[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1631655663688.jpg (45 KB, 707x350)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
30+ thread
How you lads doing?
>>
File: trekfit_gym.jpg (887 KB, 1920x1443)
887 KB
887 KB JPG
>>63502844
Doing good, turned the big 4-0 early tihs year and still getting /fit/. Wish I'd started 20 years ago, having a great time of it, even when days are tough.

Love my Trekfit gym to bits (but everyone knows that by now, right?)
>>
File: 1612820374647.jpg (36 KB, 750x742)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>37 in two weeks
>Marriage in three weeks
>Complete wagecuck, working 50 hours + a week in hospitals
>Constantly tired
>Sleep like shit
>That 'cowlick' is now a full fledged baldspot
>Getting grey hair in what is left
>Have no interest in sex or having children
>Having issues with constipation and going for a crap
>Just want to play Vidya and go to the gym 5 x a week
>Just hit 3.5 bench, been stuck on 2plate squats due to hip issues .(probably arthritis)

Getting old is suffering.
>>
>>63502844
It's 11pm and I've just woken up.
My wife is back on Friday after visiting her mother for a week, but because I don't have her moaning in my ear every second my sleep schedule has basically reverted back to when I was 14.
I've got to clean the oven but keep putting it off.
But I'm doing well I guess?
>>
>>63503049
Holy fuck man congrats on the bench but do you look like johnny bravo with that bench squat ratio?
>>
>>63503049
> Getting old is suffering

Because you made your own life shit, what the fuck are you complaining about?
>>
>>63502844
Doing quite well thanks for asking, just wanted to tell you that the sign you posted in the OP means "strictly less than 30" have a nice day retard
>>
>>63503035
How do you find your 40s? I found a lot of my mindset in life changed in the last year or two leading up to turning 30
>>
>>63503152
Only 9-ish months into 40 so far, have to say despite all the insanity and depressing authoritarian dystopia around, probably never felt better. Have way more good days than bad since getting a workout routine set.

Went through some genuine long-lasting grief at having wasted a lot of my life up until recently. The getting /fit/ was the catalyst that made everything better. YMMV, but it's like I finally have a purpose that nobody could take away.

Back at you, anon. What do you think you learned around the time you turned 30?
>>
>>63502844
Make six figures now
Almost the skinniest I've been since high school, only 20 pounds to go and I'll be a lean fit lad
Despite society being on fire, my life is quite nice
Once I get fit I'll start plowing through college freshmen
>>
Waiting for the manifestation of the miracle I asked God for, that's basically all I look forward to nowadays.
>>
File: 1618079821401.jpg (78 KB, 900x859)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>63502844
32. Still a NEET. Gonna turn it around this year bros. Applying for jobs.
>>
>>63503136
Irony is delicious
>>
File: July-16th-2018-Thumbnail.jpg (1.06 MB, 1920x1080)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>63503087
Pretty much, I've got slightly better proportions than Derek. Ive got a 52" chest and 18" arms, my legs are shit in comparison but I'm working on it
>>
>>63503152
Meh, freudian slip on OP's part perhaps. We'd all *like* to be under 30...
>>
>>63503307
My hope is that when you die you get to relive a period of your life over and over again forever. I'm going to choose 13-18.
>>
My gf is late on her period and i'm turning 30 tommorow. I don't want kids bros... I still have some gains to make
>>
>>63503311
Good luck my guy
>>
>32
>wagecuck, planning on becoming self-employed
>running, kickboxing, lifting
>feel great physically
>climbed my first several 4000-4500 m peaks in the Alps easily, which felt great and was my peak experience this year

also
>2 hours good training
>looking down the side of the stairs right afterwards, feeling I should finally jump
>now at home, calmly eating my oats
couldn't outgrow loneliness so far
>>
File: fit.jpg (872 KB, 3865x2991)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
>>63503049
>>That 'cowlick' is now a full fledged baldspot

Iktfb
>>
>>63502844
been a week off of lifting but i had a good run, pushed some PRs. was up until 6am nearly attempting suicide a few times, couldn't tell gf because i didn't want to make her worry. she's been through enough. things dont seem to get better and im running very thin these days.
>>
>>63503049
>>Complete wagecuck, working 50 hours + a week in hospitals
are you vaxxed bro?
>>
File: E_QY_VHWEAA_2Vs.jpg (306 KB, 750x1228)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>63502844
>How you lads doing?
32. fell for the learn a trade meme in my 20s and im kinda penniless right now but i've been starting a new career so maybe that works out. haven't had a gf in 9 years. im completely clueless as about how or where to approach a girl as a proper adult. and i've have serious erectile dysfunction for 2 years now. but im in the best shape of my life. deciding to stop working construction did wonders for my mood, health and body condition.
>>
falling apart
slowly dying
>>
>>63502844
Hit peak numbers earlier this month at 35 years old and still going. I laugh at the 23 year old kids who think they're "too old". Harder and takes more time sure, but you just gotta do it.
>>
>31
>was training 5 days a week before my country's government cucked the gym
>big compounds 3 days weekly
>accessory lifts between those days
>BJJ 5 days
>muay thai
>wrestling
>just always fucking training
>getting mires from kickboxing girls
>getting respect from other bros in the gym
>spiritually unified
>physically better than I have ever been
>mentally at peace
>looking forward to finding a quality girl and starting a family overseas away from my garbage country
Look all things considered life is good and only the government fuckery is interfereing
Also have more hair than ever, just to dab on the baldbros ITT
>>
>>63503049
>Getting old is suffering.
I'm the same age as you, I'd hardly call it "old". When you're 50 getting old will be suffering. Tired of seeing people larping as being "old" when they're still in their 30s, hold onto your youth for as long as you can and take your opportunities because when it's gone it'll be fucking gone. Take care of yourself man.
>>
40 here
>wife is feminist but nothing I can't handle
>2 year old son is basedAF
>working from home fulltime due to China Plague so spending all my free time with son and lifting
>working 2hrs a day max (union Big Gov job)
>no injuries from lifting, no slowdown
can't complain too much, biggest issue physically is I dont shed weight as fast as I could in 20s& early 30s
>>
>>63503710
>biggest issue physically is I dont shed weight as fast as I could in 20s& early 30s
This is nonsense brah
You're just eating too much. Getting old doesn't mean you transcend thermodynamics
It worked on Kokoda Trail
It'll work for you
>>
>>63503625
Construction is a meme trade. Learn a proper one like sparky or plumber
>>
>>63503689
Maybe "old" is an exaggeration but I feel old as fuck compared to many going to my gym and even on here.

Certainly relative to my early 20s and teens I feel I've lost that 'spark' of youth.
>>
>>63503745
Getting jaded is a right of passage.
>>
>>63502844
Not great. I saw myself on my new ring. Ive been fasting and losing weight consistently but the process isnt instant(much the same the enlardening) and im dejected. Luckily i managed to cook for my two munchkins without breaking my rolling 48 fast. Seeing myself walking and stooping to pick up a package at my front porch as i got home from work has kinda fucked me in the head. Im more motivated but that doesnt make it feel better.
>>
>>6350372
correct: I am eating too much

but it's less than what I used to eat by far. I would eat a whole McDonalds combo almost daily, many times 2 of them. And lots of ice cream. And never had any weight issues

ive only recently had to keep track of what I'm eating, I used to just EAT. It might be working from home as well, I'm getting in a lot less walking around for sure.

