[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: QTDDTOT.jpg (21 KB, 579x760)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Questions that don't deserve their own thread
Post 'em
>>
File: tredder.png (86 KB, 1024x267)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>60800053
Is Tredder a legit retailer? Basically everything they carry is in stock, which is extremely strange. Some broken/improper English in the product descriptions is also a bit sus.
I'm looking to buy plates, so if anyone knows of any better sites with product currently in stock, let me know.
>>
>>60800130
They're a drop shipper. You're going to get what you pay for in terms of quality and it's probably going to take weeks.
>>
File: 20210404_165043.jpg (204 KB, 1080x1999)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>60800053
Rate my routine
>inb4 no legs
I swim and hike regularly, fuck squats
>>
File: LGVsvGm.jpg (81 KB, 643x960)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>60800053
I'm going back to gym when they reopen here next week. How is this for a routine? What should I change? I'll be going to the gym twice a week. I used to lift but haven't been to the gym since Covid shut them down last year.

Workout A
Inline Barbell bench press (5x 6-8 reps superset)
Dumbell flies (3x8
Ab crunch machine ( 3x10)

Workout B
Bent over barbell rows (3x 6)
Bent over single arm dumbell rows (3x8)
Assisted pull ups (2-3 X10)
Ab crunch machine (3x10)
>>
why do u all look so fucking wwak?
>>
lifting noob here, this will probably be a retarded question

so i've read a bit about hypertrophy vs strength, basically high reps/low weight vs low reps/high weight, right?

so i want to change this routine (it's called Metallicadpa's PPL from reddit) into a fully hypertrophy one, but is it worth even changing stuff like deadlifts and squats into high reps? do people do that? and if not, then why not?
>>
>>60800346
eternally shit, please stick to one compound per muscle group during a workout you fucking autist, literally stronglifts is the way to go
>>
>>60800346
Swimming wont build strong legs because you're body will adapt to the tension and you can't progressively overload swimming. At least add squats.
>>
>>60800416
Personally I'd keep the main compounds in the strength rep range and do accessory lifts like lateral raises, bicep curls, etc. In the hypertrophy
>>
File: 20210406_205813.jpg (3.39 MB, 4032x3024)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB JPG
>ome chance to make a homegym
>buy a mismatched color bench without taking the color palette of the gum store in order to compare to the color of my power cage

Kill me
>>
>>60800606
>60800606
dont see a problem
>>
>>60800601
Hmm, never considered that one. Even for compounds such as bench and OHP?
>>
>>60800356
A: substitute for flat bench, add squats, add bis and tris work

B: add OHP, add deadlifts, remove single arm rows (overkill)
>>
Ive run out of plates to use for deadlifts but i have some of those tube/handle resistance bands. If i can work up to adding like an extra 75lbs worth of resistance from the bands would that be equivalent weight compared to normal plates?

Am i better off just increasing the reps/sets?
>>
I inherited really bad knees from my father. Putting weight on them quickly gets painful. Should I focus on losing weight before trying to work on them?
>t. Fatfag
>>
>>60800523
Arms
>>
>>60800648
Different fag here

Heavy compounds alone dont really make you grow.

I.e. chest flies developed my chest a lot more than bench did. I had a 1plate OHP and never had delt definition/separation until I added front and side lateral raises. Etc
>>
>>60800606
It looks fine, stop admiring it and start lifting, Liberace
>>
>>60800726
Losing weight will definitely help with joint pain.
>>
>>60800796
That's pre interesting, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks anons
>>
So yesterday was my first day at the gym and I decided to try that 5 by 5 workout for beginners everyones been talking about so I loaded up 5 45 lb plates on each side of the bar and squatted it for 10 reps. Is that ok for a first day?
>>
>>60800768
Hold up, first explain why you have separate days for Upper and Arms? You don't do Lower and Legs, do you?
>>
Proxies on before you answer bros. If (You) were guaranteed to get away with it, how low would you go? Me? I'm thinking 10.
>>
>>60800838
You idiot, its 5 x 5lbs. You're going to get disgusting and bulky now.
>>
>>60800867
faggot
>>
How to get 1pl8 bb curl? I have plateaued at 110lbs for 5.
>>
I got my cast off from my broken leg (snapped tibia & fibia) the other day & I am now in a walking boot. I’m eager to get back to the gym & start lifting again. Obviously I’m going to lay off of leg workout routines for a while or ease into them. Anyone recommend some good cardio I can do in a boot for a nice warmup?
>>
File: 1616174425014.jpg (17 KB, 483x474)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>60800053
Does walking 1.7km to the gym takes away precious energy i should be saving for my first compound lift, or does it work as a warmup?
>>
File: stress smoking.gif (1.01 MB, 498x498)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
>>60800053
>be me
>27 bmi lardass
>decide it's enough and do 1h/day of cardio for 2 months
>reduce ammount of junk that i eat
>weight stays the same but stomach gets bloated bigger than before
what happened
is it water or am i deluding myself?
>>
>>60801208
If you're not going for a 1RM it shouldn't matter
>>
>>60801208
2km of walking burns about 100 calories so it's almost nothing in terms of energy
i wouldn't count that as warmup desu
>>
>>60801227
Hahaha u fell for the “over 30 min cardio” meme wtf. U retard I genuinely can’t believe someone actually fell for it
>>
>>60801227
Reduce calories not just the % of junk in your diet
>>
Currently working on improving my working set weight, doing 5*5 or 3*12

Is it better to do 12,12,4f; or 10,10,10?
>>
File: 1539783726795.png (30 KB, 202x196)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
I'm lifting to get stronger, should I be hitting my max numbers and trying to hit new PBs every session or should I be scaling back a bit? Honestly never occurred to me to ask this until now.
>>
retard here, say I do 100 chin ups per day, does it change anything if I do them over the course of the whole day or try fitting them into a narrow time frame?
>>
>>60801298
how is longer training bad exactly?
>>60801332
i guess i'll have to
is fitness pal any good for counting? i see it quite alot here
>>
How effective is marathon cardio for weight loss?
>>
Pls answer

Is 5'7 @ 145 10% bf enough to look buff or will I just be a skinny fool.
>>
Anyone have that huge stretching infographic for mobility and flexibility. Getting back into rollerblading and need that flexibility to not destroyer my shit
>>
Pls post tysons and obamas backs in one picture, my bro doesnt believe me he is gay
>>
Sorry, I'm not good with fitness.

I'm obese, should I go to the gym or should I just eat less until I reach a good weight and then go?
I'm 96kg and 161cm.
I heard that it could be dangerous to exercise when over weight.
I've been trying to eat less for a half year now and failing, I've even tried fasting and keto but I still can't hold on to it.
I feel like gym would be a clutch as I wouldn't want my hard work at the gym to go to waste so I'd eat less naturally.
Would that work is that just wishful thinking?
I just can't lose weight, I lack the willpower.
>>
>>60802745
I'm in the same boat and I'm doing both. Do whatever kind of meal control you can while doing some exercise. Don't do anything that seems too much when you're starting. Work yourself up to some more intensive routines when you think you can handle it.
>>
>>60802863
So i should go to the gym then?
>>
>>60801865
Kek
The body you want is 175lbs+

It depends on a lot how'd you look at skelly mode
>>
>>60801295
uhh doesnt it depend on the pace?
>>
>>60801799
LISS is ideal. As long as you don't kill your organs or anything, marathon training is fine

>>60801447
If you're hitting new PRs often, don't stop
If you can't PR every time, take some days and do sets of 3-6 and then try again

Milk linear progress all you can. Increase calories when you slow
>>
>>60802959
no not really
unless you live near mountains and the land is all up and down it's decently constant
>>
>>60801454
Try both

>>60801373
Do more heavy volume always
Sets of 12 only help advanced strength bodybuilders

>>60801120
Never curl lightweight

I only curl 50s-65s
I can strict curl lmao1pl8

>>60800838
It's obviously not your knees
Lose weight and stretch

I'm a massive bodybuilder and my knees hurt when I break 295. Under 295, I'm fine tho.
>>
>>60802933
Doesn't have to be the gym. If money wouldn't be a problem then go for it. But you should probably get yourself to the point where you can make the most of the gym's facilities.
>>
I've been running straight hypertrophy on chest and arms since day one. Is this dumb or accurate to my goal of just building muscle?

