[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Running-with-Body-Armor.jpg (502 KB, 1200x628)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
Thoughts on running with weighted vest, ruck runs?
>>
>>63910850
>simulate the effects of obesity on your joints and bones
why are runners always so gay & retarded
>>
>>63910850
Nigger, why? You'll fuck your joints
>>
>>63910874
retard here
>>63910850
running actually strengthens your joints. If you are conscious about your ability, you can add weights responsibly.
>>
>>63910850
when I see people running with weights like that, I know they're going to quit soon and go back to chubbing out. Run with a pack if you're run commuting or if you're trail running and going out for hours, otherwise don't bother. You're just fucking your joints up and looking like a retard. You'll make yourself broke or nuts looking for a good pack to run with anyways.
>>
>>63910850
>Thoughts on running with weighted vest, ruck runs?
Pretty much required to effectively LARP as a Navy SEAL
>>
>>63910850
>thoughts

I dont think about it. Because I've been doing it for the past 4 fucking years. All it's done is fuck up my knees and make my lower back have a numb spot. I can't do squats with more than 115 on the bar anymore. I can't walk down a flight of stairs without considering each step. Every time I hit legs in the gym I have to take it easy on runs for the next few days or I could fuck my knee up even worse.

Joined army at 21. Turning 25 next month. Most of my pain comes from bad parachute landings and 12 mile qualification rucks. Take care of your joints, bros. You probably feel fine now, hopping around, trail running, squatting, jump lunges, pistol squats etc... just be fuckin careful. Your knees are not as strong as you think they are.
>>
You gotta work your way up and be really careful about your form. I do these because I have to; I'm working with the USFS next summer because part of my entry exam is a work capacity test. 3 miles in 45 minutes with 45 pounds. It's not too hard, I can already do it
>>
>>63912055
its always funny when people are like "ohh but its what the military does, it must be good"

its like, holy fuck no. the military does not give a single fuck about your long term health. they train you for short term combat ability and squeeze everything they can from you then show you the door.
>>
>>63912055
Look up kneesovertoesguy, the ATG splitsquat can help your knees tremendously.
Also the USA thanks you for your service, you're allowed to get bent now that you've done your job
>>
>>63912055
Lmao. Im in 3 but ive avoided ruck pts, we do have the occasional company/batt hike but theyre around 7-9 miles 60ish pund packs. Im 24 and lifting heavy every day during deploy has made me feel old now, prob wasn't doing it all correctly but fuckit. Knees are no problemo tho
>>
>>63910985
You are a mongloid.
If you want a challenge running, increase elevation or run hills instead of stimulating being a fatty.
>>
>>63910850
sledge push/pulls are better.
>>
>>63912055
u probably rucked wrong
bad footing, you shouldnt have blasted out your knees if you use good form
>>
>>63910860
This post is obviously not a runner...
>>63912055
Eh sounds pretty unlucky, most guys get out not too fucked. I personally never got injured rucking and i loved to run with a pack.
>>63910850
That being said, no OP don't run with weight if you dont have too, it's crap for you
>>
>>63915609
>most guys get out not too fucked.
Most guys are POGs. They get out with carpal tunnel from sitting in an air conditioned office in front of a computer all day.
>>
>>63910850
Just run faster, retard. That way you're not increasing the force on your knees by 100 newtons each time.
As a runner, you need to be careful with your joints cus they won't regenerate. You can train the muscles around your joints, thereby giving them cushion, but you need to seriously be careful not to damage the joint itself at all.
>>
>>63910850
Military does it because they have to.
Unless you're main goal is to get used to running with x amount of bullshit strapped to you, don't do it.
>>
>>63910850
run more or run faster
dont do this retarded shit.
>>
It isn't a meme, running really is hard on your joints if done long term, weighted running even more so. You can just add resistance to an exercise bike you know
>>
>>63917800
oh no you're gonna get rooners jumping at you to tell you actually umm rooning is like um... good for you.. and um... if you just roon more then you won't have any damage and um..... yeah.. if you did get damage then um... that's not because of the rooning its just um.... like because you did it wrong?
>>
Probably gonna demo your knees ankles and hips but if you don't care then go for it.
>>
>>63912217
This is not a run. Running is grounds for disqualification.
Running with weight is still silly
>>
File: 1632108017819.webm (1.67 MB, 368x640)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB WEBM
BROS

DO NOT DO WEIGHTED SQUATS

THEY WILL FUCK UP UR JOINTS!!!!!!

T. DISABLED CRIPPLE PUSSY BITCH

WEBM RELATED (IM IN THE BLACK SHIRT)
>>
Check some stuff about Emil Zatopek. He was known for unorthodox interval training techniques, running in army boots in snow and I believe even running with with his wife on his back. Absolute madman.
>>
>>63912227
ditto
unless masochist there's no reason to endure joints testing fodder meat is required to do
>>
>>63917832
running is good for your joints at a moderate volume. It starts to get bad for your joints if you increase volume too quickly (which most beginners do, because they want to be cool 5+runs per week people) or, if you run a very high amount of mileage 40+miles a week (training for marathons for example). Overall, if you're not long distance, or you are only amateur long distance, it is good for you.
>>
>>63920395
but they will, currently i'm doing 1 plate goblin squats until my quads are burning, about 40-50 in a set and never go down nor up completely, very slow
my joints approve and i'm quite happy with my legs
>>
>>63920534
yet to see an rooner that doesn't look like a fucking paraplegigic

u r wrong, there's a lot to running form and a lot mental fortitude required to upkeep it during running
most people roon because it's the only thing they know from PE classes that meets their goals (in their heads at least)
>>
>>63920459
>known for unorthodox interval training techniques, running in army boots in snow
is that why he looks 70-ish on picrel?
>>
>>63920581
Go to your local college track or cross country meet, or even high school cross country meet then. Amateur rooners are the equivalent of people who only do machines in the gym.
>>
>>63920596
He wasn’t really good looking and maybe the training did some more damage to his appearance but he was making seriously retarded faces while running. Still one of the best distance runners.
>>
>>63910850
>>>>/trash/
>>
>>63910850
Great if you hate having healthy joints
>>
>>63910850
Weighted vest running is really good if you're looking for an excuse to quit running but still save face. Fuck up your knees real bad then talk about how badass you are for over-training with a weighted vest.
>>
>>63910850
The only possible reason to do this is if you’re training for the infantry. Otherwise don’t do it
>>
>>63911167
This. Don’t do it anon. Weight vests are shit people do because they saw it in Dragon Ball Z or a shitty 80s movie. Nobody actually does it
>>
>>63910850
I would do it but someone would probably think I'm a cartel member or police so I would probably get shot.
>>
>>63910860
>why are runners always so gay & retarded
Because they get a degree and become commissioned officers in the us military
>>
>>63912227
>the military does not give a single fuck about your long term health
This. I lost my position nearly instantly doing some officer good idea pt then they got mad about how slow my recovery was taking as an older individual
>>
>>63920372
I'm aware of that, but the OP mentioned the word ruck and the first thing I thought of was the pack test I have to do. Not that rucking is good for your knees anymore than weighted running is, anyway. It has seemed to help me increase my regular mile time though even though I wasn't training for that
>>
>>63910850
>running
Absolutely retarded and won't improve running performance at all
>walking
Good idea but you'll look autistic.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.