I've never been obese though and still look good in clothes, but I could def lose 10lbs
>>
>>63503035
calisthenics parks are so unbelievably based

unironically considering quitting lifting/gym. I have a lot of calisthenics stuff at home and there's a park within biking distance
>>
I tore my psoas two years ago diddlylifting 400+ for reps and at 31 I still feel it some days.
>>
>>63503742
>Construction is a meme trade.
you have no idea. waking up in the dead of night cold as fuck to drive 40 minutes to the middle of nowhere and start hammering -still in the dead of night- along with the nicest but dumbest co workers you'll ever know, for 10 hours a day, 6 hours a week be it drizzle, wind or snow until your hands are so worn out you literally start losing sensation, for clients that are never satisfied and try their best to avoid paying you, all that while constantly inhaling some unhealthy dust and the best part is that you are so hungry, there's not enough time in the day to eat. all that for pennies because the job is not stable at all and you can go for days and weeks doing nothing. but the funniest thing is that since i left all that and tried to start anew, my anxiety has gotten so bad that i pretty much completely lost my ability to get erections. lol
>>
>>63502844
At 32 I kicked a decade long alcohol binge that ended last may. I was 344 pounds until this January where I took the /fast/ pill and now i'm down to 215 pounds. I run 5 miles every other day and ride my bike and I feel better than I have in many many years. Still have 30 more pounds to go. WAGMI.
>>
>>63503844
Congrats anon. I'm glad you didn't fall for the "Fat Acceptance" trend that worthless losers are trying to force. I know you'll get rid of the rest.
>>
File: gigachad.png (239 KB, 578x601)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>63503844
Outrageously based. I'm not worthy, Anon-sama. I kneel
>>
>>63503654
Dude, we are all going to die one day. Be thankful that you're alive today and make the most out of it. Keeping fit will give you more years to enjoy.
>>
BIG DOG HERE,
LIFE BEGINS AT 30,
RIGHT LADS?
>>
>>63503892
This decade has already been the funnest most rewarding decade of my life so far. And there's still many years left to go before I hit 40.
>>
>>63503908
I feel the same way. This is the perfect age for 18-19yo puss. They're too attractive for awkward ass teen boys
>>
File: 1625858366227.jpg (175 KB, 900x840)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>63503871
>>63503877
Thanks guys. Quitting the alcohol was the biggest thing, but just finding some kind of purpose in my life is what really knocked me out of my slump. I'm doing a 10 mile tough mudder next year and I can't wait. Hope everyone in this thread has a great life and I wish you all the best.
>>
>>63503673
Anybody saying "too old" under 30 is just having massive cope for trying something new and difficult. 35 is where it all starts to fall apart if you haven't been trying to stay healthy.
>>
>>63502844
About to turn 25 in a few months and feel like I'm pissing away my golden years.

Any advice?
>>
File: kneecrack.jpg (56 KB, 1188x675)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
My knees feel fine but when I squat or bend them all the way there is a crunching noise. How do I get it to stop? I told the doctor and she just brushed me off. I mentioned it started one day at work at the beginning of the year and she immediately became suspicious. "This can't be used to get disability. I wouldn't worry." fucking cunt. Just tell me how do I fix it. Anyone else know what is wrong and how to fix it? 31 years odl here.
>>
>>63503923
Piss them away
>>
>33
>comfy WFH job
>nice apartment
>/fit/ 25 year old girlfriend
>a little bit out of shape but nothing too bad
>almost a full head of hair thanks to finasteride
>don't lift
>crypto investments and plan to /make it/

Life is good
>>
>>63503923
My advice is to get over it. I'm 35 and I don't give two fucks, it's mostly a state of mind. Start training now so when you hit 35 you're still in decent shape.

>>63503922
The past of what you ate will come back to haunt you if you're not already training by then. You should be more or less fine if you hit 35 and been keeping I'm shape years prior at least.
>>
>>63503912

32 here in a 9-year relationship that is about to blow op.

How would you fellow boomers even converse with a teenager? The thought alone makes me cringe. I’m gonna aim for the 26-29 bracket so I can start a family before im close to 40
>>
>>63503806
Definitely give it a shot anon. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sometimes everybody there is very srsbzns and it's a bit intimidating when you're a noob being mogged every day, but it's lighter when women and/or kids show up or two+ bros come there and chat with one another. Also inspiring to see the bros who've been doing cali a long time do crazy tough shit.
>>
>>63502844
>How you lads doing?
Day after day, death draws nearer still.
>>
File: download (11).jpg (7 KB, 300x168)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>63504010
>>
File: pepe_crying.png (259 KB, 734x506)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>63503998
>keeping in shape years prior

Well, that's what I already didn't do, warning younger anons now.
>>
>>63504017
I have a powerlifter BMI but I can do 15 pullups and probably 30 dips. If I get skinny, oh man, sky's the limit

also I have a sandbag for posterior chain. I...might do it. I really might
>>
>>63503923
quit drinking the day you turn 30.
>>
>>63503964
not sure what youd expect the Doc to tell you, you know what's bothering your knees. if you want to continue injuring them that's your executive decision.

my advice? go with leg extensions. they work just fine for many
>>
File: 1621958034261.jpg (248 KB, 800x1200)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>63503611
Nah man, don't do that.
>>
>>63503985
How do I make it with crypto?
>>
>>63503611
How you gonna end it? Why you gonna end it? How old are you?
>>
>>63504134
Load up on decent alts during bear and snibby markets. Wait.

Here’s one for you. UBT. Look at their CONA, ServiceNow, EY, etc partnerships
>>
>>63504112
I don't work at that job anymore. I don't know what's wrong. Why is it crunching? Do leg extensions fix it? Why?
>>
>33
>hated working so much I quit once I made enough off crypto to fund a minimalist lifestyle indefinitely a few years ago
>got my own place, a car and expenditures only like 800-1000 bucks a month
>spend my days playing vidya, going to the gym and going for bike rides/hikes
>basically 0 contact with women but I go to an asian massage parlor every once in a while to calm my urges
Feeling pretty based about my life, I was always a lazy fuck so having 0 responsibilities is the best possible outcome for me. I can't be fucked dealing with women and my genes are rather sub-par so I don't mind not having kids either.
>>
>>63504134
you don't its a scam,all of it,they all say they make money they never say what they lose,invest in something else
>>
>>63504165
Dont listen to this midwit btw
>>
>>63503611
What's wrong? How'd you try and do it?
>>
>>63504010
Im 30 and bang 21 year olds pretty often, but theh often dont want a long term relationship, so the age group you are planning on targeting is probably best.
>>
>>63504145
Cracking joints is completely normal.
>>
File: 1507491067514.png (184 KB, 500x377)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>63504144
>>
>42 years old
>try to squat or diddly
>collapse from dizziness and workout is over
Never get old lads.
>>
File: 1.jpg (28 KB, 400x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>63502844
>age 26
>320lb KHHV college dropout NEET
>age 31
>200lbs, engaged, about to leave the military for a $90k/year job with great career prospects
>12k in student debt though which sucks (most of it subsidized until 2024). no regrets though. I spent a bunch of money on travelling because I'd spent the ages of 22-27 just sitting in my room playing videogames.
>very stressed out because I've never had this much going on in my life before. It's all good things though.
>>
>>63504182
I have 14 properties i rent out that if sold vary from 125k to 180k each, keep your daft internet money, it is good for fuck all,
crypto is a scam to take money off the stupid and gullible like yourself
>>
>>63504207
So just everyone or for people who are older?
>>
>>63504226
Okay and how did you get 14 properties and how old are you jackass

Most peoples wages can’t keep up with asset inflation and they have to go into the one high growth investment that is easily available for a start unless they want to wage slave forever. It’s what it is now
>>
>>63504145
try not squatting and doing leg extensions instead for a month, see if that helps your knees to stop crunching
>>
>>63504226
>I have
more like
>I inherited
>>
>>63504210
What’s wrong homer?
>>
File: 1592302053189.jpg (29 KB, 400x400)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>63504281
I got left a relatives house 19 years ago which I borrowed against to buy a 3 more, done up and rented out, once a chunk is paid off, borrow against and buy more etc, i am 44
>>
>>63504226
>125k property
What third world shithole do you live?
Crypto is the next internet. Do you even know what a smart contract is? There's more beyond Bitcoin and Doge.
>>
Not great. I’m here after all
>>
>>63504340
you do what might work for you and I will continue with what has worked for me, money makes money, remember that
>>
>>63504332
>bro just inherit a massively inflated asset lmao

