[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1637839857298.jpg (146 KB, 770x515)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Can you guys help me?

I've been doing this https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine/ for the past 6 months but for the past two months it really hasn't helped me get any stronger... I don't really know what to do from here. I've added more sets and weight which helps but I don't want to have to keep buying more and more weights just to workout at home.

Like push ups are good because the progression to one hand is hard and takes a while, but rows I've been stuck at horizontal ones for weeks and weeks. With dips I'm already adding like 30kg to them, this isn't sustainable. Pull ups have been stagnant for what feela like forever.

Send help, the gym is too much effort for me.
>>
>>64493228
>With dips I'm already adding like 30kg to them, this isn't sustainable
Why?
You can use a weighted vest if you prefer. If this is too easy just keep adding weight until you can't even do 5 reps.
>>
dyel general
>>
File: 1633361592171.jpg (1.79 MB, 2481x6600)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
Try some of these progressions
>>
File: 1630649708915.png (154 KB, 1000x1000)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>64493325
to continuously add weight I would need to keep buying more and more weights
adding like 40kg to dips is just stupid. might as well do something else
>>64493351
how do I know when to progress to the next progression? also I can't use rings, my home set up isn't great (I have a tower in my room like pic rel)
>>
>>64493387
>adding like 40kg to dips is just stupid.
why?
>might as well do something else
What?
>>
>>64493398
it just feels bad because the amount i've spent on weights and the tower, I think a gym membership would have been cheaper this entire time. Then again I started as a complete dyel, so I think calisthenics was a better option for someone in my position

It just feels bad. I thought it would take a year for me to start seeing diminishing returns, now it's either continue to spend stupid money on weights or get a gym membership. good problem to have I guess
>>
>>64493387
You don't need rings for most of the exercises, and you progress when you feel like the variation you are doing at the moment is too easy (or when you can do 3x8 according to the plan in the pic)
>>
>>64493419
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a8tlZ-zbF695HA3Lmm20OIYeYYxo1lmUOczUXKLoL4s/edit?usp=sharing

try to find a progression here
>>
>>64493419
It’s worth the investment. A good home gym isn’t cheap. You will *eventually* save money. But ultimately you save time not commuting back and forth. Quit getting wrapped up in “muh money” and just buy the shit that you need.

My home gym is a squat rack, plates to go with it, gymnastic rings, a few kettlebells and a hex deadlift bar, Nordic hamstring curl machine, and an adjustable dumbbell set. I’ve reached the point where I honest to god can’t imagine needing anything else. Maybe a few piddly things down the road, but I’ve got it made.

I’m about 6 years into the home gym, and it’s taken awhile, but it’s so worth it. But you need to get enough shit to get truly started
>>
File: 8EhpW2g.jpg (539 KB, 3120x4160)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>64493733
shit my home gym consists of a pullup bar, a discounted chinese suspension trainer, and a couple of fucking 6 gallons jugs that i got for 3 bucks each from a shady dude in the back of an alley. Still gonna make it
>>
>>64493857
Its not what you have but what you can do with what you have that matters, work hard and believe in yourself.
>>
>>64493228
Isometrics and Plyometrics.

For example with push ups, 5 second isometric hold at the bottom and then explode up into the air with a clap push up. Same with jump squats, chin ups with one arm or archer pull ups etc, bicep flex ups (you basically only want to flex your bicep at the top of the chin up part to get a solid af pump to your guns.

Also learn the back bridge press and handstand press.
>>
Any recommendations for Weighted Pullups gains?

Currently pulling 3x per week.
day 1. Heavy Weighted Pullups
day 2. High volume low fatigue pullups i.e 20 sets of 5 reps
day 3. Hypertrophy pullups
>>
>>64493419
gallons of water weigh 8.3 lbs, i have one 25 lbs dumbel and then add gallons of water for added weight. I put all this in my gym bag and tie it around my waste. It can be a little cumbersome but it gets the job done
>>
File: 1637256754494.jpg (133 KB, 1080x1086)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Calisthenics benefits the most from HIIT routines. Stop doing sets of weighted pull ups with 3 minute rest periods... its fucking retarded and you will never see results aside from some minor strength gains. You want as minimal rest as possible while going through circuit training. My back day looks like this

