[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: SBULL_1_OZ_NTR-01-popup.jpg (83 KB, 1000x1000)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
I know, I know
>there's no silver bullet to fitness, life is pain, you have to work hard to succeed
However, everyone told me for years that there's no silver bullet for weight loss, that the only way to lose weight was constant vigilance and monitoring CICO. Tried that for years. Then I found a video that explained that refined sugar causes hunger through hormone dilatory effects, quit eating it, and lost 40 pounds (205-165, 6'0") with no other changes and minimal effort.
Since I found a silver bullet there, what about here? Share your silver bullet workouts/routines/habits/diets. Not interested in hearing from struggle bus normies, pie-in-the-sky bullshit only please.
>>
I'm confused, when do I put the silver bullet in my ass?
>>
>>61314993
> i stopped eating refined sugar and i lost weight!
> calories in calories out is bullshit - i'm an exception to the laws of thermodynamics!

guarantee you were doing it wrong.
>>
>>61315060
>sugar causes hunger
>hunger
>as in higher CI
>as in eating more
Reading comprehension, ffs
>>
>>61315060
he's not saying that at all schizo, just that he's had bad experiences with conventional CICO
>>
>>61315076
You could just not eat more
>>
>>61314993
rows of any kind
back muscles are the most important for both strength and aesthetics
>>
>>61315060
he didn't say that at all. what he said was that being strict with his caloric intake was difficult because he was very hungry, but when he stopped eating sugar he was less hungry.
>>
Does coffee help with making you lose weight?
>>
>>61315049
Pre squat. Also hook a vibrator to your taint to achieve maximum mid rep orgasm.
>>
>>61314993
Let a bigger man fuck you. I swear, I became ripped afterwards. Like black magic.
>>
I was never that fat to begin with but with proper CICO monitoring (sounds like you were doing it wrong) and regular OMAD days (4-5 per week) I lost 10kg in a year. As for workouts, running + yoga is a pretty magical combination. I throw in some calisthenics/burpees for good measure. I don't lift anything other than my own bodyweight.
>>
>>61315145
No, the only thing that matters in my opinion is refined sugar consumption. Demographic and epidemiological data shows that's the main difference between fat and thin countries. And through history, people didn't get fat often, rates were generally under 3% as opposed to almost 40, even among people who could afford to eat as much as they want. Refined sugar (fructose specifically) is literally an addictive drug (causes physical withdrawal) that makes you hungry, that's why they add it to stuff.
>>
>>61315174
https://youtu.be/hx66LWV-CCk?t=41
>>
>>61315145
Yep, helps me poop so I lose a bunch of cals when pooping.
>>
>>61315199
I lost 45 in 6 months with the sugar thing. Maybe you didn't need to lose more, but OMAD and intermittent sounds like it requires conscious thought to achieve, whereas my thing didn't take any thought beyond "Does this have sugar? Don't eat it" . If you're still needing to lose or having difficulty sustaining, try it.
I'll give yoga and calisthenics a shot, I've been running and thinking about bodyweight routines.
>>
>>61315145
Yes. It helps stave off hunger and gives you the energy you're missing from food. This of course assumes you're having black coffee with no sugar, because sugar and milk are food.
>>
>>61315268
Yeah I just have plain coffee, so its a good way to strave yourself? Trying to lose fat in my belly here :)
>>
quinoa if you believe the hype
>>
>>61315253
Oh yeah sorry I kind of skim-read your OP. I have no problem keeping the OMAD schedule; I actually enjoy it, it gives a little structure to my routine. As for weight, I'm on point at the moment: 77kg (180cm 5'11) and feel great.
>>
>>61315298
>so its a good way to strave yourself?
Sure, since black coffee has essentially zero calories. But ofc you should combine that with daily exercise and eating healthy when you do eat
>>
>>61315253
OMAD and IF are literally just "is it time to eat yet?"
>>
>>61314993
Dipshit, CICO implies that what you are putting in isnt refined sugar candy garbage. Did you seriously think 2000 calories of hard candy would be the same as 2000 calories of normal food? Guarantee you that every person that has ever reccomended you CICO had just assumed that you don't eat like a fucking dipshit NPC retard, and shame on them for thinking so because you obviously did. I fucking hate people like you that think CICO = eating literally whatever you want. Fuck you.
>>
>>61314993
You didn't find a silver bullet, you simply found a way to make it easier to adhere to calories in-calories out
>>
>>61315694
Maybe if you're neet and have nothing else to do. It's easy if you have a job or something to distract you.
>>
>>61315714
>I fucking hate people like you that think CICO = eating literally whatever you want. Fuck you.
That's really what most people think though
CICO is all that matters, therefore you can eat pizza and burgers as long as you're under caloric deficit
Sounds fine on paper sure, but then they're likely to fail
>>
>>61315920
And i hate a lot of people, checks out
>>
>>61314993
>the only way to lose weight was constant vigilance and monitoring CICO. Tried that for years. Then I found a video that explained that refined sugar
What you found out was the CICO is true and you couldn’t stop eating until you cut sugar out. The way you frame this really matters. Some people eat icecream and stay lean. For some people, like you, sugar is a bitch to quit and eating some makes you want more until you overeat.

