[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

what do you think of the snake diet?
>>
>>61315258
It is as good as that guys hairline
>>
>falling for a snake oil salesman
>the diet even has the word snake in it
You guys aren’t that bright
>>
>>61315359
>stupidly filtered by the name
This shit is anti-snake oil.
>>
>>61315359
Dude literally tells you the best way to lose weight and you dumb fucks still dont believe it.
>>
>>61315329
/thread

Wanna drink IV fluid for a month to lose 5 pounds instead of doing exercise using CICO to lose more? Be my guest.

Cole has shown a lot of people that fasting wont kill you if you're fat. But he has no idea how to teach discipline and couldn't understand the absolute mental prison that a sugar addict puts on themselves. His "Movie" where he only eats selected food at a McDonald's was absolute dogshit since he avoided carbs and sugar.

My next problem is with the fact that he has recommended shit in the past that could have put people's health severely at risk (yes and I mean this besides fasting and drinking piss). Unhealthily long saunas while dry fasting and salt dumping are just retarded tactics.

My last issue with him is that I haven't heard enough genuine success stories, he asks for everyone to post themselves fat and naked and sure, the odd athlete will show up and lose theirast 5% of stubborn bf but the fatties always always rebound and cole always gets butthurt and mad while his mindless fanbase drink their piss, IV fluid and bacon fat in his honour.

He's at his best when he talks facts and doesn't shout. He's really knowledgeable which is a shame because he could educate a lot of people without his angry manlet persona.
>>
>>61315381
>>61315411
https://youtu.be/het6RqcxOiU

Cope
>>
>>61315494
good post
He has posted too much shit that is just detrimental advice for what his target audience is
Yes fasting is good, but building a healthy relationship with food is even better and dryfasting is absolutely retarded and he used to advocate that hard
>>
>>61315580
>dryfasting is absolutely retarded and he used to advocate that hard
on what planet
>>
>>61315580
>building a healthy relationship with food is even better
Fatties wont do this. They are too inclined to binge eat or lie to themselves about how much they eat.
>>
File: 20201227_142536.jpg (194 KB, 711x711)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>61315359
>>
>>61315710
>On what planet
https://youtu.be/GMk5-32vbUI
Also refer to his videos in death fasting
Or his popular streams where he told people relentlessly to dry fast and that they won't die.

This was one of his best videos where he was being interviewed
https://youtu.be/WFC8sp6bfGM

The one he did with Eliot Hulse was good too if you wanted to see what he was like on a personal level. He's pretty much 33% /r9k/ and 66% /fit/ and 100% autist.

>>61315727
And that's the issue. You can fast em, put em in a sauna, cut up their gut boogie/wings style and it won't do jack shit. They have to fight that inner demon before anything else. Cole with his little rages is really good showmanship and great motivation if you're halfway through a week long dry fast but after a while it's simply all flash and no cash.

>>61315494
I forgot to mention a video where the guy that helped film his movie claimed that dry fasting cured his eyesight. It was the most disingenuous shit I've ever fucking seen.
>>
didn't realise that epsom salts is the thing making you shit yourself as it's basically exlax
probably a decent diet but I still don't know if fasting is actually good for me or not (minus the occasional, now preventable shits)
>>
>>61316176
If you have a fucked up gut or need help fixing some minor condition that medicine hasn't been able to help then it can't hurt to try dry fasting for a few days. In the end it's better to learn to enjoy cooking good food using a variety of ingredients and eating in moderation.

