[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CICO.png (267 KB, 596x437)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>Who is /fat/ for?
For fancy tubsters who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.
This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss

>What do I do first?
1. Read the /fit/ sticky
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE
https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or you will inevitably get a way too high TDEE.
4. Plan your weight loss week by week
https://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer.
Don't listen to memes, either of these are fine based on what you need
https://www.myfitnesspal.com(betterfor packaged food)
https://www.cronometer.com(better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

>Now what do I do?
Count calories, all of them.
Calculate your TDEE at sedentary
Eat about 500 less calories than your TDEE
Buy scales, be accurate in your measurements
Learn how to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal body weight.
Do cardio. Even if its just walking, cardio will improve your health which is sorely needed. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can off set the risks.
Lift weights. This will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat. You don't want this.
Drink more water
Post your height and weight when asking for advice

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
Eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
Drink your calories. Alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

Formely >>60799413
>>
File: body.jpg (336 KB, 1074x1106)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>60819253
reposting my pics because i want advice
>>
Is mince meat processed?
>>
File: skin.jpg (188 KB, 1230x457)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>60819279
skin
>>
lowest day ever, at which point does it become anorexia?
>>
>>60819291
>>60819279
Book in with the doc and get it chopped off. 2kg right there.
>>
>>60819296
Anorexia just means no apetite. 800kcal is doable as a crash diet, but how much protein are you getting there? You could spare more protein within those 800kcal and cut out some fat.
>>
>>60819279
What kind of advice? The lose skin? Not much you can do about it except >>60819309
That amount can't really be lost naturally in a reasonable amount of time
>>
>>60819279
Again, go to a doc. Only way to remove it, is to go under the knife. He might suggest you to lose more, but that's between you and your doctor. 4chan doesn't remove loose skin.
>>
>>60819279
supposed body fat
>>
>>60819309
>>60819340
i know i'll need to get surgery, what i want to know is if the body fat calculator is accurate and if i need to lose more weight
i was thinking of stopping at 84-85 kgs
>>
>>60819289
Mince will often have added fat or be comprised of high fat off-cuts. Extra lean mince or leaner cuts are preferable, but IIFYM. Normal mince will primarily be a fat componant of your macro budget.
>>
>>60819399
You're on the edge I think, the subcutanous fat on your loose skin will skew it. DEXA scan might be useful if you really want to know where you're at. Comparing muscle definition and seperation on your arms to reference pics might be a better guide to your real leaness.
>>
Bros why do stairs absolutely kill me? I'm fine walking for long time, doing tough labor, cycling in rough and uneven terrain etc, but fucking stairs.
>>
>>60819474
so i may be already at my goal? i guess i should have gone to the doctor already, at least to start planning
>>
>>60820041
What does the calculator say if you removed 2kg of skin weight but kept the same measurements?
>>
>>60820266
like this? the body fat% doesn't really move when changing only weight
>>
>>60819296
>Implying you can still perform and don’t feel shit on a sub 1000 kcal diet
wtf are you doing anon
>>
Ugh I’m down almost 110 pounds and I’m still fat as shit, I hate that this takes so long.
>>
>>60820572
it needs to, you cannot change a lifetime of bad decisions in one week
>>
OP the body fat calculator link is broken
needs to be changed in next one
>>
After losing a good amount of weight I want to try the protein powder pill. I was also thinking about OMAD. Does a protein shake count towards your meal? Like could I have a protein shake in the morning, and a large 1200 calorie meal for dinner? Or would they have to be at the same time. Main reason is that I hit the gym in the morning.
>>
>>60820761
They are inserted calories, i would count it as a meal
>>
>>60819279
Congratulations on getting the weight off, king. You should be proud of yourself.
>>
>>60820791
Damn, maybe ill have my meal around midday, wait a few hours then hit the gym instead.
>>
>>60819279
I can tell from your skin that you've done great work on shedding weight, so good job. I agree with the others, get it chopped.
>>
>>60819279
Gj on your weight loss anon. Time to get the chop and think about bulking that chest after.
>>
>>60819253
Threadly reminder that calorie counting is a hoax invented by sugar advertisers.

It's not a real weight loss strategy. It doesn't work.
>>
>>60820820
why do you need to take the protein powder before the gym?
>>
>>60820855
I was under the impression its better to eat before the gym for no energy. Also keep in mind I have no idea what im talking about
>>
>>60820843
Have you ever gorged yourself on chili to the point that you're full?
>>
>>60820843
God I wish we had ads today like they had in the 50s. Everything was weird but extremely genuine. No irony, no meta-humor. Just mascots, bright colors, and stupid jingles and slogans.
>>
>>60820884
>only propaganda and misinformation
Yeah what an amazing time
Retard
>>
>>60820884
grubhub has the ad for you bro
>>
>>60820812
>>60820826
>>60820842
thank you guys
the doctor that got me started on my diet is also a plastic surgeon so i'll check back with him as soon as i can
>>
Reminder that intuitive eating is not a viable weight loss strategy, keto or not, and you must weigh your food, plan your diet, and count your calories, to be at a consistent caloric decifit neccessary for sustained weight loss.
>>
File: muhcaloricdeficit.png (253 KB, 879x831)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>60819253
I thought OP's picture looked familiar.

Good article. Worth a read. Pretty humiliating for OP to have posted that picture.

https://thefastingmethod.com/evidence-caloric-restriction/
>>
>>60820843
Back to tumblr intuitive eating shill.
>>
>>60819253
Bought a football to motivate me to do more cardio. Gonna learn dribbling/juggling etc. Started walking recently and it really clears your head. Also ran a little bit a couple of days ago and it made me sleep a lot better. It's one thing to read about the benefits, it's another thing entirely to feel it for yourself. Immediately when I finished running and was taking a shower I could breathe easier. People that say cardio is a waste of time are morons
>>
>>60820884
>Everything was weird but extremely genuine
Genuine?
>>
>>60820843
Intuitive eating is not a viable weight loss strategy.
>>
>Americans think there's such thing as genuine advertising
>>
File: low-carb-vs-low-fat-2.png (97 KB, 779x657)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>60820943
>you must weigh your food, plan your diet, and count your calories
Not only is this wrong, it's completely opposite of the truth. An outright lie.

Counting calories is less effective than eating unlimited calories on a low-carb diet.
>>
>>60820913
You stupid fucking gorilla do you think we are living in a freer age of information by comparison?

The only real truth you can experience is process and result based from your own perspective.
>>
>>60820992
Back you go
https://www.reddit.com/r/intuitiveeating/
>>
>>60820997
Yes we objectively do. inb4 schizopol ramblings
>>
>Keto Intuitive Eating
>>
>>60820992
>unlimited calories on a low carb diet
Bitch, those calories aren't going to disappear, they have to end up somewhere.
>>
File: 1602063076691.jpg (51 KB, 600x467)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>60820947
>The first law of Thermodynamics is always true, but completely irrelevant to the human health.But if you eat more Calories, you will burn more calories. If you eat less calories, you will burn less. So there is no overall change in body fatness.

What kind of shitty pseudoscience is this?
>>
>>60821011
You definitely should go back to your subreddit.
>>
>intuitive eating works if it's keto
>>
>>60819289
No, minced meat is not processed any more than cutting a chicken into strips or chopping an onion. You could also claim ANY meat is processed by that logic because its gone through the process of butchery.
It would be processed if they included other ingredients, often store hamburgers and such have additives.
>>
File: Capture.png (9 KB, 320x269)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>60821004
Do you think this is some sort of clever insult? I advocate low-carb diets for weight loss.

