their female "friends" sure as fuck don't really listen or care about what they have to say. I'm unsurprised you found no benefit from it.
>>
File: light-dark-triad.png (146 KB, 732x600)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>65155299
>https://www.idrlabs.com/light-triad-dark-triad/test.php
Not him but here's mine

>You tend 25% more toward the dark triad than the light triad.
>You are 54.07% darker than the average person.
>>
>>65155319
I understand this intellectually, but my personal experience with women just makes me say sexist shit all the time. I don't even know what FDS is and I'm on the internet a lot.
>>
>>65155374
You are to be fucking avoided at all costs, dude.
>>
>>65155389
>I don't even know what FDS is and I'm on the internet a lot.
Oh boy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkoUYusrChU
>>
>>65155406
Lmao that's pure fucking BPD paranoia
>>
>>65155180
>>65155339
im not that anon, i havent posted in this thread yet, but im similar to that guy. i use to have friends i worked mad hard on it for acouple years, then mentally relapsed and ruined my friendships and quit my job i hated my negative coworkers and now ive been unemployed sitting at home alone for 12 months now and im getting even worse.

not having friends who care about you is literally the worst thing in the world. id give up everything ill ever have financially to have a strong set of friends who care the world for me
>>
>>65155403
I'm actually pretty kind and gentle to most people. I have a lot of contempt for people in that I think I think they're dumb and lazy and stuff like that, but I still think it's better to show people love even if I don't really feel it for them because it goes a long way toward making the world better for all of us. I lie a lot to coworkers and employers and anyone else who I think I need to lie to just to fit in and move up but I have some personal guidelines I follow so as to not go overboard with my antisocial tendencies. I feel like a social chameleon most of the time but all I really want is to get rich, get married to a nice submissive woman, and make art and learn skills with my free time. Not everyone like me is predisposed to life-ruining behaviors.
>>
>>65155432
I literally cannot trust a thing you say because there have been so many people like you who have ruined the lives of so many others before your fingers even stroked those keys those all-too-sweet words.
>>
>>65155458
*stroked those keys to type those all-too-sweet words
>>
>>65145163
She implied the truth
A Man therapist would be explicit and tell anon to stop being such a pussy, female therapists soften the truth and beat around the bush instead of giving it to em straight
Never pay for a female therapist if you are male
>>
>>65155428
>not having friends who care about you is literally the worst thing in the world.
I sure don't. I'm pretty sure the only people who really care for me are my parents but there's very little they can do for me at this point because I just don't really need emotional support from others. Never really did. It would be nice, but my goals mean way more to me than my relationships generally speaking. My ex gf used to HATE that I would spend all day on the computer while she wanted to go places and do boring shit like walk go sit at the park. I wish for your sake that you could find some goals that mean the world to you instead of caring about having friends and all that. I mean friends are dope, but needing them sucks.
>>
>>65155458
>>65155466
Understandable, but I don't really see what you think I have to gain from manipulating you on a Cambodian fish-frying blog. I also don't need anything from you and I don't see what you could offer me other than an interesting conversation. You shouldn't be so worried when I'm likely thousands of miles away from you and behind a screen on an anonymous website. Like what harm do you expect me to do to you?
>>
>>65155503
It's not simply you, it's the rest of people like you who share your personality characteristics.
>>
File: light-dark-triad.png (144 KB, 732x600)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>65155521
These are my test results btw. I'm also the guy who was talking about getting intrusive thoughts about beating his ex, if that's of any interest.
>>
>>65155521
I mean it's totally fair for you not to trust me, anon. I really do get it and I would probably look down on you if you trusted me after seeing my results. However, I do want to put it out there that I genuinely am motivated by a general type of love for humanity even if I'm willing to do a few dirty things to help some people at the expense of others in certain cases. To be fair though, I think most people are like that minus the part where they derive pleasure from lying successfully like I do. I love it, actually - it feels like playing Halloween all the time to do things like stand in front of a boss and tell them to their face that you have no idea why that thing happened when you actually caused the thing by accident but don't want to get in trouble for it. Most people would probably do the same if they weren't scared of getting caught lying.
>>
>>65155533
Fucking A, man. I truly hope you can survive in this world when there are so many worse versions of me out there willing to exploit the fuck out of people like you.