From the little I've heard, people say that you should switch between the two build strength to increase your lifts for hypertrophy, but I am in fact increasing weight on my lifts anyway. Am I harming what would be faster progress if I dropped reps to 5-6 per set with heavier weight every 4 weeks or so for like 2 sessions or something?
>>
>>60803074
breh 3*12= 36 and 5*5 = 25 hence the 3 sets of 12 is more volume than the 5 sets of 5
>>
>>60803074
>Never curl lightweight
Yeah but I can't even increase it by 2kg and to be honest, I can't manage to get another rep either. I already curl as heavy as I can manage for reps and first stick to good form then eventually go past failure and cheat the last few reps. I was hoping there's some carryover from another exercise, maybe heavy rows with an underhand grip but I've not seen improvement from that.
>>
>>60800346
Do 5 sets of your heavy compound. Doing 3 sets of the same movement means u arent going with enough intensity. I did the flat ohp and incline same day thing for a long time and saw almost no gains. With a dedicated day for each i jumped up in strength.
>>
>>60801799
Running is super effective for weight loss. However I would stick with 10km as your target. If you train well you should be able to start doing 10km in 45-50 minutes abs that will be a 700ish calorie burn. Start going beyond that you are just pounding your joints unnecessarily and having to eat a lot more calories to not loss muscle. Just my opinion. I cut pretty well with 2-3 10kms a week with calisthenics.
>>
>>60800581
yes
>>
I am running the r/fitness beginner program for the past 20 days and I have some doubts and issues.

1) I can't get a decent form on Deadlifts at all. My main issue here is engaging the lats during setup. I am following Alan Thrall's advice.
https://youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc

So whenever I push my chest forward to engage my lats my back always hyperextends and doesn't stay flat like Alan's in the video. Does anyone here have a set up that helps me rectify this issue?

I have tried squeezing my pits and it doesn't work either in feeling my lats (and again my back hyperextends during the set up)

2) The program recommends I do one low intensity cardio and at least one high intensity cardio in the week. Is it okay if I do it on my rest days?

Workout A - Cardio/learn pull ups and chin ups- workout B- Cardio/learn pull ups and chin ups- work A.
>>
I try and do weight that will get me 3x5 but I always end up doing 3x7,7,6. Or something like that. Even 3x8,8,7. You get my point. Should I be Really looking to 3x5 with the highest weight I can or is the way I’m doing fine if I have what I think is a higher weight? Is 225 BP 3x5 better than 3 x8,8,7 210 BP? Or vise versa? ...yes I’m ocd
>>
File: IMG_20210407_122535.jpg (1.37 MB, 1506x2400)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>60800053
Okok so i gonna go out with a girl
What can I do to lower my belly as soon as possible
I have 3 days
>>
>>60803378
What difference does it make?
>>
>>60803387
I just want to look the best I can
She's a childhood friend you know
I will travel to another state and it will be the last time that I will see her this year
So I wanted to say that I like her
>>
>>60803415
Stop this mindset now jesus fucking christ
>>
>>60803533
i know i'm being a little fag Right now
But I'm really nervous really
I've known this girl since I was 12
I'm 22 now
I really want to be able to tell he
Anyway so
Fasting for 14 Hours and runing i guess...
>>
30 year old NEET, here. There's a 16 year old that keeps following me around, fairly certain she's into me. Should I or Should I not?
>>
>>60800053
has anyone had any problems with Crunch fitness? I'm looking into getting into weightlifting and the price seems low for what it's worth. If it's a race related thing then I dont care.
>>
File: 1617614384131.png (637 KB, 1136x1920)
637 KB
637 KB PNG
>>60800714
>Flat bench
Why? I used to do flat bench I felt like it hit minor pecs more then major?
>Add bis and Tris work
I'm in agreement. But my fitness level needs to go up before I can handle the additional volume. Hopefully shouldn't take long for that. I used to lift but have let myself go a since Covid shit.
>Add ohp
>Add deadlifts
I'll see what the deadlift station is like at the gym. I used to do supersets of ohp but I found it hard to do that when I did supersets of bench earlier in the week.
>Squats
What am I doing wrong whenever I tried them I felt like my wrists where gonna explode?
>>
>>60803378
You are not that fat
>>
>>60803378
Fit than most people in my familly And Neighborhood
>>
File: 1608476126743.png (203 KB, 484x605)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
My coccyx has been hurting for months now. At first I figured it was because I'd been sitting on my ass pretty much 24/7 (was in full NEET mode) but Ive started working again and am on my feet 8 hours a day, yet it still hurts
Starting to think I may have fallen on it in my sleep or something, a similar thing happened back in high school and it was sore for probably a quarter year after.
>>
I'm getting the covid vaccine soon (but le jewish tricks!!!) and I want to know how bad the side effects are. I've had people tell me you get sick and fatigued for a day or two. How bad is it? Will I have to take time off from working out or will I just feel soreness at the injection site and people are just weaklings that can't handle minor, localized pain?
>>
>>60805284
Friends who have gotten it before me have said it tires you out for a day. Anything past that is gonna come down to how you personally react to it.
>>
Former fatass. Been eating less and lifting for 6 months now. I'm finding it harder and harder to progress on my lifts and have basically stalled completely out on my Squat and Overhead Press. I know I'm probably past my newbie gains and my energy levels are suffering from being in a calorie deficit, but losing the fat is more important to me now so I've got to continue like this for just a while longer.

Just testing things out, it seems the wall I've hit is with maximum weight but not necessarily overall volume. If I give myself time to rest, I can do another set at a lower weight and I was considering progressing like this in the meantime. For example, 185 lbs Squat is what I can't overcome at the moment. I can do 3x5 @ 175 lbs with a little extra in the tank, maybe 180, but can only get 1x4 @ 185 and those last two reps are with struggling form. So what I thought I would do is just do 4x5 @ 175 and keep testing 185 and see how it feels until I can do it. Is this a good idea?

Also before people tell me to just eat more, no, I'm only like 15 lbs from my goal and want to lose the gut and be thin for once before I start bulking.
>>
File: 1614654457483.jpg (14 KB, 229x240)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
My nephew has been gaining interest in lifting and has asked if i'd give him some tips. The problem is that he's 15 and 177 cm (5'8) and i wouldn't want my own flesh and blood to get trapped in the manlet zone
My question is: Do the, so to speak, "nutritional points" that would normally make him taller instead go to muscles or does one not affect the other?
>>
recently got back into exercising and theres bits of soreness and discomfort all over my back from pull ups and push ups. Is this what I use a foam roller for?
>>
>>60805617
speaking from purely anecdotal perspective, I ate like garbage, undereating and lots of sugar, through highschool and ended up 6'1. my brother is even worse in that regard and he's 2 inches taller. one of my other brothers became a powerfat football player and he's 5'11. In my opinion it's purely a genetic crapshoot
>>
>>60805617
The short answer is resistance training during pubescent years won't cause stunted growth of any kind unless it's performed with poor form. So just teach him right and he should be fine. What's more important is eating well, and most important is sleep, so make sure that's all good first.