Easier said than done but for me it's better than constantly straining myself over waiting for the next meal.
>>
>>61316135
no i mean on what planet is dry fasting bad for you
>>
>>61315258
I think if people are interested in losing weight, they should give it a try for a month. You can come on /fit/ and ask peoples opinion about anything, and it will usually turn into a pissing contest. But with the snake diet, you just buy the shit to make snake juice at the supermarket and give it a try for a month. See what results you get. You're not going to die or irreparably fuck up you body from a month of 72 hour fasts. You're also not going to wipe out all of your precious gains. It's also not going to destroy your hairline in one month. In the course of a month, you might find out that you hate it and you're hungry all the time, or you're too much of a pussy to drink the snake juice, or whatever. Or you might find that it works really well for you and you are able to rapidly get rid of body fat. You can come on /fit/ and ask about it and get a lot of "advice" from people who have never tried prolonged fasting. Or you can just try it for a month and see what happens. It costs basically nothing to try and it won't kill you in a month. I think that's the thing to take away from it -- Cole has done a lot of experimentation on himself. A lot of it is crazy shit like drinking piss and dry fasting for ten days or whatever. I remember one fucking live stream where he was saying he was going to inject himself with HIV blood just to prove that dry fasting could cure AIDS (I don't think he was serious, he just gets worked up). But obviously you don't have to do all of that hardcore crazy shit. You can just try some 72 hour fasts and see what happens. Try it with snake juice and see what happens. Try it with plain water and see if you get sluggish. Some people say they don't. Generally when I was doing it, I needed snake juice. Just experiment a little.
>>
File: image.jpg (442 KB, 1920x1920)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
It totally works
>>
>>61315258
cole is a complete nutjob, but fasting is based and redpilled. After YOLOing a 10 day fast a while ago and having good results, it's been my go-to method ever since. I no longer bother counting calories or any of that bullshit. Just eat whatever I want within the confines of a healthy diet, and eventually if I'm going a little soft, I'll just fast for a few days. It's really made me realize just how unnatural the traditional method of trying to target a 500 kcal deficit per day really is. It's a tedious, long, miserable process, trying to keep calories low while keeping protein high is a pain in the ass, and I end up losing MORE strength with that method than I do by just fasting for a few days anyway.
>>
>>61315258
This guy looks like a fat basic retard.

Does he even lift or just drinks piss?
>>
>>61315494
You won't lose more on CICO you delusional retard lol
>>
>>61317190
how can guys like this be so unaware of bad that beard looks. It's only ever fat people with this "style" of beard too, I've never seen a jacked gymbro have a beard like this either
>>
>>61317506
he looks like a chechen lol
>>
>>61317506
Ok asshat here is the most recent progress pic.
6'1" 35yo
Starting pic 240 down to 230 in 2 weeks down to 220 in 4 weeks down to 208 in the last two guess i must have hit a plateau
>>
File: 1601262851922.jpg (87 KB, 1080x275)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>61315258
based, nuff said
>>
>>61317674
Brilliant work, lad. Don't let LARPers with crab mentality get you down.
>>
>>61317674
shit lol I thought that was just some random pic, not actually you
nice progress anon, but man I hope you do realize that beard wasn't doing you any favors, you're much better off clean shaven. you kinda look like a buddy of mine in the face who has one of these goatee's, he pulls it off well
>>
File: 1616463594649.jpg (74 KB, 596x673)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
It's THE way to lose weight. Nothing comes close in speed, health, or in forming good habits and discipline.

I started snake dieting five weeks ago, rolling 72s and 48s. I haven't been perfect, but I've lost 24 pounds of straight bodyfat so far. Down from 240 to 216 and my lifts are still right where they were, bit higher in some.

Listen to Cole. Stop fucking eating fatty. EVERYTHING else is cope.
>>
>>61315359
>snake oil
You're not buying a special product, dipshit. I don't even do this stupid shit because I don't fast for long enough for it to be necessary but holy fuck this board is so painfully retarded, I hate all of you.
>>
>>61317358
He has benched in the 300s while shredded to the bone and deeply fasted

Cole is a madman, don't doubt him
>>
>>61317674
You look much better without the hezbollah beard
>>
>>61317358
He regularly gets fat and loses it just to prove his point. Absolute mad lad, but the hero we need.
>>
>>61316176
No, it isn't exlax and it isn't what makes you have watery shits when you fast. It's magnesium, which is mixed in with small quantities as it is an important electrolyte.