This subreddit seems more in line with your beliefs: another ideology that tells people it's okay to drink Coca-Cola and eat processed food.
>>
>just listen to your body and intuitively eat proteins and fats
>>
>>60820966
Genuine as in it lacked irony. Advertisements today make you very aware that the advertising dept knows that ads don't do shit. Ads back then were advertisements, not meta jokes on the state of consumption.
>>
>i call it keto intuition
>your body just knows how much to eat if it's fat and protein
>>
>>60821117
>just eat spoons full of sugar instead of eggs
>because calories
This is your brain on sugar advertising.
>>
>>60821113
Intuitive eating shill
>>
>>60821147
If it makes me lose weight, how is it wrong?
>>
>KETO
>INTUITIVE
>EATING
>>
File: when-you-eat-carbs.jpg (1.75 MB, 1920x4320)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>60821163
You need to stop eating carbs. You're an addict.
>>
>>60820947
A terrible article that reads like it was written by a teenager.

> CICO does not work and bad! Buy our CICO program.

Fasting-shills need to stop drinking their shitty salted water and actually try and build a sustainable relationship with food.
>>
>CARBS == SUGAR
>IF YOU DONT EAT KETO, YOU MUST ONLY EAT SUGAR
>ALL CARB FOOD I KNOW IS SUGAR
>>
>>60821147
Keto intuitive eating is not a viable weight loss strategy, back to tumblr and reddit.
>>
>>60821185
Keto intuitive eating is not a weight loss strategy. Feel good tumblr escapism from the reality of caloric restriction and planning.
>>
>most unhealthy food on the planet
>>
>>60820726
find a working calculator and you create the next thread then
>>
File: CRaP1-300x261.jpg (16 KB, 300x261)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>60821044
CICO/"energy balance" is pseudoscience. You have the mistaken impression that it's legitimate because sugar sellers have spent over half a century telling people that sugar isn't fattening.

In randomized controlled trials CICO has consistently failed. Anyone who is scientifically minded needs to reconcile with this fact. CICO is absolutely disproven by the scientific evidence.
>>
>>60821185
You have never been fat.
>>
>>60821242
>sugar sellers have spent over half a century telling people that sugar isn't fattening
Who the fuck thinks sugar isn't fattening? It's a well established fact everywhere in the world that sugar makes you fat, you will have to search far and fucking wide to find someone who thinks it isn't, even the most delusional tubby tumblerina fat acceptance beast will recognize that sugar fattens you.

Don't be a cocksucking faggot.
>>
>>60821242
>actual doctors are sugar sellers and are biased
>let me use their own studies to prove how they are sugar sellers
maybe they know something more than you who just read the glossary?
>>
>>60821248
I was fat my whole life until I figured out that calorie counting was a fraud. If you just eat healthy food you'll be a healthy weight.

I stopped calorie counting and stopped eating carbs. This resulted in me reaching my goal weight and staying lean for the first time ever.

I eat delicious food. I am never hungry. I eat carbs whenever I feel like it, but most carb foods are just worthless filler so I only end up having occasional treats. This Christmas I made (and ate) a lot of fudge.

The second best thing about it (next to the fact that it actually works) is that I don't have to measure and track everything I eat in a diary. That is a severe mental illness. Calorie counting is a very unhealthy lifestyle.
>>
>>60821348
post body
>>
>>60821305
>Who the fuck thinks sugar isn't fattening?
Just look at the OP: >>60819253

He's probably not joking. He actually thinks weight loss is all about calories. You can also see various other posters chimping out at the suggestion that sugar is fattening.
>>
>>60821348
you keep conflating "health" and "weight loss"

to you healthy food = food that makes you lose weight. bad food = weight gain food. this is a pretty retarded take, there's more to health than weight/fat gain/loss
>>
Is this going to be the keto thread now? Asking because at this rate I might as well stop clicking on it.
>>
>>60821408
Just filter him. It's not like he has anything new to say.
>>
>>60821397
if i lose weight by eating sugar, is it not weight loss?
>>
File: v82dot60unv31.jpg (209 KB, 640x640)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>60821398
>you keep conflating "health" and "weight loss"
No I don't. Fat people aren't healthy. If you are healthy, you cannot be fat.

You can lose weight unhealthily. For example veganism or plant-based diets will result in major weight loss. They also will result in muscle loss, bone density loss, and brain damage due to nutrient deficiency.

Animal-based ketogenic diets make people healthy and this results in them being a healthy weight. Overweight people lose weight on low-carb, but an underweight person (e.g. a recovering anorexic) would gain healthy weight.
>>
>>60821417

How do I do it from android?
>>
>>60821420
If you lose weight eating sugar you will destroy your metabolism. This results in weight regain.
>>
>>60821452
No idea
>>
>>60821462
Oh no, i ate too much strawberries, i ruined my metabolism
>>
>intuitive eating, but keto
>>
File: low-carb-vs-low-fat-4.png (89 KB, 772x719)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>60821486
You definitely need to stop eating carbs.

Avoiding carbs on an ad libitum (unlimited calorie) diet results in greater weight loss than calorie counting.

"Intuitive eating" and "CICO" are the same fatty cope. They just can't stop eating sugary treats. Intuitive eaters accept that they will always be fat eating that way whereas CICO cultists think they will end up lean if they just log everything in a diary. Nevertheless the same addiction underpins both ideologies. They are just trying to rationalize their disgusting self-harming carb habits.
>>
>>60821556
I eat carbs. A lot of carbs and lose weight consistently and look good. Stay mad.
>>
>>60821556
I ate eggs and nutella for breakfast, and am losing weight fast

keep seething ketofag
>>
>>60821645
>Stay mad.
Mad? If what you say is true I'm very happy for you.

I suspect it's not true judging by your attitude. You seem emotionally distressed.
>>
>>60821657
Let's see that nutella-built physique.
>>
>>60821680
here you go, now your turn ketoshill
>>
>>60821722
>no timestamp
>>
>keto makes your body guess the right food intake, i call it keto intuition
>>
>all you need is keto and the magic of intuitive eating takes over
>>
>when your body is in keto, you just stop being hungry
>>
File: low-carb-vs-low-fat-6.png (72 KB, 772x659)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>60821735
>>60821754
Unlimited calorie low-carb diets result in more weight loss than calorie restricted alternative diets.

>>60821763
Yes.
>>
>>60821776
post keto body
>>
>>60819253
Jesus fuck why does something as simple as coffee have FOUR HUNDRED FUCKING Calories. My calorie goal is 1400. Jesus if I drink all of this it's like 1/3 of my calorie goal. On top of the oatmeal I'm already at 800 calories. I guess I'm skipping lunch today
>>
>>60819253
Hey /fat/, just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and motivation in those threads. I'm getting close to my goals, still flabby with shit ass fat distribution but I'm getting there.
I believe in all of you fatty bros.
>>
>>60819279
clean your fucking mirror my guy
>>
>>60822029
plain coffee has no calories, unless you mean instant coffee
>>
>>60822029

What fucking coffee is that?
>>
>>60821055
No idea what that is
>>
>>60819253
Just realised I'm skinnyfat and need to do something about it. I want to try StrongLifts but I'm not confident with squats at all, and I feel uneasy doing deadlifts in the gym as a DYEL.
>>
>>60822029
stop putting butter in coffee
>>
>>60822194

Then build up with a dumbbell routine
>>
File: 1515803427867.jpg (255 KB, 600x466)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>60821044

>thermodynamics

What happens commonly to people on CICO 1500 restricted? They plateau after a while and weight loss stops. Why does this happen despite low IQ appeals to "thermodynamics"?

>the body controls energy expenditure and mediates it based on stimulus or inputs
>chronic long term hypocaloric dietary state will elicit a famine based physiological response
>body will restrict energy expenditure by down regulating physiology to match energy input to survive

Guess what the body uses to control energy expenditure in physiology? A hormonal system to control blood sugar homeostasis, ie energy expenditure.

>Do the individual marcos have an effect on energy expenditure, how about when combined?

Fat and carbs are the two primary energetic sub-strait in body. The body does not like to hybridize their use from diet because of the negative effects on blood sugar which cause a hypocaloric energy expenditure state but also trigger hunger rather quickly after such a mixed macro meal.