Source: if you cared for a qualified source you would have Googled the shit yourself. Just Google about pre-18 resistance training and the importance of sleep for height.
>>
Kengan Ashua, Kengan Omeg, Kengan Asura Zero

What is the right order to read them?
>>
How much water should you drink per day?
>>
>>60805410
Doesn't sound bad at all. I've never been one to get horribly sick or to have any sort of horrible side-effects to other things.
>>
>>60805710
Drink when you're thirsty and a lil extra for good luck. You'd notice if you're drinking too much.
>>
>>60805791
Ok thanks
>>
File: soap.jpg (203 KB, 1600x1600)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
Just bought this soap, smells really strong and don't know if it's going to make me smell like shit in the gym. I generally don't use scented soap or deodorant, have any of you guys tried this or something similar? Thinking about asking the girl at the gym but might come off as too autistic.
>>
>>60805686
So basically just good form, eating well and sleeping
I've also heard that decompressing the spine helps to avoid stunted growth, how true is that?
>>
>>60800053
Do i need to do different amount of reps&sets for each excerise? I want to do 4reps6sets heavy weights for everything, raise up the weights when i can do the 24 reps in excerises in good form, also pushups "reps till failure" so if i do 20 but fail 21, i rest and do another 20s?
>>
Do I stick with the beginner starting strength workout in the sticky until I hit 1/2/3/4? Or is it 1234 just a general goal?
>>
File: 1539102801810.png (105 KB, 426x283)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>60802987
60801447 here. I've stopped hitting PB every time and my numbers have plateaued. For example my OHP is 175lb for 5 and I'm trying to hit 180 for 5, should I try and hit 180 for 5 every time I do OHP or should I scale back and do 170 for 10 or something?
>>
anyone recommend some foam rollers? I tried 245 today and my legs felt tighter than a wolf cock
>>
File: Cute(SmileyFace).jpg (95 KB, 719x899)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>60800053
I'm 145 pounds at 6'0, is 3550 calories a good calorie goal for gaining weight?
>>
How fragile are peptides

I was planning on taking cjc 1295 and after reconstitution with bacteriostatic water. The vial was shaken like someone trying to make a cocktail

Is it still safe to take, or is the peptide broken?
>>
>>60808567
Probably too much even. Most TDEE calculators put you at 2000 cals at sedentary maintenance. Assuming you did even 500 calories of additional work a day, you'd still be 1000 calories over, which is a good way to put on overall mass, but you'll probably end up fat before you end up muscular. Try 500 above maintenance, which depending on your activity, would be more like 2500 or 3000.
>>
>>60808741
I've been eating at 3550 for the past three months and I haven't noticed any fat gain. I might try eating at 3000 for a couple weeks just to see how that works. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>60800053
Rate my routine. Would love feedback
>>
File: 1617403984350.jpg (134 KB, 720x720)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>60800053
How do you comfortably reach your protein goal for each day? I've been getting really into lifting and dieting for the last 6 months but meeting my daily intake of 160g of protein ends up making me feel bloated all day, I force myself to eat anyways but is there any trick to not feeling quite so 'full' 24/7?
>>
>>60808798
That's kind of incredible. What's your activity like? Do you walk a lot or have a work out routine? If you're going to the gym and just a pretty active person it's not unrealistic that you could be maintaining at cals that high. You would just need to figure out how many calories your activity level is responsible for burning and depending on long-term goals, add like 250-500, maybe a little more calories to that amount. They key is ensuring you're in a caloric surplus for the daily budget, but you don't want to be too heavily over or you invite fat gain. Keeping it lean is, in my opinion at least, the way to go.
>>
>>60808932
160g doesn't sound so bad, that's about what I go for myself and it usually comes from:

45g from chicken breast meal
45g from ground turkey meal
45g from protein powder in whole milk
30ish g from incidental sources (small amounts from veggies, popcorn, etc.)

If the problem is actually getting it all down, liquid calories help if you aren't already doing that. Protein shake is coveted for the reason of getting a lot of protein down easy.

Kind of a bad influence recommendation because I've always been a fast eater and desu it's probably not super healthy but eating quickly makes it so your body doesn't signal a "fullness" response in time. So if there's a meal that you don't really care for you can scarf it down quickly and not feel as full.
>>
>>60808937
I do strength training 6 times a week and do ab exercises twice a week. I also pace around a lot because I have OCD (lol). That's pretty much it. I started at 127 and am now 145 pounds. I'm also in high school (senior and 18 years old) so maybe that has something to do with it.
>>
I was told if I am doing Strength and Endurance, only rest 1-minute in-between each set: is that correct?
>>
>>60809008
It's mostly when it's time to eat, I feel full already. When I do a brief warmup cardio, I feel like I need to wait another hour or two for the food to settle. I'm just in a constant state of 'my body needs to digest this shit faster'
>>
>>60800053
My solar plexus area I think is deeper than normal, as if my very bottom ribs are more separated. It's not like pectus excavatum but it's a slight dip and is more prominent when I flex my upper ab area. Is this jsut bad upper ab genetics? Are there exercises I could do to make it less obvious. Without flexing it's honestly not noticeable but I feel like as I get more shredded it will be
>>
>>60808730
Bump
>>
File: image_iphone.jpg (39 KB, 640x640)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
This exercise causes pain in my elbow if I grip it like shown, but if I grab the ends in each hand it does not as much, I only have dumbells so is it a mistake to just change my grip or should I do other tricep exercises to build it up and then come back to it when I can grab the dumbell like shown?
>>
How do I keep the bench from moving when doing hip thrusts? I can't shove it against my rack since the feet aren't wide enough and i can't shove it up against my desk since that's really sketchy. I don't have any free walls either.
>>
File: routine.jpg (18 KB, 553x167)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Hey /fit/. Just wanted to ask for a bit of help.
I started off last year at 140 lbs and did a cut to 130@8% by the beginning of fall. However, afterwards I wasn't able to force myself to eat enough, and I've dropped a lot of weight (118 rn). Just wanted some tips to recover I've been eating a lot but am not gaining any mass. Currently trying to get out of skelly mode and I'm really worried health-wise.
>picrel is routine
>height is 5'8"
>>
File: Starting Stretches.jpg (355 KB, 1168x1250)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>>60800725
The latter. Resistance bands are very gimmicky outside of phys therapy.

>>60803074
>Never curl lightweight
>I only curl 50s-65s
>I can strict curl lmao1pl8
50s-65s are less than 1pl8 dumbass.

>>60801143
Just walking to start, with light jogging to warm up. I wouldn't run with boots.

>>60802200
this one?

>>60803344
1. Check out Stronglifts.com and their writeup on form for the basic barbell movements. They're super in-depth and breakdown tons of small parts of the form.
2. Rest days are perfect.

>>60803368
Odds are you aren't pushing yourself hard enough if you're getting past 3x5.

>>60803378
>3 days
You could literally starve yourself for 3 days and the most you'd lose is 2-5 lbs of fat+water weight. Don't bother. It's hard to notice a 10lb difference between people, much less 3-5 lbs.

>>60803677
don't do it.

>>60803731
Crunch seems pretty solid from everything I've seen, just higher quality LA fitness.

>>60804464
Unirioncally see a doc.

>>60805284
If you've ever had a flu shot it's like that. The day after you feel like shit. Then the next day you're a little groggy but fine. If you're lucky you'll have no side effects besides soreness from the injection site.

>>60805498
deload. That way you're giving your body a break while still exercising. If you've been exercising consistently for months take a week off to recoup.

>>60805619
It's just DOMS, and it's normal. A foam roller might help but it's not necessary.

>>60805965
please for the love of god don't use any strong smelling shit on yourself before going to the gym. Perfume, collogne, strong deodorant, all of that stuff is terrible in a gym.

>>60806584
Compounds 5-8 reps per set
Accessories 8-15 reps per set.
That's all you really need to roll.

>>60806999
it's a general goal, you're probably not going to hit it on just SS.

>>60809043
Count your calories and weigh your portions. Any skinny guys who claim 3500 and can't gain weight aren't weighing portions.
>>
>>60808730
>>/fraud/

>>60808892
Seems all over the place. Why not follow a simpler program? Too many accessories imo.

>>60809127
sounds like a surefire way to injure yourself. Heavy compounds need 3-5 minutes between sets.

>>60809470
are the feet not touching the ground? I've never heard of a bench moving when having weight on it.

>>60809525
weigh your portions and plan meals out. It's the easiest way.
>>
>>60809680
>are the feet not touching the ground
they are, but it's on a rug.
>>
>>60809749
well don't lift on a rug! That's stupid man
>>
What should I look at if I'm getting shoulder soreness/pain on the press part of bench pressing? Only happens when I'm benching my new max (on a novice Linear Progression right now)
Didn't happen at 130, 140, 150, but felt it a bit at 160 and was noticeably sore at 170. It goes away about 20 minutes after lifting.
>>
>>60809763
i wouldnt be if i had a choice bro...
>>
>>60809621
I didn't say I couldn't gain weight, did you read the post. I'm just wondering if I should eat less because I think my calorie intake might be a bit excessive.
>>
>>60809680
sounds like a surefire way to injure yourself. Heavy compounds need 3-5 minutes between sets.
I think I'm still a beginner as I'm only Week 6 since I fully committed IE going to gym 5 days a week focusing on isolated parts of my body. My coworker asked how long I rested, told him 2-3 minutes roughly, and he said to do 1-minute for endurance... He's more fit and muscular than me so I took his word.
>>
>>60801143
unironically an elliptical
>>
got +0.88 and +1.00 eyesight help how do I fix the degeneration of my eyesight
>>
What rough ratio of muscle to fat gain should you expect while on a bulk? Bulking at 500kcal surplus with 0.7-1g of protein per lb bodyweight. Is 50% or roughly 0.5lbs a week of muscle decent?
>>
File: pain.png (358 KB, 496x752)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
>>60800053
My low back seems to get very stiff from dead lifts, but my form looks near perfect as near as I can tell from videoing myself and watching vids online.
Is this normal, has anyone else experienced this.