It isn't as critical in snake juice as the major 3, but I feel better when I include it
>>
>>61315494
>Wanna drink IV fluid for a month to lose 5 pounds instead of doing exercise using CICO to lose more? Be my guest.

What an idiot
Not reading the rest
>>
File: Stinks.jpg (62 KB, 600x300)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>61315258
Its unsustainable and no lessons are actually learned. At some point you need to eat, it is that simple. Even a 600lb person, if starved for long enough with nothing but water, will eventually need to eat something. His idea that eventually everyone will do OMAD is ridiculous. this is another fad diet that is not sustainable in the long run. .
>Hurr durr people were doing this for 200,000 years
Agriculture really changed the game didn't it ted? Habits that work in the wild when food was hard to come by does not work in industrial society.
>>61315514
This was an ambush interview but he is legitimately retarded. Maybe long term fasting works for him, but it is not something that most people will stick to. A diet is useless if it is so hard on the human body that most people quit. Fasting for 30 days may make you lose weight, but it will lead to fatigue so bad that I don't think you could drive or hold a job.
>>
>>61317778
what' are rollings?
>>
>>61317986
>At some point you need to eat, it is that simple
Wow really?! Seriously why does EVERYONE feel the need to give their opinions on something they don't understand, you're such a fucking idiot, you don't even remotely have any kind of understanding of this at all, stop talking

>>61317991
It means a period of fasting, broken by a single meal, after which you begin fasting again. Rolling 48s means one meal every other day, 72s would mean one meal every three days.
>>
>>61315258
Read the fucking sticky and the section about fad/starvation diets.
They don't work long term because eventually your cravings will get the better of you. Additionally, losing weight too fast is not healthy for you, the CDC recommends a weight loss of no more than 1-2 lbs /week.
It will "work" but it isn't a safe alternative to proper diet and exercise.
>>
>>61317986
Sounds like you've never fasted before. You don't need to learn a lesson because your body learns it for you. Nothing like coming out of a 2 or 3 day fast to find that your stomach has shrunk so much that you get physically sick if you attempt to overeat. This effect lasts for up to a week for me, too. It's only once I go back to normal fat fuck eating habits where my stomach loose from constant eating that I can go ham and it's harder to feel full.

As for OMAD being unsustainable? That's just further proof that you have never given fasting a serious, sustained attempt. I got used to OMAD and IF and did it pretty much all the time. I didn't want to eat at work because it made me feel lethargic and bloated. I guess all the people reporting clarity doing intermittent fasting or OMAD are just bullshitting.

Stay fat, bud. But don't worry, you can lose 1 pound a month if you eat like a rabbit, though.
>>
>>61318104
Ah yes, the /fit/ sticky and the CDC are gospel because as we know, nuitritional science is a cut-and-dry field with unanimously accepted conclusions.

I love how science never changes, it keeps me secure and keeps me from having to think.
>>
>>61318061
>Wow really?! Seriously why does EVERYONE feel the need to give their opinions on something they don't understand, you're such a fucking idiot, you don't even remotely have any kind of understanding of this at all, stop talking
Fuck off retard. I was making the point that he isn't instilling healthy eating habits. At some point cravings will become too much. Long term it isn't sustainable.
You however, took the retard approach, saw the first 1/6th of my post and fired off your fat mouth.
>>
>>61318104
>They don't work long term because eventually your cravings will get the better of you
Oh god, stop

>the CDC recommends a weight loss of no more than 1-2 lbs /week.
I am begging you to stop talking
>>
>>61318108
>>61318141
>>61318162
The cult members really come out in droves. Your weird hate of the CDC is blinding you to the work that they do, but go ahead and trust your snake oil, you will gain it all back within a year.
>>
>>61318145
No, you're just as stupid as you seemed

But what do I know? Broke my food addiction, lost 24 pounds without losing strength, highly experienced

You're all saying the things that knowledgeable people in this field make fun of soccer moms and normies for saying about fasting, which is what you are
>>
>>61318184
Again, losing lots of fat here, feel great, have totally fixed my food addiction and eating habits