This is why low-carb high fat or high-carb low fat works best for expenditure in normal population, because that energy output is consistent without the down side of hypocaloric states elicited from mixed macro diets which are fat storing.

CICO is pseudo science in the field of human healthy because on top of thermodynamics there is human physiology which controls energy expenditure in response to environmental inputs you research illiterate faggot.
>>
>>60822338
I know machines are frowned upon but are they alright to use to just get started and get used to going to the gym and moving around?
>>
>>60822029
>why does something as simple as coffee have FOUR HUNDRED FUCKING Calories.

It doesn't. Stop pouring an entire jar of sugar into it.
>>
File: 20210203_025924.jpg (25 KB, 566x321)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>lost 4kg this last month
>>
>>60822428
Good post but you're wasting your time arguing with biology-deniers.

They didn't form their opinion based on logic, so you can't change their opinion with logic. The only thing that will change their mind is a superbowl commercial telling them that the Coca-Cola superbowl commercial about calories was actually wrong.

They just believe whatever has the largest advertising budget behind it.
>>
File: 1617816003551s.jpg (7 KB, 250x212)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Finally got past my 2 weeks plateau for no apparent reason at all, weight going down faster than ever dreamed of
>>
File: 1591547312581.jpg (68 KB, 1063x948)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
tfw quitting alcohol by becoming a chain smoker and drinking coffee.
>>
>>60821408
Ketofag should adopt a trip so we can go on about our business.
>>
File: budget.jpg (59 KB, 800x533)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
alright bros.. please provide any meals you enjoy, preferably to meal prep. low carb, low cal, no meat, all meat, whatever. I find that when I structure out my week with meals I succeed, but lately I haven't been doing so. I've also been eating the same two meals for quite a while now. pic related, my girl Beth from budgetbytes.com
>>
>>60819338
>Anorexia just means no appetite
No, it means being incredibly low weight, restricting your food intake to damn near nothing, being terrified of gaining weight, and an obsession with being slender
>>
File: kinoChemex.jpg (64 KB, 940x779)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>60822533
anon I highly recommend the Chemex, at least the filters. it makes the coffee a little less bitter. I take it black now and it's so fuckin good.

separetely, I'd like to confess that I've been INCREDIBLY depressed in the last few days, and yesterday I caved and got a big pizza and wings. needless to say it was amazing, but it's fucked up my week. today is a new day, and I plan to get back on track and walk about 1.5, 2 hrs today. Overall I'm down 15 lbs since February which I'm happy with, but I've occassionaly still had these binge instances which are really hard to shake. I've even gone to therapy for it but it wasn't incredibly helpful "Anon just take a cold shower. Just do something like drink tea instead when the craving comes on". any /binge/ here know the feeling? how the fuck do you deal with these cravings? food is still my drug. it's very shameful. I'm not allowing it to control me AS MUCH (given I've lost the 15 lbs), but it's still there. I just want the cravings to go away for good - hell I'd prefer that over the actual weight loss. sometimes I feel like the cravings control my life
>>
>>60822428
So high fat, low carb is what I should be doing?

I'm not lazy with independent research but you know, I am looking for an operating basis while I cut and learn more. I've been doing the 1500 thing because I'm a fatass who wants to get my life in order as quickly and intelligently as possible.
>>
>>60822628

Quark smoothie, baked chickpeas, chicken teriyaki, spicy tuna rolls, protein gimbap, Japanese folded omelette, baked feta
>>
>>60822768
read the op image, all diets work, you just have to eat less

you can lose weight eating nothing but literal white sugar as long as you are on a calorie deficit
>>
I think I found the perfect breakfast, bros.
Chocolate taste protein, 1 scoop
Greek yogurt, 120 gr
Granola, 60 gr
Banana (1 small), cut it up
Mix scoop with yogurt, then mix with granola and then add in banana pieces. This is literally the best food ever, I was in bliss. And macros aren't that bad either!
>>
>>60819279
Collagen supplements (DYOR)

By the way you count your calories to settle into your new caloric intake, then it just feels natural to eat just enough.
>>
>>60822954
i already eat tons of protein daily though, how much of a difference would it make supplementing it directly?
>>
Been on a camping trip with my family and terrified about weighing in when I get back, because I haven't been counting. It's only a few days and we hiked at least ten miles a day though.
>>
Summary of the CICO/keto debate in this thread:

* CICO works because it has to. If you move more than you eat the energy has to come from somewhere.
* In studies, people told to eat keto and not count lost more weight than people told to count calories. This is because <garbled pseudoscience>

Yes keto works better for many people than counting, because they are faggots who don't count their food correctly. Keto radically changes your diet so it takes a while to adapt to it which creates a deficit more reliably for morons than trying to actually do it on purpose. This does not invalidate CICO.

By the way, studies also show simply telling people to eat more protein results in more weight loss than telling them to count calories.

Counting calories isn't a "lifestyle" also lol. It takes like five seconds.
>>
>>60822768

Eat a high fat, moderate protein diet with 20g or less carb in the diet. If you have an inflammatory condition like histamine reaction that number should be close to zero. Also if you're coming off a mixed macro diet transition slowly. People with no adaptions to high fat will have it rough as the body adapts for a month or two.

Over time try mixing in intermittent fasting or OMAD(one meal a day) as your body gets slowly used to a reduced or fixed window feeding periodicity. After sometime on a high fat diet stuff like fasting for accelerated weight loss is rather easy to do on high-fat low carb.

>>60822839

Doing a suboptimal weight loss diet with increased hunger signaling that often leads to failure long term because no understanding of physiology? No thanks.
>>
Oh also re: keto: the national weight control registry, which tracks people who've lost over 10% of bodyweight and kept it off for at least two years, says the majority of them did it with low fat diets.
>>
File: file.png (63 KB, 206x263)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>60823130
Well I got it recommended to me back when I was going from big fat to medium fat. Ended up with no loose skin. Supposedly supplementing collagen in proper form improves the elasticity of skin and helps it shrink down.
>>
File: GotenksOldFail (1).png (195 KB, 340x452)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>60819296
You're gonna fuck up your shit doing this. Definitely not getting enough fat for hormone production.

It's a marathon not a sprint. If you crash and burn you'll end up worse than before.

The sprint mindset is what got you fat in the first place, needing instant gratification
>>
>>60823257

"Lower carb" consistently beats out higher carb diets in studies. Additionally CICO fails its adherents massively because hypocaloric state with sugar in diet over months to years rails hunger signaling in a very negative way and its adherents are more than likely to yoyo and fail their diet. An effect which is very well understood in research.

There are ads prior to 1950s promoting weight gain for women because the ancestor never had to deal with a the saturation of mixed macro diets which shit the bed of energy expenditure.

CICO is a pseudo scientific scam because its not thermodynamics that dictates energy expenditure but human physiology where the macros each have unique effects on the body. Especially when certain macros are combined.

>try that again you research illiterate faggot
>>
>>60823281
I've been 1500-1600cal/day mostly IF & OMAD, eating at a consistent time with a carby snack in the morning. More close to 35-60g carbs/day.

A month ago I was pounding McD's and other garbage but my diet has been mostly on point as of late. Probably too low in protein because I've done the bare minimum with cooking so using eggs as a crutch.
>>
>>60819279
Get advice from a cosmetic doctor m8
>>
How do I control my hunger pains /fat/? They seem to be getting worse despite me losing weight. Shouldn't it get easier as time goes on? Maybe I need to do a big cheat meal.
>>
>>60823549
post height/weight/diet faggot
yes it should get easier, and there shouldn't be any pain at all what are you talking aboun
>>
>>60823549
You get used to your diet. Drink coffee/tea or eat stuff like pickles or your choice of low calorie snack if you feel the need to eat.
>>
>>60822741
The first most important thing to understand is that the component of food which causes binging is carbohydrate. Carbs in food are like alcohol in a drink.

