[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Will doing the 72hr water only fasting shit kill me? I just completed my first cycle without feeling like dying so I thought I may try to keep this up
>>
>>60004078
I don't get it he's still a faggot?
>>
>>60004078
You can water fast for around 120 hours without need for a refeed. Theoretically you can just eat on the weekends.
>>
>>60004078
>72h fasting
>4 days without food
>Day 5
>>
why didnt he used the same light ? its almost as if he is jewish ?
>>
>>60004078
>will I die if I don't eat food for 3 days
Anon... are you literally a cat? Or some other small creature? You can absolutely fast for 3 days and you will be perfectly fine. I don't recommend going over 3 days because then you start losing muscle (i.e. your body eats your muscle, but only a little bit initially. I like to avoid that altogether, though).
>>
File: 1613861807018.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>60004183
wild cats only eat once every 3 days on average, they can go longer

look at this poor bearbro, he probably hasn't eaten for months, but he is not dead
>>
>>60004078
72hr fast isn't that bad, but I felt it hardest to maintain muscle doing long fasts, do rotating 24 hour fasts, that was my favorite way to do them, one day eat, one day don't, rinse repeat
>>
>>60004209
Seeing that polar bear is really sad. Cats can survive eating that infrequently, but it's not good for them in the long haul. For humans, doing OMAD or fasting a couple of days every so often is indeed healthy for us. That's all I was trying to say.
>>
>>60004078
Op don’t fall for the fasting meme there’s no “one simple trick” to lose fat you just have to eat at a deficit and do cardio.

>>60004179
The dude in your pic is literally memeing you
>>
theres reason to fast without salt and other electrolytes, just do what snakeman says (expect for the piss drinking)
>>
>>60004237
Do you mean a 36 hour fast? 24 hour fast = OMAD essentially.
>>
theres no reason*
>>
>>60004252
This is such terrible advice. If there is ONE GUARANTEED WAY to lose weight, it is to not eat.

Eating at a deficit is a slow way to lose weight and you are guaranteed to feel like shit for however long you're doing it. Cardio also makes you hungry and is an incredibly inefficient way to burn calories. Do you, by chance, know how many calories you burn after a 15 minute run? I'll give you a hint: less than the smallest amount you've ever eaten for lunch in your entire life.

t. has lost dozens of pounds eating at a deficit
t. has lost about a dozen pounds doing fasts
>>
>>60004264
It would go like eat breakfast and lunch, then next day don't eat anything until the following days breakfast so yeah you're right, closer to 36 but I wasn't really strict about timing it, think I lost ten pounds in a month doing that
>>
>>60004252
>>60004309
Oh, I also want to add: losing weight by eating at a deficit also is annoying because you have to keep track of every single thing you eat, and if you mess up because you weighed something incorrectly or your guess was a little bit off, you're not going to lose as much weight as you thought you would.

Fasting is so incredibly easy because you just don't put food in your mouth. No measurements, no anything. You also learn to master your hunger, which is a great skill to have.
>>
File: 1599765097711.jpg (226 KB, 823x753)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>60004078
>lose most of your excess water weight, some fat and muscle just because you have no willpower to eat like a normal human bean and constantly YOYO from skinny to fat
>>
>>60004209
wtf how can i help feed polarbro
>>
Is the 16x8 fasting worth something? Im doing it for a week and lost 4 kgs, but i really think it's just liquid
>>
>>60004451
if you have enough money and connections to pull it off, you can feed it all the hobos from your town
>>
>>60004309
>>60004373
post body
>>
File: download.jpg (89 KB, 1080x810)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>60004533
This picture reads from right to left. Fasting also got me my hair back. The last picture is when I switched to calisthenics, my girlfriend (who is vegan) said I look better when I'm skinny and ripped so I lost some more weight. Feeling pretty good right now.
>>
>>60004660
Looking thick, solid, tight

keep it up mate
>>
>>60004078
So, am I the only one who notices that his hair lengths significantly change from photo to photo? His hair grows about an inch from day 1 to day 2, then it's back down for day 3. Day 4 is shorter, and then day 5 he's jumped another inch or inch and a half.
>>
>>60004078
im sure the change of lightning in the last picture was random
>>
>>60004660
lookin good man!
>>
>>60004309
I feel fine losing weight at 2600 calories. You're just a pusy lmao
>>
>>60005886
>gives completely arbitrary amount of calories and doesn't even say what his deficit is
>probably doesn't even know what his deficit is or wtf he's actually doing
>misspells the word "pussy"
>doesn't even respond to any points I made in my last post
Thanks for proving my point that fasting is the patrician's choice and that eating at a deficit is only promoted over fasting by retards.
>>
>>60004309
So what you're really saying is that you allways regain the weight and your just yoyo dieting
>>
>>60004930
and switched to a shitty phone camera instead of the DSLR he was using previously.
>>
>>60005946
I don't even know what you're asking because your English is terrible and your post is incredibly unclear.