Fuck off.
>>
>33
>Wife just turned 30
>Trying to buy first home but DC market is absurd
>Gym takes more out of me but still enjoy it
>Dieting takes more discipline
Overall it's not bad.
>>
>>63504366
>money makes money, remember that
You say that like it's some profound thing. You inherited property and just increased your wealth. Your advice is worthless to people who don't inherit anything. You could have just thrown your money in an index fund for 20 years and still made profit. You have no valuable experience to pass down to others. If you lost everything you wouldn't be able to make it back and you would die poor.
>>
31. Fat but been cutting and lifting for 1+ month. It’s a start. My life is a mess. I have no idea how to turn around my professional life. I got a shit hand bros, I really did. But I’m taking it one day at a time. I’m running out of chances. If I even have one left. Pray for me.
>>
>>63504474
There's only as many chances as you let yourself have. "You can only mog your past self."
>>
>>63504442
was making a point about crypto being shit for the vast majority of people. i have lot of debt. you could loan a large sum of money and invest in something to make more money, that is the principle. it doesn't matter anyway, i could have chosen not sell, it could have gone wrong, you say it like it is easy, go for it yourself
>>
File: DpefYMbUcAAdR-Y.jpg (95 KB, 800x945)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>got on /fit/ 30+ thread
>most fags be married with jobs
get out pls
>>
>>63504428
Based and DC-pilled. Wife and I were living in Alexandria but gave up on that shithole. Moved out to western Loudoun. Still some good ol' boys left around here luckily although the school system is getting pozzed beyond belief but a few wins lately/
>>
>33
>feel like dog shit everyday
>stopped gyming because of the lockdown bullshit
>body feels like broken glass
>vaping nicotine is getting me up in the morning
>sit on my ass on pc all day
>think about hanging myself lately, no wife, no job, no real friends
>living with parents again want to kms
>>
>recently started new job and getting good money
>actually got a gf for the first time in my life
>got first kiss
>grabbed boobs for first time
>fingered pussy for the first time (which was kinda funny)
>go out all the time and have a blast
>she's fun to chat with and has a good job
>big tits, nice ass
>parents, siblings and friends love her
>HOWEVER
>hardly ever have time to lift now
I'm trying to change my sleep schedule to lift in the morning since most afternoons are taken up but fuck me man it's hard to shift. Unfortunately planning to wake up early means I don't lift in the afternoon, and too often I'm not actually able to get up in the morning so I miss my time to lift. Anyone here lift in the morning have any advice for getting up earlier?
>>
>>63502844
I'm alright . Turning 32 hit me hard this year has been fucky.
>>
>>63504566
Loudon is nice but both of our firms are in DC so it'd just be too far. Looking at DC/Arlington/Alexandria.
>>
File: 1630244295646.jpg (290 KB, 1278x1230)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>63503844
>>
>>63504608
you can't have it all m8
>>
>>63504539
Your point hinges on fucking inheriting a 150k property to start with
Most people inherit debt ffs
>>
>>63504340
>Crypto is the next internet
>"Value" literally came from convincing dumb boomers to blow Junior's inheritance on virtual magic beans
>"Value" jumps massively after Elon "This Will Be a Laugh" Musk buys shitloads of it
>"Value" peaks right around here
>Elon "Dudes Watch This LMAO" Musk sends out a tweet that's basically "feeling cute might sell my bitcoin, dunno, might delete this later lol"
>"Value" instantly starts to plummet
>Already at the point of diminishing returns anyway

I mean you can keep coping if you like, but shitcoin and the rest of crypto is literally just 21st century tulip bulbs and zoomer beanie babies.
If you wanted to make money off it, then you're about 6 years too late (more if we're talking about buying low selling high and not just selling high).
>>
>>63504757
>I get all my news and base my entire worldview about something from fucking Twitter headlines

K
>>
>>63504757
Most of those arguments apply to real estate too you dumb fucking boomer
>>
Turned 30 a month ago. It's going okay. Cut way back on drinking. Dropped smoking. Been running 5k a few times a week and lifting.

Work has been absolute shit though. Crazy hours. Today was 6am to 10pm, so had to skip a run. Constantly against the clock and stressed. Applying like hell to anything. Picked up my guitar and practiced, it had been so long, my fingers had weird pains for a few days. I've always thought, there's no point of working of you can' enjoy life. Work 9am or earlier to late late night is a gains and life goblin. My job is sedentary and pays like shit so there's simply no benefit to this. Don't complain, get a new job!
>>
>>63504757
lmao @ this FUD
stay strong marine
keep accumulating
>>
>31
>Lifted in early to mid 20's, getting back into it again
>Stronger every time I go to the gym, expect to hit PRs in a year
>Also stronger than I ever was at my current weight
>Good job, work with cool people
>Good traditional wife

But

>High blood pressure, despite regular exercise and eating clean
>Maybe I should do more cardio and kiss my gains goodbye
>I start to feel envy when I see other people my age or younger/poorer with their kids
>>
turned 36, starting to get skinnyfat, had to bite the bullet and come here and figure myself out or im gonna turn into a misshapen freak
>>
>>63505081
Don't lose weight too quickly. That is all.

t. seen enough "loose skin wat do" threads to know
>>
File: Lu Xiaojun.jpg (58 KB, 1024x683)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>37
>Won gold medal in Olympics

WAGMI
>>
File: pepe_wat_u_say.jpg (5 KB, 224x225)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>63505186
Those legs...
>>
>>63505186
the natty king
>>
>>63505186
the steroids haven't been kind to his dick
>>
>>63503923
Get busy living or get busy dying. The choice is yours
>>
About to turn 30
>good career (software dev) but underpaid and can't really seem to do better
>all my friends from college who are in their mid 20s outearn me and I feel like a loser when I look at how well they do
>realize could've been worse
>everyone thinks I do well with women because I have with dgaf attitude and sometimes have women hit on me but I haven't had sex in over 10 years
Ultimately, I have been my worst enemy throughout my entire 20s. Made a lot of mistakes, and suffered from some consequences that were out of my control yet I was a victim of. My goal for my 30s is to clear my heart of whatever envy or hatred I have been feeling to justify my misfortune. I want to be done with competing against everyone around me. Hope my 30s would be better.
>>
>>63504608
Yeah, get up earlier. I used to wake up at 345 so I could be outside lifting at 415 once fully awake to finish lifting by 530, shower, breakfast, and out the door at 630, work at 7. You're the one who wants to make it work, make it work. Everything else is an excuse because you're fat and lazy.
>>
>>63504340
>Crypto is the next internet
laughinggirls.png
>>
>>63504611
based fellow DC brahs
>>
>>63504539
I'm doing fine myself. Will probably hit $1m networth by the end of the year thanks to crypto.
>u say it like it is easy, go for it yourself
It is easy if you start with a $200k inheretence when you're 20. You'd have to be a complete moron to not become a millionaire with that type of gift.
>>
>>63504752
It doesn't he literally told you how to make money, you can put yourself in debt and make a gamble like he did with his inheritance, but it's not easy to make that kinda money with one property inheritance.
>>63505672
>It is easy if you start with a $200k inheretence when you're 20. You'd have to be a complete moron to not become a millionaire with that type of gift.
So his advice still stands, you're sobbing about not being handed life on a golden platter, he got a lump sum of one house and turned it into a networth over what you can potentially get. Instead of taking the information and doing what he said to make your own money wiht the crypto and expand your investments, you are instead kvetching that he had it easy, when you could use that advice and possibly double your money or more, you already said how easy it is with an index fund, why not do both with your soon to be million 200k in an index, another 200+ on a property or two,

I mean it's easy right? Anybody can do it, right?
>>
>>63502844
19 year old here, my life is literally over
>>
>>63506095
Coming from someone almost twice your age, if you have that attitude, yeah, your life is pretty much over.
>>
>>63506095
When I was 19 I was working in retail and fucking girls
What the fuck are you doing with your life?
>>
>>63502844
47 here, doing quite well. Health is great, still strong but a bit chubby (gotta peel off about 20-25 lbs. to get back to where I'm happy with my physique, but that can be done during the winter when I have more free time), sold my company this year and will have a nice solid net worth to complete my withdrawing from society so I can just hang with the wife and focus on self-improvement and learning new shit for being more self-sustainable.
It could always be worse. I could be like my friends who are all fat, balding, married to angry twats, and all that sort of shit.
If my old broken down ass can still squat 405x10 as easily as I did this week, you too can make it even when you're near the half century mark.
>>
>>63506095
At your age, I believed I'd be dead by my late 20s. At 23 I actually gave it a good go by drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels and chasing it down with a half full bottle of valium.
Ended up with the worst hangover I ever had, and realized, life was far from over, everything changed from that time on.
You can make it if you believe you can make it.
>>
>>63503049
Why would you get married if you don’t want to sex or have kids and only want to play video games?
>>
35 year old guy, programmer for a well known game developer. Fucked up and stopped lifting during pandemic but I'm now devoting so much of my life to fitness and I've never been happier. Cutting pandemic fat right now with great progress and will bulk up once I hit less than 10% body fat. Just gotta stay optimistic and never give up. Goal is to get there by Dec 31st.
>>
>>63506095
Imagine how pathetic you'll be when you're in your 30s.
>>
>everyone on /fit/ in their 30s or 40s is some ultra wealthy chad
>>
>>63506239
You'll make it, anon.
>>
>>63506309
You fail to understand that many who are drawn to places like /fit/ and /pol/ are autists who excel at things that make money.
Shit, I built what was the largest and most-awarded company in my niche industry with ZERO knowledge of how any of it worked purely through trial-and-error and fucking up a whole lot until I got the formula right.
That, and my hatred for my competitors helped me mop the floor with them in every war of attrition until I was the only one left standing.
Then, my industry gained a fuckton of attention from (((people wanting to make shekels))) and after watching a company with about $40 mil in backing come in who would have eventually chopped me down, I found it better to sell off and enjoy the next decades of my life. Passion for my field was gone anyway, so I'll be taking that money and saying fuck it to needing to be part of anything I don't want to be involved with from here on out.
>>
>>63506309
I make six figures, BUT I live in California where that's considered lower middle class. I don't own a home and pay thousands monthly for a 1 bedroom. Looking to take my savings and leave one day.
>>
>>63506371
>6 figures for a single person is lower middle class in california
shut the fuck up you blabbering autist. yeah, you're practically destitute. im sure you can barely afford food and recreational activities.
>>
>>63506383
Calm down, I can afford shit but it's considered lower middle class. I didn't set the margins my county goes by and with houses costing nearly a million with 20% down payment fuck no I can't afford that.
>>
>>63506412
please show me where 6 figures (and im sure you mean 150 or even 200k) for a single person is "lower middle class"
>>
>>63506309
It's not that weird for a man in his 30s to have his shit together (at least financially). Most college-educated men are already financially stable by their mid to late 20s when they graduate.
>>
>>63506423
Depends on the city.
If you live in Chicago, $150k is lower middle class because everything is about 30-50% more expensive than any other city in Illinois.
Your dollar NEVER goes that far in leftist shitholes. $100k where I live gets you WAY more than $150k in LA, NYC, etc. That's how it works. To not know this means you either live in one of those cities and don't understand how much cheaper it is to not live in them, or, you've never been to one and had your jaw drop when you see it'll cost you $35-$40 just to park your car in a public lot for the day.
>>
>>63506423
https://grow.acorns.com/amp/us-cities-where-you-need-to-make-the-most-money-to-be-middle-class/