The second most important thing to understand is that when you have an addiction, you can't manage that addiction by limiting consumption. The only strategy that works is avoidance.

Alcoholics can't fix their problem with an app that tracks how many drinks they have. They need to quit drinking.
>>
>>60823605
M/33/300lbs/5'8"
1500ish cals a day
Keto diet
>>
File: jf-pres.jpg (83 KB, 1024x1002)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>60822839
>read the op image
Read the article by Jason Fung which refutes the OP image: >>60820947
>>
>>60823661
american detected
>>
File: merge_from_ofoct (2).jpg (1012 KB, 1920x3240)
1012 KB
1012 KB JPG
>>60823665
Make sure you're getting enough dietary fat. Protein satiety maxes out at 30% of intake. Fat is most satiating. 1:1 protein to fat by weight is a perfect ratio.

Additionally you can just eat more as long as you avoid carbs. Calorie restriction isn't necessary. Eating to satiety works if you're eating saturated fat and protein without carbs or vegetable oils.
>>
>>60822106
3 creamer 3 sugar coffee from Tim's. I usually drink tea or instant coffee with regular 2% milk but this was bought by someone else for me
>>
>>60823735
based knower
>>
File: 2.jpg (53 KB, 750x767)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Any 6'2" or taller fatsos here that also had some background in powerlifting before skyrocketing thanks to the coof?

I was reasonably close to a natty 1/2/3/4 two years ago at 260lb and now I'm 320lb, while starting TRT. Yeah, I know TRT will equate to weight gain, but hopefully moreso in the form of muscle as I've started working out again, and before I start a serious cut (I've done keto and IF respectively before with moderate success).

Was just wondering if someone else had a similar story and what worked for them in the long run.
>>
>>60823806
Nothing you said makes any sense at all. Covid and trt should make you lose weight. And how the fuck are you not doing 2/3/4/5 at 260+ bw?
>>
What should i do if i am doing keto but want to lose weight faster?
>>
I've completely stopped eating 2 weeks ago. I only take vitamin supplements and 800mg of caffeine.
How do I make this shit go faster? I take half-hour walks every day outside.
>>
File: EZfNoUyUEAAhncD.png (624 KB, 920x505)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
>>60823880
I just started TRT two weeks ago, and haven't lifted since before the coof. Had to move across the country to start a new job literally right before the lockdowns and had no gym, but now I'm part of /homegym/ now. Previous knee injury kept my squat fairly low. I'm 34 y/o.
>>
File: 1553363550348.jpg (19 KB, 419x249)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>Starting Date
Jan 7th
>Starting Weight
124Kg
>Current Weight
105Kg
Feels good, I had a few bad days this past month because life has been rough, was scared I would fail again but managed to keep it rolling. Gonna take it easy from here so my anxiety doesn't ruin it and hopefully break that 100Kg line in a few months.
Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>60824034
ygmi brotha
>>
File: 1610644710036.jpg (97 KB, 500x645)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>60823958
Also, fwiw, I'm talking about 1/2/3/4 for reps. If you're thinking of 1/2/3/4 as a 1RM, then sure, I was easily 1/2/3/4.
>>
>>60824000
Make sure you aren’t developing an unhealthy relationship with food.
>>
>>60824127
>>60823958
Meant to quote this guy >>60823880
but to answer your question: intermittent fasting.
>>
>>60824000

Walk m0ar

I'm assuming you're obese right?
>>
File: 1580448857739.png (1.3 MB, 1272x1336)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>60824034
Almost my starting weight, I'm at 116kg currently. Also hopeful to break 100kg mark soon. WAGMI.
>>
Morning fats, day 4 back on the cut. Want to lose 30-40 lb by November. WAGMI.
>>
>>60824034
what's your routine?
>>
>>60820843
CICO is legit, but sugar simply makes you hungrier later, thus making CICO harder.
But apparently this place is either filled with idiots, shills or coping fatties(both).
>>
>>60821120
>Advertisements today make you very aware that the advertising dept knows that ads don't do shit.
I wonder why millions are spent on marketing, then.
>>
>>60822741
(1/2)
I know what you're going through anon, I deal with emotional binges as well. The way I am currently dealing with my binges is based on the advice they give smokers: change your brand of cigarettes to make smoking less pleasurable. I generally binge due to stress or depressive type feelings. I crave high-fat/high-salt foods and generally binge until I cannot eat any more. I always keep a bunch of veggies on hand now, and none of the food I generally like to binge. No chips in the house, no frozen chicken or pizza. Don't make the binge easy. I allocate a certain amount of money to spend on food each week, and if I have spent most of that at a grocery store, then I don't have it to spend on take-out. For whatever reason, I find it harder to break my spending rules than my eating rules. Now, when I get a craving that I cannot shake off with distractions here is my routine:
1. Drink a full glass of water. This immediately puts something in my stomach, and sometimes the sloshing mimics the feeling of fullness.
2. Pull out a mix of vegetables and start cutting them into even, bite-sized pieces. Work on getting the bits as uniform as possible. It gives a task to focus on, rather than the bad feeling triggering the binge. Binges come from feeling out of control, so assert control of a very tiny space: your cutting board. If I feel in control of the space, it takes away from the chaos of an impending binge. Make a whole bowl full of them.
3. Get some garlic at least, and whatever aromatics you like: herbs/ginger etc. Cut them into a paste, or as close as you can get. Strong smells help with mood, and lots of fresh scents can make me less interested in pizza.
>>
>>60822741
(2/2)
4. I crave grease and salt in my binges. I will keep bacon grease from my family's breakfasts in the fridge. Melt a tablespoon in a big frying pan or wok if you have it. Saute the veggies in the fat until crisp-tender. Add some onions sauce at the end for more salt.
5. Eat as many veggies as you need to feel full. I find that I do not eat as much as I would if it were pizza, and what I do eat is still low calorie. Also, the uncomfortable feeling doesn't seem to last as long.
Maybe I'm just substituting another unhealthy behavior, but I'm already obsessive about food. I have now started this process and treat it as almost ritual. I find chopping the veggies a bit meditative now. I've done this for a few months, and I am at a point where I can use my cutting time to examine why I really want to stuff myself. Sometimes I feel ok before cooking everything up, so I put it all away as meal prep for something else. I don't know if this is of any use to you, or if my head is even stranger than your own, but if you are desperate, then give this a try. It has definitely helped me deal with my binge tendencies without sabotaging my diet.
Thanks for reading my blog post.
>>
>>60819253
Newbie question that doesn’t deserve it’s own thread:
I’m not that smart so I’m just trying to make my diet change as simple as possible. Is it safe to say I’ll lose weight and see results if I (1) completely cut out soda and stick to milk/water, (2) completely cut out fast food and chips, and (3) work out 6/7 days a week?
I just want to drop like 10-15 pounds to eliminate this stomach fat and im learning how to cook proper meals at home to replace fast food (baked chicken or fish with greens on the side, maybe pasta once a week).
Work outs consist of lifting and hiit-style cardio on the treadmill.
Also, how long might it take to see a difference?
>>
File: 1491235433707.png (35 KB, 765x758)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>terrible, uncontrollable urge to eat chocolate/junk food when It's available
>binge hard. Inhale literally everything in sight
>enter an almost trance state where I don't realise the reality of what I did until afterwards
I have a fucking terrible relationship with food. There's something wrong with me, I physically can't stop myself until it's too late and then my brain says "well you already fucked up, so go ahead you worthless retard, you're already far over your calories for today" and it snowballs
I know 1000% I need to take responsibility for my own behaviour. I don't know how to stop myself. I deliberately only take enough cash to buy my healthy groceries now, and don't go to the store for anything else anymore. I live with my family and I can't tell them not to bring that shit into the house, but it takes an insane amount of willpower on my end to stop my fat fucking hands from grabbing everything in sight. When my family gets a takeaway my brain is screaming that it wants some too. I feel like a crack addict. It's like there's a void in me only momentarily filled by gorging on food.