Any ideas?
>>
How can I increase better blood circulation in my legs ?
>>
>>60809779
You might be flaring your elbows out too much to compensate for higher weight. Do at a comfortable weight and then at your limit weight and pay attention to the position of your elbows in both.
>>
Rate Routine? Reckon there's anything i'm neglecting

MON
Bench Press 5X8
Bent Over Rows 5X8
Dead Hangs X3
Planks X5
Lateral Raises 5X8

TUE
Squats 5X8
Standing Calf Raises 5X12

WED
Rest

THU
Overhead Press 5X8
Bench Press 5X8
Chin Ups X5
Planks X5
Plate Loaded Neck Curls 5X8

FRI
Deadlifts 5X8
Standing Calf Raises 5X8

SAT/SUN
Rest
>>
>>60810203
I think I just got a minor tear in my pec and I'm convied it's because I did bench and bent over rows in the same session ( not something I'd normally do ) so I dunno if that's something you should reconsider.
>>
>>60800053
Can a 14 years old boy lift weights? I want to make my brother stronger when it's possible
>>
>>60810155
oh wow im looking at what flared elbows look like and i totally do that...
>>
>>60810299
yes, just start him at something reasonable.
>>
>>60809842
It's a rug. You can't move it temporarily?
>>
>>60810628
no, the edge of it is under my rack. it's a big rug.
>>
File: 1423598172816.jpg (61 KB, 320x240)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>60810860
why did you put your rack over your rug?
>>
>>60810911
because it has nowhere else to go! i got the rack long after the rug. this is the only room that the rack could go in as well.
>>
>>60810993
well man, I got no advice for you other than to put it in a different room if possible. Lifting on unstable floor is begging for an injury.
>>
>>60810134
>Stiff from deadlifts
What did you expect to feel nothing in your lower back from deadlifts? As long as it isn’t pain I think you’re fine.
>>
>>60800053
I have a 7-day cali routine, would cutting one or two days a week improve muscle growth?
>>
Hi /fit/. I come from /v/ so please bear with the cringe.
What would be the most effective training if a man wanted to increase his stamina while having sex standing up while holding the woman in the air? By stamina I mean not getting tired of holding the woman in the air, not the sex part.
I understand compound lifts are great. But if I have a special interest in increasing my performance with that movement, what should I do? Try to grab weights and try to replicate the movement with them? Or maybe a heavy bag to make it less awkward. I think it being an explosive movement with a heavy weight you want to be able to repeat over and over again might mean you can never really excel at it?
Sorry for the cringe.
Thanks.
>>
>>60811264
Lifts with the legs and back, and also that the woman isn't too heavy. Squats, deadlifts, rows, and other exercises will all assist with this.

Good luck anon. fucking while lifting someone up is awesome, but it only lasts a few minutes at best before you tire out.
>>
>>60800053
My wife and I want a home gym. We have a budget of about 7k. Full rack is a must. What else does /fit/ suggest?
>>
my poop keeps tearing my bhole. do i need more fiber or what? i’ve been having broccoli with dinner everyday this week to try and help but it’s still bad. i hate pooping now.
>>
>>60811316
I see. Thanks.
>>
>>60811264
Look up zercher squats.
>>
>>60811420
I will, thanks
>>
>>60811339
Plate loaded machines if you’re really crazy about it, I can’t give any recommendations I only have a cage.
>>
>>60811385
squatty potty, also try not to poop for a day and then do one to try and heal the tear, drink a bit more water
>>
>>60811339
7k is a pretty healthy budget. more than enough for a cage and weights. if space is an issue maybe splurge on a foldable wall mounted rack. make sure to get one with a pull up bar. rowing machine and/or assault bike. glute ham raise and dip setup would be nice. couple kettlebells, anything specialized to your goals
>>
>>60811385
stool softener tablets and/or fiber gummies. Keep a Fleet saline enema on hand in case you ever have an ominously large shitbrick that you are afraid to birth. Just do it in the shower and never speak of it to anyone.
>>
I am wanting to start a keto diet, but I am unsure about the specifics on how many grams/calories to use with it. I get that it should be around 75-25-5 percent fat, protien and carbs, but I'm not sure how to achieve that. I'm looking at stuff from my local grocery store and I've found some breakfast bowls, atkins frozen meals, bacon and salad. But if I had a breakfast bowl, a plate of bacon and the atkins stuff with a salad that would only be like 70-80 grams of fat and almost the entire amound of carbs I should have. How would I add more fat? Do I just eat an enormous amount of bacon? Maybe throw some cheese in there? I can't eat nuts or seeds (missing half my teeth) and don't have much time to cook anything more complex than setting something in the oven (bacon) or microwave (breakfast bowls, atkins frozen meals). I need to lose weight (I'm about 360 lbs) and would like to use keto but I'm just not sure how to get that high amount of fat while keeping it affordable.
>>
File: 1593739925425.jpg (30 KB, 346x574)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>60811751
*75-20-5. I'm bad at maths.
>>
What's the best way to handle failure on a set?
In the scenario of doing a 3x8-12 with 55lb on curls, for example, I've tried the following:

A) Putting the weight down, walking around and coming back to try and shoot for 12 - up to 3 times.

B) Doing what I can without putting the weight, deloading and finishing the set at the deloaded weight.

C) B, but keeping it at the deloaded weight for the rest of the sets
>>
I'm trying to build even a little bit of muscle, but I'm having problems. I have a 25lb dumbell that my grandpa gave me and have been trying to curl that, but can only get to 15 (with my right arm, 12 with my left) before I can't lift it anymore. I don't mean it hurts, I mean I'll get halfway then literally cannot go any farther, and I've tried. I've been just doing 15 (12...) for a week thinking I'd get to where I could do more but it ain't happening. Then I found out about "sets", and tried wating a minute and a half before doing another, which helped but I could only do 10 and 7 respectivly. Do I wait longer for the set? Is there a "proper" way to curl? Is it possible that I don't know how to properly curl a weight and should watch a video? Should I try push-ups before weight lifting? 25 lbs seems pathetically low, and I can't even do that, so I'm not sure where to go from here.
>>
>>60812082
Sticky, you also need to be 18 or older to post here.
>>
>>60812097
>you also need to be 18 or older to post here.
oh please, like you started posting at 18.
>>
>>60812082
Ironically if you were to curl it properly you'd probably manage even less. The weight is too heavy. You need to go down in weight.
>>
>>60812131
If I can tell you’re underage it’s not a good sign.
>>
>>60801641
it is fren
>>
>>60812212
I'm 28, I've just never tried exercising a day in my life. Also probably autistic, so that may explain some of it.
>>
I have started with pushup's pullup's and jogging. Recently I fucked my elbow up. I don't know if I should just lift through the pain and it will go away or if I should just stick to running and let it heal completely. It hurts on the tricep area I think it might be golfers elbow because I've lost range of rotation. What should I do? new to excercise.
>>
>>60800601
>>60800796
Can others confirm?
Been doing hypertrophy compounds, and only compounds like a chud for a while. This seems intuitively correct and a natural way to do it. If there's resources links or the lifting authorities saying this is how you should do it, im changing my routine
>>
Can I do a one time 12week cycle of test and be fine after? I just want a lil boost to see how quality of life is affected, and I don’t want to go through the trouble of testing at a doctor and getting it prescribe
>>
>>60812202
Thank you. Would 20 be reasonable?
>>
Fatfuck here. Down to 244 from 264 in January (but probably up to 250 from Easter cheating). Im going to California in 3 weeks. What should I do to lose as much as my man tits and love handles as possible?

