[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1knllb.jpg (79 KB, 800x500)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
where the fuck does this myth originate from and how are so many retards propagating it especially so many fitness """"influencers"""".
In real life prisoners look like absolute shit, the ones who come out jacked 100% had acces to weights.
>>
>>60807021
Movies. Also there's steroids in prison, so there's that.
>>
>>60807021
Far right and I would get along real well
>>
>>60807021
When I was in prison, the inmates who wanted to work out would take the bags that our milk and juice came in and filled them with water, tying off the corner tear from when they drank it. They would make kettlebell-type weights and weight belts this way with sheets or shirts.
>>
>>60807021
>where the fuck does this myth originate from and how are so many retards propagating it especially so many fitness """"influencers"""".
>In real life prisoners look like absolute shit, the ones who come out jacked 100% had acces to weights.
only low risk inmates get access to weights, the ones who are going shank people over drugs are calisthenics dyels. There probably are some big guys in there that trade their commissary items/cash for extra milk but it's probably few and far between
>>
>>60807052
Yeah movies. The same people will say the Romans were incredibly jacked and that everyone doing manual labor is super ripped. Also that literal models are just a bit above average.
>>
>>60807021
lol me in the back right
>>
File: stabby.jpg (23 KB, 151x499)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>60807021
some of these guys look like absolute brawlers
>>
>>60807021
Me in the top right corner
>>
The guys in OP look strong
if u got nothing to do all day then yeah just work out
>>
>>60807021
look at their ears
all of them have blown up/cauliflower ears. maybe they don't look ripped but in a fight i'm sure they're extremely capable
>>
>>60807202
being a professional soldier 2000 years ago would make you hard as shit. My great-grandfather was jacked from being a farmer in 1920s Bohemia, I´ve seen pictures
>>
>>60807021
The type of people that go to prison generally already have higher test levels than most people. Higher test leads to more aggression, so they get thrown in prison. There's a lot of good athletes in prison that would've been able to go pro/d1 in sports, but what made them good at sports made them not fit for society
>>
>>60807021
I guarantee you that if OP was stood where the cameraman is he’d be absolutely shitting himself
>>
>>60807474
Based
>>
>>60807465
>source: dude, trust me
>>
>>60807465
https://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/17/health/nutrition/17exer.html
>>
>>60807621
Thanks bro
>>60807562
Fuck off. Use common sense, think about it
>>
>>60807562
Do you have a source that says he's wrong?
>>
Glorification of thug culture.
I've been inside a real functioning prison and no not as a guest.
Most of the guys looked average / below average.
They feed them shit but keep in mind other than read or wail on each other they only have workout.
>>
>>60807021
>myth
You’re showing Mexicans. That’s what Mexicans look like. They carry a bunch of body fat.
>>
>>60807621
says nothing about testosterone or whether or not high T levels lead to greater aggression or that there are a lot of good athletes in prison that couldve competed at pro/d1 levels

>>60807824
i thought about it and it was a stupid, baseless claim.

>>60807908
i'm jackie chan. do you have a source that says i'm not? can you prove that i'm not jackie chan?
>>
>>60808090
>says nothing about testosterone or whether or not high T levels lead to greater aggression or that there are a lot of good athletes in prison that couldve competed at pro/d1 levels
cute lowkey shilling your thug nigger fetish bro
>>
>>60808090
My source is that Jackie Chan isn't a low test faggot.
>>
movies/hollywood. mostly to prop up niggers egos while lowering whiteys. you know that whole intimidate whitey and prop up "BBC" and superior nigger physicality slop..

in reality most prisoners are either chubby or skinny fat. They're in better shape than the average fuck still because they have nothing to do so a higher percentage are getting at least some physical activity.
>>
>>60807021
>where the fuck does this myth originate from and how are so many retards propagating it especially so many fitness """"influencers"""".
Movies
>>
>>60808125
what? are you actually retarded, bro?