>>
>>65155533
>I'm also the guy who was talking about getting intrusive thoughts about beating his ex, if that's of any interest.
Your empathy shows why you felt bad enough about it to make a big deal of it.
>>
>>65155582
I've learned to sniff you out. You just say the things that I want to hear with a suspicious degree of accuracy.
>>
>>65142614
Your therapist is shit and you should let her know, then find a different one.
>>
>>65155533
How the fuck do you score 0 on Machiavellianism. Have you never told a lie?
>>
>>65155568
Fuck your existence.
>>
>>65142614
I've seen at least ten therapists over more than a decade. Just go to church. Trust me. Your depressed because your spiritually starving. My whole generation is.
>>
>>65155606
You're not wrong. When I said that to this anon
>>65155533
I was also sure you'd read the post so I included material from the conversation we were already having. It's strategic, but not deceptive. I do mean what I say, I just have a lot of intent behind my speech generally.
>>
>>65155595
Is that an uncommon degree of empathy?
>>
File: light-dark-triad.png (150 KB, 732x600)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>65155299
>>65155374
>>65155533
>tfw
What did they mean by this anons? I don't understand what this is supposed to mean for me?
>>
>>65142645
https://youtube.com/watch?v=EULynGtVskU
>>
>>65155615
I would fight for you, anon. That's what you don't realize. It seems like you're paranoid that my dishonesty will infect you, but if you were confident in your ability to think for yourself you probably wouldn't be so paranoid about it. You hate me because you feel like you have to as a safety mechanism to avoid being drawn in. But we're still on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>65155631
Absolutely imo.
>>
>>65142752
Now you know
>>
>>65155630
Yeah, fuck whatever point you're trying to make or practice manipulating a person you're trying to get out of this exchange, you fucking unfeeling piece of shit.
>>
>>65155683
Yeah but what if you're wrong and I'm just trying to have an honest conversation, anon? It's like "damned if I do, damned if I don't". If I had just never posted my test result and never talked about my personality disorder you would have no clue. You'd like me better because I'd be lying to you. When I'm honest with you, you hate me and think I'm lying. Maybe that's a big part of why we lie so much.
>>
>>65155610
Of course I've lied, but mostly about things during my childhood. I just analyzed why I lied about those things as I approached adulthood. I make a concerted effort to be as honest as possible with people.
>>
>>65155730
>I make a concerted effort to be as honest as possible with people.
Why?
>>
>>65155743
Because then the people that're important to me in my life will trust me and it's impossible to establish a basis of trust and love in my life without honesty.
>>
I think emotionally manipulation can be positive in most cases, but just generally has a very negative repuation
I think you can emotionally manipulate a person to be a better person than they were before you manipulated them into being a better person, does this make sense? The same can be said both way
I see manipulation as a tool, and like all tools, it can be useful for good or evil
I personally would only manipulate people for what I would perceive as good reasons, like manipulating someone into loving themselves or not having a negative view of themselves or when we hang out trying to subtly convince them to have a good time, but if they resist or are thinking very negative, I can slow things and go at their pace, slowly manipulating them from being a Doomer into becoming a Bloomer with the right stimulus
Is it bad to want people to be happier with themselves anons?
>>
>>65155710
We are having an honest conversation. You can honestly go fuck yourself, you psychopathic leper.
>>
>>65155777

>trips

>check 'em

>the trips never fuckin lie, baby
>>
>>65155763
If you have to lie to do this, that's very harmful because if they figure out that your encouragement was based on lies, not only will they feel bad about themselves, but they'll have a very hard time ever trusting good advice again. "Manipulation" should only be used for practical gain and only minimally. This keeps people's feelings out of it on both sides. If you want to help others improve, learn HONEST things to tell them.
>>
>>65155777
>We are having an honest conversation. You can honestly go fuck yourself, you psychopathic leper.
Yeah, I'm sitting here trying to be honest and telling you I want humanity to thrive, and you're insulting me and calling me a leper. You are the one displaying a lack of empathy and honestly a pretty pathetic degree of fear and nastiness. Oh well, it's not like you're going to hurt me.
>>
>>65155760
>Because then the people that're important to me in my life
Sure, of course. But what about the people who aren't?
>>
Just don't get sad. How fucking hard it is?
>>
>>65155814
I can't say it's ever inconvenienced me to have a reputation for being very honest.