Noob stats from this morning:
>105lb ohp
>140lb bench
>cycle 30min before lifting
>squat on hold as I cycle more to strengthen knees
I'm planning on running between gym days and doing 10k steps average a day. What else can I do, wanna smash some Latina mamis in cali
>>
>>60812288
For me compound lifts make you stronger which then facilitates you devloping your isolation excercises more. A mix of both is the best way to achieve an aesthetic.
>>
>>60812341
Forgot to attach proofs I'm not a lazy fuck like most posters asking for advice
>>
>>60812341
Water fast / Snake Juice.
In 3 weeks you could lose 21lb, with minimum muscle loss.
>>
>>60812320
Whatever weight lets you properly maintain your form to the rep limit you want to achieve is what is reasonable.
I don't care what weight you can curl. I've beem weight lifting on and off for the last ten years. I've been complimented on my biceps a handful of times, I am currently curling 10kg. You do not need to go heavy to see results.
>>
>>60812394
This. Just make sure to take supplements.
>>
>>60812395
>>60812320
Also if you want to maximise the size or your arms, triceps are better to focus on for mass. Do both for a good aesthetic that people will notice.
>>
>>60812394
>Snake Juice.
Will this make my heart explode in my chest mid fuck session with a Cali qt?
>>
Riddle me this one:
>calories are energy
>your body needs energy to do stuff
>energy not used gets stored as fat
>fat people often feel lethargic, saying they "have no energy"

But shouldn't they have the MOST energy? They're FAT. Or can science be a lie
>>
File: bench.jpg (61 KB, 853x839)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>60800053
How the fuck do you set these up for incline bench? The bench never seems to sit right, can't get the bar off the rack properly
>>
>>60812395
>>60812432
I feel like I should check the sticky to see if it covers form, and in absence of that watch a video. Thank you.
>>
File: 1613492972526.jpg (56 KB, 750x750)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>60800053
safe for a fatty(320lbs) to lift with a mask?
>>
I was 205lbs (at 6'2) in jan. I used /fits/ greyskull variant as my lifting program up until right now. I am now 182lbs. I think i have respectable lifts for the time frame of lifting( OHP 100, bench 170, squat 195 3x5. Deadlift is 270 1x5). My question is, if I am satisfied, for now, with my lifts, can I go to a hypertrophy program and go on a larger cut to get rid of the last of my belly flabs and get larger?
>>
I do hack squats for higher reps and I feel pain in my lats/armpit like the muscles about to cramp. Anyone experience this or know what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>>60812561

As long as you don't pass out.

You normally pass out after the set.
>>
>>60812650

Those are bad lifts even for your height. You are a hungry skelly.
>>
>>60812693
So I should eat moar and continue linear progression?
>>
File: 1617669303051.png (279 KB, 1419x1381)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
I'm not sure if I should ask here or /fat/, but currently working to lose weight. I'm in my early 30's, I'm losing about 1lb to 1.5lb a week. I'm going to increase my exercise, but because I'm a grandpa is my metabolism an issue?
>>
>>60812800
yeah remember as you lose weight your TDEE will lower
>>
If I have my first meal at 16:00 and drink a protein shake at 23:30, is this still One Meal A Day?
>>
>>60812869
I'll be frank with you Anon - I'm a short, fat female. I'm currently at 1200 cal per day, should I take it down to 1000?
>>
>>60800581
>he doesn't own a molasses pool
>>
>>60800053
How do I get a gf?
>>
I want a better chest for summer, will adding failurex5 decline push-ups 5d/week fill my chest up or make progresion slower?
>>
>>60812906
enjoy the break
>>
>>60812931
if i were you i would wait until my weight loss stalls for a a bit, before lowering cals any more
>>
>>60812931
Stick with 1200 and go for a walk
>>
Flat bench is my slowest progressive lift atm

I’ve increased 10lbs on OHP
30lbs in sqt
And 50lbs in DL in the same time as 12lbs in bench. (But + 15 on incline)

Are there any good exercises to do to better my bench?
>>
File: 1617804607594.jpg (138 KB, 1024x767)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>60813158
Good to know, thanks Anon.

>>60813166
I do currently walk but I'll increase the distance/time. I may start swimming laps too.
>>
File: 20210407_225151.jpg (1.21 MB, 2208x2944)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
very important question here. is this balding? I have long hair. I try to take really good care of it. pic related scared me so much that I've been taking finasteride for about a month and a half consistently now. but do I really need to? Is this just how my hairline is? I honestly can't tell so I need some opinions.

on the account of finasteride doing anything to my dick, I cum and get hard pretty much just fine.
>>
>>60811600
>>60811628
cool our poop stool actually came in this week. i loaded up on chia seeds as well and i’ll look into some fiber gummies
>>
>>60812906
that guys videos kept getting taken down because he would also post vids of him confronting the dudes that talked shit in his comments and just take a baseball bat to their car. pretty funny stuff. i’ll see if i can find it tho
>>
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/5-day-muscle-and-strength-building-workout-split

Thoughts on this routine? I'm looking to move on from PPL.
>>
>>60800053
I do those elbow touching knee crunches
And it makes me feel really sick in the core after a while

What body part am I working out? What will it help me build
>>
Do you guys fart often in the gym? How do I stop farting so much?
>>
>>60800053
Advantages and disadvantages of squat stand vs power cage?
Looking to put together home gym with a friend and he is very set on getting a stand where I want a cage.
>>
>>60812903
No probalby not. Its a bolus of food that is going to require digestion and your body will shift out of the state it was in.

>>60812447
Fatties have the most STORED energy. But its like looking at a pile of firewood and wondering why you're not warm (since its not actually on fire). The energy that we think of as energy when we're lifting or whatever isn't just potential energy, its being actualized in that moment. Or, due to your mental processes and motivation and discipline, you know you could actualize it. Stored energy is just stored, not being used for anything.

>>60812433
No.

>>60812303
Probably. Depends how much you do, and how well you PCT. Warning: this is just based on what I've read. I am natty.

>>60811385
Shower and wash your ass every day. Getting the poop particles out of the tear will help it heal faster, since your body wont' be fighting bacterial infection at the same time. I use a scoop of psyllium husk fiber in my proteins shakes (2x a day), and that works great. In addition to the veggies and grain products I eat.
Also, maybe just cut back on food for a bit so you don't poop as often or as much. Give the bhole a chance to rest and recuperate.
>>
>>60809459
u have weak elbows faggot stop cheating
>>
why do my forearms hurt so much when i do curls with any kind of bar? it doesn’t matter, straight bar, ezbar, everything. I don’t have the problem when I do dumbbell curls at all
>>
>>60814149
bump
>>
File: file.png (387 KB, 700x467)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
Are bananas actually good for you?
>>
>>60811339
Half rack honestly. Full Rack takes up much more space and doesn't give that much more benefits.
Bumpers plates (competition urethane plates if you want to splurge)
7' standard bar
6' womens bar
Kabuki transformer bar preferably OR safety squat bar
Treadmill (curved if possible i.e. Assault air-runner, its better than a woodway or true since the front tips up higher)
Airbike (assault/elite or xebex; rogue is way too overbuilt i.e. heavy)
If you really want to splurge on cardio, also get an elliptical or Precor AMT
Adjustable dumbbells that go to 90-100 or higher. Maybe even a 50lb set and a 100lb set. (I'm partial to Powerblock but hear good things about Ironmaster also, I think Powerblock is easier to adjust but doesn't feel as true "dumbbell"-y as Ironmaster. comes down to personal preference)
Adjustable bench (flat/incline, maybe decline
Hex deadlift bar with normal and high handles (Cap is decent and cheap)
Gymnastic rings that go on the rack (Rogue makes a good plastic set)
Non-TRX brand suspension set (TRX is way too expensive)
20/24/30" box
Sandbag, reasonably heavy. I have a 60lb bruteforce, that works well enough for over the shoulder's.
Foam rollers
GHD
TV/Speaker system for music/videos
Decent clock
Maybe one of those double weight stack with adjustable height functional trainer/cable cross machine.
Kettlebells/adjustable KB/Ironmaster KB
Jump rope
Massage gun
>>
>>60812906
why do girls this pretty choose to be whores? shame, really.
>>
File: 1597466543438.gif (19 KB, 100x100)
19 KB
19 KB GIF
>>60814940
Choccy whey, whole milk, instant coffee, peanut butter, and banana is my favorite protein shake.
>>
>>60815019
> Good looks to manipulate poeple into fucking you for easy wallet/drink gains.
>>
>>60811264
You could see about getting a punching bag that is approximately the same weight, and then hugging it or grabbing it underneath and doing squats, lunges, and walks with it. There's probably also appropriately shaped sandbags too that would work. Rogue has a number of different shapes as well as a ton of sellers on amazon.