I make 110k annually and live in the San Jose area where you need 96k to be considered middle class and 288k to be considered upper class and I'm on the lower end of that margin.

I don't blame you if you didn't believe these numbers at first, but that's California for you.
>>
>>63506309
> someone working for 20 years has more money than a kid right out of school
Shocking, I know.
>>
File: 1577774958015.jpg (437 KB, 840x854)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>Occasionally lift with a group of 20 sometimes
>At the counter when we finish
>They start talking about the sex they've had with different women and what they did
>I'm going to be 32 in a month and have never so much as had a gf
>I'm stronger and bigger than all of them

There's no way there isn't some unseen force in the universe that caused this for its own amusement.
>>
>>63506543
*20 somethings
>>
Not 30 but turn 30 in a few months. I have gone literally nowhere and done absolutely nothing with my life. not one single thing. My entire life has been a waste. I've always been miserable, but the past 5-6 months have been extremely bad with me being distraught most days over how I've ruined my life and wanting to kill myself every single day, and despite being this distraught, still having no motivation to make the smallest changes to better myself because I feel completely hopeless and see no point to any of it.

I really can't believe what I've done.
>>
>>63506604
start now. what do you want to do?
>>
File: 1598911611944.jpg (137 KB, 640x504)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>63506604
It's never too late, anon.
But, it can only change if you stop throwing all your useful energy away on hating yourself for no good reason.
Lots of people got a late start and made it. Loot at it this way - what the fuck do you have to lose by doing the OPPOSITE of what you're currently doing?
That was part of how I turned my shit around - I realized that if I had nothing to lose, why the fuck not take risks on shit that could actually make my life better?
It's how I found a wife, got into my own biz, got /fit/, and found a reason to get up every morning. You can do it as well, but not until you stop pitying yourself for wasting time pitying yourself. After all, if you're ready to die, why the fuck not try living for once and see what happens? Can't be any worse than it is now, can it?
>>
>>63504608
There’s nothing that will make waking up when it’s completely early and dark easy but for me these things help:
-try not to snooze or snooze only once
-go to bed earlier. Really try to get at least 8 hours of sleep
-make Wednesday a rest day where you’re allowed to sleep in (but only by about half an hour to 45 min. You don’t want to break your consistency (except weekend where you can sleep in). This really helps me survive the 5 day work week grind knowing I have a day in the middle where I can sleep in a little bit
-music helps me wake up once I’m up
-no alcohol day before
Good luck anon
>>
I'm 38 and confronting all the uneducated choices I made in my 20's . For example, I am paying max child support (65%) for the next 12 years. I live in my car because rent for a 1 bedroom is $1100/month and I have about $70 leftover lol. I'm not going to make it, maybe my kids will.
>>
File: 1620138714564.png (149 KB, 773x441)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>just turned 31
>still a night wagie despite finishing bachelors degree in spring
>have lolroommates so I can live comfortably and not paycheck to paycheck
>former vidya addict but it no longer interests
>let hulu/netflix expire last year and don't miss them
>if I ever get hired for "normal" job I plan to spend weekends being /out/ more on trails and shit
>was literal doughboy this time last year and for entire life before that
>much improved now although still not great, would get memed if i posted in /cbt/
>gym every day, alternate push/pull/roon
>catch the occasional mire but never do anything with it
>sperg therefore no social drive
>don't have friends, don't want them
>haven't had relationship in 6 years but probably for the best, I don't play well with others for some reason
>have thought about children and how I would try to raise them but still not sure if I would be a good parent or if sperg genes should be passed on at all
>wondering if it's over/ever really began >simultaneously not really caring either way
oh well
>>
>>63506343
give me a mill bro, with your kinda cash I woulda probably tried to open a gun shop in a non shithole state.
>>63506383
>shut the fuck up you blabbering autist. yeah, you're practically destitute. im sure you can barely afford food and recreational activities.
Not him, but I live in another jewtopia citysewer 6 figures where I live means you can afford maybe a shitty one bedroom house, but if you have any (((student debt))) or debt at all, you're living hand to mouth in a shitty apartment, or a decent apartment in a decent area of town with no ammenities or room.

Like, a studio or close to it is a couple thousand a month there, or 1.5k before you do utilities, food, gas, etc.
>>
>>63506636
I'm the same way as him, I don't want to kill myself, but I'm trapped here in my life. I lift with dumbells 4 days out of the week, and while I've got talents, I can't make money with them, don't really have options since I've got no money, it's a terrible thing being stuck in teh same spot for years and watching everybody else get success, wives, kids, etc.
>>
>>63506309
wealth accumulates over time if you're a man
>>
Pretty good
Just got back from run club practice
Ran over 10 miles. I run 30 a week now.
Started less than half a year ago.
Half a year ago I weighed 35 pounds more - now I’m down to 18-16% body fat
Hired a personal trainer yesterday (my form sucks, we’re gonna fix it)
Chowing down on a huge salad and will have a pint of oatmeal ice cream before going to bed
Just got a girl’s number from my run club, we’re gonna run together sometime
Work is ok, I’m interviewing for another job so I can get a $60,000 raise
Family moved out of state so it’s my first time being on my own
Sometimes I’m lonely but I’m reaching out to friends more and more now since I can’t fall back on my family
I’m going bald but I’m leaner than ever so it’s balancing out
Overall things are good, thanks for asking
>>
>>63502844
35. Fine.
Good
>lifting with my son everyday
>coaching his soccer team
>married 13 years
>own a company

Bad
>still fat
>employees often drive me insane
>family members having issues
>wife obsessing over covid

Though to be honest on the last point her brother is in the ICU because of that shit so it's a bit more reasonable now.
>>
>>63507056
>>still fat
Fork putdowns and spoon refusals xF
>>
>>63507056
My Buddy and his wife don’t see eye to eye on politics and covid
His friend groups don’t either
I’d hate to be in his shoes
>>
>>63502844