Are you asking why I have 2 instances of losing weight? The first time was after bulking for a couple of months (I never recommend bulking to anyone reading this) and the second time was after the initial COVID lockdowns when my gym was closed and I gained weight.
>>
If I do 2/3 day fasts, do I lift on fast days or skip?
Would drinking 2scoops on fast day ruin it? Will I lose muscle while fasting?
>>
>>60004078
>tfw fasted for 36 hours
>mind felt clear and sharp like a knife
Why did nobody tell me about the mental benefits of fasting? Feels like having superpowers.
>>
>>60004137
He probably stopped eating on day one and broke his fast on day five.
>>
>>60006035
>lifting on fast days
No, you will damage your muscles (that's what lifting does) and your body won't be able to repair them, causing unhealthy stress responses (think of cortisol).
>eating protein on fast days
It won't really "ruin it," but there's no point to. Fasting to some people means eating 200 calories or less, and a whey isolate shake can certainly have less than 200 calories. But I don't know why one would do this and I personally never have done such a thing.
>will I lose muscle?
Muscle catabolism only occurs after 3 days of fasting. So 72 hour fasts, 48 hour fasts, 36 hour fasts etc. are completely fine. I recommend starting with 36 hour fasts (eat dinner one day, don't eat anything the next day, eat breakfast the day after that).

Do you have to be completely still during your fasting day? No, of course not, and I actually recommend doing something vigorous but not straining, like cleaning your place, going on a non-intense hike, going skiing or something like that.
>>
>>60006147
Thanks, I'm currently bulking to get closer to 1/2/3/4, if I hit 1/2 at least, then I'm planning to cut by fasting.
>>
>>60004451
he's already dead by now
>>
>>60006230
I recommend not bulking and not doing 1/2/3/4, which is pretty asymmetrical (though it looks nice when written). You should incorporate fasts into your routine now and you should use the website symmetricstrength.com to track your progress and see which of your lifts are weaker or stronger than others. It will also help you think about what smaller lifts you should be programming into your routine.
>>
>>60005942
Just eat like a normal person, you are not special. I repeat.
YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL.
>>
File: download.jpg (30 KB, 680x568)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>60006385
>YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL
>you are normal!
>>
>>60004092
LMFAOO
>>60004137
he's probably a nigger since they suck at math and at being smart
>>
>>60006440
Having funny images for an online forum does not make funny or smarter.
YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL.
>>
>>60004309
clearly fasting has killed off ur brain u retard. Eating at a deficit is the only way to lose weight longterm and stay healthy.

Cardio is not just done as means to lose weight but also to improve cardiovascular health but you're a faggot so you obviously wouldn't know about that.

Eat your carbs and go for a run faggots
>>
>>60005946
>Yoyo dieting
Get out of my board retarded fatass
>>
>>60006347
I'm just frustrated being stuck just under 1/2 for a while due to gym closure, so I want to get there psychologically. My squat and DL are not nearly as strong, so 1/2/2/3 is more realistic, yes
>>
>>60006567
>cardio improves cardiovascular health
Thanks, anon, but the person I was replying to was obviously talking about doing cardio as a way of losing weight. This thread is about losing weight, in case you didn't know. No one has brought up cardiovascular health except you. I am aware of the effects cardio has on cardiovascular health, but you may have taught someone else something, so that's OK.

>eating at a deficit is THE ONLY WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT and STAY HEALTHY
Are you really saying that not eating for an entire day once a week for a period of time is unhealthy and causes health problems?
Are you really saying that not eating for an entire day will not make you lose weight?
Are you really saying that no one has ever been healthy and/or lost weight by fasting?

This is beyond retardation—this is extreme denialism. Saying that NOBODY has EVER lost weight by not eating(!!!) and that ANYBODY who has ever NOT EATEN for a period of time longer than a few hours is UNHEALTHY is incredible.

>Health Benefits of Fasting and Caloric Restriction
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29063418/
>Metabolic Effects of Intermittent Fasting
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28715993/
>From Religion to Secularism: the Benefits of Fasting
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29987704/
>Fasting: molecular mechanisms and clinical applications
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24440038/
>Study finds fasting for 72 hours induces immune system regeneration
https://ideapod.com/study-finds-fasting-72-hours-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system/
>>
>>60006639
Ah that makes sense. I still recommend the symmetricstrength website, though. It's a really good tool. You don't have to follow it to a tee, of course, maybe you want to make your shoulders bigger because you have a smaller upper body frame or whatever, but it's an excellent reference.
>>
>>60004078
why does his camera have a microphone?
>>
>>60004078
Test
OP is a faggot
>>
>>60006693
I've looked as SS but it just calls everything sub-1/2/3/4 novice or untrained, a little demotivating ngl. Probably makes more sense when you're more advanced.
>>
>>60007226
You must be huge—either very overweight or very tall. Just keep it going, you'll make it. Don't let it demotivate you—let it show you where you need to improve and just keep going at it, anon. If you really need motivation, just take a picture of yourself every 2 weeks and see how much you're progressing. It's almost impossible to notice without pictures.
>>
>>60004078
No, assuming you have enough bodyfat, a 72h water only fast won't kill you. You will, however, need to replenish enough electrolytes (sodium and potassium) every refeed in order to not feel like shit. There are records of fatties fasting for weeks, so you should be fine.
>>
>>60004660
Christian Bale, his body in different movies, google this up
>>
>>60007705
Are you implying I'm not Christian Bale?
>>
>>60006498
Why does this post scream newfag and/or underage? Wait, I know why.
>>
>>60004078
How can you be so retarded that you saved this shitty pic?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.