>>60810136
Probably better cardiovascular health overall. Not a doc tho.

>>60810116
ratio- depends on your diet and exercise plan. If you can add half a pound of muscle a week, figure out how to do that WITHOUT adding the fat and you'll be fukn golden. Thats kinda high tho.

>>60809470
Focus on getting your shoulder blades hooked on the edge of the bench and then driving straight up without pushing your feet forward. This takes a bit to figure out. But the only reason the bench moves backward is because your using your quads to push your feet forward while doing the hip thrust. Focus on driving the heels straight in to the ground and hips straight up instead of pushing forward at all.

>>60807960
basic black cheap one, 3' length. Don't bother with anything fancy, this isn't a fancy operation
>>
>>60814846
Get a half rack. its kind of in between both. Advantages: can add safety arms. Has overhead bar for pullups. More rigid than stands, espeically if you add some ballast weight on the storage horns. Can also bench, row, and OHP, since there are all different height levels.
>>
>>60814149
answer my fucking question you faggots and ill be on my way, or i'll just make a thread. jfc
>>
>Drink ~2 energy drinks a day
>Add in some extra caffeine from various sources
>Exhausted all the time
>Sleep way more than I think is normal
>not depressed (feel fine at least)
>not sick (feel fine at least)

I legit think it's the caffeine. About to go cold turkey on the stuff to test it, but I can't think of what else it could be?
>>
>>60814149
>>60815258
I have the exact same hairline as you, I don’t think it’s hair loss and it hasn’t gone any farther up for at least 4 years. Do with that what you will
>>
File: haha.jpg (42 KB, 640x434)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>60812940
>>
>>60801865
Depends on your attitude
>>
>>60815388
How much time do you spend on the computer a day? Also do you use the computer just before you go to bed?
>>
>>60800053
Should I go for a trap bar, It looks like it would be better idk. I feel as if it is an awful stress on my spine to deadlift and I don't really feel good pushing my self too hard. Relatively new BW 127lb manlet (58kg), set I usually do is 205x4x5 or less
>>
>>60815685
Not a lot except on weekends. I work in the construction field, which admittedly isn't that hard (inspector). But yeah, I'll wake up, go to work, get home, and just be exhausted. Clean some dishes, move some stuff around, then everything just feels heavy.
>>
How good is pork mince for bulking compared to beef mince? How would you rank chicken mince, beef mince and pork mince?
>>
Just did a testosterone check, I've been feeling like a complete energy-less shit lately and my gains have suffered from it, apparently I'm "400 ng/dL". 28 years old, seems pretty low to me, is it?
>>
>>60815803
the trap bar is a good alternative to standard deadlifts,
>>
I have trouble bulking while it gets warmer out, any tips for keeping my appetite up?
>>
ok guys so I'm balding, I have an ugly jew nose and a pointy as fuck jaw.
is there any point in me getting swole if i'm gonna be ugly as fuck anyway?
>>
>>60816248
You are overthinking things. Look at the macro's and see which one fits and what you prefer.
>>
>>60816640
100%. Not only will you build a tremendous amount of confidence, you will also genuinely feel much better abt yourself. People will respect you more too.
>>60816639
Meal prep. Plan your meals out so you know exactly when and what you will eat.
>>60816322
It's definitely below where you should be, but nothing to be concerned about. Try to increase it if you can.
>>
>>60816737

How to increase test? Do I just force myself to push above and beyond at the gym? I try that and I get headaches, my joints start to hurt, and I can't even attempt to come close to my PRs pre-covid. I don't fap, I get at least 8 hours of sleep.
>>
File: 1611375513786.png (91 KB, 329x283)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>60800053
Unironically, how long does it takes to stop looking like a dyel?
>>
>>60816640
would you rather be weak and ugly or swole and ugly?
>>
>>60816775
2 years
>>
I feel like pooping and peeing and burping ALL THE GODDAMNED TIME

Is it a condition? If it is, it is the worst there is, socially
>>
OK guys I am /fat/.

I'm down from 140kg to 100kg by eating 1600kcal but i want to start including some actual exercise.

Currently I do 6-8 miles of walking a day, 50 push ups and 30 pull ups. There's no gym near me but we do have one of those weird fitness trail things in the park where you can do decline sit ups and dips and stuff. Is it worth including these too?

I've tried increasing the amount of pull ups and stuff but I just end up fucking ravenous so that's my concern I guess
>>
Is 175$ new rack worth the price? It has pullup bar which can hold 110kg/240lb, and it can hold the bar with 175kg worth of weights / 385lb. Im a skelly and feel like I wont even go close to that rack weight limit so the price seems like a good deal, most other full racks are going for like 450$ +
>>
Do you see a real difference? No bullshit, and yes I know I have shitty skin.
>>
>>60819127
Christ anon inject in a different place.
>>
Can you get muscular doing compounds exclusively? I have been working out at home with a power rack/bench for like 2 years and have made significant strength gains. My body has improved, but not that much.

I joined a gym about 3 months ago and exclusively use the machines and dumbbells, focusing on volume and getting a pump, and I'm pretty sure I've made more muscular progress during that time than I had made in the last 2 years of working out at home with compounds.

My diet has been the same throughout. What gives?
>>
>>60821096
Do compounds till you hit 1/2/3/4 and then cut to <15% bf.
>>
>>60821258
I'm past 1/2/3/4 and probably right around 15%. I feel like I have a good base but I've been getting minor injuries with the compounds which is why I joined a gym (for machines so I can continue to lift with injuries). I still barely look like I lift but the isolation work has definitely produced more muscle in a shorter period of time.

Also, seems like every big as fuck person at the gym does almost no compounds whatsoever except maybe incline bench, but even then it's with light weight. Have I been trolled this whole time?
>>
>>60800053
Why did this happen?
>Sleeping with gf at her bed
>Dream im taking a piss in the shower
>Wake up covered in piss
It wasn't so bad but still wtf do I do this has happened before
>>
File: 1617677565951.jpg (125 KB, 938x660)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
My deadlift grip starts failing pretty consistently about halfway through my 1x5. Currently lifting 265lbs. My gym doesn't allow chalk and I don't think straps are justifiable for this weight. What can I do? I've always had extremely sweaty hands in general and I think that's a large contributed to this issue.
>>
My squat has suffered lately, and now it is comparable to my bench.
I did hurt myself a little bit. Nothing major, but my quads were hurting a bit a day or two after.
I've also switched to low bar squats afterwards because I don't think I was hitting depth and it's hard when I'm tall and stiff as fuck.