Im 35. Life in general is fine, good job, married to a wife with big tits, people like me. All fine I guess. But lifting isn't what it was in my early 20s. I used to get results with workouts that werent that long. Now I have to lift longer for results that arent as good. I last longer in bed. That's about the only advantage I have on my younger self
>>
I’m 34 and mog all of /fit/ because everyone here is either roiding or bald and you can’t mog someone who’s natural and has a full head of hair
>>
>>63506621
>start now. what do you want to do?
i have no idea. i have no goals, motivations, aspirations, and barely any interests at all. i have a pathetic embarrassing job but i honestly have no clue what to even look for if i quit. not to sounds edgy but "what i want to do" is go to sleep and not wake up
>>63506636
>do the opposite, why not try living for once
i honestly have no idea what to even do. i dont even know where to start. im so beaten down and so far behind that i cant even fathom what i need to do to turn things around.
>>
>>63507238
Didn't you get enough (You)s yesterday with this pic?
Brother do something constructive with your time instead
>>
>>63502844
How you lads doing?
>35.
>new job, +33% money
>no savings
>still autist/ADHD (realized at 33 and had a revelation about my entire twenties)
>moderately in shape (aka dyel), but average good in health
>still no chance of own flat or car, just rent.
>for 7 ys no girl in any kind
>constant anxiety about whatever progress I make it's already late.
>no balding, 6 feet tall.
I rate it 3.6. Not good, not terrible.
>>
>>63507293
>>still autist/ADHD (realized at 33 and had a revelation about my entire twenties)
what revelation did you have
>>
>>63507266
No I need to mog again
>>
>>63507304
That all of my fails and mistakes was becouse of that. Thet it was not my personality which I held onto but a disorder. And I am not unique but mentally ill.
>>
>>63505221
He is just chinese
>>
>>63506636
Blessed post
>>
34 and im tired being on my own. im thinking about moving in back with my parents. i suppose they will be disappointed that i failed to find someone to be with but they know i tried. this summer i spent 2 weeks there and it was serene. i forgot how it is to have someone in your life.
>>
>>63502844
great actually. im more mentally stable. i have finally reached the point in my career where i'm not living in poverty. paid off my student loans, my car, and i'm about to buy a house.
i'm in a much better spot than i was 10 years ago.
>>
>>63506072
U mad?
>>
>>63506543
>>I'm stronger and bigger than all of them
lol i feel you bro. you can't out lift your own mental issues.
>>
>>63507238
I can't beleive somebody would be this wrong and egotistical while also posting face, do it again with a timestamp and prove you're this pathetic.
>>
>>63508265
lol that pic's been in several threads the last few days, in several different contexts
>>
>>63508293
I know, I also know there's a couple of whachjobs stealing pics and pretending to be other anons for (you)s, always ask for a timestamp.
>>
>>63502844
decent. Im 31

started lifting again after being inactive since runner's knee ended my 50 km a week routine a couple of years back. have decided to accept getting bigger

got married this weekend which is great. feels weird living in another apartment though

job is good in salary and benefits and requires no effort at all, but its stupid and boring so Im desperately looking for new

all in all: good with the prospect of getting better soon
>>
>>63502844
I'm 28 now and my buddy who is over 30 saud that once you hit 30 nobody cares about helping you out anymore

Is that true?
>>
>>63508408
I think the general consensus at this age is that you should be able to take care of yourself. Obviously that isn't the case all the time given we're still humans and all but I feel like people subconsciously just expect us to be entirely self sufficient
>>
>>63508408
Nobody cared about helping me out even when I was a teenager. You've only got yourself to depend on in this world.
>>
>>63508457
I am self sufficent, but it seems like people are still nice to me because im young. Either getting the benefit of the doubt or slight leniency at work because im not one of the older guys with 10 years

>>63508460
Really? Nobody took you under their wing? I find that hard to believe
>>
>>63508486
>Really? Nobody took you under their wing? I find that hard to believe
Nobody cares about men, and I was sabotaged, lied to, treated like shit, and outcast from everywhere I was. Whether it was from disdain, jealousy, or apathy.

Nobody is born into this world equal, and a lot of us simply don't have mentors.
>>
>>63508502
If nobody liked you everywhere you went maybe you were the problem?
>>
>>63503819
This is basically why I stopped doing deadlifts and started doing high volume-low weight squats. The risk-reward ratio is just too low
>>
>>63503844
Good job bro, post body when you're done
>>
>>63504010
Pfft what country is this where a relationship with a 9 year old is normalized?
>>
>>63504332
Lmao you were given a house for free at 25 years old and you're giving people financial advice?
>>
>>63508521
I see you're a failure at reading comprehension.

Ultimately you'll read it as you like, so you are right and I'm wrong to stroke your ego, but the fact is you don't know shit about life or how other people are treated.
>>
>>63508576
If you're stupid enough to think that that's life on e-z mode, you're not smart enough to own a house.
>>
>>63503908
based
>>
>>63506543
>32
>hanging out with a group of 20-somethings
What's the matter, can't make friends your own age?
>>
>>63508583
All im saying is that I find it very hard for somebody to be the victim their whole life. At some point you have to realize you're just unlikeable
>>
>>63508502
>Nobody is born into this world equal, and a lot of us simply don't have mentors.
based fellow hard-road trekker
I help people now because I know what it feels like to not have anyone there for you
I grew big shoulders all on my own
>>
>>63508703
You're literally just doing what I said you'd do. You can't fathom that somebody out there has a harder life than you, and you're protecting your ego by purposely misreading what I wrote.

I'm actually quite likable, but you wouldn't know that, you wouldn't know that I lost one of my jobs because my boss was a coke addict and resented the fact that the hot girl working at the company was crushing on me hard and he fired me out of jealousy.

In the end, you're just gonna read into it in such a way that it reaffirms your world view in that "everybody has a mentor if you don't you're just unlikable" the reality of it is, you got a better hand than me.

Mike Tyson would've been a complete loser had he not gotten lucky with his mentor, a good man who ultimately showed him the ropes and put him on his path, had he not gotten that he would've been a random thug continuing his house burgling until he got jailed or killed.
>>
>>63508729
>based fellow hard-road trekker
>I help people now because I know what it feels like to not have anyone there for you
>I grew big shoulders all on my own
You get it, there's a lot of people out there growing up without direction or strong fathers, and it's by design.

Plenty of people like that in the zoomers and younger, it's why grifters like Derek make so much money. You do what you can to be the man you wish you had when you were young, and mentor those who you can, it's probably gonna help a lot of youngsters in the coming decades.
>>
>>63508787
>I'm actually quite likable, but you wouldn't know that, you wouldn't know that I lost one of my jobs because my boss was a coke addict and resented the fact that the hot girl working at the company was crushing on me hard and he fired me out of jealousy.
He fired you because a girl liked you. Lol which screenplay did you steal this from

Just like you said, if a random thug could get a mentor and become a living legend you should be able to as well. Im not saying I'm better than you, but I find it hard to believe that everyone in your life gave up on you without trying. Your parents? Teachers? College professors? Your bosses? Each one said "fuck this kid"
>>
>>63508831
>He fired you because a girl liked you. Lol which screenplay did you steal this from
it's called life kid, you wouldn't know because you haven't lived it. Might be because you never had people be jealous of you, maybe you never had women actually be attracted to you and show it, but you never experienced it and you never will.

>Just like you said, if a random thug could get a mentor and become a living legend you should be able to as well.
Mike Tyson had the right headset, talent, and drive to be a champ, but if he hadn't met his mentor, he would've stayed robbing houses and wound up dead. He would've been a really great burgalar, maybe the best, but he would've been nobody.
>Im not saying I'm better than you, but I find it hard to believe that everyone in your life gave up on you without trying. Your parents? Teachers? College professors? Your bosses? Each one said "fuck this kid"
Like I said, you want to protect that ego, good for you. You didn't live my life.
What you're saying is basically akin to
>"I just don't understand it, I find it hard to believe you didn't get a highpaying job with a firm handshake in a smile, sure my dad was a rich CEO, but ANYBODY could do it"
You have no idea what life is like for anybody beyond yourself. It'll probably never affect you and after this you'll keep on believing what you said, confident in your worldview and your assesment, but you'll still be wrong.
>>
>>63508787
you are still playing the victim to the bitter end. imagine if you actually took that discipline of being a bitch and reverted it to something worthwhile or positive to put towards progressing your life in a better way. you don't need a mentor, you just need to believe in your self worth, which any human being has. get a bit of agency man. you literally seem like some cry baby reddit posting female who larps about real life experiences
>>
>>63508890
>you are still playing the victim to the bitter end. imagine if you actually took that discipline of being a bitch
blah blah blah, you don't know shit about me or where I am in life, all you wanna do is shit on somebody you think is beneath you.
Keep barking online, you ain't gonna do shit like this irl.
>>
>>63508819
>and it's by design.
We all hope this is the case, because the alternative is that we're ruled by the most incompetant class of faggots the world has ever known. Thinking they're conspiring to weaken and enslave us is, ironically, more comforting that believing that they really are that fucking useless.
I could believe either at this stage.
>>
>>63508970
>Thinking they're conspiring to weaken and enslave us is, ironically, more comforting that believing that they really are that fucking useless.
>I could believe either at this stage.
A little of both, but strong masculine men, be it false bravado or real, are still harder to rule by tyrants. Soft effeminate men with no direction will always look towards somebody stronger to lead them.