I hate myself. I just want to be alive. I've already lost so much of my life to this.
>>
>>60823769
throw it away, they're slowly trying to kill u
>>
>>60824910
>Also, how long might it take to see a difference?
20-30 lb to see a difference, but you'll feel it befre then. As for whether you'll lose weight, just count your calories and don't go over your TDEE. Doesn't matter what you eat.
>>
>>60824201
I'm like 140kg at 185cm
>>
>>60824920
You may need to talk to a therapist anon. You are clearly addicted to food, and that addiction had to start somewhere. Figure out why you binge (stress/loneliness/sadness) and then you need to find a better way to deal with the problem. It will not be easy I'm sorry to say, but it is your only path forward.
>>
>>60824910
Read sticky, water only, nutrition > fitness for cutting.
>>
>>60824920
The addiction goes away after you abstain from carbs for a while. I used to struggle to not buy pastries and candies at the grocery store but now they don't seem appealing to me at all.
>>
>>60824920

Stop eating
Stop eating
Stop eating
>>
>>60825064
>>60825112
Thank you anons. I think Therapy would be a good option, especially if they have experience with food addiction specifically. I'll see if anyone would be open, though I'd be very nervous. And I will look into eating a lot less carbs, I suppose they do take up most of my diet when I think about it, even when I'm trying to be healthy and calorie count I still eat a lot of rice and bread in proportion to everything else. I have a big problem with bread and candy in particular.
>>
>>60825108
Black coffee's good too. Negligible calories, natural laxative and appetite suppressant.
>>
>>60819253
What's a good "natural" laxative (something I could buy at a small grocery store)? I was doing keto with some low fasting and ate carbs for easter, now have the liquid shits. I just want them out at once instead going every half hour
>>
>>60825294
Will fuck your teeth unless you want to be extra vain and go rinse after every cup.
>>
>>60819289
All fresh meat has some preservatives in it. To keep water in to sell you.
Dry cured meat is obviously processed.
>>
>>60825416
No arguments here, but it's way less destructive to teeth than soda or energy drinks.
>>
>>60825383

Soaked chia seeds and flaxseed. Add some probiotics like kefir, greek yogurt and pickles as you might have fucked up your bioma.
>>
Just cycled for 4 hours, went on a long journey around the city.
>>
>>60819279
Damn, how much did you weigh?
That's a lot of loose skin.
>>
File: 2w1dzajom9q61.jpg (98 KB, 750x727)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>doing 20/4 for 2 weeks
>drink only water and coffee
>still lightheaded
when will it stop bros?
>>
>>60825416
If you get used, you can water down black coffee, making a weak tea from it.
>>
>>60824034
>same starting date
>4kg bigger starting weight
>4kg bigger current weight
holy shit when i read this is felt even happier that somebody is going through the same struggle
WAGMI
What's your height and bf%?
>>
>>60824920
>terrible, uncontrollable urge to eat chocolate/junk food when It's available
>urge to eat chocolate/junk food when It's available
>when It's available
>available
fucking make it unavailable then, don't buy garbage food
if you have a pantry full of garbage throw it out immediately.
if you have domino's on speed dial throw your fucking phone away
>>
This is a fatbrain question, but are there any foods that consume more calories to digest?
>>
>>60820992
Because carby foods are Generally way more calorie dense than fatty foods
>>
>>60826592
Not more than the food provides but yes things like nuts or fibrous veggies take more calories to consume than a piece of bread
>>
File: 1599335800591.jpg (44 KB, 640x689)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>60826103
177cm
30% If I'm right. Glad to hear we are making progress!
>>60824491
I have yet to keep the habit of daily exercise and when I do is barely anything honestly just cardio by >playing videogames.
Usually 1 to 2 hours of beat saber in which I move my entire body because I enjoy the idea of dancing, or 1 hour of ddr which I play without a bar.
So yeah, that and OMAD which I adapted to it pretty fast
>>60824337
>>60824123
wagmi friends
>>
>>60826946
Almost my height exactly too, damn.
>>
>>60819279
>>60819291
You should have the surgeon remove your nipples for that ken doll look.
>>
>>60826742
Wilco. Reject bread, embrace the nut tradition.
>>
Bros I believe in you all, we’re on a journey of improvement, if you trip and fall down, get back up immediately
>>
>>60819279
Get some Windex and clean that mirror
>>
>>60820855
If I don’t get protein before I hit the gym and work hard, then I crash within 30 min. of finishing at the gym. It’s either that or I need to get electrolytes and glucose in me soon afterwards. I’d rather prevent such a crash than deal with it afterwards. Driving home afterwards can be like driving drunk.
>>
>>60825702
went from 134kgs to 87
>>
>>60826655

Maybe if by fatty you mean high protein, moderate fat?
>>
>>60822077
>>60827390
it'll get dirty again anyway, also the camera makes it look worse than it is
>>
>>60827103
do girls like that?
>>
File: 20210318_223242.jpg (101 KB, 720x788)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
I feel really shit guys

I'm pretty sure I have gyno. My man tits look like they belong on a guy with a gut twice the size of mine. I lose about 12-14lbs in the past month and a half but all it has done was make it more obvious I have a bad case of gyno. I probably should have been exercising more. So I've gone back to a more normal diet, eating at maintenance but I still keep carbs to 20g or less a day, I've also been doing some calisthenics and cardio

Idk what to do. I'm panicking that the changes I've made have somehow made things worse, now I'm freaking out about every little thing in my life. This fucking sucks man, I was never even close to being obese and I have the most pathetic looking body

what do i do?
>>
>>60827570

Lift anon, lift
>>
>>60827662
Gyms are closed. It's okay, I can go to a calisthenics gym so I can do dips, pull ups and rows, all of that shit. I can also do cardio ofc

I really think the calorie restrictions made things worse. I was too tired to exercise on 1000-1200 calories a day
>>
>>60827711

Gyms are closed here as well anon, can you get some basic dumbbells? Not saying calisthenics aren't good but there are days one is just not in the mood to go to the gym but still can be arsed to lift home.
>>
>>60819253
Can't get rid of this fucking childhood fat
>>
>>60827780
lose more weight, also nice tits.
>>
>>60827744
I can still do calisthenics at home, I just won't be able to do pull ups. maybe I could get some dumbells too
>>
Stalled for 2 weeks. Have lost 7 pounds over next two weeks.
Is this consistency at work?
>>
>>60827780
Post tits.
>>
>>60827812
What's my body fat % ?
>>
File: ProgressCapture3.png (58 KB, 668x674)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>60827827
It happens. Just keep it up and it WILL show results eventually.
>>
>>60827521
Oh man, i'm at 136kg, I really hope I don't have to undergo surgery.
>>
>>60819279
>>60819291
Post calves
>>
>>60820913
Like that shit changed.
Back then it was like "fat bad, eat sugar instead".
Now you get "fat AND sugar bad, have artificial sweeteners that give you gyno"
>>
>>60827841
Kys
>>
>>60827346
I weigh in tomorrow, and I’m not certain at all Imm gonna have lost any weight. He’ll, I might’ve gained a pound. But I’m not going to be unhappy about it, because I just found out last night I can deadlift 290. I can lift more than I weigh, which feels fucking great, and opposite of where I was when I started.
>>
>>60822037
same bro, good luck. I have already lost nearly 20 pounds. I feel good. you got this, brother.
>>
>frozen veggie meal kit substitutes for carb-rich and/or grain-made foods

Holy shit they're actually good. As in, they're actually serviceable replacements for pasta, rice, etc
>>
File: 1430177302117.png (18 KB, 350x450)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>lost 18 pounds over the last two months
>>
>>60819253
>/fat/
>all posts are on imperial standard
fucking kek
>>
>>60828573
Fish don't like empty hooks, anon.
>>
File: 20210408_122642.jpg (2.5 MB, 3012x3337)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
My boss brings in a box of these every other morning I shit you not