Will my squat shoot up back to around my deadlift levels or am I stuck being a squatlet?
>>
I have a really tight leg. Can I overstretch my leg?
>>
>>60810203
>5x8 deadlifts
I dont know anyone in fitness who would recommend that high reps/sets in one workout for deadlifts. Also your quads are also only getting minimal work once a week with this routine, seems silly. The rest of your routine also seems a bit random. Why are you using these rep ranges? Why does one upper body day have twice the pushing volume?
TL;DR: It honestly doesnt look like you should be making your own programs, why not stick to a U/L split made by someone with experience?
>>
>>60820278
Not injection mark its stretchmarks + hyperpigmentation shadow. I pin ass bby.
>>
I'm cutting. Throwing a little bit of cheese in my scrambled eggs in the morning won't kill me, will it?
>>
>>60800053
Where to buy DNP in the us
>>
File: Untitled.png (72 KB, 734x485)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>60822816
Literally all over the place in the NBA
>>
File: Untitled.png (178 KB, 656x422)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
How do I become The Driver
>>
>>60823076
how do i get jacked enough to wear the driver jacket*
>>
If I’m doing an exercise and can feel my muscles shaking do I keep pushing or stop for a second?
>>
>>60823188
Isn't shaking and breaking how you go about making muscular activation or is that just misinformation?
>>
Per day i walk about 16km at work over the course of 10 hours
How many calories is this equal to if i weigh 100kg at 6'4
>>
what percentage of fit is homosexual? i'm not joking nor larping just curious
also how can i look like a picrel within a year?
>>
>>60823227
kys faggot
>>
>>60823227
50%

Depends what you are starting from so idk
>>
is it normal for going from cancer mode subhuman weak to a normal human to take so long?
I'm working out for almost over half a year now and I'm still pretty dyel as fuck, i used a wheelchair and crutches for a good part of my life and never had almost any physical activities before though
>>
File: 1568539564247.jpg (386 KB, 2048x1683)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
novice lifter here. been doing phraks greyskull lp for a month now and im progressing just fine. ive increased volume by a bit a week ago because i felt like my endurance has increased. a couple of questions
1. volume vs frequency of lifting - which one matters more in a general sense?
2. should i start adding more isolation/compound exercises to the program or donf and just keep it simple until i reach a 3 month mark and switch to a different program and tweak it to however i like?
>>
Have been lifting for 2 months now am i hindering myself by not eating more than my tdee and rather less at bmi 22.4?
>>
File: IMG_8238.PNG.png (91 KB, 320x245)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
How to approach bf who has gotten a little chunky? We've been together for 7 years and over the past year or so he put on a few pounds. Nothing crazy, but definitely noticeable in the face and torso.

He was pretty much entirely sedentary all of fall/winter because it was "too cold" to go on walks. He only goes on walks if I go with him, and he goes at a pretty slow pace and refuses to keep up with me. How can I lovingly encourage more physical activity as his gf? Especially independently?

There was one point where he started doing push ups and some other basic stuff. He was really happy with how his arms started looking, but then slacked off and stopped entirely after a few weeks. When I do my at-home exercises I try to be like "you should join me!" and the answer is always "not right now."
>>
>>60825262
Same question but for gf.
>>
File: 1592063910933.jpg (270 KB, 1242x817)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>60800053
I am an autistic beginner lifter and I only care about squatting. I want to get a massive fucking squat, and nothing else.
Can I do this effectively by ONLY squatting, and supplementing with high-rep accessories?
>>
>>60812288
>tranny get's Heil Hitler dubs
poetry
>>
>>60825262
>>60825275
start lifting in fron t of them start flexing start nagging them about how good you look
>>
File: high elf.png (650 KB, 700x991)
650 KB
650 KB PNG
faggot retard over here, been exercising for a little over a month now and it would be a waste to make a new thread for this.
mostly just want to know if its possible to achieve pic rel using my current diet/routine,

>Started keto 6 weeks ago, 3 whole eggs + 4-5 eggwhites for breakfast
>usually have a salad with some canned tuna for lunch
>dinner is usually some variety of Broccoli salad with random keto-viable vegies to round out the day + chicken, or a steak with some soup
>started at 140kg, down to 128 as of today (pls no bully we all gotta start somewhere)

>go to gym twice a week, hired a PT the other week where he just puts me through high-intesity exercises like battle ropes and pushing weighted carts around, mostly just stuff for pure weight loss
>doing light upper body exercises in between gym days, mostly just the Ironborn routine
>focusing primarily on lowerbody/core exercises like donkey kicks, squats, hamstring extensions etc.
>not going to lie to you guys and say im doing a lot of cardio, because im not. im trying, but its hard to be on the treadmill for even 15 minutes going at a pace of 7km/hr. im not sure if thats normal, but im just so heavy rn that i cant manage much more than that.

obvious cartoon exaggeration aside and assuming i stick with it, what possible what exercises should i change/focus on to get minimal-waist/max-hip gains? atm ive just been following a couple of guides and doing what feels right, but i need a second opinion.
>>
Usually i deadlift the bar during barbell row days lads

Is this bad im essentially doing DL with a lower weight too?
>>
File: 0yjcm7o47fo61.jpg (93 KB, 1215x793)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>60800053
>had a bit of overweight, uhappy with myself, considered the chubbiest of the family
>exercise a bit more, try eating bit healthier, nothing strict, just more aware
>lose 13kg, feel healthier, pretty happy with myself
But there is a but
>Poor endurance. Can only exercise for 30 minutes at best, usually 20
>Poor flexibility. They say it doesn't matter but i really want to touch my toes without bending legs, and sit cross-legged comfortably
>Back hurts. I still sit a lot.
What should i do? I do light exercises daily, cardio. I don't go out almost at all, fear of pandemic. Could Yoga help with flexibility and back pain, or is yoga a meme and i should just sit differently?
>>
>>60800053
how do you recognize a thyroid issue?
>>
>>60825632
Sorry friend, i'm afraid purely on bone structure level you won't be able to achieve womanly figure you're aiming for, but you can prove me wrong.
12kg loss in over a month is very impressive! Good job!
I think Keto diet might cause some problems with carbs digestion. I don't have any solid info on that but you may want to look into it before fully devoting yourself to keto. I heard few horror stories of full-keto-diet people who get crazy indigestion after eating slice of white bread.

I don't think you'll achieve what you're aiming for, but what you are doing is improvement, and it matters
>>
>>60825798
yeah i expected as much, its just the ideal im going for. if i cant manage it, ill find another body type to focus on.

i wasnt really aware people did get digestion issues from this diet. i guess it makes sense, but i never saw anything about it. thanks for the warning though, ill look into it.
>>
>>60800053
4x a week routine w/ 1-2 compounds + accessories
OR
4x a week w/ 3 compound lifts and little to no accessories
I am moving on from P/PL/L and hit 1/2/3/4 except for deadlift
>>
Is the following enough of a workout to see physical changes on myself over long time?
I do bicep curls, dumbbell touch rows (standing), push ups and dips and squats whole holding dumbells all of them with 30-45 seconds breaks in between sets and reps until failure, sets until failure as well, I don't really count, i just do until i cant, or until i dont even manage to do half of my previous set after a break, then i move onto another exercise.
I do this every day, except two random days a week that i consider to be a rest. I chug protein or eat high protein dairy products after or prior to workout. Is this enough of a workout to see any results? I mostly do it because it's fun and I feel better about myself, but I've been wondering.
Thanks
>>
ive been doing calisthenics and dumbbell ppl after that, but gyms started opening here, BUT i can go there twice a week at most, been wondering what'd be the best way to mix it with home workouts
fbw twice at gym and push|pull at home with dumbbells?
upper/lower at gym, PPL at home?
i want to use gym time to max potential, because i don't know whether barbell is just that much better than dumbbells or just presence of other people pushes me more, but it hits me way more than home workouts
>>
guys doing strong lifts for nearly 2 months now
the bench routine takes like an hour because i take rest time of about 3 minutes
is that too long
>>
Been stuck at 80kg bench for the last month.
I'm trying to go up to 100k but I'm barely progressing.
I do 80kg 5x3 twice per week. Last week I got up to 5x4 but I failed on 90kg X 1

What can I do to get past this shit?
>>
My arms are giving out WAY before my chest on bench, is there any solution for it?
>>
>>60827385
>>60826987
guys i also am feeling that past 50kg i feel im going to suck at bench
>>
>>60827393
Wow, someone who actually hit a wall before one plate. I never thought I'd find a kindred soul.
>>
>>60827437
i have small wrists also eating under tdee and beginner so yeah
>>
>>60827486
Is it the wrists, you think? Mine are real tiny, but I didn't figure that'd be what'd wall me.
>>
>>60827529
i guess might also be kinda shit form tho i can't say
>>
What could be causing anxiety in the evening? Every day around 20:00 like clockwork I get kinda jittery, feel like I'm having a heart attack etc. Mostly physical symptoms, it's not really being worried about the next day or anything. It fucking sucks.
>>
What are the best chest exercises if I can't bench press due to bad shoulders? The rest of my body is getting further and further ahead of my chest development and I hate it.
>>
>>60827540
What helped me was treating my arms like a whip, sort of added a flicking motion to get the max power at the end of extension. I don't know if this is frowned upon though
>>
how to fuck do I keep strict form while doing hammer curls? I usually curl 50lb dumbbells but I cant seem to keep strict form where my elbow remains motionless and rotate around it
>>
>>60827753
as long as it doesn't hurt i guess?
>>
Is there a general consensus for how long to soak in the bath for any kind of muscle/skin/any benefit? I'm wondering if there's a difference between 5 and 50 minutes
>>
Dorsal side of my left wrist (on the side of my wrist closer to my thumb and pointer finger) hurts like a motherfucker whenever I make a random little movement of my wrist.

