[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

A large chest is unaesthetic in all cases and having a strong chest translates to nothing other than being able to do chest exercises. Look at wrestlers, fighters and boxers, none have a strong chest. Even all strongmen events are centered around overhead pressing, back or leg movements.
I fell for the chest meme and now my chest overpowers my arms and shoulders.
I will now do no chest movements for the next six months and focus on shoulders, arms and back.
I will look better than every single one of you here in six months.
And yes I will also have more sex than you.
>>
>>63918657
I would still do OHP, but I have focused alot more on my back, to be honest it looks better with my shirts. my traps are actually well developed. I like your decision
>>
>>63918657
Back is really what makes you look bigger, particularly lower lats. Wish Id realized this ages ago.
If you have to pick one muscle to make bigger, lats is the way to go.
>>
File: chest.jpg (59 KB, 600x600)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Chest is the most aesthetic part of the body by a mile, its not even close, without shirt you look good, with shirt you look good since a large chest takes space out of the shirt and makes the rest of your upper body bigger.
that is why you will always be dyel
>>
>>63918703
nonsense, it looks garbage and it will look even worse the moment you stop being able to maintain the size of the chest
>>
>>63918657
This isn't your blog incel

>>>/soc/

gtfo
>>
>>63918703
Oh yeah it looks really good have pec tits lmao
>>
>>63918678
This man is correct
>t. huge lats
>>
>>63918657
Based op, having a big overtrained chest is a dead giveaway of a gymcel
>>
File: schop on women.jpg (155 KB, 1200x630)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>63918678
Yea when i started working out i only wanted the v taper. I didn't care about chest. I still think oversized chests look terrible and most gym bros only have oversized chests because that is all they train.
>>63918657
I don't really care about asthetics any more, so I think the chest is still good to train. It is one of the strongest muscles and provides the basis for many calesthentics movements. A strong chest can be functional.

Ironically, chest is likely the most overstrained muscle because it is so beloved by fags. The homo community loves big droopy man tits. Its why scooby was so popular. The gays have had a massive influence on bodybuilder culture. They are the ones paying for the steroids of the competitors.
>>
>>63918657
ngmi
>>
>>63918715
do you even lift at all?
>>63918709
agree with that somehow, when i was 17 and started lifting i was a chest maxis, easily mogging this whole board with ease however once you stop working out your chest end up looking weird, not to the point of having tits but looks weird.
Does not change the fact that chest is the most aesthetic part of a body, back would never come close, the wonders a big chest can do in making you look big are ridiculous
>>
>>63918657
You sound gay.
Yeah, chest is overrated, but asymmetry is also nigger-tier, like having a big torso propped up by chicken legs.
Work it all, or don't do anything, faggot.
>>
File: tenor.gif (47 KB, 220x174)
47 KB
47 KB GIF
>>63918703
>>
>>63918657
post body
>>
>>63918709
I'de rather have this than tits
>>
Yeah sure okay kek a big chest, delts, arms and washboard abs is literally all you need to be aesthetic. Aesthetics are subjective but weak looking chests aren’t aesthetic to most people faggot.
>>
>>63918784
That's all you need to train if you want to look like a homosexual in a gay parade

Real men train back and legs before they worry about that shit
>>
>>63918792
training legs is cringe, you'll end up looking like a hamplanet
>>
>>63918703
Milkies.
>>
>>63918784
>>63918748
>>63918742
>>63918703
Cope you can't tell me this doesn't look better than your big titty boyfriends. You can clearly see his arms and shoulders are much more dominant than his chest. Doing enough overhead shoulder movements will get enough chest activation to achieve a chest like pic related but not turn it into tits.
>>
If I had a dime for every time some queermo thought they were reinventing the wheel and that they understand aesthetics better than anyone else by not training chest I’d probably have a couple bucks
>>
File: 15053770_121052288182.jpg (9 KB, 209x338)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>63918866
I think the whole body is important. Brad's chest looks great there. Not working out chest is going to make your physique look weird. You won't get a massive oversized chest unless you work your ass off for it so you don't have to worry about getting one magically.
>>
File: 1613617491541.jpg (87 KB, 640x425)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Your chest is used for throwing. In fact this is why upper body muscles are so desirable - your upper body muscles are fighting muscles, your lower body muscles are working muscles.
>>
>>63918866
He does not, if you want to be a twink quit the gym and go play with bars and pipes like your calisthenics homosexuals and might as well start your transition
>>
>>63918900
Now put a shirt on that guy and watch everybody ask him if he works out, kek
>>
>>63918866
>also posting a guy with good chest
Kill yourself retard
>>
>>63918900
OP here I think the problem is genetics. I have wide clavicles and a large chest area so any chest movement I do is naturally gonna incorporate more chest than front delt and triceps in comparison to people with smaller clavicles and a smaller chest area. So as a natural if I follow a regular program my chest progresses much quicker than my shoulders, also throw in the fact that I have very long arms and a large or even medium sized chest on me makes my shoulders look tiny and my arms like sticks. Unless I get on a lot of gear my chest will always overpower the other parts of my body unless I train it less.
>>
>>63918914
throwing is all core and arm
>>
File: 1596679443965.png (232 KB, 452x457)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>63918964
I've always thought it best to play to ones strengths and gifts rather than fight against them. People struggle to build good pecs even if they're on great gear.