For the weak, it's "science" and governance, for the strong it's themselves or their morals. I do wonder what's going to happen in the future mate, I really do, but the western nations in general are all due for a catastrophic decline soon. All you can really do is lift and keep on living.
>>
newly turned 30 here

i can feel my body slowly aging
Switched my routine from SL to 2suns and god damn am i wrecked
If i eat just a bit over my daily calories i get fat
I feel like it's getting harder and harder to get to my desired body
>>
>33
>close to the best shape ever, have abs and want to get leaner
>moved to the US to get a master's degree, got a job and paying school debt just fine
>live in a nice apartment in a upscale neighborhood in a big city
>now working on applying to PhDs, hopefully having to cut hours won't impact my ability to pay
>gf is abroad, but will hopefully move here in January
>hopefully will encourage her to get fit
>wish friends and family back home were here, I miss them
>>
>>63509013
>western nations in general are all due for a catastrophic decline soon.
Lots of people trying to convince me of reason XYZ why I shouldn't escape the sinking ship, but I don't see who I help by imitating the captain of the Bismark.
>>
>>63509040
>>gf is abroad, but will hopefully move here in January
>>hopefully will encourage her to get fit
yeah jamal's fucking her
>>
>>63509043
>Lots of people trying to convince me of reason XYZ why I shouldn't escape the sinking ship,
Because there's no where to run to, except maybe Mexico or South America, but that's not really an escape plan. It's coming to the world, because that's what globalism is. Makes me wonder if the bible had it right.
>>
>>63509056
this unironically, traveling abroad means they get to fuck new and exotic people
>>63509040
if you're not happy with her and she ain't getting fit, maybe you should broom her.
>>
How do you date at 30?

t. wagey
Met a girl through tinder like 2 months ago, didn't go anywhere
I feel too old for all those 20s girls yet not old enough at all
>>
>>63509145
Church
>>
I'm fine, Anon. Thanks for asking. Got my lifts done for the day and am about to have a nice tuna salad.
>>
>>63509208
I'm not religious
>>
>>63509145
There are girls around 30 on Tinder too. It's how I found my current gf (two years now, she was 28 and I was 29 at the time.) Don't give up after one misfire.
>>
>>63509316
My problem is i don't trust dating apps, i can't get over the fact that it's fake anon
>>
>>63509322
Well, it's the world we live in, bro. Online has become the main way couples meet: https://www.pnas.org/content/116/36/17753

Catch up or get left behind. Them's the breaks.
>>
>>63509348
I guess... ugh
>>
>>63509352
I'm not the biggest fan of it either, conceptually, but it ended up working out for me and you can't argue with results. Good luck!
>>
>>63509145
I still go out like I used to 10 years ago. I have a young circle of friends, just hit the bars, shoot the shit, chat up a bunch of girls no matter their age and hook up with whatever I get.
>>
>>63509366
Thanks i guess
>>63509369
I do too but i always find myself being too old for the girls around or them looking to old for me
>>
>>63509375
>I do too but i always find myself being too old for the girls around or them looking to old for me
Yeah I just lie about my age but it certainly can be an issue, not a big one though.
>>
>>63509394
I could too but ultimately i just want to fuck again after 3 years of being single now
GOd damn i miss going to parties with school people
>>
File: vs.dog.png (384 KB, 597x444)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>63502844
>circa '85
A year ago right knee started acting up. MCL hurts when sitting, mostly. Nothing when it's under load. Found out about kneesovertoes guy and started doing knee longevity routine, getting better and stronger.
As for lifting, started doing 3 different exercises, used to do one just a single compound. Gained weight and my new norm is now 210lbs, 6'4".
>>
>35 going on 36 next month
>been losing weight since earlier this year and currently down 43 lbs
>work in an okay job as an analyst and am going back for my masters degree but i am paying for it myself
>girl i matched with on tinder wants to meet this friday (she seems nice -- solid 10/10 in personality)
>live at home with parents but in a separate apartment on the side of the house, so there's privacy and my own amenities (which i pay for)
>constantly tired but try to get enough sleep

Overall it's okay I guess.
>>
File: 1631702454964.png (213 KB, 351x239)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>63509489
> 43lbs
>>
>>63502844
Decent.
>>
>>63504608
>>63506723
Sunrise alarm clock helps a lot. Get a cheap one though. Don't fall for the $100 gimmicks like I did.
>>
>>63508576
got asked a question so answered it. i never gave any advice on what anyone should do financially, do whatever you want, sell your body on onlyfans, buy crypto, i regret not investing in EV earlier as that is the next big thing to take off
>>
>>63504587
yep, it was the lockdowns that did it. poor guy, the government made him a loser.
>>
>>63507759
Get a dog
Also codependant personalities are a turnoff for women
You need to be independent and NOT need a woman to get one. I guess not always, but the women who would want you are drug addicts and home wreckers.
>>
>>63503311
anon. Im 34 and got my first actual real job at 31. Really hit the jackpot working at exxon mobil lab tech now making 6 figures but shit I was happy as a contractor getting paid 18 an hour. good luck
>>
>>63503552
how to keep the JUST away?
eat sleep lift repeat? knead chakra? disregard girls?
>>
>>63502844
barely not terrible
>>
>>63508970
The silver lining is we live in the era of new millionaires. The average person is weak and incompetent. If you are strong you can rise to the top and seize a slice. And as a strong man you're also now living in the harem era, probably the easiest time in history for a top 20% man to have multiple women.
>>
>>63506131
Sure u did ugly incel haha
>>
File: 1631545207641.jpg (49 KB, 418x498)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
i hate getting old. if i go a day without stretching my shoulder blade or hips i get intense pain the next following week. it's been this way for 3 months. is this what it's like getting old?
>>
>>63511281
You know how you don't go outside at all and sit all day at the computer having zero face to face interactions with real people? Yeah, that's not what I did. In my spare time I went to the mall, hung out with friends, had real LAN parties, and of course had a job where I worked with other people.
>>
>>63508703
Delusional normalfag haha, just world fallacy in action.
>>
>>63511342
Must have struck a nerve newfriend.
>>
>>63511369
>projection
Just reminding you that you're a pathetic worm :)
>>
>>63511342
Still a larp you fucking ugly loser, your such a oversocial femine faggot Jesus christ, you're pathetic. Gald I'm not you, I would kill myself if I was a normalfag loser like you.
>inb4 projection and cope reply
Socializing overly is a femine mindset
>>
>>63511435
Post body, let me see the creature
>>
>>63511382
Your a genetic dead-end loser and will die with 0 kids and women around you, good riddance for a 4chan old loser
>>
>>63511451
Give me 3 hours as I'm driving rn, then I'll mog your ugly dyel old ass faggot
>>
>>63511464
>implying you have a car
>>
>>63502844
>34
>78.5kg
>5’10
>85cm waist
>Finally starting a hypertrophy block after cutting covid weight since may

Pretty alright. Hope to be getting close to squat and deadlift PRs from a couple years ago. This new Barbell Medicine program has more bodybuilder type work in it so maybe I’ll look more like I lift. I’m eating cleaner than I ever have before and my energy is great. Hoping to impress the local gym zoomers with gains over the next 3-6 months.
>>
>>63511296
You are noceboing yourself which is actually causing more pain and “injury”. But it may be too late for you to change how you understand this stuff if you’re stubborn.
>>
File: 1537058898306.jpg (279 KB, 962x980)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>63502844
>30+ thread
>>
Getting pretty close to 30 with my upcoming birthday. Anything I should do before it's too late?
>>
>>63508546
I have a lot of loose skin, so I probably wont. Maybe with my face blocked out.
>>
>>63506309
and yet they find themselves here, unable to escape their suffering. lifting weights and a good income doesn't protect one against spiritual entropy
>>
>>63511658
This is one of the few places where you can go to to avoid the dystopian clown world. Every time I socialize with regular people I realize how little we have in common. I'm not going to pretend I like Baby Yoda or whatever faggotry comes next.
>>
>>63502844
on the phone with the IRS :/
>>
>>63511473
>implying you ever touched a women
Kys you virgin loser, imagine being over 20 and still a khhv haha
>>
>>63502844
Never been better in most ways. Look good feel good and experiencing 0 signs of aging yet.
>>
@63511879
How red is your front hole newfriend?
>>
>>63511579
Find a wife
>>
>>63509056

Nah, she's spent most of her time in lockdown back at home. No Jamals where I come from either.

>>63509119

She does want to at least lose weight so she'll stop being skinnyfat, so I think she'll get into it.