I can't even get mad at him because he's 70 year old and a really nice guy
>>
>>60828708
imagine growing up in a time when you could basically eat whatever you wanted because people were rarely sedentary for extended periods of time.
I live in the American south and I have an older coworker that still drinks an RC Cola and a Moonpie for lunch on most days.
>>
I just started dieting and I simply can't stomach plain oatmeal. The taste just makes me want to vomit, even if it's dressed up with fruit and cinnamon. Is the lower-sugar version of Quaker oatmeal really so bad?
>>
>all I've eaten today so far is a turkey sandwich with some carrots, celery, and a banana
>comes to about 400 cals
>don't feel hungry at all
What do?
>>
>>60829027
if you're not hungry then don't eat
>>
>>60821030
Normally you just shit them out. Digestive tracts aren't nuclear reactors. Carbohydrates can be easily broken into simple sugars through fast enzymes and immediately absorbed while fat is very inert and takes bile and time to break down into a form you can absorb so you can't get all of it if that's all you're eating.
>>
File: index.jpg (3.44 MB, 1380x2082)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
>>60820843
Calorie counting originates in fad diets from the 1920s you doofus, women wanted to be full skelly mode so they could wear flapper dresses
>>
>>60819428
Ground beef?
>>
>>60820028
Horsepower...moving weight against gravity at a normal walking pace can be torture for us fatfucks.
>>
>>60824594
Bro, nothing wrong with a little refined sugar if your metabolism is crashing or you are about to exercise. It's actually great if you want to stave off a binge or go hard on the elliptical.
It's all tools and different methods that you have to navigate to find what works for you, which is especially important for a group of mentally and physically damaged outcasts that rely on eating as a coping mechanism. Your methods mean fuck all here if they don't work for this specific class of people. Which is the real linchpin of the CICO vs. KETO argument.
>>
>>60819296
it is better to not eat for a day then eat a proper meal the next, than to eat at such a caloric deficit
>>
been eating low carb for a while, but yesterday I ate nothing but a couple chocolate cupcakes (1000+ calories of pure sugar)
I felt sick a few hours afterwards and haven't been hungry since
should I wait for my appetite to return, or try to eat something?
>>
>>60830046
If you're not hungry don't eat.
>>
>>60820997
I'm also schizophrenic you know I'm on haloperidol and all this shit stopped, you should try it.
>>
>>60819296
based org-mode user
>>
>>60822431
I think they're great, it's less intimidating to use and generally you're left alone so go for it!
>>
177cm, 105kg female, I have binge eating problems after developing PTSD following a near murder attempt and years of my mother abusing me. Eating was and is my only comfort and recently things got bad so I just went from 55kg to nearly twice my weight. I can't trust myself to have any food in the house, I've meal prepped and just ate it all. Now I've emptied my fridge, there's just pickles, apples and oranges in it. Hired a meal plan service to send me prepped meals daily that will put me at 1000-1200kcal daily. High protein meals and I'm taking fish oil, multivitamin and minerals. Going to start drinking only green tea or this yerba mate stuff I saw people mentioning. Going to add collagen powder to my drinks and hydrate more. I feel now that I've paid for 12 weeks meal prep it's going to go better. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, had to be to avoid getting beatings so having started this thing feels more serious, almost like homework. I'm better at performing as I'm told than coming up with things myself. Once I'm used to the hunger and portion sizes I'm going to start couch to 5k to gain some stamina. My mother kept me sitting at my desk studying so much that I could never walk much, so I'm going to try fixing it. Wish me luck, I'm really scared and nervous.
>>
>eat 4 lean pork patties that my dad had in the freezer
>didn't weight beforehand so weigh other 4 frozen patties he has
>365g for all 4
>turns out to be like 1350 calories and 80g protein

Wtf is this right?
>>
File: 1617658534514.jpg (35 KB, 500x416)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>60830761
You got this
>>
>>60830761
Good luck, I guess. Wanna tell us about the murder attempt? Sounds interesting.
>>
>Something crazy happened
>Stuck at around 238 for about 3 weeks
>Woke up and weighed myself this morning like usual
>233
ITIGMI
>>
File: 1605166327163.png (752 KB, 900x750)
752 KB
752 KB PNG
>>60830761
>I'm really scared
Be scared of what will happen if you don't do it.
Diabetes, auto-inmune diseases, heart problems, weak inmune system which is specially bad with corona around.

>>60830872
If you are talking about typical burger patty like pic related, then yes, these tend to have way more calories than your average piece of meat.
>>
I've been stalling all week
>>
>>60829652
It's not a fad if it's still going on 100 years later.
>>
>>60831152
Time to pick it up
Discipline > motivation
It's not about being comfortable
You have to be uncomfortable to progress in anything
Right now you're uncomfortable and not progressing, that's even worse
You'd rather be uncomfortable and progressing
Choice is ultimately yours
>>
>>60826592
I guess celery and cucumber, water too
>>
>>60826592
Ice cubes
>>
I overfed my dog and in 3 months he went from 38 to 46 lbs. My plan is to take him on 3 mile runs every day and an easy 30 minute walk on the off days. Also I will be cutting his food from 2 cups to 1 cup per day. Should I ease into it at all?
>>
>>60821408
I hope not but people have to STOP replying to the ketofag. he shits up the thread and retards allow him to continue.
>>
>>60831407
Nah, just feed him around the end of the day so he doesn't bother you while sleeping due to hunger.
>>
File: OvereatingWeightGain.png (571 KB, 1280x720)
571 KB
571 KB PNG
>>60819253
>CICO
>>
>>60830962
I had my mum drop me off at a 24 hour library to study overnight for exams and when I went to the McDonald nearby to have a hot chocolate this guy stabbed me for my purse because I froze up. Been scared of going outside ever since. Got a big dog now that will protect me hopefully.
>>
So, i've been doing keto for a while and I lost 4kg in a week and i'm pissing a fuck ton all the time.
Does this mean it's finally working?
>>
>>60831407
Do be careful with the running, extra fat on an animal is hard on their joints.
Also check his macros, it can be difficult to give your dog a complete diet when you're simply reducing feed.
>>
>>60831407
Just feed him a species appropriate diet and he won't be fat. For dogs that is meat. They're carnivores.
>>
>>60831461
Yes. Water loss at the start of keto means your insulin has gone down. Insulin is what causes water weight.

So you're on the right track. Just keep insulin low (no carbs) to stay in fat burning mode.
>>
>>60831639
>Water loss at the start of keto means your insulin has gone down
Must have had pretty high insulin levels then, aside from a few days where I ate some whole wheat pasta and bread, i've mostly sticked to no carb food since January and I didn't lose almost any weight nor felt like pissing this much yet.

Also, does it matter if I stick mostly to protein?
Most of what I eat is meat, fish and eggs, since I already ate those before.
>>
My legs hurt so fucking much bros
>>
>want to stop having food cravings
>don’t want to drink coffee because it fucks my sleep
>>
>went back to the gym this week
>weight has gone up due to noob gains
Any way to counter this?
>>
>>60821108
No dude. They won't use the best cuts obviously. And the fact that it no longer looks like meat means they could put shit in like preservatives. There are even laws regulating the amount of real meat you are required to have in sausages. I won't be surprised if they play the same game with mince. Just buy real meat and smash it yourself.
>>
>>60831720
As long as you're not hungry, mostly protein is fine. If you aren't satiated you can add fat. Just avoid carbs.
>>
>>60831857

As they should be
>>
Exercising is a blessing, bros, I went my usual weekly groceries routine today and I used to get tired walking up and down the streets, today I didn't even feel like I made any effort, also, I usually take out 3 or 4 bags of trash at once and I have to go up a 50m street to get to the place where im suposed to throw the trash, back when I was a lazy faggot I got tired and had to rest midway through, now I can go all the way no problem. I can't even imagine how good it must feel to be thin, it must feel godly, im feeling like a chad already. It's the little victories, bros, believe in yourselves, you can do it.
>>
>>60820843

Its interesting to note Marilyn Monroe's diet:

Morning Meals:
2 Raw eggs with warm milk.