Results talk
Bullshit walks
>>
File: angus-704x454-1.jpg (57 KB, 704x454)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>61317986
There is medical literature of a man fasting for a year and being fine and healthy after curing the ailments obesity inflicted on him.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blog/2018/02/story-angus-barbieri-went-382-days-without-eating/#:~:text=We%20can%20all%20get%20a,one%20year%20and%2017%20days.
Also just because we started to farm doesn't mean you can't eat like we used to faggot like you said it's a HABIT which are learned behaviors that we can overcome by not being a giant faggot like yourself.
>>
>>61318192
>>61318205
Long term results talk, any idiot can drop 20lbs in a month. We will see where you are in a year. My guess is that you will be getting free meals here.
>>
>>61318145
>At some point cravings will become too much
sure, for a pussy like you
>>
>>61318224
>A case study
>Under the care of a doctor
>In an extreme situation
You get your medical information from facebook infographics don't you?
>>
>>61318184
I don't even do the snake diet very often. I rarely drink electrolytes. I just fast and have gotten great benefit from fasting. It's by far the best diet tool that I have. Sometimes I just can't manage mentally it due to training volume or life stuff going on.

What annoys me is when you come in here feeling that you have an authoritative opinion on the matter (based on outdated nutritional science) and trying to discredit any benefit to fasting by claiming that it isn't sustainable. You don't have an authoritative opinion on anything and you should check your ego.
>>
>>61315258
I don't know. He changes his diet advice every year. Rolling 72s on snake juice works though, it just takes willpower.
>>
>>61318254
Actually this. There's a point not long into my fast when im not even hungry. About 20 hours in. If you can't make it that long you're weak.
>>
>>61318246
post body, crabbo
>>
>>61315494
CICO stands for Calories In - Calories Out.
You literally can't get lower than zero calories in, which is what the snake diet is supposed to help you achieve.
>>
Eating half your bodyweight in raw meat and then eating nothing for a month sounds like a pretty based diet
>>
>>61318289
I am not saying anything that the NIH, CDC and FTC or the sticky (which you haven't read) has not already said.
You are the one going against every major medical authority and claiming that because it is working for you that it is generalizable to everybody.
>>
>>61318246
And any idiot can eat small meals constantly and lose weight until they break and binge, which happens 99% of the time anyway, I'd argue even more often with caloric deficits

Most people don't get long term results no matter what. Fasting is just the better way for those that can. More muscle sparing, faster, healthier.
>>
My cope story:
>ate like pig and got fat
>did keto for 12 to 15 weeks, or something
>lost a kg per week
>no keto magic just exactly what cico would have predicted
>ate 'normally' for a year
>back to the weight i was at my fattest

Are fatties completely coping with their yo-yo shit? Because I think in that 'normal' year I ate about the same as I did for ten years previous and it didn't make me a fat cunt then.
>>
>>61315494
>>61317476
>you will lose more weight eating than not eating
actual retard
>>
>>61315258
seems like a very autistic lifestyle choice.
if this guy has a gf she must have a hell of a time explaining this to her friends/family.
>>
>>61318522
Weight loss doesn't matter if you cannot stick to it. At a certain point you get too hungry to do basic tasks that are necessary in modern life, such as driving a car. A healthy deficit for most people is around 500 calories/day. Anything else is overkill.
>>
>>61315258
It's fine for prolonged fasting, prefer shorter water fasts
>>
>>61318562
Speak for yourself. I did rolling 72s while working a physically demanding job 10 hours a day. Went as long as 5 and a half days while working. Wouldn't go further than that while working, but 48s or 72s aren't shit and I lost 50 lbs.
>>
Step one for all fat people is to cut out sweets and sugar. Once they do that, they can move to step two. There is really no point in discussing other dieting strategies until they complete step one.
>>
>>61318928
this switch from soda to tea is a good first step
>>
>>61315258
Cole is ugly and a manlet, also I think he's autistic, but he's clearly inspired a lot of people and he's not obese, so I guess he isn't completely insane.
>>
>>61318104
>muh cdc
This faggot really said “the cdc says durrrrr”
>>
>>61318271
It was a normal situation that happens to people often these days. He wasn't under medical supervision except when he would get a check up. There are a few examples of this. Did you even read the article before going on about whatever the fuck facebook infographics are? You sound retarded bro.
>>
>>61318759
I don't believe you.