>>
>>65155830
That's good, but it can easily make you a target for the pathologically corrupt. Also, lying can get you out of trouble. You don't do that?
>>
>>65155804
I'm not empathizing with you because there's almost nothing to empathize with and everything you say can't be trusted because of how outrageously high you scored in the dark triad. Everything you type has this odious stench of maneuvering this way and that to get what you want, which is for me to fall for some dumb bullshit you type.
>>
>>65155844
Not really, no. It just makes more sense to me, individually, to avoid trouble As ar as the pathologically corrupt go; wouldn't I theoretically join their ranks if I started lying?
>>
>>65155791
I see your point
Perhaps my view is warped in some way I would surmise
Like imagine how I would feel if I was personally manipulated, I would understand how distrust and betrayal could be feeling I would have afterwards
but at the same time a part of me feels like manipulation can just be too useful of a thing to go with, I am not sure why it is just how I perceive things, maybe I am wrong, but I feel as long as it is used carefully and optimally,
an altered concept of manipulation could have uses for good
Perhaps problems lie with the question, of how "Genuine" someone is truly being when doing something or if they have "ulterior motives"
I would know this feeling, because personally, I have immense distrust of how genuine others are when they are nice to me, mostly because of my own self-hatred
I always ask myself, "why are they being nice, what do they want from me, what do they gain from being nice to me?" etc.
So I would never want to purposely make someone have the self-doubt I also experience, and so for my manipulation I try not to seem too sketchy
Whenever I propose that a friend and I do something together, I have to add something. For instance, if I offer to pay for a meal my friend and I would have, and they seem to have the look on their face like "what is the catch" and afterwards they ask me why I did that, I say oh "I just felt like paying is all", but then also add something like "but really maybe we could get coffee at this place, or your paying but I am choosing the next diner" and so on.
I dunno would that be considered manipulative
To explain, I wouldn't want them to feel as though I am being "nice" for no reason, giving reasons, justification, albeit small, but something that would explain my behavior, so as for them not to suspect me asking for something greater
Besides I don't like people owing me big favors. I hate asking people for help with anything, on my own and not burdening others with my problems (word lmiit)
>>
>>65155857
>I'm not empathizing with you because there's almost nothing to empathize with
And you know this because of my scores on a 36 question internet test? Here, let me be more forward with you: you are a fucking retard if you think that test tells you everything you need to know about me. People are much more complicated than that, much more nuanced, and like I said you're obviously afraid of being manipulated by me and that's the source of your nasty and disdainful behavior towards me.
>to get what you want, which is for me to fall for some dumb bullshit you type.
I don't want to trick you, anon. Use your logical faculties to figure out what lies I am trying to convince you of and how telling you outright that I like to lie would help me with that. Why wouldn't I just have not posted my results and and not told you about me if I wanted to lie to you? You're such a little bitch, dude lol.
>>
>>65155879
>wouldn't I theoretically join their ranks if I started lying?
I suppose so, depending on how often and what about. I like you, anon. I may not be so pure, but I appreciate that you are and I hope you can avoid being fucked with by bad people.
>>
>>65155482
>I wish for your sake that you could find some goals that mean the world to you instead of caring about having friends and all that. I mean friends are dope, but needing them sucks.
99% of people need to have regular social groups and interaction.
>>
>>65155928
>99% of people need to have regular social groups and interaction.
I get that, anon. I'd like to have more people in my life who care about me, but I've been without it for a long time and I seem to be thriving now more than ever, so I have a hard time relating to the "need" I guess.
>>
I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication and missing context between you two anons
>>65155912
>>65155857
>>65155804
>>65155777
>>65155710
>>65155683
I feel as though perhaps that anon that is accusing the other of being a piece of shit has this preconceived notion of relating this anon to a personal past and negative experience and are projecting that image they have onto the anon who started the conversation and has their test image posted
On the other hand, I think the anon who has their image posted is fighting a losing battle, attempting to convince the other anon that they are something else besides what they are perceived, as a way to convince themselves that they are someone else than what the accusing anon is saying, defending against the personal attack they feel
However
Both of you retarded faggots are just idiots arguing over the internet, like do you fucking nogs even realize what you are doing arguing over this? Chill the fuck out you autists, take a deep breath, and fucking realize how fucking retarded you both are, literally what are you doing, getting heated over words on a fucking monitor, KEK
>>
>>65155912
Now we're having a truly honest conversation and we have an understanding of one another. I don't want to know everything about you because you were fucking dumb enough to post your test results that determine with a fair degree o accuracy whether or not you have no problem manipulating people to get your way on the internet to a group of strangers expecting to gain some sort of feeling and empathy in return.