Also I'm a foreigner, for her coming here is actually going abroad
>>
>>63509070

Living in the US is still far better than anything south of it, unless you have saved a lot or can work remotely

And yes many of the things you mentioned are also a thing in Latin America. In many ways they are even worse if anything.
>>
>>63504010
Anon, these girls want a dad. Also some of have older fathers as well.
>>
>>63508560
...most of them?
>>
>>63504332
>I got left a relatives house 19 years ago which I borrowed against to buy a 3 more
What a stupid move. I hope you've paid them all off, otherwise you have no idea how out on a limb you are.
>>
>>63511522
i don't take medicine though unless absolutely necessary (can't walk without pain)
>>
>>63512297
nevermind, i looked up the actual meaning. first time i heard it. yeah maybe, but it feels like it comes right back the moment i start thinking i'm feeling better
>>
>>63511579
Don't find a wife. Especially if you are American.
>>
>>63511194
do prevention for hairloss (finasteride) dont get fat, dont pluck your eyebrows and be generally stress free
>>
>>63511194
genes. stop drinking too
>>
>>63504544
this
>>
File: 30a.jpg (54 KB, 475x356)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>63506309
>>
File: hairman.jpg (105 KB, 840x580)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
42 here. Didn't start lifting until 38. I peaked at 40. It finally happened. I hate the younger generations hair cuts. I just don't get why they think this looks good. It's literally worse than a mullet in the 80's. In fact, you could call it a reverse mullet. It's like a mullet wig was put on upside down.
>>
>>63512342
You have to find someone quality.
>>
>>63503049
Thanks for making my decision to rope easier.
>>
>>63503689
cope boomer
>>
>just turned 37
>no relationships or sex in 7 years
>all my friends are married with kids
>aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
Just turned 30 less than a month ago. Already in better shape than I was in any of my 29th (and likely my 28th) year. My hair is going gray but... at least I'm finally getting a grip on my alcoholism and fitness right bros?
>>
>>63512708
relationships and sex are a meme. what do you actually gain from them outside children?
>>
are you guys unironically over 30

how do you let yourself go like that
>>
>>63512780
I got tired of everything else. Feels like there's nothing else left to do.
Children is the big one yeah.
>>
Have any of you worked hard for a career that you were finally satisfied with and then had to make a decision that cost your career? I worked hard for mine and at 31 I finally feel good about my job but I’m at a point where I can’t meet women and I’m thinking of moving back to my birth country (ex-ussr) to find a wife. I might find someone but I’m scared that I might lose my job or not be able to find something later (I got a great job in software development even though I didn’t have a comp sci education. It was a struggle landing this job).
>>
>>63504566
based DC fleer. it's such an absolute shithole. ideally you can just be Orange Line Mafia and not really think about the city outside your office. the Metro is still basically a giant nigger cannon which is why the really good neighborhoods are inaccessible
>>63504428
impregnate her yesterday bro, time is running out and this is a pronatalist board
>>
>>63512330
https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog/pain-in-training-what-do/
You might find this helpful
>>
>>63513232
I struggled to get into game development as a programmer and now I feel like I want to quit because it feels like no one in this industry knows what the fuck they are doing. I have a serious chip on my shoulder with designers especially because they slide into positions of huge creative freedom without needing to demonstrate that they can do anything. Most of the time they can’t actually think through their ideas and lack the attention to detail to realise why something is good in another game. They’ll give you some shitty design doc that’s so vaguely worded that you’ll actually have to create another doc when you’re finished implementing their idea that explains back to them how they work. It’s like a fucking architect handing the foreman a scribble and expecting to receive blueprints back. Oh and of course if the feature is good they take the credit.

On my last project I was their sole gameplay programmer and the fucking tech lead, an EXTREMELY important lynchpin role on any development team, was a 28 year old who had never made a game in his entire life. He was also a total bullshitter that didn’t have anywhere near the experience he claimed. But the execs were so goddamn clueless that it was impossible to point this out to them and it was me that ended up leaving. By the time I left the project had been going for 18 months and they STILL didn’t have anything you could actually play, yet they were constantly adding artists and writers to the team that had no work to do when there was only a single gameplay coder.

So now Im trying to make my own shit, because if these idiots can get funding for bags of hot air I don’t see why I can’t.
>>
>>63513843
What knowledge do I actually need to be a game dev? I'm an experienced webdev so I know the fundamentals of OOP but have absolutely no experience with any game development
>>
RIGHT BROS!?
>>
>>63504611
Been looking at houses in alexandria too bro the market is completely fucked. Im making 6 figures, have less than 3 grand in student debt, and I still can't afford a house lmao wtf
>>
>>63513709
that's the funny part, lifting actually makes me feel better. i stand on my feet and do labor 9 hours a day. that's when it mostly starts hurting.
>>

My life fell off a cliff in my early 30s due to several negative events one after another that literally broke me. Spiralled into hardcore depressed hikikomori and obesity, dropped out of college right after signing up for a master's degree and didn't leave my home for 2 years. Something in my head clicked about 3 years ago: got my degree, lost 40kg and made said depression somewhat manageable. The coof lockdown made me stronger while everyone was becoming hysterical, that meant a lot to me in terms of personal growth. All those years of doing nothing are still a major pain as I'm basically a neet with an empty CV, I don't have a single friend and my parents are getting old and frail, but I'm still hopeful. I worked so hard to fix my fuckups, it can't be for nothing.
>>
>>63514020
>don't have a single friend
I always wonder how this happens I see this a lot on 4 chan and don't really understand it. You have a friend in me buddy dont worry you are in fact going to make it
>>
File: 1xz2vtr8yf071.png (245 KB, 500x655)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>63514020
>>
File: 1625766067661.jpg (107 KB, 632x808)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
30 y/o

I'm beginning national guard OCS selection in a few weeks. I tried for the regular army when I was 20 and was rejected a few times for medical bullshit. Lost my job last year to covid and decided to try the NG, they let me in without blinking.

Now I'm a 30 year old man with no real leadership experience since Boy Scouts and I'm trying to get my skinnyfat self up to speed with guys who were active duty for 10+ years before switching over. All my military friends say I'll be a fine officer, I just need to get used to the lifestyle.

I'm genuinely afraid of failing this late in the game.
>>
>>63514039

Thank you anon, I mean it.

Turns out people disappear when you need them the most. I'm not that upset but I really wish I had someone in my town to meet for just a coffee and a 5 minutes talk once in a while.
>>
>>63502844
>32
>140k USD/yr
Good. Kind of sore from legday.
>>
>>63514020
I love you and I’m proud of you
>>
>>63503840
detox with spirulina, clorella and fasting
fix your anxiety with hemp seed oil, get initiated in Shambhavi Mahamudra meditation and get all pickup programs of Todd V so you go out of your comfort zone picking up chicks and you will see your anxiety gone
>>
>>63513891
I'm gonna answer this assuming you want to be a gameplay programmer/generalist, rather than graphics/build engineer.

To just get an entry level job:
>Good 3D maths skills.
Being comfortable with vector maths, dot and cross product are a must. Calculus can be helpful but I don't really know it myself.
>C/C++ for UE4, C# For unity
Generally assume you need to know C++. That said, UE4 C++ is bastardised and broken but also has a bunch of neat macros and sugar that makes a lot of stuff easier. Transitioning to C# afterwards is easier than the reverse.
>Some kind of demo
I made a software renderer, but some kind of gameplay demo would be good too. Nothing particularly big or fancy.

To be actually good:
>Solid low level coding skills
Sorry to diss your entire field, but websites (and mobile apps for that matter) run like absolute shit compared to video games. Most of that is a product of the general dev environment you guys have to work with and low product owner/customer expectations. You're gonna have to get your hands dirty thinking about memory management at some point if you ever make something from scratch. Jon Blow bitches about this a lot, it's probably worth checking out one of his rants on the subject: https://youtu.be/oJ4GcZs7y6g
>Have some idea of how successful games get made
It boggles my mind how most devs don't understand that you need something playable early and you need to iterate on it. Many think that you can just make something fun on paper and have it all come together at the end.
>Be fast
learning how to implement something in a quick and dirty way is extremely useful when prototyping. Gamedev often requires trying and scrapping many ideas.
>learn a bit about lighting
There's a John Carmack talk about how video game lighting works somewhere. Watch it.