How you frame this realization really matters because the single most important realization for weight loss is that what you put in your mouth determines what you weigh. Fat logic will try anything to circumvent this and in doing so you face your biggest hurdle. Once you come to terms with CICO you can make a more educated opinion on HOW you will lose weight the easiest for you. Could be cutting sugar, keto, meat diet, fasts. Regardless of which path you take you’re only ever struggling to control what goes into your fat gob.
>>
>>61316039
All of this is irrelavent of refined sugar is the common factor behind the vast majority of obesity, which epidemiological and demographic data shows.
>>
>>61316039
If different foods cause different levels of hunger then CICO is false. CICO is predicated on the notion that the fattening nature of food can be judged solely by calorie measurements.
>>
>>61315253
>didn't take any thought beyond "Does this have sugar? Don't eat it"
The funny thing is you just invented another magical rule the end result of which just controls how much calories you take in. This is what people don’t seem to understand. All meme diets, snake juice, meat, keto, no eating breakfast, only eating vegetables, they’re all just making a new meme rule that you stick to. If you could find that same willpower to stick to the meme of “don’t overeat by counting calories” that would work too.

It’s like the placebo effect for diets. You clearly COULD control your eating habit. You just needed to find the meme diet that sounded like it had enough voodoo for you to believe in it. Even though you’re the one in control the entire time. Nobody is putting the food in your mouth.
The point is that you’re losing touch with reality when you embrace these magical thinking diets. If you couod step back and observe the big picture maybe you could realize the sugar, meat, fat, whatever was never the problem. Only your own broken relationship to comfort eating.
>>
File: brown-rice.jpg (770 KB, 1000x652)
770 KB
770 KB JPG
Brown rice and brown pasta are the ultimate silver bullets. Swap out all carbs for this shit.

+ high in fibre, nutrients
+ whole grain
+ no bloat
+ makes you feel full
+ better poos

White rice and pasta are garbage.
>>
CICO is a useless truth, like telling someone learning tennis that they should score more points than their opponent to be a good tennis player. Diet success ultimately depends on hunger management; because, like with torture, very few people are capable of holding out indefinitely. If you aren't hungry, you won't eat. If you're only a little hungry, you can get to sleep and not stuff your face at midnight. Ask naturally lean people how they do it: they're not as hungry and get full easily. If you're in the position of having fat to lose, you should employ as many strategies as required to make yourself more like that naturally lean person. Don't emulate their habits, that will never work since they're genetically different; rather, try to replicate their results. Cutting sugar, refined starches, and seed oils are pretty much always a good idea; but you can go further if you still fail despite your best efforts.
>>
>>61316157
The problem with NPCs like you is that you no longer have any connection to reality. Everything exists in the imagination for you. You've become completely untethered from the real world.

How hungry people are isn't a result of psychological factors like willpower. It's a result of biology. Hormones. People with good "willpower" really just have better hormone regulation.
>>
>>61316080
Your spin on that is misleading and is just another way to wrestle agency from people making food choices and putting it on some nebulous evil corporation making you fat with sugar magic.
People like the sugary taste and they don’t realize how fast a 200kcal daily overeating results in massive weight gain. There is no magic in the sugar, just dense energy. If we were putting ground up peanuts in literally all food the secret evil ingredient would be the “healthy” nut.

Or rather, neither sugar or peanuts would be to blame, only you, for overeating them. Densely calorific palatable foods aren’t a new thing. They’re just extremely cheap now and unrestricted in access. You can have dessert 4 meals a day if you want. And people do. While not moving.