>>
>>65155948
>imagine being this retarded to respond to other retards on 4chan
>>
>Another Schizo Thread
Oh Boyo OH BOYO!
(munches popcorn*)
>>
>>65155893
That doesn't really sound like manipulation but I suppose it technically is. I would put it in a "prosocial" category and say that most good people do that type of game-playing. Like if you break someone's vase and they say "oh no, think nothing of it" when it was actually a family heirloom or something. I don't think that's bad.
>>
>>65155947
what does thirving consist of
>>
>>65155957
I did it because I felt like it, and you responded because you felt like it, it was the choices we decided to make in those moments anon
Also I decided to come to /fit/ for some fucking reason which I have basically all but forgotten at this point, like what am I even doing here? who knows yeah? Kek
anyways, I just want to say thanks for all the schizo posting anons in this thread, you give me a good few keks indeed, but in the end, remember that we are all gonna make it anons
>>
>>65155953
>Now we're having a truly honest conversation and we have an understanding of one another.
No, I think you're just delusional, actually.
>>65155948
>I feel as though perhaps that anon that is accusing the other of being a piece of shit has this preconceived notion of relating this anon to a personal past and negative experience and are projecting that image they have onto the anon who started the conversation and has their test image posted
What he said.

>Both of you retarded faggots are just idiots arguing over the internet, like do you fucking nogs even realize what you are doing arguing over this? Chill the fuck out you autists, take a deep breath, and fucking realize how fucking retarded you both are, literally what are you doing, getting heated over words on a fucking monitor, KEK
I have nothing better to do tonight. Just got a tooth pulled and am enjoying some chats and podcasts. I appreciate your thoughtful post though, anon.
>>
>>65155972
Going to the gym again and crushing PR's, being motivated to learn Java/Kotlin, doing really well at my job and not missing a single day in almost 4 months, making more money than I ever have, and learning more about navigating Linux systems and doing other computer shit I love instead of wasting time playing video games or going out drinking or skating with my friends like I was before.
>>
>>65155983
:) You're a pretty cool guy, anon. I'm glad my fight with dipshit has brought joy to all of us. Except dipshit, ofc.
>>
>>65156019
>computers in free time
>computers for work
>money
what a fulfilling life
>>
>>65156074
It's a stone on the road to what I want, not the end goal for me. I want to be rich, have a submissive wife, and be able to do any hobbies or skilled activities that I find interest in. That's my goal in a nutshell and I'm closer to that now than I have ever been.
>>
>>65155994
>Just got a tooth pulled and am enjoying some chats and podcasts.
>tfw have had 8 teeth pulled (4 at once) so may know what his anon is feeling
Nice anon, was it a molar, premolar, canine or incisor that was pulled? Are you at the point where you are still using gauze or has the blood clotted the wound yet? Also I hope you keep taking the daily dose of antibiotic if you were given them, I skipped when I got my first few pulled, my shit ended up infected and needed additional prescription to clear it back up, kek
>>
>>65156125
Incisor. My #8 I guess or front right tooth on the top. I broke both of my front top teeth rollerblading when I was 7 and my #8 just split in half vertically a few months ago while I was eating. Luckily I had root canals done on my front teeth when the accident happened so I didn't feel it break this time or that would have been a bitch. I had the antibiotic a few weeks ago actually because of an unrelated infection, none were prescribed this time. I'm getting an implant and crown in several months. No gauze because they had to give me a bone graft since the bone above my #8 had completely deteriorated. Messy business. Gonna look great in about 8 months though.
>>
>>65156125
>tfw have had 8 teeth pulled (4 at once) so may know what his anon is feeling
So why did this happen, anon?
>>
>>65156157
Ouch, incisor huh? I only had wisdom teeth and premolars pulled, nice to hear ya no infection though
Here is to the nice smile you'll have in 8 months anon (I am toasting plastic cup of water, I don't have wine at the moment)
>>
>>65156196
Cheers :)
>>
>>65146032
>HealthyGamerGG
I just watched two of his videos.