>>63918939
It would be fairly visible.
>>
>>63918657
Google "climber hunchback" to see what your posture is in for.
>>
>>63918972
lol
>>
>>63919047
having a stronger back than chest will give you a hunchback?
>>
>>63918866
Bro wtf he still has a great chest here
>>
Is this going to be the new benchlet cope?
>e-enjoy your big tits
>it's not like I ever wanted to get to 2pl8 anyways!
>i-it looks bad
>>
>>63918914
Most power comes from your legs. Try standing in a forward facing position with neutral legs, and throw something. Then try it again while twisting with your legs and using hip drive and notice how much fucking further shit goes.
>>
File: 1283901095403.jpg (40 KB, 799x500)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>63918657
tell me youre a fatass with bitch titties without saying youre a fatass with bitch titties.
>>
>>63918914
Lower body, arms, and core are fighting muscles. Chest isn't as useful. In fact, you'll notice that chest tends to be the least developed muscle in muay thai fighters.
>>
>>63919019
Holy shit these guys look so much better than the v taper bullshit that started in the 80s
>>
>>63919180
Having shitty posture does that to you no matter how developed your back or chest is. Just keep a look out.
>>
>>63919394
what gives someone a shitty posture?
>>
File: 1631906464823.jpg (1.07 MB, 819x1273)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>63919373
feel free to go fridge mode if it makes you feel good anon. nobody is in control of your fitness goals except you.
or maybe V taper is more popular because it actually blows those pre roids aesthetics out of the water.
>>
>>63919709
Yeah I dunno, I guess I just have autistic tastes or something, but being fridge mode would make me feel powerful like a tree. V taper looks unnatural to me, like something that would get blown over.
>>
>>63918657
>A large chest is unaesthetic
>I fell for the chest meme and now my chest overpowers my arms and shoulders
So in fact, you fucked up moron
>I will now do no chest movements for the next six months and focus on shoulders, arms and back.
>I will look better than every single one of you here in six months.
>And yes I will also have more sex than you
Yeah, sure - keep telling yourself that faggot
If you even work out at all I give you about a week & you'll be back to playing WoW like a pussy
>>
File: 1378932792829.jpg (49 KB, 500x350)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>63919559
Staying at a position for a long time, relying on discs and ligaments (tissues that don't recover fast) rather than muscles for support etc. Good posture and form differs from what activity you're doing but a good habit to keep at is to change and move your body from time to time. It's why you shouldn't be sitting or standing for long periods that can strain the parts that is in use constantly without break. Pic related isn't bad if it's just for a while but will mess you up if done for excessively with the last one on the right being the least damaging against gravity and for your spine.
>>
>>63918703
Show me an "aesthetic" chest that is achievable natty. This is like saying bolt on tits are most aesthetic
>>
>>63918756
No one looks at your back
>>
>>63918866
This is the chest you get with 4 plate bench when you don't roid like Olympia
>>
>>63918657
I don't lift weights anymore, and don't do things because of women, but I remember when I used to lift my girlfriend pointed to this guy and said "I want your chest to be flat like his". heh. All these retards trying to do what girls want, and they don't even really know what it is they want. On a blind adventure to no where.
>>
>>63920208
your girlfriend is retarded
>>
>>63920202
Brad Pitt took a bunch of roids for that role and still never came anywhere close to benching 4 plates

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.