>The type of people that go to prison generally already have higher test levels than most people. Higher test leads to more aggression, so they get thrown in prison. There's a lot of good athletes in prison that would've been able to go pro/d1 in sports, but what made them good at sports made them not fit for society

that's what >>60807465 said. i said that sounds like complete bullshit. i'm gonna call your handler and tell them that you managed to get on the internet again somehow
>>
>>60808548
>gets called out on his thug nigger BLACKED fetishism
>the american lashes out
>>
>>60808594
no, anon. i'm the one who is refuting the thug nigger blacked fetishism.

if i were to venture a guess, i would say low IQ is the greatest determining factor of whether or not somebody will end up in prison. people in jail are by and large stupid as fuck, stupid people are impulsive and aggressive.
>>
>>60807105
Sorry homie, got to show me that paperwork to keep posting in this thread. Don’t make me book you.
>>
>>60807413
except Roman soldiers were significantly shorter than Gauls and Germans
>>
>>60808594
You're the only one talking about BLACKED faggot
>>
>>60808909
Hard to say the precise size differences, Romans still ate 1lb of meat, 1lb of bread and some cheese/vegetables. That's been a staple ration going back forever. The higher vitamin D diet probably did make them a bit taller though
>>
>>60807021
What's with the retarded shorts?
>>
>>60807298
thats what I was thinking. Would go out of my way to avoid a physical confrontation with some of these guys.
>>
>>60807090
Yeah most of us here do get along with the far right
>>
>>60807021
Currently have the physique of the big one in the middle.
>>
>>60809736
it's prison, not a fucking fashion show you faggot
>>
>>60808909
well, italians are still shorter than germs. they are strong though, short extremities
>>
>>60808909
That's not true check out the height requirements for the Roman army. You had to be 178cm at least to be in the cavalry. And 165cm at least to be a foot soldier.
>>
>>60810022
roman scholars describe ze germans as taller and buffer than romans. granted that was also a self-suck-off to brag about their conquests but not only
>>
>>60807465
this is correct
people who live in violent areas, or who are naturally violent, are drawn towards working out and steriods to defend themselves

like why would you be a violent convict but not be interested in working out
>>
>>60810106
Even if they were probably taller they weren't towering above the Roman army like some people. I don't know were this myth come from.
Nowadays the average young German is 180cm and the average young Italian is 175cm (so nothing crazy) they aren't the same as their ancestor but I think it gives a clue.
>>
>>60810220
I dunno, germs were a less civilized hunting+agriculture society while rome was rome: shit ton of grain for the plebs. They could´ve been significantly bigger on average, like mongols and chinamen were.
also 180cm is national average, counting tiny arabs and frail old men, young germs are approx 182 I´d say, and there´s a lot of tall people
>>
1 - Most people who dont lift would consider a lot of these guys jacked
2 - If I'm in prison size>everything.
3 - No girls around to show your abs to, guys don't care
4 - If I get stabbed by a small 3-4 inch piece of metal, a 1-2 inch layer of fat around my abdomen is going to be pretty nice. Decent chance it doesn't even hit my organs.
>>
>>60810655
kinda agree, 10kgs of extra fat have a lot of pros if you don´t have to do long distance running. more weight=more power, lower centre of mass, layer of fat to protect yourself. too bad it looks like shit

see "Bahama punch":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dJ4xLbeQY
>>
>>60810219
the award for the most retarded takenin the entire thread goes to you, anon. do you have any evidence that violent criminals tend to be in better shape than the average population? your confirmation bias is showing bro
>>
>>60807021
They have basically all the time in the world to train and get ripped/stronger.
>>
>>60812835
So do you but you're still dyel.
>>
>>60809803
Nobody here gets along with the far right and incels.
>>
File: 1610947219106.gif (787 KB, 200x200)
787 KB
787 KB GIF
>>60810868
jesus christ imagine being able to throw around a group of bouncers like that. right hand of a tropical monsoon god what a chad
>>
>>60810022
>165 cm
KEK.
>>
>>60812835
Training is literally the smallest part of getting stronger/ripped. Diet is the biggest factor. In prison, these cats are eating nothing but trash.
>>
One time in County would do dips sets of 50 throughout the day to show off.
>>
>>60810220
Modern Italians are just rape babies of Germans in the north and Moors in the south.
>>
>>60808909
what does that have to do with anything, retard?
>>
>>60811744
never heard of bronson UK.

Faggot.
>>
>>60807145
youre wrong i work at a medium security prison and inmates have acess to a full old school iron weifght room, think new york barbell style
>>
>>60807298
i guarantee that guy could kill 90% of /fit/ in 1 on 1 combat
>>
>>60808757
hi wes

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.