It amounted to "getting a girlfriend if you actually want one is a kafkaesque nightmare" and "women are constantly asked out by men, so stop bothering. Also, men suck".
I genuinely had the urge to just kill myself afterwards. Preferably after killing him, but that's hard to do through the screen.

So yeah, thanks for that suggestion, fuckface.
>>
>>65156204
lmao
>>
>>65156175
>So why did this happen, anon?
No really much of a tale to tell, at least it isn't to me
The first one was a wisdom tooth, in the left side of my mandible or jaw. The shit was infected, impacted I believe they called it. One night, I felt a slight aching, thought I'd sleep it off, the I work up and literally felt the worst physical pain of my fucking life my whole left face was swollen and my jaw was practically locked shut I could barely speak as even that hurt like hell. I was driven to the dentists, they said "Yep" and injected numbing medicine or whatever, and while awake they drilled and pried that sucker out, it came out in pieces as the whole thing was completely rotted away. then they gave me antibiotics and it cleared up in about two weeks, but this is when I started to feel a relief of pressure in my skull, it was pretty amazing the difference I felt from getting that one bad tooth out I tell ya what, it was the beginning of a life transition for me.
About a month later I realized I also needed glasses and it is literal fucking magic and witchcraft how everything can look like shit and then all of a sudden two inch pieces of glass can transform real life into fucking 10k like wow, kek, amazing stuff to this day
Too avoid hitting bump limit I'll tell you about how I got the rest of my wisdom teeth pulled and then my 4 premolars
>>
>>65154146
I think they fall this "empathy burnout" and a lot of prop me in the medical profession get it. Like if you're in a burn or Labour ward you eventually tune out the screams of the patients to protect yourself.
Or a GP will stop taking their patients seriously because of the amount of visit complaints they see - kinda like how I as an IT support person had to learn to assume customers were idiots and weren't necessarily following my instructions

Not really an excuse to just give up on your job though. You could at least given the some CBT workbook or gratitude journal
>>
>>65156175
>>65156269
So next were my other 3 wisdom teeth
(Also, I had all teeth removed while I was fully awake and conscious, as apparently I heard people sometimes get put to sleep, but I don't know if that shit is true never seen or experienced it, kek)
Be aware that the other three were taken out a year after my first wisdom tooth. So year about a year later after consulting an orthodontist I had been given a plan to remove 4 premolars since my teeth were crowded as hell and my jaw was just a tad too small for my massive teeth, but they said removing my wisdom teeth was optionally. To me however there was no option and will never regret getting the fucker out
Months before I did, and month after my first tooth got infected, I had another smaller infection, this time on my right side instead of my left, but it wasn't as severe, just some white and yellow puss and goop that was leaking out on my bottom wisdom tooth, discomforting, but I rinsed with hot water and salt and drank a lot of vitamin c and tried to rinsed out and squeeze as much gooey shit out as I could and it luckily didn't get worse
So I go in and get my wisdom teeth all removed, I believe the dude started with the bottom right one, then moved onto the top left one, but those could be switched, as I only specifically remember that the top right was the last to be removed. One of them was just like the first one, completely rotten and easily broke into shards, I believe it was either the top left or bottom right that one, but the other two came out clean, with just some early signs of bacterial growth or whatever, but both in one piece and whole teeth rather than fragments
I was again prescribed antibiotics, but this was the time I was a fucking dumbass and skipped two days cause I thought everything was good, then my bottom right wound got infected and had to get additional prescription
Don't skip your bacterial prescriptions anons, kek
but yeah after a month it was all good (bump limit)
>>
>>65154462
Sounds like a brain tumor turned you back into a child for a few days.
You better get that checked.
>>
>>65156333
Fucking hell dude, glad you're okay. That's a lot of mouth trauma and I know that shit sucks.
>>
>>65156333
>>65156269
>>65156175
Okay, so finally, about 2 months after I finished the rest of my wisdom teeth, I got my premolars out, the front ones just behind all my canine teeth
Despite being 4 removed at once, they were by far the easiest done
No infections, all came out clean and all in one piece, quick and simple, it was just annoying to eat for a while as the gaps were big and had food get stuck there until I got the gaps closed after getting braces on about 3 months later
The results are phenomenal, I feel great, my skull especially, as the pressure and discomfort I had I never knew was not normal, but afterwards it was like I got relief and I started to begin to get a healthy diet and ate more and food taster better and I generally felt happier than before, it is truly amazing, dental treatment is truly a human wonder and achievement I'd say
Now years later, my teeth are straightened, gaps closed, and I would definitely say dental hygiene is my top most important hygiene to consider, or just oral hygiene in general
>>
>>65156382
You probably racked up an insane medical bill if you're an American.