Bottom line: this shit is hard, even for pros. Keep banging your head against the wall.
>>
>>63503689
>I'm the same age as you, I'd hardly call it "old". When you're 50 getting old will be suffering. Tired of seeing people larping as being "old" when they're still in their 30s, hold onto your youth for as long as you can and take your opportunities because when it's gone it'll be fucking gone. Take care of yourself man.
yeah im 26 so im too young to post here but i try to beat the "im old" thoughts out. its stupid
>>
This our board now senpai. You boomers can gtfo bitches be finna shit their draws they so sold lmaooo
>>
>>63514741
>shit their draws
More like shit dey diapers
>>
>>63506095
Bro, life hasn't even begun
>>
>>63511281
>>63511453
>>63511879
No, he's right, we see you every thread, you call everyone an "incel loser KHHV" then add in a"HAHAHA" for good measure, you teally think we don't see you doing this shit in every thread where someone even a modicum more successful than you is?
>>
>Felt a snap in my knee yesterday while
running
It's over, I thought I had at least 5 more years before going to the retirement home...
>>
>>63515706
Nerve: Struck
>>
>>63513232
You are going to find that women are the same everywhere and if you can't make it here you won't make it there. Contrary to popular belief western women aren't broken, this is simply the natural state of women who run amok and if your home country isn't the middle east or similar it will wind up the same. I would say go where you feel your nation is, but don't do it for women.
>>
>>63513843
seems like you are quite knowledgeable but don't have the charisma or intelligence socially to blow out these creative frauds, if you're trying to convince them that theior goldenboy is a fraud, you could maybe tell them that he's goign to lose them money in the long run and compare it to somebody like Neil Drekmann, who turned a several million dollar franchise into dogshit and didnt' even make half of what the game should.

I don't know if you can do it til you make your own game, I hope you can make something as good as re2 remake.
>>
>>63503049
>>Have no interest in sex or having children
Well the truth is that your life is going to be very boring without children but also know that kids eat through your savings and free time
>>
>>63515730
lmao sure kid, you think you struck a nerve when you just call everyone an incel virgin loser, you're only projecting your own failure on to the internet.

Here's a tip, nobody w ho is successful spams every thread with the same bullshit daily, let alone shit meant to "hurt" people, maybe the next time you catch a ban let it stick and go outside for once.

You still haven't posted body with timestamp, so we basically already know what kinda doughy greasy loser you are, it's the kind that you keep telling everyone else they are.
>>
>>63515873
Nerve: Struck
Jimmies: Rustled
Purse: Matched
Number: Done
Face: Red
Cut: Deep
Shaking: Literally
Close to Home: Hit
Ass: Blasted
We’re done here.
>>
>>63515902
oh man, absolutely seething, still waiting on that body with timestamp kiddo.
>>
>>63515963
you first cupcake
>>
32, but 33rd birthday approaching in autumn.
Fitness better then ever, lost 15 pounds of Covid fat and hit bench PR this week.
Married for ten years with three kids one if which who is a big fitness enthusiast.

Only problem is that I started my own office as a CA and somewhat struggle.to find customers. Financially I have some savings and looking to build a.client portfolio.
>>
>>63514207
Performance only matters when you're pushing the limits. Really depends on the type of game you're making. A generic FPS or sidescroller doesn't need to be extremely optimized. Optimizing your game from 200 FPS to 2000 FPS does nothing to the customer to time spent on that is a waste and it's only for the end lap of development when you've already made it and you're looking for busy work. You really don't need to know more than some algebra and maybe a tiny bit of trig to do game development unless you're making your own 3D game engine. If you're using Unity or Unreal that job has already been done for you and even then almost every problem has been solved on Stack Overflow or sold on the asset store created by a more competent and specialized programmer.
>>
32 here
feeling great
progressing in my trade (welding)
did some backflips the other day
been fucking this girl and have been able to last 2-3 hours, great sex
doing olympic lifts, staying flexible and strong
feel better than ever before, haven't felt the need to jerk off for a while
>>
>>63502844
Corp accountant, $125k USD/yr
4/3/5
Not too bad.
>>
>>63515969
>"y-you first!"
>"he" says after being challenged several times and never delivering
That's the beauty of /fit/ kid, actual losers like you don't work out, and are absolute creatures, but unlike most boards we have a sort of social proof. If you're asked to post body, and you dodge it especially if you deflect with your own "post body", we know you're a loser, you're afraid.

Keep seething and keep spamming every thread with the same crybaby rhetoric that says more about you than us. Stay seething, stay virgin, stay kissless, stay "incel"
>>
File: 20210806_141523.jpg (2.02 MB, 4608x2184)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
>>63509852
Since end of April I've been dieting and exercising. Been doing alright so far. Can't go to the gym every day but I try to make an effort.
>>
>>63503923
You'll feel similarly at 35, 45, etc. Learning to live with that is part of growing up.
>>
>>63514005
You might try looking on their forum or Facebook page, or asking yourself if you don’t find someone with a similar experience.
>>
File: chill fox.png (173 KB, 512x512)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>63502844
>33
>Best form I've ever had, but it's still shit, close to 'normal'
>Loving wife, a true keeper and a reliable partner I want to spend the rest of my life with
>Never had a slightest fight
>2 daughters. It's ok, sometimes fun, keeps life somewhat interesting and provides purpose
>Good inheritance allowing me to not worry about livelihood at a decent level
>Career at the point where I work a couple of hours a day from home and which puts me in the top 10% by income in my country.
>Stopped caring about stupid stuff like what random people will think of me if I do something awkward
Overall, Im satisfied with my life.
>>
>>63515984
>A generic FPS or sidescroller doesn't need to be extremely optimized.
My dude, go and look at Switch games. Look how many Nintendo Switch games run great while third party ports run like absolute ass. That Tony Hawk remake is a shining example of godawful optimisation. There’s no reason that game shouldn’t be running at 720p60 MINIMUM on a Switch, at its core it’s a PS1 game with tiny environments and a single moving character. No enemies, no AI, no path finding, no extravagant rendering techniques. Yet on a system more powerful than a PS3 or 360 it’s ugly and it chugs. Engineers regularly have to pull crazy stuff in UE4 just so it doesn’t run like an absolute pig. The Sea of Thieves guys had to totally bypass scene components because of the performance impact. Most of these big name 3rd party engines have extremely unoptimised architecture, it’s the main reason the biggest devs prefer to roll their own.
>>
>>63516201
Damn.... You've made it anon congrats
>>
>>63516313
>look at this Switch game, you have to optimize for the Switch!
Or you can be like every smart developer, publish your game on the easy systems, get easy sales and pay someone who is skilled at optimization to do the Switch port.
People like you are the reasons why games get stuck in the analysis paralysis stage.
>>
>>63516361
He's right, there's a ton of games that should run on a switch but can't, RE enginge is super well optimized and almost runs on a switch, but it pushes most last gen consoles to the limit. There i s no reason why something like tonyhawk 1 should run like garbage.
>>
>>63516421
I don't give a fuck, it's terrible advice to tell a beginner who hasn't made a game to optimize his nonexistent game to the Switch that even professionals struggle making games for. It's stupid. It's terrible advice made by someone who probably hasn't published a game in his life. The type of advice some game dev undergrad gives.
>>
>>63503538
>Be 29
>Have an exit bag in my Amazon checkout cart
>Everytime I want to buy it I tell myself wait till tomorrow and see
>Been like this since 24
Maybe one day I'll fully escape it
>>
>>63516479
what's in the exit bag
what's the plan?
>>
>>63516040
this post glows
>>
>>63504134
>>63504165
>>63504182
>>63504226
>>63504340
>>63504757
>>63504813
>>63504886
every single person here is RETARDED.
people saying crypto are a scam are retarded because it isnt.
people defending crypto are retarded because you're meant to just tell everyone its a scam. its funnier that way. you dont need to convince normies to buy crypto, thats not where the money comes from you stupid faggots. honestly kill yourselves NGMI
>>
File: 1605361710250.jpg (275 KB, 1600x1200)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>2020, be 30, longtime-gf breaks up, decide to get fit again, fuck covid, fuck everything, the pain has to stop, i´m running or swimming everyday for a whole year, lifting when the gym is open.
>2021, feel like a human again, went from 265 lbs to 210 lbs with 6′ 2 height, raiding the gym everyday or two getting muscles again, regain some sense of self worth.

Fucked a coworker last week, thought maybe i got a new gf here but she scrapped the whole thing. Fuck it, life get´s better if you do something for yourself, even 30+.
>>
>>63516736
By exit bag he means a plastic bag to kill himself with helium or some inert gas.
Hope things get better for that anon
>>
>>63516435
I gave him advice for getting an entry level position and then further advice for longer term goals, you great blundering retard.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.