Supper Meals:
Steak, liver, lamb chops, carrots

Cheat meals:
Ice cream or sundaes

No processed foods, no eating out at restaurants when she was on her own. Its interesting to note there were actual ads back in the ancestor's day advertising weight gain in women who wanted not to be a stick with some meat on em(not in the modern sense mind you).
>>
>>60831461
>>60831639
>>60831720
Bros, redpill me on keto, i dont want to be a faggot and say cico is shit because it obviously works, but I want faster results
>how bad is the adaption period, and how long it takes
>how it affects your thinking capabilities
>how bad is keto flu
>how is exercising affected by it
I don't even know if the /fat/ general is the proper place to ask, but whatever. I really cant stay too much time on adaption period because im a software engineer and I unironically need to do high iq tasks on the daily, as retarded as that sounds, im afraid keto might impact my job effectiveness.
>>
I swore I'd never do it to myself again (have got fat three times now), but I'm back on track.
>-11.1kg since Feb 24th
>Gyms re-open Monday (Britfag) so I can lift again in addition to running and yoga
>>
>>60831458
Dogs are good. Live in a place where you can carry a gun? Those are good too.
>>
>>60832802
>software engineer
>high iq tasks
DOUBT
>>
>>60832802
Cognitive function works better on keto, especially for people with insulin resistance. The metabolic boost from keto is partially from your organs working better. The brain uses the most energy of any other organ.
>>
>tfw started on Elvanse/Vyvanse
no wonder they don't prescribe this to anorexic bitches because holy fuck, the hunger is completely gone. Getting 1000 kcal per day is a very bad idea from a pure metabolical view, right?
>>
>lost 20lbs
>180lbs now
>still have bitch tits and gut

so I guess I should stop restricting calories and start exercising more?
>>
>>60833311
How tall?
>>
>>60833483
6ft exactly
>>
>>60827780
Fill a water bladder with ice water and place it against the fat part for two to three hours a day for a month. Cryolypolysis will kill the subcutaneous fat cells.
>>
>>60833504
Is it mostly subcutaneous at your gut? That is, can you grab the fat like it's just under the skin? If so, see >>60833616 if you have a large amount it may take several months
>>
File: rad.gif (2.99 MB, 600x338)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB GIF
>>60832591
Nice one, anon. I've been committing myself to doing one hour walks every day and fuck has it been a blessing. I used to get winded just going to the grocery store across the street. I'd get gym highs just from going to the local post office. It was fucking ridiculous but now I'm on my way to being able to walk for an indefinite amount of time without getting too tired and it's really fucking motivated me to see what other inconveniences I'll be able to overcome as the weight loss continues.

Keep at it, anon. Always nice to read about the small wins.
>>
>>60828307
Thanks, I will keep going for all my fatty soon-to-be-fit comrades out there.
Good luck to you too, 20 pounds is already a significant difference and it only gets better. It might take some time but it's a lifelong change.
>>
>>60827521

that's minus 47kgs.. how long did you do it?
>>
>>60832802

Keto isn't some magical way to eat everything you want and lose weight, if this happens is because fat and protein are super filling and your appetite will go away very quickly. This also applies to fasting and (way slower) when counting calories. At some point your body will adapt and stop tormenting you into demanding more food.

That's it anon. In the end you need to teach yourself discipline and rules, about nutrition, self-control and exercising. The method that works in the long-term is the best, whatever applies to you.

My biggest complaint about keto is the limitations when eating (try cooking without 90% of ingredients, or even eating out, it's a pain in the ass). I gave up intermittent fasting because I didn't like how it made me feel, and also because it collided with my lifting. It's up to you to see what works best anon.

Oh and the local ketofag alone is enough to scare off anyone sane from keto, but this applies to any zealot who found a new religion to preach against the stupid infidels who won't see the light. Some people just want to feel better than others; the purpose of this thread is mutual help and I hope this wall of text will help someone.
>>
>>60832591

Same here anon. I always hate lifting and going out, now it's the main priority of my day when I wake up. Feeling like a chad is the one way to describe it, it's so empowering to be full of energy, life and self-esteem. I wish I did it years ago but better late than never. My life feels like it has restarted and I can only be grateful to whoever helped and proud of myself for finding the strength of will to do this.
>>
>>60832802
If you are metabolically damaged (eg fatty liver, pre-diabetes, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes etc.), which is you are obese you almost certainly are, then low-carb or keto is an excellent way to bypass your bodies problems with carbohydrate metabolism. Combine low-carb/keto with a CICO diet and you will lose weight.

Generally speaking you don't have to do actual keto, i.e. almost no dietary carbs so your body produces ketones. Most of the benefits will be there doing low-carb (under say 60g of carbs per day, around 15-20g of carbs per meal), your body will have close to enough carbs/glucose to fuel your brain without relying on ketones, but without having so many dietary carbs that your dysfunctional carbohydrate metabolism is not overtaxed with insulin and blood sugar spikes. Giving your brain that small dose of glucose will overcome a lot of the keto downsides like "flu" and brain fog.
>>
>>60821108
Mince is processed in the sense that it's comprised of fatty off cuts and has extra beef fat added to it. Compared to a whole cut of beef, mince will have a lot more fat in it and it becomes a more caloric expensive protein source than other cuts of meat. IIFYM but something to keep in mind when weighing up making burgers vs a steak/stew. Lean mince is good choice and doesn't have these problems.
>>
File: 1614135739051.gif (24 KB, 60x95)
24 KB
24 KB GIF
hey anons, does anyone know where the whole "you should only lose 1-2 pounds a week" thing comes from? Is there some side effect to losing more than that per week, or is it just the goblins trying to steal my weight loss gains again?
>>
File: Sticky.jpg (212 KB, 849x1174)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>60821242
Read the sticky >>17018637

Intuitive eating, keto or not, is magic escapism from the need to count and plan calories and macros and has no place on /fit/.
>>
>>60834503

Metabolism slowdown, starvation mode, muscle loss even harder than usual (your heart is a muscle). This obviously shouldn't be taken as a law set in stone as it's ok for giga obese, but caution is always required if you're cutting too much without medical supervision.
>>
>>60834503
Goblins. It avoids some pitfalls that normies will fall into from shit and meme crash diets like muscle wasting from insufficient protein (especially dangerous muscle wasting in heart valves), micro deficiencies, and electrolyte imbalances. Some early crash diets relied on collagen as a protein source (e.g. bone broth, which is an incomplete protein source lacking many essential amino acids) before amino acids needs were properly understood and people dropped dead from lack of complete protein after 6 months. For the general population aiming for less of a deficit means they will eat more food and will mostly avoid those pitfalls.

The standard medical crash diet, for when some fat cunt needs to lose weight fast for life saving surgery, is now something like Optifast made by Nestle, which is around 650kcal and 60g of protein per day, plus 100kcal or so from leafy greens supplemented on top. Works fine and gives them enough protein and electrolytes so they don't drop dead and equates to a 1000-2000+kcal deficit per day.

You can do something similar with more protein. Just make sure you get enough electrolytes and take a multi on top.
>>
>>60834503
These are all myths unless you eat a high Carb diet
>>
>>60819279
Simple, don't eat and your body will use the skin as nutrients. Look up the guy who fasted for a year
>>
>>60820966
That is fucking bonkers
>>
>>60834687
He had pounds of lose skin and grew aged cheddar in the flaps and folds
>>
File: duck.gif (105 KB, 128x115)
105 KB
105 KB GIF
>>60834663
>>60834595
kk ty anons, I've already been taking multivitamins and most days I'm just eating chicken and spinach so my protein intake's been alright, and I've already been taking multis daily, I'll just throw in some electrolyte sources. also if my main source of weight loss is from burning calories through cardio (1.5-1.8kish calories daily) do I still need to worry about heart muscle wasting since I'm using the muscle so much?
>>
File: 1616530005884.jpg (5 KB, 130x130)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>60823314
Is collagen a protein or something?