>>
>>65156360
Thanks anon
Just glad I was able to afford it, plus family helped care for me while I was healing, and get them removed
I've heard stories since of other distant family members or family friends who went to cheap dentists and later died because their infections spread, like my father told me of his friend's cousin dying cause the idiot sewed gauze into his wound, and the infection reached down his neat and into his heart and he died.
Glad I came out okay, but now I really do recommend to people to really take care of your heal, and especially dental health, as it really is more important than some people would assume
>>
>>65156394
Yep, kek
(Luckily I got a small family discount on my braces as they had a cheaper plan which involved having a sibling get braces then another sibling get em on the same plan, so that's was cool. The dental fees however were mostly out of pocket besides whatever insurance was able to cover)
>>
>>65156394
Medical bills do cost quite a pretty penny for americucks these days huh?
>>
>>65156442
My tooth extraction + bone graft + temporary retainer tooth cost $1100. After all is said and done this dental project I'm undergoing will have cost me $7.5k.
>>
>>65155857
Lmao you have a seriously overinflated sense of your importance if you think this dude has anything to gain from convincing you of anything
At best he's chuckling at you over the top aggression
>>
File: file.png (211 KB, 784x670)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>65155652
Not bad, not great.
>>
>>65156539
I don't trust you...
>>
>>65156539
>>65156555
>Not bad, not great.
>I don't trust you...
Is this achievable natty for a schizo?
Or in other words, is this the test results of someone who, "Does a little bit of trolling" from time to time? :)
>youtube.com/watch?v=cbUntax5A0o
>>
>>65156590
probably.
>>
>tfw
I literally had to look up what the actual fuck a Machiavellianism even fucking means, I honestly though you retards just made it up or something
I have literally never ever heard of this what in any way whatsoever
even after looking it up I still don't know what it means. All I can garner I guess is it means basically just your average shit poster and troll/comedian or what?
>>
>>65156625
I don't understand how you could not get it after looking it up. It's a psychological trait named after a guy called Niccolò Machiavelli, who was an Italian "philosopher" who wrote basically an instruction manual on how to carefully lie, cheat, steal, and kill your way into power and how to stay in power at all costs. The trait is about being calculating and willing to lie and break all social and moral conventions for the sake of some intended goal. It differs from psychopathy because psychopathy implies a low impulse control that is not conducive to the same strategic and calculative planning that describes Machiavellianism.
>>
>>65155972
Look up maslow's hierarchy of needs
>>
>>65156204
You can often tell a lot about someone by the nonsense they say helps them
>>
>>65156590
I posted the original one here >>65156539

I don't think I'm schizo, I am pretty sure I'm autistic though. I just lack empathy and there's not much I can do about it. While I can manipulate people a bit if I feel like it, I often really don't want to because I don't feel any drive to be so self-serving. A special kind of autism, it kinda keeps me in check.
>>
>>65156683
>While I can manipulate people a bit if I feel like it, I often really don't want to because I don't feel any drive to be so self-serving. A special kind of autism, it kinda keeps me in check.
What does that mean?
>>
>>65156691
It would benefit me to do so but I just don't want to, either because it feels bad to or I just don't see the need to serve myself when people ought to be left alone. I just want to be left alone. It feels like I have to force myself to do anything, let alone manipulate others. It's all conscious.
>>
>>65156703
You don't want snuggles?
>>
>>65156709
I absolutely crave and want affection, a wife and kids, but I don't feel worthy of it. I don't think I'm incapable of love as much as it's dulled for me, and very very very reserved only for a select few.
>>
>>65156713
>I don't feel worthy of it.
I just cannot wrap my head around this notion. You and so many other people say things like this and it just baffles me. Like, why not just fight for what you want? What's all this talk about "deserving it"? I don't even know how to gauge such a thing. I always just try to get what I want. I mean I can understand "they won't think I'm worthy", but then I just focus on changing that perception.