I do trapbar deads 1x week for a single set of 5 and trapbar farmer walks 1x week for 2 sets of 30 feet (9 meters) each set, both on the same day.

Last lift was yesterday morning but my left wrist just started hurting this morning. I read and type on my laptop a lot and sometimes on my cell phone so not sure if this has to do with my lifts more or my laptop and cellphone use.

Current lifts are 350 for 5 reps on the diddies and 295 for 2 sets on the farmer walks.

What could it be? How do I un-fuck my shit?
>>
Can i make decent strength gains while cutting on ss?
>>
I’ve been doing starting strength for a couple months now and would like a new program to try. I’ve been looking at the No nonsense muscle building for a bit and it seems like it might be a good workout. Does anyone have any recommendations?
>>
This isn't a question, I just wanted somewhere to say I feel really bad about blowing a load in the gym shower.
>>
>>60830826
dude wtf...
you should've let a fellow king gulp that up, so many nutrients and proteins gone to waste
>>
>>60831448
I don't talk to anybody at the gym though. How do I atone?
>>
What do you guys eat for dessert? i recently had to cut dairy from my diet for acne reasons and greek yoghurt was my go to after-dinner snack. Now i'm at a loss. what's something that's healthy enough to eat daily, that isn't dairy? Not a fatty or anything, i just like sweet foods.
>>
>>60800053
Did this green text on robotripping for the drug thread but it got zapped before I finished. So here it is.
>>60830541
It's terrible for you. I wouldn't take any OTC or prescription drugs whatsoever these days. That being said, I robo tripped a lot in high school. Robitussin, coricidan, and dramamine (the best one).
>robotripping with frI end
>it's trash night in my neighborhood
>go around collecting weird shit from neighbors' trash piles
>skis, lawn ornaments, grills, traffic cones, tools, stuffes animals, etc, etc.
>some of it probably wasn't actually trash but we were wacked out
>find a rubber medicine ball
>think it's a playground ball
>go to bounce it back and forth
>instead of weighing 3 Oz it weighs 6 or 7 lbs
>makes a loud metallic bing! when you bounce it
>completelyfuckingincomprehensible.jpeg
>pack up all the random shit in my car
>trunk is full
>back seat piled to ceiling
>drive to another friend's place to show him all the great stuff we found
>nothome.png
>proceed to construct a 7-8 ft tall trash monster / bizarre altar in his front yard
>get a call the next day
>hey, anon. this is awesome. I knew it was you.
>go back to check it out
>wtfit'sgone.gift
>man, anon, the cops came and made me take it down.
I have more.
>>
>>60831747
They make this coconut "milk" "icecream" shit that does the trick for me. It's basically just coconut and vanilla.
>>
curious so i thought id ask can you guys think/create
a gigantic meal that would cover most vitamins/minerals/antioxidants
>>
Is it worth getting a personal trainer or schedule if your an intermediate lifter. Any recommendations from where?
>>
File: raian.jpg (212 KB, 844x1200)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>60800053
how wide should my feet be when I squat. I usually have them shoulder width apart or smaller and feet point forward. I only squat with 20 lbs (all I have) so do alot of reps.
>>
File: clem.jpg (5 KB, 225x225)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
When I lift my arm over my head and particularly if I bend it while doing so, I get discomfort in my pec near the arm pit, so of like a stretchy tight sensation.
Any ideas what this could be? It's been like this for a week albeit it's not as bad now.
>>
Is it worth selling my 1" dumbbell stuff and buying olympic ones? I have the screw on type which are pretty terrible desu, and I really dislike having to keep the extra plates around. But how unwieldy are they? They sort of seem like they would be more difficult to handle compared to 1" handles/plates considering that the plates are slightly larger in diameter and there has to be enough room on the sleeve for a clamp.
>>
>>60831747
I make gelatin with fruit juice(blueberry is good) or have dark chocolate.
>>
>>60800053
Is it safe to do an oral only cycle? Test plus either dbol, winstrol, or anavar. And then anti estrogen when offcycle. I just really don't want to deal with syringes again.
>>
>>60830560
depends how strong you are already, how aggressivley you are cutting, what you mean by decent strength gains
>>
>>60833230
still pretty weak, currently in a 500 cal deficit, and by decent strength gains i mean weight close to 1/2/3/4
>>
Why does it feel like my blood is being sucked out of my body and I feel really irritable whenever I consume a scoop of my dear gold standard double choccy whey?
>>
>>60814993
Thanks, saving for reference. I've always heard adjustable dumbells were a giant pain in the dick, do you like yours?
>>
How do I get gains without using any equipment or going to gyms?
t. social recluse with ultra strict parents that question everything I do
>>
Anyone else hate themselves as much as I do haha ha
>>
I really hit a plateau today. I'm a skinnyfat loser, and slowly progressing the weight of my compound lifts, but today I could barely do 3x5 of bench and OHP. It wasn't that heavy and my previous workout at 2.5 lbs less was no sweat. Is it my diet or what. really shit my confidence the rest of the workout
>>
is there any advantage to a scoop of protein powder vs a quart of milk for bulking?
>>
File: 1615275599117.jpg (50 KB, 750x747)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Get scabby buildups on my scalp all the time. If I give it a good wash with a shampoo it'll subside for three or four days before starting back up
Seems like perhaps its dander but as I understand it that's just flakes, while I'm talking proper crusty scabs. Luckily my hair's thick and dark so it's not super obvious but if you had a feel through my head you'd be appalled
Anyone know whats going on? This isnt new btw, been a thing since childhood but Ive never thought to inquire on it for some reason.
>>
>>60834302
you're probably allergic to your shampoo retard
>>
>>60834395
Its any shampoo RETARD, I've tried them all and nothing changes
>>
>>60834302
stop using sulfate shampoos especially headnshoulders
>>
>>60834449
Try something silicone and sulfate free, I had the same issue but it went away after that.
>>
>>60834302
try ketoconazole
>>
>>60834449
sounds like eczema triggered by shampoo. try using a medicated shampoo or going with a really short haircut for a while and washing less often

>>60834514
this anon is right. you say you've used different shampoos, but they're all pretty much the same thing. Sodium lauryl sulfate is in pretty much "any shampoo"

ditto
>>60834519
>>
>>60834537
it's probably not a fungal issue.
>>
>>60834302
it's likely sebacous dermatitis. Could be psoriasis. If it occurs on your eyebrows, nose, or ears then it's probs seb derm. go to derm they can give you a steroid pill that works really well but you can't take it long term.

anecdotally, i've found hot showers exacerbate it so try cold showers. There's some herbs that help but i havent gotten to those yet.

Chinese medicine claims it's a disease caused by FIRE + AIR elements so generally, EARTH + WATER will offset it.
>>
I’ve had sciatica in the past and mri just shows a bulging disk in L-4 L-5 region. I can function and can lift but still have nagging soreness and pain and this is a couple years later. Any one have any tips? Shots and pt only go so far
>>
>>60834676
oxycodone
(but really, do your pt consistently and properly. unfortunately, there are no shortcuts. chiropractors will give you temporary but true relief for a short while. the pain won't disappear with time, but your body will adapt to it and it will affect you less.)
>>
>>60834761
Thanks. I am trimming in down in weight and focusing on core and lower body strength to help compensate
>>
Question about squats...

I weigh 500 pounds and squat 3 sets of 15 every day

Is this the same as a 200lb man doing a 300lb squat?

Should I start squatting with weights as I loose more body weight to keep the same 500lb total?
>>
>>60834809
bad b8

the serious answer would be to find your max, then do 3-4 sets of 6-15 at 70-80% of your max, constantly recalibrating
>>
>>60834911
That's good advice.
Thanks
>>
File: 1548288698279.jpg (13 KB, 389x398)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>60834570
>If it occurs on your eyebrows, nose, or ears then it's probs seb derm.
Hit the nail on the head. Cheers for the advice anon

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.