Pull ups -as many as i can until failure, then continue doing assisted banded ones as many as possible
>rest 45 seconds
Chinups -as many as i can until failure, then continue doing assisted banded ones as many as possible
>rest 45 seconds
Australian pull ups on rings- 10 reps each wide grip/medium grip/close grip no rest in between
>rest 45 seconds
Australian single arm assisted chin ups on rings - 12 reps each arm
>rest 45 seconds
Commando pull ups- 5 reps each side
>rest 2 minutes
Then do the whole circuit again 2 more times for a total of 3

You need 0 weights and the only equipment is a pull up bar and a pair of 35 dollar rings from amazon. My workout takes usually 45 minutes including warmup of jumping jacks and burpees. And i promise you im in better shape than everyone posting. If youre looking to be lean and ripped like brad pitt in fight club this is the type of routine you should be doing. If anyone actually read this and want my push day ill post that too.
>>
What's the point of adding weight when you can move on to a more difficult variation?
>>
>>64495090
I'm just being lazy. I should really be more proactive in tracking my progress, learning variations and incrementally making them harder or doing more reps. I'm not getting stronger because I'm not doing any of that, I'm not taking it seriously enough
>>
>>64495122
Think of always lifting the same weight in the gym or benching 100lbs for 15+ reps - this is how I see sticking to the easiest pushups/dips/etc
>>
>>64495088
Post that push routine
>>
>>64495270
don't follow his routine he's retarded. Just add weights, your muscles need resistance, they don't care if it comes from dumbells or gravity
>>
>>64495292
I knew some retard would say this, PLEASE post body, I would love to know what you look like. Also explain to me how the routine i posted doesnt maximize resistance and time under tension? Im sure you wont do either btw
>>
>>64495292
Weights might be not sustainable, it'd be better to move onto harder progressions + it's more fun
>>
>>64495542
yeah that's what i meant, but it's better to add weights before going to the next progression. Like, if you want to do typewriter pullups it's better to be able to do pullups +20 kg first. But i agree, always aim to move to the next progression
>>
File: dyel-general.jpg (123 KB, 634x835)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>64493341
>dyel general
>DYEL
>>
>>64495088
You caught my interest
>>
>>64497020
shit hair
retard face
narrow shoulders
bitch wrists
dumb suit
faggot/10
>>
why don't you dyel faggots give up and move this shit to /xs/ where it belongs. the only time a thready even remotely reaches bump limit is when it gets shitposted.
>>
Hey, is the Dip a good alternative to a benchpress?
>>
>>64497396
it's better to be honest
>>
>>64495270
>>64497108
My push day is
Ring Dips 10- then switch to band assisted until failure
>rest 45 seconds
Explosive pushups 10- get the hands off the ground with each rep, then switch to knees until failure
>rest 45 seconds
Diamond push ups 20- if you cant make 20 do what you can then the rest on your knees
>rest 45 seconds
Spider man push ups- 45 seconds of working, rep count doesnt matter just make sure youre really exerting yourself and using proper form. These are basically an easier form of one arm push ups
>45 seconds rest
Skull crushers with rings 12 reps
>45 second rest
Tricep push downs 12 reps- these are deceptively hard and feel weird but destroy the triceps
>45 seconds rest
Regular dips 15 reps - do these with your feet off the ground on the edge of a chair or something
>rest 2 minutes then continue 2 more times for a total of 3 circuits