>>
>>65154146
>trying to make a mean person happy... There's no point.
>these days, I just prescribe pills. The stronger, the better.
Based, at least that makes them easier to deal with for the rest of us.
>>
>>65156683
>pretty sure I'm autistic though
Yep, ain't we all sure about this one for ourselves anon, kek
>>
>>65156713
>I don't feel worthy of it. I don't think I'm incapable of love as much as it's dulled for me, and very very very reserved only for a select few.
this is kinda fucking with me cause it sounds like something I would type but I am almost 100% certain I don't remember posting this, fuck this is tripping me out and I haven't even had coffee this morning
>>
>>65156733
I don't know, some deep-seated self-hate. Not really sure how to fix. It's been getting better over time but I still feel like human garbage.

>>65156789
You did type it.
>>
>>65156795
>It's been getting better over time but I still feel like human garbage.
Just take what you want from life, anon. Stop thinking about your value and start thinking about collecting value from other places. Don't hurt people doing, but do it.
>>
>>65156733
Not that anon but I suppose I can understand that viewpoint but to be honest I have a similar feeling of not really feeling as though I deserve what I have, unworthiness, and not feeling as though I have earned things
Like I am pretty sure most people can't relate to this particular sense, which is that I am afraid of success, because I feel like I don't deserve to be successful , like if I was successful I would feel as though I am unworthy and haven't earned it enough and so failure is much more comforting to me because I feel like I belong more if I am not successful, it is kinda fucked up if I self-reflect on this and am trying to rewire my brain to not conclude this as much but it is difficult for me
Also something I find unusually and can't relate is how people can be so care-free, I am a bit of a worry-wort as they say and so being care-free is a concept I struggle to fully comprehend desu
>>
>>65156815
Being carefree is the status quo for me. It's also something that has inhibited my success in life. It wasn't until I fell on truly hard times that I found the motivation to start attacking life. For the most part, things just don't bother me. When people criticize me I usually just don't care, or when people compare me to more successful or more attractive or more intelligent people I'm just like "alright". When I get in a car accident I'm just like "well fuck it". Whenever bad things happen on my life I'm usually just okay to deal with the consequences because the consequences just aren't very stressful for me. Gf left me? Okay, no sex or companion for a while. Family member died? Okay, no family member. Even if I liked them. It's just like an acceptance of the way things are. Get stolen from? Okay, guess that thing is gone, better luck going forward hopefully. The only thing that really gets under my skin and makes me rage and want to fight back at life is having no control over my time, which is almost directly proportional to how much money I have basically. So I just want to make a killing and fuck everything else pretty much.
>>
>>65153934
this is what people become when life has very little actual struggle, we are machines designed to identify and deal with struggle so when the real thing is absent we just make up fake struggle. Going to the gym is manufactured struggle because there isn't real struggle in real life so we need to create a /fit/ting substitute
>>
>>65156809
>Just take what you want from life, anon. Stop thinking about your value and start thinking about collecting value from other places. Don't hurt people doing, but do it.
Again, working on it. Takes a lot to even muster the feeling of being worthwhile. Modesty to a fault, I never liked answering questions right or doing anything in class that would net me "prizes" when those were being given. It happened way too often. I felt like it should just be known and I'm not special for memorizing or knowing. Between that and the tism I think I'm pretty well fucked. I don't really do well right now, dropped out of school and unemployed, trying to curb the jacking off habit, actually working out (pretty fucking new at the sticking to /fit/ thing despite several attempts before to go for it)
>>
>>65154299
if you think Japanese people have the "courage to be disliked" you've never met one
>>
>>65149992
Female fingers typed this sentence
>>
>>65156795
It sounds like you don't feel fulfillment
What kind of person do you want to be? Does the way you're acting right now reflect that person? Will it get you there?
I'm not talking about shit like rich/successful, more like stoic, assertive, generous, rolls with the punches
>>
>>65157003
Nothing is fulfilling anymore, no. Depression, tism, and general ennui make a bad cocktail.
>>
>>65152193
No, I actually appreciated the other anons advice to my original post. This guy called me a retard and that I'm just an alcoholic, and when I called him out that it can be possible to self medicate and be an alcoholic he tried to act like he had the moral high ground and lecture me. I'm not looking for anyone's answer anon, just annoyed at that guy.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.