I'm looking at a few options, and theres one available as a protein powder
https://www.bulknutrients.com.au/products/hcp/
as hydrolyzed collagen peptides vs something like
https://www.vpa.com.au/products/collagen-pro
which doesn't have any protein with the same ingredients?
>>
I'm thinking about joining a boxing gym once I lose a good chunk of this weight and things begin to re-open, but I'd like to have a bit of a baseline of fitness before I get there.
If I'm not expecting to gain a good deal of strength while heavily dieting, should I focus on cardio and a full-body calisthenics routine for getting in shape?
>>
>>60834875

Nah you're fine anon, if anything try counting so you can have some more specific numbers. An unwritten rule is to eat matching your BMR, and not go under it unless you're omega fat. Treat your calories burned from exercise as a bonus but not an excuse to eat more than you should. Exercise will increase your caloric need after all.

Cardio is fine but if you want to hold on to every trace of muscle mass you have, lifting is the answer. Every gram of muscle you save by eating protein+lifting is a gram of muscle you won't need to rebuild when you're slim. Of course your body hates you so it will burn fat and muscle at the same time, you can protect some of the muscle but not all.

Tldr your body isn't stupid, it won't eat away your heart unless you starve it to death but in that case it's natural selection anyway
>>
>>60834977

Cardio and lifting should go hand by hand for different reasons converging to the same goal: lose weight, keep muscle mass, look decent when less obese. Calisthenics/lifting is mandatory if you don't want to look like a fire victim when you are slim again.
>>
File: 1610028541686.jpg (65 KB, 756x756)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>60819253
you can lose weight with a ketogenic diet without a caloric deficit
cicofags are so fucking stupid and gay
>>
File: 1617765743787.jpg (8 KB, 255x253)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
frens, how does a plateau even happens? I'm in a 1500kcal deficit and stopped losing weight. How is it even possible? My body just turns a knob and it's suddenly consuming massively less calories every day while still sustaining literally the same mass? How??
>>
>>60835769
Usually it's water retention. You're still losing fat if you're eating at that kind of deficit, and eventually you'll lose the water and it'll look like you lost a ton in a single day/week. How long has the plateau been going on? They usually don't last much more than two weeks.
>>
>>60831972
Smoke.
>>
File: apu.gif (211 KB, 569x518)
211 KB
211 KB GIF
>>60835798
four days but i got desperate since i missed my goal :(
So my body is just retaining water because it thinks I'm having a hard time finding food right?
That's a huge relief, thank you fren
>>
>>60835839
No problem. Plateaus are only really concerning after a couple weeks. Keep at it and if you chart your weight-loss over time, you'll see that you were losing during the plateau but the scale just wasn't reflecting it. After all, the scale measures everything, not just fat. WAGMI
>>
I am determined for 23 hours a day and then my mind goes fucking blank and I just walk into the kitchen and binge

And it undoes all the cardio I do every day (running two miles) because I shove my face

wtf how do you cure literal binge eating disorder
>>
>>60835903
What do you binge on? Maybe when you get that urge, just go for a walk instead, even in the middle of the night. That's what helped me
>>
>>60819253
Anyone use breath right strips? Thinking of wearing them during lifting and cardio for airway gainzz. On the real tho, I have a pesky nasal blockage that's ailed me since childhood, hoping for a decent solution
>>
>>60835769
Take measurements, log them. When you're feeling discouraged by the scale take measurements and see how far your body has come.
>>
>>60835839

You know you can break a plateau, do you anon?
>>
I've been stuck at a BMI of 30 for years now and started calorie counting the other day. Problem is getting a good diet going, I have no idea what to cook, how to cook it, and how much to cook. I'm still eating junk but at least I eat less of it now, baby steps. Good luck to all my blubber benders out there.
>>
>>60819279
>i want advice
Get some fucken windex and clean your fucked up mirror you peperoni nipple bitch tits gorilla
>>
>>60834687
>Simple, don't eat
How does one, simply not eat?
>>
>>60837260
Learning to cook isn't that hard and is fun too. Just look up some simple recipes on youtube and try.
>>
>>60826592
do americans really
>>
>Losing weight well and building my strength over a few months
>Now just go for longer walks and shit just for the fun of it and cause I can
>Roommate bitches about not driving to the nearby grocery store, instead I walk all the way to the bigger one 3 kilometers away.
>Getting actively frustrated at his fat lazy ass

Am I making it?
>>
>>60819279
What is your height? Did you lift while losing it?
>>
>>60832611
That's how you maintain tasteful thiccness and luscious skin
>>
>down 30 Ibs from start
>just got 85 more to go so I can hit goal weight of 215 and enlist
we're almost there bros
>>
>>60837478
180cm, i lifted on and off (cause of lockdowns) only during the last 17kgs
>>
>>60819253
test
>>
Failed a day on couch to 5k for the first time today on week 6 day 2 and only did half of it, couldnt even run for more than 2 minutes after the 3 minute walk. felt like shit but I think it's because I'm not getting enough of some kind of nutrient
My legs have been sore for like 2 weeks now and I thought I was supposed to just push through it but now it's at actual pain stage and now I gotta rest, I'm hoping itll be gone in 5 days. I doubt I was pushing myself too hard since the program seems to be pretty consistent, so it must be lack of something I'm thinking
Hope to restart week 6 on Tuesday
>>
Started my weight loss journey on 22nd February, to this day I’ve lost just shy of 20 lbs. I’m a 280 lb fatty, should I increase the daily deficit or stick with this slower deficit?
>>
>>60830761
ywnbaw
>>
test
>>
File: 1608815459810.jpg (57 KB, 529x529)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>60831152
I've been stalling all year
>>
>>60819253
>Calculate your TDEE at sedentary
>Eat about 500 less calories than your TDEE
Does that still apply if I do 1 hour of lifting and 1 hour of cardio every day?
>>
>>60838376
I found it best if you never count calories you expend lifting or by cardio
>>
>>60838007
based oharaposting
>>
>>60832802
>how bad is the adaption period, and how long it takes
It's not bad for me, and i've been a couch potato for about 6 years now, most I got was runny shit.
It did take a bit to start feeling the effects, I started on January 16th and until this week I didn't start really feeling anything special, but apparently if you've been a mess for a long time it can actually take that long.
And i'm not even sure it would taken that long if I actually had started informing myself earlier considering that for a month I was eating whole wheat bread everyday and sometimes ate whole wheat pasta every now and then since I thought they didn't have carbs.

>how it affects your thinking capabilities
I don't feel any different, honestly.

>how bad is keto flu
As I said, the closest to it i've felt was that my shits were borderline liquid for about 3 weeks.

>how is exercising affected by it
Couldn't tell you much, all i've done yet is some lifting and walking, all of them did it while fasting and I didn't feel anything unusual.

The main things i've felt was the liquid shits and this week having to piss a shit ton, but I have lost almost 5kg in the past 6 days, although I guess most of that is water weight I just pissed out.
>>
>>60838376
Never count excercise calories.
Not only is it extremely hard to track how many you've lost exactly due to way too many variables, but it will just make you think you can get away with eating shit.
>>
>>60824920
You are worthwhile anon. Jesus Christ loves you bro. Know thyself
>>
>>60826592
Unhusked rice you have to open with your fingers
T. American pow
>>
I posted on /fat/ before how i didnt see much aesthetic benefit from 113kg to 107kg compared to 119kg to 113kg
But now i see pictures, and holy shit 103kg is a really big difference
Goal is 90kg now
WAGMI
>>
new thread

>>60839322
>>60839322
>>60839322
>>60839322

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.