The disconnect between your lifestyle decisions and the consequences somehow need to be transferred to an outside evil force. Otherwise you might just have to take responsibility.
>>
>>61316203
>NPCs like you is that you no longer have any connection to reality. Everything exists in the imagination
The irony of this statement coming from someone defending the idea that you’re literally a slave being puppeteered by twinkies is just astounding.
You can do it anon. You can break free from the twinkie demons. They don’t actually control what you do. I swear. You are a real human bean with actual choices to make.
>>
>>61316194
>high in fibre (gas and bloat), not even significantly higher in nutrients
>whole grain, so what
> more bloat
>makes you feel full
>better poos, only if you're fiber deficient
>>
>>61316203
>How hungry people are isn't a result of psychological factors like willpower. It's a result of biology. Hormones.
Wait is this actual HAES talking points on /fit/? Lmao where the fuck did you come from?
>>
>>61316293
Cool story
>>
>>61316328
not that poster but its true
leptin and ghrelin regulate hunger
this is well known even among /fit/lets
>>
>>61316378
Yeah ok. You’re born with a certain level of them and then your obese futures is written in the stars, right? You’re a slave to the first snickers you eat? No, that’s not how it works. Meaning it’s fucking irrelevant since your hormones are to a large extent dixtated by your lifestyle and eating CHOICES.
If you’re paying attention that’s not a fucking rebuttal to anything I said unless you are now willing to admit you believe we have no choices and “muh hormones” is what made you fat.
>>
File: mpv-shot0007.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>61316286
Hunger is a biological reality regulated by hormones. It's not imaginary.
>>
>>61316514
Hormones made you write that.
>>
>>61316461
>eating CHOICES
Are you trying to disagree? Because you're accidentally agreeing with keto theory of obesity. It's all about food choices.
>>
All of the gyms in my area were big corporate gyms, so they cucked out and fully closed during the lockdown. However, a Muay Thai gym near me is run by a based guy, so he never closed. Martial Arts training is the complete opposite of strength training (endurance rather than strength), so while I lost strength, I got gains in other ways. I was also doing a lot more cardio than before. I didn't lift for a year, but I was able to train Muay Thai 5x per week.

When everything re-opened, my strength was shit (benching 155x5 starting out), but my recovery and endurance was amazing. I have now blown past all of my PRs, and I feel like I'm going to continue to do so because my muscular endurance is so much better than before.

Do with this information what you will.
>>
>>61315298
Coffee black is essentially water dummy.
>>
>>61316138
No it isnt you mongoloid
CICO is literally thermodynamics and nothing more. It doesn't account for hormonal changes from food and it was never supposed to. Its YOUR job to take that into account and not eat like a fucking retard. Because if you do it leads you to getting hungrier despite eating the same amount of calories, or feeling more lethargic despite the same amount of calories, which will lead your braindead willless ass to eat more food to compensate for this loss in nutrition, eventually causing your CI to be greater than your CO, which then violates CICO and causes weight gain. Just put down the sweets you fat goddamn shit.
>>
>>61316617
>CICO is literally thermodynamics and nothing more.
Right. It's biology denialism.

Like you said it's
>nothing more

Accounting for biology like hunger and satiety is something "more" which isn't encompassed by CICO. And therefore CICO belongs in the trash with every other retarded idea in history. It's like a modern day phlogiston.
>>
>>61316538
How desperate are you man? If sugar and hormones are the end of the answer then everyone who stays lean eating shit food is a medical mystery. What the meme diets refuse to acknowledge is that ALL of them work. None of them are correct. Because ultimately behind every voodoo explanation is just a person deciding to make new choices.
This had become another fucking pseudo religion like addiction treatments. If people can successfully quit on their own with no program that certainly proves the program isn’t a requirement to quit. Nevermind the people who use and are not addicted showing it’s not even the substances involved that are the culprits. How much more powerful do you think heroin is compared to your enemy the twinkie? How much more of a biological impact and craving does it create.
Of course keto isn’t “correct” in any sense other than that some people can use it to get a better lifestyle and diet. Just like the people who do the inverse of keto can succeed. Or the ones who do no meme diet.

So what ACTUALLY connects the success stories isn’t magical hormones or being “born this way” or sugar making you a slave. It’s all a metric ton of fat logic copes to transfer your agency and responsibilities to an outside force. God forbid it was you that dug the very pit you then had to get out of.
>>
>>61316901
You use so many words to say nothing at all.
>>
>>61316378
I drink cola all everyday and lose weight what now?
>>
>>61316461
why do you think 130lb men exist? they just arent hungry.
>>
>>61316774
>Accounting for biology like hunger and satiety
So when i'm hungry I'm actually gaining weight even if I don't eat? I don't understand could you elaborate?
>>
>>61316200
100% correct. Best post in thread easily.
>>
>>61315049
Squat obviously
>>
>>61317066
HOW WAHT DO YOU DO
EXPLAIN
>>
>>61317193
>drink cola to every meal
>eat lots of meat and veggies
>train hard
It's that easy you can literally eat whatever you want as long as you train hard
>>
>>61317230
I do this and I get a really poorly tummy
>>
>>61317315
you're not training hard enough or you're not drinking enough cola. Insulin is the most anabolic hormone gotta keep it high 24/7.
>>
File: 51D24bk8uAL.jpg (49 KB, 375x500)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
20 rep squats. Don't ask me why, that's just the way it is. 20 rep squats are THE silver bullet workout.

Here is the routine, done on a AxAxAxx basis:
1x20 rep squats superset with 1x20 dumbbell pulovers
3x12 bench press
3x12 press behind the neck
3x15 bent over rows
1x15 stiff legged deadlifts
>>
>>61316200
To add to this, overeating is a habit which builds over time. If you eat to the point of discomfort, the next time you can eat more. It’s a natural adaptation to a high-calorie environment, and the best thing you can do is to control yourself and your habits to not feed into this cycle.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.