I know this sounds like dyel but IT IS. You cant train calisthenics the same as body building, if you do youre a fool and setting yourself for failure. I promise you after 3 rounds of this your chest will be glowing red and youll be drained of all push strength.
>>
>>64494913
Based
>>
>>64497586
can you post body please?
>>
>>64497396
Hits all the same muscles except it's better for the triceps. Chest, front delts and triceps just like the bench press.
>>
exercises for neck gains? looking for something advance with weights
>>
dyel general
>>
>>64497586
So, you're just doing pump training which everyone else has already figured out is completely worthless. Just trade progressive overload with "feeling tired." I won't post body but I know I look better than you.
>>
>>64498495
This is me, the calisthenics anon posting his routine. I train 4 days a week hypertrophy training and one day a week plyometrics, i get about 5-10k steps a day but never really do cardio.
>>
>>64498630
wow you have low body fat, congrats
>>
>>64498602
What the fuck are you even talking about? Pump training? I train for hypertrophy and to feel good. I never said this is the only way to train or its the best way i just know im trying to help my fellow anons with what worked for me. You're just a faggot who complains on the internet cause youre life sucks and you get no bitches. And i already posted my body, why not show yours
>>
File: NnouNwE.jpg (197 KB, 1428x1571)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
I strongly recommend doing harder variations of each movement instead of just doing more reps or adding weight
>>
>>64498719
how are you gonna make dips hanred?
>>
>>64498839
>hanred
*harder
>>
Idk if he posts in here, but an anon in a ring thread yesterday mentioned widening my arms a little bit to hit chest more and goddamn thank you bro. Best chest day I've had in a long time.
On an actual note, does anyone here do ladder training? On a whim (and because of an injury that limits my exercise variety), I decided to switch from a traditional program to 6 rounds of descending ladders, so pull day is
>wide grip pullups, neutral grip pullups, & chinups
and push is
>ring dips, decline deficit pushups, pseudo planche pushups
Each round is three reps of each, then two, then one, rests throughout are done by feel, and I time the entire workout to ensure I'm making progress from session to session,
My questions are, since I really enjoy this kind of no-waiting around and no nonsense kind of programming, what kinds of gains can I expect? And also is two push and two pulls a week enough or would it be better to do it 6x/week?
>>
>>64498839
there's a really long road between a normal dip and a well executed planche dip
>>
>>64498839
here's how i would progress from zero:
- assisted dips (feet on a stool to help assist the movement)
- dips on bars
- ring dips (much harder than doing them on stable bars)
- weighted ring dips
- one handed divebomber pushup (like a diamond pushup, but just the second half of the movement, see pic related)
- one handed divebomber pushup on rings
- elevated one handed divebomber pushup on rings (feet on a stool)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>64498972
forgot the fucking pic
>>
>>64498839
Rings turned out dips are 10/10
>>
>>64497586
for all that boasting, all you can do is 10 ring dips unassisted. that's pitiful.
i do zero calisthenics but my unassisted dip count is 25 last time i checked.
>>
>>64499185
Boasting? Im giving my push day routine for anons who literally asked for it, you people are so miserable it would be hilarious if it wasnt so pathetic. I HIGHLY doubt you could do 25 ring dips let alone finish an entire circuit without gassing out. My progress shown is only 1 year of exercise, this time last year i was a skinny fat alcoholic who chain smoked cigarettes. I dont think my body is the end all be all, but im proud of it, i get mires and i feel good and i know i look better than you. Deal with it and post body
>>
>>64493228
Rate the routine I've been doing for 2 weeks.

Pushup 3x10 Normal + Wide + Triangle 90 total
Burpee 3x10
Back burpee 3x10 ( Like a burpee but instead of landing and doing a push up you land on your back and flip back up into a jump )
Box jumps 3x12
Pull up 3x8
Chin up 3x8
Hanging leg raise + side 3xF
Powercleans into OHP ( IDK what it's called ) 3x12

My hands and arms burn after this, they've been uncontrollably shaking some days.
>>
>>64499275
I’m not that guy, but I would be interested how you look. Be cool to see the body along with the routine, even if you’re not as far as you’d like to be
>>
>>64499277
I hate burpees and I would never do one ever
>>
>>64499387
Nvm, I see your other post
>>
>>64499275
>My progress shown is only 1 year of exercise
so you're a newfag only a single year in training, not very strong by admission, and you already give out (quite silly) advice on training, deride weighted training, and act like a fucking fitness guru.
the fucking gall is astonishing.
>>
>>64499277
replace 2/3 of the pushups with dips
>>
I was so fucking weak today. I do chin ups, ring rows and curls with dumbbells on one day.
After warmup is chin ups.
I could do 1 real chin up, the second failed. When I tried the next set 3 minutes later I couldn't even do one. It's hard to progress when I can do so little too. And the only place I can hang my rings is too low, so that I'm barely above the floor. The only way I can do that is with my legs bent.
I try to do this one twice per week and my other day with pushups also twice per week.
>>
>>64499615
You dont even do calisthenics and youre in this thread telling everyone their exercises are a waste of time. What the fuck are you even here for?
>>
50 push ups
30 dips
50 rows of 25 pull ups
30 pull ups
50 walking lunges
90 seconds rest to failer
3 times a week 1 ab day
>>
dyel general
not because calisthenics but because all the wimp dicks that discuss unweighted pull ups dips and pushups. every fucking time, jsut fuck off to push up threads
>>
>>64498550
>except it's better for the triceps
and worse for chest
>>
File: BLMU-@scarxlus_ttn.webm (2.58 MB, 360x360)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB WEBM
don't forget most important part, progressive overload

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.