What do you consider physically demanding and how many calories were in your refeeds?
>>
>>61315258
I think it's a drastic deviation from the tried and true CICO with too many red flags and potential for fucking me up to try
>CICO is working for me
>I was open minded to this being a potentially better alternative until the cultists started autistically screeching that Snake Diet is the one true God and that CICO doesn't work and gives you AIDS and makes your penis grow inwards and rapes your dog
>aside from Cole, who actually shows his lifts, all Snake Diet adherents are dyel fatties who don't understand why someone with decent lifts doesn't want to gamble on a meme diet when CICO is working fine just to cut, will screech autistically at skepticism without posting lifts
>seems to work for Cole at least, and maybe strength loss is just for an adjustment period, but I don't want to gamble my strength gains on a cutting method that might only be marginally better
>refeeds require eating a shit ton of calories in a single meal, pretty fucking annoying and hard to do when you have work/gym/school
>even the magical transformation pics that Cole posts don't show a sustained cut state, he just vacillates between cut and fatter than me ad infinitum, the fucks the point of being shredded only half the time
>>
>>61315258
stop losing hair baldy
>>
>>61318184
>The cult members really come out in droves
the irony of this statement
>>
>>61318271
>you should do anything without a doctor's approval
>>
>>61318562
Have you ever tried a 48 hour fast or longer? Just do it over a weekend when you don't have to drive if you're really worried about that, lol. Like do you think Cole is just lying about all of this shit just to fuck with people? He ain't getting rich off it.
>>
>>61318562
ADF lowers your hunger hormones long term
>>
>>61318271
Dumb nigger
>>
>>61317674
lol well done anon. keep it up and yeah keep the beard off maybe a wayne static goatee
>>
>>61317674
what routine did you do to lose the 30 lbs?
>>
>>61318104
>muh CDC
Imagine being this much of a faggot
>>
>>61319688
Lift heavy and 10 3 minute rounds heavy bag boxing and rump rope with 1 minute rest between rounds on rest days. Almost every day skipped a few here and there and ate a quarter pounder with cheese and small chocolate milkshake on feed days
>>
>>61315258
>>61315381
>>61315411
Not eating for a week then continuing to stuff your face doesn't fix stuffing your face for years
>>
>>61318562
I don't think you've ever fasted
>>
I was on the fence about the snake diet. The fat crab bucket lardass in this thread pushed me over. I'm doing it.
>>
>>61318562
Fasting lowers your hunger hormones. CICO doesn't. It's much harder to fast for 2 months than it is to stay on CICO for a whole year. I find that the best balance is OMAD, which is the only thing that has ever worked for me.
>>
I wouldn't do snake diet if you want to build muscle. Your body will eat fat and muscle once the fast starts.
>>
>>61315258
it's good
you stop eating, you lose weight
>>
>>61320680
Building muscles is always impossible during a cut, fat fucks (like sadly myself) have to cut down and hope to keep the gains we already have as much as possible, while not being fat fucks anymore.
>>
>>61320680
>>61321180
If you're a landwhale and have to resort to something like the snake diet, you're going to have to cut your losses and accept the fact that you'll be sacrificing a lot of things. Just focus on getting to a healthy weight rather than trying to minimize the damage, or you'll just lose motivation once you see/feel the losses.
>>
Any effects found on hormones or testosterone ?

People who cut say that it could tank T levels. Fasting too ?
>>
>>61315494
>5 pounds
That's where you're wrong. Stopped reading there.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.